Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: c-Myc
Description: MYC proto-oncogene, bHLH transcription factor
Alias: MRTL, MYCC, bHLHe39, c-Myc, myc proto-oncogene protein, avian myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog, class E basic helix-loop-helix protein 39, myc-related translation/localization regulatory factor, proto-oncogene c-Myc, transcription factor p64, v-myc avian myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog, v-myc myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog
Publications439 found, 100 shown here
- c-Myc-regulated microRNAs modulate E2F1 expressionKathryn A O'Donnell
Program in Human Genetics and Molecular Biology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Nature 435:839-43. 2005....
- Targeting MYC dependence in cancer by inhibiting BET bromodomainsJennifer A Mertz
Constellation Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:16669-74. 2011..These findings demonstrate that pharmacologic inhibition of MYC is achievable through targeting BET bromodomains. Such inhibitors may have clinical utility given the widespread pathogenetic role of MYC in cancer...
- Immunohistochemical double-hit score is a strong predictor of outcome in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma treated with rituximab plus cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisoneTina Marie Green
Department of Pathology, Odense University Hospital, J B Winsløws Vej 15, DK 5000 Odense C, Denmark
J Clin Oncol 30:3460-7. 2012..DHLs are characterized by poor outcome. We tested whether DLBCLs with high expression of MYC protein and BCL2 protein share the clinical features and poor prognosis of DHLs...
- CIP2A inhibits PP2A in human malignanciesMelissa R Junttila
Centre for Biotechnology, University of Turku and Abo Akademi University, 20520 Turku, Finland
Cell 130:51-62. 2007..Thus, our data show that CIP2A is a human oncoprotein that inhibits PP2A and stabilizes c-Myc in human malignancies...
- Concurrent expression of MYC and BCL2 in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma treated with rituximab plus cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisoneNathalie A Johnson
British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Clin Oncol 30:3452-9. 2012..We investigated whether expression of MYC protein, with or without BCL2 protein expression, could risk-stratify patients at diagnosis...
- NOTCH1 directly regulates c-MYC and activates a feed-forward-loop transcriptional network promoting leukemic cell growthTeresa Palomero
Institute for Cancer Genetics and Joint Centers for Systems Biology, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:18261-6. 2006..These results identify c-MYC as an essential mediator of NOTCH1 signaling and integrate NOTCH1 activation with oncogenic signaling pathways upstream of c-MYC...
- HIF-1alpha induces cell cycle arrest by functionally counteracting MycMinori Koshiji
Laboratory of Human Carcinogenesis, NCI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
EMBO J 23:1949-56. 2004..Hence, we propose that Myc is an integral part of a novel HIF-1alpha pathway, which regulates a distinct group of Myc target genes in response to hypoxia...
- Hypoxia-inducible factor 1 and dysregulated c-Myc cooperatively induce vascular endothelial growth factor and metabolic switches hexokinase 2 and pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase 1Jung whan Kim
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:7381-93. 2007....
- Nuclear MYC protein overexpression is an early alteration in human prostate carcinogenesisBora Gurel
Department of Pathology, The Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Mod Pathol 21:1156-67. 2008....
- The novel ATM-related protein TRRAP is an essential cofactor for the c-Myc and E2F oncoproteinsS B McMahon
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, New Jersey 08544 1014, USA
Cell 94:363-74. 1998..These data suggest that TRRAP is an essential cofactor for both the c-Myc and E1A/E2F oncogenic transcription factor pathways...
- SOX2 has a crucial role in the lineage determination and proliferation of mesenchymal stem cells through Dickkopf-1 and c-MYCS B Park
Adult Stem Cell Research Center, College of Veterinary Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Cell Death Differ 19:534-45. 2012..Therefore, these results suggest that SOX2 might have a specific function by regulating DKK1 and c-MYC in the differentiation and growth of ASCs, which is separate from its roles in ESCs...
- Widespread microRNA repression by Myc contributes to tumorigenesisTsung Cheng Chang
McKusick Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Nat Genet 40:43-50. 2008..We further show that enforced expression of repressed miRNAs diminishes the tumorigenic potential of lymphoma cells. These results demonstrate that extensive reprogramming of the miRNA transcriptome by Myc contributes to tumorigenesis...
- Direct role of nucleotide metabolism in C-MYC-dependent proliferation of melanoma cellsSudha Mannava
Department of Cell Stress Biology, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Buffalo, New York 14263, USA
Cell Cycle 7:2392-400. 2008..Our data establish a novel functional link between C-MYC and dNTP metabolism and identify its role in proliferation of tumor cells...
- The c-MYC oncoprotein, the NAMPT enzyme, the SIRT1-inhibitor DBC1, and the SIRT1 deacetylase form a positive feedback loopAntje Menssen
Experimental and Molecular Pathology, Institute of Pathology, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, D 80337 Munich, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:E187-96. 2012..Constitutive activation of this positive feedback loop may contribute to the development and maintenance of tumors in the context of deregulated c-MYC...
- Myc represses differentiation-induced p21CIP1 expression via Miz-1-dependent interaction with the p21 core promoterSiqin Wu
Upsala Genetic Center, Department of Plant Biology, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
Oncogene 22:351-60. 2003..In conclusion, repression of differentiation-induced p21 expression through Miz-1 may be an important mechanism by which Myc blocks differentiation...
- Expression pattern of Oct-4, Sox2, and c-Myc in the primary culture of human dental pulp derived cellsLu Liu
Department of Operative Dentistry and Endodontics, Guanghua School of Stomatology, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
J Endod 37:466-72. 2011....
- B-cell activating factor and v-Myc myelocytomatosis viral oncogene homolog (c-Myc) influence progression of chronic lymphocytic leukemiaWeizhou Zhang
Laboratory of Gene Regulation and Signal Transduction, Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Moores Cancer Center, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:18956-60. 2010....
- c-Myc associates with ribosomal DNA and activates RNA polymerase I transcriptionAzadeh Arabi
Södertörns högskola, S 141 89 Huddinge, Sweden
Nat Cell Biol 7:303-10. 2005..These results suggest that c-Myc coordinates the activity of all three nuclear RNA polymerases, and thereby plays a key role in regulating ribosome biogenesis and cell growth...
- Gain of MYC underlies recurrent trisomy of the MYC chromosome in acute promyelocytic leukemiaLetetia Jones
Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center and Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
J Exp Med 207:2581-94. 2010..In addition, we found that human myeloid leukemias with trisomy 8 have increased MYC. These data show that gain of MYC can contribute to the pathogenic effect of the most common trisomy of human AML...
- Estrogen induces c-myc gene expression via an upstream enhancer activated by the estrogen receptor and the AP-1 transcription factorChunyu Wang
Department of Clinical Cancer Prevention, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Endocrinol 25:1527-38. 2011..These results solve the long-standing question in the field of endocrinology of how estrogen induces c-myc expression...
- MYC protein inhibits transcription of the microRNA cluster MC-let-7a-1~let-7d via noncanonical E-boxZifeng Wang
Laboratory of Integrated Biosciences, School of Life Sciences, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
J Biol Chem 286:39703-14. 2011....
- Characterization of the colorectal cancer-associated enhancer MYC-335 at 8q24: the role of rs67491583Sari Tuupanen
Department of Medical Genetics, Genome Scale Biology Research Program, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Cancer Genet 205:25-33. 2012....
- RNA interference-mediated c-MYC inhibition prevents cell growth and decreases sensitivity to radio- and chemotherapy in childhood medulloblastoma cellsAndre O Von Bueren
Neuro Oncology Program, University Children s Hospital, Zurich, Switzerland
BMC Cancer 9:10. 2009..Deregulation of c-MYC is evident in numerous human cancers. In MB, over-expression of c-MYC has been shown to cause anaplasia and correlate with unfavorable prognosis...
- AP4 encodes a c-MYC-inducible repressor of p21Peter Jung
Molecular Tumorpathology, Institute of Pathology, Ruhr University Bochum, D 44789 Bochum, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:15046-51. 2008..Notably, AP4 is specifically expressed in colonic progenitor and colorectal carcinoma cells. In conclusion, our results indicate that c-MYC employs AP4 to maintain cells in a proliferative, progenitor-like state...
- The Arf tumor suppressor protein inhibits Miz1 to suppress cell adhesion and induce apoptosisBarbara Herkert
Theodor Boveri Institute and 2 Rudolf Virchow Center, University of Wurzburg, D 97070 Wurzburg, Germany
J Cell Biol 188:905-18. 2010..Our data point to a tumor-suppressive pathway that weakens cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions in response to expression of Arf and that may thereby facilitate the elimination of cells harboring an oncogenic mutation...
- c-MYC: more than just a matter of life and deathStella Pelengaris
Molecular Medicine Research Centre, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
Nat Rev Cancer 2:764-76. 2002..Regulatable transgenic mouse models of oncogenesis have shed light on these issues and provide hope for effective cancer therapies...
- The PVT-1 oncogene is a Myc protein target that is overexpressed in transformed cellsLetizia Carramusa
Dipartimento di Oncologia Sperimentale e Applicazioni Cliniche, Universita di Palermo, Palermo, Italy
J Cell Physiol 213:511-8. 2007..The results of transfection experiments in RAT1-MycER cells and chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) assays in proliferating and differentiated neuroblastoma cells indicate that PVT-1 is a downstream target of Myc proteins...
- MYC insertions in diffuse-type gastric adenocarcinomaDanielle Queiroz Calcagno
Human Cytogenetics Laboratory, Institute of Biological Sciences, Federal University of Para, Belem, Para, Brazil
Anticancer Res 29:2479-83. 2009..MYC is important in gastric carcinogenesis. A few studies reported MYC translocation or insertion associated with gastric cancer...
- The FUSE/FBP/FIR/TFIIH system is a molecular machine programming a pulse of c-myc expressionJuhong Liu
Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 1500, USA
EMBO J 25:2119-30. 2006..Engineering FUSE into episomal vectors predictably re-programmed metallothionein-promoter-driven reporter expression. The in vitro recruitment of FBP and FIR to dynamically stressed c-myc DNA paralleled the in vivo process...
- The ubiquitin-specific protease USP28 is required for MYC stabilityNikita Popov
Institute of Molecular Biology and Tumor Research, Emil Mannkopff Str 2, 35033 Marburg, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 9:765-74. 2007..High expression levels of USP28 are found in colon and breast carcinomas, and stabilization of MYC by USP28 is essential for tumour-cell proliferation...
- A core MYC gene expression signature is prominent in basal-like breast cancer but only partially overlaps the core serum responseSanjay Chandriani
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e6693. 2009..The MYC oncogene contributes to induction and growth of many cancers but the full spectrum of the MYC transcriptional response remains unclear...
- 8q24 prostate, breast, and colon cancer risk loci show tissue-specific long-range interaction with MYCNasim Ahmadiyeh
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:9742-6. 2010..We therefore propose that the 8q24 risk loci operate through a common mechanism-as tissue-specific enhancers of MYC...
- MM-1, a novel c-Myc-associating protein that represses transcriptional activity of c-MycK Mori
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Hokkaido University, Kita ku, Sapporo 060, Japan
J Biol Chem 273:29794-800. 1998..Furthermore, MM-1 repressed the activation of E-box-dependent transcription by c-Myc...
- A ribosomal protein L23-nucleophosmin circuit coordinates Mizl function with cell growthMichael Wanzel
Institute for Molecular Biology and Tumor Research IMT, Emil Mannkopff Str 2, 35033 Marburg, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 10:1051-61. 2008..As L23 is encoded by a direct target gene of Myc, this regulatory circuit may provide a feedback mechanism that links translation of Myc target genes and cell growth to Miz1-dependent cell-cycle arrest...
- Six lysine residues on c-Myc are direct substrates for acetylation by p300Kangling Zhang
Department of Chemistry, University of California at Riverside, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 336:274-80. 2005..Our results further indicate that p300 can acetylate DNA-bound Myc:Max complexes and that acetylated Myc:Max heterodimers efficiently interact with Miz-1...
- New model systems provide insights into Myc-induced transformationA R Wasylishen
Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Oncogene 30:3727-34. 2011....
- Ribosomal protein L11 recruits miR-24/miRISC to repress c-Myc expression in response to ribosomal stressKishore B Challagundla
Department of Molecular and Medical Genetics, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Mol Cell Biol 31:4007-21. 2011..Together, our results identify a novel regulatory paradigm wherein L11 plays a critical role in controlling c-myc mRNA turnover via recruiting miRISC in response to ribosomal stress...
- c-Myc inhibition prevents leukemia initiation in mice and impairs the growth of relapsed and induction failure pediatric T-ALL cellsJustine E Roderick
Department of Cancer Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA
Blood 123:1040-50. 2014..These findings demonstrate a critical role for c-Myc in LIC maintenance and provide evidence that MYC inhibition may be an effective therapy for relapsed/IF T-ALL patients. ..
- Expressions of p53, c-MYC, BCL-2 and apoptotic index in human osteosarcoma and their correlations with prognosis of patientsXing Wu
Department of Orthopaedics, Shanghai Tenth People s Hospital, Tongji University School of Medicine, China
Cancer Epidemiol 36:212-6. 2012....
- The guanine-quadruplex structure in the human c-myc gene's promoter is converted into B-DNA form by the human poly(ADP-ribose)polymerase-1Anna Fekete
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
PLoS ONE 7:e42690. 2012..PARP-1 might be a new member of the group of proteins participating in the regulation of transcription through their interactions with GQ structures present in the promoters of different genes...
- Secondary genomic rearrangements involving immunoglobulin or MYC loci show similar prevalences in hyperdiploid and nonhyperdiploid myeloma tumorsAna Gabrea
Genetics Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 47:573-90. 2008..We conclude that IG light chain and MYC rearrangements, as well as secondary IGH rearrangements, make similar contributions to the progression of both HRD and NHRD MM tumors...
- HepaCAM induces G1 phase arrest and promotes c-Myc degradation in human renal cell carcinomaQiao Lin Zhang
Department of Laboratory Diagnosis, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing 400016, China
J Cell Biochem 112:2910-9. 2011..Thus, our research implies that the decrease in c-Myc protein expression, resulting from ectopic expression of hepaCAM, may contribute to the inhibition of proliferation in these cells...
- A non-AUG translational initiation in c-myc exon 1 generates an N-terminally distinct protein whose synthesis is disrupted in Burkitt's lymphomasS R Hann
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98104
Cell 52:185-95. 1988..In Burkitt's lymphomas, the removal or specific mutation of exon 1 in c-myc translocations correlates with suppression of synthesis of the larger protein, and thus may contribute to the oncogenic activation of c-myc...
- Overexpression of c-myc in pancreatic cancer caused by ectopic activation of NFATc1 and the Ca2+/calcineurin signaling pathwayMalte Buchholz
Translational Genome Research Group, Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
EMBO J 25:3714-24. 2006..Together, these results demonstrate that ectopic activation of NFATc1 and the Ca2+/calcineurin signaling pathway is an important mechanism of oncogenic c-myc activation in pancreatic cancer...
- Deficiency in glutamine but not glucose induces MYC-dependent apoptosis in human cellsMariia Yuneva
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724, USA
J Cell Biol 178:93-105. 2007....
- Interrelationship between MYC gene numerical aberrations and protein expression in individuals from northern Brazil with early gastric adenocarcinomaLáuren Cláudia Costa Raiol
Human Cytogenetics and Toxicological Genetics Laboratory, Institute of Biological Sciences, Federal University of Para, Campus Universitario do Guama, Av Augusto Correa, 01, CEP 66075 900, Belem, PA, Brazil
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 181:31-5. 2008..These novel findings concerning MYC copy number alteration in early gastric cancer suggest that MYC alteration is observed in the beginning of gastric carcinogenesis and could be used as a therapeutic target...
- MYC high level gene amplification is a distinctive feature of angiosarcomas after irradiation or chronic lymphedemaJohanna Manner
Institute of Pathology, Division of Surgical Oncology and Thoracic Surgery, University Medical Centre Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, D 68135 Mannheim, Germany
Am J Pathol 176:34-9. 2010..This finding may have implications both for the diagnosis and treatment of these tumors...
- Transcriptional suppression of mir-29b-1/mir-29a promoter by c-Myc, hedgehog, and NF-kappaBJustin L Mott
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Cell Biochem 110:1155-64. 2010..Thus, in addition to c-Myc, mir-29 expression can be suppressed by hedgehog signaling and inflammatory pathways, both commonly activated in the genesis of human malignancies...
- Transcriptional regulation of Wnt inhibitory factor-1 by Miz-1/c-MycJ D F Licchesi
Cancer Biology Program, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Oncogene 29:5923-34. 2010..Our data reveal novel insights into c-Myc-mediated DNA methylation-dependent transcriptional silencing, a mechanism that might contribute to the dysregulation of Wnt signaling in cancer...
- The regulatory role of c-MYC on HDAC2 and PcG expression in human multipotent stem cellsDilli Ram Bhandari
Adult Stem Cell Research Center, College of Veterinary Medicine, Seoul National University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Cell Mol Med 15:1603-14. 2011..From this finding, it can be concluded that c-MYC plays a vital role in cell proliferation and differentiation via chromosomal modification...
- Consistent MYC and FLT4 gene amplification in radiation-induced angiosarcoma but not in other radiation-associated atypical vascular lesionsTianhua Guo
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 50:25-33. 2011..Secondary genetic hits, such as FLT4 gene coamplification or KDR mutations, may play a role in tumor progression as well as potential therapeutic targeting...
- The p400 complex is an essential E1A transformation targetM Fuchs
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA, USA
Cell 106:297-307. 2001..Furthermore, E1A and c-myc each alter the subunit composition of p400 complexes, implying that physiological p400 complex formation contributes to transformation suppression...
- Myc sensitizes p53-deficient cancer cells to the DNA-damaging effects of the DNA methyltransferase inhibitor decitabineAndreas Höglund
Department of Molecular Biology, Umea University, Umea, Sweden
Blood 113:4281-8. 2009..In vivo modeling of Myc-induced lymphoma suggests that decitabine constitutes a potential new drug against lymphoma that would selectively sensitize tumor cells but spare normal tissue...
- Tobacco-specific nitrosamine 4-(methylnitrosamino)-1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone promotes functional cooperation of Bcl2 and c-Myc through phosphorylation in regulating cell survival and proliferationZhaohui Jin
University of Florida Shands Cancer Center, Department of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0232, USA
J Biol Chem 279:40209-19. 2004....
- A signalling pathway controlling c-Myc degradation that impacts oncogenic transformation of human cellsElizabeth Yeh
Department of Pharmacology and Cancer Biology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Nat Cell Biol 6:308-18. 2004..Thus, Ras-dependent signalling cascades ensure transient and self-limiting accumulation of c-Myc, disruption of which contributes to human cell oncogenesis...
- MAD1 and c-MYC regulate UBF and rDNA transcription during granulocyte differentiationGretchen Poortinga
Division of Research, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, St Andrews Place, East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
EMBO J 23:3325-35. 2004....
- The Cdk1 complex plays a prime role in regulating N-myc phosphorylation and turnover in neural precursorsSarah K Sjostrom
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Dev Cell 9:327-38. 2005..These findings provide a mechanism for promoting growth arrest in the final cycle of neural precursor proliferation competency, or for resetting the cell cycle in the G1 phase, by destabilizing N-myc in mitosis...
- Dual regulation of c-Myc by p300 via acetylation-dependent control of Myc protein turnover and coactivation of Myc-induced transcriptionFrancesco Faiola
Department of Biochemistry, University of California Riverside, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:10220-34. 2005..Our results suggest dual roles for p300/CBP in Myc regulation: as a Myc coactivator that stabilizes Myc and as an inducer of Myc instability via direct Myc acetylation...
- Ets2 maintains hTERT gene expression and breast cancer cell proliferation by interacting with c-MycDakang Xu
Department of Immunology, Central and Eastern Clinical School, Monash University, AMREP, Prahran, Victoria 3181, Australia
J Biol Chem 283:23567-80. 2008....
- HIF-alpha effects on c-Myc distinguish two subtypes of sporadic VHL-deficient clear cell renal carcinomaJohn D Gordan
Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Cancer Cell 14:435-46. 2008..These reproducible distinctions in ccRCC behavior delineate HIF-alpha effects on c-Myc in vivo and suggest molecular criteria for selecting targeted therapies...
- p63 regulates human keratinocyte proliferation via MYC-regulated gene network and differentiation commitment through cell adhesion-related gene networkNing Wu
Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, Biologie à Grande Echelle, F 38054 Grenoble, France
J Biol Chem 287:5627-38. 2012..Furthermore, we show that the balance between the MYC-controlled cell cycle progression network and the p63-controlled cell adhesion-related network could dictate skin cell fate...
- Evasion of the p53 tumour surveillance network by tumour-derived MYC mutantsMichael T Hemann
Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, 1 Bungtown Road, Cold Spring Harbor, New York 11724, USA
Nature 436:807-11. 2005....
- SKIP interacts with c-Myc and Menin to promote HIV-1 Tat transactivationVanessa Brès
Regulatory Biology Laboratory, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, CA 92037 1099, USA
Mol Cell 36:75-87. 2009..Thus, SKIP acts with c-Myc and Menin to promote HIV-1 Tat:P-TEFb transcription at an elongation step that is bypassed under stress...
- Global mapping of c-Myc binding sites and target gene networks in human B cellsKaren I Zeller
Department of Medicine and The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:17834-9. 2006....
- Differentiation of human embryonic stem cells induces condensation of chromosome territories and formation of heterochromatin protein 1 fociEva Bartova
Laboratory of Molecular Cytology, Cytometry Institute of Biophysics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Kralovopolska 135, 612 65, Brno, Czech Republic
Differentiation 76:24-32. 2008..Differentiated hES cells were characterized by a significantly different nuclear arrangement of the structures studied...
- Repression of p15INK4b expression by Myc through association with Miz-1P Staller
Institute of Molecular Biology and Tumour Research, Emil Mannkopff Strabetae 2, 35033 Marburg, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 3:392-9. 2001..Alleles of c-myc that are unable to bind to Miz-1 fail to inhibit accumulation of p15INK4b messenger RNA in primary cells and are, as a consequence, deficient in immortalization...
- Defective double-strand DNA break repair and chromosomal translocations by MYC overexpressionAsa Karlsson
Department of Medicine, Division of Oncology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305 5151, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:9974-9. 2003..Hence, MYC overexpression may be a previously undescribed example of a dominant mutator that may fuel tumorigenesis by inducing chromosomal damage...
- PARP-10, a novel Myc-interacting protein with poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase activity, inhibits transformationMei Yu
Abteilung Biochemie und Molekularbiologie, Institut fur Biochemie, Klinikum der RWTH, Pauwelsstrasse 30, 52057 Aachen, Germany
Oncogene 24:1982-93. 2005..Together, our findings define a novel PARP enzyme involved in the control of cell proliferation...
- High Myc pathway activity and low stage of neuronal differentiation associate with poor outcome in neuroblastomaErik Fredlund
Center for Molecular Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine, CREATE Health, University Hospital MAS, Lund University, SE 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:14094-9. 2008..These data suggest that pathway-specific gene expression profiling might be useful in the clinic to adjust treatment strategies for children with neuroblastoma...
- MYCN and MYC regulate tumor proliferation and tumorigenesis directly through BMI1 in human neuroblastomasRuimin Huang
Department of Neurology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10065, USA
FASEB J 25:4138-49. 2011....
- TGF-beta induces growth arrest in Burkitt lymphoma cells via transcriptional repression of E2F-1Lindsay C Spender
Growth Factor Signalling Laboratory, The Beatson Institute for Cancer Research, Garscube Estate, Switchback Road, Bearsden, Glasgow, G61 1BD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 284:1435-42. 2009..These data indicate that deregulation of c-MYC in lymphoma cells does not overcome the tumor suppressor function of TGF-beta and that repression of E2F-1 transcription is sufficient for the efficient induction of cytostasis...
- Upregulated c-myc expression in multiple myeloma by internal ribosome entry results from increased interactions with and expression of PTB-1 and YB-1L C Cobbold
Centre for Biomolecular Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK
Oncogene 29:2884-91. 2010....
- Bmi-1, c-myc, and Snail expression in primary breast cancers and their metastases--elevated Bmi-1 expression in late breast cancer relapsesKristiina Joensuu
Department of Pathology, Haartman Institute, University of Helsinki, 00014 Helsinki, Finland
Virchows Arch 459:31-9. 2011..A significant association between the expression of Bmi-1 and estrogen receptor was found. Nuclear expression of c-myc in primary tumors correlated with an increased risk for axillary lymph node metastasis...
- Overexpression of translocation-associated fusion genes of FGFRI, MYC, NPMI, and DEK, but absence of the translocations in acute myeloid leukemia. A microarray analysisMarcelo L Larramendy
Department of Pathology, Haartman Institute, Helsinki University Central Hospital, FIN 00014 University of Helsinki, Haartmaninkatu 3, Helsinki, Finland
Haematologica 87:569-77. 2002..Other molecular genetic changes are less well known. The novel cDNA technology has opened the avenue to large-scale gene expression analysis. Our aim was to perform cDNA microarray analysis of acute myeloid leukemia (AML)...
- Bin1 functionally interacts with Myc and inhibits cell proliferation via multiple mechanismsK Elliott
The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Oncogene 18:3564-73. 1999..These findings supported functional interaction between Myc and Bin1 in cells and indicated that Bin1 could inhibit malignant cell growth through multiple mechanisms...
- Myc regulates embryonic vascular permeability and remodelingEniko Kokai
Institute of Physiological Chemistry, Ulm University, Ulm, Germany
Circ Res 104:1151-9. 2009..Thus, the net outcome of an excess of vascular endothelial growth factor-A and angiopoietin-2 in the face of an elevated cellular turnover appears to be a defect in vascular integrity...
- Quadruplex-duplex competition in the nuclease hypersensitive element of human c-myc promoter: C to T mutation in C-rich strand enhances duplex associationKangkan Halder
Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, CSIR, Mall Road, Delhi 110007, India
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 327:49-56. 2005..2 and approximately 190.6 nM for M3 and P1, respectively). We envisage that the increased affinity for the duplex state due to the mutation could play a functional role in the aberrant regulation of c-myc...
- Notch is oncogenic dominant in T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemiaRenee M Demarest
Molecular Oncology Program, Division of Surgical Oncology, Dewitt Daughtry Family Department of Surgery and University of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
Blood 117:2901-9. 2011..These results demonstrate that T-ALL maintenance is dependent on NOTCH(IC), but not c-MYC, demonstrating that NOTCH is oncogenic dominant in T-ALL tumors...
- Inhibitory effect of c-Myc on p53-induced apoptosis in leukemia cells. Microarray analysis reveals defective induction of p53 target genes and upregulation of chaperone genesEva Ceballos
Departamento de Biología Molecular y Unidad de Biomedicina CSIC, Grupo de Biología Molecular del Cáncer, Facultad de Medicina, University of Cantabria, Santander 39011, Spain
Oncogene 24:4559-71. 2005..Our data suggest that elevated levels of Myc counteract p53 activity in human tumor cells that lack ARF. This mechanism could contribute to explain the c-Myc deregulation frequently found in cancer...
- A conserved Myc protein domain, MBIV, regulates DNA binding, apoptosis, transformation, and G2 arrestVictoria H Cowling
Department of Pharmacology, Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Dartmouth Medical School, One Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:4226-39. 2006..Thus, this conserved domain has an unexpected role in Myc DNA binding activity. These data also provide a novel separation of Myc functions linked to the modulation of DNA binding activity...
- E-cadherin repression contributes to c-Myc-induced epithelial cell transformationV H Cowling
Department of Pharmacology, Dartmouth Medical School, Norris Cotton Cancer Center, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Oncogene 26:3582-6. 2007..E-cadherin expression is repressed by a post-transcriptional mechanism in cells expressing c-Myc. Furthermore, E-cadherin repression is necessary for c-Myc-induced cell transformation...
- MYC rearrangements are useful for predicting outcomes following rituximab and chemotherapy: multicenter analysis of Japanese patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphomaMinoru Kojima
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine
Leuk Lymphoma 54:2149-54. 2013..In conclusion, our data suggest that fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH) analysis for MYC-R can predict outcomes in response to rituximab-containing chemotherapy in Japanese patients with DLBCL...
- Targeting cyclin-dependent kinase 1 (CDK1) but not CDK4/6 or CDK2 is selectively lethal to MYC-dependent human breast cancer cellsJian Kang
The Kinghorn Cancer Centre and Cancer Research Division, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, 370 Victoria Street, Darlinghurst, Sydney, NSW, Australia
BMC Cancer 14:32. 2014..Recent studies have identified several cell cycle kinases as MYC synthetic-lethal genes. We therefore investigated the therapeutic potential of specific cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK) inhibition in MYC-driven breast cancer...
- Stem cell-like micro-RNA signature driven by Myc in aggressive liver cancerStefano Cairo
Oncogenesis and Molecular Virology Unit, Institut Pasteur, 75015 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:20471-6. 2010..Our data argue that Myc-driven reprogramming of miR expression patterns contributes to the aggressive phenotype of liver tumors originating from hepatic progenitor cells...
- Amplification of c-myc and cyclin D1 genes in primary and metastatic carcinomas of the liverYoshihisa Takahashi
Department of Pathology, Teikyo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Pathol Int 57:437-42. 2007..These results indicate that the amplification of the c-myc proto-oncogene is not unusual in HCC and MCA, and its detection may have a useful diagnostic significance in differentiating ICC from MCA or HCC from ICC...
- [Expression and significance of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 and c-myc in laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma]Tingyan Liu
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Affiliated Hospital of Hangzhou Normal University, Hangzhou, 310015, China
Lin Chung Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 24:648-51. 2010..To investigate the expression and clinical significance of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3(STAT3) and its target gene c-myc in laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma (LSCC), and the relationship between the two genes...
- Role of 14-3-3epsilon, c-Myc/Max, and Akt phosphorylation in HIV-1 gp 120-induced mesangial cell proliferationA A Kapasi
Department of Medicine, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, The Long Island Campus for Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New Hyde Park, New York 11040, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 280:F333-42. 2001..These results suggest that HIV-1 gp 120 induces alterations in conflicting survival signaling pathways that contribute to the potential dual effects of gp 120 in promoting or inhibiting HMC proliferation...
- c-Myc-dependent etoposide-induced apoptosis involves activation of Bax and caspases, and PKCdelta signalingAmi Albihn
Microbiology and Tumor Biology Center, Karolinska Institutet, S 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
J Cell Biochem 98:1597-614. 2006..Taken together, these findings suggest that Bax and caspase activation, together with PKCdelta signaling are involved in c-Myc-dependent etoposide-induced apoptosis...
- Differential repression of c-myc and cdc2 gene expression by ERF and PE-1/METSKelly D Hester
Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program, Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
Cell Cycle 6:1594-604. 2007....
- Stem cell-related proteins C-KIT, C-MYC and BMI-1 in juvenile nasopharyngeal angiofibroma--do they have a role?Suvi Renkonen
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Virchows Arch 458:189-95. 2011....
- The Pim protein kinases regulate energy metabolism and cell growthZanna Beharry
Department of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences, South Carolina College of Pharmacy, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:528-33. 2011..These results demonstrate the Pim kinase-mediated control of energy metabolism and thus regulation of AMPK activity. We identify an important role for Pim-3 in modulating c-Myc and PGC-1α protein levels and cell growth...
- MYC stimulates EZH2 expression by repression of its negative regulator miR-26aSandrine Sander
Institute of Physiological Chemistry, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Blood 112:4202-12. 2008..Thus, in addition to directly targeting protein-coding genes, MYC modulates genes important to oncogenesis via deregulation of miRNAs, thereby vitally contributing to MYC-induced lymphomagenesis...
- Identification of functional networks of estrogen- and c-Myc-responsive genes and their relationship to response to tamoxifen therapy in breast cancerElizabeth A Musgrove
Cancer Research Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, Australia
PLoS ONE 3:e2987. 2008..Endocrine therapies targeting the estrogen receptor are effective in breast cancer, but their success is limited by intrinsic and acquired resistance...
- "Myc'ed messages": myc induces transcription of E2F1 while inhibiting its translation via a microRNA polycistronHilary A Coller
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey, United States of America
PLoS Genet 3:e146. 2007..We consider the possibility that members of this polycistronic microRNA cluster help cells to integrate signals from the environment and decide whether a signal should be interpreted as proliferative or apoptotic...
- TRRAP-dependent and TRRAP-independent transcriptional activation by Myc family oncoproteinsMikhail A Nikiforov
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Washington Road, Princeton, NJ 08544 1014, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:5054-63. 2002..Nevertheless, L-Myc is a potent activator of several basally expressed genes and can fully restore the growth defect of myc-null cells. These results suggest a differential requirement for TRRAP for several Myc-mediated activities...
- c-MYC Asn11Ser is associated with increased risk for familial breast cancerMichael Wirtenberger
Division of Molecular Genetic Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Centre DKFZ, Heidelberg
Int J Cancer 117:638-42. 2005..Due to the pivotal role of c-MYC in diverse tumours, this variant might affect the genetic susceptibility of other cancers as well...
- The c-myc insulator element and matrix attachment regions define the c-myc chromosomal domainWendy M Gombert
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:9338-48. 2003..The MARs of the c-myc domain do not act to prevent the association of flanking regions with lysine 9-methylated histones, suggesting that they do not function as barrier elements...
- The essential cofactor TRRAP recruits the histone acetyltransferase hGCN5 to c-MycS B McMahon
Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, New Jersey 08544 1014, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:556-62. 2000....
- Binding of c-Myc to chromatin mediates mitogen-induced acetylation of histone H4 and gene activationS R Frank
Department of Oncology, DNAX Research Institute, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Genes Dev 15:2069-82. 2001..Myc therefore governs a step, most likely H4 acetylation, that is required but not sufficient for transcriptional activation. We propose that Myc acts as a permissive factor, allowing additional signals to activate target promoters...
- Pag, a putative tumor suppressor, interacts with the Myc Box II domain of c-Myc and selectively alters its biological function and target gene expressionZhao Mei Mu
Section of Hematology Oncology, The Children s Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Biol Chem 277:43175-84. 2002..These features, along with the previously identified interaction with c-Abl, provide support for the idea that Pag functions as a tumor suppressor...
- c-Myc transformation domain recruits the human STAGA complex and requires TRRAP and GCN5 acetylase activity for transcription activationXiaohui Liu
Department of Biochemistry, University of California, Riverside 92521, USA
J Biol Chem 278:20405-12. 2003..Thus, TRRAP might function as an adaptor within the STAGA complex, which helps recruit GCN5 HAT activity to Myc during transcription activation...
- NF-kappaB N-myc in Oncogenic Pathways of the CNSRaquel Sitcheran; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies have the potential to offer new insight into drug design targeting oncogenic pathways regulated by NF-KB and N-myc. ..
- Structure-based design of novel low molecular weight c-Myc inhibitorsEDWARD VICTOR PROCHOWNIK; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Investigation of Myc Oncoprotein in B lymphocyte Development and TransformationBrian M Iritani; Fiscal Year: 2012..Experiments described in this proposal will utilize transgenic and knockout mice to help elucidate the normal functions of Myc in lymphocyte development, and how deregulated Myc potently stimulates cells to divide in cancer. ..
- Andrei Goga; Fiscal Year: 2014..The knowledge gained from these studies will facilitate the development of new therapeutics that target tumor cells with particular genetic changes by precisely inhibiting the cell division cycle. ..
- Interplay of Myc, Tumor Supressors and Regulators of Differentiation in LymphomaJohn L Cleveland; Fiscal Year: 2012..Since Myc oncoproteins are activated in up to 70% of all cancers, our discoveries may provide the foundation for developing new agents that are broadly effectively in cancer prevention and treatment. ..
- Chi V Dang; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Analysis of the Human c-myc Gene Replication OriginMichael Leffak; Fiscal Year: 2012..Thus, our studies are likely to provide fundamental new insight into the mechanisms of DNA replication, the origins of genetic diseases, and new models for disease treatment. ..
- Investigation of a novel regulator of Myc-driven tumorigenesisMark W Gramling; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our studies should also define the potential of MTBP and its interacting factors as therapeutic targets in Myc driven malignancies. ..
- Functional analysis of transcriptional program regulated by the c-MYC oncoproteinSteven B McMahon; Fiscal Year: 2012..each year. Understanding the cellular changes induced by MYC will provide us with novel targets for therapeutic intervention in these patients. The studies proposed here are aimed at a precise mechanistic delineation of the MYC pathway. ..
- ROBERT NEIL EISENMAN; Fiscal Year: 2016..Importantly, myc genes are mutated and deregulated in a very wide range of human cancers. Detailed knowledge of the molecular functions of myc will be critical for detection, diagnosis and treatment of human cancers. ..
- David A Thorley-Lawson; Fiscal Year: 2016..It will also have the direct clinical implication that intervention to reduce the malarial burden and the ability of malarial antigens to trigger AID could dramatically reduce the incidence of an important childhood lymphoma - eBL. ..
- Carol E Schrader; Fiscal Year: 2014..We will investigate what makes these other sites targets for AID, and for DNA break formation. Thus our studies will also shed light on the important question of how AID chooses its targets. ..
- Xin Li; Fiscal Year: 2014..e. those with PIN or high-grade PIN). The novel combined cancer prevention therapy using metformin and mTOR inhibitors proposed in this study may display promising synergistic efficacy and will be translational to clinical application. ..
- A Mouse Model for the Rare Plasma Cell Disease AL AmyloidosisDavid C Seldin; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Mapping the functional major histocompatibility complex genes in zebrafishJILL L DE JONG; Fiscal Year: 2012..Discovery of the functional MHC genes would open the door for zebrafish researchers studying many aspects of transplantation and vertebrate biology. ..
- Coordinate Regulation of p53 and c-MYC in an HTLV-1 Model of CarcinogenesisRobert L Harrod; Fiscal Year: 2012..This R15 AREA project will provide excellent cancer research training opportunities for undergraduates and graduate students to better prepare them for future careers in the basic or clinical oncological sciences. ..
- Anil K Rustgi; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our studies hope to reveal new paradigms in CRC pathogenesis, and offer opportunities for exploiting this knowledge in novel diagnostics and therapeutics. ..
- Temporally controlled oncogene expression in a novel pancreatic cancer modelKay Uwe Wagner; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- "Oncorequisite" Genes in MYC-mediated TransformationHui Feng; Fiscal Year: 2010..By identifying mutant genes that delay the onset of Myc-driven T-cell leukemia in fish, this project seeks to discover molecules that could serve as useful targets for therapeutic intervention in human cancers. ..
- MICHAEL DAVID COLE; Fiscal Year: 2014..The goal of the project is to understand how mutations change c-myc function in some cancers and how inherited variations near c-myc in the human genome can increase the risk of cancer. ..
- Comparative Mechanisms of Genomic InstabilityKaren M Vasquez; Fiscal Year: 2010..These discoveries should begin to unravel the pathogenesis of diseases that are caused by genomic instability, and ultimately to the development of new approaches for treatment and prevention. ..
- Hybridization of Promoter DNA Targets in Chromatin to Discover Regulatory ProteinLINDA B MC GOWN; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- David M Hockenbery; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Targeting c-Myc and Akt with PP2A reactivation therapy for the treatment of breasDale J Christensen; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Hui Feng; Fiscal Year: 2014..The rationale and feasibility of this approach are well-illustrated by my data acquired during the K99 phase. ..
- Identification and Characterization of Liver Cancer Stem CellsDAVID BELLOVIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ultimate consequences of this study would be to gain insight into the development of liver cancer, while potentially identifying novel therapeutic targets for this especially lethal disease. ..
- Zebrafish Chemical and Classical Genetics Approach to the Pathogenesis of T-ALLAlejandro Gutierrez; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Disruption of HLA Class II-Mediated Immune Recognition of B-Cell LymphomasAzizul Haque; Fiscal Year: 2013..The elucidated findings will likely spur development of novel strategies to restore CD4+ T cell recognition and clearance of BL and other B-cell lymphomas. ..
- ERICH SABIO; Fiscal Year: 2014..Due to the extensive association between miRNA dysregulation and cancer, the valuable insights we will gain through these studies will have a broad impact on global health. ..
- Yanxin Pei; Fiscal Year: 2014..If these studies are successful, they will help identify novel approaches to preventing tumor relapse in MYC-driven MB and other malignancies. ! ..
- Besim Ogretmen; Fiscal Year: 2016..Moreover, these studies will lead to the development of mechanism-based novel therapeutic strategies for improved NSCLC treatment to selectively inhibit oncogenic SK2/S1P/hTERT/c-Myc axis without affecting telomere-length regulation. ..
- C-MYC EXPRESSION AND APOPTOSIS IN B CELLSGAIL SONENSHEIN; Fiscal Year: 2007..RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page .................................................................................................................................................. 1 Description, ..
- OLIGONUCLEOTIDE INHIBITION OF CELL PROLIFERATIONEric Wickstrom; Fiscal Year: 2000..The lead compounds resulting from these studies will then be translated to a separate collaborative application for a Phase I/II clinical trial. ..
- TSHR and thyrocyte developmentReigh Yi Lin; Fiscal Year: 2013..The goal of this project is to combine the advantages of embryonic stem cells and induced pluripotent stem cells with the powerful genetic tools available in mouse models to take a unique approach to thyroid development and disease. ..
- FOXP3-microRNA146-NFkB Axis in Tumor SuppressionLizhong Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of apoptosis by PI 3-kinase/Akt signalingGeoffrey M Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2012..The present proposal seeks to further understand the mechanism by which this pathway regulates cell survival. Discoveries of novel targets of PI 3-kinase signaling may provide new targets for cancer treatment. ..
- Development of Ets2-InhibitorsDEV ARYA; Fiscal Year: 2009..Using neomycin's ability to stabilize triplexes and deliver TFOs, neomycin-TFO (PS) conjugates will be developed as triplex-forming anticancer agents. ..
- Regulation and Role of Ornithine Decarboxylase in Cell Proliferation and CancerJohn L Cleveland; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- MYC ONCOPROTEIN FUNCTIONROBERT NEIL EISENMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..1 Description, ..
- MATTHEW THOMAS HURD; Fiscal Year: 2014..Various methods, including chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) assays, RNA interference (RNAi), and reporter gene assays will be used. ..
- Opposing and complementary roles of KLF1 and KLF2 in erythropoiesisJoyce A Lloyd; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- The Oncogenic Significance of Cyclin Overexpression and Smad 3 Tumor SuppressionJacqueline Sara Jeruss; Fiscal Year: 2012..Therapeutic targeting of CDK/cyclin activity to restore Smad 3 tumor suppression may hold promise for patients with cyclin overexpressing and basal-like breast cancers, who currently have the disease sub-type with the worst prognosis. ..
- Analyses of the Molecular Functions for D-CyclinsPeter Sicinski; Fiscal Year: 2013..cancer patients is entertained: (1) Are D-cyclins required for normal cell proliferation and function in the adult organism? (2) Would blocking cyclin D function in oncogenically transformed cells revert the oncogenic transformation? ..
- Functions of an E1A-Associated Cellular ProteinBayar Thimmapaya; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Sarah K Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2016..Following the completion of my Ph.D. degree, I will return to the University Of Colorado School Of Medicine to complete my medical coursework and clinical rotations. ..
- Directed Evolution of Peptide Inhibitors of Myc-Max Dimerization (PQ18)ROBERT NEIL EISENMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..directed evolution and biological validation, we will assess the molecular and functional mechanisms of inhibition to ensure protein specificity and therapeutic efficacy in reducing levels of activated Myc and attenuating tumor growth ..
- c-Myc Phosphorylation Sites Regulate Its Apoptotic and Tumorigenic PotentialRosalie C Sears; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- DANIEL A BARRON; Fiscal Year: 2015..Such information is vital to understanding the contribution of Dlc1 to human carcinogenesis and may provide new opportunities to develop targeted therapies for cancers with deregulated Dlc1. ..
- A model system to study the tumor suppressor APC and its role in Wnt regulation.David Roberts; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus we can take advantage of the speed of this simpler genetic model system to investigate questions important to the progression and treatment of human colon cancer. ..
- Kinetic Analysis of Myc-induced carcinogenesis in vivoGERARD IAN EVAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- c-Myc transcription in intestinal growth, differentiation, and carcinogenesisGregory S Yochum; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our studies address the fundamental mechanisms underlying b-catenin regulation of normal gastrointestinal development and homeostasis as well as the pathogenesis of intestinal malignancy. ..
- Ina Dobrinski; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Structure and function of the U3 RNA-protein complexCarl C Correll; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- ANGELA NICOLE KOEHLER; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- TAS::75 0849::TAS IN THIS PHASE I SBIR THE BREAST CANCER ADENOCARCINOMA CELL LIShaharyar Khan; Fiscal Year: 2010..Gencia has developed a recombinant form of human TFAM, the mitochondrial transcription factor A (rhTFAM), modified to allow it to traverse cellular barriers and to be specifically imported into the mitochondria. ..
- The Role of HNF4alpha in Cell ProliferationLinh Vuong; Fiscal Year: 2013..These two systems will provide complementary approaches to address the fundamental dichotomy between cell proliferation and cell differentiation in liver development and disease. ..
- The Role of OTX2 in Molecular Pathogenesis of MedulloblastomaHai Yan; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Joan Massague; Fiscal Year: 2014..Building on this progress, we will investigate the connectivity and regulation of TGF-beta and BMP pathways with other major regulators of cell behavior in the normal and the malignant state. ..
- BLAIR BERNARD MADISON; Fiscal Year: 2016..Determining how LIN28B functions in the intestinal crypt will likely provide an important link among the cellular mechanisms governing epithelial proliferation, differentiation, and/or mucosal regeneration. ..
- Mechanisms of the hypoxic response underlying tumor progressionL Eric Huang; Fiscal Year: 2012..We anticipate this study will help define the molecular basis for the development of novel therapeutics. ..
- CONTROL OF PROSTATE-SPECIFIC GENE EXPRESSIONRobert J Matusik; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Iannis Aifantis; Fiscal Year: 2014..Our studies have direct translational impact as they address the function of a central regulator of HSC ability to replenish the immune system that at the same time functions as a tumor suppressor in leukemia. ..
- Novel TIRF microscopy analyzing trafficking & signaling at the cell cortexDerek Toomre; Fiscal Year: 2009..Consistent with the recovery act's goal, this funding will provide full-time summer employment for 4 undergraduate students and accelerate scientific achievement of the parent DP2 award...
- David J Shapiro; Fiscal Year: 2014..Microarray studies using IMP-1 negative cells will assess possible off-target effects of the lead inhibitor. Lead structures will be confirmed, leads resynthesized and structural studies of inhibitor bound to IMP-1 will be initiated. ..
- OLGA ANCZUKOW-CAMARDA; Fiscal Year: 2014..This plan will establish the basis for my independent research program, in which I plan to contribute to the development of new cancer therapies based on modulating the expression and activity of splicing factors or their targets. ..
- ASISH KUMAR GHOSH; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Gregory B Lesinski; Fiscal Year: 2016..These studies will provide a comprehensive, translational understanding of how dietary soy and its isoflavone components modulate aspects of immunity relevant to prostate cancer development and progression. ..
- LONING NONE FU; Fiscal Year: 2014..Our studies will lead to a better understanding of the mechanism of cancer and to the development of novel therapeutic strategies for cancer prevention and treatment. ..
- Ronald B Gartenhaus; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- c-Myc, growth factor and breast cancerDezhong Liao; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Xin Li; Fiscal Year: 2016..The outcomes of our study are expected to have exceptionally high potential to re- shape current key concept and paradigms about the role of metformin in prostate cancer treatment. ..
- Role of B-cell oncogenes and microRNA-34 in B-lymphopoiesis and neoplasiaDinesh S Rao; Fiscal Year: 2013..Hence, these studies have a direct relevance to public health and most importantly, to patients living with these diseases. ..
- Fnip1 Function in Lymphocyte Development, Activation and MetabolismBrian M Iritani; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- The LIN28b-Let7 axis in intestinal epithelial biologyAnil K Rustgi; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- JURGEN T ROHR; Fiscal Year: 2016..New resulting MTM analogues will be submitted to the NCI DTP (developmental therapeutics program) for further mechanistic investigations. ..
- Xuefeng Liu; Fiscal Year: 2014..These studies will provide new insights into a basic event in the etiology of cancer. ..
- Joshua T Mendell; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Live cell imaging of IgH and c-Myc gene loci and the role of nuclear organizationMark T Groudine; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will first determine the mechanism by which these gene loci interact with transcription factories and then determine if forcibly separating the two loci decreases the frequency of their translocations. ..
- Modulation of c-MYC Functions in an HTLV-1 Model for CarcinogenesisRobert Harrod; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies may lead to the development of targeted therapeutic strategies to inhibit c-MYC oncogenic functions in hematological malignancies and solid tumors. ..
- Role for DKC1 in cell proliferation and transformationFaizan Alawi; Fiscal Year: 2009..Identifying DKC1 as an essential effector of c-MYC-mediated tumorigenesis may also lead to new targeted therapies for c-MYC-positive tumors. ..
- ELAV-LIKE PROTEINS IN NEUROBLASTOMASusan Cohn; Fiscal Year: 2000..Thus, ultimately, these studies may provide the clues necessary for the development of effective therapy for children with NB tumors that express high levels of N-myc and are clinically aggressive. ..