Gene Symbol: EGFR
Description: epidermal growth factor receptor
Alias: c-erbB, CER, epidermal growth factor receptor (erythroblastic leukemia viral (v-erb-b) oncogene homolog, avian)
- EGFR signaling is required for regenerative proliferation in the cochlea: conservation in birds and mammalsPatricia M White
Division of Cell Biology and Genetics, House Research Institute, 2100 W 3rd St, Los Angeles, CA 90057, USA
Dev Biol 363:191-200. 2012..Here we show that in a subset of supporting cells marked by p75, EGFR signaling is required for proliferation, and this requirement is conserved between birds and mammals...
- DNA methylation down-regulates EGFR expression in chickensJuan Luo
Department of Animal and Avian Sciences, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
Avian Dis 57:366-71. 2013The epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), a growth-factor-receptor tyrosine kinase, is up-regulated in numerous tumors, which provides a good target for cancer therapy...
- An alternatively processed mRNA from the avian c-erbB gene encodes a soluble, truncated form of the receptor that can block ligand-dependent transformationT W Flickinger
Department of Molecular Biology and Microbiology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106
Mol Cell Biol 12:883-93. 1992..These data suggest that the secreted, truncated receptor encoded by the 2.6-kb c-erbB transcript can bind to TGF alpha and may play an important growth-regulatory function in vitro...
- c-erbB activation in ALV-induced erythroblastosis: novel RNA processing and promoter insertion result in expression of an amino-truncated EGF receptorT W Nilsen
Cell 41:719-26. 1985..These results establish a novel pathway of promoter insertion oncogenesis that stands in contrast to the pathways used in the activation of c-myc in B lymphomas...
- c-erbB activation in avian leukosis virus-induced erythroblastosis: multiple epidermal growth factor receptor mRNAs are generated by alternative RNA processingR G Goodwin
Mol Cell Biol 6:3128-33. 1986..Finally, blot hybridization evidence suggests that the two size classes of activated c-erbB mRNA in erythroblastic tissue represent truncated versions of the two c-erbB mRNAs present in normal tissue...
- Chicken epidermal growth factor (EGF) receptor: cDNA cloning, expression in mouse cells, and differential binding of EGF and transforming growth factor alphaI Lax
Rorer Central Research, King of Prussia, Pennsylvania 19406
Mol Cell Biol 8:1970-8. 1988..The differential binding and potency of mammalian EGF and TGF-alpha by the avian EGF receptor contrasts with the similar affinities of the mammalian receptor for the two growth factors...
- The viral envelope is a major determinant for the induction of lymphoid and myeloid tumours by avian leukosis virus subgroups A and J, respectivelyP M Chesters
Viral Oncogenesis Group, Institute for Animal Health, Compton, Berkshire RG20 7NN, UK
J Gen Virol 83:2553-61. 2002..Induction of both LL and ML by the two chimeric viruses occurred through the activation of c-myc, while the EB tumours were induced by activation of the c-erbB oncogene...
- Studies on epidermal growth factor receptor signaling in vertebrate limb patterningMinoru Omi
Center for Limb and Skeletal Development, Department of BioStructure and Function, School of Dental Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut 06030, USA
Dev Dyn 233:288-300. 2005The epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) regulates multiple patterning events in Drosophila limb development, but its role in vertebrate limb morphogenesis has received little attention...
- Interleukin-6 promotes 2-deoxyglucose uptake through p44/42 MAPKs activation via Ca2+/PKC and EGF receptor in primary cultured chicken hepatocytesHan Na Suh
Department of Veterinary Physiology, Biotherapy Human Resources Center BK21, College of Veterinary Medicine, Chonnam National University, Gwangju, South Korea
J Cell Physiol 218:643-52. 2009..In addition, IL-6 increased EGFR/src/FAK, PI3K/Akt phosphorylation and 2-DG uptake as well as GLUT-2 protein expression, which were blocked by AG ..