Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CCL21
Description: C-C motif chemokine ligand 21
Alias: 6Ckine, CKb9, ECL, SCYA21, SLC, TCA4, C-C motif chemokine 21, Efficient Chemoattractant for Lymphocytes, beta chemokine exodus-2, chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 21, secondary lymphoid tissue chemokine, small inducible cytokine subfamily A (Cys-Cys), member 21
Publications256 found, 100 shown here
- Cathepsin D specifically cleaves the chemokines macrophage inflammatory protein-1 alpha, macrophage inflammatory protein-1 beta, and SLC that are expressed in human breast cancerMarlene Wolf
Theodor Kocher Institute, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Am J Pathol 162:1183-90. 2003..and T47D, selectively degrade macrophage inflammatory protein (MIP)-1 alpha (CCL3), MIP-1 beta (CCL4), and SLC (CCL21)...
- HIV type 1 glycoprotein 120 inhibits human B cell chemotaxis to CXC chemokine ligand (CXCL) 12, CC chemokine ligand (CCL)20, and CCL21Gamal Badr
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 131, Institut Paris Sud sur les Cytokines, Clamart, France
J Immunol 175:302-10. 2005..X4 and X4/R5 gp120 inhibited B cell chemotaxis toward CXCL12, CCL20, and CCL21 by 40-50%, whereas R5 gp120 decreased inhibition by 20%...
- Analysis of 17 autoimmune disease-associated variants in type 1 diabetes identifies 6q23/TNFAIP3 as a susceptibility locusE Y M G Fung
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Wellcome Trust Diabetes and Inflammation Laboratory, Department of Medical Genetics, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Genes Immun 10:188-91. 2009..70 x 10(-3) to 3.20 x 10(-5). These findings extend our knowledge of susceptibility locus sharing across different autoimmune diseases, and provide convincing evidence that the RA/SLE locus 6q23/TNFAIP3 is a newly identified T1D locus...
- Molecular cloning of a novel human CC chemokine secondary lymphoid-tissue chemokine that is a potent chemoattractant for lymphocytes and mapped to chromosome 9p13M Nagira
Shionogi Institute for Medical Science, 2 5 1 Mishima, Settsu shi, Osaka 566, Japan
J Biol Chem 272:19518-24. 1997..hybrids, radiation hybrids, and selected yeast and bacterial artificial chromosome clones, we mapped the SLC gene (SCYA21) at chromosome 9p13 and between chromosomal markers, D9S1978(WI-8765) and AFM326vd1, where the gene for another ..
- Identification and characterization of a novel beta chemokine containing six conserved cysteinesJ A Hedrick
DNAX Research Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Immunol 159:1589-93. 1997..of a novel beta (CC) chemokine that exhibits an unusual pattern of six conserved cysteines and was thus designated 6Ckine. The primary amino acid sequence of 6Ckine is highly conserved in humans, mice, and pigs and contains the expected ..
- Isolation and characterization of Exodus-2, a novel C-C chemokine with a unique 37-amino acid carboxyl-terminal extensionR Hromas
Department of Medicine, Indiana University Medical Center, Indianapolis 46202, USA
J Immunol 159:2554-8. 1997..The combination of these characteristics may be a functional correlate for the unique carboxyl-terminal structure of Exodus-2...
- Secondary lymphoid-tissue chemokine is a functional ligand for the CC chemokine receptor CCR7R Yoshida
Shionogi Institute for Medical Science, 2 5 1 Mishima, Settsu shi, Osaka 566, Japan
J Biol Chem 273:7118-22. 1998Secondary Lymphoid-tissue Chemokine (SLC) is a recently identified CC chemokine that is constitutively expressed in various lymphoid tissues and is a potent and specific chemoattractant for lymphocytes...
- 6-C-kine (SLC), a lymphocyte adhesion-triggering chemokine expressed by high endothelium, is an agonist for the MIP-3beta receptor CCR7J J Campbell
Laboratory of Immunology and Vascular Biology, Department of Pathology, Stanford University Medical School, Stanford, California 94305, USA
J Cell Biol 141:1053-9. 1998The beta chemokine known as 6-C-kine, secondary lymphoid-tissue chemokine (SLC), TCA4, or Exodus-2 (herein referred to as 6CK/SLC) can trigger rapid integrin-dependent arrest of lymphocytes rolling under physiological shear and is highly ..
- Cutting edge: species specificity of the CC chemokine 6Ckine signaling through the CXC chemokine receptor CXCR3: human 6Ckine is not a ligand for the human or mouse CXCR3 receptorsC H Jenh
Department of Immunology, Schering Plough Research Institute, Kenilworth, NJ 07033, USA
J Immunol 162:3765-9. 1999The CC chemokine known as 6Ckine (SLC, Exodus-2, or TCA4) has been identified as a ligand for CCR7...
- Versican interacts with chemokines and modulates cellular responsesJ Hirose
Department of Bioregulation, Biomedical Research Center, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2, Yamada oka, Suita 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:5228-34. 2001..We next examined if versican or GAGs affect secondary lymphoid tissue chemokine (SLC)-induced integrin activation and Ca(2+) mobilization in lymphoid cells expressing a receptor ..
- Involvement of chemokine receptors in breast cancer metastasisA Muller
Department of Immunology, DNAX Research Institute, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA
Nature 410:50-6. 2001..Their respective ligands CXCL12/SDF-1alpha and CCL21/6Ckine exhibit peak levels of expression in organs representing the first destinations of breast cancer metastasis...
- Naive T cell recruitment to nonlymphoid tissues: a role for endothelium-expressed CC chemokine ligand 21 in autoimmune disease and lymphoid neogenesisWolfgang Weninger
The Center for Blood Research, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Immunol 170:4638-48. 2003..GFP(+) cells underwent selectin-dependent rolling, but no firm adherence (sticking). Superfusion with CCL21, but not CXC chemokine ligand 12, induced integrin-dependent sticking of GFP(+) cells...
- CCL19/CCL21-triggered signal transduction and migration of dendritic cells requires prostaglandin E2Elke Scandella
Department of esearch, Cantonal Hospital St Gallen, Switzerland
Blood 103:1595-601. 2004..Activated DCs home to lymphoid organs, where the CCR7 ligands CCL19 and CCL21 are expressed...
- Chemokine receptor CCR7 induces intracellular signaling that inhibits apoptosis of mature dendritic cellsNoelia Sanchez-Sanchez
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Madrid, Spain
Blood 104:619-25. 2004..Stimulation with CCR7 ligands CCL19 and CCL21 inhibits apoptotic hallmarks of serum-deprived DCs, including membrane phosphatidylserine exposure, loss of ..
- A rich chemokine environment strongly enhances leukocyte migration and activitiesSamantha Paoletti
Institute for Research in Biomedicine, 6500 Bellinzona, Switzerland
Blood 105:3405-12. 2005..Chemokine-induced synergism might provide an amplification system in "chemokine-rich" tissues, rendering leukocytes more competent to respond to migratory cues...
- Binding of the chemokine SLC/CCL21 to its receptor CCR7 increases adhesive properties of human mesangial cellsBernhard Banas
Nephrologisches Zentrum, Medizinische Poliklinik, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Germany
Kidney Int 66:2256-63. 2004..A constitutive expression of the chemokine SLC/CCL21 on human podocytes and of its corresponding receptor CCR7 on mesangial cells was shown before...
- The chemokine receptor CCR7 activates in dendritic cells two signaling modules that independently regulate chemotaxis and migratory speedLorena Riol-Blanco
Centro de Investigaciones Biologicas, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas, Madrid, Spain
J Immunol 174:4070-80. 2005..The use of independent signaling modules to control chemotaxis and speed can contribute to regulate the chemotactic effects of CCR7...
- Disparate lymphoid chemokine expression in mice and men: no evidence of CCL21 synthesis by human high endothelial venulesHege S Carlsen
Laboratory for Immunohistochemistry and Immunopathology, Institute and Department of Pathology, University of Oslo, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Norway
Blood 106:444-6. 2005..The CCR7 ligand designated CCL21 is considered the most important trigger because it appears constitutively expressed by murine HEVs...
- The N-terminal domain of CCL21 reconstitutes high affinity binding, G protein activation, and chemotactic activity, to the C-terminal domain of CCL19Thomas R Ott
Department of Endocrinology, Neurocrine Biosciences, San Diego, CA 92130, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 348:1089-93. 2006..the trafficking of leucocytes to the secondary lymphoid organs, has two endogenous chemokine ligands: CCL19 and CCL21. Although both ligands possess similar affinities for the receptor and similar abilities to promote G protein ..
- CCR7 ligands CCL19 and CCL21 increase permissiveness of resting memory CD4+ T cells to HIV-1 infection: a novel model of HIV-1 latencySuha Saleh
Departments of Medicine, Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
Blood 110:4161-4. 2007..resting CD4(+) T cells, we infected purified resting CD4(+) T cells after incubation with the chemokines CCL19 and CCL21. Incubation with CCL19 or CCL21 did not alter markers of T-cell activation or proliferation...
- CCL21 expression pattern of human secondary lymphoid organ stroma is conserved in inflammatory lesions with lymphoid neogenesisAntonio Manzo
Rheumatology Unit, Guy s, King s, and St Thomas School of Medicine, London, United Kingdom
Am J Pathol 171:1549-62. 2007b>CCL21 is a homeostatic lymphoid chemokine instrumental in the recruitment and organization of T cells and dendritic cells into lymphoid T areas...
- Common variants at CD40 and other loci confer risk of rheumatoid arthritisSoumya Raychaudhuri
Program in Medical and Population Genetics, Broad Institute of Harvard and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142, USA
Nat Genet 40:1216-23. 2008..We also identified association at the CCL21 gene locus (rs2812378, P = 0.00097 replication, P = 2...
- CCR7/CCL21 migration on fibronectin is mediated by phospholipase Cgamma1 and ERK1/2 in primary T lymphocytesLaura A Shannon
Department of Microbiology, Molecular Genetics, and Immunology, The University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, Kansas 66160, USA
J Biol Chem 285:38781-7. 2010CCR7 binds to its cognate ligand, CCL21, to mediate the migration of circulating naive T lymphocytes to the lymph nodes...
- CCL21/CCR7 promotes G2/M phase progression via the ERK pathway in human non-small cell lung cancer cellsYing Xu
Department of Pathology, First Affiliated Hospital and College of Basic Medical Sciences, China Medical University, Shenyang, Liaoning, China
PLoS ONE 6:e21119. 2011..using Cell Counting Kit-8 indicated that activation of CCR7 by its specific ligand, exogenous chemokine ligand 21 (CCL21), was associated with a significant linear increase in cell proliferation with duration of exposure to CCL21...
- Role of the CCL21 and CCR7 pathways in rheumatoid arthritis angiogenesisSarah R Pickens
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Arthritis Rheum 64:2471-81. 2012To determine the role of CCL21 and its receptor CCR7 in the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- The homeostatic chemokine CCL21 predicts mortality and may play a pathogenic role in heart failureArne Yndestad
Research Institute for Internal Medicine, Oslo University Hospital Rikshospitalet, Oslo, Norway
PLoS ONE 7:e33038. 2012CCL19 and CCL21, acting through CCR7, are termed homeostatic chemokines...
- A chemokine expressed in lymphoid high endothelial venules promotes the adhesion and chemotaxis of naive T lymphocytesM D Gunn
Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:258-63. 1998..Here we show that a chemokine represented in the EST database, secondary lymphoid-tissue chemokine (SLC), is expressed in the high endothelial venules of lymph nodes and Peyer's patches, in the T cell areas of spleen, ..
- CCL21 chemokine regulates chemokine receptor CCR7 bearing malignant melanoma cellsHiroya Takeuchi
Department of Molecular Oncology, John Wayne Cancer Institute, Santa Monica, California 90404, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:2351-8. 2004The chemokine CC-ligand 21/secondary lymphoid tissue chemokine (CCL21/SLC) regulates the homing of naïve T cells and dendritic cells that express CC-chemokine receptor 7 (CCR7) from distant sites to lymphoid tissue such as lymph nodes...
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis fibroblasts migrate and proliferate to CC chemokine ligand 21E M Pierce
Immunology Programme, Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Room 4057, BSRB, 109 Zina Pitcher Place, Ann Arbor MI 48109 0602, USA
Eur Respir J 29:1082-93. 2007..fibroblasts, but not normal fibroblasts, showed significant migratory and proliferative responses when exposed to CCL21, which were inhibited by pertussis toxin or neutralising antibodies to CCR7...
- Isolation and characterization of dermal lymphatic and blood endothelial cells reveal stable and functionally specialized cell lineagesE Kriehuber
Division of Immunology, Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Department of Dermatology, University of Vienna Medical School, Austria
J Exp Med 194:797-808. 2001..factors: LECs, but not BECs, constitutively secrete the CC chemokine receptor (CCR)7 ligand secondary lymphoid tissue chemokine (SLC)/CCL21 at their basal side, while both subsets, upon activation, release macrophage ..
- The regulation of histidine decarboxylase gene expressionM Hocker
Gastrointestinal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114, USA
Yale J Biol Med 69:21-33. 1996..and in situ hybridization showed that expression of HDC is restricted to the glandular area in which ECL cells are located...
- Human natural tumor necrosis factor alpha induces multiple endocrine and hematologic disorders in ratsC Kakinuma
Toxicology Laboratory, Mochida Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Fujieda, Shizuoka, Japan
Toxicol Pathol 27:402-11. 1999b>Slc:Wistar male rats treated with human natural tumor necrosis factor alpha (hn TNF-alpha, 3 X 10(5) Japan reference units/kg intravenously) for 3 months showed histologic vacuolation of basophils in the anterior pituitary, hyperplasia ..
- Autoregulation of enterochromaffin-like cell histamine secretion via the histamine 3 receptor subtypeM Kidd
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520-8062, USA
Yale J Biol Med 69:9-19. 1996..METHODS: Purified ECL cells were isolated by pronase digestion and EDTA exposure of the rat stomach, followed by particle size and ..
- Acid secretion and the H,K ATPase of stomachC Prinz
University of California at Los Angeles
Yale J Biol Med 65:577-96. 1992..exert their effects on acid secretion mainly by stimulation of histamine release from the enterochromaffin-like (ECL) cell of the fundic gastric mucosa...
- Expression of cys-cys chemokine ligand 21 on human gingival lymphatic vesselsShin Ichiro Kuroshima
Department of Oral Health Science, Graduate School of Dental Medicine, Hokkaido University, N13 W7, Kita ku, Sapporo 060 8586, Japan
Tissue Cell 36:121-7. 2004..The CCL21 is known to be expressed in secondary lymphoid tissues, however it has rarely been reported for the expression on ..
- ECL cell morphologyD Chen
Department of Pharmacology, University of Lund, Sweden
Yale J Biol Med 71:217-31. 1998..at the conventional light, confocal and electron microscopic levels, we have demonstrated that rat stomach ECL cells store histamine and pancreastatin in granules and secretory vesicles, while histidine decarboxylase occurs in ..
- Pathobiology and management of hypergastrinemia and the Zollinger-Ellison syndromeB I Hirschowitz
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Alabama at Birmingham 35294
Yale J Biol Med 65:659-76; discussion 689-92. 1992..stimulatory and trophic to the cells of the gastric fundus--parietal and peptic cells, and enterochromaffin-like (ECL) cells which are major intermediaries of the gastrin effect...
- Regulation of histamine release from oxyntic mucosaC N Chuang
Center for Ulcer Research and Education, VA Wadsworth Hospital Center, Los Angeles, California
Yale J Biol Med 65:753-9; discussion 827-9. 1992..from oxyntic mucosa is complex because of two potential sources of histamine: mast cells and enterochromaffin-like (ECL) cells...
- Praomys (Mastomys) natalensis: a model for gastric carcinoid formationO Nilsson
Department of Histology, , Sweden
Yale J Biol Med 65:741-51; discussion 827-9. 1992..carcinoids are composed of tumor cells with typical secretory granules resembling those of enterochromaffin-like (ECL) cells...
- Diagnostic pathology of gastrointestinal and pancreatic neuroendocrine tumoursE Wilander
Department of Pathology, University Hospital, Uppsala, Sweden
Acta Oncol 28:363-9. 1989..The enterochromaffin-like (ECL) cell carcinoids of the body and fundic area of the stomach are argyrophil with Sevier-Munger silver stain...
- Histamine metabolism of gastric carcinoids in Mastomys natalensisL Kolby
Department of Surgery, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg, Sweden
Yale J Biol Med 71:207-15. 1998..As in humans, gastric carcinoids in Mastomys are mainly composed of enterochromaffinlike (ECL) cells and have low malignant potential...
- Properties of isolated gastric enterochromaffin-like cellsN Zeng
Wadsworth Veterans Administration Hospital, Los Angeles, CA 90073
Yale J Biol Med 71:233-46. 1998The gastric enterochromaffin-like cell (ECL) has been studied in gastric fundic glands by confocal microscopy and as a purified cell preparation by video imaging of calcium signaling and measurements of histamine release...
- Regulation of human natural killer cell migration and proliferation by the exodus subfamily of CC chemokinesM J Robertson
Bone Marrow Transplantation Program and Division of Hematology Oncology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Cell Immunol 199:8-14. 2000..Exodus-1/MIP-3alpha/LARC, Exodus-2/6Ckine/SLC, and Exodus-3/MIP-3beta/ELC/CKbeta-11 are CC chemokines that share a unique aspartate-cysteine-cysteine-..
- Quantitation of glandular gastric changes in rats given a proton pump inhibitor for 3 months with emphasis on sampling scheme selectionS L White
Toxicology Research Laboratories, Lilly Research Laboratories, Greenfield, Indiana 46140, USA
Toxicol Pathol 26:403-10. 1998..Sustained hypergastrinemia has a trophic effect on stomach fundic mucosa, including enterochromaffin-like (ECL) cell hypertrophy and hyperplasia...
- Clinical aspects of ECL-cell abnormalitiesB I Hirschowitz
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Alabama at Birmingham 35294-0007, USA
Yale J Biol Med 71:303-10. 1998b>ECL cell hyperplasia results from hypergastrinemia, and in man this occurs due to achlorhydria in atrophic gastritis (pernicious anemia [PA]) and gastrinoma (Zollinger-Ellison syndrome [ZES]). Progression to neoplasia, i.e...
- Tris(2,2'-bipyridyl)ruthenium(III)-based electrochemiluminescence detector with indium/tin oxide working electrode for capillary electrophoresisM T Chiang
Department of Chemistry, Tunghai University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Chromatogr A 934:59-66. 2001A novel tris(2,2'-bipyridyl)ruthenium(III) [Ru(bpy)3(3+)]-based electrochemiluminescence (ECL) detector for capillary electrophoresis (CE) has been developed...
- Progress with proton pump inhibitionN J Bell
Division of Gastroenterology, McMaster University Medical Centre, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Yale J Biol Med 65:649-57;discussion 689-92. 1992..Extensive clinical experience has proved omeprazole to be safe, and concerns over hypergastrinemia, ECL-cell hyperplasia, and carcinoid formation have not been substantiated in humans...
- Effects of dopaminergic agents on reversal of reserpine-induced impairment in conditioned avoidance response in ratsT Nakagawa
Central Research Institute, Kaken Pharmaceutical Co Ltd, Kyoto, Japan
Pharmacol Biochem Behav 58:829-36. 1997Male Slc:Wistar, Std:Wistar, and Slc:F344/N rats had good acquisition of the conditioned avoidance response (CAR), while that of the male Slc:Wistar/ST, Jcl:Wistar, and Crj:Wistar rats was bad...
- The consequences of hypergastrinemiaW Creutzfeldt
Department of Medicine, Georg-August-University, , Germany
Yale J Biol Med 67:181-94. 1994The only gastrin-dependent gastric endocrine cells are the fundic ECL cells. Excessive hypergastrinemia stimulates ECL cell proliferation in animals and man. The growth of other gastric endocrine cells is regulated by the gastric pH...
- Natural history, clinicopathologic classification and prognosis of gastric ECL cell tumorsE Solcia
Department of Human Pathology, University of Pavia, Italy
Yale J Biol Med 71:285-90. 1998..1] comprised 12 small cell neuroendocrine carcinomas (NEC) and 38 ECL cell carcinoids, of which 22 associated with type A chronic atrophic gastritis (A-CAG), eight with hypertrophic ..
- Enterochromaffin-like cells and gastric argyrophil carcinoidosisI M Modlin
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut
Acta Oncol 30:493-8. 1991The relevance of enterochromaffin-like (ECL) cells in gastric pathobiology has generated considerable interest particularly since the recent description of a pathological state characterized as gastric argyrophilic carcinoidosis...
- Physiology of the ECL cellsR Hakanson
Department of Pharmacology, University of Lund, Sweden
Yale J Biol Med 71:163-71. 1998The enterochromaffin-like (ECL) cells of the oxyntic mucosa (fundus) of the stomach produce, store and secrete histamine, chromogranin A-derived peptides such as pancreastatin, and an unanticipated but as yet unidentified peptide hormone...
- Study of the population of enterochromaffin-like cells in mouse gastric mucosa after long-term treatment with ebrotidineA Romero
Department of Toxicology, Ferrer Group Research Centre, Barcelona, Spain
Toxicol Pathol 24:160-5. 1996..of argyrophil cells in the gastric mucosa has been also quantified, in order to identify enterochromaffin-like (ECL) cells, the most abundant among the cells that have this property...
- Temporal variability of jun family transcription factor levels in peripherally or centrally transected adult rat dorsal root gangliaA M Kenney
Department of Neurology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 52:53-61. 1997Enhanced chemiluminescent (ECL) immunoblotting was used to quantitatively assess the initial changes in jun family transcription factor protein levels in adult rat lumbar dorsal root ganglia (DRG) after peripheral axotomy and dorsal root ..
- The biology and physiology of the ECL cellR Hakanson
Department of Pharmacology, University of Lund, Sweden
Yale J Biol Med 67:123-34. 1994The enterochromaffin-like (ECL) cells, which are the predominant endocrine cell type in the acid-producing part of the vertebrate stomach, are characterized by numerous, electron-lucent vesicles and few electron-dense granules in the ..
- The pathways regulating acid secretion: the view from the isolated cellC N Chuang
VA Wadsworth Hospital Center, Los Angeles, California 90073, USA
Yale J Biol Med 67:107-12. 1994..receptors are present on parietal cells, somatostatin cells, and the histamine-enterochromaffin-like cell (ECL)...
- Breast-feeding training for health professionals and resultant institutional changesM F Westphal
Epidemiological and Nutritional Research Center NUPENS, , Brazil
Bull World Health Organ 73:461-8. 1995..is a breast-feeding training course that was attended by health professionals at the Santos Lactation Center (SLC), Santos, SÃ£o Paulo, Brazil, as well as its impact on the implementation of breast-feeding programmes in ..
- Diagnosis and treatment of ECL cell tumorsG Cadiot
, CHU Bichat-Claude Bernard, Paris, France
Yale J Biol Med 71:311-23. 1998The diagnosis of ECL-omas is easy to perform. In patients with Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (ZES), ECL-omas are almost always observed in the setting of multiple endocrine neoplasia type I...
- Isolated rat stomach ECL cells generate prostaglandin E(2) in response to interleukin-1 beta, tumor necrosis factor-alpha and bradykininE Lindstrom
Institute of Physiological Sciences, Department of Pharmacology, University of Lund, Sölvegatan 10 S 223 62, Lund, Sweden
Eur J Pharmacol 416:255-63. 2001The ECL cells control parietal cells by releasing histamine in their immediate vicinity...
- The neuroendocrine system of the gut--an updateF Sundler
Department of Medical Cell Research, University of Lund, Sweden
Acta Oncol 30:419-27. 1991..in the rat results in hypergastrinemia, with gastrin cell hyperplasia, and a consequent hyperplasia of the ECL cells...
- [Impact of secondary lymphoid tissue chemokine on lymphocyte migration and the significance thereof in pathogenesis of ulcerative colitis: experiment with rats]Bu Jun Ge
Department of Surgery, Tongji Hospital, Tongji University, Shanghai 200065, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 88:3112-5. 2008To explore the impact of secondary lymphoid tissue chemokine (SLC) on lymphocyte migration and the significance thereof in the pathogenesis of ulcerative colitis (UC).
- The role of endogenous gastrin in the development of enterochromaffin-like cell carcinoid tumors in Mastomys natalensis: a study with the specific gastrin receptor antagonist AG-041RT Chiba
Department of Internal Medicine, Postgraduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Japan
Yale J Biol Med 71:247-55. 1998..the effects of a newly synthesized gastrin receptor antagonist, AG-041R, on the growth of enterochromaffin-like (ECL) carcinoid tumors in Mastomys natalensis both in vitro and in vivo...
- Timing of c-jun protein induction in lumbar dorsal root ganglia after sciatic nerve transection varies with lesion distanceA M Kenney
Department of Neurology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Brain Res 751:90-5. 1997..Here we have used enhanced chemiluminescent (ECL) immunoblotting as a sensitive and quantitative way of measuring the time of course of c-jun protein induction ..
- Differential chemokine responses and homing patterns of murine TCR alpha beta NKT cell subsetsBrent Johnston
Laboratory of Immunology and Vascular Biology, Department of Pathology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Immunol 171:2960-9. 2003..Two NKT cell subsets migrated in response to the lymphoid homing chemokine SLC/CCL21: CD4(-) Valpha14i-negative NKT cells that were L-selectin(high) and enriched for expression of Ly49G2 (consistent ..
- The enterochromaffin-like (ECL) cell. Physiological and pathophysiological roleH L Waldum
Department of Medicine, University Hospital of Trondheim, Norway
Acta Oncol 32:141-7. 1993..This histamine is produced by and released from the enterochromaffin-like (ECL) cell which accordingly has a key-regulatory role in the oxyntic mucosa...
- Gastric submucosal microdialysis: a method to study gastrin- and food-evoked mobilization of ECL-cell histamine in conscious ratsM Kitano
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Physiological Sciences, University of Lund, , Sweden
Regul Pept 86:113-23. 2000Rat stomach ECL cells are rich in histamine and chromogranin A-derived peptides, such as pancreastatin. Gastrin causes the parietal cells to secrete acid by flooding them with histamine from the ECL cells...
- Gastric ECL-cell hyperplasia and carcinoids in rodents following chronic administration of H2-antagonists SK&F 93479 and oxmetidine and omeprazoleG R Betton
Smith Kline and French Research Ltd, Welwyn, Hertfordshire, England
Toxicol Pathol 16:288-98. 1988The histamine H2-receptor antagonist SK&F 93479 induced gastric neuroendocrine (carcinoid) ECL-cell tumor formation in 6/34 male and 8/37 female rats treated for 22-24 months at 1,000 mg/kg/day po...
- Ontogeny of ECL cells in the ratF Sundler
Department of Physiology and Neuroscience, Lund University, Sweden
Yale J Biol Med 71:155-61. 1998b>ECL cells produce histamine and chromogranin A, and are restricted to the oxyntic mucosa of the stomach. ECL cell ontogeny has been studied in some detail in the rat...
- Targeting lymphatic vessel activation and CCL21 production by vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-3 inhibition has novel immunomodulatory and antiarteriosclerotic effects in cardiac allograftsAntti I Nykänen
Cardiopulmonary Research Group, Transplantation Laboratory, Haartman Institute, FI 00014 University of Helsinki and Helsinki University Central Hospital, Helsinki, Finland
Circulation 121:1413-22. 2010..We aimed to determine the role of lymphatic vessels and their principal growth signaling pathway, vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF)-C/D/VEGFR-3, during acute and chronic rejection in cardiac allografts...
- Electrogenerated chemiluminescence of luminol in neutral and alkaline aqueous solutions on a silver nanoparticle self-assembled gold electrodeCheng Ming Wang
Department of Chemistry, University of Science and Technology of China, Hefei, Anhui 230026, People s Republic of China
Luminescence 22:35-45. 2007The electrochemiluminescence (ECL) behaviour of luminol on a silver nanoparticle self-assembled gold electrode in neutral and alkaline solutions was investigated using conventional cyclic voltammetry (CV)...
- Somatostatin, misoprostol and galanin inhibit gastrin- and PACAP-stimulated secretion of histamine and pancreastatin from ECL cells by blocking specific Ca2+ channelsMaria Björkqvist
Institute of Physiological Sciences, Department of Pharmacology, University of Lund, Solvegatan 19, BMC F13, S 227 34 Lund, Sweden
Regul Pept 130:81-90. 2005The oxyntic mucosa is rich in ECL cells. They secrete histamine and chromogranin A-derived peptides, such as pancreastatin, in response to gastrin and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating peptide (PACAP)...
- Effects of short-term treatment with an H+,K(+)-ATPase inhibitor (B8301-078) on enterochromaffin-like (ECL) cells in rat fundic mucosaI Rohr
Institute of Pathology and Toxicology, Byk Gulden, Hamburg, Federal Republic of Germany
Toxicol Pathol 20:141-5. 1992..This reduction was due to the massive degranulation of the enterochromaffin-like (ECL) cells and the resultant decrease in stainability with silver...
- Relationship among eye condition sensitivities, photosensitivity and epileptic syndromesZhi xian Yang
Department of Paediatrics, Peking University First Hospital, Beijing 100034, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 121:1633-7. 2008..subjects and epileptic patients is often closely related to the eye's status such as eye opened (EO), eye closure (ECL) and eyes closed (EC)...
- Impaired neuronal plasticity in transgenic mice expressing human apolipoprotein E4 compared to E3 in a model of entorhinal cortex lesionF White
Wellcome Surgical Institute and Department of Neuropathology, University of Glasgow, Bearsden Road, Garscube Estate, G61 1QH, United Kingdom
Neurobiol Dis 8:611-25. 2001..immunoreactivity was used to measure the extent of degeneration and regeneration after entorhinal cortex lesion (ECL)...
- Regression of type II gastric carcinoids in multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 patients with Zollinger-Ellison syndrome after surgical excision of all gastrinomasMelanie L Richards
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, 7703 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, Texas 78284, USA
World J Surg 28:652-8. 2004Enterochromaffin-like (ECL) tumors are documented in patients with hypergastrinemia secondary to chronic atrophic gastritis or with Zollinger-Ellison syndrome and multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 (ZES-MEN-1)...
- A prospective study of gastric carcinoids and enterochromaffin-like cell changes in multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome: identification of risk factorsMarc J Berna
Digestive Diseases Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, 10 Center Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892 1804, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:1582-91. 2008..These patients can develop proliferative changes of gastric enterochromaffin-like (ECL) cells and gastric carcinoids (ECL-cell tumors)...
- Microbead electrochemiluminescence immunoassay for detection and identification of Venezuelan equine encephalitis virusXiaojiang Dai
Defence Research and Development Canada Suffield, PO Box 4000, Station Main, Medicine Hat, AB, Canada
J Virol Methods 169:274-81. 2010An electrochemiluminescence (ECL) immunoassay, incorporating chemically biotinylated and ruthenylated antibodies down-selected from a panel of monoclonal and polyclonal reagents, was developed to detect and identify Venezuelan equine ..
- The cin quorum sensing locus of Rhizobium etli CNPAF512 affects growth and symbiotic nitrogen fixationRuth Daniels
Centre of Microbial and Plant Genetics, Katholicke Universitat Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 20, B 3001 Heverlee, Belgium
J Biol Chem 277:462-8. 2002..etli autoinducer produced by CinI is a saturated long chain 3-hydroxy-acyl-homoserine lactone, abbreviated as 3OH-(slc)-HSL. Using cin-gusA fusions, expression of cinI and cinR was shown to be growth phase-dependent...
- Antagonist of secondary lymphoid-tissue chemokine (CCR ligand 21) prevents the development of chronic graft-versus-host disease in miceMiho Sasaki
First Department of Internal Medicine, Ehime University School of Medicine, Shigenobu, Ehime, Japan
J Immunol 170:588-96. 2003..We determined the receptor antagonist properties of murine N-terminally truncated secondary lymphoid tissue chemokine (SLC)/6Ckine/CCR ligand 21 analogs and evaluated the preventive effects of SLC antagonists on ..
- The pathobiology of the human enterochromaffin-like cellI M Modlin
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut
Yale J Biol Med 65:775-92; discussion 827-9. 1992The significance of the enterochromaffin-like (ECL) cell as a critical endocrine regulator of gastric fundic mucosal function has only recently been recognized...
- Effects of long-term hypergastrinaemia on the ultrastructure of enterochromaffin-like cells in the stomach of the rat, hamster and guinea pigG Böttcher
Department of Medical Cell Research, University of Lund, Sweden
Cell Tissue Res 256:247-57. 1989The present report describes the ultrastructure of the enterochromaffin-like (ECL) cells in the stomach of the rat, hamster and guinea pig, and the ultrastructural consequences of long-term hypergastrinaemia evoked either by continuous ..
- Control of gastric acid secretion in somatostatin receptor 2 deficient mice: shift from endocrine/paracrine to neurocrine pathwaysChun Mei Zhao
Department of Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, NO 7006, Trondheim, Norway
Endocrinology 149:498-505. 2008The gastrin-enterochromaffin-like (ECL) cell-parietal cell axis is known to play an important role in the regulation of gastric acid secretion...
- Classification of DNA-binding mode of antitumor and antiviral agents by the electrochemiluminescence of ruthenium complexTetsuo Kuwabara
Department of Applied Chemistry and Biotechnology, Faculty of Engineering, University of Yamanashi, 4 3 11 Takeda, Kofu 400 8511, Japan
Anal Biochem 314:30-7. 2003The DNA-binding mode of antitumor and antiviral agents has been evaluated by electrochemiluminescence (ECL) of tris(1,10-phenanthroline)-ruthenium complex (Ru(phen)(3)(2+)) in the presence of oxalate ion in pH 7.3 Tris buffer solution...
- Phylogenetic identity, growth-response time and rRNA operon copy number of soil bacteria indicate different stages of community successionPravin Malla Shrestha
Max Planck Institute for Terrestrial Microbiology, Karl von Frisch Str, D 35043 Marburg, Germany
Environ Microbiol 9:2464-74. 2007..A total of 59 early successional isolates grouped into 16 species-level clusters (SLC) plus three Bacilli-like SLC, while 66 late successional isolates formed 25 SLC plus five Bacilli-like SLC...
- Malignant enterochromaffinlike cell carcinoid of the gastric stump: an ultrastructural studyC Azzoni
Electron Microscopy Center, University of Parma, Italy
Ultrastruct Pathol 15:257-65. 1991..Electron microscopy and optical endocrine cell staining proved the tumor to be composed of enterochromaffinlike (ECL) cells...
- Colloidal centrifugation with Androcoll-E prolongs stallion sperm motility, viability and chromatin integrityA Johannisson
Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences SLU, Dept of Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry, Uppsala, Sweden
Anim Reprod Sci 116:119-28. 2009..3 stallions (10 ejaculates, 3-4 per stallion) were selected by centrifugation through a single layer of colloid (SLC)...
- Hypergastrinemia and enterochromaffin-like cell hyperplasiaG Delle Fave
Cattedra di Gastroenterologia, , Rome, Italy
Yale J Biol Med 71:291-301. 1998The enterochromaffin-like (ECL) cells, the most frequent endocrine cells of the oxyntic mucosa of the stomach, are under the trophic stimulus of gastrin. These cells undergo a hyperplastic increase in variety of hypergastrinemic diseases...
- Quantitative detection of Escherichia coli O157 in surface waters by using immunomagnetic electrochemiluminescenceD R Shelton
Animal Waste Pathogens Laboratory, U S Department of Agriculture Agricultural Research Service, Beltsville, Maryland 20705 2350, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 67:2908-15. 2001..of Escherichia coli O157 in raw and concentrated surface waters using immunomagnetic electrochemiluminescence (IM-ECL) was developed and optimized...
- The vagus regulates histamine mobilization from rat stomach ECL cells by controlling their sensitivity to gastrinP Norlen
Department of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology, Institute of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University Hospital, S 22185 Lund, Sweden
J Physiol 564:895-905. 2005The ECL cells in the oxyntic mucosa secrete histamine in response to gastrin, stimulating parietal cells to produce acid...
- Enhanced electrochemiluminescence from luminol at multi-walled carbon nanotubes decorated with palladium nanoparticles: a novel route for the fabrication of an oxygen sensor and a glucose biosensorBehzad Haghighi
Department of Chemistry, Institute for Advanced Studies in Basic Sciences, Gava Zang, Zanjan, Iran
Anal Chim Acta 697:90-7. 2011..electrocatalytic activity and sensitizing effect on luminol-O(2) and luminol-H(2)O(2) electrochemiluminescence (ECL) reactions at neutral media...
- A comparison of the effects of gastrin, somatostatin and dopamine receptor ligands on rat gastric enterochromaffin-like cell secretion and proliferationM Kidd
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8062, United Sates
Regul Pept 143:109-17. 2007Gastrin regulates ECL cell histamine release and is a critical determinant of acid secretion...
- Electrochemiluminescence of luminol on a platinum-nanoparticle-modified indium tin oxide electrode in neutral aqueous solutionXiaomei Chen
Department of Chemistry and Key Laboratory of Analytical Sciences of the Ministry of Education, College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Xiamen University, Xiamen, 361005, P R China
J Nanosci Nanotechnol 9:2413-20. 2009Electrochemiluminescence (ECL) behavior of luminol on an indium tin oxide (ITO) electrode modified with platinum nanoparticles (PtNPs) was investigated in a neutral aqueous solution using the conventional cyclic voltammetry (CV) ..
- Gastrin and the neuropeptide PACAP evoke secretion from rat stomach histamine-containing (ECL) cells by stimulating influx of Ca2+ through different Ca2+ channelsE Lindstrom
Institute of Physiological Sciences, Department of Pharmacology, University of Lund, Lund, Sweden
J Physiol 535:663-77. 20011. Gastrin and PACAP stimulate secretion of histamine and pancreastatin from isolated rat stomach ECL cells...
- Evaluation of parameters affecting quantitative detection of Escherichia coli O157 in enriched water samples using immunomagnetic electrochemiluminescenceDaniel R Shelton
Environmental Microbial Safety Laboratory, U S Department of Agriculture, ARS Bldg 173, BARC East, 10300 Baltimore Avenue, Beltsville, MD 20705 2350, USA
J Microbiol Methods 55:717-25. 2003We report here the use of immunomagnetic (IM) electrochemiluminescence (ECL) for quantitative detection of Esherichia coli O157:H7 in water samples following enrichment in minimal lactose broth (MLB)...
- Ineffective erythropoiesis in mutant mice with deficient pyruvate kinase activityShin Aizawa
Department of Anatomy, Nihon University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Exp Hematol 33:1292-8. 2005..The pathophysiology of PK deficiency has been widely studied in PK-deficient mice (PK-1(slc)). We examined the effects of a PK deficiency on erythroid progenitor maturation using these mice.
- ABC and SLC transporter expression and proton oligopeptide transporter (POT) mediated permeation across the human blood--brain barrier cell line, hCMEC/D3 [corrected]Stephen M Carl
Department of Industrial and Physical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, USA
Mol Pharm 7:1057-68. 2010..The purpose of this study was to assess the mRNA expression of several ABC and SLC transporters, with an emphasis on the proton-coupled oligopeptide transporter superfamily (POT) transporters in ..
- The CCK-2 receptor is located on the ECL cell, but not on the parietal cellI Bakke
Dept of Physiology and Biomedical Engineering, Faculty of Medicine, Norwegian University of Science and Technology NTNU, Trondheim
Scand J Gastroenterol 36:1128-33. 2001..CCK-2 receptors are located on enterochromaffin-like (ECL) cells in corpus mucosa and gastrin stimulates acid production by releasing histamine from the ECL cells, which in ..
- Herpes simplex virus (HSV) amplicon-mediated codelivery of secondary lymphoid tissue chemokine and CD40L results in augmented antitumor activityKhaled A Tolba
James P Wilmot Cancer Center, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Cancer Res 62:6545-51. 2002..One candidate includes secondary lymphoid tissue chemokine (SLC), which promotes the colocalization of naïve, nonpolarized memory T cells and dendritic cells ..
- Changes in gastric ECL cells and parietal cells after long-term administration of high-dose omeprazole to patients with Barrett's esophagusTakayuki Nishi
Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Tokai University, Kanagawa, Japan
Tokai J Exp Clin Med 30:117-21. 2005..high-dose omeprazole to patients with Barrett's esophagus for 2 years, and investigated changes in gastric ECL (Enterochromaffin-like) cells using endoscopic biopsy specimens to clarify the etiology of hyperplasia of the ..
- Tachyphylaxis of the ECL-cell response to PACAP: receptor desensitization and/or depletion of secretory productsM Bernsand
Unit of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, Department of Experimental Medical Sciences, Lund University, Lund, Sweden
Br J Pharmacol 152:240-8. 2007Rat stomach ECL cells secrete histamine and pancreastatin in response to gastrin and pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating peptide-27 (PACAP). This study applies microdialysis to explore how ECL cells in situ respond to PACAP and gastrin.
- [Study on histogenesis of enterochromaffin-like carcinoid in autoimmune atrophic gastritis associated with pernicious anemia]Lana Macukanović-Golubović
Medicinski fakultet, Klinika za hematologiju, Bulevar Zorana Dindića 48, 18 000 Nis, Srbija
Vojnosanit Pregl 64:543-8. 2007..The most important complications are: achlorhydria, hypergastrinemia, gastric cancer and enterochromaffin-like (ECL) carcinoid. The aim of this study was to examine ECL carcinoid histogenesis in A-gastritis associated with PA.
- CELL SURFACE LECTINS AND INTERCELLULAR ADHESIONSteven Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2009..The possible role of endoglycan as a proteoglycan involved in chemokine presentation (e.g. CCL21) by HEVs will also be explored...
- NON-GASTRIN SECRETAGOGUE PEPTIDE IN ISLET CELL TUMORSWilliam Chey; Fiscal Year: 1999..to stimulate gastric acid secretion and stimulated histamine release from isolated rat enterochromaffin-like (ECL) cells that was independent of gastrin/CCK-B receptor...
- Glycosaminoglycans and Cell Traffic in the Lymphatic MicroenvironmentMark M Fuster; Fiscal Year: 2012..possibly CS) mediate two critical chemokine functions: (i) the scaffolding of major lymphatic chemokines (such as CCL21 and CXCL12) in peri-lymphatic spatial gradients that appear to be held by the glycans, and (2) the unique ..
- GASTRIC ENTEROCHROMAFFIN-LIKE CELL IN ULCER DISEASEGeorge Sachs; Fiscal Year: 2005..we have used video-imaging of calcium signals coupled with studies of histamine release to define receptors on the ECL cells at 85 percent purity and also shown Cai responses of individual G and D cells to ligands such as aromatic ..
- ROLE OF EXODUS-2/SLC/6CKINE IN GVHDRobert Hromas; Fiscal Year: 2004..Exodus-2 has been also reported as 6Cline, SLC, and TCA4. Exodus-3 has also been described as MIP-3b and ELC...
- Mutagenicity/Genotoxicity with Endogenous PGH Synthase-2Hyesook Kim; Fiscal Year: 2003..Thus, facile colorimetric/ECL and fluorescent Real-Time quantitative PCR (QPCR) assays will be developed with human PGHS-2 :expressed in human ..
- Production and Evaluation of a Vault-CCL21 Nanocapsule as a Lung Cancer TreatmentGEORGE BUCHMAN; Fiscal Year: 2012..engineered to permit attachment of other agents, including promising cancer therapeutics like chemokine ligand 21 (CCL21). CCL21 is a lymphoid chemokine that is chemoattractant for mature dendritic cells (DCs), naive and memory T cells...
- Steven M Dubinett; Fiscal Year: 2016..we reported for the first time that C-C motif ligand-21 (CCL21, also previously referred to as secondary lymphoid tissue chemokine, exodus-2 or 6Ckine) led to potent immune- dependent antitumor responses in preclinical models of ..
- Mark M Fuster; Fiscal Year: 2015..lymphatic HS may mediate two critical chemokine functions: (1) scaffolding of major lymphatic chemokines (such as CCL21 and CXCL12) onto peri-lymphatic spatial gradients, and (2) unique clustered presentation of chemokines to cognate ..
- The gastric X/A-like (ghrelin) cell: A peripheral regulator of food intakeNILS WG LAMBRECHT; Fiscal Year: 2012..begun to sub-classify the endocrine cell population of the rat gastric oxyntic mucosa and found that in addition to ECL and D cells, most of the endocrine cells in the upper and mid portion of the glands contain ghrelin...
- Novel Immune Pathways for Lung Cancer TherapySherven Sharma; Fiscal Year: 2012..tumor antigen presentation and antitumor effector activities we are evaluating the intratumoral administration of CCL21 gene modified dendritic cells (DC-AdCCL21) or fibroblasts (Fib-AdCCL21) or replicating deficient adenovirus ..
- George Miller; Fiscal Year: 2014..immune-competent cells, such as T cells and kuppfer [sic] cells, produce an array of cytokines including IL-6, CCL21, TNF-(, and TGF-( which result in HSC activation, extracellular matrix deposition, and eventually progresses to ..
- WILLIAM NICHOLAS HAINING; Fiscal Year: 2016..FRCs orchestrate immune cell migration via expression of CCL19 and CCL21, as well as adhesion molecules, integrins, and glycoproteins...
- JAMES M COGHILL; Fiscal Year: 2015..engineered cell lines which generate a color signal in the presence of the natural ligands for CCR7: CCL19 and CCL21. With these cells, we will robotically screen a collection of approximately 120,000 small molecules for agents ..
- The role of chemokines in experimental thyroiditisSergio A Lira; Fiscal Year: 2012..We have reported that expression of CCL21, a chemokine expressed in AITD, leads to recruitment of lymphocytes and dendritic cells (DC) into the thyroid...
- The lymph node microenvionment in tumor metastasisJudith A Varner; Fiscal Year: 2012..the homing, adhesion and extravasation of tumor cells by expressing key tumor cell chemoattractants such as CCL21 as well as tumor cell adhesion ligands/receptors, such as integrin ?4?1, VCAM and E-Selectin;and that inflammatory ..
- Bruce R Blazar; Fiscal Year: 2016..Adenoviral CCL21 transduced dendritic cell vaccines or agonistic anti-lymphotoxin receptor (LT[unreadable]R) mAb given to BMT ..
- JOSEPH EDGAR CRAFT; Fiscal Year: 2014..of P-selectin glycoprotein ligand-1 (PSGL1), a surface protein on T cells that engages the chemokines CCL19 and CCL21 expressed in the T cell zone of secondary lymphoid organs...
- Properties of Clca Channels in Vascular MyocytesNormand Leblanc; Fiscal Year: 2009..Such a high internal level of Cl- (~ 40 mM) results in a predicted equilibrium for Cl- (ECl) that is more positive (-25 mV) than the resting membrane potential (RMP) of vascular smooth muscle cells (~ -40 to ..
- Mechanisms of glomerular disesase progressionJeffrey R Schelling; Fiscal Year: 2012..only latency-associated peptide (LAP), which combines with TGF[unreadable] to form the small latent complex (SLC), to maintain TGF[unreadable] in an inactive (latent) state, is detected in kidney...
- Aric L Gregson; Fiscal Year: 2015..The frequencies of BAL Treg correlated with BAL levels of the CCR7 ligand CCL21, which itself appears to protect against BOS...
- Wei Ming Yu; Fiscal Year: 2015..These effects may depend in part on the neuronal chemokine CCL21, which activates microglia in other regions of the nervous system...
- Richard M Pope; Fiscal Year: 2014..Also we have shown recently that the CCR7 ligands CCL19 and CCL21 are expressed in RA synovial tissue...
- Role of chemokines in diabetesSergio A Lira; Fiscal Year: 2013..that reactivation of autoreactive T cells may happen within lymphoid-like structures generated by expression of CCL21 within the islets during the period preceding development of diabetes...
- Role of the Solute Carrier Gene Family in HypertensionAlanna C Morrison; Fiscal Year: 2012..by applicant): Several studies in the past decade indicate that genetic variation in members of the solute carrier (SLC) gene family is associated with blood pressure phenotypes...
- TGF-Beta and Inflammation in Gastric CancerDaniel B Rifkin; Fiscal Year: 2010..latent TGF-? is secreted complexed to its propeptide in the absence of LTBP and is called the small latent complex (SLC)...
- HTS for Cytochrome C Synthesis PathwaysRobert G Kranz; Fiscal Year: 2011..PIs lab has developed recombinant, inducible cytochrome c reporters, as well as very sensitive chemiluminescent (ECL) methods that detect subpicomolar levels of the cytochrome c product...
- Thomas E Carey; Fiscal Year: 2014..the function of CTL2 using proven in vitro approaches that have demonstrated the transporter function of numerous SLC family members and to deduce how this function is related to inner ear homeostasis, hearing and balance. 3...
- Molecular Genetics of Cadmium ToxicityDaniel W Nebert; Fiscal Year: 2010..Slc39a8 is one of 14 members of a solute-carrier (SLC) family of metal transporters;Slc39a14 shares the most recent ancestry with Slc39a8;ZIP14 exists as two peptides, ..
- Sherven Sharma; Fiscal Year: 2014..and innate effectors required in the generation of secondary lymphoid chemokine gene modified stromal cells (CCL21-SC) mediated antitumor activity and the role of regulatory T cells (Treg) and myeloid derived suppressor cells (..
- GEORGE B SIGAL; Fiscal Year: 2016..host and pathogen-specific biomarker assay using a proven, high sensitivity, multiplexed electrochemiluminescence (ECL) platform that can, in combination with clinical data, supplant 2-month sputum culture, the current dichotomous ..
- Mechanisms for Latent TGF-beta1 Activation In VivoDaniel B Rifkin; Fiscal Year: 2012..This form is called the small latent complex (SLC)...
- James F Rusling; Fiscal Year: 2014..a simple electro-optical microfluidic array using dye-nanoparticle labels detected by electrochemiluminescence (ECL);(3) Establish clinical sensitivity and selectivity for oral cancer diagnosis for the best array systems;(4) ..
- TAS::75 0849::TAS ANTIBODY ARRAY FOR DETECTION OF LUNG CANCERMARTIN STENGELIN; Fiscal Year: 2010..Mesoscale proposes to apply its Diagnostics electrochemiluminescence (ECl) detection technology to the development of quantitative and highly multiplexed assays for cancer biomarkers...
- Kathleen M Giacomini; Fiscal Year: 2014Membrane transporters in the SLC and ABC superfamilies are of enormous pharmacological importance, serving as critical determinants of drug disposition and response...
- Aging and Function of Stem Leyding CellsRen Shan Ge; Fiscal Year: 2010..ability to isolate and culture these cells, make it possible to determine whether there are age-related changes in SLC function...
- Brain Ion Homeostasis, Lithium and Bipolar Disorder.Fernando E Boada; Fiscal Year: 2013..Consequently, lithium treatment requires constant monitoring of serum lithium concentration (SLC) to ensure that SLC remains in the narrow therapeutic range of 0.6 to 1.2mM...
- SBIR PHASE II: AUTOMATED MULTI-ARRAY PLATFORM FOR CANCER BIOMARKERSELI GLEZER; Fiscal Year: 2009Meso Scale Diagnostic's electrochemiluminescence (ECl) detection technology will be applied to the development of quantitative and highly multiplexed assays for cancer biomarkers...
- Human Proteome Arrays for Auto-Antibody Identification in Clinical Cancer StudiesJohn H Kenten; Fiscal Year: 2011..Autoantibodies against the proteins in these arrays will be identified using electrochemiluminescence (ECL) detection technology, a proven technology for high throughput array-based measurements that will enable studies ..
- Molecular Strategies for Gastric Carcinoid SurgeryIrvin Modlin; Fiscal Year: 2005The biological behavior of gastric enterochromaffin (ECL) cell tumors remains an enigma and their clinical management a source of controversy and concern...
- Vein Wall Fibrotic Injury After DVT is SLC-CCR7 DependentPeter K Henke; Fiscal Year: 2012..The chemokine SLC (CCL21) and its primary receptor, CCR7, have been shown to be integral in both human and experimental fibrotic organ ..
- EMMA HARRIET WILSON; Fiscal Year: 2015..In addition, the chemokines CCL19 and CCL21 are significantly upregulated with cables of CCL21 associated with migrating T cells...
- Sora P Tanjasiri; Fiscal Year: 2015..The UCI-CFCCC Senior Leadership Council (SLC) will conduct scientific reviews of the research projects...
- FLOYD ALLAN HUBBELL; Fiscal Year: 2015..The UCI-CFCCC Senior Leadership Council (SLC) will conduct scientific reviews of the research projects...
- CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR STUDIES OF VESTIBULAR HAIR CELLSMANNING CORREIA; Fiscal Year: 2007..In a first set of experiments, (specific aim 1), 4 different chimeras will be inserted into the extracellular loop (ECL) motif of the inward rectifier ion channel protein pKir2.1...
- A Novel Method for Saliva Proteomic AnalysisGang Peng; Fiscal Year: 2006..By using conventional chemiluminescent (ECL) detection, this design may be used by most basic, clinical, and forensic research laboratories that have interest ..
- Molecular Physiology of Renal K-Cl CotransportersDavid Mount; Fiscal Year: 2007Coupled K+-CI- co-transport is mediated by the KCC proteins, encoded by four members of the SLC 12 cation-chloride cotransporter gene family...
- Asthma Induction by Dendritic Cells and Th2 CellsSun Sang Sung; Fiscal Year: 2007..Studies on DC migration suggest that secondary lymphoid chemokine (SLC/CCL21) may be a key chemokine for DC migration to draining LN...
- REGULATION OF SURROGATE LIGHT CHAIN IN AGED MICEBonnie Blomberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..The pre-B-cell receptor (pBCR), composed of the surrogate light chain (SLC, lambda...
- Role of Corneal Lymphangiogenesis in AlloimmunityLu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2005..such as lymphatic vessel endothelial hyaluronan receptor (LYVE-1), Prox-1, and secondary lymphoid chemokine (SLC)...
- Chemokines and their Receptors in Anthrax InfectionWendy Peters; Fiscal Year: 2004..To directly test whether CCR7, or its chemokine ligands secondary lymphoid chemokine (SLC), or Epstein-Barr ligand-1 chemokine, are involved in anthrax pathogenesis and host survival, we will take ..
- Substrate requirements of the bile acid transporterJAMES POLLI; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (PROVIDED BY APPLICANT): Several solute carrier proteins (SLC) are expressed in the intestine to absorb nutrients and xenobiotics...
- Dendritic Cell Migration and Function in the Pregnant and Non-pregnant UterusMary Collins; Fiscal Year: 2009..other than the involvement of the chemokine receptor CCR7, which is expressed by activated DCs, and its ligand CCL21, which is expressed by lymphatic vessels...
- Mouse Models of Vitamin Transport DefectsJudith Fleming; Fiscal Year: 2004SLC19A3 is a member of the vitamin transporter family that includes the reduced folate carrier, SLC 19A1 and the high-affinity thiamine transporter, SLC19A2...
- Mammalian metal transporters & Salmonella infectionBOBBY CHERAYIL; Fiscal Year: 2006..preliminary evidence showing that the iron efflux protein ferroportin 1 (FPN1), a member of the solute carrier (SLC) family of transporters that includes Nramp1, significantly inhibits the intracellular growth of Salmonella when ..
- CD ROM CURRICULUM FOR NURSE AIDES IN LONG TERM CAREJules Rosen; Fiscal Year: 2000..This CD-ROM training system, "Solutions for Long-term Care" (SLC) will be the first comprehensive curriculum that addresses the federal educational requirement...
- Jian Xing Ma; Fiscal Year: 2016..5) To enhance collaboration between clinicians and basic scientists and to promote translational research. The COBRE will provide training in translational research and access to diabetic patient sample for PJI and ECl.
- Task B1: Validation of the MSD Protective Antigen(PA)-ECL AssayTERI SAIA; Fiscal Year: 2013..The studies are conducted to support product licensure. ..
- ELECTRON MICROSCOPY OF MEMBRANE PROTEINSHenning Stahlberg; Fiscal Year: 2009..coli chloride channel CIC-ecl, now identified as chloride-proton antiporter, and the M. loti cyclic nucleotide gated potassium channel MloKl...
- Angiotensin, Sodium and Genes in Primate HypertensionRobert Shade; Fiscal Year: 2005..Sodium-lithium countertransport (SLC) activity is one mechanism that helps maintain intracellular sodium concentrations, and in some hypertensive ..
- 3 DIMENSIONAL QUANTITATIVE LITHIUM MRI IN HUMAN BRAINFernando Boada; Fiscal Year: 1999..The established practice is to design a treatment regime aimed at achieving a serum lithium concentration (SLC) in the range of 0.6 to 1.0 mmol/liter...
- PHARMACOGENETICS OF MEMBRANE TRANSPORTERSKathleen Giacomini; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our proposed studies are focused on two major superfamilies of transporters: Solute Carrier (SLC) and ATP Binding Cassette (ABC)...
- Ecto-enzyme CD38: Regulator of dendritic cell migrationFrances Lund; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specifically, we found that CD38-deficient dendritic cells cannot migrate in response to ELC or SLC, chemokines that direct dendritic cells to migrate from sites of damage or injury to lymphoid tissues...