Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ADD1
Description: adducin 1
Alias: ADDA, alpha-adducin, adducin 1 (alpha), erythrocyte adducin alpha subunit
Publications192 found, 100 shown here
- Functional antagonism between inhibitor of DNA binding (Id) and adipocyte determination and differentiation factor 1/sterol regulatory element-binding protein-1c (ADD1/SREBP-1c) trans-factors for the regulation of fatty acid synthase promoter in adipocyteM Moldes
Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, UPRES A 7079 CNRS, Paris, France
Biochem J 344:873-80. 1999..of the helix-loop-helix (HLH) family, interact with the adipocyte determination and differentiation factor 1 (ADD1)/sterol regulatory element-binding protein (SREBP) 1c, a transcription factor of the basic HLH-leucine zipper ..
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme and adducin-1 polymorphisms in women with preeclampsia and gestational hypertensionChiara Mandò
Unit of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Department of Clinical Sciences L Sacco, University of Milan, Italy
Reprod Sci 16:819-26. 2009The angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) insertion/deletion (I/D) polymorphism and the Adducin-1 (ADD1) G460W nonsense single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) have previously been associated to hypertension, whereas their association with ..
- Alpha-adducin gene polymorphism is associated with essential hypertension in Chinese: a case-control and family-based studyZhenyu Ju
Sino German Laboratory for Molecular Medicine, Fu Wai Hospital and Cardiovascular Institute, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
J Hypertens 21:1861-8. 2003..The aim of the present study was to further investigate the association of the alpha-adducin 460W allele with essential hypertension in Chinese population...
- Erythrocyte adducin: a calmodulin-regulated actin-bundling protein that stimulates spectrin-actin bindingS M Mische
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510
J Cell Biol 105:2837-45. 1987..These results thus identify a putative role for adducin, and define a calcium- and calmodulin-dependent mechanism whereby higher states of actin association and its interaction with spectrin in the erythrocyte may be controlled...
- Adducin regulation. Definition of the calmodulin-binding domain and sites of phosphorylation by protein kinases A and CY Matsuoka
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 271:25157-66. 1996..These findings suggest a complex reciprocal relationship between regulation of adducin function by calmodulin binding and phosphorylation by PKA and PKC...
- Cleavage of the actin-capping protein alpha -adducin at Asp-Asp-Ser-Asp633-Ala by caspase-3 is preceded by its phosphorylation on serine 726 in cisplatin-induced apoptosis of renal epithelial cellsB van de Water
Division of Toxicology, Leiden Amsterdam Center for Drug Research, Leiden University, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 275:25805-13. 2000....
- [Is Gly460Trp variant of alpha-adducin associated with essential hypertension in the Hans of Chinese population]R Hou
Department of Cardiology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Xi n an Medical University, Xi n an, Shaanxi, 710061 P R China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 17:413-6. 2000..To determine whether the variant of adducin alpha subunit (alpha-adducin) is in association with essential hypertension in the Hans of Chinese population...
- Association study of eight candidate genes with renin status in mild-to-moderate hypertension in patients of African ancestryA D Tiago
Cardiovascular Genomics Research Unit, Departments of Physiology and Medicine, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Cardiovasc J S Afr 12:75-80. 2001....
- Role of alpha-adducin DNA polymorphisms in the genetic predisposition to diabetic nephropathyBryan R Conway
Nephrology Research Group, Queen s University of Belfast, Northern Ireland
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:2019-24. 2004..A secondary objective was to assess for association between the Gly460Trp variant and hypertension...
- Role of the adducin family genes in human essential hypertensionChiara Lanzani
Division of Nephrology, Dialysis and Hypertension University Vita Salute, IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital, Milano, Italy
J Hypertens 23:543-9. 2005In both humans and rats, polymorphisms of the alpha adducin (ADD1) gene are involved in renal sodium handling, essential hypertension and some of its organ complications...
- Combined analysis of polymorphisms in angiotensinogen and adducin genes and their effects on hypertension in a Japanese sample: The Shigaraki StudyShinji Tamaki
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Kohka Public Hospital, Kohka, Japan
Hypertens Res 28:645-50. 2005..subjects not receiving antihypertensive medication, in a combined analysis of angiotensinogen (AGT) and adducin (ADD1) polymorphisms, double homozygosity of 235Thr or 460Trp was not found to be associated with hypertension...
- Polymorphisms in four candidate genes in young patients with essential hypertensionNatasa Marcun Varda
Department of Paediatrics, Maribor Teaching Hospital, Maribor, Slovenia
Acta Paediatr 95:353-8. 2006....
- Association between adducin-1 G460W variant and blood pressure in Swedes is dependent on interaction with body mass index and genderCristiano Fava
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, University Hospital of Malmo, Malmo, Sweden
Am J Hypertens 20:981-9. 2007..The aim of this study was to test whether the G460W variant is associated with BP levels and BP progression rate and whether G460W associations with BP are affected by sex, body mass index (BMI), or age...
- Polymorphisms in the GNB3 and ADD1 genes and blood pressure in a Chinese populationShufeng Chen
Division of Population Genetics, Department of Evidence Based Medicine, Cardiovascular Institute, Fu Wai Hospital, Peking Union Medical College, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, 167 Beilishi Road, Beijing, 100037, China
Hum Genet 128:137-43. 2010..polymorphisms (SNPs) in the guanine nucleotide binding protein beta polypeptide 3 (GNB3) and adducin 1 alpha (ADD1) genes and systolic (SBP), diastolic (DBP), and mean arterial (MAP) BP...
- Evidence for an interaction between adducin and Na(+)-K(+)-ATPase: relation to genetic hypertensionM Ferrandi
Prassis Research Institute sigma tau, 20019 Settimo Milanese, Italy
Am J Physiol 277:H1338-49. 1999..Our findings strongly imply the existence of a direct and specific interaction between adducin and Na(+)-K(+)-ATPase in vitro and also suggest the possibility of such an interaction in intact renal membranes...
- G-protein beta3 subunit and alpha-adducin polymorphisms and risk of subclinical and clinical strokeA C Morrison
Human Genetics Center, University of Texas Houston Health Science Center, Institute of Molecular Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Stroke 32:822-9. 2001..For this reason, we sought to examine the association between the alpha-adducin (ADD1) G/W460 and G-protein beta3 subunit (GNbeta3) 825C/T polymorphisms and subclinical and clinical stroke in the ..
- Effects of three candidate genes on prevalence and incidence of hypertension in a Caucasian populationJ A Staessen
Departement Moleculair en Cardiovasculair Onderzoek, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
J Hypertens 19:1349-58. 2001..However, most studies in humans focused on single-gene effects and disregarded epistasis, the suppression or potentiation of a gene by other non-allelic genes...
- Role of the alpha-adducin genotype on renal disease progressionJerome Nicod
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Inselspital, University of Berne, Berne, Switzerland
Kidney Int 61:1270-5. 2002....
- Interaction between ACE and ADD1 gene polymorphisms in the progression of IgA nephropathy in Japanese patientsIchiei Narita
Division of Clinical Nephrology and Rheumatology, Niigata University Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, 757, Asahimachi Dori, Niigata, 951 8510, Japan
Hypertension 42:304-9. 2003An interaction effect between the angiotensin-converting enzyme insertion/deletion (ACE I/D) and alpha-adducin (ADD1) Gly460Trp polymorphisms (G460W) on blood pressure regulation has recently been suggested, although its significance in ..
- Effects of endothelial nitric oxide synthase, alpha-adducin, and other candidate gene polymorphisms on blood pressure response to hydrochlorothiazideStephen T Turner
Division of Hypertension, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Hypertens 16:834-9. 2003....
- Association between hypertension and the alpha-adducin, beta1-adrenoreceptor, and G-protein beta3 subunit genes in the Japanese population; the Suita studyKeisuke Shioji
Department of Epidemiology, Research Institute, National Cardiovascular Center, Suita, Japan
Hypertens Res 27:31-7. 2004..study focused on 3 genetic polymorphisms that have previously been implicated in hypertension: the alpha-adducin (ADD1/Gly460Trp), beta1-adrenoreceptor (ADRB1/Arg389Gly), and G-protein beta3 subunit (GNB3/C825T) gene polymorphisms...
- Alpha-adducin G460W polymorphism, urinary sodium excretion, and blood pressure in community-based samplesKazumasa Yamagishi
Department of Public Health Medicine, Institute of Community Medicine, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki ken 305 8575, Japan
Am J Hypertens 17:385-90. 2004..One hypothesis is that the association between G460W polymorphism and BP is more evident among persons with higher sodium intake than those with lower sodium intake...
- Cardiovascular risk in relation to alpha-adducin Gly460Trp polymorphism and systolic pressure: a prospective population studyYan Li
Study Coordinating Centre, Department of Molecular and Cardiovascular Research, University of Leuven, Belgium
Hypertension 46:527-32. 2005..9% and 44.3%, respectively. In conclusion, the alpha-adducin Gly460Trp polymorphism, in combination with systolic blood pressure, is a strong predictor of cardiovascular mortality and morbidity...
- The alpha-adducin gene is associated with macrovascular complications and mortality in patients with type 2 diabetesMojgan Yazdanpanah
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, P O Box 2040, 3000 CA Rotterdam, Netherlands
Diabetes 55:2922-7. 2006We examined the association between alpha-adducin 1 (ADD1) gene polymorphism (Gly460Trp) with macrovascular complications and mortality in type 2 diabetes in a Caucasian population aged >or=55 years...
- Alpha-adducin polymorphism, atherosclerosis, and cardiovascular and cerebrovascular riskMarie Josee E van Rijn
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Erasmus Medical Center, PO Box 1738, 3000 DR Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Stroke 37:2930-4. 2006Carriers of the 460Trp allele of the alpha-adducin gene (ADD1) show higher rates of sodium reabsorption compared with homozygous carriers of the Gly460 allele and were found to have an increased risk of hypertension and cardiovascular ..
- [Association of alpha-adducin gene and G-protein beta3-subunit gene with essential hypertension in Chinese]Xiao hong Huang
Sino German Laboratory for Molecular Medicine, Fuwai Hospital and Cardiovascular Institute, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100037, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:1682-4. 2007To investigate the relationship between the alpha-adducin (ADD1) gene G460W and the G-protein beta 3-subunit (GNB3) gene C825T polymorphisms and essential hypertension (EH) in a northern Chinese Han population.
- Adducin promotes micrometer-scale organization of beta2-spectrin in lateral membranes of bronchial epithelial cellsKhadar M Abdi
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and the Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:536-45. 2008..We conclude that adducin acting through spectrin provides a novel mechanism to regulate global properties of the lateral membrane of bronchial epithelial cells...
- alpha-Adducin mutations increase Na/K pump activity in renal cells by affecting constitutive endocytosis: implications for tubular Na reabsorptionLucia Torielli
Prassis sigma tau Research Institute, Milan, Italy
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 295:F478-87. 2008..The constitutive reduction of the Na/K pump endocytic rate induced by mutated adducin variants may be relevant in Na-dependent hypertension...
- Analysis of renin-angiotensin aldosterone system gene polymorphisms in Malaysian essential hypertensive and type 2 diabetic subjectsVasudevan Ramachandran
Genetic Research Group, Department of Biomedical Science, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Selangor, Malaysia
Cardiovasc Diabetol 8:11. 2009....
- Lack of association between alpha-adducin G460W polymorphism and hypertension: evidence from a case-control study and a meta-analysisW Q Niu
State Key Laboratory of Medical Genomics, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, PR China
J Hum Hypertens 24:467-74. 2010..05 was in favour of our findings. Our case-control study and the following meta-analysis failed to provide evidence for the genetic association of alpha-adducin gene G460W polymorphism with hypertension...
- Adducins regulate remodeling of apical junctions in human epithelial cellsNayden G Naydenov
Department of Medicine, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Mol Biol Cell 21:3506-17. 2010..These findings suggest novel roles for adducins in stabilization of epithelial junctions and regulation of junctional remodeling...
- Association of α-adducin and G-protein β3 genetic polymorphisms with hypertension: a meta-analysis of Chinese populationsWenQuan Niu
State Key Laboratory of Medical Genomics, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Vascular Biology, Department of Hypertension, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 6:e17052. 2011..To comprehensively address this issue, we performed a meta-analysis to evaluate the influence of these two polymorphisms on hypertension and potential biases in Chinese...
- α-Adducin Gly460Trp gene mutation and essential hypertension in a Chinese population: a meta-analysis including 10,960 subjectsYan Yan Li
Department of Geriatrics, First Affiliated Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
PLoS ONE 7:e30214. 2012..The α-adducin Gly460Trp (G460W) gene polymorphism may be associated with susceptibility to essential hypertension (EH), but this relationship remains controversial. In an attempt to resolve this issue, we conducted a meta-analysis...
- Primary structure and domain organization of human alpha and beta adducinR Joshi
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710
J Cell Biol 115:665-75. 1991..Northern blot analysis of mRNA from rat tissues, K562 erythroleukemia cells and reticulocytes has shown that alpha adducin is expressed in all the tissues tested as a single message size of 4 kb...
- Modulation of spectrin-actin assembly by erythrocyte adducinK Gardner
Nature 328:359-62. 1987..Adducin may be involved in the action of Ca2+ on erythrocyte membrane skeleton and in the assembly of spectrin-actin complexes...
- Adducin: a physical model with implications for function in assembly of spectrin-actin complexesC A Hughes
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 270:18990-6. 1995..Thus, adducin tail domains alone are sufficient to interact with F-actin and a single spectrin and to recruit additional spectrin molecules to the ternary complex...
- Identification of the spectrin subunit and domains required for formation of spectrin/adducin/actin complexesX Li
Department of Cell Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Biol Chem 271:15695-702. 1996....
- Polymorphisms of alpha-adducin and salt sensitivity in patients with essential hypertensionD Cusi
Postgraduate School of Nephrology, University of Milan, Italy
Lancet 349:1353-7. 1997..We investigated whether an alpha-adducin polymorphism (Gly 460 Trp) is involved in essential hypertension in two separate populations...
- Human alpha-adducin gene, blood pressure, and sodium metabolismA Kamitani
Department of Physiology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Hypertension 32:138-43. 1998..These findings suggest that in our Scottish population, the alpha-adducin 460Trp polymorphism is not related to blood pressure and does not affect whole body or cellular sodium metabolism...
- Adducin is an in vivo substrate for protein kinase C: phosphorylation in the MARCKS-related domain inhibits activity in promoting spectrin-actin complexes and occurs in many cells, including dendritic spines of neuronsY Matsuoka
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Departments of Cell Biology and Biochemistry, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
J Cell Biol 142:485-97. 1998..by stably transfecting MDCK cells with either wild-type or PKC-unphosphorylatable S716A/S726A mutant alpha adducin. The mutant alpha adducin was no longer concentrated at the cell membrane at sites of cell-cell contact, and ..
- Adducin: structure, function and regulationY Matsuoka
Experimental Pathology and Chemotherapy Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Cell Mol Life Sci 57:884-95. 2000..Prominent physiological sites of regulation of adducin include dendritic spines of hippocampal neurons, platelets and growth cones of axons...
- alpha-adducin and angiotensin I-converting enzyme polymorphisms in essential hypertensionC J Clark
MRC Blood Pressure Group, Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Western Infirmary, Glasgow, Scotland
Hypertension 36:990-4. 2000..Furthermore, the alpha-adducin G460W, ACE I/D, and aldosterone synthase SF-1 and IC polymorphisms do not appear to interact in our hypertensive population...
- Renal function in relation to three candidate genesJ G Wang
Hypertensie en Cardiovasculaire Revalidatie Eenheid, Departement Moleculair en Cardiovasculair Onderzoek, Katholieke Univsiteit Leuven, Belgium
Am J Kidney Dis 38:1158-68. 2001....
- Association between the alpha-adducin Gly460Trp polymorphism and systolic blood pressure in familial combined hyperlipidemiaE Beeks
Department of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, The Netherlands
Am J Hypertens 14:1185-90. 2001..contributing to systolic blood pressure (SBP) has been identified on chromosome 4, containing the a-adducin gene (ADD1)...
- Low-renin hypertension, altered sodium homeostasis, and an alpha-adducin polymorphismFrederick D Grant
Endocrinology Hypertension Division, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Hypertension 39:191-6. 2002..Homozygosity for this alpha-adducin allele may be an important determinant for approximately 10% of individuals with low-renin hypertension...
- alpha-Adducin 460Trp allele is associated with erythrocyte Na transport rate in North Sardinian primary hypertensivesNicola Glorioso
Hypertension Center, University of Sassari Medical School, Sassari, Italy
Hypertension 39:357-62. 2002..These results may also have clinical relevance because the Gly460Trp alpha-adducin polymorphism may explain, at least in part, the variability of blood pressure response to diuretics in primary hypertensive patients...
- alpha-Adducin Gly460Trp polymorphism, left ventricular mass and plasma renin activityMikolaj Winnicki
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
J Hypertens 20:1771-7. 2002..Epidemiological studies suggest that LVH may be influenced by genetic factors. However, the evidence associating individual genes with left ventricular (LV) mass is inconsistent and contradictory...
- alpha-Adducin Gly460Trp polymorphism is associated with low renin hypertension in younger subjects in the Ohasama studyKen Sugimoto
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Suita, Japan
J Hypertens 20:1779-84. 2002..However, we failed to detect a positive association between the Gly460Trp polymorphism of ADD-1 and hypertension in a small series of Japanese subjects...
- Association between hypertension and variation in the alpha- and beta-adducin genes in a white populationJi Guang Wang
Studiecoördinatiecentrum, Hypertensie en Cardiovasculaire Revalidatie Eenheid, Departement voor Moleculair en Cardiovasculair Onderzoek, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Kidney Int 62:2152-9. 2002..In the present study, we investigated in multivariate analyses whether the risk of hypertension was associated with the C1797T polymorphism of the beta-adducin gene...
- Influence of the alpha-adducin and ACE gene polymorphism on the progression of autosomal-dominant polycystic kidney diseaseM Merta
1st Internal Department, 1st Medical Faculty, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Kidney Blood Press Res 26:42-9. 2003..We examined the influence of the ACE I/D polymorphism, adducin Trp460Gly polymorphism and the association of both polymorphisms on the progression of ADPKD towards end-stage renal failure (ESRF)...
- Alpha-adducin polymorphism, salt sensitivity, nitric oxide excretion, and cardiovascular risk factors in normotensive HispanicsAna M Castejon
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Health Professions Division, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33328, USA
Am J Hypertens 16:1018-24. 2003..We investigated whether one alpha-adducin polymorphism, the Gly460Trp (G/T) variant, was associated with salt sensitivity, nitric oxide (NO) production; and cardiovascular risk factors in healthy adult normotensive Venezuelans...
- Alpha-adducin Gly460Trp polymorphism and renal hemodynamics in essential hypertensionEsther Beeks
Department of Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht CARIM, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Hypertension 44:419-23. 2004..The present study shows that the Trp460Trp genotype is significantly associated with reduced renal plasma flow and glomerular filtration rate as compared with the wild-type variant...
- Sodium-lithium countertransport and the Gly460-->Trp alpha-adducin polymorphism in essential hypertensionPaul A Mead
Department of Nephrology, Cumberland Infirmary, Carlisle CA2 7HY, UK
Clin Sci (Lond) 108:231-6. 2005..The Trp allele was not associated with disease in the population studied. Several cytoskeletal proteins may interact with adducin in the overall phenotype of EH...
- Alpha-adducin Gly460Trp polymorphism and essential hypertension in KoreaMin Ho Shin
Department of Preventive Medicine, College of Medicine, Seonam University, Gwangju, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 19:812-4. 2004..00, 95% CI 0.65-1.53, Gly/Trp vs. Gly/Gly; OR 1.22, 95% CI 0.79-1.90, Trp/Trp vs. Gly/Gly). These findings suggest that the Gly460Trp polymorphism of ADD-1 is not associated with hypertension...
- Rho-kinase induces association of adducin with the cytoskeleton in platelet activationSatoshi Tamaru
The 2nd Department of Internal Medicine, Mie University School of Medicine, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 332:347-51. 2005..These results suggest that Rho-kinase regulates the association of alpha-adducin and spectrin with the actin cytoskeleton in platelet activation...
- Interactions between five candidate genes and antihypertensive drug therapy on blood pressureH Schelleman
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Pharmacogenomics J 6:22-6. 2006..33 mmHg [95% CI: 0.14-8.54]). Thus, the mean SBP level among diuretic users may be modified by the GNB3 825C/T polymorphism...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme I/D and alpha-adducin Gly460Trp polymorphisms: from angiotensin-converting enzyme activity to cardiovascular outcomeYan Li
Studies Coordinating Centre, Division of Hypertension and Cardiovascular Research, Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Hypertension 49:1291-7. 2007The angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) I/D and the alpha-adducin (ADD1) Gly460Trp polymorphisms are associated with cardiovascular risk factors...
- Association of alpha-adducin Gly460Trp polymorphism with coronary artery disease in a Korean populationSeung Hun Cha
National Genome Research Institute, National Institute of Health, Seoul, Seoul, Korea
J Hypertens 25:2413-20. 2007..In order to investigate any possible role of hypertension candidate genes in the disease development and progression, we examined the association of the polymorphisms of 31 hypertension candidate genes with coronary artery disease...
- Physiological interaction between alpha-adducin and WNK1-NEDD4L pathways on sodium-related blood pressure regulationPaolo Manunta
Division of Nephrology, Dialysis, and Hypertension, University Vita Salute San Raffaele Hospital, Via Olgettina 60, 20132 Milan, Italy
Hypertension 52:366-72. 2008..In previous studies, variants in the genes for alpha-adducin (ADD1), WNK1, and NEDD4L, which all regulate renal sodium absorption, have been associated with increased BP...
- Host alpha-adducin is redistributed and localized to the inclusion membrane in chlamydia- and chlamydophila-infected cellsHencelyn G Chu
Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331 4804, USA
Microbiology 154:3848-55. 2008..The demonstration of alpha-adducin and Raf-1 redistribution within cells infected by different chlamydiae provides novel opportunities for analysis of host-pathogen interactions in this system...
- Hypertension genes and retinal vascular calibre: the Cardiovascular Health StudyC Sun
Centre for Eye Research Australia, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Hum Hypertens 23:578-84. 2009..the associations of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in three candidate hypertension genes, alpha-adducin (ADD1/G460W), beta2-adrenergic receptor (ADRB2/Arg16Gly and Gln27Glu) and G-protein beta3 subunit (GNB3/C825T), with ..
- [Association of the polymorphisms of sodium transport related genes with essential hypertension]Ping yuan Gong
Department of Medical Genetics, Medical College, Henan University of Science and Technology, Luoyang, Henan, 471003 PR China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 26:91-4. 2009To investigate the association of the polymorphisms of rs4961 in alpha-adducin (ADD1) and rs28933400 in Na+/K+ -ATPase a2 (ATP1A2) genes, the products of which are important for sodium transport, with essential hypertension.
- Novel genetic variants in the alpha-adducin and guanine nucleotide binding protein beta-polypeptide 3 genes and salt sensitivity of blood pressureTanika N Kelly
Department of Epidemiology, Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Am J Hypertens 22:985-92. 2009We examined the association between 12 single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the alpha-adducin (ADD1) and guanine nucleotide binding protein (G protein) beta-polypeptide 3 (GNB3) genes and systolic (SBP), diastolic (DBP), and mean ..
- alpha- and beta-Adducin polymorphisms affect podocyte proteins and proteinuria in rodents and decline of renal function in human IgA nephropathyMara Ferrandi
Prassis sigma tau Research Institute, Settimo Milanese, Milan, Italy
J Mol Med (Berl) 88:203-17. 2010..These alterations were markedly attenuated when the polymorphic MHS alpha-adducin locus was also present (Add1, 316Y)...
- Association between alpha-adducin gene polymorphism (Gly460Trp) and genetic predisposition to salt sensitivity: a meta-analysisR Wang
Department of Cardiology, Affiliated Hospital of Youjiang Medical College for Nationalities, Baise, Guangxi, China
J Appl Genet 51:87-94. 2010..More studies based on a larger population are required to evaluate further the role of alpha-adducin Gly460Trp polymorphism in salt-sensitive hypertension...
- Gly460Trp polymorphism of the ADD1 gene and essential hypertension in an Indian population: A meta-analysis on hypertension riskP Ramu
Pharmacogenomics Laboratory, Department of Pharmacology, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research JIPMER, Pondicherry 605 006, India
Indian J Hum Genet 16:8-15. 2010Essential hypertension is a complex genetic trait. Genetic variant of alpha adducin (ADD1) gene have been implicated as a risk factor for hypertension...
- Alpha-adducin Gly460Trp polymorphism and hypertension risk: a meta-analysis of 22 studies including 14303 cases and 15961 controlsKuo Liu
Department of Hypertension Research, Beijing Anzhen Hospital, Capital Medical University and Beijing Institute of Heart Lung and Blood Vessel Diseases, Beijing, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 5:. 2010..No clear consensus has been reached on the alpha-adducin polymorphism (Gly460Trp) and essential hypertension risk. We performed a meta-analysis in an effort to systematically summarize the possible association...
- α-adducin Gly460Trp polymorphism and essential hypertension risk in Chinese: a meta-analysisKuo Liu
Department of Hypertension Research, Beijing Anzhen Hospital, Capital Medical University and Beijing Institute of Heart Lung and Blood Vessel Diseases, Beijing, PR China
Hypertens Res 34:389-99. 2011..Overall, our findings supported the hypothesis that the ADD1 Gly460Trp polymorphism is associated with EH in the Chinese population...
- A new function for adducin. Calcium/calmodulin-regulated capping of the barbed ends of actin filamentsP A Kuhlman
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 271:7986-91. 1996..Our experiments also suggest novel possibilities for calcium regulation of actin filament assembly by adducin in erythrocytes and at cell-cell contact sites in nonerythroid cells...
- ADD1 460W allele associated with cardiovascular disease in hypertensive individualsAlanna C Morrison
Human Genetics Center, University of Texas Houston Health Science Center, Houston, Tex 77030, USA
Hypertension 39:1053-7. 2002..For this reason, we examined the association between the alpha-adducin (ADD1) G460W and G-protein beta3 subunit (GNB3) 825C>T polymorphisms and the prevalence of peripheral arterial disease ..
- ACE and alpha-adducin polymorphism as markers of individual response to diuretic therapyMaria Teresa Sciarrone
Department of Nephrology and Graduate School of Nephrology Universita Vita e Salute, Milan, Italy
Hypertension 41:398-403. 2003....
- Alpha-adducin Gly460Trp variant increases the risk of stroke in hypertensive Dutch womenMohammad Hadi Zafarmand
Julius Center for Health Sciences and Primary Care, University Medical Center Utrecht, Heidelberglaan 100, Str 6 131, 3584 CX Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Hypertension 51:1665-70. 2008..This risk is particularly elevated in the presence of systolic hypertension...
- Genomic organization of the human alpha-adducin gene and its alternately spliced isoformsB Lin
Department of Medical Genetics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Genomics 25:93-9. 1995..No TATA box was apparent, consistent with features of a housekeeping gene. We have mapped another cDNA within the first intron of the human alpha-adducin gene, suggesting overlapping genes in this 4p16.3 genomic region...
- Lack of association between Gly460Trp polymorphism of alpha-adducin gene and salt sensitivity of blood pressure in Polish hypertensivesA Ciechanowicz
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Pomeranian Academy of Medicine, Szczecin, Poland
Kidney Blood Press Res 24:201-6. 2001..Previous studies have suggested that alpha-adducin (alpha-ADD) polymorphism may identify patients with a salt-sensitive form of hypertension...
- Angiotensin converting enzyme DD genotype is associated with hypertensive crisisGere Sunder-Plassmann
Department of Medicine III, University of Vienna, Austria
Crit Care Med 30:2236-41. 2002..The genetic background of hypertensive crisis is unknown. We examined the association of polymorphisms in genes involved in the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone-system with hypertensive crisis...
- Both angiotensinogen M235T and alpha-adducin G460W polymorphisms are associated with hypertension in the Japanese populationY Nakamura
J Hum Hypertens 21:253-5. 2007
- Renin-angiotensin system and alpha-adducin gene polymorphisms and their relation to responses to antihypertensive drugs: results from the GENRES studyTimo Suonsyrja
Department of Medicine, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Am J Hypertens 22:169-75. 2009Polymorphisms in genes coding for components of the renin-angiotensin system (RAS) and alpha-adducin (ADD1) have been reported to be associated with blood pressure (BP) responses to antihypertensive agents...
- Pharmacogenetics of antihypertensive drug responsesGary L Schwartz
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Pharmacogenomics 4:151-60. 2004..Using a candidate gene approach, such polymorphisms have been identified in genes encoding alpha-adducin (ADD1), subunits of G-proteins (GNB3 and GNAS1), the beta(1)-adrenergic receptor (ADRB1), endothelial nitric oxide ..
- Distribution of tetracycline and streptomycin resistance genes and class 1 integrons in Enterobacteriaceae isolated from dairy and nondairy farm soilsVelusamy Srinivasan
Department of Animal Science and the Food Safety Center of Excellence, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Microb Ecol 55:184-93. 2008..5%), strB (12.5%), ant(3'') (12.5), aph(6)-1c (12.5%), aph(3'') (10.8%), and addA (5.4%) was detected in bacteria isolated from dairy farm soils than in nondairy soils...
- Molecular characterization of a germination-specific muramidase from Clostridium perfringens S40 spores and nucleotide sequence of the corresponding geneY Chen
Department of Applied Biological Sciences, School of Agricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Aichi, Japan
J Bacteriol 179:3181-7. 1997..However, the enzyme was not capable of digesting isolated cortical fragments from spores of Bacillus subtilis ADD1, which lacks muramic acid delta-lactam in its cortical peptidoglycan...
- Molecular cloning and functional analysis of the promoter of the human squalene synthase geneG Guan
Eleanor Roosevelt Institute, Boettcher Laboratory for Molecular Genetics, Denver, Colorado 80206, USA
J Biol Chem 270:21958-65. 1995..69-bp DNA, including the SRE-1 cis-acting element, show strong binding to the purified nuclear transcription factor ADD1 (Tonzonoz, P., Kim, J. B., Graves, R. A., and Spiegelman B. M. (1993) Mol. Cell Biol...
- Changes in concentrations of microcystins in rainbow trout, freshwater mussels, and cyanobacteria in Lakes Rotoiti and RotoehuS A Wood
Cawthron Institute, Private Bag 2, Nelson, New Zealand
Environ Toxicol 21:205-22. 2006..samples, rainbow trout liver and muscle tissue, and the tissues of mussels were analyzed for microcystins using the ADDA-ELISA method, and selected samples were analyzed using LC-MS...
- Hemin binds to human cytoplasmic arginyl-tRNA synthetase and inhibits its catalytic activityFang Yang
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
J Biol Chem 285:39437-46. 2010..protein mutants, we identified Cys-115 as a specific axial ligand of hemin binding that is located in the Add1 domain...
- Expression of porcine transcription factors and genes related to fatty acid metabolism in different tissues and genetic populationsS T Ding
USDA ARS Children s Nutrition Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030 2600, USA
J Anim Sci 78:2127-34. 2000..Adipocyte determination and differentiation-dependent factor 1 (ADD1), peroxisome proliferator activated receptor alpha (PPAR alpha), and peroxisome proliferator activated receptor ..
- Bacillus subtilis SbcC protein plays an important role in DNA inter-strand cross-link repairJudita Mascarenhas
Institut fur Mikrobiologie, Albert Ludwigs Universitat Freiburg, Stefan Meier Str, 19, 79104 Freiburg, Germany
BMC Mol Biol 7:20. 2006..Ku protein is a component of the NHEJ pathway in pro- and eukaryotic cells...
- A new morphospecies of Microcystis sp. forming bloom in the Cheffia dam (Algeria): seasonal variation of microcystin concentrations in raw water and their removal in a full-scale treatment plantHichem Nasri
Institute of Biology, University of El Taref, El Taref, Algeria
Environ Toxicol 22:347-56. 2007..Three variants of microcystins assigned as microcystin-YR (MCYST-YR), microcystin-LR (MCYST-LR), and 6Z-Adda stereoisomer of MCYST-LR were observed in the crude extract of the Microcystis sp. bloom sample...
- Characterization of Caulobacter crescentus response to low temperature and identification of genes involved in freezing resistanceRicardo R Mazzon
Department of Microbiology, Instituto de Ciencias Biomedicas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
FEMS Microbiol Lett 288:178-85. 2008..Identification of genes disrupted in each mutant showed that they encoded an AddA family DNA helicase, a DEAD/DEAH box RNA helicase and a putative RND (resistance, nodulation, cell division) efflux ..
- A novel spore peptidoglycan hydrolase of Bacillus cereus: biochemical characterization and nucleotide sequence of the corresponding gene, sleLY Chen
Department of Molecular Biosciences, Graduate School of Bioagricultural Sciences, Nagoya University, Nagoya, Aichi 464 8601, Japan
J Bacteriol 182:1499-506. 2000..CFLE was not capable of degrading isolated cortical fragments from spores of Bacillus subtilis ADD1, which lacks muramic acid delta-lactam...
- Widespread distribution and identification of eight novel microcystins in antarctic cyanobacterial matsSusanna A Wood
Cawthron Institute, Nelson, New Zealand
Appl Environ Microbiol 74:7243-51. 2008..hAr(2)] or acetyldemethyl 3-amino-9-methoxy-2,6,8-trimethyl-10-phenyl-4,6-decadienoic acid (acetyldemethyl ADDA) [ADMAdda(5)] substitutions. Nostoc sp...
- Progesterone stimulates adipocyte determination and differentiation 1/sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1c gene expression. potential mechanism for the lipogenic effect of progesterone in adipose tissueD Lacasa
Laboratoire de Biochimie et Biologie Moleculaire, Faculté de médecine Paris Ouest, Universite Rene Descartes, 75270 Paris, France
J Biol Chem 276:11512-6. 2001Fatty acid synthase (FAS), a nutritionally regulated lipogenic enzyme, is transcriptionally controlled by ADD1/SREBP1c (adipocyte determination and differentiation 1/sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1c), through insulin-mediated ..
- Multiple interactions of HIV-I Tat protein with size-defined heparin oligosaccharidesM Rusnati
Unit of General Pathology, Department of Biomedical Sciences, School of Medicine, University of Brescia, 25123 Brescia, Italy
J Biol Chem 274:28198-205. 1999..Coltrini, D., Oreste, P., Zoppetti, G., Albini, A., Noonan, D., D'Adda di Fagagna, F., Giacca, M., and Presta, M. (1997) J. Biol. Chem. 272, 11313-11320)...
- Radiolysis studies on the destruction of microcystin-LR in aqueous solution by hydroxyl radicalsWeihua Song
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Florida International University, University Park, Miami, Florida 33199, USA
Environ Sci Technol 43:1487-92. 2009..of hydroxyl radicals with MC-LR involve addition of hydroxyl radical to the benzene ring and diene moieties of the Adda side chain...
- White Tea extract induces lipolytic activity and inhibits adipogenesis in human subcutaneous (pre)-adipocytesJörn Söhle
Research and Development, Research Special Skincare, Beiersdorf AG, Unnastrasse 48, 20245 Hamburg, Germany
Nutr Metab (Lond) 6:20. 2009..To investigate how natural substances influence lipolysis and adipogenesis, we determined the effects of White Tea extract on cultured human subcutaneous preadipocytes and adipocytes...
- An effective pathway for the removal of microcystin LR via anoxic biodegradation in lake sedimentsXiaoguo Chen
Department of Environmental Science and Technology, Wuhan University of Technology, Wuhan 430070, PR China
Water Res 44:1884-92. 2010..b>Adda (3-amino-9-methoxy-2,6,8-trimethyl-10-phenyl-deca-4,6-dienoic acid), a previously reported nontoxic product of ..
- Characterization of the inhibitory effect of growth hormone on primary preadipocyte differentiationL H Hansen
Hagedorn Research Institute, Gentofte, Denmark
Mol Endocrinol 12:1140-9. 1998..We found that the expression of both adipocyte determination and differentiation factor 1 (ADD1) and peroxisome proliferator activated receptor gamma(PPARgamma) was induced in preadipocytes during ..
- Expression of porcine adipocyte transcripts: tissue distribution and differentiation in vitro and in vivoS T Ding
Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030 2600, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 123:307-18. 1999..gamma), retinoid x receptor alpha (RXR alpha), adipocyte determination and differentiation-dependent factor 1 (ADD1), and CCAAT/enhancer binding protein alpha (C/EBP alpha)) and adipocyte-characteristic protein transcripts (..
- Fluorescent and circular dichroic detection of monosaccharides by molecular sensors: bis[(pyrrolyl)ethynyl]naphthyridine and bis[(indolyl)ethynyl]naphthyridineJim Min Fang
Department of Chemistry, National Taiwan University, Taipei, 106, Taiwan
J Am Chem Soc 126:3559-66. 2004..and acceptors (a) form multiple hydrogen-bonding complexes with various monosaccharides that possess complementary adda sequences...
- Helminths in Leuciscus cephalus from the river Adda, Lombardy, Northern ItalyM T Manfredi
Dipartimento di Patologia Animale, Igiene e Sanita Pubblica Veterinaria, Sezione di Patologia Generale e Parassitologia, Facolta di Medicina Veterinaria, Universita di Milano, Italy
Parassitologia 45:73-8. 2003Chubs (Leuciscus cephalus) were caught at various locations along the river Adda and from Lake of Como (Lombardy, Northern Italy) and endoparasitic helminths were studied in order to integrate the knowledge on distribution of helminth ..
- Transcriptional regulation of mouse 6-phosphogluconate dehydrogenase by ADD1/SREBP1cHo Kyung Rho
Department of Biological Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 332:288-96. 2005..Here, we provide several evidences that ADD1/SREBP1c regulates the expression of mouse 6PGDH gene...
- Expression of adducin genes during erythropoiesis: a novel erythroid promoter for ADD2Mustafa N Yenerel
Puget Sound Blood Center, University of Washington, Seattle, 98104, USA
Exp Hematol 33:758-66. 2005The first objective of this study was to examine the differences in levels of adducin (ADD1, ADD2, ADD3) mRNA expression during human erythropoiesis...
- Diversity of microcystin genotypes among populations of the filamentous cyanobacteria Planktothrix rubescens and Planktothrix agardhiiRainer Kurmayer
Austrian Academy of Sciences, Institute for Limnology, 5310 Mondsee, Austria
Mol Ecol 15:3849-61. 2006..MCs share a common structure cyclo (-D-Alanine(1)-L-X(2)- D-erythro-beta-iso-aspartic acid(3)-L-Z(4)-Adda(5)-D-Glutamate(6)- N-methyl-dehydroalanine(7)) where X(2) and Z(2) are variable L-amino acids in positions 2, 4 of ..
- Travel Awards for the 11th International Conference on Environmental MutagensTHOMAS EDWARD WILSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..USA;Jan Hoeijmakers, The Netherlands;Philip Hanawalt, USA;William Bohr, USA; Leona Samson, USA;Fabrizio D'Adda di Fagagna, Italy;Alan Lehman, UK;Jean Marc Egly, France;Hiroshi Kasai, Japan;Thomas Kunkel, USA;Wei Yang, USA;..
- Arrested Development of ArabidopsisF Pickett; Fiscal Year: 2003..The add1 mutation causes a temperature dependent loss of normal meristem function, cellular hypertrophy in the meristem, and ..
- STRUCTURES OF ANTIBIOTICS AND RELATED COMPOUNDSRobert Coates; Fiscal Year: 2003..appears to be toxic to L1210 leukemia cells and is being investigated for its unique structure, different from the hepatotoxins microcystins and nodularin, which are cyclic heptapeptides and pentapeptides containing the novel acid Adda.
- THE ROLE OF PLACENTAL LACTOGEN IN FETAL DEVELOPMENTMichael Freemark; Fiscal Year: 2007..cells and will compare the time course of expression of PPARkhi1I and 2 mRNAs in PRL-treated cells with that of ADD1 and c/EBPs beta, delta, and alpha...
- Hormone Replacement Therapy and Prothrombotic VariantsBruce Psaty; Fiscal Year: 2005..Power for primary and secondary aims is excellent. Information from this project may help physicians counsel women about HRT to maximize either effectiveness, or safety, or both. ..
- Anthipertensive PharmacoGenomicsStephen Turner; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Pharmacogenetics and Cardiovascular EventsBruce Psaty; Fiscal Year: 2006..The primary defense is replication: we would therefore welcome collaboration from others in the Pharmacogenetics Network in validation efforts. ..
- WGA Study to Identify Genetic Variants Associated with CV Events in CHSBruce Psaty; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed three-part study is efficient, has excellent power to detect small to modest-sized hazard ratios, provides a large sample of WG scans for aim 2, and includes an external replication. (End of Abstract) ..
- Genetics of Chronic Kidney DiseaseStephen T Turner; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Genome-wide case-only study of antihypertensive drug-gene interactionsBruce M Psaty; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- MUTATIONS, HORMONE THERAPY, AND VENOUS THROMBOEMBOLISMBruce Psaty; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Trends in and Outcomes of Medication Use in Older AdultsBruce Psaty; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- ANTIHYPERTENSIVE DRUG/GENE INTERACTIONS AND CV EVENTSBruce Psaty; Fiscal Year: 2004..aims are to assess drug-gene interactions on the incidence of myocardial infarction and stroke for (1) the alpha adducin polymorphism and diuretic use; (2) the beta-2 adrenergic receptor-27 (B2AR27) polymorphism and beta-blockers; ..
- GENETIC EPIDEMIOLOGY OF RESPONSES TO ANTIHYPERTENSIVESStephen Turner; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Genetics of Microangiopathic Brain InjuryStephen T Turner; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..