Affiliation: University of California
- Delwart E, Kapusinszky B, Pesavento P, Estrada M, Seguin M, Leutenegger C. Genome Sequence of Canine Polyomavirus in Respiratory Secretions of Dogs with Pneumonia of Unknown Etiology. Genome Announc. 2017;5: pubmed publisher....
- Delwart E, Li L. Rapidly expanding genetic diversity and host range of the Circoviridae viral family and other Rep encoding small circular ssDNA genomes. Virus Res. 2012;164:114-21 pubmed publisher..Future studies of the virome of single cell and multi-cellular eukaryotes are likely to further extend the known diversity and host-range of small rep-containing circular ssDNA viral genomes...
- Delwart E. Animal virus discovery: improving animal health, understanding zoonoses, and opportunities for vaccine development. Curr Opin Virol. 2012;2:344-52 pubmed publisher..Numerous opportunities for the generation of novel vaccines will arise from a better understanding of animal viromes...
- Phan T, Nordgren J, Ouermi D, Simpore J, Nitiema L, Deng X, et al. New astrovirus in human feces from Burkina Faso. J Clin Virol. 2014;60:161-4 pubmed publisher..Burkina Faso astrovirus is proposed as prototype for a novel species in the genus Mamastrovirus, here tentatively called Mamastrovirus 20, representing the fifth human astrovirus species. ..
- Zhang W, Li L, Deng X, Kapusinszky B, Pesavento P, Delwart E. Faecal virome of cats in an animal shelter. J Gen Virol. 2014;95:2553-64 pubmed publisher..This study increases our understanding of the viral diversity in cats, facilitating future evaluation of their pathogenic and zoonotic potentials. ..
- Zhang W, Li L, Deng X, Kapusinszky B, Delwart E. What is for dinner? Viral metagenomics of US store bought beef, pork, and chicken. Virology. 2014;468-470:303-310 pubmed publisher..Whether any of these viruses can infect humans will require testing human sera for specific antibodies. ..
- Ng T, Chen L, Zhou Y, Shapiro B, Stiller M, Heintzman P, et al. Preservation of viral genomes in 700-y-old caribou feces from a subarctic ice patch. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:16842-7 pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that viral genomes may in some circumstances be protected from degradation for centuries. ..
- Kapusinszky B, Ardeshir A, Mulvaney U, Deng X, Delwart E. Case-Control Comparison of Enteric Viromes in Captive Rhesus Macaques with Acute or Idiopathic Chronic Diarrhea. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..Our study reveals a high level of enteric coinfections with diverse viruses in a captive rhesus macaque colony and identifies several viruses positively or negatively associated with ICD. ..
- Sadeghi M, Popov V, Guzman H, Phan T, Vasilakis N, Tesh R, et al. Genomes of viral isolates derived from different mosquitos species. Virus Res. 2017;242:49-57 pubmed publisher..The availability of these mosquito virus genomes will facilitate their detection by metagenomics or PCR to better determine their geographic range, extent of host tropism, and possible association with arthropod or vertebrate disease. ..
- Altan E, Del Valle Mendoza J, Deng X, Phan T, Sadeghi M, Delwart E. Small Circular Rep-Encoding Single-Stranded DNA Genomes in Peruvian Diarrhea Virome. Genome Announc. 2017;5: pubmed publisher..One such genome was related to smacoviruses, while eight others were related to genomes reported in the feces of different mammals. The tropism of these CRESS-DNA viruses remains unknown. ..
- Phan T, Del Valle Mendoza J, Sadeghi M, Altan E, Deng X, Delwart E. Sera of Peruvians with fever of unknown origins include viral nucleic acids from non-vertebrate hosts. Virus Genes. 2017;: pubmed publisher..The role, if any, of the non-vertebrate infecting viruses detected in serum in inducing fever is unknown. ..
- Ng T, Mesquita J, Nascimento M, Kondov N, Wong W, Reuter G, et al. Feline fecal virome reveals novel and prevalent enteric viruses. Vet Microbiol. 2014;171:102-11 pubmed publisher..Availability of the genome sequences of these viruses will facilitate future tropism and feline disease association studies. ..
- Phan T, Mori D, Deng X, Rajindrajith S, Ranawaka U, Fan Ng T, et al. Small circular single stranded DNA viral genomes in unexplained cases of human encephalitis, diarrhea, and in untreated sewage. Virology. 2015;482:98-104 pubmed publisher..Whether the tropism of the cyclovirus and gemycircularvirus reported here include humans or other cellular sources in or on the human body remains to be determined. ..
- Phan T, Dreno B, da Costa A, Li L, Orlandi P, Deng X, et al. A new protoparvovirus in human fecal samples and cutaneous T cell lymphomas (mycosis fungoides). Virology. 2016;496:299-305 pubmed publisher..The influence of cutavirus infection on human enteric functions and possible oncolytic role in CTCL progression remain to be determined...