Jung Han Kim
Affiliation: University of Tennessee
- New leptin receptor mutations in mice: Lepr(db-rtnd), Lepr(db-dmpg) and Lepr(db-rlpy)Jung Han Kim
Department of Nutrition, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
J Nutr 133:1265-71. 2003..Furthermore, our mutant stocks will be useful in elucidating the effects of the genetic background on the Lepr mutations and in testing the specificity of antibodies to LEPR...
- Type 2 diabetes mouse model TallyHo carries an obesity gene on chromosome 6 that exaggerates dietary obesityJung Han Kim
Department of Nutrition, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville 37996 1920, USA
Physiol Genomics 22:171-81. 2005..In summary, tabw2 congenic mice are a new animal model for diet-induced obesity that will be valuable for the study of gene-diet interactions...
- Phenotypic characterization of polygenic type 2 diabetes in TALLYHO/JngJ miceJung Han Kim
Department of Nutrition, The University of Tennesse, Knoxville, Tennesse 37996 1920, USA
J Endocrinol 191:437-46. 2006..These findings suggest that obesity and insulin resistance are an inherent part of the TH phenotype and glucose intolerance is evident preceding progression to overt diabetes in male TH mice...
- Overexpression of interleukin-10 in sentinel lymph node with breast cancerSang Uk Woo
Department of Surgery, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Ann Surg Oncol 14:3268-73. 2007..Sentinel lymph node may be targeted not only by tumor cell metastasis but also by cytokines from the emergence of antitumor immune responses...
- Detection of human papillomavirus DNA by DNA chip in breast carcinomas of Korean womenYoon La Choi
Department of Pathology, Samsung Medical Center, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Tumour Biol 28:327-32. 2007..High-risk HPV DNA sequences were present in 6.5% of Korean patients with breast tumors. However, this study could not demonstrate whether or not such HPVs directly contribute to the development of breast cancer...