Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IL2
Description: interleukin 2
Alias: IL-2, interleukin-2
- Effects of zearalenone on IL-2, IL-6, and IFN-γ mRNA levels in the splenic lymphocytes of chickensY C Wang
College of Veterinary Medicine, Sichuan Agricultural University, Yaan, Sichuan 625014, China
ScientificWorldJournal 2012:567327. 2012..05). These data suggest that ZEN has potent effects on the expression of chicken splenic lymphocytes cytokines at the mRNA level...
- A cloned chicken lymphokine homologous to both mammalian IL-2 and IL-15R S Sundick
Department of Immunology and Microbiology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
J Immunol 159:720-5. 1997..It has one characteristic that is unique to IL-15: four conserved cysteines allowing for two intrachain disulfide bonds...
- Promoter sequence, exon:intron structure, and synteny of genetic location show that a chicken cytokine with T-cell proliferative activity is IL2 and not IL15P Kaiser
Institute for Animal Health, Compton, Berkshire RG20 7NN, UK
Immunogenetics 49:26-35. 1999..The results show that this cytokine is chicken IL2 and not IL15...
- Molecular and functional characterization of chicken IL-15K D Choi
Immunology and Disease Resistance Laboratory, Livestock and Poultry Sciences Institute, USDA, Beltsville, MD 20705, USA
Dev Comp Immunol 23:165-77. 1999..Continuous culture of spleen Con A lymphoblasts with chicken IL-15 over two months resulted in an enriched T lymphocyte population expressing the gammadeltaTCR, CD8alpha, and CD3 cell surface antigens...
- Genetic variation among chicken lines and mammalian species in specific genesH Zhou
Department of Animal Science, Iowa State University, Ames 50011 3150, USA
Poult Sci 80:284-8. 2001..The following genes were selected as candidates for immune response or transcription activation: B2M, DAD1, IAP1, IL2, IREB1, LAP18, MAFL, POU1F1, RREB1, TAD, TBP1, TCRG, and ZOV3...
- Identification of the functional interleukin-2 binding domain of the chicken common cytokine receptor gamma chainJianyou Gu
Key Laboratory of Animal Epidemic Etiology and Immunological Prevention of Ministry of Agriculture, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, PR China
Dev Comp Immunol 34:258-63. 2010..The functional domain of chCD132 that binds to chicken interleukin 2, Q(84)E(94)L(95)Q(96)N(97)L(98), was found through phage display and peptide-competitive ELISA, and its ..
- Identification of functional domains of chicken interleukin 2Jianyou Gu
Key Laboratory of Animal Epidemic Etiology and Immunological Prevention of Ministry of Agriculture, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, PR China
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 134:230-8. 2010b>Interleukin 2 (IL-2) is an essential cytokine that plays a pivotal role in the replication, maturation and differentiation of lymphocytes...
- Abundance of IFN-α and IFN-γ gene transcripts and absence of IL-2 transcripts in the blood of chickens vaccinated with live or inactivated NDVMirta Balenović
Poultry Centre, Croatian Veterinary Institut, Zagreb, Croatia
Acta Vet Hung 59:141-8. 2011..The results show that cells stimulated to produce IFN-α and IFN-γ enter the circulating blood but those stimulated to produce IL-2 do not, or in very low number, and the IFN responses to both vaccines are the same...