S K Alahari
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Nischarin, a novel protein that interacts with the integrin alpha5 subunit and inhibits cell migrationS K Alahari
Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Cell Biol 151:1141-54. 2000..Thus, Nischarin may play a negative role in cell migration by antagonizing the actions of Rac on cytoskeletal organization and cell movement...
- Nischarin inhibits Rac induced migration and invasion of epithelial cells by affecting signaling cascades involving PAKSuresh K Alahari
Department of Pharmacology, CB 7365, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7365, USA
Exp Cell Res 288:415-24. 2003..These results suggest that several pathways contribute to cell migration, but that Nischarin selectively inhibits Rac driven signaling cascades that affect migration through PAK...
- A membrane proximal region of the integrin alpha5 subunit is important for its interaction with nischarinSuresh K Alahari
Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7365, USA
Biochem J 377:449-57. 2004..Further studies demonstrated that the minimal alpha5 binding region of nischarin does not affect cell migration...
- The integrin-binding protein Nischarin regulates cell migration by inhibiting PAKSuresh K Alahari
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
EMBO J 23:2777-88. 2004..In addition, PAK1 and Nischarin colocalize in membrane ruffles, structures known to be involved in cell motility. Thus, Nischarin may regulate cell migration by forming inhibitory complexes with PAK family kinases...
- Biological aspects of signal transduction by cell adhesion receptorsSuresh K Alahari
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599, USA
Int Rev Cytol 220:145-84. 2002..In many cases these molecules impinge on both the regulation of cell movement and on control of apoptosis...
- Nischarin inhibits LIM kinase to regulate cofilin phosphorylation and cell invasionYuemin Ding
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, School of Medicine, LSU Health Science Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:3742-56. 2008..In addition, knock-down of nischarin showed branched projection actin structures. Collectively these data indicate that nischarin siRNA may enhance random migration, resulting in stimulation of invasion...