Gene Symbol: c myc
Description: v-myc avian myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog
Alias: c-myc, myc proto-oncogene protein, v-myc myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog, v-myc myelocytomatosis viral oncogene-like protein
- The relationship between cell proliferation and the transcription of the nuclear oncogenes c-myc, c-myb and c-ets-1 during feather morphogenesis in the chick embryoX Desbiens
Laboratoire de Biologie du Developpement, Université des Sciences et Techniques de Lille Flandres Artois, Villeneuve, d Ascq, France
Development 111:699-713. 1991..We suggest that the differential expression of these nuclear oncogenes reflects the activation of different mitotic controlling pathways during the development of the skin...
- Viral mutations enhance the Max binding properties of the vMyc b-HLH-LZ domainD H Crouch
Biomedical Research Centre, University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, DD1 9SY, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 33:5235-42. 2005..We therefore propose that this virally derived mutation is functional by significantly contributing to establishing a more hydrophobic interface between the LZs of Myc and Max...
- The MYC, TERT, and ZIC1 genes are common targets of viral integration and transcriptional deregulation in avian leukosis virus subgroup J-induced myeloid leukosisYuhao Li
National and Regional Joint Engineering Laboratory for Medicament of Zoonoses Prevention and Control, South China Agricultural University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
J Virol 88:3182-91. 2014..Our findings contribute to the understanding of the relationship between multipathotypes associated with ALV-J infection and the molecular background of tumorigenesis...
- MYC proteins promote neuronal differentiation by controlling the mode of progenitor cell divisionNikolay Zinin
Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology MTC Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
EMBO Rep 15:383-91. 2014..These results reveal an unexpected role of MYC in the control of stemness versus differentiation of neural stem cells in vivo. ..
- Marek's disease virus-encoded analog of microRNA-155 activates the oncogene c-Myc by targeting LTBP1 and suppressing the TGF-β signaling pathwayJia Qi Chi
College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Jilin University, Changchun 130062, People s Republic of China Key Laboratory of Animal Immunology of the Ministry of Agriculture, Henan Provincial Key Laboratory of Animal Immunology, Henan Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Zhengzhou 450002, People s Republic of China College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Henan Agricultural University, Zhengzhou 450002, People s Republic of China
Virology 476:72-84. 2015..Our findings reveal a novel and important mechanism of how mdv1-miR-M4-5p potentially contributes to MDV-induced tumorigenesis...
- Myc oncoproteins are phosphorylated by casein kinase IIB Luscher
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98104
EMBO J 8:1111-9. 1989..Since CK-II can be rapidly activated after mitogen treatment we postulate that CK-II mediated phosphorylation of Myc plays a role in signal transduction to the nucleus...
- Pdcd4 directly binds the coding region of c-myb mRNA and suppresses its translationP Singh
Institute for Biochemistry, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Munster, Germany
Oncogene 30:4864-73. 2011....
- Contrasting patterns of c-myc and N-myc expression in proliferating, quiescent, and differentiating cells of the embryonic chicken lensL L Harris
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, N I H Research Scholars Program, Bethesda, Maryland 20814
Development 115:813-20. 1992....
- Absence of missense mutations in activated c-myc genes in avian leukosis virus-induced B-cell lymphomasM Hahn
Graduate Program in Molecular Biology, Sloan Kettering Institute for Cancer Research, New York, New York
Mol Cell Biol 8:2659-63. 1988....
- Transcription of three c-myc exons is enhanced in chicken bursal lymphoma cell linesM Linial
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 82:53-7. 1985..The pattern of c-myc transcription observed by others in a vast majority of avian leukosis virus-induced neoplasms is not observed in any of the five cell lines examined...
- Nucleotide sequence 5' of the chicken c-myc coding region: localization of a noncoding exon that is absent from myc transcripts in most avian leukosis virus-induced lymphomasC K Shih
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 81:4697-701. 1984..Sequences from the upstream noncoding exon were absent from the myc transcripts in these lymphomas; RNA transcripts from the normal c-myc allele were not expressed at detectable levels...
- Nucleotide sequence analysis of the chicken c-myc gene reveals homologous and unique coding regions by comparison with the transforming gene of avian myelocytomatosis virus MC29, delta gag-mycD K Watson
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 80:2146-50. 1983..The hybrid onc gene of MC29 must have been generated from the c-myc gene by deletion of the 5' cellular coding sequence, followed by substitution with the 5' region of the viral gag gene...
- The viral envelope is a major determinant for the induction of lymphoid and myeloid tumours by avian leukosis virus subgroups A and J, respectivelyP M Chesters
Viral Oncogenesis Group, Institute for Animal Health, Compton, Berkshire RG20 7NN, UK
J Gen Virol 83:2553-61. 2002..Induction of both LL and ML by the two chimeric viruses occurred through the activation of c-myc, while the EB tumours were induced by activation of the c-erbB oncogene...
- Involvement of the oncoprotein c-Myc in viral telomerase RNA gene regulation during Marek's disease virus-induced lymphomagenesisMarina Shkreli
Equipe Télomérase et Lymphome Viro Induit, Centre INRA de Tours, Unité IASP 213, 37380 Nouzilly, France
J Virol 81:4848-57. 2007..Finally, an Ets binding site was specifically implicated in the transcriptional regulation of vTR in the MDV-transformed lymphoblastoid cell line MSB-1...