Affiliation: Seattle Biomedical Research Institute
- Importing statistical measures into Artemis enhances gene identification in the Leishmania genome projectGautam Aggarwal
Seattle Biomedical Research Institute 4 Nickerson Street, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 4:23. 2003..At SBRI, chromosomal sequence is annotated using a combination of trained and untrained non-consensus gene-prediction algorithms with ARTEMIS, an annotation platform with rich and user-friendly interfaces...
- Patterns of gene recombination shape var gene repertoires in Plasmodium falciparum: comparisons of geographically diverse isolatesSusan M Kraemer
Seattle Biomedical Research Institute, 307 Westlake Avenue North, Suite 500, Seattle, WA 98109 5219, USA
BMC Genomics 8:45. 2007....
- Leishmania major chromosome 3 contains two long convergent polycistronic gene clusters separated by a tRNA geneE A Worthey
Seattle Biomedical Research Institute, 4 Nickerson Street, Seattle, WA 98109 1651, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 31:4201-10. 2003..Numerous genes have been identified, including those for metabolic enzymes, kinases, transporters, ribosomal proteins, spliceosome components, helicases, an RNA-binding protein and a DNA primase subunit...
- Ab initio gene identification: prokaryote genome annotation with GeneScan and GLIMMERGautam Aggarwal
School of Physical Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi 110 067, India
J Biosci 27:7-14. 2002..This suggests that there could be some as-yet unidentified additional genes in these three genomes, and also that some of the putative identifications made hitherto might require re-evaluation. All these cases are discussed in detail...
- Comparative genomics of trypanosomatid parasitic protozoaNajib M El-Sayed
Institute for Genomic Research, 9712 Medical Center Drive, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Science 309:404-9. 2005..Contrary to recent reports, our analyses reveal no evidence that these species are descended from an ancestor that contained a photosynthetic endosymbiont...
- The genome sequence of Trypanosoma cruzi, etiologic agent of Chagas diseaseNajib M El-Sayed
Department of Parasite Genomics, Institute for Genomic Research, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Science 309:409-15. 2005....
- The genome of the kinetoplastid parasite, Leishmania majorAlasdair C Ivens
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridgeshire CB10 1SA, UK
Science 309:436-42. 2005..Abundant RNA-binding proteins are encoded in the Tritryp genomes, consistent with active posttranscriptional regulation of gene expression...