Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AIM-1
Description: aurora kinase B
Alias: AIK2, AIM-1, AIM1, ARK2, AurB, IPL1, PPP1R48, STK12, STK5, aurkb-sv1, aurkb-sv2, aurora kinase B, ARK-2, STK-1, aurora kinase B-Sv1, aurora kinase B-Sv2, aurora- and Ipl1-like midbody-associated protein 1, aurora-1, aurora-B, aurora-related kinase 2, aurora/IPL1-related kinase 2, protein phosphatase 1, regulatory subunit 48, serine/threonine kinase 12, serine/threonine-protein kinase 12, serine/threonine-protein kinase 5, serine/threonine-protein kinase aurora-B
Publications230 found, 100 shown here
- Two histone marks establish the inner centromere and chromosome bi-orientationYuya Yamagishi
Laboratory of Chromosome Dynamics, Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, Yayoi, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Science 330:239-43. 2010For proper partitioning of chromosomes in mitosis, the chromosomal passenger complex (CPC) including Aurora B and survivin must be localized at the center of paired kinetochores, at the site called the inner centromere...
- EB1 enables spindle microtubules to regulate centromeric recruitment of Aurora BBudhaditya Banerjee
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908
J Cell Biol 204:947-63. 2014The Aurora B kinase coordinates kinetochore-microtubule attachments with spindle checkpoint signaling on each mitotic chromosome...
- Epigenetic displacement of HP1 from heterochromatin by HIV-1 Vpr causes premature sister chromatid separationMari Shimura
Department of Intractable Diseases, Research Institute, National Center for Global Health and Medicine, Shinjuku, Tokyo 162 8655, Japan
J Cell Biol 194:721-35. 2011..Our study reveals for the first time centromere cohesion impairment resulting from epigenetic disruption of higher-order structures of heterochromatin by a viral pathogen...
- Mitotic kinases as regulators of cell division and its checkpointsE A Nigg
Max Planck Institute for Biochemistry, Department of Cell Biology, Am Klopferspitz 18a, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol 2:21-32. 2001..Here, I give an overview of the many mitotic kinases that regulate cell division and the fidelity of chromosome transmission...
- Exploring the functional interactions between Aurora B, INCENP, and survivin in mitosisReiko Honda
Department of Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute for Biochemistry, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Mol Biol Cell 14:3325-41. 2003The function of the Aurora B kinase at centromeres and the central spindle is crucial for chromosome segregation and cytokinesis, respectively...
- Localized Aurora B activity spatially controls non-kinetochore microtubules during spindle assemblyMarvin E Tanenbaum
Department of Medical Oncology and Cancer Genomics Centre, University Medical Center Utrecht, The Netherlands
Chromosoma 120:599-607. 2011..In addition to the small GTPase Ran, there is evidence that Aurora B kinase might also generate a spatial cue around chromosomes but direct proof for this is still lacking...
- A complex of Kif18b and MCAK promotes microtubule depolymerization and is negatively regulated by Aurora kinasesMarvin E Tanenbaum
Department of Experimental Oncology and Cancer Genomics Center, University Medical Center Utrecht, 3584 CG Utrecht, The Netherlands
Curr Biol 21:1356-65. 2011..The Aurora kinases have several well-described functions during cell division, but it remains unclear whether they control global spindle microtubule dynamics...
- An ECT2-centralspindlin complex regulates the localization and function of RhoAOzlem Yüce
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, 1030, Vienna, Austria
J Cell Biol 170:571-82. 2005..Thus, central spindle localization of ECT2 assists division plane positioning and the CYK-4 subunit of centralspindlin acts upstream of RhoA to promote furrow assembly...
- Suppression of polyploidy by the BRCA2 proteinEvgeny Sagulenko
Department of Tumor Genetics B030, German Cancer Research Centre, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Cancer Lett 257:65-72. 2007..Compared with MX-1, the ectopically BRCA2-expressing cells had different intracellular levels of Aurora A, Aurora B, p21, E2F-1, and pRb, suggesting a BRCA2-mediated suppression of polyploidy via stabilization of the checkpoint ..
- Aurora B-mediated abscission checkpoint protects against tetraploidizationPatrick Steigemann
Institute of Biochemistry, Swiss Institute of Technology Zurich, ETHZ, Zurich, Switzerland
Cell 136:473-84. 2009..First, we found that Aurora B inactivation promotes completion of cytokinesis by abscission...
- Mitotic regulation of the stability of microtubule plus-end tracking protein EB3 by ubiquitin ligase SIAH-1 and Aurora mitotic kinasesReiko Ban
Department of Biochemistry, Shimane University School of Medicine, Izumo 693 8501, Japan
J Biol Chem 284:28367-81. 2009..Our results provide new insight into a regulatory mechanism of +TIPs in cell cycle transition...
- Histone H3 Thr-3 phosphorylation by Haspin positions Aurora B at centromeres in mitosisFangwei Wang
Division of Rheumatology, Immunology, and Allergy, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Smith Building, 1 Jimmy Fund Way, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Science 330:231-5. 2010b>Aurora B is a component of the chromosomal passenger complex (CPC) required for correct spindle-kinetochore attachments during chromosome segregation and for cytokinesis...
- Shugoshin enables tension-generating attachment of kinetochores by loading Aurora to centromeresShigehiro A Kawashima
Laboratory of Chromosome Dynamics, Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, Yayoi, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
Genes Dev 21:420-35. 2007..We propose that ensuring bipolar attachment of kinetochores is the primary role of shugoshin and the role of cohesion protection might have codeveloped to facilitate this process...
- Aurora-B associated protein phosphatases as negative regulators of kinase activationKeiichi Sugiyama
Department of Biochemistry II, Nagoya University School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 0065, Japan
Oncogene 21:3103-11. 2002..We found that this enzyme is an arginine-directed kinase that can phosphorylate histone H3 at serines 10 and 28 in vitro, suggesting that human Aurora-B is a mitotic histone H3 kinase...
- Survivin enhances Aurora-B kinase activity and localizes Aurora-B in human cellsJun Chen
Abbott Laboratories, Cancer Research, AP10 1, Abbott Park, Illinois 60064, USA
J Biol Chem 278:486-90. 2003..These results indicate that survivin stimulates Aurora-B kinase activity and helps correctly target Aurora-B to its substrates during the cell cycle, thus providing a mechanism as to how survivin exerts its function in human cells...
- Regulation of cell cycle progression and gene expression by H2A deubiquitinationHeui Yun Joo
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Kaul Human Genetics Building 402A, 720 South 20th Street, Birmingham, Alabama 35294, USA
Nature 449:1068-72. 2007..This study identifies the major deubiquitinase for histone H2A and demonstrates that H2A deubiquitination is critically involved in cell cycle progression and gene expression...
- Mitotic control of kinetochore-associated dynein and spindle orientation by human SpindlyYing Wai Chan
Department of Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
J Cell Biol 185:859-74. 2009..show that localization of human Spindly (hSpindly) to KTs is controlled by the Rod/Zw10/Zwilch (RZZ) complex and Aurora B. hSpindly depletion results in reduced inter-KT tension, unstable KT fibers, an extensive prometaphase delay, and ..
- A small C-terminal sequence of Aurora B is responsible for localization and functionLaetitia Scrittori
Institut Albert Bonniot, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, 38706 La Tronche Cedex, France
Mol Biol Cell 16:292-305. 2005b>Aurora B, a protein kinase required in mitosis, localizes to inner centromeres at metaphase and the spindle midzone in anaphase and is required for proper chromosome segregation and cytokinesis...
- Distinct roles of BARD1 isoforms in mitosis: full-length BARD1 mediates Aurora B degradation, cancer-associated BARD1beta scaffolds Aurora B and BRCA2Stephan Ryser
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Molecular Gynecology and Obstetrics Laboratory, University Hospitals Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
Cancer Res 69:1125-34. 2009..BARD1, but not BRCA1, localizes to the midbody at telophase and cytokinesis, where it colocalizes with Aurora B. The 97-kDa full-length (FL) BARD1 coimmunoprecipates with BRCA1, but the 82-kDa BARD1beta coimmunoprecipitates ..
- Bub1 and aurora B cooperate to maintain BubR1-mediated inhibition of APC/CCdc20Christopher J Morrow
Faculty of Sciences, University of Manchester, The Michael Smith Building, Oxford Road, Manchester, M13 9PT, UK
J Cell Sci 118:3639-52. 2005..However, in human somatic cells Bub1 and aurora B kinase activity do not appear to be essential for spindle checkpoint function...
- Aurora B kinase regulates the postmitotic endoreduplication checkpoint via phosphorylation of the retinoblastoma protein at serine 780Jayasree S Nair
Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Mol Biol Cell 20:2218-28. 2009The phenotypic change characteristic of Aurora B inhibition is the induction of polyploidy...
- Regulation of aurora B kinase by the lipid raft protein flotillin-1Valentí Gómez
Unitat de Recerca Biomedica, Institut de Recerca Hospital Vall d Hebron, 08035 Barcelona, Spain
J Biol Chem 285:20683-90. 2010..Here we show that it is critical for the maintenance of the levels of the mitotic regulator Aurora B. Knockdown of Flotillin-1 induced aberrant mitotic events similar to those produced by Aurora B depletion and led ..
- Aurora-B phosphorylation in vitro identifies a residue of survivin that is essential for its localization and binding to inner centromere protein (INCENP) in vivoSally P Wheatley
Chromosome Structure Laboratory, Wellcome Centre for Cell Biology, Institute of Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Edinburgh, Mayfield Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 279:5655-60. 2004..These data suggest that phosphorylation of survivin at threonine 117 by aurora-B may regulate targeting of survivin, and possibly the entire passenger complex, in mammals...
- Phosphorylation by aurora B converts MgcRacGAP to a RhoGAP during cytokinesisYukinori Minoshima
Division of Hematopoietic Factors, The Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Dev Cell 4:549-60. 2003..Among these, Aurora B, RhoA, and the GAP MgcRacGAP have been implicated in cytokinesis, but their underlying mechanisms of action have ..
- The chromosomal passenger complex is required for chromatin-induced microtubule stabilization and spindle assemblySrinath C Sampath
Laboratory of Chromosome and Cell Biology, The Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Cell 118:187-202. 2004..B, two new components of the vertebrate chromosomal passenger complex containing Incenp, Survivin, and the kinase Aurora B, and demonstrate that this complex is required for chromatin-induced microtubule stabilization and spindle ..
- Midzone activation of aurora B in anaphase produces an intracellular phosphorylation gradientBrian G Fuller
Department of Biochemistry, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Nature 453:1132-6. 2008..Here we examine the anaphase dynamics of protein phosphorylation by aurora B kinase, a key mitotic regulator, using fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET)-based sensors in living HeLa ..
- Phosphatase inhibitor-2 balances protein phosphatase 1 and aurora B kinase for chromosome segregation and cytokinesis in human retinal epithelial cellsWeiping Wang
Center for Cell Signaling, Departments of Microbiology and Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:4852-62. 2008..Inhibition of Aurora B by hesperadin produced multinucleated cells and reduced H3S10 phosphorylation...
- Sensing chromosome bi-orientation by spatial separation of aurora B kinase from kinetochore substratesDan Liu
Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Science 323:1350-3. 2009..b>Aurora B kinase regulates chromosome-spindle attachments by phosphorylating kinetochore substrates that bind microtubules...
- cDNA cloning, expression, subcellular localization, and chromosomal assignment of mammalian aurora homologues, aurora-related kinase (ARK) 1 and 2M Shindo
Department of Immunology, Juntendo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 244:285-92. 1998..Here we have identified mammalian aurora homologues, designated aurora-related kinase (ARK) 1 and ARK2. Kinase domains of murine ARK1 and ARK2 showed 61 and 62% identity, respectively, to that of aurora at the amino ..
- Multinuclearity and increased ploidy caused by overexpression of the aurora- and Ipl1-like midbody-associated protein mitotic kinase in human cancer cellsM Tatsuka
Department of Regulatory Radiobiology, Research Institute for Radiation Biology and Medicine, Hiroshima University, Japan
Cancer Res 58:4811-6. 1998Aurora- and Ipl1-like midbody-associated protein (AIM-1) is a serine/ threonine kinase that is structurally related to Drosophila aurora and Saccharomyces cerevisiae Ipl1, both of which are required for chromosome segregation...
- Incenp and an aurora-like kinase form a complex essential for chromosome segregation and efficient completion of cytokinesisS Kaitna
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Dr Bohr Gasse 7, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
Curr Biol 10:1172-81. 2000..The inner centromere protein (Incenp)has been implicated in both chromosome segregation and cytokinesis, but it is not known exactly how it mediates these two distinct processes...
- INCENP is required for proper targeting of Survivin to the centromeres and the anaphase spindle during mitosisS P Wheatley
Chromosome Structure Group, Institute of Cell and Molecular Biology, Swann Building, University of Edinburgh, King s Buildings, Mayfield Road, EH9 3JR, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Curr Biol 11:886-90. 2001..Our data provide the first biochemical evidence that Survivin can interact directly with members of the chromosomal passenger complex...
- CENP-A is phosphorylated by Aurora B kinase and plays an unexpected role in completion of cytokinesisS G Zeitlin
Department of Cell Biology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Cell Biol 155:1147-57. 2001b>Aurora B is a mitotic protein kinase that phosphorylates histone H3, behaves as a chromosomal passenger protein, and functions in cytokinesis...
- Mitotic phosphorylation of histone H3: spatio-temporal regulation by mammalian Aurora kinasesClaudia Crosio
Institut de Genetique et de Biologie Moleculaire et Cellulaire, CNRS INSERM Universite Louis Pasteur, 67404 Illkirch Strasbourg, France
Mol Cell Biol 22:874-85. 2002..Since Aurora-A and Aurora-B are known to be overexpressed in a variety of human cancers, our findings provide an attractive link between cell transformation, chromatin modifications and a specific kinase system...
- Functional significance of the specific sites phosphorylated in desmin at cleavage furrow: Aurora-B may phosphorylate and regulate type III intermediate filaments during cytokinesis coordinatedly with Rho-kinaseAie Kawajiri
Division of Biochemistry, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8681, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 14:1489-500. 2003..The results presented here suggest the possibility that Aurora-B may regulate cleavage furrow-specific phosphorylation and segregation of type III IFs coordinatedly with Rho-kinase during cytokinesis...
- Autophosphorylation of a newly identified site of Aurora-B is indispensable for cytokinesisYoshihiro Yasui
Division of Biochemistry, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, Chikusa ku, Nagoya, Aichi 464 8681, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:12997-3003. 2004..These results indicate that the phosphorylation of Thr-232 is an essential regulatory mechanism for Aurora-B activation...
- Correcting improper chromosome-spindle attachments during cell divisionMichael A Lampson
Laboratory of Chemistry and Cell Biology, Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Nat Cell Biol 6:232-7. 2004..Our results provide direct evidence for a mechanism required for the maintenance of genome integrity during cell division...
- Borealin: a novel chromosomal passenger required for stability of the bipolar mitotic spindleReto Gassmann
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, School of Biological Sciences, University of Edinburgh, Kings Buildings, Mayfield Rd, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, Scotland, UK
J Cell Biol 166:179-91. 2004The chromosomal passenger complex of Aurora B kinase, INCENP, and Survivin has essential regulatory roles at centromeres and the central spindle in mitosis. Here, we describe Borealin, a novel member of the complex...
- Relocation of Aurora B from centromeres to the central spindle at the metaphase to anaphase transition requires MKlp2Ulrike Gruneberg
Department of Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Martinsried, Germany
J Cell Biol 166:167-72. 2004..of MKlp1 and MKlp2, two vertebrate mitotic kinesins essential for cytokinesis, in the spatial regulation of the Aurora B kinase...
- Survivin dynamics increases at centromeres during G2/M phase transition and is regulated by microtubule-attachment and Aurora B kinase activityVictoria A Beardmore
Department of Cell Biology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 940 Stanton L Young Boulevard, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
J Cell Sci 117:4033-42. 2004..Survivin physically associates with Aurora B, a serine-threonine kinase involved in microtubule attachment to centromeres and regulation of chromosome ..
- Aurora-C kinase is a novel chromosomal passenger protein that can complement Aurora-B kinase function in mitotic cellsKaori Sasai
Department of Molecular Pathology, Division of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cell Motil Cytoskeleton 59:249-63. 2004..Finally, Aurora-C could rescue the Aurora-B silenced multinucleation phenotype, demonstrating that Aurora-C kinase function overlaps with and complements Aurora-B kinase function in mitosis...
- Aurora B overexpression associates with the thyroid carcinoma undifferentiated phenotype and is required for thyroid carcinoma cell proliferationRosanna Sorrentino
Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, Universita Federico II, Via S Pansini 5, 80131 Napoli, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:928-35. 2005..b>Aurora B mediates chromosome segregation by ensuring orientation of sister chromatids and overexpression of Aurora B in ..
- Overexpression of an Aurora-C kinase-deficient mutant disrupts the Aurora-B/INCENP complex and induces polyploidyHua Ling Chen
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, 128, Academia Road, Sec 2, Taipei, 11529, Taiwan, ROC
J Biomed Sci 12:297-310. 2005..Together, our results showed that Aurora-C is a chromosomal passenger protein, which may serve as a key regulator in cell division...
- Mitotic requirement for aurora A kinase is bypassed in the absence of aurora B kinaseHui Yang
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
FEBS Lett 579:3385-91. 2005..treatment of cells with dual aurora A and B kinase inhibitors produces phenotypes identical to inactivation of aurora B. We found that dual aurora kinase inhibitors in fact potently inhibit cellular activities of both kinases, ..
- Histone H3 serine 10 phosphorylation by Aurora B causes HP1 dissociation from heterochromatinToru Hirota
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Dr Bohrgasse 7, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
Nature 438:1176-80. 2005..During mitosis, H3 is also phosphorylated by the kinase Aurora B. Although H3 phosphorylation is a hallmark of mitosis, its function remains mysterious...
- Survivin mediates targeting of the chromosomal passenger complex to the centromere and midbodyGerben Vader
Division of Molecular Biology, Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
EMBO Rep 7:85-92. 2006..Thus, Survivin is an important mediator of centromere and midbody docking of Aurora-B during mitosis...
- Centromere targeting of the chromosomal passenger complex requires a ternary subcomplex of Borealin, Survivin, and the N-terminal domain of INCENPUlf R Klein
Department of Cell Biology, Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Mol Biol Cell 17:2547-58. 2006The chromosomal passenger complex (CPC), consisting of the serine/threonine kinase Aurora B, the inner centromere protein INCENP, Survivin, and Borealin/DasraB, has essential functions at the centromere in ensuring correct chromosome ..
- Gene expression profiles of the aurora family kinasesYong Shiang Lin
Division of Molecular and Genomic Medicine, National Health Research Institutes, Miaoli County 350, Taiwan, ROC
Gene Expr 13:15-26. 2006....
- Validating Aurora B as an anti-cancer drug targetFiona Girdler
Faculty of Life Sciences, Michael Smith Building, Oxford Road, University of Manchester, Manchester, M13 9PT, UK
J Cell Sci 119:3664-75. 2006..Using molecular genetic approaches, we show that inhibition of Aurora B kinase activity phenocopies ZM447439...
- The Survivin-Crm1 interaction is essential for chromosomal passenger complex localization and functionShirley K Knauer
Georg Speyer Haus, Paul Ehrlich Strasse 42 44, Frankfurt D 60596, Germany
EMBO Rep 7:1259-65. 2006..By contrast, CPC assembly does not seem to require the Survivin-Crm1 interaction. Our report shows the functional significance of the Survivin-Crm1 interface and provides a novel link between the mitotic effector Crm1 and the CPC...
- Aurora-B regulates RNA methyltransferase NSUN2Shiho Sakita-Suto
Department of Molecular Radiobiology, Division of Genome Biology, Research Institute for Radiation Biology and Medicine, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima 734 8553, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 18:1107-17. 2007..These results indicate that Aurora-B participates to regulate the assembly of nucleolar RNA-processing machinery and the RNA methyltransferase activity of NSUN2 via phosphorylation at Ser139 during mitosis...
- Aurora-B expression and its correlation with cell proliferation and metastasis in oral cancerGuangying Qi
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathobiology, Division of Frontier Medical Science, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima, 734 8553, Japan
Virchows Arch 450:297-302. 2007..These findings suggest that Aurora-B may be involved in tumor progression and that Aurora-B can be a new diagnostic and therapeutic target for OSCC...
- Aurora B controls the association of condensin I but not condensin II with mitotic chromosomesJesse J Lipp
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology, Dr Bohrgasse 7, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
J Cell Sci 120:1245-55. 2007..Here we show that the mitotic kinase Aurora B regulates the association of condensin I, but not the interaction of condensin II with chromatin...
- Phosphorylation by aurora-B negatively regulates survivin function during mitosisSally P Wheatley
Genome Damage and Stability Centre, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, UK
Cell Cycle 6:1220-30. 2007Survivin operates in a complex with aurora B kinase and is phosphorylated by it on threonine 117 in vitro. Here we ask whether phosphorylation of survivin by aurora B kinase regulates its function during mitosis in vivo...
- A Cul3-based E3 ligase removes Aurora B from mitotic chromosomes, regulating mitotic progression and completion of cytokinesis in human cellsIzabela Sumara
Institute of Biochemistry, ETH Zurich, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
Dev Cell 12:887-900. 2007..b>Aurora B directly binds to the substrate-recognition domain of KLHL9 and KLHL13 in vitro, and coimmunoprecipitates with ..
- Shugoshin 1 plays a central role in kinetochore assembly and is required for kinetochore targeting of Plk1Jeroen Pouwels
Medical Biotechnology, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland, Turku, Finland
Cell Cycle 6:1579-85. 2007..Here we show that depletion or chemical inhibition of Aurora B kinase (AurB), the catalytic subunit of the CPC, disrupts accumulation of Sgo1 on the kinetochores in HeLa cells ..
- Structure of a Survivin-Borealin-INCENP core complex reveals how chromosomal passengers travel togetherA Arockia Jeyaprakash
Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry, Am Klopferspitz 18, D 82152 Martinsried, Germany
Cell 131:271-85. 2007..three components of the CPC that regulate the activity and localization of its enzymatic component, the kinase Aurora B. We determined the 1...
- Mps1 phosphorylates Borealin to control Aurora B activity and chromosome alignmentNannette Jelluma
Department of Medical Oncology, Laboratory of Experimental Oncology, UMC Utrecht, Universiteitsweg 100, 3584 CG, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Cell 132:233-46. 2008..We report that Borealin/DasraB, a member of the complex that regulates the Aurora B kinase, is directly phosphorylated by Mps1 on residues that are crucial for Aurora B activity and chromosome ..
- EB1 promotes Aurora-B kinase activity through blocking its inactivation by protein phosphatase 2ALei Sun
Department of Genetics and Cell Biology, College of Life Sciences, Nankai University, Tianjin 300071, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:7153-8. 2008..These findings establish Aurora-B as an EB1-interacting protein and suggest that EB1 stimulates Aurora-B activity through antagonizing its dephosphorylation/inactivation by PP2A...
- Phosphorylation of HsMis13 by Aurora B kinase is essential for assembly of functional kinetochoreYong Yang
Hefei National Laboratory for Physical Sciences at Micro scale and University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei 230027, China
J Biol Chem 283:26726-36. 2008..Here we show that phosphorylation of human HsMis13 by Aurora B kinase is required for functional kinetochore assembly in HeLa cells...
- Binding partner switching on microtubules and aurora-B in the mitosis to cytokinesis transitionNurhan Ozlu
Department of Systems Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 9:336-50. 2010..Concretely, we report a central role for Aurora-B in regulating the C phase cytoskeleton...
- Analysis of Aurora B kinase in non-Hodgkin lymphomaTakayuki Ikezoe
Department of Hematology and Respiratory Medicine, Kochi University, Japan
Lab Invest 89:1364-73. 2009This study explored the levels of Aurora B, a key regulator of mitosis, in 71 lymph nodes and tumor specimens excised operatively from individuals with various types of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHLs)...
- Overexpression of Aurora B is associated with poor prognosis in epithelial ovarian cancer patientsYi Jen Chen
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Virchows Arch 455:431-40. 2009Recent studies have indicated that Aurora B expression is related to cell proliferation and prognosis in many cancers, but its association with epithelial ovarian carcinoma is not fully understood...
- Aurora B-mediated phosphorylation of RASSF1A maintains proper cytokinesis by recruiting Syntaxin16 to the midzone and midbodySu Jung Song
National Research Laboratory for Genomic Stability, Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon, South Korea
Cancer Res 69:8540-4. 2009b>Aurora B is critically involved in ensuring proper cytokinesis and maintaining genomic stability...
- INCENP-aurora B interactions modulate kinase activity and chromosome passenger complex localizationZhenjie Xu
Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH9 3JR, Scotland, UK
J Cell Biol 187:637-53. 2009..In this study, we investigate how interactions between the INCENP C terminus and aurora B set the level of kinase activity...
- MST1 limits the kinase activity of aurora B to promote stable kinetochore-microtubule attachmentHyun Jung Oh
Department of Biological Sciences, Biomedical Research Center, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Daejeon 305 701, Korea
Curr Biol 20:416-22. 2010..We now show that MST1 promotes accurate kinetochore-microtubule attachment by modulating the kinase activity of Aurora B. HeLa cells depleted of MST1 failed to develop stable end-on kinetochore-microtubule attachment, giving rise to ..
- Identification of Myb-binding protein 1A (MYBBP1A) as a novel substrate for aurora B kinaseClaudia Perrera
Nerviano Medical Sciences, Nerviano 20014 MI, Italy
J Biol Chem 285:11775-85. 2010..Using biochemical, mass spectrometric, and cellular approaches, we identified MYBBP1A as a novel Aurora B substrate and serine 1303 as the major phosphorylation site...
- Regulated targeting of protein phosphatase 1 to the outer kinetochore by KNL1 opposes Aurora B kinaseDan Liu
Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Cell Biol 188:809-20. 2010..The Aurora B kinase phosphorylates kinetochore substrates to destabilize kinetochore-microtubule interactions and eliminate ..
- Inner centromere formation requires hMis14, a trident kinetochore protein that specifically recruits HP1 to human chromosomesTomomi Kiyomitsu
Core Research for Evolutional Science and Technology Research Program, Japan Science and Technology Corporation, Department of Gene Mechanisms, Graduate School of Biostudies, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Cell Biol 188:791-807. 2010..interaction with HP1 disrupt the inner centromere, characterized by the absence of hSgo1 (Shugoshin-like 1) and aurora B. The assembly of HP1 in the inner centromere and the localization of hMis14 at the kinetochore are mutually ..
- Aurora B and 14-3-3 coordinately regulate clustering of centralspindlin during cytokinesisMax E Douglas
The Wellcome Trust Cancer Research UK Gurdon Institute, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QN, UK
Curr Biol 20:927-33. 2010..Stable accumulation of centralspindlin at the spindle midzone requires its multimerization into clusters and Aurora B kinase activity, which peaks at the central spindle during anaphase...
- Aurora B phosphorylates spatially distinct targets to differentially regulate the kinetochore-microtubule interfaceJulie P I Welburn
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Mol Cell 38:383-92. 2010..Here we demonstrate that Aurora B kinase phosphorylates three spatially distinct targets within the conserved outer kinetochore KNL1/Mis12 complex/..
- Relocation of the chromosomal passenger complex prevents mitotic checkpoint engagement at anaphaseMaría Dolores Vázquez-Novelle
Cell Division and Aneuploidy Laboratory, Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, Clare Hall Laboratories, Blanche Lane, South Mimms, Hertfordshire, UK
Curr Biol 20:1402-7. 2010..prevents mitotic checkpoint reactivation when sister centromeres are split and tension is lost at anaphase onset? Aurora B kinase, the catalytic subunit of the chromosomal passenger protein complex (CPC) , acts as a sensor at inner ..
- System-level analysis of neuroblastoma tumor-initiating cells implicates AURKB as a novel drug target for neuroblastomaOlena Morozova
Genome Sciences Centre, BC Cancer Agency, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 16:4572-82. 2010..NB tumor-initiating cells (TICs), isolated from metastases and primary tumors, may escape treatment and contribute to tumor relapse. New therapies that target the TICs may therefore prevent or treat tumor recurrences...
- High expression of AURKA and AURKB is associated with unfavorable cytogenetic abnormalities and high white blood cell count in patients with acute myeloid leukemiaAntonio R Lucena-Araujo
Department of Internal Medicine, Hematology Division, National Institute of Science and Technology on Cell Based Therapy, Medical School of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Av Bandeirantes 3900, 14048 900 Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Leuk Res 35:260-4. 2011..001). In conclusion, we described a significant association between overexpression of AURKA/B and cytogenetics findings in AML, which may be relevant to new therapeutic approaches, based on Aurora kinase inhibitors...
- Aurora B kinase controls the targeting of the Astrin-SKAP complex to bioriented kinetochoresJens C Schmidt
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research, Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
J Cell Biol 191:269-80. 2010..Although most dynein-associated proteins localize to unaligned kinetochores in an Aurora B-dependent manner, Astrin, SKAP, and LC8 localization is antagonized by Aurora B such that they target exclusively ..
- Aurora B interacts with NIR-p53, leading to p53 phosphorylation in its DNA-binding domain and subsequent functional suppressionLiming Wu
Laboratory of Host Defenses, NIAID, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 286:2236-44. 2011..Using a proteomic approach, we have identified the Aurora kinase B as a novel binding partner of NIR...
- Aurora B kinase activation requires survivin priming phosphorylation by PLK1Youjun Chu
Anhui Key Laboratory of Cellular Dynamics and Chemical Biology, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, China
J Mol Cell Biol 3:260-7. 2011..Accurate attachment of spindle microtubules to kinetochore requires the chromosomal passenger of Aurora B kinase complex with borealin, INCENP and survivin (SUR)...
- Aurora B potentiates Mps1 activation to ensure rapid checkpoint establishment at the onset of mitosisAdrian T Saurin
Molecular Cancer Research and Cancer Genomics Centre, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht 3584 CG, The Netherlands
Nat Commun 2:316. 2011The mitotic checkpoint prevents mitotic exit until all chromosomes are attached to spindle microtubules. Aurora B kinase indirectly invokes this checkpoint by destabilizing incorrect attachments; however, a more direct role remains ..
- A positive feedback loop involving Haspin and Aurora B promotes CPC accumulation at centromeres in mitosisFangwei Wang
Division of Rheumatology, Immunology and Allergy, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Curr Biol 21:1061-9. 2011..In addition, CPC binding to shugoshin proteins contributes to centromeric Aurora B localization [5, 6]...
- Feedback control in sensing chromosome biorientation by the Aurora B kinaseKevan J Salimian
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6059, USA
Curr Biol 21:1158-65. 2011..This process relies largely on increased phosphorylation of kinetochore substrates of Aurora B kinase at misaligned versus aligned kinetochores...
- Zwint-1 is a novel Aurora B substrate required for the assembly of a dynein-binding platform on kinetochoresJames M Kasuboski
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
Mol Biol Cell 22:3318-30. 2011b>Aurora B (AurB) is a mitotic kinase responsible for multiple aspects of mitotic progression, including assembly of the outer kinetochore...
- Phosphorylation at serine 331 is required for Aurora B activationEleni Petsalaki
Department of Biology, University of Crete, Heraklion 71409, Greece
J Cell Biol 195:449-66. 2011b>Aurora B kinase activity is required for successful cell division...
- Aurora-B mediated ATM serine 1403 phosphorylation is required for mitotic ATM activation and the spindle checkpointChunying Yang
Department of Radiation Oncology, The Methodist Hospital Research Institute, Weill Cornell Medical College, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cell 44:597-608. 2011..ATM-mediated Bub1 Ser314 phosphorylation is required for Bub1 activity and is essential for the activation of the spindle checkpoint. Collectively, our data highlight mechanisms of a critical function of ATM in mitosis...
- ESCRT-III governs the Aurora B-mediated abscission checkpoint through CHMP4CJeremy G Carlton
Department of Infectious Diseases, King s College London School of Medicine, London, UK
Science 336:220-5. 2012..Accordingly, CHMP4C functioned in the Aurora B-dependent abscission checkpoint to prevent both premature resolution of intercellular chromosome bridges and ..
- Aurora B kinase phosphorylates and instigates degradation of p53Chris P Gully
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Texas, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:E1513-22. 2012b>Aurora B is a mitotic checkpoint kinase that plays a pivotal role in the cell cycle, ensuring correct chromosome segregation and normal progression through mitosis...
- FBXW7 is involved in Aurora B degradationChieh Lin Teng
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Cell Cycle 11:4059-68. 2012..b>Aurora B is a mitotic checkpoint kinase that plays a pivotal role in mitosis by ensuring correct chromosome segregation ..
- Aurora-B overexpression is correlated with aneuploidy and poor prognosis in non-small cell lung cancerMasafumi Takeshita
Division of Pathophysiological and Experimental Pathology, Department of Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Lung Cancer 80:85-90. 2013..Thus, Aurora-B may serve as a new therapeutic target in against patients with NSCLC, although further studies will be necessary...
- Spindle assembly checkpoint gene expression in childhood adrenocortical tumors (ACT): Overexpression of Aurora kinases A and B is associated with a poor prognosisKleiton Silva Borges
Department of Genetics, Ribeirao Preto Medical School, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Pediatr Blood Cancer 60:1809-16. 2013..Pediatric adrenocortical tumors (ACT) are rare malignancies and treatment has a small impact on survival in advanced disease and the discovery of potential target genes could be important in new therapeutic approaches...
- Phosphorylation of myosin II-interacting guanine nucleotide exchange factor (MyoGEF) at threonine 544 by aurora B kinase promotes the binding of polo-like kinase 1 to MyoGEFDi Wu
From the Department of Biological Sciences, Fordham University, Bronx, New York 10458
J Biol Chem 289:7142-50. 2014..In this study we report that aurora B-mediated phosphorylation of MyoGEF at Thr-544 creates a docking site for Plk1, leading to the localization and ..
- Identification of the substrates and interaction proteins of aurora kinases from a protein-protein interaction modelAn Chi Tien
Division of Molecular and Genomic Medicine, National Health Research Institutes, Taipei 115, Taiwan, Republic of China
Mol Cell Proteomics 3:93-104. 2004..Together, these results justify the timely implementation of in silico biology in routine wet-lab studies and have also allowed the application of a new approach to the elucidation of protein function in the post-genomic era...
- High expression of Aurora-B/Aurora and Ipll-like midbody-associated protein (AIM-1) in astrocytomasKasumi Araki
Department of Neurosurgery, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
J Neurooncol 67:53-64. 2004..We analyzed the effects of modification of Aurora-B/AIM-1 expression on the growth of a human glioma cell line and the expression of Aurora-B/AIM-1 in astrocytomas...
- Human AIM-1: cDNA cloning and reduced expression during endomitosis in megakaryocyte-lineage cellsH Katayama
Department of Regulatory Radiobiology, Research Institute for Radiation Biology and Medicine, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima 734 8553, Japan
Gene 224:1-7. 1998The rat AIM-1 gene encoding an Aurora- and Ipl1-like midbody-associated protein serine/threonine kinase has a mitotic regulator function playing a key role in the onset of cytokinesis during mitosis...
- A homologue of Drosophila aurora kinase is oncogenic and amplified in human colorectal cancersJ R Bischoff
SUGEN, Inc, Redwood City, California 94063, USA
EMBO J 17:3052-65. 1998..These include the Drosophila aurora and yeast Ipl1 kinases that are required for centrosome maturation and chromosome segregation...
- The aurora B kinase AIR-2 regulates kinetochores during mitosis and is required for separation of homologous Chromosomes during meiosisSusanne Kaitna
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology IMP, Dr Bohr Gasse 7, A 1030, Vienna, Austria
Curr Biol 12:798-812. 2002..The mechanisms responsible for orienting kinetochores in mitosis and for causing asynchronous loss of cohesion during meiosis are not well understood...
- The Aurora Kinase in Trypanosoma brucei plays distinctive roles in metaphase-anaphase transition and cytokinetic initiationZiyin Li
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
PLoS Pathog 5:e1000575. 2009b>Aurora B kinase is an essential regulator of chromosome segregation with the action well characterized in eukaryotes...
- The chromosomal passenger complex and a mitotic kinesin interact with the Tousled-like kinase in trypanosomes to regulate mitosis and cytokinesisZiyin Li
Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e3814. 2008b>Aurora B kinase plays essential roles in mitosis and cytokinesis in eukaryotes...
- Condensin phosphorylated by the Aurora-B-like kinase Ark1 is continuously required until telophase in a mode distinct from Top2Norihiko Nakazawa
Okinawa Institute and Science Technology Promotion Corporation, 1919 1 Tancha, Onna Son, Kunigami, Okinawa 904 0412, Japan
J Cell Sci 124:1795-807. 2011..In telophase, the condensin subunits in cut14-208 mutant accumulated in lumps that contained telomeric DNA and proteins that failed to segregate. Condensin might thus serve to keep the segregated chromosomes apart during telophase...
- The prevalence of C807T mutation of glycoprotein Ia gene among young male survivors of myocardial infarction: a relation with coronary angiography resultsKrzysztof Lewandowski
Department of Haematology, University of Medical Sciences, ul Szamarzewskiego 89, 60 569 Poznan, Poland
Kardiol Pol 63:107-13; discussion114. 2005..Moreover, platelet thrombus formation is significantly influenced by genetic variations of the GPIb alpha and GPIa receptors and is dependent on the blood flow rate...
- Analysis of mitotic phosphorylation of borealinHarpreet Kaur
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Toledo, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
BMC Cell Biol 8:5. 2007The main role of the chromosomal passenger complex is to ensure that Aurora B kinase is properly localized and activated before and during mitosis...
- Specific primary sequence requirements for Aurora B kinase-mediated phosphorylation and subcellular localization of TMAP during mitosisHyun Jun Kim
Department of Molecular Cell Biology and Samsung Biomedical Research Institute, Sungkyunkwan University School of Medicine, Jangangu, Suwon, Republic of Korea
Cell Cycle 9:2027-36. 2010..Here, we report that TMAP is a novel substrate of the Aurora B kinase. Ser627 of TMAP was specifically phosphorylated by Aurora B both in vitro and in vivo...
- Human RASSF7 regulates the microtubule cytoskeleton and is required for spindle formation, Aurora B activation and chromosomal congression during mitosisAsha Recino
Centre for Regenerative Medicine, Department of Biology and Biochemistry, University of Bath, Bath, UK
Biochem J 430:207-13. 2010..the defects in more detail, we analysed the activity of mitotic signalling proteins and found that activation of Aurora B did not occur in cells in which RASSF7 was knocked down...
- Understanding/ Treating Neuropsychiatric Symptoms of Pediatric Physical IllnessEva Szigethy; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic variation and regulatory networks: Mechanisms and complexityDANA PE ER; Fiscal Year: 2009..These tools will be made publicly available, including a friendly graphical user interface and visualization. ..
- Variation in M. tuberculosis in response to host selectionSarah Fortune; Fiscal Year: 2009..In these studies, we expect to provide fundamental insights into the mechanisms and targets of diversifying immune selection in M. tuberculosis. ..
- Kinetochore Function and Cell Cycle Progression RevisionKatsumi Kitagawa; Fiscal Year: 2012..In Aim 1, we will characterize the functions of Dts proteins targeted by the spindle checkpoint...
- Dissection of the Inner Centromere Regulatory NetworkP Todd Stukenberg; Fiscal Year: 2013..localize to the inner centromere are central to these processes and these proteins form a network to regulate the Aurora B kinase which is a member of the chromosome passenger complex...
- Molecular Architecture of the Regional Kinetochore in Fission YeastXiangwei He; Fiscal Year: 2012..comprises of the chromatin foundation of one unit and how multiple units are arranged to form a whole kinetochore (Aim 1)...
- Yinghui Mao; Fiscal Year: 2015..We have further shown that mDia3 is phosphorylated by Aurora B kinase in vitro and expression of a non- phosphorylatable mDia3 mutant in cells had a chromosome misalignment ..
- Regulation of cell division in Trypanosoma bruceiZiyin Li; Fiscal Year: 2011..1999;Li et al., 2008a). Cytokinesis initiation in animals involves Aurora B kinaseand Polo-like kinase (PLK)-mediated phosphorylation of the centralspindlin complex at the central spindle ..
- Hironori Funabiki; Fiscal Year: 2016..on a critical regulator of these processes, the chromosomal passenger complex (CPC), consisting of the kinase Aurora B, and its regulatory subunits, INCENP, Dasra and Survivin...
- Regulation of Borealin Function by Mitotic PhosphorylationWilliam Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2009..The passenger proteins, INCENP, Survivin, Aurora B kinase and Borealin form a complex that binds to centromeres and microtubules and coordinates chromosome ..
- Novel TIRF microscopy analyzing trafficking & signaling at the cell cortexDerek Toomre; Fiscal Year: 2009..of my parent New Innovator (DP2) Award; the DP2's main specific aims are to develop novel microscopes (Aim 1) and analytical tools (Aim 2) to study membrane trafficking at the cell cortex (Aim 3)...
- Claire E Walczak; Fiscal Year: 2016..by applying the tracking algorithms developed in Aim 2 along with the molecular perturbations outlined in Aim 1 to quantitatively analyze pre-anaphase chromosome movement...
- Maria Diakonova; Fiscal Year: 2014..b>Aim1 will determine the role of JAK2-phosphorylated PAK1 in regulating PRL-dependent actin cytoskeleton rearrangement, ..
- Richard M Schultz; Fiscal Year: 2016..Using mouse as a model system and imaging of live individual oocytes, Specific Aim 1 will test the hypothesis that the robustness of the SAC in oocytes decreases with age ...
- Protection of Centromeric Cohesion by Bub1 and Sgo1Hongtao Yu; Fiscal Year: 2010..At prophase, most of cohesin along the chromosome arms is removed through Polo-like kinase (Plk1)/Aurora B-dependent phosphorylation of cohesin...
- MICHAEL ALTERMAN LAMPSON; Fiscal Year: 2016..One of these kinases, Aurora B, localizes to the centromere until anaphase and regulates the attachments of chromosomes to the mitotic spindle...
- Function of the chromosomal kinase haspin in mitosisJONATHAN M HIGGINS; Fiscal Year: 2010..more recent data suggest that haspin is required for the maintenance of sister chromatid cohesion and centromeric aurora B localization prior to anaphase...
- Mob1 Localization and Function During MitosisCharles B Shuster; Fiscal Year: 2012..will: 1) Determine the molecular determinants of Mob1 localization to the kinetochore;2) Dissect how Mob1 affects Aurora B function at the kinetochore;and 3) Assess the involvement of Mob1 in the Lats2-p53 response to cytoskeletal ..
- Polycomb-mediated epigenetic mechanisms in neurodegeneration and aging brainHiroko Yano; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Aim 1: To determine how Rip2 regulates the EED-containing histone H3-K27 methyltransferase, PRC2...
- María Isabel Domínguez; Fiscal Year: 2014..In Aim 1, genetic evidence for a role of CK2 in Wnt/b-catenin pathway activation in vivo will be obtained using mice ..
- REGULATION OF PROTEIN TURNOVER IN SEPSISScot R Kimball; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specific Aim 1 will investigate the contribution of lowered mTOR activity to the decrease in skeletal muscle protein synthesis ..
- Tao Qiu; Fiscal Year: 2015..Specific Aims to accomplish this are: Specific Aim 1: Determine the function of targeted phosphorylation of PTH1R by T2RII in PTH and TGF2 signaling. 1a...
- Mark E Burkard; Fiscal Year: 2015..The tools devised here will be useful for understanding functions of other multifunctional kinases. Approach: AIM 1 of this project seeks to elucidate Plk1 function in chromosome segregation...
- A kinase pathway required for cortical neuron polarizationFranck Polleux; Fiscal Year: 2012..We propose to test this hypothesis by (Aim 1) determining if LKB1 is required throughout the developing CNS and PNS for the specification of neuronal polarity, ..
- Hui Cai; Fiscal Year: 2016..To test this hypothesis, the following specific aims will be proposed: Specific Aim 1: Identify which domains of WNK kinase and Maxi K channel are responsible for their interaction and determine where ..
- B-RAF Regulation of the Cell Cycle in MelanomaAndrew E Aplin; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Aim 1 will analyze Cks1 levels in human tissue samples, B-RAF depleted melanoma cells in a 3-D skin reconstruct model, ..
- DEREK RONALD DUCKETT; Fiscal Year: 2014..In Specific Aim 1 we will develop a novel homogenous high-throughput screening (HTS) compatible assay based on the phosphorylation ..
- Molecular Dissection of the "Pacman-Flux" Machinery Used to Move ChromosomesDAVID JAMES SHARP; Fiscal Year: 2010..There are two specific aims: Aim 1) Elucidate the molecular pathway that stimulates and controls the velocity of microtubule minus-end ..
- Integrated Genomewide Analysis of the lpL1 Kinase Signaling NetworkTony Hazbun; Fiscal Year: 2012..While general in scope, the methods applied in this proposal will focus on the yeast Aurora kinase, Ipl1. Overexpression of the Aurora kinase is established in many cancers and small molecule inhibition results in ..
- LOUIS DANIEL SCAMPAVIA; Fiscal Year: 2015..In the studies of Aim 1, we will miniaturize this assay to 1536- format and perform a HTS campaign against The Scripps Research Institute&..
- Akt-regulated pathways in platelet functionDonna S Woulfe; Fiscal Year: 2011..b>Aim 1 is to elucidate the mechanisms of Akt activation by G protein-coupled receptors, focusing on the ability of ..
- Centrosome and mitotic functions of ciliary proteinsStephen Doxsey; Fiscal Year: 2009..Based on this work we propose the following specific aims: Aim 1. Determine the role of IFT88 complexes in mitosis, particularly spindle organization, and test whether IFT88 ..
- Molecular Analysis of Pericentric Sister Chromatid CohesionPAUL CONNOR MEGEE; Fiscal Year: 2013..We test the veracity of this model in Specific Aim 1 by determining whether loop formation adjacent to the centromere impedes cohesin recruitment in distal sequences...
- Beth A Weaver; Fiscal Year: 2015..Experiments in Aim 1 will determine the mechanism(s) of aneuploidy-mediated cell death, and provide a basis to predict which tumors are ..
- Saghi Ghaffari; Fiscal Year: 2015..The Bresnick and Ghaffari groups will collectively test this hypothesis and elucidate mechanisms. Aim 1 - To elucidate mechanisms underlying FoxO3 regulation of terminal erythroid maturation...
- Regulation of Sororin by Cdk1-mediated Phosphorylation.William R Taylor; Fiscal Year: 2012..This proposal entails two specific aims. Aim 1. Regulation of Sororin phosphorylation by Cdk1 and PP2A...
- Determinants of Efficacy to the Akt Inhibitor Perifosine in Colorectal CancerCathy Eng; Fiscal Year: 2012..Endpoint: Pharma- codynamic biomarker changes will correlate with efficacy of perifosine therapy. ..
- THOMAS JOSEPH MARESCA; Fiscal Year: 2016..The central hypothesis will be tested with three specific aims. Aim 1 will focus on the functional contribution of a tension-dependent structural change, called intrakinetochore ..
- Host factors involved in Listeria monocytogenes spread from cell to cellHERVE F AGAISSE; Fiscal Year: 2010..In this application, we propose to further understand the role of ActA phosphorylation in actin tail formation (Aim 1)...
- Jennifer G DeLuca; Fiscal Year: 2016..chromosome movement? Is kinetochore-MT binding strength regulated through phosphorylation of the NDC80 complex by Aurora B kinase? What phosphatase counter-acts the kinase activity to ensure kinetochore-MT stabilization? These questions ..
- MANIPULATION OF KINASE ACTIVITY BY KSHV LANAS Diane Hayward; Fiscal Year: 2010..The application has two Aims. Aim 1 seeks to identify the global profile of ERK1/2 phosphorylated and ERK1/2 primed, GSK-3 phosphorylated cell ..
- Ambra Pozzi; Fiscal Year: 2016..To test this hypothesis: Aim 1 will analyze the role of T[unreadable]RII-mediated pro-fibrotic signaling in TI injury in the integrin [unreadable]..
- Trichothecene Toxicity and the Ribotoxic Stress ResponseJames J Pestka; Fiscal Year: 2012..To test our hypothesis, three Specific Aims are proposed. In Aim 1, we will characterize DON-induced rRNA cleavage relative to targets, kinetics and mechanisms in the macrophage...
- MATTHEW PETER COGGINS; Fiscal Year: 2014..In Specific Aim 1, we will characterize the cardiac specific IKKB deleted mice at baseline...
- The role of PKD3 in prostate carcinogenesisQiming Jane Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Three specific aims will be tested in this proposal: Specific Aim 1. Determine the role of PKD3 in the pathogenesis of prostate cancer in vivo. Specific Aim 2...
- MOLECULAR ANALYSIS OF CHROMOSOME SEGREGATION IN YEASTClarence Chan; Fiscal Year: 1999..to detect mutations which lead to increases in ploidy, the PI previously isolated a conditional mutation in the IPL1 gene which has significant sequence homology with a number of kinases implicated in chromosome segregation in ..
- THOMAS JOSEPH CARROLL; Fiscal Year: 2016..Nuclear export of Taz and Yap then leads to cellular differentiation. In this proposal, we have two main aims: Aim 1: Define the mechanism for Fat4 action on the Wnt pathway...
- CLIFFORD RUSSELL GREYSON; Fiscal Year: 2016..To test these hypotheses, we propose the following Specific Aims: Specific Aim 1: Employ a new ex vivo model of acute RV pressure overload using rodent RV papillary muscle to confirm findings ..
- Tubulin-Binding Upconversion Nanoparticles for Breast-Cancer Imaging and TherapyChuanbin Mao; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will carry out two specific aims: (1) Aim 1: Evaluate the in vitro MT assembly in the presence of UCNPs with both tubulin-binding peptides and SKBR-3 cancer ..
- Role of Protein Kinase D in Actin Remodeling and Cell MotiliyPeter Storz; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aims will be investigated in this proposal: We will determine how PKD1 regulates ADF/cofilin activity (Specific Aim 1);identify how PKD1 regulates Arp2/3 functions (Specific Aim 2);and analyze how PKD1-mediated phosphorylation of ..
- PTEN Deficiency and Tumor DevelopmentYuxin Yin; Fiscal Year: 2012..Of significant interest was our finding that the levels of Bub1 and aurora B which are two critical mitotic checkpoint regulators are reduced in Pten null cells...
- Receptor/Ligand Signals for Ovarian Follicular AngiogenesisLeon J Spicer; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Specific Aim 1, we will investigate the developmental regulation of ANG and FGF9 mRNA in granulosa cells and FGF9 receptors in ..
- Andrew W Murray; Fiscal Year: 2016..activation by asking if the distance between sister kinetochores regulates the local concentration of Ipl1 (an Aurora B homolog) at the kinetochore, thus monitoring tension at the kinetochore...
- Tpl2 in Carcinogenesis-Related InflammationKATHLEEN LEIGH DECICCO-SKINNER; Fiscal Year: 2011..In Specific Aim 1 we will determine the relationship between Tpl2 and COX-2 in carcinogenesis and inflammation...
- Mechanism controlling centrosome duplicationBarbara E Tanos; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Aim 1, I will employ a two-step disengagement assay using Xenopus egg extracts to examine whether Plk1 metaphase ..
- Determining how the spindle assembly checkpoint monitors chromosome biorientationDavid Wynne; Fiscal Year: 2013..regulation is the chromosomal passenger complex (CPC) that controls the activity of the essential mitotic kinase Aurora B. Highlighting the importance of the CPC to cell cycle control, members of CPC are known to be upregulated in ..
- Induction of Cell Cleavage by the Mitotic SpindleRobert Margolis; Fiscal Year: 2009..Recent analysis in mammalian cells has demonstrated a potential role for passenger proteins such as Survivin, Aurora B, INCENP and TD-60 in this process...
- Ekaterina L Grishchuk; Fiscal Year: 2016..tip-tracking structures and characterizing their ability to move processively with the shortening ends (Aim 1)...
- Characterization of JNK in Cell Cycle ControlZE apos EV A RONAI; Fiscal Year: 2012..To test our hypothesis we propose to carry out the following studies: Aim 1 - Assess the molecular determinants responsible for JNK activity during the cell cycle and determine which of JNK ..
- Stephen L Archer; Fiscal Year: 2016..Anti-fission therapies may constitute an antiproliferative therapy for PAH. Aim 1) Are DRP-1 activation and fission required for the hyperproliferation of PASMC in human PAH? Aim 2) Does post-..
- BIOCHEMICAL AND GENETIC ANALYSIS OF YEAST KINETOCHORESPETER KARL SORGER; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Aim 1. A key inner kinetochore complex comprising CEN DMA, sequence-specific DMA binding proteins, a specialized histone ..
- Lauren Endres; Fiscal Year: 2014..To test this hypothesis we propose the following two aims: AIM 1: Determine if there are increased levels of DNA damage in Abh8-/- MEFs caused by corrupted DNA repair Since Abh8-/-..
- Advanced Center for Latino and MH Systems ResearchMargarita Alegria; Fiscal Year: 2009..The specific aims are to: Aim 1: Identify the information about symptoms and cultural and social context gathered in the initial diagnostic ..
- Transforming PCI Informed Consent into an Evidence-based Decision-making ToolJohn A Spertus; Fiscal Year: 2010..lines) and the Specific Aims of this project (dashed lines) are diagramed in Figure 1 and outlined below: Specific Aim 1: Identify the barriers in implementing individualized informed consents in routine clinical care...
- Astrocytic Ca2+ Signaling in the Ischemic PenumbraMaiken Nedergaard; Fiscal Year: 2011..In Aim 1, we will characterize ATP release in the setting of focal ischemia...
- Prevention of heart failure and death by sphingolipids: outcomes and mechanisms.JOEL KARLINER; Fiscal Year: 2009..In Specific Aim 1, we will study effects of the selective S1P1 receptor agonist SEW 2871 in two models of myocardial infarction...
- DEVELOPMENT EFFECT ON LOOP DIURETIC OTOTOXICITYLeonard Rybak; Fiscal Year: 1999..influence ototoxic sensitivity to loop diuretics include; glucose utilization/energy metabolism in the cochlea (Aim 1) drug distribution and an immature blood-labyrinth barrier (Aim 2) hepatic metabolism of xenobiotics (Aim 3) and ..
- Development of Experimental and Computational Models for Traumatic Aortic RuptureKurosh Darvish; Fiscal Year: 2009..The research has two specific aims which will be carried out in parallel. In Specific Aim 1 a physical model of TAR will be developed...
- Biomarker for liver ischemia/reperfusion-induced injuryMONIKA OLI; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specific Aim 1: Design and develop sandwich ELISA for the quantitative detection of argininosuccinate synthase (ASS)...
- Development and Validation of a Diagnostic Tool for Infant Head Injuries from FalSUSAN SHEPS contact MARGULIES; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Aim 1, biomechanical tolerances of extra-axial hemorrhage (subdural and subarachnoid hemorrhage) are determined by using ..
- Mucosal Immunity and Influenza Vaccines: Phenotype and Role of Activated B CellsHARRY BERNARD GREENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2010..Taking advantage of this opportunity, we propose the following specific aims: Aim 1. Characterize the trafficking receptor profiles of activated IgA and IgG B cells (plasmablasts) after immunization ..
- Computer/Electrical EngineeringTheodore Raphan; Fiscal Year: 2011..We propose two Specific Aims to meet the goals of the research: Specific Aim 1: Develop computer software and electronic hardware that will promote experiments across the Core Center, making ..
- Beauveriolide-Derived Cyclodepsipeptides as a New Class of Anti-Alzheimer's DrugsPaul Wentworth; Fiscal Year: 2010..This project describes the development of a new class of compounds that may prevent and/or AD. ..