Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TLR2
Description: toll like receptor 2
Alias: toll-like receptor 2, Toll-like-receptor, exon 1b, Toll-like-receptor, exon 1b_, Toll-like-receptor2, exon 1a, toll-like-receptor 2, exon 1a_
- Mastitis increases mammary mRNA abundance of beta-defensin 5, toll-like-receptor 2 (TLR2), and TLR4 but not TLR9 in cattleT Goldammer
Molecular Biology Research Division, Research Institute for the Biology of Farm Animals, 18196 Dummerstorf, Germany
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 11:174-85. 2004..information was used to establish real-time PCR quantification assays to measure the mRNA abundances of TLR9, TLR2, and TLR4 together with those of beta-defensin 5 (BNBD5), an early bactericidal effector molecule of the innate ..
- Identification and expression of Toll-like receptors 1-10 in selected bovine and ovine tissuesMoira Menzies
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Queensland Bioscience Precinct, 306 Carmody Road, St Lucia, QLD 4067, Australia
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 109:23-30. 2006..In bovine skin TLRs 2 and 7 were most abundant. In all tissues tested TLR4 expression was at the lower limit of detection...
- Bovine TLR2 and TLR4 properly transduce signals from Staphylococcus aureus and E. coli, but S. aureus fails to both activate NF-kappaB in mammary epithelial cells and to quickly induce TNFalpha and interleukin-8 (CXCL8) expression in the udderWei Yang
Research Institute for the Biology of Farm Animals FBN, Wilhelm Stahl Allee 2, 18196 Dummerstorf, Germany
Mol Immunol 45:1385-97. 2008..We examined here, if inadequate activation of the bovine TLR2 and TLR4 pathogen receptors by ligands derived from S...
- Radiation hybrid mapping of all 10 characterized bovine Toll-like receptorsK McGuire
Division of Genetics and Genomics, Roslin Institute, Roslin, Midlothian, Edinburgh EH25 9PS, UK
Anim Genet 37:47-50. 2006..b>TLR2, TLR3, TLR4, TLR5 and TLR9 map to BTA17, BTA27, BTA8, BTA16 and BTA22 respectively...
- Changes in endometrial transcription of TLR2, TLR4, and CD14 during the first-week postpartum in dairy cows with retained placentaTelma M Martins
Departamento de Clinica e Cirurgia Veterinarias, Escola de Veterinaria, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Theriogenology 85:1282-8. 2016..Transcription levels of TLR2, TLR4, and CD14 in Holstein cows with retained placenta significantly decreased (P < 0...
- Mycoplasma bovis-derived lipid-associated membrane proteins activate IL-1β production through the NF-κB pathway via toll-like receptor 2 and MyD88Yang Wang
National Contagious Bovine Pleuropneumonia Reference Laboratory, Division of Bacterial Diseases, State Key Laboratory of Veterinary Biotechnology, Harbin Veterinary Research Institute, CAAS, Harbin, 150001, China Key Laboratory of Fermentation Engineering Ministry of Education, Hubei Provincial Cooperative Innovation Center of Industrial Fermentation, College of Bioengineering, Hubei University of Technology, Wuhan, 430068, China
Dev Comp Immunol 55:111-8. 2016..bovis-derived LAMPs. An NF-κB inhibitor reversed M. bovis-derived LAMP-induced IL-1β expression. TLR2 and myeloid differentiation primary response gene 88 (MyD88) overexpression increased LAMP-dependent IL-1β ..
- Three promoters with different tissue specificity and pathogen inducibility express the toll-like-receptor 2 (TLR2)-encoding gene in cattleGuangjun Chang
College of Veterinary Medicine, Nanjing Agricultural University, Nanjing, PR China Leibniz Institute for Farm Animal Biology, Institute for Genome Biology, Dummerstorf, Germany
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 167:57-63. 2015Toll-like-receptor 2 (TLR2) is a dominant receptor for perceiving presence of bacterial pathogens. The promoter controlling its tissue specific and infection induced expression in cattle was unknown...
- Bovine TLR2 and TLR4 mediate Cryptosporidium parvum recognition in bovine intestinal epithelial cellsZhengtao Yang
College of Basic Medical Sciences, Jilin University, Xinming Road, Changchun 130021, PR China College of Veterinary Medicine, Jilin University, 5333, Xian Road, Changchun 130062, PR China
Microb Pathog 85:29-34. 2015..The results showed that bovine intestinal epithelial cells expressed all known TLRs. The expression of TLR2 and TLR4 were up-regulated when bovine intestinal epithelial cells were treated with C. parvum. Meanwhile, C...
- Formation of NET, phagocytic activity, surface architecture, apoptosis and expression of toll like receptors 2 and 4 (TLR2 and TLR4) in neutrophils of mastitic cowsDilip K Swain
Lactation and Immuno Physiology Laboratory, National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal, Haryana, 132 001, India
Vet Res Commun 38:209-19. 2014..The study indicated a positive correlation between lower neutrophil apoptosis and higher expression of TLR2 and TLR4 with the formation of NETs and change in surface architecture...
- Epithelial and stromal cells of bovine endometrium have roles in innate immunity and initiate inflammatory responses to bacterial lipopeptides in vitro via Toll-like receptors TLR2, TLR1, and TLR6Matthew L Turner
Institute of Life Science, School of Medicine, Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea SA2 8PP, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 155:1453-65. 2014..are commonly found among bacteria and are detected by the Toll-like receptor (TLR) cell surface receptor TLR2 on immune cells...
- Identification of full length bovine TLR1 and functional characterization of lipopeptide recognition by bovine TLR2/1 heterodimerKatja Farhat
Department of Immunology and Cell Biology, Research Center Borstel, Parkallee 22, 23845 Borstel, Germany
Vet Res 41:34. 2010..Toll-like receptor 2 (TLR2) recognizes bacterial lipopeptides in a heterodimeric complex with TLR6 or TLR1, thereby discriminating between di- ..
- Analysis of sequence variability and protein domain architectures for bovine peptidoglycan recognition protein 1 and Toll-like receptors 2 and 6C M Seabury
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 4467, USA
Genomics 92:235-45. 2008..to characterize single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) and insertion-deletion polymorphisms (indels) within bovine TLR2, TLR6, and PGLYRP1, thereby facilitating future TLR signaling, association, and PGLYRP1 microbicidal assays ..
- Pathogen-associated molecular patterns initiate inflammation and perturb the endocrine function of bovine granulosa cells from ovarian dominant follicles via TLR2 and TLR4 pathwaysJennifer C Price
Institute of Life Science, School of Medicine, Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea, SA2 8PP, United Kingdom
Endocrinology 154:3377-86. 2013..Cells of the innate immune system use Toll-like receptors TLR2, TLR4, and TLR5 to recognize pathogen-associated molecular patterns (PAMPs) expressed by bacteria, leading to ..
- Variation of bacterial communities and expression of Toll-like receptor genes in the rumen of steers differing in susceptibility to subacute ruminal acidosisYanhong Chen
Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Vet Microbiol 159:451-9. 2012..59, P=0.04), and negatively correlated with total VFA concentration (r=-0.59, P=0.05). The expressions of host TLR2 and 4 genes were significantly higher in AR steers compared to those in AS steers...
- Toll-like receptor 2 gene polymorphism and its relationship with SCS in dairy cattleL P Zhang
Institute of Animal Science, Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing, P R China
Anim Biotechnol 20:87-95. 2009Toll-like receptor 2 (TLR2) plays an important role in the innate immune response to a variety of pathogens. In this study, bovine TLR2 gene was taken as a candidate gene for mastitis resistance...
- Susceptibility to paratuberculosis infection in cattle is associated with single nucleotide polymorphisms in Toll-like receptor 2 which modulate immune responses against Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosisA Koets
Department of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Immunology Division, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Prev Vet Med 93:305-15. 2010..To study the role of host genetics in disease susceptibility, the Toll-like receptor 2 (TLR2) gene, selected based on its potential role in immunity to mycobacterial infections, was analyzed for single ..
- Greater expression of TLR2, TLR4, and IL6 due to negative energy balance is associated with lower expression of HLA-DRA and HLA-A in bovine blood neutrophils after intramammary mastitis challenge with Streptococcus uberisKasey M Moyes
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana, 61801, USA
Funct Integr Genomics 10:53-61. 2010..Upregulated genes by NEB were ALOX5AP, CPNE3, IL1R2, IL6, TLR2, TLR4, and THY1, and downregulated genes were HLA-DRA, HLA-A, IRAK1, SOD1, and TNF...
- Toll-like receptors TLR1, TLR2 and TLR4 gene mutations and natural resistance to Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis infection in cattleR Mucha
Laboratory of Biomedical Microbiology and Immunology, University of Veterinary Medicine, Kosice, Slovakia
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 128:381-8. 2009..A search was performed for novel mutations in bovine TLR1, TLR2 and TLR4 genes associated with the Mycobacterium avium subsp. paratuberculosis (MAP) infection...
- Characterisation of antibodies to bovine Toll-like receptor (TLR)-2 and cross-reactivity with ovine TLR2Lai Shan Kwong
Institute for Animal Health, High Street, Compton, Newbury, Berkshire RG207NN, United Kingdom
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 139:313-8. 2011..is involved in the recognition of gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria and heterodimers of TLR1 or TLR6 with TLR2 are crucial for the identification of several PAMPs...
- Genetic variation of toll-like receptor genes and infection by Mycobacterium avium ssp. paratuberculosis in Holstein-Friesian cattleO Ruiz-Larrañaga
Genetics, Physical Anthropology and Animal Physiology Department, University of the Basque Country, UPV EHU, Sarriena s n, 48940 Leioa, Bizkaia, Spain
J Dairy Sci 94:3635-41. 2011..In cattle, 3 members of the TLR family, TLR1, TLR2, and TLR4, are associated with Mycobacterium avium ssp...
- Association analysis of the constructed linkage maps covering TLR2 and TLR4 with clinical mastitis in Norwegian Red cattleM A Opsal
Department of Animal and Aquacultural Sciences, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Aas, Norway
J Anim Breed Genet 125:110-8. 2008..Previous studies have identified TLR2 and TLR4 as potential candidate genes for disease resistance...
- Identification of single nucleotide polymorphisms in bovine CARD15 and their associations with health and production traits in Canadian HolsteinsSameer D Pant
Centre for Genetic Improvement of Livestock, Department of Animal and Poultry Science, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1, Canada
BMC Genomics 8:421. 2007Toll-like receptor-2 (TLR2) and Caspase Recruitment Domain 15 (CARD15) are important pattern recognition receptors that play a role in the initiation of the inflammatory and subsequent immune response...
- Expression of TOLL-like receptors (TLR) by bovine antigen-presenting cells-potential role in pathogen discrimination?Dirk Werling
Royal Veterinary College, Department of Pathology and Infectious Diseases, Hawkshead Lane, Hatfield AL9 7TA, UK
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 112:2-11. 2006..expression of TLR mRNA in bovine antigen-presenting cell subsets, summarise the discovery and the critical roles of TLR2 in host defence against Mycobacteria, and provide evidence for a mycobacteria species-specific response of bovine ..
- TLR2 signaling in chondrocytes drives calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate and monosodium urate crystal-induced nitric oxide generationRu Liu-Bryan
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, San Diego, CA 92161, USA
J Immunol 174:5016-23. 2005..We detected TLR2 expression in normal articular chondrocytes and up-regulation of TLR2 in osteoarthritic cartilage chondrocytes in ..
- Comparative fine maps of bovine toll-like receptor 4 and toll-like receptor 2 regionsStephen N White
Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843, USA
Mamm Genome 14:149-55. 2003..panel to map Toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) to the distal end of bovine Chromosome (Chr) 8, and Toll-like receptor 2 (TLR2) to the proximal end of bovine Chr 17...