Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: BCL10
Description: B-cell CLL/lymphoma 10
Alias: CARMEN, CIPER, CLAP, IMD37, c-E10, mE10, B-cell lymphoma/leukemia 10, CARD containing molecule enhancing NF-kB, CARD-containing apoptotic signaling protein, CARD-containing molecule enhancing NF-kappa-B, CARD-containing proapoptotic protein, CED-3/ICH-1 prodomain homologous E10-like regulator, cCARMEN, caspase-recruiting domain-containing protein, cellular homolog of vCARMEN, cellular-E10, hCLAP, mammalian CARD-containing adapter molecule E10
Publications234 found, 100 shown here
- CLAP, a novel caspase recruitment domain-containing protein in the tumor necrosis factor receptor pathway, regulates NF-kappaB activation and apoptosisS M Srinivasula
Center for Apoptosis Research and the Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Kimmel Cancer Institute, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Biol Chem 274:17946-54. 1999..Expression of the CARD domain of human CLAP abrogates tumor necrosis factor-alpha-induced NF-kappaB activation, suggesting that cellular CLAP plays an ..
- Development of rapeseed with high erucic acid content by asymmetric somatic hybridization between Brassica napus and Crambe abyssinicaY P Wang
Federal Centre for Breeding Research on Cultivated Plants, Institute of Agricultural Crops, 18190 Gross Lüsewitz, Germany
Theor Appl Genet 106:1147-55. 2003..UV-irradiated mesophyll protoplasts of C. abyssinica cv 'Carmen' and cv 'Galactica' were fused with hypocotyl protoplasts of different genotypes of B...
- Primary cutaneous marginal zone B-cell lymphoma: a molecular and clinicopathologic study of 24 asian casesChunmei Li
Department of Pathology, Nagoya City Unviersity Medical School, Nagoya, Japan
Am J Surg Pathol 27:1061-9. 2003..causative agent in European cutaneous cases of marginal zone B-cell lymphoma, whereas API2-MALT1 fusion and BCL10 mutation are highly associated with MALT lymphoma...
- Assessment of young children's social-emotional development and psychopathology: recent advances and recommendations for practiceAlice S Carter
Department of Psychology, University of Massachusetts, Boston 02125, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 45:109-34. 2004..Considerable evidence documents that young children evidence significant psychopathology (cf., Del Carmen & Carter, in press; Emde, 1999; Zeanah, 2001; Zeanah et al., 1997)...
- Telomerase inhibition by siRNA causes senescence and apoptosis in Barrett's adenocarcinoma cells: mechanism and therapeutic potentialMasood A Shammas
Center for Swallowing and Motility Disorders, VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA 02132, USA
Mol Cancer 4:24. 2005..Chemical inhibitors of telomerase have been shown to reactivate telomere shortening and cause replicative senescence and apoptotic cell death of tumor cells while having little or no effect on normal diploid cells...
- Dectin-1 is an extracellular pathogen sensor for the induction and processing of IL-1β via a noncanonical caspase-8 inflammasomeSonja I Gringhuis
Center of Infection and Immunity Amsterdam, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Nat Immunol 13:246-54. 2012..Thus, dectin-1 acted as an extracellular sensor for pathogens that induced both IL-1β production and maturation through a noncanonical caspase-8-dependent inflammasome for protective immunity...
- Caveolin-1 triggers T-cell activation via CD26 in association with CARMA1Kei Ohnuma
Division of Clinical Immunology, Advanced Clinical Research Center, Institute of Medical Science, University of Tokyo, 4 6 1, Shirokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
J Biol Chem 282:10117-31. 2007..Ligation of CD26 by caveolin-1 recruits a complex consisting of CD26, CARMA1, Bcl10, and IkappaB kinase to lipid rafts...
- CXCL12/SDF-1 alpha activates NF-kappaB and promotes oral cancer invasion through the Carma3/Bcl10/Malt1 complexAasia O Rehman
Laboratory of Molecular Signaling, Division of Oral Biology and Medicine, UCLA School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1668, USA
Int J Oral Sci 1:105-18. 2009..To determine how SDF-1 alpha/CXCR4 activates nuclear factor-kappa B (NF-kappaB) and promotes oral squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC) invasion...
- The IRAK-1-BCL10-MALT1-TRAF6-TAK1 cascade mediates signaling to NF-kappaB from Toll-like receptor 4Wei Dong
State Key Laboratory of Virology, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan, Hubei 430072, China
J Biol Chem 281:26029-40. 2006Our previous studies have revealed that the signaling protein BCL10 plays a major role in adaptive immunity by mediating NF-kappaB activation in the LPS/TLR4 pathway...
- Bcl10 is involved in t(1;14)(p22;q32) of MALT B cell lymphoma and mutated in multiple tumor typesT G Willis
Academic Department of Haematology and Cytogenetics, Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, United Kingdom
Cell 96:35-45. 1999MALT B cell lymphomas with t(1;14)(p22;q32) showed a recurrent breakpoint upstream of the promoter of a novel gene, Bcl10. Bcl10 is a cellular homolog of the equine herpesvirus-2 E10 gene: both contain an amino-terminal caspase ..
- CIPER, a novel NF kappaB-activating protein containing a caspase recruitment domain with homology to Herpesvirus-2 protein E10T Koseki
Department of Pathology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, The University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 274:9955-61. 1999We have identified and characterized CIPER, a novel protein containing a caspase recruitment domain (CARD) in its N terminus and a C-terminal region rich in serine and threonine residues...
- Equine herpesvirus-2 E10 gene product, but not its cellular homologue, activates NF-kappaB transcription factor and c-Jun N-terminal kinaseM Thome
Institute of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 274:9962-8. 1999..Here we report on the structure and function of the E10 gene product of equine herpesvirus-2, designated v-CARMEN, and on its cellular homologue, c-CARMEN, which contain a caspase-recruiting domain (CARD) motif...
- mE10, a novel caspase recruitment domain-containing proapoptotic moleculeM Yan
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 274:10287-92. 1999..We have identified a novel mammalian CARD-containing adaptor molecule termed mE10 (mammalian E10)...
- Inactivating mutations and overexpression of BCL10, a caspase recruitment domain-containing gene, in MALT lymphoma with t(1;14)(p22;q32)Q Zhang
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee 38105, USA
Nat Genet 22:63-8. 1999..Here we describe overexpression of BCL10, a novel apoptotic signalling gene that encodes an amino-terminal caspase recruitment domain (CARD), in MALT ..
- Absence of BCL10 mutations in human malignant mesotheliomaS Apostolou
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Cell 97:684-6; discussion 686-8. 1999
- c-E10 is a caspase-recruiting domain-containing protein that interacts with components of death receptors signaling pathway and activates nuclear factor-kappaBA Costanzo
Fondazione A Cesalpino, I Clinica Medica, V le Policlinico 155, 00161 Roma, Italy
J Biol Chem 274:20127-32. 1999..Thus, our results suggest that c-E10 is an adapter protein that activates NF-kappaB through a molecular pathway involved in death receptor signaling...
- Regulatory mechanisms of TRAF2-mediated signal transduction by Bcl10, a MALT lymphoma-associated proteinT Yoneda
Department of Anatomy, Osaka University Medical School, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 275:11114-20. 2000To elucidate the function of Bcl10, recently cloned as an apoptosis-associated gene mutated in MALT lymphoma, we identified its binding partner TRAF2, which mediates signaling via tumor necrosis factor receptors...
- Bcl10 is a positive regulator of antigen receptor-induced activation of NF-kappaB and neural tube closureJ Ruland
Amgen Institute, 620 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2C1
Cell 104:33-42. 2001b>Bcl10, a CARD-containing protein identified from the t(1;14)(p22;q32) breakpoint in MALT lymphomas, has been shown to induce apoptosis and activate NF-kappaB in vitro...
- CARMA1 is a critical lipid raft-associated regulator of TCR-induced NF-kappa B activationOlivier Gaide
Institute of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, BIL Biomedical Research Center, Chemin des Boveresses 155, CH 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
Nat Immunol 3:836-43. 2002..CARMA1 interacts with Bcl10 via its caspase-recruitment domain (CARD)...
- Bcl10 activates the NF-kappaB pathway through ubiquitination of NEMOHonglin Zhou
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech Inc 1 DNA Way, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Nature 427:167-71. 2004..b>Bcl10 is essential for NF-kappaB activation by T- and B-cell receptors...
- The TRAF6 ubiquitin ligase and TAK1 kinase mediate IKK activation by BCL10 and MALT1 in T lymphocytesLijun Sun
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Mol Cell 14:289-301. 2004The CARD domain protein BCL10 and paracaspase MALT1 are essential for the activation of IkappaB kinase (IKK) and NF-kappaB in response to T cell receptor (TCR) stimulation...
- MALT1 contains nuclear export signals and regulates cytoplasmic localization of BCL10Masao Nakagawa
Division of Molecular Medicine, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, 1 1 Kanokoden, Chikusa ku, Nagoya 464 8681, Japan
Blood 106:4210-6. 2005MALT1, BCL10 (B-cell lymphoma 10), and API2 (apoptosis inhibitor 2)-MALT1 are key molecules in mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT) lymphomagenesis...
- Caspase-8 regulation by direct interaction with TRAF6 in T cell receptor-induced NF-kappaB activationNicolas Bidere
Molecular Development Section, Laboratory of Immunology, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Curr Biol 16:1666-71. 2006..Caspase-8 is activated after TCR stimulation and nucleates a complex with B cell lymphoma 10 (BCL10), paracaspase MALT1, and the inhibitors of kappaB kinase (IKK) complex ...
- Carrageenan induces interleukin-8 production through distinct Bcl10 pathway in normal human colonic epithelial cellsAlip Borthakur
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago and Jesse Brown Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 292:G829-38. 2007..IL-8, IL-8 promoter activity, total and nuclear NF-kappaB, IkappaBalpha, phospho-IkappaBalpha, and Bcl10 were assessed by immunohistochemistry, Western blot, ELISA, and cDNA microarray...
- CARMA3/Bcl10/MALT1-dependent NF-kappaB activation mediates angiotensin II-responsive inflammatory signaling in nonimmune cellsLinda M McAllister-Lucas
Department of Pediatrics, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:139-44. 2007..pathway mediating Ang II-dependent activation of NF-kappaB, which is composed of three principal proteins, CARMA3, Bcl10, and MALT1...
- Bcl10 plays a critical role in NF-kappaB activation induced by G protein-coupled receptorsDonghai Wang
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 corrected USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:145-50. 2007..b>Bcl10 is an essential adaptor molecule connecting antigen receptor signaling cascades to NF-kappaB activation in ..
- Malt1 ubiquitination triggers NF-kappaB signaling upon T-cell activationAndrea Oeckinghaus
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Institute of Toxicology, Neuherberg, Germany
EMBO J 26:4634-45. 2007..T-cell receptor (TCR) engagement induces the formation of the Carma1-Bcl10-Malt1 (CBM) complex that is essential for activation of the IkappaB kinase (IKK)/NF-kappaB pathway...
- T cell antigen receptor stimulation induces MALT1 paracaspase-mediated cleavage of the NF-kappaB inhibitor A20Beatrice Coornaert
Department of Molecular Biology, Ghent University, B 9052 Ghent, Belgium
Nat Immunol 9:263-71. 2008..Our studies identify A20 as a substrate of MALT1 and emphasize the importance of MALT1 proteolytic activity in the 'fine tuning' of T cell antigen receptor signaling...
- B-cell CLL/lymphoma 10 (BCL10) is required for NF-kappaB production by both canonical and noncanonical pathways and for NF-kappaB-inducing kinase (NIK) phosphorylationSumit Bhattacharyya
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 285:522-30. 2010B-cell CLL/lymphoma 10 (BCL10), the caspase recruitment domain (CARD)-containing protein involved in the etiology of the mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT) lymphomas, has been implicated in inflammatory processes in epithelial ..
- Structural architecture of the CARMA1/Bcl10/MALT1 signalosome: nucleation-induced filamentous assemblyQi Qiao
Department of Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA Program in Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Boston Children s Hospital, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Cell 51:766-79. 2013The CARMA1/Bcl10/MALT1 (CBM) signalosome mediates antigen receptor-induced NF-κB signaling to regulate multiple lymphocyte functions...
- Phosphorylation of the CARMA1 linker controls NF-kappaB activationKaren Sommer
Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Immunity 23:561-74. 2005..This PKC-dependent switch regulates accessibility of the CARD and CC domains and controls assembly and full activation of the membrane-associated IkappaB kinase (IKK) signalosome...
- NEMO recognition of ubiquitinated Bcl10 is required for T cell receptor-mediated NF-kappaB activationChuan Jin Wu
Laboratory of Immune Cell Biology, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:3023-8. 2008The mechanism by which the Carma1-Bcl10-MALT1 (CBM) complex couples T cell antigen receptor (TCR) signaling to IkappaB kinase (IKK) and NF-kappaB activation is not known...
- Identification of paracaspases and metacaspases: two ancient families of caspase-like proteins, one of which plays a key role in MALT lymphomaA G Uren
Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
Mol Cell 6:961-7. 2000..The human paracaspase prodomain binds Bcl10, a protein involved in the t(1;14)(p22;q32) translocation of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT) lymphoma...
- Bcl10 and MALT1, independent targets of chromosomal translocation in malt lymphoma, cooperate in a novel NF-kappa B signaling pathwayP C Lucas
Department of Pathology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Pediatrics, The University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 276:19012-9. 2001..The first, t(1;14), results in the transfer of the entire Bcl10 gene to chromosome 14 wherein Bcl10 expression is inappropriately stimulated by the neighboring Ig enhancer...
- Interchangeable binding of Bcl10 to TRAF2 and cIAPs regulates apoptosis signalingD Yui
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka University 2 2 Yamadaoka Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Oncogene 20:4317-23. 2001b>Bcl10 was identified as a candidate gene responsible for low grade B cell lymphomas of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue...
- BCL10 mutation does not represent an important pathogenic mechanism in gastric MALT-type lymphoma, and the presence of the API2-MLT fusion is associated with aberrant nuclear BCL10 expressionBrigitte Maes
Department of Morphology and Molecular Pathology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
Blood 99:1398-404. 2002..The first, t(11;18)(q21;q21), results in the fusion protein API2-MLT (API2-MALT1). Through t(1;14)(p22;q32), the BCL10 gene is entirely transferred to the IgH gene, resulting in its overexpression...
- CARMA1, BCL-10 and MALT1 in lymphocyte development and activationMargot Thome
Department of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, BIL Biomedical Research Center, Chemin des Boveresses 155, CH 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
Nat Rev Immunol 4:348-59. 2004
- cIAP2 is a ubiquitin protein ligase for BCL10 and is dysregulated in mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphomasShimin Hu
Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute and Department of Cancer Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Clin Invest 116:174-81. 2006..MALT) lymphomas is associated with independent chromosomal translocations that lead to the upregulation of either BCL10 or MALT1 or the generation of a fusion protein, cIAP2-MALT1...
- [Molecular abnormalities in lymphomas]G Delsol
Universite Paul Sabatier, CHU de Toulouse Purpan, Toulouse, France
Bull Cancer 97:1347-64. 2010..API2-MALT1 (mucosa-associated-lymphoid-tissue-lymphoma-translocation-gene1) fusion protein or deregulation BCL10, MALT1, FOXP1...
- The incidence and anatomic site specificity of chromosomal translocations in primary extranodal marginal zone B-cell lymphoma of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT lymphoma) in North AmericaEllen D Remstein
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN 55905, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 30:1546-53. 2006..sites were studied by fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) using probes for API2-MALT1, IGH-MALT1, IGH-BCL10, IGH-FOXP1, IGH, +/- centromeres 3, 7, 12, and 18, and a subset (n=74) were analyzed using FISH probes for IGK, ..
- Failures and complications in patients with birth defects restored with fixed dental prostheses and single crowns on teeth and/or implantsOliver Krieger
School of Dental Medicine, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Clin Oral Implants Res 20:809-16. 2009..To assess retrospectively, over at least 5 years, the incidences of technical and biological complications and failures in young adult patients with birth defects affecting the formation of teeth...
- BCL6 gene rearrangement and protein expression are associated with large cell presentation of extranodal marginal zone B-cell lymphoma of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissueLucia Flossbach
Institute of Pathology, Ulm University, Ulm, Germany
Int J Cancer 129:70-7. 2011..of marginal zone B-cell lymphomas (MZBL) using FISH for the detection of rearrangements of IGH, MALT1, BCL6, BCL10 and FOXP1 and immunohistochemistry for Bcl6, Bcl10 and FoxP1...
- Helicobacter pylori-negative gastric mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma: a clinicopathologic and molecular study with reference to antibiotic treatmentShotaro Nakamura
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Cancer 107:2770-8. 2006..Little is still known regarding the clinicopathologic features of gastric MALT lymphoma not associated with H. pylori infection...
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced inflammation is increased but apoptosis is inhibited by common food additive carrageenanSumit Bhattacharyya
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 285:39511-22. 2010..through both the canonical and non-canonical pathways of NF-κB activation and utilizes the adaptor molecule BCL10 (B-cell leukemia/lymphoma 10)...
- Platelet-activating factor-induced NF-kappaB activation and IL-8 production in intestinal epithelial cells are Bcl10-dependentAlip Borthakur
Section of Digestive Diseases and Nutrition, Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago and Jesse Brown VA Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 16:593-603. 2010..However, its mechanisms of inducing inflammatory responses are not fully understood. Therefore, studies were designed to explore the mechanisms of PAF-induced inflammatory cascade in intestinal epithelial cells...
- Differential response to H. pylori eradication therapy of co-existing diffuse large B-cell lymphoma and MALT lymphoma of stomach-significance of tumour cell clonality and BCL10 expressionS H Kuo
Department of Oncology, National Taiwan University Hospital and National Taiwan University College of Medicine, Taipei, Taiwan
J Pathol 211:296-304. 2007..pylori-independent status is closely associated with nuclear translocation of BCL10. However, co-existing MALToma and DLBCL components of gastric DLBCL(MALT) may respond differentially to HPET and ..
- [A clinical study of chromosome translocations in extranodal marginal zone lymphoma of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue in Chinese patients]Ge Hong Dong
Department of Pathology, Health Science Center, Peking University, Beijing 100191, China
Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 48:181-5. 2009..To investigate the genetic aberrations in extranodal marginal zone lymphoma of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT) lymphomas from different sites of the body in Chinese patients...
- BCL10 as a new candidate gene for immune response in pigs: cloning, expression and association analysisJ Huang
Key Lab of Agricultural Animal Genetics, Breeding, and Reproduction of Ministry of Education, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan, 430070, China
Int J Immunogenet 37:103-10. 2010b>BCL10 is an apoptotic regulatory molecule identified through its direct involvement in t(1; 14)(p22; q32) of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma, and was implicated in the pathogenesis of this and several other tumour types...
- API2-MALT1 fusion defines a distinctive clinicopathologic subtype in pulmonary extranodal marginal zone B-cell lymphoma of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissueMitsukuni Okabe
Department of Pathology, Nagoya City University Medical School, Nagoya, Japan
Am J Pathol 162:1113-22. 2003..and studied its relationship with clinicopathologic factors including the immunohistochemical expression of BCL10, another MALT lymphoma-associated molecule...
- Genome wide transcriptional analysis of resting and IL2 activated human natural killer cells: gene expression signatures indicative of novel molecular signaling pathwaysKaren Dybkaer
Department of Pathology and Microbiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, USA
BMC Genomics 8:230. 2007..We utilized genome-wide transcriptional profiling to identify gene expression signatures and pathways in resting and IL2 activated NK cell isolated from peripheral blood of healthy donors...
- Primary mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma of the gallbladder: report of a case harboring API2/MALT1 gene fusionBettina Bisig
Department of Pathology, Centre Hospitalier Universitaire du Sart Tilman, Liege, Belgium
Hum Pathol 40:1504-9. 2009..tumor cells were CD20+ CD5- CD10- CD23- CD43- BCL6- BCL2+ IgM+ IgD- lambda+, with moderate nuclear expression of BCL10. Interphase fluorescence in situ hybridization analysis on paraffin sections, using a fusion probe for API2/MALT1, ..
- A Novel TRAF6 binding site in MALT1 defines distinct mechanisms of NF-kappaB activation by API2middle dotMALT1 fusionsHeidi Noels
Human Genome Laboratory, Department for Molecular and Developmental Genetics, Flanders Institute for Biotechnology VIB, B 3000 Leuven, Belgium
J Biol Chem 282:10180-9. 2007..MALT1. Also, the involvement of BCL10 has been suggested via binding to BIR1 of API2 and via its interaction with the immunoglobulin domains of MALT1, ..
- Differences in the clinical appearances of white versus black patients with facial cleft deformities: a retrospective study of a South African clinicK W Butow
Department of Maxillo Facial and Oral Surgery, PO Box 1266, Pretoria 0001, South Africa
SADJ 62:298, 300-4. 2007..No variation of clefts between these two groups has ever been compared previously. For this purpose, the clefts were classified according to the system described by Bütow in 1985...
- Nuclear factor kappaB activation and antiapoptosis in mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphomaYoshitaka Hosokawa
Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, Nagoya, Japan
Int J Hematol 80:215-23. 2004..Three distinct chromosomal translocations, t(11;18), t(1;14), and t(14;18), involving the API2-MALT1 fusion protein, BCL10, and MALT1 have been convincingly implicated in the pathogenesis of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT) ..
- Mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma: novel translocations including rearrangements of ODZ2, JMJD2C, and CNN3Ursula Vinatzer
Department of Pathology and Internal Medicine 1, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Clin Cancer Res 14:6426-31. 2008The well-known translocations identified in MALT lymphomas include t(11;18)/API2-MALT1, t(1;14)/IGH-BCL10, and t(14;18)/IGH-MALT1...
- MALT lymphoma: many roads lead to nuclear factor-κb activationMing Qing Du
Division of Molecular Histopathology, Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Histopathology 58:26-38. 2011..To date, it has been shown that at least the oncogenic products of t(1;14)(p22;q32)/BCL10-IGH, t(14;18)(q32;21)/IGH-MALT1 and t(11;18)(q21;q21)/API2-MALT1 activate the nuclear factor (NF)-κB activation ..
- Ocular adnexal marginal zone B cell lymphoma: a clinical and pathologic study of 23 casesFrederic Charlotte
Department of Pathology, Service d Anatomie Pathologique, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Boulevard de l Hopital, Paris, France
Virchows Arch 448:506-16. 2006..b>BCL10 was positive in 12 of 13 patients tested, with nuclear (n=4) or cytoplasmic (n=8) immunoreactivity...
- Molecular structure of amylopectin from Amaranth starch and its effect on physicochemical propertiesXiangli Kong
School of Biological Sciences, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, China
Int J Biol Macromol 43:377-82. 2008..The molar-based ratios of the average chain lengths of amylopectins (CLap) ranged from 17.41 to 18.22...
- A proteomic study on postdiapaused embryonic development of brine shrimp (Artemia franciscana)Weiwei Wang
Key Laboratory of Genome Sciences and Information, Beijing Institute of Genomics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Proteomics 7:3580-91. 2007..HSP60, and HSP70), CDC48, late embryogenesis abundant (LEA), GS1-like protein, and cathepsin L-associated protein (CLAP)) for quantitative transcriptional changes, monitored by real-time PCR, and found these proteins exhibiting ..
- Laser treatments of the prostate vs TURP/ open prostatectomy: systematic review of urodynamic dataT R W Herrmann
Department of Urology, Hannover Medical School, Carl Neuberg Str 1, 30625 Hannover, Germany
Minerva Urol Nefrol 61:309-24. 2009..Improvement of maximum urinary flow rate (Q(max)) of free uroflowmetry was similar for contact laser ablation (CLAP) with Nd:YAG, interstitial laser coagulation with Nd:YAG, potassium potassium-titanyl-phosphate (KTP)/Nd: YAG ..
- [Health care needs of cocaine users in Hungary: results of a qualitative study]Jozsef Gerevich
Addiktologiai Kutato Intezet, Budapest
Orv Hetil 145:445-51. 2004..There have not been any substantive collection of data on cocaine users in Hungary although there were numerous indications that a cocaine problem may exist...
- Characterization of a cathepsin L-associated protein in Artemia and its relationship to the FAS-I family of cell adhesion proteinsAlden H Warner
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Windsor, Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Eur J Biochem 271:4014-25. 2004..5 kDa) of unknown function. In the study reported here the noncatalytic subunit, or cathepsin L-associated protein (CLAP), was separated from cathepsin L by chromatography on Mono S and found to contain multiple isoforms with pIs ..
- Surface degradation of glass ceramics after exposure to acidulated phosphate fluorideVanessa Zulema S Ccahuana
Sao Jose dos Campos Dental School, Department of Dental Materials and Prosthodontics, Sao Paulo State University, Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil
J Appl Oral Sci 18:155-65. 2010..This study evaluated the surface degradation effect of acidulated phosphate fluoride (APF) gel exposure on the glassy matrix ceramics as a function of time...
- Compliance with a fetal movement chart by high-risk obstetric patients in a Peruvian hospitalLuis M Gomez
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA 23507, USA
Am J Perinatol 24:89-93. 2007..assigned to use either the count-to-10 chart or a FMC proposed by the Latin American Center for Perinatology (CLAP). Advantages and disadvantages were identified by patients...
- The Ca2+-dependent phosphatase calcineurin controls the formation of the Carma1-Bcl10-Malt1 complex during T cell receptor-induced NF-kappaB activationLysann Palkowitsch
Institute of Physiological Chemistry, University of Ulm, Albert Einstein Allee 11, 89081 Ulm, Germany
J Biol Chem 286:7522-34. 2011..regulates TCR-induced NF-κB activity by controlling the formation of a protein complex composed of Carma1, Bcl10, and Malt1 (CBM complex)...
- Periodontal attachment loss over 14 years in cleft lip, alveolus and palate (CLAP, CL, CP) subjects not enrolled in a supportive periodontal therapy programGiovanni E Salvi
Department of Periodontology and Fixed Prosthodontics, School of Dental Medicine, University of Berne, Berne, Switzerland
J Clin Periodontol 30:840-5. 2003..the overall and (ii) cleft-associated rate of periodontal disease (PD) progression in subjects with cleft lip, alveolus and palate (CLAP) and (iii) to compare these rates with those of subjects with cleft lip (CL) and cleft palate (CP).
- Effects of zinc oxide and Enterococcus faecium SF68 dietary supplementation on the performance, intestinal microbiota and immune status of weaned pigletsL J Broom
School of Biology, The University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Res Vet Sci 80:45-54. 2006..faecium SF68 supplementation (0 or 1.4 x 10(9)CFU/kg feed (Cylactin ME10)). The diets were offered ad libitum for 20 days post-weaning...
- Effect of beta-blockade and ACE inhibition on B-type natriuretic peptides in stable patients with systolic heart failureJens Rosenberg
Cardiology Department, Frederiksberg University Hospital, Nordre Fasanvej 57, 2000 Frederiksberg, Denmark
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 22:305-11. 2008..The long-term effect of beta-blockade on the plasma levels of natriuretic peptides BNP and its N-terminal counterpart, NT-proBNP, as risk markers in heart failure (HF) is obscure...
- Inhibition of vascular smooth muscle cell growth through antisense transcription of a rat insulin-like growth factor I receptor cDNAJ Du
Department of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Circ Res 76:963-72. 1995..IGF IR transcripts), clones MA5 and MA7 (expressing antisense IGF IR transcripts inducibly), and clones ME8 and ME10 (expressing vector alone) were characterized...
- The roles of CARMA1, Bcl10, and MALT1 in antigen receptor signalingXin Lin
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University at Buffalo, 138 Farber Hall, 3435 Main Street, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Semin Immunol 16:429-35. 2004..plays an essential role in mediating TCR- or BCR-induced NF-kappaB activation by recruiting two adaptor proteins, Bcl10 and MALT1, to lipid rafts following stimulation of antigen receptors...
- Risk factors for chronic non-communicable diseases and the CARMEN Initiative: a population-based study in the South of BrazilMarcelo Fernandes Capilheira
Programa de Pós Graduação em Epidemiologia, Universidade Federal de Pelotas, Pelotas, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 24:2767-74. 2008The CARMEN Initiative is a strategy of the Pan American Health Organization and the World Health Organization that proposes population-based interventions to reduce risk factors for chronic non-communicable diseases (CNCD) by approaching ..
- ROS, Hsp27, and IKKbeta mediate dextran sodium sulfate (DSS) activation of IkappaBa, NFkappaB, and IL-8Sumit Bhattacharyya
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Inflamm Bowel Dis 15:673-83. 2009..However, the precise mechanisms by which DSS induces inflammation have not been elucidated...
- Propulsive force calculations in swimming frogs. II. Application of a vortex ring model to DPIV dataEize J Stamhuis
Department of Marine Biology, University of Groningen, Biological Centre, PO Box 14, 9750 AA Haren, The Netherlands
J Exp Biol 208:1445-51. 2005..We did not find any support for previously assumed propulsion enhancement mechanisms. The feet do not clap together at the end of the power stroke and no "wedge-action" jetting is observed...
- The benefits of early combination treatment of carvedilol and an ACE-inhibitor in mild heart failure and left ventricular systolic dysfunction. The carvedilol and ACE-inhibitor remodelling mild heart failure evaluation trial (CARMEN)Willem J Remme
Sticares Cardiovascular Research Foundation, Rhoon, The Netherlands
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 18:57-66. 2004..b>CARMEN explored the need for combined treatment for remodelling and order of introduction by comparing the ACE-I ..
- Carrageenan-induced innate immune response is modified by enzymes that hydrolyze distinct galactosidic bondsSumit Bhattacharyya
Department of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Nutr Biochem 21:906-13. 2010..include an immune-mediated pathway involving toll-like receptor 4 (TLR4) and B-cell lymphoma/leukemia 10 (BCL10) and a reactive oxygen species (ROS)-mediated pathway...
- Protein kinase C-associated kinase (PKK) mediates Bcl10-independent NF-kappa B activation induced by phorbol esterAkihiro Muto
Department of Pathology and Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109, USA
J Biol Chem 277:31871-6. 2002..NF-kappa B activation induced by PKK was not inhibited by dominant negative Bimp1 and proceeded in the absence of Bcl10, two components of a recently described PKC signaling pathway...
- Autonomic response in depersonalization disorderMauricio Sierra
Institute of Psychiatry, 103 Denmark Hill, London SE5 8AZ, England
Arch Gen Psychiatry 59:833-8. 2002..In this study, we tested the prediction that autonomic response to emotional stimuli would be reduced in patients with depersonalization disorder...
- Anti-apoptotic action of API2-MALT1 fusion protein involved in t(11;18)(q21;q21) MALT lymphomaY Hosokawa
Division of Molecular Medicine, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, Nagoya, 464 8681, Japan
Apoptosis 10:25-34. 2005..t(1;14)(p22;q32) and t(14;18)(q32;q21) involving the API2 (also known as c-IAP2)-MALT1 fusion protein, BCL10, and MALT1, respectively, have been implicated in the molecular pathogenesis of mucosa associated lymphoid tissue (..
- Clinical impact of genetic aberrations in gastric MALT lymphoma: a comprehensive analysis using interphase fluorescence in situ hybridisationShotaro Nakamura
Division of Molecular Histopathology, Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Box 231, Level 3 Lab Block, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QQ, UK
Gut 56:1358-63. 2007..and clinical significance of the MALT lymphoma-associated genetic abnormalities t(11;18)/API2-MALT1, t(1;14)/BCL10-IGH, t(14;18)/IGH-MALT1, t(3;14)/FOXP1-IGH, and extra copies of MALT1 and FOXP1 in gastric MALT lymphomas from ..
- Contact laser treatment for benign prostatic hypertrophyE Montanari
Istituto di Urologia, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico di Milano, Italia
Arch Ital Urol Androl 71:135-42. 1999..We report our personal experience with contact vaporizing laser ablation of the prostate (CLAP) paying attention to efficacy, safety and costs. Between December 94 and March 97, 67 pts (mean age 62...
- BCL10 is rarely mutated in human prostate carcinoma, small-cell lung cancer, head and neck tumours, renal carcinoma and sarcomas. MPT Collaborators, St George's Hospital CollaboratorsS Gill
Section of Molecular Carcinogenesis, Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Br J Cancer 80:1565-8. 1999We have used single-strand conformation polymorphism (SSCP) analysis to screen for mutations in the BCL10 gene in 81 primary prostate carcinomas, 20 squamous cell cancers of the head and neck, 15 small-cell lung cancer cell lines, 24 ..
- [Prevalence of hypertension in Valparaíso. Results of the base survey of the CARMEN project (Set of measures for the multifactorial reduction of non-transmissible diseases)]J Vega
Organizacion Panamericana de la Salud, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile
Rev Med Chil 127:729-38. 1999..There is little information about the real prevalence of hypertension in Chile...
- Equine herpesvirus protein E10 induces membrane recruitment and phosphorylation of its cellular homologue, bcl-10M Thome
Institute of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, BIL Biomedical Research Center, CH 1066 Epalinges, Switzerland
J Cell Biol 152:1115-22. 2001....
- Formation of a tumour necrosis factor receptor 1 molecular scaffolding complex and activation of apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 during seizure-induced neuronal deathSachiko Shinoda
Robert S Dow Neurobiology Laboratories, Legacy Research, Portland, Oregon, USA
Eur J Neurosci 17:2065-76. 2003..In addition, recruitment of TNFR-activating factor 2 was likely promoted by Bcl10-mediated sequestering of cellular inhibitor of apoptosis protein 2...
- Characterization of Bcl10 as a potential transcriptional activator that interacts with general transcription factor TFIIBYingle Liu
Laboratory of Molecular Virology Key laboratory of Education Ministry, College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, Hubei, Wuhan 430072, PR China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 320:1-6. 2004The importance of aberrant Bcl10 nuclear expression implicated in lymphomagenesis is becoming increasingly apparent...
- Mutation analysis of CLPTM 1 and PVRL 1 genes in patients with non-syndromic clefts of lip, alveolus and palateDritan Turhani
Department of Cranio Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery, Hospital of Cranio Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 33:301-6. 2005....
- The history of the Laboratory of Pathology of the Cluj-Napoca Oncological InstituteG Simu
Laboratory of Pathology, Professor Ion Chiricută Oncological Institute, Cluj Napoca
Rom J Morphol Embryol 47:201-6. 2006..from Babeş-Bolyai Department of Animal Physiology and his disciples, Virgil Toma, Draga Nestor, Sena Roşculet, Carmen Stugren and Georgette Buga has carried on the performance of interesting works concerning the thymus involution in ..
- Non-cascade frequency-mixing processes for elastic waves in unconsolidated granular materialsV Tournat
Laboratoire d Acoustique de l Universite du Maine, UMR CNRS 6613, Universite du Maine, Avenue Olivier Messiaen, 72085 Le Mans Cedex 9, France
Ultrasonics 48:492-7. 2008..For an elastic periodic excitation with a given deformation amplitude, the weakest contacts are supposed to clap (periodically open and close) due to the action of the acoustic wave...
- Different bone sesitivity to malformations induced by procarbazine in fetal ratsJ Weingartner
Institute for Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Greifswald, Germany
J Physiol Pharmacol 59:17-25. 2008The study aimed at to induce cleft-lip-alveolus-palate (CLAP) applying procarbazine in rat fetuses at the 14(th) day of pregnancy, to supply thiocyanate and/or folic acid sufficient for preventive treatment and subsequently to investigate ..
- Stability analysis of gliding flight of a swallowtail butterfly Papilio xuthusMakoto Okamoto
Department of Aerospace Engineering, Osaka Prefecture University, Nakaku, Sakai, Japan
J Theor Biol 257:191-202. 2009..and that the section of its left hind wing close to its body and the counterpart of its right hind wing actually clap and form a "vertical tail"...
- COP9 signalosome controls the Carma1-Bcl10-Malt1 complex upon T-cell stimulationVerena Welteke
Department Cellular Signal Integration, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen German Research Center for Environmental Health, Institute of Toxicology, Ingolstadter Landstrasse 1, Neuherberg 85764, Germany
EMBO Rep 10:642-8. 2009The Carma1-Bcl10-Malt1 (CBM) complex connects T-cell receptor (TCR) signalling to the canonical IkappaB kinase (IKK)/NF (nuclear factor)-kappaB pathway...
- Colonic carcinoma with a pancreatic acinar cell differentiation. A case reportAnna Maria Chiaravalli
Department of Pathology, Ospedale di Circolo, Viale Borri 57, 21100, Varese, Italy
Virchows Arch 455:527-31. 2009..both acinar and diffuse patterns of growth showed an intense staining for trypsin, chymotrypsin and BCL10 and a weaker immunoreactivity for lipase and carboxyl ester hydrolase...
- Protein kinase C-δ negatively regulates T cell receptor-induced NF-κB activation by inhibiting the assembly of CARMA1 signalosomeYu Liu
College of Life Sciences, Wuhan University, Wuhan 430072, China
J Biol Chem 287:20081-7. 2012..Upon stimulation, CARMA1 recruits downstream molecules including B-cell CLL/lymphoma 10 (Bcl10), mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma translocation gene 1 (MALT1), and TRAF6 to assemble a specific TCR-..
- [Neisser and the clap]Niels J Elbert
Nederlands Tijdschrift voor Geneeskunde, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd 157:A6252. 2013..His scientific inheritance includes many publications on a variety of venereal and skin diseases and public health-related topics, and textbooks such as Ikonographia dermatologica and Stereoskopischer Medizinischer Atlas...
- CARMA3 is upregulated in human pancreatic carcinoma, and its depletion inhibits tumor proliferation, migration, and invasionShiyu Du
Department of Gastroenterology, China Japan Friendship Hospital, Chaoyang District, Beijing, 100029, China
Tumour Biol 35:5965-70. 2014..The effect of CARMA3 depletion on NF-κB signaling was significantly reduced in Bcl10-depleted cells...
- Detection of NF-κB pathway activation in T helper cellsOliver Gorka
Institut fur Klinische Chemie und Pathobiochemie, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technische Universitat Munchen, 81675, Munich, Germany
Methods Mol Biol 1193:69-83. 2014..four methods to investigate NF-κB activation in T helper cells by testing (1) the assembly of the Carma1-Malt1-Bcl10 complex by co-immunoprecipitation, (2) the activation of the IKK complex and the degradation of IκBα by western ..
- Bcl10 mediates angiotensin II-induced cardiac damage and electrical remodelingLajos Markó
From the Experimental and Clinical Research Center, a joint cooperation between the Charité Medical Faculty and the Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany L M, B S, F Q, A B, M C, L P, K J B, N H, N W, V F, F C L, R D, D N M Department of Internal Medicine Cardiology, Helios Clinic Damp, Damp, Germany N H Clinic for Nephrology and Hypertension, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany J K P Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI I J A, K I O W Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany L M, A B, K J B, A H, F C L, D N M Institute for Clinical Chemistry and Biochemistry, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Technical University of Munich
Hypertension 64:1032-9. 2014..B-cell lymphoma/leukemia 10 (Bcl10) is a member of the CBM signalosome, which links Ang II and nuclear factor-κB signaling...
- Clap and fling mechanism with interacting porous wings in tiny insect flightArvind Santhanakrishnan
School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Oklahoma State University, 218 Engineering North, Stillwater, OK 74078 5016, USA
J Exp Biol 217:3898-909. 2014The aerodynamics of flapping flight for the smallest insects such as thrips is often characterized by a 'clap and fling' of the wings at the end of the upstroke and the beginning of the downstroke...
- Targeting Non-proteolytic Protein Ubiquitination for the Treatment of Diffuse Large B Cell LymphomaYibin Yang
Lymphoid Malignancies Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, 9000 Rockville Pike, Building 10, Room 4N115, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cancer Cell 29:494-507. 2016..of the activated B cell-like (ABC) subtype of diffuse large B cell lymphoma (DLBCL), engages the CARD11-MALT1-BCL10 (CBM) adapter complex to activate IκB kinase (IKK) and the classical NF-κB pathway...
- Role of the CARMA1/BCL10/MALT1 complex in lymphoid malignanciesMélanie Juilland
Department of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, Epalinges, Switzerland
Curr Opin Hematol 23:402-9. 2016The CARMA1/BCL10/MALT1 (CBM) complex is a multimeric signaling complex controlling several important aspects of lymphocyte activation...
- Prevalence of the angiotensin I converting enzyme insertion/deletion polymorphism, plasma angiotensin converting enzyme activity, and left ventricular mass in a normotensive Chilean populationJ E Jalil
Department of Cardiovascular Diseases, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago
Am J Hypertens 12:697-704. 1999..for chronic diseases (Conjunto de Acciones Para la Reducción Multifactorial de las Enfermedades no Transmisibles [CARMEN]). The frequencies of the I and D alleles were 0.57 and 0.43, respectively. Mean plasma ACE activity was 15...
- PACAP: A NOVEL PROAPOPTOTIC CASPASE ADAPTER PROTEINEMANUELA BONFOCO; Fiscal Year: 2002..Moreover PACAP forms complexes with Bcl10, a protein linked to NF-kappaB activation in some cell types and to a variety of human malignancies...
- NF-Kappa B regulation by Bcl10 in liver cancerLAKITA CAVIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..In specific Aim 1, Dr. Cavin will determine the role of Bcl10-mediated ubiquitination of IKK-gamma during aberrant activation of NF-kappaB in TGF-alpha/c-myc bitransgenic HCCs...
- Hao Wu; Fiscal Year: 2014..caspase-recruitment domain (CARD) membrane-associated guanylate kinase (MAGUK) protein 1, also known as CARD11], Bcl10 (B-cell lymphoma 10) and MALT1 (mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma translocation protein 1) acts ..
- Regulation of Immunity and Inflammation by TIPE2Youhai H Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..and TCR activation by blocking the functions of the activation receptor-induced signalosome (ARIS) that contains Bcl10 (B cell lymphoma 10), MALT1 (mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma translocation gene 1), IKK (Inhibitor of ..
- Novel signal pathway mediating Hypertension/Obesity-dependent Insulin ResistancePeter C Lucas; Fiscal Year: 2013..activation of NF-:B in hepatocytes, and involves the concerted efforts of three principal proteins, CARMA3, Bcl10, and MALT1...
- Peishan Lee; Fiscal Year: 2015..formation of the intermediate signaling complex consisting of CARD-MAGUK protein 1 (CARMA1), B-cell lymphoma-10 (BCL10), and mucosa-associated-lymphoid-tissue lymphoma- translocation gene 1 (MALT1)...
- Functions of Bcl10 in LymphocytesRenren Wen; Fiscal Year: 2009ABSTRACT Bcl10 (B-cell lymphoma 10) is essential for antigen receptor mediated NF-κB activation...
- Linda M McAllister-Lucas; Fiscal Year: 2016..This pathway centers on the assembly of a multiprotein signaling module composed of the molecules CARMA3, Bcl10, and MALT1, which we now refer to as the "CBM signalosome"...
- Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Kidney Function Decline: Genes or Environment?CARMEN ALICIA PERALTA; Fiscal Year: 2013Project Summary: This is an application for a K23 award for Dr. Carmen A. Peralta, who proposes a novel, multi-disciplinary approach to understanding racial/ethcnic disparities in kidney function decline. This award will allow Dr...
- Rebecca L Goldstein; Fiscal Year: 2014..To assess effects of teHsp90i on BCR signaling, we will evaluate changes in calcium release, CARD11-Bcl10-MALT1 complex formation (IP, WB), and transcriptional activity (qPCR)...
- Dysregulation of ubiquitination in MALT lymphomasXiaolu Yang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Two recurrent translocations lead to the up-regulation of Bcl10, an adapter protein critical for antigen receptor signaling to NF-kB, and MALT1, a putative cysteine protease, ..
- Colon Cancer Screening Decisions in Late LifeCarmen Lewis; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Carmen Lewis MD MPH is a candidate for the Cancer Prevention, Control and Population Sciences Career Development Award (K07)...
- Regulation of NF-kB by the Akt kinaseLawrence P Kane; Fiscal Year: 2010..Also, Akt can interact with CARMA1 and modulate its localization, in addition to increasing the phosphorylation of Bcl10, which is found in a complex with CARMA1...
- NF-kB Signaling & Molec Pathogenesis of MALT LymphomaPeter Lucas; Fiscal Year: 2006..With one translocation, t(11;14), expression of the Bcl10 gene is inappropriately enhanced...
- Increasing primary care physician colorectal cancer screening ratesCarmen E Guerra; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Carmen E...
- Role of DDX3 in DR5-Mediated ApoptosisTong Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2010..caspase 8 leads to cleavage of DDX3 at aa135, which releases the N-terminal CARD of DDX3 and clAP1 from DR5/DDX3/clAP complex, thereby enabling a positive feedback loop to amplify apoptosis signal...
- The Role of Notch Signaling in Tcell FunctionBarbara A Osborne; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 2 will ask how Notch regulates the Carma1/Bcl10/Malt1 (CBM) complex and present experiments to further determine how Notch regulates NF-kB...
- Latin American Perinatal Health Training ProgramPierre Buekens; Fiscal Year: 2005..and Gynecology at Wake Forest University School of Medicine (WFUSM) and the Latin American Center of Perinatology (CLAP) as the Major Foreign Collaborator...
- Plasminogen and Metalloproteinases in Granuloma/FibrosisCarmen Swaisgood; Fiscal Year: 2009..b>Carmen M...
- Assessing Smoking and Tobacco in Ohio PrisonsRoss Kauffman; Fiscal Year: 2007..among prisoners range from 60-80%, compared to only 21% in the non-institutionalized population (Vaughn and del Carmen, 1993; CDC, 2006)...
- Antenatal Corticosteroids in Latin American CountriesAlicia Aleman; Fiscal Year: 2007..will be the Network of Association Centers to the Latin American Center for Perinatology and Human Development (CLAP/PAHO/WHO)...
- Bimp3 in Antigen Receptor Signaling and MALT LymphomaLINDA MCALLISTER LUCAS; Fiscal Year: 2007..Bimps bind to and operate upstream of Bcl10, an NF-kappaB signaling molecule that is known to be an essential mediator of lymphocyte proliferation in response ..
- Barriers to Recommending Colorectal Cancer ScreeningCarmen Guerra; Fiscal Year: 2006unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Dr. Carmen Guerra, Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of General Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, is applying for an NCI Mentored Career Development Award for Underrepresented ..
- Library Access Project for Mental Health ProfessionalsCarmen Cruz; Fiscal Year: 2002..The Principal Investigator (PI) is the current Assistant Administrator for Planning, Carmen Nydia Cruz, a doctoral candidate in Sociology with a statistics background, and the Program Manager is the current ..
- NORMAL AND ONCOGENIC FUNCTIONS OF BCL10Stephan Morris; Fiscal Year: 2004..rearrangement specific to the mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT) lymphomas that results in dysregulation of BCL10, an N-terminal caspase recruitment domain (CARD)-containing apoptosis signaling protein that normally promotes ..
- Maternal Problem-Solving Training in Childhood CancerOLLE JANE SAHLER; Fiscal Year: 2006..We also pilot tested a multimedia, technology-based PSST enhancement, Carmen's Bright IDEAS...
- Ganglioside Regulation of NFkbeta and ApoptosisJames Finke; Fiscal Year: 2005..Although GD3 alone is not sufficient to induce apoptosis, it does inhibit expression of the anti-apoptotic genes clAP-1, cIAP-2 and TRAF-2...
- NFKB AND APOPTOSIS REGULATORY COMPLEXESEMAD ALNEMRI; Fiscal Year: 2004..Consequently, we outlined experiments to study the mechanism by which the CLAP proteins engage the apoptotic or the NFKB pathway...
- MECHANISMS OF TRANSLATION CONTROL DURING APOPTOSISRichard Lloyd; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will characterize the cis-acting RNA regulatory elements in the 5' UTRs of two of these mRNAs, Bc1-2 and clAP-1, and determine how they variably control synthesis of anti-apoptotic proteins in response to different types of ..
- NOVEL NF KAPPA B ACTIVATING GENE INVOLVED IN CANCERGabriel Nunez; Fiscal Year: 2004..He has identified CIPER, a gene that regulates both apoptosis and NF-kB activation...
- Molecular Mechanisms of Natural Killer Cell ActivationSubramaniam Malarkannan; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Aim 3 we will define the signaling events that determine selective effector functions of NK cells using Bcl10 knockout animals where we observed a specific defect in the cytokine secretion but not in cytotoxicity...
- Protein redistribution in TCR-directed NF-kB activationBrian Schaefer; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Problems and Competence under Age5: School TransitionAlice Carter; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- HEART RATE VARIABILITY IN SLEEP-DISORDERED BREATHINGMICHAEL KHOO; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Methodology of Phase I and II trials of anticancer CAMAndrew Vickers; Fiscal Year: 2004....