Affiliation: University of Southern California
- Frediani J, Fabbri M. Essential role of miRNAs in orchestrating the biology of the tumor microenvironment. Mol Cancer. 2016;15:42 pubmed publisher..A better understanding of the mechanisms of action of these fascinating micro molecules will lead to the development of new therapeutic weapons and most importantly, to an improvement in the clinical outcome of cancer patients...
- Fanini F, Fabbri M. Cancer-derived exosomic microRNAs shape the immune system within the tumor microenvironment: State of the art. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2017;67:23-28 pubmed publisher..The aim of this review is to provide a state-of-the-art highlight of to the most recent discoveries in the field of interaction between tumor-derived exosomic miRNAs and the cells of immune system. ..
- Sempere L, Keto J, Fabbri M. Exosomal MicroRNAs in Breast Cancer towards Diagnostic and Therapeutic Applications. Cancers (Basel). 2017;9: pubmed publisher..These recent studies provide new hope and opportunities, but study design limitations and technical challenges will need to be overcome before seriously considering clinical application of exo-miRNAs. ..
- Barbato S, Solaini G, Fabbri M. MicroRNAs in Oncogenesis and Tumor Suppression. Int Rev Cell Mol Biol. 2017;333:229-268 pubmed publisher....
- Fabbri M, Paone A, Calore F, Galli R, Gaudio E, Santhanam R, et al. MicroRNAs bind to Toll-like receptors to induce prometastatic inflammatory response. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:E2110-6 pubmed publisher..This mechanism of action of miRNAs is implicated in tumor-immune system communication and is important in tumor growth and spread, thus representing a possible target for cancer treatment. ..
- Fabbri M. MicroRNAs and miRceptors: a new mechanism of action for intercellular communication. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2018;373: pubmed publisher..This article is part of the discussion meeting issue 'Extracellular vesicles and the tumour microenvironment'. ..
- Vannini I, Wise P, Challagundla K, Plousiou M, Raffini M, Bandini E, et al. Transcribed ultraconserved region 339 promotes carcinogenesis by modulating tumor suppressor microRNAs. Nat Commun. 2017;8:1801 pubmed publisher..339 levels, suggesting a type of interaction for uc.339 that we call "entrapping". Our results support a key role for uc.339 in lung cancer. ..