Affiliation: The University of Texas
- Vannucchi A, Verstovsek S, Guglielmelli P, Griesshammer M, Burn T, Naim A, et al. Ruxolitinib reduces JAK2 p.V617F allele burden in patients with polycythemia vera enrolled in the RESPONSE study. Ann Hematol. 2017;96:1113-1120 pubmed publisher..V617F allele burden in patients with PV who are resistant to or intolerant of hydroxyurea. The relationship between allele burden changes and clinical outcomes in patients with PV remains unclear. ..
- Strati P, Masarova L, Bose P, Daver N, Pemmaraju N, Verstovsek S. Haptoglobin is frequently low in patients with myelofibrosis: Clinical relevance. Leuk Res. 2017;57:85-88 pubmed publisher..Factors strongly correlating with decreased haptoglobin were high JAK2 allele burden and ongoing treatment with JAKi. Larger scale serial measurement and longer follow-up is needed to further explain our findings. ..
- Verstovsek S, Tefferi A, Kantarjian H, Manshouri T, Luthra R, Pardanani A, et al. Alemtuzumab therapy for hypereosinophilic syndrome and chronic eosinophilic leukemia. Clin Cancer Res. 2009;15:368-73 pubmed publisher..Patients with hypereosinophilic syndrome (HES) or chronic eosinophilic leukemia (CEL) that are refractory to standard therapies are difficult to manage and have significantly shortened life expectancy...
- Abaza Y, Yin C, Bueso Ramos C, Wang S, Verstovsek S. Primary autoimmune myelofibrosis: a case report and review of the literature. Int J Hematol. 2017;105:536-539 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the presence of monoclonal T-cell receptor gamma gene rearrangements delineated the presence of an autoimmune disorder supporting our diagnosis of primary autoimmune myelofibrosis. ..
- Kc D, Falchi L, Verstovsek S. The underappreciated risk of thrombosis and bleeding in patients with myelofibrosis: a review. Ann Hematol. 2017;96:1595-1604 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss the frequency of thrombosis and bleeding in patients with MF, including prefibrotic PMF and their established and potential risk factors. ..
- Verstovsek S, Mesa R, Salama M, Li L, Pitou C, Nunes F, et al. A phase 1 study of the Janus kinase 2 (JAK2)V617F inhibitor, gandotinib (LY2784544), in patients with primary myelofibrosis, polycythemia vera, and essential thrombocythemia. Leuk Res. 2017;61:89-95 pubmed publisher..Gandotinib demonstrated an acceptable safety and tolerability profile, and findings at the maximum-tolerated dose of 120mg supported further clinical testing. Clinicaltrials.gov identifier: NCT01134120. ..
- Verstovsek S, Gotlib J, Mesa R, Vannucchi A, Kiladjian J, Cervantes F, et al. Long-term survival in patients treated with ruxolitinib for myelofibrosis: COMFORT-I and -II pooled analyses. J Hematol Oncol. 2017;10:156 pubmed publisher..This analysis evaluated the long-term survival benefit with ruxolitinib, a Janus kinase (JAK)1/JAK2 inhibitor, in patients with intermediate-2 (int-2) or high-risk MF...
- Strati P, Benton C, Manshouri T, Zhang Y, Bove J, Sanchez Petitto G, et al. JAK2V617F detection and allele burden measurement in saliva vs. peripheral blood in patients with myelofibrosis. Leuk Res. 2017;63:53-55 pubmed publisher..JAK2V617F testing using saliva is a simple, non-invasive, and potentially a more reliable method than PB for measuring JAK2 status and assessing V617F allelic burden in patients with transfusion dependency...
- Verstovsek S, Tefferi A, Cortes J, O Brien S, Garcia Manero G, Pardanani A, et al. Phase II study of dasatinib in Philadelphia chromosome-negative acute and chronic myeloid diseases, including systemic mastocytosis. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:3906-15 pubmed publisher....
- Verstovsek S, Mesa R, Gotlib J, Levy R, Gupta V, DiPersio J, et al. A double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of ruxolitinib for myelofibrosis. N Engl J Med. 2012;366:799-807 pubmed publisher..Ruxolitinib, a selective inhibitor of Janus kinase (JAK) 1 and 2, has clinically significant activity in myelofibrosis...
- Verstovsek S, Odenike O, Singer J, Granston T, Al Fayoumi S, Deeg H. Phase 1/2 study of pacritinib, a next generation JAK2/FLT3 inhibitor, in myelofibrosis or other myeloid malignancies. J Hematol Oncol. 2016;9:137 pubmed..Retrospectively registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov (# NCT00719836 ) on July 20, 2008. ..
- Verstovsek S, Harrison C, Kiladjian J, Miller C, Naim A, Paranagama D, et al. Markers of iron deficiency in patients with polycythemia vera receiving ruxolitinib or best available therapy. Leuk Res. 2017;56:52-59 pubmed publisher..The improvements in iron deficiency markers and PROs observed with ruxolitinib are suggestive of clinical benefits that warrant further exploration. ..
- Verstovsek S, Mesa R, Gotlib J, Gupta V, DiPersio J, Catalano J, et al. Long-term treatment with ruxolitinib for patients with myelofibrosis: 5-year update from the randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase 3 COMFORT-I trial. J Hematol Oncol. 2017;10:55 pubmed publisher..6%), disease progression (1.9%), and pneumonia (1.9%). The final COMFORT-I results continue to support ruxolitinib as an effective treatment for patients with intermediate-2/high-risk MF. ClinicalTrials.gov, NCT00952289. ..
- Boddu P, Falchi L, Hosing C, Newberry K, Bose P, Verstovsek S. The role of thrombocytapheresis in the contemporary management of hyperthrombocytosis in myeloproliferative neoplasms: A case-based review. Leuk Res. 2017;58:14-22 pubmed publisher..It becomes apparent throughout the discussion that the decision to perform plateletpheresis should be individualized based upon the clinical scenario, degree of thrombocytosis, available infrastructure and every patient's risk profile. ..
- Jain P, Wang S, Patel K, Sarwari N, Cortes J, Kantarjian H, et al. Mast cell leukemia (MCL): Clinico-pathologic and molecular features and survival outcome. Leuk Res. 2017;59:105-109 pubmed publisher..Clinical course may be affected by concurrent associated hematologic neoplasm and different genetic profiles. More research is required to decipher this rare and enigmatic SM subtype. ..
- Masarova L, Bose P, Daver N, Pemmaraju N, Newberry K, Manshouri T, et al. Patients with post-essential thrombocythemia and post-polycythemia vera differ from patients with primary myelofibrosis. Leuk Res. 2017;59:110-116 pubmed publisher..Although the clinical characteristics of PPV/PET-MF patients are not substantially different from those with PMF, their outcomes differ and prognostic scoring systems for PET/PPV-MF should be improved. ..