Fang Fang Zhang
Affiliation: Tufts University
- Zhang F, Cardarelli R, CARROLL J, Fulda K, Kaur M, Gonzalez K, et al. Significant differences in global genomic DNA methylation by gender and race/ethnicity in peripheral blood. Epigenetics. 2011;6:623-9 pubmed..Global leukocyte DNA methylation differs by gender and race/ethnicity, suggesting these variables need to be taken into consideration in studies of global DNA methylation as an epigenetic marker for cancer. ..
- Zhang F, Santella R, Wolff M, Kappil M, Markowitz S, Morabia A. White blood cell global methylation and IL-6 promoter methylation in association with diet and lifestyle risk factors in a cancer-free population. Epigenetics. 2012;7:606-14 pubmed publisher..The long-term consequence of folate fortification on DNA methylation needs to be further evaluated in longitudinal settings. ..
- Zhang F, Ojha R, Krull K, Gibson T, Lu L, Lanctot J, et al. Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer Have Poor Adherence to Dietary Guidelines. J Nutr. 2016;146:2497-2505 pubmed..02). Long-term childhood cancer survivors have poor adherence to the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans. Findings reinforce the need to incorporate nutrition into cancer care to improve diet quality and to reduce morbidities. ..
- Zhang F, Kelly M, Must A. Early Nutrition and Physical Activity Interventions in Childhood Cancer Survivors. Curr Obes Rep. 2017;6:168-177 pubmed publisher..Interventions with a longer duration and follow-up are needed to assess the timing and sustainability of the intervention effect. Lifestyle interventions introduced early in cancer care are both safe and feasible. ..
- Zhang F, Cardarelli R, CARROLL J, Zhang S, Fulda K, Gonzalez K, et al. Physical activity and global genomic DNA methylation in a cancer-free population. Epigenetics. 2011;6:293-9 pubmed..24, 95%CI:-0.93, 3.40). There were some suggestions of a positive association between physical activity and global genomic DNA methylation in non-Hispanics (β=1.50, 95%CI: -0.08, 3.08) that warrants further investigation. ..