Gene Symbol: BOLA-DQA1
Description: major histocompatibility complex, class II, DQ alpha, type 1
Alias: BoLA-DQA, major histocompatibility complex, class II, DQ alpha, type 1, MHC class II antigen
- Cattle cDNA clone encoding a new allele of the MHC class II DQA1 geneY Nishino
Laboratory of Gene Technology and Safety, Tsukuba Life Science Center, Institute of Physical and Chemical Research RIKEN, Ibaraki, Japan
Immunogenetics 42:306-7. 1995
- Sequencing and genetic analysis of a bovine DQA cDNA cloneA Xu
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana 61801
Immunogenetics 37:231-4. 1993
- Characterization of cattle cDNA sequences from two DQA lociG C Russell
Roslin Institute, Roslin, Midlothian EH25 9PS, United Kingdom
Immunogenetics 45:455-8. 1997
- Intrahaplotype and interhaplotype pairing of bovine leukocyte antigen DQA and DQB molecules generate functional DQ molecules important for priming CD4(+) T-lymphocyte responsesJunzo Norimine
Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Pathology, Washington State University, Pullman, WA 99164 7040, USA
Immunogenetics 57:750-62. 2005..Functional BoLA-DQ molecules are generated by both intrahaplotype and interhaplotype pairing of A and B chains and play a similar role to BoLA-DR in priming helper T-cell responses to important pathogens...
- Establishment of a sequence-based typing system for BoLA-DQA1 exon 2S Takeshima
Retrovirus Research Unit, RIKEN, Saitama, Japan
Tissue Antigens 69:189-99. 2007..Together with the previously developed method for typing BoLA-DRB3, the PCR-SBT for BoLA-DQA1 clearly provides a useful tool for detailed class IIa haplotype analysis...
- Evidence for cattle major histocompatibility complex (BoLA) class II DQA1 gene heterozygote advantage against clinical mastitis caused by Streptococci and Escherichia speciesS Takeshima
Viral Infectious Diseases Unit, RIKEN, Saitama, Japan
Tissue Antigens 72:525-31. 2008..This is the first report showing that heterozygosity of the BoLA-DQA1 gene is associated with resistance to mastitis progression...
- Association of BoLA DRB3 and DQA1 alleles with susceptibility to Neospora caninum and reproductive outcome in Quebec Holstein cattleAnne E Schwab
Departement des Sciences Cliniques, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal, St Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada
Vet Parasitol 165:136-40. 2009..caninum. However, an association of allele DRB3*1001 and allele DRB3*2703 with resistance and susceptibility to pregnancy loss, irrespective of infection status, was identified...