Gene Symbol: MX1
Description: myxovirus (influenza virus) resistance 1, interferon-inducible protein p78 (mouse)
Alias: interferon-induced GTP-binding protein Mx, dynamin family GTP-binding, interferon-inducible Mx protein, myxocirus-resistance protein, myxovirus resistance protein 1, myxovirus resistence, myxovirus-resistance protein
- The interferon-induced Mx protein of chickens lacks antiviral activityD Bernasconi
Institut für Mikrobiologie und Hygiene, Abteilung Virologie, University of Freiburg, Germany
J Interferon Cytokine Res 15:47-53. 1995..Thus, chick Mx joins the list of Mx proteins without recognized antiviral activity, supporting the concept that Mx proteins serve unrelated functions...
- Asparagine 631 variants of the chicken Mx protein do not inhibit influenza virus replication in primary chicken embryo fibroblasts or in vitro surrogate assaysCamilla T O Benfield
Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge, Madingley Road, Cambridge CB3 OES, United Kingdom
J Virol 82:7533-9. 2008..systems (A/PR/8/34 and A/Turkey/England/50-92/91 [H5N1]), which were highly sensitive to inhibition by the murine Mx1 and human MxA proteins, respectively, Shamo chicken Mx also proved ineffective in the context of avian as well as ..
- [Ectopic expression of duck albumin down-regulates the expressions of IFN-β and myxovirus resistance 1 mRNA in DF-1 cells]Yiyu Tong
Animal Science and Technology College, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou 225009, China
Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi 30:917-20. 2014To investigate the impact of duck albumin (ALB) gene on the mRNA expression levels of interferon β (IFN-β) and myxovirus resistance-1 (Mx1).
- Pathogenicity of Genetically Similar, H5N1 Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza Virus Strains in Chicken and the Differences in Sensitivity among Different Chicken BreedsAya Matsuu
Thailand Japan Zoonotic Diseases Collaborating Center ZDCC, Kasetlang, Chatuchak, Bangkok, Thailand
PLoS ONE 11:e0153649. 2016..Although polymorphisms were observed in the Mx and MHC class I genes, there was no significant association between the polymorphisms in these loci and resistance to HPAIV. ..
- Associations of chicken Mx1 polymorphism with antiviral responses in avian influenza virus infected embryos and broilersY Wang
Department of Animal Science, University of California, Davis 951616, USA
Poult Sci 91:3019-24. 2012..In this study, the embryos and young chicks were generated from the cross of Mx1 heterozygous (S631N) parents with an expected segregating ratio of 1:2:1 in the progeny...
- Both antiviral activity and intracellular localization of chicken Mx protein depend on a polymorphism at amino acid position 631Keisuke Sasaki
Graduate School of Agriculture, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 8589, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 430:161-6. 2013..These results demonstrated that a single amino acid polymorphism at 631 aa of the chicken Mx protein altered both the antiviral activity and intracellular localization...
- The chicken Mx promoter contains an ISRE motif and confers interferon inducibility to a reporter gene in chick and monkey cellsB Schumacher
Institut für Mikrobiologie und Hygiene, University of Freiburg, Germany
Virology 203:144-8. 1994..The exon/intron structure of the chicken Mx gene resembles that of the mouse Mx1 gene: exon 1 is very small, the first intron contains a noncoding exon 1' that is alternatively spliced in ..
- Skewed allele frequencies of an Mx gene mutation with potential resistance to avian influenza virus in different chicken populationsX Y Li
Department of Animal Genetics and Breeding, College of Animal Science and Technology, China Agricultural University, Beijing
Poult Sci 85:1327-9. 2006..The results suggested that further studies are needed with regard to the genetic resistance to avian influenza in different populations with various domestication background and selection history...
- Interferon alpha-induced inhibition of infectious bursal disease virus in chicken embryo fibroblast cultures differing in Mx genotypeAnn Marie O'Neill
Department of Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Auburn University, Auburn, AL 36849, USA
Avian Dis 54:802-6. 2010..Furthermore, the reduction in viral yield did not differ significantly among Mx genotypes, indicating that Mx Asn631 is not a pivotal determinant of resistance to this strain of IBDV in CEF...
- The cytoplasmic location of chicken mx is not the determining factor for its lack of antiviral activityCamilla T O Benfield
Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 5:e12151. 2010..We also report the consequences of re-locating chicken Mx to the nucleus...
- Association of Mx1 Asn631 variant alleles with reductions in morbidity, early mortality, viral shedding, and cytokine responses in chickens infected with a highly pathogenic avian influenza virusSandra J Ewald
Department of Pathobiology, Auburn University, 166 Greene Hall, Auburn, AL 36849 5519, USA
Immunogenetics 63:363-75. 2011..According to an early report, chicken Mx1 variants encoding Asn at position 631 have antiviral activity, whereas variants with Ser at 631 lack activity in ..
- Mx is dispensable for interferon-mediated resistance of chicken cells against influenza A virusBenjamin Schusser
Department of Veterinary Science, University Munich, Germany
J Virol 85:8307-15. 2011..Studies of mice identified the Mx1 protein as a key effector molecule of the IFN-induced antiviral state against FLUAV...