Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: MYB
Description: v-myb avian myeloblastosis viral oncogene homolog
Alias: c-myb, c-myb proto-oncogene, myb proto-oncogene protein, proto-oncogene c-Myb, transcriptional activator Myb, v-myb myeloblastosis viral oncogene homolog
- Pax7 is regulated by cMyb during early neural crest development through a novel enhancerStephanie Vadasz
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520 8103, USA
Development 140:3691-702. 2013..Further analysis demonstrates that cMyb is able to interact with this enhancer and modulates reporter and endogenous early Pax7 expression; thus, cMyb is identified as a novel regulator of Pax7 in early NC development. ..
- p53 suppresses the c-Myb-induced activation of heat shock transcription factor 3J Tanikawa
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, RIKEN Tsukuba Life Sciences Center, Japan Science and Technology, 3 1 1 Koyadai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0074, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:15578-85. 2000..HSF3 is specifically activated in unstressed proliferating cells by direct binding to the c-myb proto-oncogene product (c-Myb), which plays an important role in cellular proliferation...
- Point mutations in v-Myb disrupt a cyclophilin-catalyzed negative regulatory mechanismJ D Leverson
Northwestern University, Department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and Cell Biology, Evanston, Illinois 60208 3500, USA
Mol Cell 1:203-11. 1998The c-Myb protein is controlled by intramolecular interactions, and point mutations can enhance its oncogenic activity...
- Myb proteins inhibit fibroblast transformation by v-RelShu Ling Fu
Departments of Pathology and Genetics, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Drive, Stanford, CA 94305 5324, USA
Mol Cancer 5:54. 2006..In this report, we demonstrate that both the v-myb retroviral oncogene, which causes leukemic transformation of hematopoietic cells, and the c-myb proto-oncogene can ..
- Transcription factor c-Myb is involved in the regulation of the epithelial-mesenchymal transition in the avian neural crestV Karafiat
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, 166 37 Prague, Czech Republic
Cell Mol Life Sci 62:2516-25. 2005..We show for the first time that the key hematopoietic factor c-Myb is synthesized in early chick embryos including the neural tissue and participates in the regulation of the trunk ..
- The promoter regions of the Myb-regulated Adora2B and Mcm4 genes co-localize with origins of DNA replicationHolger Gundelach
Institute for Biochemistry, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Wilhelm Klemm Str, 2, D 48149 Munster, Germany
BMC Mol Biol 8:75. 2007The retroviral oncogene v-myb encodes a transcription factor (v-Myb) which is responsible for the transformation of myelomonocytic cells by avian myeloblastosis virus (AMV)...
- Differential sensitivity of v-Myb and c-Myb to Wnt-1-induced protein degradationChie Kanei-Ishii
Laboratory of Molecular Genetics, RIKEN Tsukuba Institute, 3 1 1 Koyadai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 0074, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:44582-9. 2004Recently we have shown that the c-myb proto-oncogene product (c-Myb) is degraded in response to Wnt-1 signaling via the pathway involving TAK1 (transforming growth factor-beta-activated kinase), HIPK2 (homeodomain-interacting protein ..
- Positive and negative determinants of target gene specificity in myb transcription factorsWanli Lei
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131 0001, USA
J Biol Chem 279:29519-27. 2004The A-Myb and c-Myb transcription factors share a highly conserved DNA-binding domain and activate the same promoters in reporter gene assays...
- C/EBPbeta induces chromatin opening at a cell-type-specific enhancerAnnette Plachetka
Institut fur Biochemie, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Wilhelm Klemm Str 2, D 48149 Munster, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 28:2102-12. 2008..restricted to the myelomonocytic lineage of the hematopoietic system where it is regulated synergistically by the Myb and CCAAT/enhancer binding protein (C/EBP) factors...
- c-Myb and p300 regulate hematopoietic stem cell proliferation and differentiationMark L Sandberg
Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Dev Cell 8:153-66. 2005..a mouse line that harbors a point mutation in the transactivation (TA) domain of the transcription factor c-Myb (M303V), which reduces c-Myb-dependent TA by disrupting its interaction with the transcriptional coactivator p300...
- Alternative splicing of the chicken c-myb exon 9AE R Schuur
Department of Microbiology, USC School of Medicine, Los Angeles 90033
Oncogene 8:1839-47. 1993The c-myb gene products are thought to be regulators of cellular replication and of differentiation and heterogeneity may underlie their multiple functions...
- Nucleotide sequence of the retroviral leukemia gene v-myb and its cellular progenitor c-myb: the architecture of a transduced oncogeneK H Klempnauer
Cell 31:453-63. 1982The oncogene (v-myb) of avian myeloblastosis virus and a large portion of its cellular homolog (c-myb) have been molecularly cloned and sequenced. The portion of c-myb we analyzed contains seven interspersed segments (or exons)...
- Protein truncation is required for the activation of the c-myb proto-oncogeneF A Grasser
Institut fur Medizinische Mikrobiologie und Hygiene, Abteilung Virologie, Universitatskliniken des Saarlandes, Homburg, Germany
Mol Cell Biol 11:3987-96. 1991The protein product of the v-myb oncogene of avian myeloblastosis virus, v-Myb, differs from its normal cellular counterpart, c-Myb, by (i) expression under the control of a strong viral long terminal repeat, (ii) truncation of both its ..
- Chromosomal reallocation of the chicken c-myb locus and organization of 3'-proximal coding exonsJ Soret
Laboratoire d Oncologie Virale et Moléculaire, Centre Universitaire, Orsay, France
FEBS Lett 263:254-60. 1990In the course of our studies concerning the tissue-specific expression of the c-myb proto-oncogene, we have established the nucleotide sequence of the chicken c-myb 3'-proximal coding exons...
- Organization of 5'-proximal c-myb exons in chicken DNA. Implications for c-myb tissue-specific transcriptionJ Soret
Institut Curie, Centre Universitaire, Orsay, France
FEBS Lett 232:227-34. 1988The organization of 5'-proximal c-myb exons in chicken DNA has been established by restriction enzyme mapping and nucleotide sequencing...
- Transcription of the chicken myb proto-oncogene starts within a CpG islandM Dvorak
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences, Prague
Nucleic Acids Res 17:5651-64. 1989The nucleotide sequence of an 8.2-kb DNA fragment from the 5' proximal part of the chicken myb proto-oncogene spanning 1761 nucleotides upstream and 6436 nucleotides downstream from a presumed c-myb initiation codon was determined. A 3...
- Structural organization of upstream exons and distribution of transcription start sites in the chicken c-myb geneS L Hahn
Graduate Program in Molecular Biology, Sloan Kettering Institute for Cancer Research, New York, New York
Mol Cell Biol 9:837-43. 1989We mapped and sequenced three upstream exons of the chicken c-myb gene and the regions flanking the first coding exon...
- Structure of the protein encoded by the chicken proto-oncogene c-mybS Gerondakis
Mol Cell Biol 6:3677-84. 1986The retroviral oncogene v-myb arose by transduction of the chicken proto-oncogene c-myb. We isolated and sequenced cDNA that represents the entire coding domain of chicken c-myb...
- Nucleotide sequence of chicken myb proto-oncogene promoter region: detection of an evolutionarily conserved elementP Urbanek
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences, Prague
Nucleic Acids Res 16:11521-30. 1988The nucleotide sequence of the chicken myb proto-oncogene putative promoter region was determined and compared with the corresponding sequence of the mouse c-myb gene (1)...
- Nucleotide sequence of chicken c-myb complementary DNA and implications for myb oncogene activationD Rosson
Nature 319:604-6. 1986..The latter sequences, termed v-myb, are responsible for the oncogenic properties of the virus...
- Proposed structure for the DNA-binding domain of the Myb oncoprotein based on model building and mutational analysisJ Frampton
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Heidelberg, Germany
Protein Eng 4:891-901. 1991b>Myb-related proteins from plants to humans are characterized by a DNA-binding domain which contains two to three imperfect repeats of approximately 50 amino acids each...