Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ATP1A3
Description: ATPase Na+/K+ transporting subunit alpha 3
Alias: AHC2, ATP1A1, CAPOS, DYT12, RDP, sodium/potassium-transporting ATPase subunit alpha-3, ATPase, Na+/K+ transporting, alpha 3 polypeptide, Na(+)/K(+) ATPase alpha(III) subunit, Na(+)/K(+) ATPase alpha-3 subunit, Na+, K+ activated adenosine triphosphatase alpha subunit, Na+/K+ ATPase 3, sodium pump subunit alpha-3, sodium-potassium ATPase catalytic subunit alpha-3, sodium-potassium-ATPase, alpha 3 polypeptide, sodium/potassium-transporting ATPase alpha-3 chain
Publications231 found, 100 shown here
- Mutations in the Na+/K+ -ATPase alpha3 gene ATP1A3 are associated with rapid-onset dystonia parkinsonismPatricia de Carvalho Aguiar
Department of Molecular Genetics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Neuron 43:169-75. 2004..We report the finding of six missense mutations in the gene for the Na+/K+ -ATPase alpha3 subunit (ATP1A3) in seven unrelated families with RDP...
- Rapid-onset dystonia-parkinsonism: linkage to chromosome 19q13P L Kramer
Department of Neurology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201, USA
Ann Neurol 46:176-82. 1999..Neuroimaging studies indicate no degeneration of dopaminergic nerve terminals in RDP, suggesting that this disorder results from a functional deficit, as in dystonia, rather than neuronal loss, as in ..
- The phenotypic spectrum of rapid-onset dystonia-parkinsonism (RDP) and mutations in the ATP1A3 geneAllison Brashear
Department of Neurology, Wake Forest University, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Brain 130:828-35. 2007..as DYT12) is characterized by the abrupt onset of dystonia and parkinsonism and is caused by mutations in the ATP1A3 gene...
- A C-terminal mutation of ATP1A3 underscores the crucial role of sodium affinity in the pathophysiology of rapid-onset dystonia-parkinsonismPatricia Blanco-Arias
Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
Hum Mol Genet 18:2370-7. 2009..Mutations in ATP1A3 encoding the alpha3 isoform cause rapid-onset dystonia-parkinsonism (RDP)...
- The rapid-onset dystonia parkinsonism mutation D923N of the Na+, K+-ATPase alpha3 isoform disrupts Na+ interaction at the third Na+ siteAnja Pernille Einholm
Centre for Membrane Pumps in Cells and Disease PUMPKIN, Danish National Research Foundation, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Aarhus University, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
J Biol Chem 285:26245-54. 2010Rapid-onset dystonia parkinsonism (RDP), a rare neurological disorder, is caused by mutation of the neuron-specific alpha3-isoform of Na(+), K(+)-ATPase. Here, we present the functional consequences of RDP mutation D923N...
- The Na/K-ATPase is obligatory for membrane anchorage of retinoschisin, the protein involved in the pathogenesis of X-linked juvenile retinoschisisUlrike Friedrich
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, 93053 Regensburg, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 20:1132-42. 2011..A recent proteomic approach identified the Na/K-ATPase subunits ATP1A3 and ATP1B2 as binding partners of retinoschisin...
- De novo mutations in ATP1A3 cause alternating hemiplegia of childhoodErin L Heinzen
Center for Human Genome Variation, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Nat Genet 44:1030-4. 2012..sequencing of seven patients with AHC and their unaffected parents to identify de novo nonsynonymous mutations in ATP1A3 in all seven individuals...
- Heterozygous de-novo mutations in ATP1A3 in patients with alternating hemiplegia of childhood: a whole-exome sequencing gene-identification studyHendrik Rosewich
Department of Paediatrics and Paediatric Neurology, Georg August University Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Lancet Neurol 11:764-73. 2012..Almost all cases of AHC are sporadic but AHC concordance in monozygotic twins and dominant transmission in a family with a milder phenotype have been reported. Thus, we aimed to identify de-novo mutations associated with this disease...
- ATP1A3 mutations in infants: a new rapid-onset dystonia-Parkinsonism phenotype characterized by motor delay and ataxiaAllison Brashear
Department of Neurology, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Dev Med Child Neurol 54:1065-7. 2012..of delayed motor development, hypotonia, and ataxia in two young children with mutations (R756H and D923N) in the ATP1A3 gene...
- Identification of ATP1A3 mutations by exome sequencing as the cause of alternating hemiplegia of childhood in Japanese patientsAtsushi Ishii
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Fukuoka University, Fukuoka, Japan
PLoS ONE 8:e56120. 2013..Recent studies from the U.S. and Europe have described ATP1A3 mutations in AHC. However, the genotype-phenotype relationship remains unclear...
- Interaction of molasses and monensin in alfalfa hay- or corn silage-based diets on rumen fermentation, total tract digestibility, and milk production by Holstein cowsE R Oelker
Department of Animal Sciences, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
J Dairy Sci 92:270-85. 2009..fiber digestibility; however, excess ruminal carbohydrate availability relative to rumen-degradable protein (RDP) can promote energy spilling by microbes, decrease rumen pH, or depress fiber digestibility...
- Analysis of fungal diversity in the wheat rhizosphere by sequencing of cloned PCR-amplified genes encoding 18S rRNA and temperature gradient gel electrophoresisE Smit
Microbiological Laboratory for Health Protection, National Institute of Public Health and the Environment RIVM, NL 3720 BA Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Appl Environ Microbiol 65:2614-21. 1999..The 61 clones that were sequenced matched the sequences of 24 different species in the Ribosomal Database Project (RDP) database. Similarity values ranged from 0.676 to 1...
- Review article: the management of mild to severe acute ulcerative colitisS P L Travis
John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 20:88-92. 2004..in ulcerative colitis have lagged behind those used for Crohn's disease, but several (epidermal growth factor, RDP 58, basiliximab, leucocytapheresis) are on the horizon...
- Endoscopic exposure and stabilization of posterior and inferior branches using the endo-starfish cardiac positioner and the endo-octopus stabilizer for closed-chest beating heart multivessel CABG: hemodynamic changes in the pigPaul F Gründeman
Heart Lung Center Utrecht, Department of Cardiology, University Medical Center Utrecht Rm G02 523, P O Box 85500, 3508 GA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Circulation 108:II34-8. 2003..Using three new prototype devices, we explored the feasibility of endoscopic bypass grafting on these branches and assessed cardiac function during cardiac displacement...
- Gateways to clinical trialsM Bayes
Prous Science, PO Box 540, 08080 Barcelona, Spain
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 26:53-84. 2004..alfa-2(a), peginterferon alfa-2b, pegsunercept, pemetrexed disodium, pregabalin, prilocaine, pyridoxamine; RDP-58, recombinant glucagon-like peptide-1 (7-36) amide, recombinant human ApoA-I milano/phospholipid complex; SB-..
- Dystonia-plus syndromesF Asmus
Department of Neurodegenerative Disease, Hertie Institute for Clinical Brain Research, University of Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
Eur J Neurol 17:37-45. 2010..Patients with this rare phenotype should be screened for mutation in the Na(+)/K(+) ATPase alpha3-subunit (ATP1A3) gene, even if family history is negative...
- 16S rDNA sequence analysis of culturable marine biofilm forming bacteria from a ship's hullD Inbakandan
Centre for Ocean Research, Sathyabama University, Chennai, India
Biofouling 26:893-9. 2010..With an average length of 946 bp, all the 16 sequences were classified using the Ribosomal database project (RDP) and were submitted to the National Center for Biotechnology Information...
- [Genetics of dystonia]C Klein
Neurology Department, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
Nervenarzt 71:431-41. 2000..of paroxysmal dystonia (DYT8-10), X-linked dystonia-parkinsonism (DYT3), and rapid-onset dystonia-parkinsonism (DYT12)...
- [Spatial distribution characteristics and environmental effect of N and P in water body of Taihu Lake]Jian cai Deng
State Key Laboratory of Lake Science and Environment, Nanjing Institute of Geography and Limnology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Nanjing 210008, China
Huan Jing Ke Xue 29:3382-6. 2008..of dissolved and detritus phosphorus in water also significantly correlated with that of total phosphorus with rDP = 0.7477 and rDeP = 0.9260, respectively...
- Carbohydrate source and protein degradability alter lactation, ruminal, and blood measuresM B Hall
US Dairy Forage Research Center, USDA ARS, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Dairy Sci 93:311-22. 2010..that differed in dietary nonfiber carbohydrate (NFC) composition and ruminal degradability of dietary protein (RDP) on production, ruminal, and plasma measures...
- Protein level for alfalfa and corn silage-based diets: II. Nitrogen balance and manure characteristicsM A Wattiaux
Department of Dairy Science, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706, USA
J Dairy Sci 87:3492-502. 2004..DM), respectively) and were formulated for recommended (RP) or excessive (HP) amounts of rumen degradable protein (RDP) and rumen undegradable protein (RUP) according to the guidelines of the National Research Council (NRC)...
- [The study and treatment of dystonias in childhood]S I Pascual-Pascual
Hospital Universitario La Paz, 28046 Madrid, Espana
Rev Neurol 43:S161-8. 2006..Dystonia is after spasticity and tics the most common movement disorder in childhood. The etiology, diagnostic methods and treatment of childhood dystonia is reviewed...
- Effect of incremental urea supplementation of a conventional corn silage-based diet on ruminal ammonia concentration and synthesis of microbial proteinS E Boucher
Department of Animal and Nutritional Sciences, University of New Hampshire, Durham 03824, USA
J Dairy Sci 90:5619-33. 2007..National Research Council (NRC, 2001) requirements for energy and all nutrients except rumen-degradable protein (RDP) and metabolizable protein. Experimental periods lasted 14 d with the first 9 d for adaptation...
- Phylogenetic characterization of a biogas plant microbial community integrating clone library 16S-rDNA sequences and metagenome sequence data obtained by 454-pyrosequencingMagdalena Kröber
Institut für Genomforschung und Systembiologie, Centrum für Biotechnology CeBiTec, Universitat Bielefeld, D 33615 Bielefeld, Germany
J Biotechnol 142:38-49. 2009..Ribosomal Database Project (RDP) Classifier processing of metagenome 16S-rDNA reads revealed abundance of the phyla Firmicutes, Bacteroidetes and ..
- Strategic Environmental Assessment of the Effects of European Union's Regional Development Plans in Doñana National Park (Spain)Juan José Oñate
Departamento de Ecologia, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Spain
Environ Manage 31:642-55. 2003The European Union's Structural Funds are implemented by means of Regional Development Plans (RDP), whose regionally scoped environmental assessment is required...
- The researcher development program: how to extend the involvement of Australian general practitioners in research?Hudson H Birden
Northern Rivers University Department of Rural Health, Lismore, New South Wales, Australia
Rural Remote Health 7:776. 2007This article reviews the Researcher Development Program (RDP) component of the Australian Government's Primary Health Care Research, Evaluation, and Development (PHC RED) strategy, examining critical aspects of program performance and ..
- Cisplatin nephrotoxicity is mediated by gamma glutamyltranspeptidase, not via a C-S lyase governed biotransformation pathwayRichard D Wainford
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics and School of Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Foresterhill, Aberdeen, UK
Toxicology 249:184-93. 2008..Inhibition of aminopeptidase N (AP-N) or renal dipeptidase (RDP) in male Sprague Dawley rats, or in RPT and HPT cell cultures, did not reduce cisplatin toxicity...
- Molecular characterization of a new species of Begomovirus and betasatellite causing leaf curl disease of tomato in IndiaPunam Kumari
Molecular Virology Laboratory, School of Life Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, India
Virus Res 152:19-29. 2010..The recombination detection program (RDP) revealed that these molecules are not an outcome of direct exchange of sequences between existing begomovirus ..
- Quantifying ruminal nitrogen metabolism using the omasal sampling technique in cattle--a meta-analysisG A Broderick
Agricultural Research Service, USDA US Dairy Forage Research Center, 1925 Linden Drive West, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Dairy Sci 93:3216-30. 2010..for increased efficiency with elevated dietary concentrations of crude protein (CP) and rumen-degraded protein (RDP) but these effects were small...
- PRIMROSE: a computer program for generating and estimating the phylogenetic range of 16S rRNA oligonucleotide probes and primers in conjunction with the RDP-II databaseKevin E Ashelford
Cardiff School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, PO Box 915, Cardiff CF10 3TL, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 30:3481-9. 2002..PRIMROSE is designed to use data from the Ribosomal Database Project (RDP) to find potentially useful oligonucleotides with up to two degenerate positions...
- Nitrogen supplementation of corn silages. 1. Effects on feed intake and milk production of dairy cowsA R J Cabrita
Centro de Estudos de Ciência Animal do Instituto de Ciências e Tecnologias Agrárias e Agro Alimentares, Vairão VC, Portugal
J Dairy Sci 86:4008-19. 2003..cows were used to evaluate effects of different proportions of quickly and slowly rumen-degradable protein (RDP), achieved by replacing soybean meal with urea in the concentrates (0, 0.5, and 1% urea)...
- A glimpse under the rim--the composition of microbial biofilm communities in domestic toiletsM Egert
Microbiology Department, Henkel AG and Co KGaA, Dusseldorf, Germany
J Appl Microbiol 108:1167-74. 2010..To determine the microbial composition of biofilms in domestic toilets by molecular means...
- Effect of protein degradability on milk production of dairy ewesC Mikolayunas-Sandrock
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Dairy Sci 92:4507-13. 2009..were formulated to provide similar energy concentrations and varying concentrations of rumen-degradable protein (RDP) and rumen-undegradable protein (RUP): 12% RDP and 4% RUP (12-4) included basal levels of RDP and RUP, 12% RDP and ..
- The randomized shortened dental arch study: tooth lossM H Walter
Department of Prosthetic Dentistry, Technische Universitat Dresden, University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Dental School, Fetscherstrasse 74, 01307 Dresden, Germany
J Dent Res 89:818-22. 2010..was aimed at generating data on outcomes and survival rates for two common treatments, removable dental prostheses (RDP) for molar replacement or no replacement (SDA)...
- Reference drug programs: effectiveness and policy implicationsSebastian Schneeweiss
Harvard Medical School, Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, Brigham and Women s Hospital, 1620 Tremont Street, Suite 3030, Boston, MA 02120, USA
Health Policy 81:17-28. 2007..documents that a higher price for a given drug does not buy greater effectiveness or reduced toxicity, then under RDP such extra costs are not covered...
- [Genetics of dystonia]C Kamm
Universitat Rostock, Klinik und Poliklinik fur Neurologie, Gehlsheimer Strasse 20, Rostock
Fortschr Neurol Psychiatr 77:S32-6. 2009..have only recently been identified include: THAP1, causing adolescent-onset primary dystonia of mixed type (DYT6); ATP1A3, responsible for Rapid-Onset Dystonia-Parkinsonism (RDP, DYT12); PRKRA, causing young-onset dystonia-parkinsonism (..
- High expression of a C protein beta antigen gene among invasive strains from certain clonally related groups of type Ia and Ib group B streptococciNoriyuki Nagano
Medical Microbiology Laboratory, Funabashi Medical Center, 1 21 1 Kanasugi, Chiba, Japan
Infect Immun 70:4643-9. 2002..strains of group B streptococci can be divided into subtypes based on restriction endonuclease digestion patterns (RDP). Profiles of cell-bound proteins were compared among RDP types...
- Protein level for alfalfa and corn silage-based diets: I. Lactational response and milk urea nitrogenM A Wattiaux
Department of Dairy Science, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706, USA
J Dairy Sci 87:3480-91. 2004..source when the diet was balanced for recommended (RP) or excessive (HP) amounts of rumen degradable protein (RDP) and undegradable protein (RUP) according to the recommendations of the National Research Council (NRC)...
- Lactation performance of mid-lactation dairy cows fed ruminally degradable protein at concentrations lower than national research council recommendationsJ Cyriac
Department of Dairy Science, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg 24061, USA
J Dairy Sci 91:4704-13. 2008..of this study was to test whether feeding of diets containing lower proportions of ruminally degradable protein (RDP) but with a constant proportion of ruminally undegradable protein (RUP) alters feed intake, milk production and ..
- The effects of ruminally degraded protein on rumen fermentation and ammonia losses from manure in dairy cowsM Agle
Department of Animal and Veterinary Science, University of Idaho, Moscow 83844, USA
J Dairy Sci 93:1625-37. 2010This experiment investigated the effect of dietary crude protein (CP) and ruminally degraded protein (RDP) levels on rumen fermentation, digestibility, ammonia emission from manure, and performance of lactating dairy cows...
- Gateways to clinical trialsM Bayes
Prous Science, S A, Barcelona, Spain
Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 26:211-44. 2004..E, pramlintide acetate, prasterone, pregabalin, PX-12; QS-21; Ragaglitazar, ranelic acid distrontium salt, RDP-58, recombinant glucagon-like peptide-1 (7-36) amide, repinotan hydrochloride, rhEndostatin, rh-Lactoferrin, (R)-..
- Comparison of four markers for quantifying microbial protein flow from the rumen of lactating dairy cowsS M Reynal
Department of Dairy Science, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706, USA
J Dairy Sci 88:4065-82. 2005Eight ruminally cannulated lactating cows from a study on the effects of dietary rumen degraded protein (RDP) on production and N metabolism were used to compare 15N, total purines, amino acid (AA) profiles, and urinary excretion of ..
- Effects of silage protein degradability and fermentation acids on metabolizable protein concentration: a meta-analysis of dairy cow production experimentsM Rinne
MTT Agrifood Research Finland, Animal Production Research, FI 31600, Jokioinen, Finland
J Dairy Sci 92:1633-42. 2009..Microbial protein was calculated on the basis of digestible carbohydrates and rumen degradable protein (RDP)...
- Autosomal dominant dystonia-plus with cerebral calcificationsZ K Wszolek
Department of Neurology, Mayo Clinic, 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville, FL 32224, USA
Neurology 67:620-5. 2006..To report genealogic, clinical, imaging, neuropathologic, and genetic data from a Canadian kindred with dystonia and brain calcinosis originally described in 1985...
- COX-2 activity transiently contributes to increased water and NaCl excretion in the polyuric phase after release of ureteral obstructionRikke Nørregaard
The Water and Salt Research Center, University of Aarhus, DK 8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 292:F1322-33. 2007....
- [The influence of hypothermia therapy on enzymology and pathology of lung after cardiac arrest]Zhi Yu Su
Emergency Department, Beijing Chaoyang Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing 100020, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 22:85-8. 2010..To study the effect of hypothermia on pro-inflammatory mediators in serum, the enzymology and pathology of lung tissue...
- The strength of multiple major connector designs under simulated functional loadingTodd E Pienkos
US Army Prosthodontic Residency Program, Fort Gordon, GA, USA
J Prosthet Dent 97:299-304. 2007The design of a removable dental prosthesis (RDP) must balance functional strength, comfort to the patient, and the health of the tissue...
- Platelet function testing during 5-day storage of single and random donor plateletpheresisO Meltem Akay
Department of Hematology, Eskisehir Osmangazi University Medical School, Eskisehir, Turkey
Transfus Apher Sci 36:285-9. 2007..concentrates are routinely manufactured from whole blood by differential centrifugation (random donor platelets-RDP) or by plateletpheresis (single donor platelets-SDP)...
- Insights into the catalytic properties of bamboo vacuolar invertase through mutational analysis of active site residuesTai Hung Chen
Institute of Microbiology and Biochemistry and Department of Biochemical Science and Technology, National Taiwan University, No 1, Sec 4, Roosevelt Road, Taipei 106, Taiwan
Phytochemistry 70:25-31. 2009..showed that its overall structure is similar to GH32 enzymes, and that the three highly conserved motifs, NDPNG, RDP and EC, are located in the active site...
- Ruminal degradation and intestinal digestibility of dried or wet distillers grains with increasing concentrations of condensed distillers solublesZ J Cao
Dairy Science Department, South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD 57007, USA
J Anim Sci 87:3013-9. 2009..001) from 49.3 to 61.2%. Rumen-degraded protein (RDP) was greater (P < 0.001) for wet DG than dried DG (53.1 vs. 38.0%). In addition, RDP increased (P < 0...
- Characterization of Atp1a3 mutant mice as a model of rapid-onset dystonia with parkinsonismMark P DeAndrade
Center for Neurodegeneration and Experimental Therapeutics, Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Behav Brain Res 216:659-65. 2011..Within days, patients will show both dystonia and parkinsonism. Mutations resulting in a loss of function in the ATP1A3 gene have been identified as the cause of RDP...
- Prospective evaluation of platelets prepared by single and random methods during 5 days of storage: aspects related to quality and quantityBekir Kocazeybek
Microbiology and Clinical Microbiology Department, University of Istanbul, Cerrahpasa Medical Faculty, Turkey
Transfus Apher Sci 26:29-34. 2002..single donor platelets (SDP) were obtained by using the MCS Plus apheresis device and the random donor platelets (RDP) were obtained by two-phase centrifugation in the Heraeus 8500i centrifuge device (during the first phase, platelet ..
- RDP58 is a novel and potentially effective oral therapy for ulcerative colitisSimon Travis
Gastroenterology Unit, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Inflamm Bowel Dis 11:713-9. 2005..We therefore evaluated its efficacy and safety in parallel multicenter, double-blind, randomized concept studies in ulcerative colitis (UC)...
- When to choose which retention element to use for removable dental prosthesesNicola U Zitzmann
Clinic for Periodontology, Endodontology, and Cariology, Dental School, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Int J Prosthodont 22:161-7. 2009The aim of this article is to introduce criteria for planning treatment with a removable dental prosthesis (RDP) in a partially dentate arch, including the indications for placement of dental implants...
- BSD: the Biodegradative Strain DatabaseJohn W Urbance
Center for Microbial Ecology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI 48824 1101, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 31:152-5. 2003..msu.edu) is being developed within the phylogenetic framework of the Ribosomal Database Project II (RDPII: http://rdp.cme.msu...
- Patterns of drug compliance with medications to be taken once and twice daily assessed by continuous electronic monitoring in primary careW Kruse
Abteilung für Klinische Pharmakologie, Medizinischen Universitätsklinik Heidelberg Geriatrisches Zentrum Bethanien am Klinikum der Universität Heidelberg
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 32:452-7. 1994..Therefore, electronic compliance monitoring and a new computer software program, the PC-RDP (Reader, Display, Printer) system was used...
- Molecular biology of major components of chloride cellsShigehisa Hirose
Department of Biological Sciences, Tokyo Institute of Technology, 4259 Nagatsuta cho, Midori ku, Yokohama 226 8501, Japan
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 136:593-620. 2003....
- Varying protein and starch in the diet of dairy cows. II. Effects on performance and nitrogen utilization for milk productionI R Ipharraguerre
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana, 61801, USA
J Dairy Sci 88:2556-70. 2005..cows that consume sufficient energy and other nutrients to meet their requirements can be decreased to about 600 to 650 g daily if the source of RDP and RUP are properly matched with the source and amount of carbohydrate in the diet.
- Analysis and test of efficient methods for building recursive deterministic perceptron neural networksDavid A Elizondo
Centre for Computational Intelligence, School of Computing, Faculty of Computing Sciences and Engineering, De Montfort University, Leicester, UK
Neural Netw 20:1095-108. 2007The Recursive Deterministic Perceptron (RDP) feed-forward multilayer neural network is a generalisation of the single layer perceptron topology...
- A system for predicting energy and protein requirements of wild ruminantsTimothy J Hackmann
The Ohio State Interdisciplinary Ph D Program in Nutrition, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Zoo Biol 30:165-88. 2011..This system defines requirements on the basis of net energy (NE), net protein (NP), and ruminally degraded protein (RDP)...
- New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory Researcher Development Program 2005-07: modest investment, considerable outcomesHelen E Cameron
Department of Rural Health, Broken Hill University, Broken Hill, Australia
Aust J Prim Health 19:59-67. 2013This evaluation of the Researcher Development Program (RDP) in NSW and ACT aimed to determine whether the RDP was effective in assisting novice researchers to undertake primary health care research...
- Properties and expression of Na+/K+-ATPase α-subunit isoforms in the brain of the swamp eel, Monopterus albus, which has unusually high brain ammonia toleranceXiu L Chen
Department of Biological Sciences, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Republic of Singapore
PLoS ONE 8:e84298. 2013..albus...
- Prosthetic rehabilitation with collapsible hybrid acrylic resin and permanent silicone soft liner complete denture of a patient with scleroderma-induced microstomiaKunwarjeet Singh
Department of Prosthodontics, Dental Materials and Implantology, Institute of Dental Studies and Technologies, Modinagar, Ghaziabad, India
J Prosthodont 23:412-6. 2014..removable dental prostheses (RDPs) often face the difficulty of being unable to insert or remove a conventional RDP. A sectional-collapsible denture is indicated for the prosthetic management of these patients, but reduced manual ..
- A novel recurrent mutation in ATP1A3 causes CAPOS syndromeMichelle K Demos
Division of Neurology, Department of Pediatrics, University of British Columbia and BC Children s Hospital, Vancouver, BC V6H 3N1, Canada
Orphanet J Rare Dis 9:15. 2014We undertook genetic analysis of three affected families to identify the cause of dominantly-inherited CAPOS (cerebellar ataxia, areflexia, pes cavus, optic atrophy and sensorineural hearing loss) syndrome.
- Alternating Hemiplegia of Childhood mutations have a differential effect on Na(+),K(+)-ATPase activity and ouabain bindingKarl M Weigand
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology 149, Radboud University Medical Centre, P O Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands Electronic address
Biochim Biophys Acta 1842:1010-6. 2014De novo mutations in ATP1A3, the gene encoding the α3-subunit of Na(+),K(+)-ATPase, are associated with the neurodevelopmental disorder Alternating Hemiplegia of Childhood (AHC)...
- Genome-wide identification, 3D modeling, expression and enzymatic activity analysis of cell wall invertase gene family from cassava (Manihot esculenta Crantz)Yuan Yao
Key Laboratory of Biology and Genetic Resources of Tropical Crops, Ministry of Agriculture, Institute of Tropical Bioscience and Biotechnology, Chinese Academy of Tropical Agricultural Sciences, Haikou 571101, China
Int J Mol Sci 15:7313-31. 2014..Their N-terminus domain forms a β-propeller module and three conserved sequence domains (NDPNG, RDP and WECP(V)D), in which the catalytic residues are situated in these domains; while the C-terminus domain consists ..
- Small changes in gene expression of targeted osmoregulatory genes when exposing marine and freshwater threespine stickleback (Gasterosteus aculeatus) to abrupt salinity transfersAnnette Taugbøl
Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis CEES, Department of Biosciences, University of Oslo, Blindern, Norway
PLoS ONE 9:e106894. 2014..Overall, the targeted genes showed highly plastic expression profiles, in addition the expression of ATP1A3 was slightly higher in saltwater adapted fish and KCNH4 and HSP70 had slightly higher expression in freshwater...
- Electroplated and cast double crown-retained removable dental prostheses: 6-year results from a randomized clinical trialThomas Stober
Department of Prosthodontics, University Hospital Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 400, 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Oral Investig 19:1129-36. 2015The purpose of this study was to evaluate the clinical performance of removable dental prostheses (RDP) supported by either electroplated (EP-RDP) or cast (C-RDP) double crowns.
- Microbial structures and community functions of anaerobic sludge in six full-scale wastewater treatment plants as revealed by 454 high-throughput pyrosequencingDuntao Shu
Center for Mitochondrial Biology and Medicine, The Key Laboratory of Biomedical Information Engineering of the Ministry of Education, School of Life Science and Technology and Frontier Institute of Science and Technology, Xi an Jiaotong University, 710049 Shaanxi, China
Bioresour Technol 186:163-72. 2015..Taxonomic analysis using QIIME and RDP classifier found that Proteobacteria, Bacteroidetes, Chloroflexi and Firmicutes were the most abundant phyla in ..
- Social factors ameliorate psychiatric disorders in community-based asylum seekers independent of visa statusDebbie C Hocking
Department of Psychiatry and Neuropsychology, Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health, 30 Royal Parade Cnr Genetics Lane, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia School of Psychology, Victoria University, St Albans, Victoria 3021, Australia
Psychiatry Res 230:628-36. 2015..The present study investigated the impact of Australia's refugee determination process (RDP) on psychiatric morbidity in community-based asylum-seekers (AS) and refugees...
- Red-light running violation prediction using observational and simulator dataArash Jahangiri
Center for Sustainable Mobility, Virginia Tech Transportation Institute, 3500 Transportation Research Plaza, Blacksburg, VA 24061, United States Electronic address
Accid Anal Prev 96:316-28. 2016..TTI, DTI, the required deceleration parameter (RDP), and velocity at the onset of a yellow indication were among the most important factors identified by both models ..
- In patients with shortened dental arches do removable dental prostheses improve masticatory performance?Ciaran Moore
Centre for Public Health, Queens University Belfast, Northern Ireland
Evid Based Dent 17:114. 2016..shortened dental arch (SDA) and extreme SDA (ESDA) and masticatory performance with removable dental prostheses (RDP) were included...
- Establishment of the mouse chromosome 7 region with homology to the myotonic dystrophy region of human chromosome 19qJ S Cavanna
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, St Mary s Hospital Medical School, London, United Kingdom
Genomics 7:12-8. 1990A number of genetic markers, including ATP1A3, TGFB, CKMM, and PRKCG, define the genetic region on human chromosome 19 containing the myotonic dystrophy locus...
- Gender, socioeconomic development and health-seeking behaviour in BangladeshS M Ahmed
BRAC Research anid Evaluation Division, BRAC Centre, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Soc Sci Med 51:361-71. 2000..Matlab, Bangladesh, this paper examines the impact of membership in BRAC's integrated Rural Development Programme (RDP) on gender equity and health-seeking behaviour...
- [Archaeal diversity associated with sponge Pachychalina sp. analyzed by culture-independent approach]Zai guang Fang
State Key Laboratory of Tropical Crop Biotechnology, Chinese Academy of Tropical Agricultural Sciences, Haikou 571101, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 45:121-4. 2005..to Methanogenium organophilum and Methanoplanus petrolearius, but the 16S rDNAs similarities among them and those archaea registered in RDP Database didn't excess to 90%. It means that they maybe represent some novel archaeal groups.
- Tabletting of solid dispersion particles consisting of indomethacin and porous silica particlesHirofumi Takeuchi
Gifu Pharmaceutical University, Gifu 502 8585, Japan
Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo) 53:487-91. 2005..In comparing the compaction property of these tablets by observing the ratio of residual die wall pressure (RDP) to maximum die wall pressure (MDP) (RDP/MDP), it was found that addition of L-HPC in the tablet formulation ..
- [Isolation, identification and phylogenetic analysis of a pathogenic bacterium in channel catfish]Yi Geng
Animal Science and Technology College, Sichuan Agricultural University, Ya an 625014, China
Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao 46:649-52. 2006..sequence of the isolated strain (GenBank accession number AY970826) with other relative bacteria species in the RDP and GenBank databases...
- [Disclosure of diagnosis in ambulatory radiology practice: expectations of patients and referring physicians]H Lorch
DGQ Qualitätsmanagerin im Gesundheitswesen, Aschaffenburg
Rofo 179:1043-7. 2007To evaluate and compare the expectations of patients and referring physicians (RPH) regarding the disclosure of radiological diagnostic procedure (RDP) results.
- Attention reshapes center-surround receptive field structure in macaque cortical area MTKatharina Anton-Erxleben
Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory, German Primate Center, Gottingen, Germany
Cereb Cortex 19:2466-78. 2009..to the fixation point or to 1 of 2 random dot patterns (RDPs) placed inside or next to the cRF, whereas a third RDP (the probe) was briefly presented in quick succession across the cRF and surround...
- The diverse bacterial community in intertidal, anaerobic sediments at Sapelo Island, GeorgiaChris Lasher
Department of Microbiology, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602 2605, USA
Microb Ecol 58:244-61. 2009..The program RDPquery was developed to assign clones to taxonomic groups based upon comparisons to the RDP database...
- Effect of source of rumen-degraded protein on production and ruminal metabolism in lactating dairy cowsG A Broderick
Agricultural Research Service, USDA, US Dairy Forage Research Center, 1925 Linden Drive West, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Dairy Sci 92:2822-34. 2009..study the effects on production and ruminal metabolism of feeding differing proportions of rumen-degraded protein (RDP) from soybean meal and urea...
- The effects of circumcision on the penis microbiomeLance B Price
Translational Genomics Research Institute TGen, Flagstaff, Arizona, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e8422. 2010..Circumcision is associated with significant reductions in HIV, HSV-2 and HPV infections among men and significant reductions in bacterial vaginosis among their female partners...
- pKa modulation of the acid/base catalyst within GH32 and GH68: a role in substrate/inhibitor specificity?Shuguang Yuan
Laboratory of Molecular Plant Physiology, Institute of Botany and Microbiology, KU Leuven, Heverlee, Belgium
PLoS ONE 7:e37453. 2012..the effect of substrate entrance on its own, we strongly suggest that a highly conserved arginine residue (in the RDP motif) rather than the previously proposed Tyr motif (not conserved) provides the proton to increase the pKa of the ..
- Fungal diversity in permafrost and tallgrass prairie soils under experimental warming conditionsC Ryan Penton
Center for Microbial Ecology, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 79:7063-72. 2013..Using the Bayesian Classifier offered by the Ribosomal Database Project (RDP) with 50% bootstrapping classification confidence, approximately 70% of sequences were returned as "unclassified" ..
- Genotype-phenotype correlations in alternating hemiplegia of childhoodMasayuki Sasaki
From the Department of Child Neurology M Sasaki, Y S, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Kodaira Department of Pediatrics and Central Research Institute for the Molecular Pathomechanisms of Epilepsy A I, S Hirose and Department of Biochemistry B Z, Fukuoka University School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics N M, K I, S Takada, Kobe University School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics A A, Y T, Kansai Medical University, Osaka Department of Neurology H A, Chiba Children s Hospital Division of Neurology S Y, Kanagawa Children s Medical Center, Yokohama Department of Pediatrics T O, Nishi Niigata Central Hospital, Niigata Department of Pediatrics Y Oda, H I, Chigasaki Municipal Hospital Department of Neurology S Hirabayashi, Nagano Children s Hospital, Azumino Yasuhara Children s Clinic A Y, Osaka Department of Pediatrics H K, Osaka City General Hospital Division of Child Neurology S K, Osaka Medical Center and Research Institute for Maternal and Child Health, Izumi Department of Pediatrics M Shimono, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Kitakyushu Department of Pediatrics S N, Nagahama Red Cross Hospital Department of Child Neurology M Suzuki, Aichi Prefectural Colony Central Hospital, Kasugai Department of Pediatrics T Y, Kyoto University School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics Y Oyazato, Kakogawa Nishi Municipal Hospital,
Neurology 82:482-90. 2014Clinical severity of alternating hemiplegia of childhood (AHC) is extremely variable. To investigate genotype-phenotype correlations in AHC, we analyzed the clinical information and ATP1A3 mutations in patients with AHC.
- Cognitive impairment in rapid-onset dystonia-parkinsonismJared F Cook
Department of Neurology, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Wake Forest Baptist Health, Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
Mov Disord 29:344-50. 2014Rapid-onset dystonia-parkinsonism (RDP) is caused by mutations in the ATP1A3 gene. This observational study sought to determine if cognitive performance is decreased in patients with RDP compared with mutation-negative controls...
- A novel ATP1A3 mutation with unique clinical presentationHendrik Rosewich
Department of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, Division of Pediatric Neurology, University Medical Center, Georg August University, Gottingen, Germany Electronic address
J Neurol Sci 341:133-5. 2014Mutations in the ATP1A3 gene are associated with rapid-onset dystonia-parkinsonism (RDP) and alternating hemiplegia of childhood (AHC) as well as RDP/AHC intermediate presentations. Phenotypic diversity is being recognized...
- Novel PCR primers for the archaeal phylum Thaumarchaeota designed based on the comparative analysis of 16S rRNA gene sequencesJin Kyung Hong
Institute of Environmental Sciences and Department of Environmental Sciences, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Yong In, Korea
PLoS ONE 9:e96197. 2014Based on comparative phylogenetic analysis of 16S rRNA gene sequences deposited in an RDP database, we constructed a local database of thaumarchaeotal 16S rRNA gene sequences and developed a novel PCR primer specific for the archaeal ..
- Isolated and combined dystonia syndromes - an update on new genes and their phenotypesB Balint
Sobell Department of Motor Neuroscience and Movement Disorders, UCL Institute of Neurology, London, UK Department of Neurology, University Hospital Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Neurol 22:610-7. 2015..Similarly, ATP1A3 mutations cause a wide phenotypic spectrum ranging from rapid-onset dystonia-parkinsonism to alternating ..
- Maternal hypertension programs increased cerebral tissue damage following stroke in adult offspringNicole M Ventura
Department of Biomedical and Molecular Sciences, Queen s University, Kingston, ON, Canada
Mol Cell Biochem 408:223-33. 2015..Gene expression of Na(+)/K(+) ATPase channel isoforms, Atp1a1, Atp1a3, and Atp1b1, displayed no significant differences...
- SOS system induction in Escherichia coli cells with distinct levels of ribonucleotide reductase activityA Villaverde
Department of Genetics and Microbiology, Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain
Mutat Res 281:137-41. 1992..Low levels of dATP were obtained by using either a temperature-sensitive ribonucleotide (RDP) reductase-deficient (nrdA) mutant or a wild-type strain treated with hydroxyurea...
- Rhodanobacter lindaniclasticus gen. nov., sp. nov., a lindane-degrading bacteriumR Nalin
Laboratoire d Ecologie Microbienne du Sol, UMR5557 CNRS Université Lyon 1, Villeurbanne, France
Int J Syst Bacteriol 49:19-23. 1999..RP5557T does not have high identity (less than 90% in all cases) with any sequence in the GenBank or RDP databases...
- High-density microarray of small-subunit ribosomal DNA probesKenneth H Wilson
Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:2535-41. 2002..20-mer oligonucleotides that were complementary to a subalignment of sequences in the Ribosomal Database Project (RDP) (B. L. Maidak et al., Nucleic Acids Res. 29:173-174, 2001)...
- The genomic heterogeneity among Mycobacterium terrae complex displayed by sequencing of 16S rRNA and hsp 65 genesChang Kyu Lee
Department of Clinical Pathology, College of Medicine, Korea University, Seoul, Korea
Microbiol Immunol 48:83-90. 2004..other references for the comparison using similarity search against the GenBank and Ribosomal Database Project II (RDP) databases. 16S rRNA and hsp 65 genes of M. terrae complex showed genomic heterogeneity...
- Curcumin modulation of Na,K-ATPase: phosphoenzyme accumulation, decreased K+ occlusion, and inhibition of hydrolytic activityYasser A Mahmmoud
Department of Biophysics, Institute of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Aarhus, Ole Worms Alle 185, DK 8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Br J Pharmacol 145:236-45. 2005..5 The physiological consequences of curcumin treatment previously reported in different epithelial model systems may, at least in part, be related to the direct effects of curcumin on Na,K-ATPase activity...
- Effect of dietary level of rumen-degraded protein on production and nitrogen metabolism in lactating dairy cowsS M Reynal
Department of Dairy Science, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706, USA
J Dairy Sci 88:4045-64. 2005..Holstein cows were assigned to 4 x 4 Latin squares and fed diets with different levels of rumen-degraded protein (RDP) to study the effect of RDP on production and N metabolism...
- Effects of low rumen-degradable protein or abomasal fructan infusion on diet digestibility and urinary nitrogen excretion in lactating dairy cowsT F Gressley
Department of Dairy Science, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706, USA
J Dairy Sci 90:1340-53. 2007..Treatments were arranged as a 2 x 2 factorial. Diets contained either adequate rumen-degradable protein (RDP; high RDP) or were 28% below predicted RDP requirements (low RDP)...
- Influence of translation efficiency of homologous viral proteins on the endogenous presentation of CD8+ T cell epitopesJudy Tellam
Australian Centre for Vaccine Development and Tumour Immunology Laboratory, Division of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Clive Berghofer Cancer Research Centre, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane QLD 4006, Australia
J Exp Med 204:525-32. 2007..has been hypothesized that the generation of rapidly degrading polypeptides and CD8(+) T cell epitopes from these RDP precursors may be influenced by the efficiency of protein translation...
- A randomized, controlled trial of the reciprocating procedure device for local anesthesiaSharon E Nunez
Department of Internal Medicine, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
J Emerg Med 35:119-25. 2008..There were 209 local lidocaine anesthesia procedures randomized between the RDP and the conventional syringe...
- Does knowledge of medication prices predict physicians' support for cost effective prescribing policiesJennifer M Polinski
Division of Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomics, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Can J Clin Pharmacol 15:e286-94. 2008British Columbia implemented a generic substitution (GS) and Reference Drug Program (RDP) to contain drug expenditures without negatively affecting health outcomes...
- Neurovascular compression findings in hemifacial spasmMauricio Campos-Benitez
Department of Surgery, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
J Neurosurg 109:416-20. 2008..The incidence and significance of neurovascular compression upon these different segments of the facial nerve in patients with HFS has not been previously reported...
- Rapid-onset Dystonia Parkinsonism (DYT12 Dystonia): Pathophysiology &Atp1a3 MiceYuqing Li; Fiscal Year: 2011..The inheritance of DYT12 dystonia has been determined to be autosomal dominant. The causative gene is ATP1A3, which encodes the 13 subunit of the Na?ATPase (13), which is only expressed in neurons...
- The Role of a Cerebello-Thalamo-Basal Ganglia Pathway in DystoniaRachel Fremont; Fiscal Year: 2013..in our lab suggest this mechanism of dystonia generation may be important in a particular genetic dystonia, DYT12 or Rapid-Onset Dystonia- Parkinsonism...
- Understanding the Mechanisms of NeuropathogenesisMICHAEL JOHN PALLADINO; Fiscal Year: 2010..In humans loss-of-function Na/K ATPase mutations cause Rapid-onset Dystonia Parkinsonism (RDP) and familial hemiplegic migraines (FHM)...
- Role of Na, K-ATPase beta isoforms in pump sorting and epithelial integrityOlga Vagin; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Rapid-Onset Dystonia-ParkinsonismKamran Khodakhah; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Rapid-onset dystonia-parkinsonism (RDP, DYT12) is an autosomal-dominant disorder characterized by sudden onset of dystonia and parkinsonism...
- MOLECULAR AND CELLULAR BIOLOGY OF CYSTIC FIBROSISJohn Riordan; Fiscal Year: 1993..and basic science studies and to exploit several strengths of this institution which are not included in the RDP. The central theme is the understanding of the basic defect in the different clinical phenotypes of the disease at ..
- Determinants of Phenotype in Retinal Pigment EpitheliumJanice Burke; Fiscal Year: 2007..To determine whether the anticipated loss of polarity in RPE cells leads to a clinically or morphologically detectable retinal degeneration. ..
- ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTANTS AND MEMBRANE TRANSPORTDavid Miller; Fiscal Year: 1980..Answers to these questions are expected to provide important insights into the fundamental mechanisms by which toxic pollutants act...
- NERVE AND MUSCLE MEMBRANESDouglas Fambrough; Fiscal Year: 2001..Research on the LAMPs may have a bearing upon mechanisms regulating metastatic potential of cancer cells. ..
- NA, K PUMP IN AGING SKELETAL MUSCLEYuk Chow Ng; Fiscal Year: 2005..The application will make use of a variety of biochemical techniques and also microdialysis to test tissue potassium fluxes. ..
- VIRULENCE FACTORS OF GROUP B STREPTOCOCCIJohn Bohnsack; Fiscal Year: 2001..that the majority of invasive type III GBS infections are caused by a group of closely related organisms, called RDP III-3, based on the similarity of the restriction digest patterns (RDPs) of bacterial DNA following enzymatic ..
- PHYSIOLOGICAL BASES OF OTOTRAUMATIC INSULTGlen Martin; Fiscal Year: 2005..The third hypothesis tests whether susceptibility to hearing loss or the prevention from it is associated with specific molecules in the cochlea. ..
- Therapeutic Vaccine for EBV-associated Hodgkins DiseaseRajiv Khanna; Fiscal Year: 2005..The long-term aim of this project is to develop a rational basis for the delivery of a curative EBV-specific CTL immunity to not only in HIV patients with HD patients but also for non-HIV HD. ..
- CLINICAL GENETIC SPECTRUM OF PRIMARY DYSTONIASusan Bressman; Fiscal Year: 2003..The phenotypic spectrum of identified loci and mutations, including non-dystonic features such as tremor, will be determined. ..
- Molecular Analysis of the Biofilm in Caries and HealthAnn Griffen; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- BUILDING BETTER BONES IN CHILDRENBabette Zemel; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- DPOAE PHENOTYPING OF COCHLEAR FUNCTIONGlen Martin; Fiscal Year: 2001..The resulting data will be made widely available on the internet in the form of databases and the relevant training manuals. ..