Affiliation: Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine
Location: North Grafton, MA, USA
- Genetic evaluation of Addison's disease in the Portuguese Water DogA M Oberbauer
Department of Animal Science, University of California, Davis, California, USA
BMC Vet Res 2:15. 2006..In particular, the heritability and mode of inheritance have not been defined for the Portuguese Water Dog although Addison's is known to be prevalent in the breed...
- Juvenile renal disease in miniature schnauzer dogsL D Morton
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, University of Illinois, Urbana 61801
Vet Pathol 27:455-8. 1990
- Hereditary cerebellar cortical abiotrophy in the Gordon SetterA de Lahunta
J Am Vet Med Assoc 177:538-41. 1980
- Hereditary polioencephalomyelopathy of the Australian cattle dogO Brenner
Department of Pathology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Comell University, Ithaca, NY 14853 6140, USA
Acta Neuropathol 94:54-66. 1997..An inherited biochemical defect, possibly mitochondrial, is proposed as the cause. Selected conditions with a bilateral and symmetrical distribution affecting the gray matter of domestic animals are summarized...
- Cerebellar degeneration in Old English SheepdogsH S Steinberg
VCA Veterinary Referral Associates, Gaithersburg, MD 20878, USA
J Am Vet Med Assoc 217:1162-5. 2000....
- Inactivation of the p16 cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor in high-grade canine non-Hodgkin's T-cell lymphomaS P Fosmire
Integrated Department of Immunology, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, AMC Campus, 1600 Pierce, Denver, CO 80214, USA
Vet Pathol 44:467-78. 2007..Both morphologic classification according to World Health Organization criteria and assessment of Rb phosphorylation are prognostically valuable parameters for canine NHL...
- Hereditary cerebellar degeneration in Scottish terriersG Urkasemsin
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, USA
J Vet Intern Med 24:565-70. 2010..Hereditary cerebellar degeneration is described in several dog breeds. This heterogeneous group of diseases causes cerebellar ataxia associated with cerebellar cortical degeneration...
- Novel allelic variants in the canine cyclooxgenase-2 (Cox-2) promoter are associated with renal dysplasia in dogsMary H Whiteley
DOGenes Inc, Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 6:e16684. 2011....
- How the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA) is tackling inherited disorders in the USA: using hip and elbow dysplasia as examplesG Gregory Keller
Orthopedic Foundation for Animals, Columbia, MO 65201 3806, USA
Vet J 189:197-202. 2011..Disorders with complex inheritance respond best to selection based on depth (ancestors) and breadth (siblings) of pedigree health test results. This information can be derived from vertical pedigrees generated on the OFA website...
- Mapping of Purkinje neuron loss and polyglucosan body accumulation in hereditary cerebellar degeneration in Scottish terriersG Urkasemsin
Department of Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
Vet Pathol 49:852-9. 2012..This study demonstrates significant Purkinje cell loss and increased polyglucosan bodies in the cerebellum of affected Scottish Terriers...
- A tumor-related lymphoid progenitor population supports hierarchical tumor organization in canine B-cell lymphomaD Ito
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Minnesota, St Paul, MN, USA
J Vet Intern Med 25:890-6. 2011..This model is clinically important, as TICs are promising targets for cancer therapies. However, TICs in spontaneous B-cell lymphoma have not been conclusively identified...
- Thoracolumbar spinal cord compression due to vertebral process degenerative joint disease in a family of Shiloh Shepherd dogsJohn J McDonnell
Department of Clinical Sciences, Tufts University School of Veterinary Medicine, North Grafton, MA 01536, USA
J Vet Intern Med 17:530-7. 2003..The DJD could have been caused by a primary vertebral malformation or an injury to the processes at a young age causing malarticulation...
- Inherited and predisposing factors in the development of gastric dilatation volvulus in dogsJerold S Bell
Department of Clinical Sciences, Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University, North Grafton, MA, USA Electronic address
Top Companion Anim Med 29:60-3. 2014..The disorder primarily affects large and giant, deep-chested breeds. A concise description of a typical dog affected with gastric dilatation volvulus is presented. ..
- Researcher responsibilities and genetic counseling for pure-bred dog populationsJerold S Bell
Department of Clinical Sciences, Tufts Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, North Grafton, MA 01536, USA
Vet J 189:234-5. 2011..Recommendations to breed quality carriers to normal-testing dogs and replacing them with quality normal-testing offspring will help to preserve breeding lines and breed genetic diversity...