- Patency of percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty sites at 6-month angiographic follow-up: A key determinant of survival in diabetics after coronary balloon angioplasty
E Van Belle
Cardiology Department, University of Lille, Lille, France
Circulation 103:1218-24. 2001
..Several reports have demonstrated a high mortality rate in diabetic patients treated by standard coronary balloon angioplasty. No clear explanation has been provided for this finding...
- Angioplasty in the diabetic patient
Eric Van Belle
Service de Cardiologie B et Hemodynamique, Hopital Cardiologique, Lille Cedex, France
J Invasive Cardiol 16:23-7. 2004
..Recent developments in PCI procedures, such as stents and drug-eluting stents, glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors and brachytherapy, are evaluated in terms of their ability to improve the prognosis in this patient group...
- [Restenosis and vascular response after angioplasty: physiopathological data]
E Van Belle
Service de Cardiologie B et Hemodynamique, Hopital Cardiologique, boulevard du Professeur J Leclerc, 59037 Lille, France
Pathol Biol (Paris) 52:176-9. 2004
..Specificities related to the various techniques of percutaneous coronary revascularization (balloon angioplasty, coronary stents, brachytherapy, drug eluting stents) are discussed...
- Drug-eluting stents: trading restenosis for thrombosis?
E Van Belle
Departments of Cardiology, and Haematology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire, Lille, France
J Thromb Haemost 5:238-45. 2007
..Future devices dealing with the two issues (antiproliferative properties with rapid controlled endothelialization preventing thrombosis) would be the next major advance in this rapidly evolving field...
- Ischemia-modified albumin levels predict long-term outcome in patients with acute myocardial infarction. The French Nationwide OPERA study
Eric Van Belle
Hopital Cardiologique and EA2693, Lille, France
Am Heart J 159:570-6. 2010
..Therefore, we investigated the predictive value of plasma IMA in patients with AMI enrolled in the French Nationwide OPERA study...
- Effects of coronary stenting on vessel patency and long-term clinical outcome after percutaneous coronary revascularization in diabetic patients
Eric Van Belle
Hopital Cardiologique, Centre Hospitalier Régional and University of Lille, France
J Am Coll Cardiol 40:410-7. 2002
..We sought to compare coronary stent implantation with balloon angioplasty (BA), in a diabetic population, in terms of the six-month angiographic outcome and four-year clinical events...
- Nature of coronary disease in patients with insulin resistance and its impact on revascularization strategies
Eric Van Belle
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital, Institut Pasteur, Lille, France
Coron Artery Dis 16:481-7. 2005
..percutaneous revascularization) and the potential benefit of recent adjuncts to percutaneous revascularization (stents, drug-eluting stents, antiplatelet agents) will be discussed...
- Insights on the role of diabetes and geographic variation in patients with critical limb ischaemia
E Van Belle
Department of Cardiology, CHRU de Lille and EA 2693, University Lille Nord de France, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 42:365-73. 2011
..This article provides the rationale, design and baseline characteristics of CLI patients enrolled in the pivotal phase III trial (EFC6145/TAMARIS)...
- Serum hepatocyte growth factor levels predict long-term clinical outcome after percutaneous coronary revascularization
Department of Hematology, University Hospital, Lille, France
Eur Heart J 26:2387-95. 2005
- Exercise does not enhance the prognostic value of Doppler echocardiography in patients with left ventricular systolic dysfunction and functional mitral regurgitation at rest
Pierre V Ennezat
Centre Hospitalier Regional et Universitaire de Lille, Cardiovascular Department, Lille, France
Am Heart J 155:752-7. 2008
..However, severity of MR varies with dynamic exercise. Accordingly, we sought to assess the prognostic value of exercise-induced changes in functional MR in patients with LVSD and functional MR at rest...
- Cardiac correlates of exercise induced pulmonary hypertension in patients with chronic heart failure due to left ventricular systolic dysfunction
Physiology Department, Centre Hospitalier Regional et Universitaire de Lille, Lille, France
Echocardiography 25:386-93. 2008
..The cardiac correlates of pulmonary hypertension have been ascertained in the resting state, but seldom during exercise in these patients...
- Metabolic syndrome and collateral vessel formation in patients with documented occluded coronary arteries: association with hyperglycaemia, insulin-resistance, adiponectin and plasminogen activator inhibitor-1
Departments of Cardiology, Centre Hospitalier Regional Universitaire, Lille, France
Eur Heart J 30:840-9. 2009
..We hypothesized that such patients, in the event of a coronary occlusion, might exhibit a less developed collateral circulation...
- Addition of B-type natriuretic peptide to the GRACE score to predict outcome in acute coronary syndrome: a retrospective (development) and prospective (validation) cohort-based study
Centre Hospitalier Regional et Universitaire de Lille, Cardiology Emergency and Intensive Care Unit, Cardiology Hospital, Lille, France
Emerg Med J 29:274-9. 2012
- Prognostic value of hemoglobin decline over the GRACE score in patients hospitalized for an acute coronary syndrome
Cardiology Department, Groupement Hospitalier Saint Philibert, Faculté libre de médecine de Lille, rue du Grand But, Lomme, 59160 Lille Cedex, France
Heart Vessels 27:119-27. 2012
..Hemoglobin decline is frequent during ICU stay in non-bleeding ACS patients. A decline in hemoglobin ≥0.9 g/dl identifies high-risk patients. Identification of these patients refines the prognostic value of the GRACE score...
- Mid-ventricular ballooning heart syndrome
Jean Marc Aubert
Intensive Care Unit, Cardiology Hospital, Lille, France
Echocardiography 24:329-34. 2007
..This "mid-ventricular ballooning heart syndrome " should probably be classified as a new type of heart stress related syndrome...
- Aldosterone, mortality, and acute ischaemic events in coronary artery disease patients outside the setting of acute myocardial infarction or heart failure
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital, Lille, France
Eur Heart J 33:191-202. 2012
..The present study was designed to evaluate the relationship between the level of aldosterone and the risk of death and acute ischaemic events in CAD patients with a preserved left ventricular (LV) function and no acute MI...
- [What is the place of beta-adrenergic blockade therapy in coronary syndromes in the modern management era?]
Pierre Vladimir Ennezat
Hopital Cardiologique, CHRU, Lille, France
Therapie 61:335-40. 2006
..It appears obvious that the long-term use of beta-blockers may be questionable after any acute coronary syndrome especially if complete reperfusion has been achieved and left ventricular function is preserved...
- M1 and M2 macrophage proteolytic and angiogenic profile analysis in atherosclerotic patients reveals a distinctive profile in type 2 diabetes
INSERM U1011, Laboratoire de Recherche J and K, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Faculté de Médecine Pôle Recherche, University of Lille Nord de France, EGID, Lille, France
Diab Vasc Dis Res 12:279-89. 2015
..Moreover, M1 macrophages from diabetics display a deleterious phenotype that could explain the higher plaque vulnerability observed in these subjects. ..
- Impact of diabetes mellitus on long-term survival in patients with congestive heart failure
Pascal de Groote
Hopital Cardiologique, CHRU de Lille, Lille Cedex 59037, France
Eur Heart J 25:656-62. 2004
..To test the hypothesis that diabetic status may be used as a prognostic indicator in heart failure (HF) patients...
- Postprocedural aortic regurgitation in balloon-expandable and self-expandable transcatheter aortic valve replacement procedures: analysis of predictors and impact on long-term mortality: insights from the FRANCE2 Registry
Eric Van Belle
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital, Lille, France E V B, F J, A V, C B, J L A, C D, A P EA2693, Lille II University, Lille, France E V B, F J, S S, A V, C B, J L A, C D, A P INSERM U744, Lille, France J D CHU Bichat, Paris, France B I CHU Rouen, Rouen, France H E CHU Dupuytren, Limoges, France M Laskar CHU Pitié Salpêtrière, Paris, France P L University Lyon 1, Lyon, France M Lievre Institut cardiovasculaire Paris Sud, Paris, France P D G URC ECO, Paris, France K C Clinique Pasteur, Toulouse, France J F CHU Rennes, Rennes
Circulation 129:1415-27. 2014
..The prognostic value and the predictors of such a complication in balloon-expandable (BE) and self-expandable (SE) TAVR remain unclear...
- Functional impairment of von Willebrand factor in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: relation to rest and exercise obstruction
Thierry Le Tourneau
Centre Hospitalier Regional Universitaire de Lille, Pôle de cardiologie et maladies vasculaires, Service d Explorations Fonctionnelles Cardiovasculaires, Lille, France
Circulation 118:1550-7. 2008
..High shear stress impairs von Willebrand factor (VWF) and promotes abnormal bleeding in aortic stenosis. We sought to evaluate VWF impairment and its relationships to baseline or exercise obstruction in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM)...
- The presence of apoptotic bone marrow cells impairs the efficacy of cardiac cell therapy
Universite Lille Nord de France, EA 2693, Lille, France
Cell Transplant 20:1087-97. 2011
..The presence of apoptotic cells among BMMCs impairs the efficacy of cardiac cell therapy after MI, an effect possibly mediated by apoptotic microparticles...
- Comparison of blood activation in the wound, active vent, and cardiopulmonary bypass circuit
Centre Hospitalier Regional Universitaire de Lille, Clinique de Chirurgie Cardiovasculaire, Lille, France
Ann Thorac Surg 86:537-41. 2008
..We thus designed a study to identify the possible causes involved in this activation...
- Beneficial effects of fenofibrate on plaque thrombogenicity and plaque stability in atherosclerotic rabbits
INSERM, ERI 9, Lille, France
Cardiovasc Pathol 18:140-7. 2009
..We investigated whether a 4-week fenofibrate treatment might affect the TF expression and cellular modifications in angioplasty-induced rabbit plaque rupture...
- A common variant of endothelial nitric oxide synthase (Glu298Asp) is associated with collateral development in patients with chronic coronary occlusions
Hopital Cardiologique, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Lille, Place de Verdun, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 5:27. 2005
..We hypothesized that a genetic-mediated decreased eNOS activity may limit collateral development in patients with chronic coronary occlusions...
- Meta-Analysis of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm in Patients With Coronary Artery Disease
European Genomic Institute for Diabetes, Lille, France Univ Lille, Lille, France Inserm UMR 1011, Lille, France Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille, France
Am J Cardiol 116:1451-6. 2015
..66, 95% CI 0.82 to 8.61, p = 0.08). In conclusion, AAA prevalence was significantly higher in patients with CAD versus subjects without CAD. ..
- Prognostic significance of circulating levels of angiogenic cytokines in patients with congestive heart failure
Department of Cardiology, Institut Pasteur, Lille, France
Am Heart J 150:137-43. 2005
- Influence of diabetes mellitus on heart failure risk and outcome
Centre Hospitalier Universitaire de Lille, Place de Verdun, 59037 Lille Cedex, France
Cardiovasc Diabetol 2:1. 2003
..Finally, clinical studies are needed to determine whether improved metabolic control might favorably influence the outcome of diabetic heart failure patients...
- Von Willebrand factor as a biological sensor of blood flow to monitor percutaneous aortic valve interventions
Eric Van Belle
From the Department of Cardiology, Lille University Hospital, Lille, France E V B, A V, F J, C H, C B, N R, C D, G S, D D INSERM UMR 1011, Univ Lille 2, Institut Pasteur de Lille, EGID, Lille, France E V B, A R, A V, E J, F J, C B, N R, C C, A E, D C, A D, C Z, G C, B S, J G, B J, S S Department of Hematology, Tokyo
Circ Res 116:1193-201. 2015
- Alterations in neutrophil production and function at an early stage in the high-fructose rat model of metabolic syndrome
EA 2693, Univ Lille Nord de France, UDSL, Lille, France
Am J Hypertens 27:1096-104. 2014
..We hypothesized that neutrophil infiltration into adipose tissue (AT) may occur at an early stage of MetS, in association with modulation of major functions of neutrophils and of their bone marrow production...
- In vivo autologous recellularization of a tissue-engineered heart valve: are bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells the best candidates?
INSERM, ERI 9, Lille, France
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 134:424-32. 2007
..We thus analyzed the effects of in situ injection of autologous bone marrow mononuclear cells and of mesenchymal stem cells on the outcome of xenogenic decellularized scaffolds in a lamb model...
- EURObservational Research Programme: the Chronic Ischaemic Cardiovascular Disease Registry: Pilot phase (CICD-PILOT)
Department of Cardiology, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, University Pierre and Marie Curie and IHU ICAN, Paris, France
Eur Heart J 37:152-60. 2016
..The primary objective of the CICD-Pilot registry was to describe the clinical characteristics and management modalities across Europe in a broad spectrum of patients with CICD...
- A novel ELISA-based diagnosis of acquired von Willebrand disease with increased VWF proteolysis
Sophie Susen, Centre de Biologie Pathologie, Centre Hospitalier Regional, 59037 Lille Cedex, France, Tel 33 3 20 44 59 37, Fax 33 3 20 44 69 89, E mail
Thromb Haemost 115:950-9. 2016
..This assay represents a helpful alternative to electrophoresis-based assay in the diagnosis and management of AVWS with increased VWF-proteolysis. ..
- Catheter tip erosion due to Rotablator burr: An unusual complication
Hopital Cardiologique, Centre, Hospital Régional et Universitaire de Lille, Lille, France Faculté de Médecine de Lille, Lille, France Université de Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
Cardiovasc Revasc Med 17:344-5. 2016
..If judged essential to get strong support, the Amplatz catheter should be used with caution in this setting. ..
- Vascular and Microvascular Endothelial Function in Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction
Faculté Libre de Médecine, GCS Groupement des Hôpitaux de l Institut Catholique de Lille, Universite catholique de Lille, Universite Lille Nord de France, Lille, France
J Card Fail 22:3-11. 2016
..Assessment of vascular endothelial function lacks consistency, and microvascular endothelial function has been only partly assessed in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (HFpEF)...
- [Is there a role for calcium antagonists when beta-adrenergic blockade therapy is contraindicated in post-myocardial infarction?]
Pierre Vladimir Ennezat
Hopital Cardiologique, Lille, France
Therapie 61:191-4. 2006
..In contrast, adverse effects associated with the prescription of calcium antagonists are well known...
- Early mineralocorticoid receptor blockade in primary percutaneous coronary intervention for ST-elevation myocardial infarction is associated with a reduction of life-threatening ventricular arrhythmia
Cardiology Department, Pitie Salpetriere University Hospital, APHP, 75013 Paris, France INSERM U937, France
Int J Cardiol 167:73-9. 2013
..Aldosterone levels are high early after admission for ST elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) concomitantly with high risk of sudden death and life-threatening ventricular arrhythmia...
- Images in cardiovascular medicine. Coronary thrombosis and myocardial bridging
Service de Cardiologie C, Hopital Cardiologique, CHRU de Lille, France
Circulation 105:130. 2002
- Myocardial asynchronism is a determinant of changes in functional mitral regurgitation severity during dynamic exercise in patients with chronic heart failure due to severe left ventricular systolic dysfunction
Pierre V Ennezat
Cardiology Hospital, Lille, France
Eur Heart J 27:679-83. 2006
..The aim of this study was to evaluate the mechanisms of changes in MR severity during dynamic exercise in patients with chronic heart failure (CHF)...
- Outcomes following pacemaker implantation after transcatheter aortic valve implantation with CoreValve(®) devices: Results from the FRANCE 2 Registry
Cardiology Department, Hopital Henri Mondor, Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris and INSERM U 955, Creteil, France
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 86:E158-66. 2015
..Our study evaluated the incidences of PPM implantation following use of CoreValve(®) or CoreValve Accutrak(®) and the clinical outcome of these patients...
- Therapeutic angiogenesis with intramuscular NV1FGF improves amputation-free survival in patients with critical limb ischemia
Department of Cardiology and Angiology, Universitatsklinikum, Munster, Germany
Mol Ther 16:972-8. 2008
..In patients with CLI, plasmid-based NV1FGF gene transfer was well tolerated, and resulted in a significantly reduced risk of major amputation when compared with placebo...
- STEMI and NSTEMI: are they so different? 1 year outcomes in acute myocardial infarction as defined by the ESC/ACC definition (the OPERA registry)
Institut de Cardiologie and INSERM U856, Pitie Salpetriere University Hospital, AP HP, 47 Boulevard de l Hopital, Paris 75013, France
Eur Heart J 28:1409-17. 2007
..The aim of this study was to describe the management and outcomes using 'real-world' data taking the new definition of acute myocardial infarction into account...
- Dyslipidemia shifts the tissue factor/tissue factor pathway inhibitor balance toward increased thrombogenicity in atherosclerotic plaques: evidence for a corrective effect of statins
Institut National de la Recherche Médicale INSERM ERI 9, Universite de Lille 2, EA 2693, IFR 114, France
Atherosclerosis 195:e117-25. 2007
..High atherogenic lipoproteins are a well-known arterial risk factor, but their effects on the TF/TFPI balance in atherosclerotic plaques, as well as those of widely used lipid-lowering agents such as statins, are incompletely understood...
- Acute coronary syndromes associated with thrombus in the sinus of valsalva and normal coronary arteriography: the pivotal role of transesophageal echocardiography in the intensive care unit
Pmerre V Ennezat
Intensive Care Unit, Cardiology Hospital, Bd Pr J Leclercq, 59000 Lille, France
Mayo Clin Proc 81:399-402. 2006
..Coronary arterlography showed normal coronary arteries in each patient. In 3 patients, conservative medical therapy resulted in full recovery. Two patients had previously undergone aortic valve surgery...