Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: The Rockefeller University
- Gene regulation by nucleosome positioningLu Bai
The Rockefeller University, New York, NY, 10065, USA
Trends Genet 26:476-83. 2010....
- Nucleosome-depleted regions in cell-cycle-regulated promoters ensure reliable gene expression in every cell cycleLu Bai
Center for Studies in Physics and Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10065, USA
Dev Cell 18:544-55. 2010..Therefore, we propose that the NDR function in limiting stochasticity in gene expression promotes the ubiquity and conservation of promoter NDR. PAPERCLIP:..
- Multiple sequence-specific factors generate the nucleosome-depleted region on CLN2 promoterLu Bai
Laboratory of Cell Cycle Genetics, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY, 10065, USA
Mol Cell 42:465-76. 2011..We present bioinformatic evidence that the formation of many NDRs across the genome involves multiple NDFs. Our findings also provide significant insight into the composition and spatial organization of functional promoters...
- Nucleosomes and the accessibility problemXin Wang
Molecular Biology Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065, USA
Trends Genet 27:487-92. 2011..These nucleosomes, evidently, inhibit basal transcription but are poised to be removed quickly upon command...
- Synergistic action of RNA polymerases in overcoming the nucleosomal barrierJing Jin
Department of Physics, Laboratory of Atomic and Solid State Physics, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 17:745-52. 2010....