Affiliation: University of California
- Ciclopirox gel in the treatment of patients with interdigital tinea pedisRaza Aly
Department of Dermatology, University of California San Francisco, USA
Int J Dermatol 42:29-35. 2003..Ciclopirox, a broad-spectrum hydroxypyridone antifungal, has proven efficacy against the organisms commonly implicated in tinea pedis; Trichophyton rubrum, T.mentagrophytes and Epidermophyton floccosum...
- Epidemiology of tinea capitisR Aly
Department of Dermatology, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Med Mycol 38:183-8. 2000..For example, tinea capitis due to geophilic organisms is rare in the USA...
- Rapid response of Trichophyton tonsurans-induced onychomycosis after treatment with terbinafineRaza Aly
Department of Dermatology, University of California, San Francisco, and Clinical Research Dermatology, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, San Francisco, CA, USA
Int J Dermatol 41:357-9. 2002..This aspect of treatment with terbinafine has not previously been reported...
- Sphingosines: antimicrobial barriers of the skinD J Bibel
Department of Dermatology, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0536
Acta Derm Venereol 73:407-11. 1993..tonsurans was the most sensitive. These four lipids were found to be fungistatic, preventing germination and retarding thalli. Antifungal efficacy was confirmed in vitro on stratum corneum...
- Common superficial fungal infections in patients with AIDSR Aly
Department of Dermatology, University of California San Francisco 94143 0517, USA
Clin Infect Dis 22:S128-32. 1996..If the disease is chronic and extensive, then ketoconazole, fluconazole, and itraconazole are each effective...
- Clinical efficacy of a chlorous acid preoperative skin antisepticR Aly
Department of Dermatology, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0517, USA
Am J Infect Control 26:406-12. 1998..With an easier and shorter application procedure and strong, long-term antimicrobial activity, the new halogenated antiseptic seems to be a useful and possible efficacious preoperative skin disinfectant...
- Treatments for common superficial fungal infectionsR Aly
University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Dermatol Nurs 13:91-4, 98-9; quiz 100-1. 2001..The use of topical and oral antifungal agents in treating cutaneous fungal infections is examined...
- Terbinafine in the treatment of Trichophyton tinea capitis: a randomized, double-blind, parallel-group, duration-finding studySheila F Friedlander
School of Medicine and Children s Hospital, University of California, San Diego, California 92123 4228, USA
Pediatrics 109:602-7. 2002..This randomized, double-blind, parallel-group, multicenter study was designed to assess the effect of terbinafine treatment duration on the outcome of Trichophyton tinea capitis in a North American population...
- Ciclopirox gel for seborrheic dermatitis of the scalpRaza Aly
Department of Dermatology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA, USA
Int J Dermatol 42:19-22. 2003..Typically, sites dense with sebaceous glands support growth of the lipophilic yeast Malassezia furfur. Ciclopirox (Loprox) gel is a hydroxypyridone, broad-spectrum antifungal agent proven effective against the yeast M. furfur...
- Treatments of tinea pedisAditya K Gupta
Division of Dermatology, Department of Medicine, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Science Center Sunnybrook site, University of Toronto, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M4N 3M5, Canada
Dermatol Clin 21:431-62. 2003..In such instances, systemic antifungal therapy is required to ensure that adequate concentrations of the therapeutic agent are present at the site of infection...
- The safety and efficacy of ciclopirox olamine for the treatment of seborrheic dermatitisAgron Starova
Skopje University School of Medicine, Department of Dermatology, Vodnjanska 17 1000 Skopje, Macedonia
Expert Opin Drug Saf 4:235-9. 2005..Due to its antimycotic and anti-inflammatory activities, ciclopirox olamine is established as an effective treatment for this condition...