Affiliation: University of Missouri
- Kaolin-induced chronic hydrocephalus accelerates amyloid deposition and vascular disease in transgenic rats expressing high levels of human APPGerald D Silverberg
Department of Neurosurgery, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and the Aldrich Laboratories at Rhode Island Hospital, 593 Eddy Street, Providence, RI 02903 USA Stanford University, 710 Frenchmans Rd, Stanford, CA 94305 USA
Fluids Barriers CNS 12:2. 2015..al. Brain Res. 2010, 1317:286-296). We postulated that hydrocephalus would similarly affect an AD rat model...
- Presenilin 1 transgene addition to amyloid precursor protein overexpressing transgenic rats increases amyloid beta 42 levels and results in loss of memory retentionCansu Agca
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Missouri, 1600 East Rollins Street, Room W191, Columbia, MO, 65211, USA
BMC Neurosci 17:46. 2016..In order to generate a better model for Alzheimer's disease (AD), the APP21 rat line was used to generate double transgenic line that over-expressed Presenilin 1 (PS1) with L166P mutation in addition to APP transgene (APP + PS1 line)...
- Development of transgenic rats producing human beta-amyloid precursor protein as a model for Alzheimer's disease: transgene and endogenous APP genes are regulated tissue-specificallyCansu Agca
University of Missouri College of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Veterinary Pathobiology Columbia, MO 65211, USA
BMC Neurosci 9:28. 2008..Some instances of FAD have been linked to mutations in the beta-amyloid protein precursor (APP). Although there are numerous mouse AD models available, few rat AD models, which have several advantages over mice, have been generated...
- Development of a novel transgenic rat overexpressing the P2Y(2) nucleotide receptor using a lentiviral vectorCansu Agca
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
J Vasc Res 46:447-58. 2009..This transgenic rat model of P2Y(2)R overexpression may prove useful for linking P2Y(2)R upregulation with chronic inflammatory diseases, neurodegenerative diseases and Sjogren's syndrome...
- Changes in rat spermatozoa function after cooling, cryopreservation and centrifugation processesSuhee Kim
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Cryobiology 65:215-23. 2012..Thus, protection from ROS damage and minimizing centrifugation should be considered during cryopreservation and post-thaw use of cryopreserved epididymal rat spermatozoa...