Gene Symbol: interferon
Alias: IFN-alpha, IFN-gamma, IFNA, IFNA1, IFNA2, IFNA6, interferon type A1/A2, IFN alpha, interferon alpha, interferon type A3
- Alpha-interferon suppresses hepadnavirus transcription by altering epigenetic modification of cccDNA minichromosomesFei Liu
Drexel Institute for Biotechnology and Virology Research, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Drexel University College of Medicine, Doylestown, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 9:e1003613. 2013..Moreover, IFN-α treatment also induced a delayed response that appeared to accelerate the decay of cccDNA. Our studies have thus shed light on the molecular mechanism by which IFN-α noncytolytically controls hepadnavirus infection. ..
- Genetic screen of a library of chimeric poxviruses identifies an ankyrin repeat protein involved in resistance to the avian type I interferon responseKaren Buttigieg
Section of Virology, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, St Mary s Campus, London, United Kingdom
J Virol 87:5028-40. 2013Viruses must be able to resist host innate responses, especially the type I interferon (IFN) response. They do so by preventing the induction or activity of IFN and/or by resisting the antiviral effectors that it induces...
- Chicken interferon gene: cloning, expression, and analysisM J Sekellick
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Connecticut, Storrs 06269 3044
J Interferon Res 14:71-9. 1994A gene encoding chicken interferon (ChIFN) was cloned from a cDNA library made from primary chick embryo cells that had been "aged" in vitro so as to produce copious amounts of IFN upon induction...
- A family of genes coding for two serologically distinct chicken interferonsC Sick
Abteilung Virologie, Institut fur Medizinische Mikrobiologie und Hygiene, University of Freiburg, Federal Republic of Germany
J Biol Chem 271:7635-9. 1996Southern blot analysis and screening of a genomic lambda phage library with the previously cloned chicken interferon (IFN) cDNA indicated that the chicken genome contains at least 10 IFN genes...
- The interferon-alpha genes from three chicken lines and its effects on H9N2 influenza virusesC Xia
The 211 Key Laboratory of Veterinary Molecular Biology, College of Animal Medicine, China Agricultural University, Beijing, China
Anim Biotechnol 15:77-88. 2004The interferon-alpha genes from three chicken lines were cloned by a direct PCR technique, and the effects of recombinant protein expressed in a prokaryotic system on highly pathogenic H9N2 influenza viruses were investigated...
- Abundance of IFN-α and IFN-γ gene transcripts and absence of IL-2 transcripts in the blood of chickens vaccinated with live or inactivated NDVMirta Balenović
Poultry Centre, Croatian Veterinary Institut, Zagreb, Croatia
Acta Vet Hung 59:141-8. 2011..The results show that cells stimulated to produce IFN-α and IFN-γ enter the circulating blood but those stimulated to produce IL-2 do not, or in very low number, and the IFN responses to both vaccines are the same...
- Mx is dispensable for interferon-mediated resistance of chicken cells against influenza A virusBenjamin Schusser
Department of Veterinary Science, University Munich, Germany
J Virol 85:8307-15. 2011The type I interferon (IFN) system plays an important role in antiviral defense against influenza A viruses (FLUAV), which are natural chicken pathogens...