M A Sanchez
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Cloning and functional expression of a gene encoding a P1 type nucleoside transporter from Trypanosoma bruceiM A Sanchez
Department of Molecular Microbiology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Oregon 97201, USA
J Biol Chem 274:30244-9. 1999..Genomic Southern blots suggest that there are multiple genes related in sequence to TbNT2, implying the existence of a family of nucleoside transporter genes in these parasites...
- Molecular genetic analysis of purine nucleobase transport in Leishmania majorDiana Ortiz
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Mol Microbiol 64:1228-43. 2007..The phenotypes of these null mutants underscore the importance of purine nucleobase transporters in the Leishmania life cycle and pharmacology...
- Molecular identification and characterization of an essential pyruvate transporter from Trypanosoma bruceiMarco A Sanchez
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
J Biol Chem 288:14428-37. 2013..The discovery of TbPT0 reveals for the first time the identity of the essential pyruvate transporter and provides a potential drug target against the mammalian life cycle stage of T. brucei...
- Arsenic transport by zebrafish aquaglyceroporinsMohamad Hamdi
Dept of Biological Sciences, Oakland University, Rochester, MI 48309, USA
BMC Mol Biol 10:104. 2009..Members of the aquaglyceroporin family have been shown to actively conduct AsIII and its organic metabolite, monomethylarsenite (MAsIII). However, the transport of AsIII and MAsIII in in any fish species has not been characterized...
- A novel purine nucleoside transporter whose expression is up-regulated in the short stumpy form of the Trypanosoma brucei life cycleMarco A Sanchez
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, L220, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 136:265-72. 2004....
- Functional expression and characterization of a purine nucleobase transporter gene from Leishmania majorMarco A Sanchez
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Mol Membr Biol 21:11-8. 2004..5, 8.5 +/- 0.6, 8.5 +/- 1.1, and 8.8 +/- 4.0 microM, respectively. LmaNT3 is, thus, the first member of the ENT family identified in any organism that functions as a nucleobase rather than nucleoside or nucleoside/nucleobase transporter...
- Six related nucleoside/nucleobase transporters from Trypanosoma brucei exhibit distinct biochemical functionsMarco A Sanchez
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97201, USA
J Biol Chem 277:21499-504. 2002..These results demonstrate that T. brucei expresses multiple purine transporters with distinct substrate specificities and different patterns of expression during the parasite life cycle...
- Nucleoside and nucleobase transporters in parasitic protozoaScott M Landfear
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239 3098, USA
Eukaryot Cell 3:245-54. 2004
- Molecular and functional characterization of the first nucleobase transporter gene from African trypanosomesCristina Henriques
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 S W Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Mol Biochem Parasitol 130:101-10. 2003..1 mRNA is significantly more abundant in insect stage procyclic forms than in mammalian stage bloodstream forms, and the TbNT8.1 permease thus may represent a major route for purine nucleobase uptake in procyclic trypanosomes...
- Mammalian glucose permease GLUT1 facilitates transport of arsenic trioxide and methylarsonous acidZijuan Liu
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Wayne State University, School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 351:424-30. 2006..Thus GLUT1 may be a major pathway uptake of both inorganic and methylated arsenicals in erythrocytes or the epithelial cells of the blood-brain barrier, contributing to arsenic-related cardiovascular problems and neurotoxicity...