Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CD5L
Description: CD5 molecule like
Alias: AIM, API6, CT-2, PRO229, SP-ALPHA, Spalpha, hAIM, CD5 antigen-like, CD5 antigen-like (scavenger receptor cysteine rich family), apoptosis inhibitor 6, apoptosis inhibitor expressed by macrophages, apoptosis inhibitor of macrophage, igM-associated peptide
Publications6242 found, 100 shown here
- Effect of screening for cancer in the Nordic countries on deaths, cost and quality of life up to the year 2017L Hristova
Finnish Cancer Registry, University of Tampere School of Public Health
Acta Oncol 36:1-60. 1997The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of screening for cancer in the Nordic countries...
- Risk to tourists posed by wild mammals in South AfricaD N Durrheim
Consultant in Communicable Disease Control, Mpumalanga Department of Health, South Africa
J Travel Med 6:172-9. 1999..The aim of this study was to determine the incidence of fatal and nonfatal attacks on tourists by wild mammals in South ..
- Effect of linear alkylbenzene sulfonate (LAS) on ion transport and intracellular calcium in kidney distal epithelial cells (A6)H F Bjerregaard
Department of Life Sciences and Chemistry, Roskilde University, PO Box 260, 4000 Roskilde, Denmark
Toxicol In Vitro 15:531-7. 2001..The aim of this study was to investigate the effect LAS on ion transport and homeostasis in epithelia cells...
- IgM are associated to Sp alpha (CD5 antigen-like)Jean Daniel Tissot
Service Régional Vaudois de Transfusion Sanguine, Lausanne, Switzerland
Electrophoresis 23:1203-6. 2002..together with the already known N-terminal sequence allowed us to identity the IgM-associated peptide as Sp alpha (O43866 in TrEMBL database; CD5 antigen-like)...
- A role for human Sp alpha as a pattern recognition receptorMaria Rosa Sarrias
Servei d Immunologia, Hospital Clinic i Provincial de Barcelona, Institut de Investigacions Biomediques August Pi i Sunyer, Barcelona 08036, Spain
J Biol Chem 280:35391-8. 2005Human Sp alpha is a soluble protein belonging to group B of the scavenger receptor cysteine-rich (SRCR) superfamily for which little functional information is available...
- Glycoproteomic analysis of plasma from patients with atopic dermatitis: CD5L and ApoE as potential biomarkersWon Kon Kim
Translational Research Center, KRIBB, Daejeon 305 806, Korea
Exp Mol Med 40:677-85. 2008..Through sequential studies, it was confirmed that CD5L and ApoE were significantly up-regulated or down-regulated, respectively, in the plasma from AD patients compared ..
- Myeloid-specific expression of Api6/AIM/Sp alpha induces systemic inflammation and adenocarcinoma in the lungPeng Qu
Center for Immunobiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Immunol 182:1648-59. 2009To study the functional role of apoptosis inhibition of myeloid lineage cells in tumor formation, apoptosis inhibitor 6 (Api6/AIM/Sp alpha) was overexpressed in a myeloid-specific c-fms-rtTA/(TetO)(7)-CMV-Api6 bitransgenic mouse model ..
- Molecular cloning, mapping to human chromosome 1 q21-q23, and cell binding characteristics of Spalpha, a new member of the scavenger receptor cysteine-rich (SRCR) family of proteinsJ A Gebe
Bristol Myers Squibb, Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Seattle, Washington 98121, USA
J Biol Chem 272:6151-8. 1997..Here we report the cloning of a cDNA encoding Spalpha, a secreted protein that is highly homologous to CD5 and CD6...
- Ethnic differences in red blood cell sodium/lithium countertransport and metabolic correlates of hypertension: an international collaborative studyE Ragone
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Federico II University of Naples Medical School, Italy
Am J Hypertens 11:935-41. 1998..However, little information exists with regard to these clinical associations in different racial groups. The aim of this international collaborative study was to investigate Na/Li CT and the metabolic correlates of hypertension ..
- [Interventional radiology in the palliative treatment of pancreatic cancer]E Mazza
Dipartimento di Fisiopatologia Clinica, , Italia
Tumori 85:S54-9. 1999..The aim of this study is to evaluate effectiveness of interventional radiology procedures on unresectable cancer palliative ..
- Effect of testosterone replacement on whole body glucose utilisation and other cardiovascular risk factors in males with idiopathic hypogonadotrophic hypogonadismD Tripathy
Department of Endocrinology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
Horm Metab Res 30:642-5. 1998..b>AIM: To look at the role of testosterone in development of insulin resistance and other cardiovascular risk factors...
- Characterization of the interaction between muscarinic M2 receptors and beta-adrenoceptor subtypes in guinea-pig isolated ileumH Reddy
Syntex Discovery Research, Institute of Pharmacology, Palo Alto, CA 94303
Br J Pharmacol 114:49-56. 1995..The aim of this study was to characterize the biochemical and functional effects of stimulation of the predominant M2 ..
- Interaction of the Clostridium difficile Binary Toxin CDT and Its Host Cell Receptor, Lipolysis-stimulated Lipoprotein Receptor (LSR)Sarah Hemmasi
From the Institut für Experimentelle und Klinische Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, the Fakultät für Biologie
J Biol Chem 290:14031-44. 2015..difficile. The lipolysis-stimulated lipoprotein receptor (LSR) is the host cell receptor for CDT, and our aim was to gain a deeper insight into the interplay between both proteins...
- Further characterization of 5-hydroxytryptamine receptors (putative 5-HT2B) in rat stomach fundus longitudinal muscleG S Baxter
SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, The Pinnacles, Harlow, Essex
Br J Pharmacol 112:323-31. 1994..Our aim was to extend the pharmacological characterization of the 5-HT2B receptor which is reported to be expressed in this ..
- [The significance of health related quality of life for the evaluation of interventional measures in patients with COPD]G Würtemberger
Abteilung fur Innere Medizin, Pneumologie, Reha Zentrum Reichshof, Reichshof Eckenhagen
Pneumologie 55:91-9. 2001..The aim is to summarize critically methods, results and unanswered issues of the present research on the effects of ..
- Ionotropic glutamate receptor types leading to adenosine-mediated inhibition of electrically evoked [3H]-noradrenaline release in rabbit brain cortex slicesI von Kugelgen
Pharmakologisches Institut, Freiburg, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 110:1544-50. 1993..The aim of the present study was to identify the receptors involved in this indirect inhibitory effect of glutamate...
- The role of endothelial cells in the relaxations induced by 13-hydroxy- and 13-hydroperoxylinoleic acid in canine arteriesG R De Meyer
Division of Pharmacology, University of Antwerp UIA, Wilrijk, Belgium
Br J Pharmacol 107:597-603. 1992..The aim of the present study was to investigate the relaxations to 13-HODE and its hydroperoxyprecursor (13-HPODE) and to ..
- Ovariectomy does not alter CD4+/CD8+ ratio in peripheral blood T-lymphocytes in the ratR G Erben
Institute of Physiology, Physiological Chemistry and Animal Nutrition, Ludwig Maximilians University, Munich, Germany
Horm Metab Res 30:50-4. 1998..The aim of this study was to investigate this hypothesis further by flow cytometric analysis of peripheral blood lymphocyte ..
- Case-controlled review of Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhoea in southern TasmaniaH A Halim
Tasmanian School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy, University of Tasmania, Australia
J Clin Pharm Ther 22:391-7. 1997b>AIM: While the incidence of Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhoea (CDAD) has increased sharply over the last 15 years, its risk factors are still not well defined...
- Effects of aging on the insulin actions for the glucose metabolism and renal function in normotensives and essential hypertensivesY Miyazaki
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Japan
Am J Hypertens 11:1056-64. 1998..The aim of this study is to clarify the influence of aging on insulin sensitivity in glucose metabolism and on renal sodium ..
- Alteration of muscle fiber composition linking to insulin resistance and hypertension in fructose-fed ratsK Higashiura
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Japan
Am J Hypertens 12:596-602. 1999The aim of this study was to examine the role of muscle fiber composition in insulin resistance and the effect of a calcium channel antagonist on insulin sensitivity in fructose-induced insulin resistant and hypertensive rats...
- Immunopathogenic mechanisms in hypertensionN Lefkos
Cardiology Unit, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Hippokration Hospital, Greece
Am J Hypertens 8:1141-5. 1995..The aim of this study was to investigate the possible involvement of autoimmune mechanisms in the pathogenesis and ..
- Differences in cancer mortality trends between four neighboring north-eastern areas and Italy, 1970-1990E Bidoli
Servizio di Epidemiologia, Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, Aviano (Pordenone, Italy
Tumori 81:399-404. 1995..The aim was to highlight potential differences in mortality trends and promote a more systematic sharing of data and ..
- Apolipoprotein E genotypes and metabolic risk factors for coronary heart disease in middle-aged womenM Cubrilo-Turek
Internal Clinics, General Hospital Sveti Duh, Zagreb, Croatia
Coll Antropol 22:149-55. 1998..62 +/- 4.83) women. The aim of this study was to investigate metabolic risk markers according to various apo E genotypes, and to evaluate a ..
- Thyroid cancer in children and adolescentsA S Fassina
Institute of Pathology, University of Padua, Italy
Tumori 80:257-62. 1994AIMS AND BACKGROUND: It was the aim of this paper to report clinical and pathologic characteristics and outcome of treatment in terms of relapse-free and overall survival in 36 patients under 20 years of age and treated for thyroid ..
- [Autonomic nervous system abnormalities in the initial phase of insulin resistance syndrome. Value of the study of variability of cardiac rate and blood pressure on a model of nutritional obesity]P Verwaerde
, INSERM U317,
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 90:1151-4. 1997..The aim of the present study was to characterize the changes in autonomic nervous system and spontaneous baroreflex in the ..
- The human blood-testis barrier in impaired spermatogenesisJ C Cavicchia
Instituto de Histologia y Embriologia, , Mendoza, Argentina
Ultrastruct Pathol 20:211-8. 1996The aim of this study was to explore the competence of the blood-testis barrier (BTB) using electron opaque tracers in diverse human testicular pathologies associated with Sertoli cell only syndrome...
- Bradykinin B1 receptors in the rabbit urinary bladder: induction of responses, smooth muscle contraction, and phosphatidylinositol hydrolysisS K Butt
Biomedical Sciences Division, King s College London, Chelsea
Br J Pharmacol 114:612-7. 19951. The aim of this study was to analyse the pharmacological characteristics, and second-messenger coupling-mechanisms, of bradykinin B1 receptors in an intact tissue, the rabbit urinary bladder; and to investigate the influence of ..
- Effects of long-term treatment with GH in the bone mineral density of adults with hypopituitarism and GH deficiency and after discontinuation of GH replacementJ M Gomez
Department of Endocrinology, Ciutat Sanitaria i Universitaria de Bellvitge, Barcelona, Spain
Horm Metab Res 32:66-70. 2000..The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of long-term GH therapy on bone metabolism and BMD.
- Oral clonidine premedication does not change efficacy of simulated epidural test dose in sevoflurane-anesthetized childrenM Shiga
Department of Anesthesiology, Kobe Children s Hospital, Kobe, Japan
Anesthesiology 93:954-8. 2000..The aim of the current study was to determine whether oral clonidine premedication alters the efficacy of a simulated ..
- [The clinical use of an individually fitted nasal mask ("Freiburg Respiratory Mask") within the scope of a case report of controlled BiPAP ventilation]N Netzer
Pneumologie 51:798-801. 1997..These masks, however, are often very expensive and take several weeks to be manufactured. Our aim was to develop an inexpensive (less than 600 USS) and easy-(in one day)-to-produce customized nasal mask, the so-..
- [Prognostic evaluation of silent ischemia during exercise in patient with recent infarction. Italian multicenter study. SMISS Group]M Vona
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 93:121-30. 2000b>AIM: The aim of the Multicenter Silent Ischemia Study (SMISS), co-ordinated by the Italian Working Group on Cardiac Rehabilitation, was to evaluate prospectively, the prognostic significance of silent myocardial ischemia during exercise ..
- Failure of nitric oxide donors to alter arrhythmias induced by acute myocardial ischaemia or reperfusion in anaesthetized ratsC S Barnes
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of Liverpool
Br J Pharmacol 114:349-56. 19951. The aim of the present studies was to examine the effects of nitric oxide donors on arrhythmias induced by coronary artery occlusion and reperfusion, and on cardiac cyclic nucleotides...
- Tachykinin NK1 and NK2 receptor antagonists and atropine-resistant ascending excitatory reflex to the circular muscle of the guinea-pig ileumC A Maggi
Pharmacology Department, A Menarini Pharmaceuticals, Florence, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 112:161-8. 19941. The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of various antagonists, selective for the tachykinin NK1 or NK2 receptor, on the atropine-resistant ascending excitatory reflex (AER) to the circular muscle of the guinea-pig ileum ..
- [Prolonged endotracheal intubation after open heart surgery under the age of one year]N Sinzobahamvya
, Johanniter Kinderklinik, Sankt Augustin, Allemagne
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 90:1631-6. 1997The aim of this study was to determine the impact of prolonged endotracheal intubation after open heart surgery in neonates and babies with respect to the cardiac diseases most frequently responsible and the reasons for delayed ..
- Preoperative intra-arterial mitomycin-C in the management of sigmoid adenocarcinoma: long-term results of a pilot studyG B Secco
Istituto di Patologia Chirurgica, , Italy
Tumori 80:339-43. 1994..The aim of the present paper is to report long-term results of an early pilot study on 20 patients with sigmoid colon ..
- [Human valvular substitutes for the treatment of complex progressive endocarditis. Application to aortic, mitral and tricuspid valves]J M Grinda
, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 93:1195-201. 2000The aim of this study was to assess the immediate and long-term results of human valvular substitutes (homografts and autografts) in the treatment of complex progressive endocarditis in aortic, mitral and tricuspid valves...
- [Perinatal asphyxia, hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy and neurological sequelae in full-term newborns: an epidemiological study (1)]J Gonzalez de Dios
Servicio de Pediatria, Hospital Universitario San Juan
Rev Neurol 24:812-9. 1996..Perinatal asphyxia, and its neurologic manifestations (hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy) is the most important cause of brain injury and neurologic sequelae in full-term infants...
- [Determinants of the left ventricular mass in obese patients. Influence of lean body mass]A Avignon
, , Montpellier
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 90:1043-6. 1997..The association of LVM with the morphologic features of the individual are well known. The aim of this study was to assess the influence of the morphologic and metabolic features of obese women on LVM...
- Neoadjuvant moderately high-dose chemotherapy with rh-G-CSF in locally advanced breast carcinomaA Fornasiero
Division of Medical Oncology, Azienda Ospedaliera di Padova, Padua, Italy
Tumori 87:223-8. 2001..The aim of the present study was to assess the efficacy of a moderately high-dose chemotherapy regimen in terms of response ..
- Low synthesis rate of type I procollagen is normalized during active back rehabilitationM Hupli
Orthopedic Hospital Orton, Finland
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 22:850-4. 1997..SUMMARY OF BACKGROUND DATA: The aim of active back rehabilitation is to restore the physical function of low back pain patients falling into the so-..
- Prevalence of perceived symptoms of dry mouth in an adult Swedish population--relation to age, sex and pharmacotherapyT Nederfors
Department of Pharmacology and Clinical Pharmacology, Faculty of Odontology,
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 25:211-6. 1997The aim of the study was to evaluate the prevalence of subjective perception of dry mouth in an adult population and to determine the prevalence of pharmacotherapy in this population...
- Respiratory symptoms, skin disorders and serum IgE levels in farm workersA Bener
Dept. of Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine-Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences-UAE University, A-Ain, United Arab Emirates
Allerg Immunol (Paris) 31:52-6. 1999The aim of this study is to evaluate the prevalence of dermo-respiratory symptoms from lung-function spirometer values and serum IgE levels in farmers who have been exposed to pesticides in the United Arab Emirates (E.A.U.)...
- An investigation of ethnic differences in bone mineral, hip axis length, calcium metabolism and bone turnover between West African and Caucasian adults living in the United KingdomB Dibba
Medical Research Council Dunn Nutrition Unit, Cambridge, UK
Ann Hum Biol 26:229-42. 1999The aim of the study was to investigate factors relating to calcium and bone metabolism which might explain the low incidence of osteoporotic fracture among Africans...
- Tumor infiltrating lymphocytes and continuous infusion interleukin-2 after metastasectomy in 61 patients with melanoma, colorectal and renal carcinomaM Fabbri
Istituto Oncologico Romagnolo, , Italy
Tumori 86:46-52. 2000..The latter group was selected in view of a theoretically better lymphocyte/tumor cell ratio and with the aim to improve disease-free and overall survival (DFS-OS) in very high risk patients...
- [Hemodynamic consequences of endogenous hyperinsulinism in obese rats with lesions of the ventromedial hypothalamus]L Doare
Centre de recherche LIPHA, Chilly Mazarin
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 93:1015-8. 2000..The aim of this study was to examine in this model the hemodynamic changes and the baroreflex response and to compare the ..
- Support of renal blood flow after ischaemic-reperfusion injury by endogenous formation of nitric oxide and of cyclo-oxygenase vasodilator metabolitesJ P Cristol
William Harvey Research Institute, St Bartholomew s Hospital Medical College, London
Br J Pharmacol 109:188-94. 1993..The aim of this study was to investigate the role of the release of endogenous nitric oxide (NO) in the recovery of RBF ..
- [Effect of 2 types of diet changes on dietary habits, body weight and cholesterol levels in high risk cardiovascular patients]A Massari
, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 88:1101-4. 1995..Our aim was to test the value of two different ways of teaching patients about their diet...
- [Incidence and prognosis of early primary cardiogenic shock in myocardial infarction]D Himbert
Service de cardiologie A, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 87:1679-84. 1994The aim of this retrospective study was to analyse the results of coronary reperfusion on the incidence and short and medium term prognosis of early primary cardiogenic shock in acute myocardial infarction...
- The effects of an angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor and an angiotensin II receptor antagonist on insulin resistance in fructose-fed ratsK Higashiura
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Sapporo Medical University School of Medicine, Japan
Am J Hypertens 13:290-7. 2000The aim of this study was to compare the effects of an angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor and an angiotensin II receptor (AT) antagonist on insulin resistance, especially on muscle fiber composition in fructose-induced insulin-..
- Differential effects of ACE-inhibition and angiotensin II antagonism on fibrinolysis and insulin sensitivity in hypertensive postmenopausal womenR Fogari
Department of Internal Medicine and Therapeutics, University of Pavia, Clinica Medica I, IRCCS, Policlinico S. Matteo, Italy
Am J Hypertens 14:921-6. 2001The aim of this study was to compare the effects of trandolapril and losartan on plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1) levels and insulin sensitivity in hypertensive postmenopausal women...
- [Twenty-four hour time and frequency domain variability of systolic blood pressure and heart rate in an experimental model of arterial hypertension plus obesity]M Pelat
, INSERM U317, , Toulouse
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 91:999-1002. 1998..The aim of this study was to characterize the 24 h SBPV and HRV in both time and frequency domains during weight increase ..
- Cigarette smoking habits among high school boys in a developing countryA Bener
Department of Community Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, United Arab Emirates University, Al-Ain, United Arab Emirates
J R Soc Promot Health 119:166-9. 1999The aim of this cross-sectional study was to determine the habits, practices, attitudes and knowledge about cigarette smoking among high school boys aged 15-19 years in the United Arab Emirates, and to provide a basis for comparisons ..
- Global spinal motion in subjects with lumbar spondylolysis and spondylolisthesis: does the grade or type of slip affect global spinal motion?A H McGregor
Imperial College School of Medicine, Charing Cross Hospital, London, UK
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:282-6. 2001..This was a prospective pilot study to investigate the global motion characteristics of the spondylolysis and spondylolisthesis populations...
- Acid phosphatase activity in different organs as a marker of acute pancreatitisR Maciejewski
Department of Human Anatomy, Medical University of Lublin
Ann Univ Mariae Curie Sklodowska Med 56:356-61. 2001The aim of the experiment was to establish and quantify the changes in the activity of acid phosphatase in the pancreas, liver, spleen and kidneys during the course of experimental pancreatitis...
- The impact of cocaine and marijuana use on low birth weight and preterm birth: a multicenter studyP H Shiono
Center for the Future of Children, David and Lucille Pakcard Foundation, Los Altos, CA 94022
Am J Obstet Gynecol 172:19-27. 1995OBJECTIVE: Our aim was to evaluate prospectively the effects of cocaine and marijuana use on pregnancy outcomes...
- The hypertensive patient with multiple risk factors: is treatment really so difficult?A Zanchetti
Centro di Fisiologia Clinica e Ipertensione and Istituto di Clinica Medica, University of Milan and Ospedale Maggiore and Istituto Auxologico Italiano, Italy
Am J Hypertens 10:223S-229S. 1997..It has also been suggested that treatment should aim to correct all modifiable risk factors...
- Lack of effect of captopril on glomerular hyperfiltration in normoalbuminuric normotensive insulin-dependent diabetic patientsM J de Azevedo
Endocrinology Unit, , Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, RS, Brazil
Horm Metab Res 29:516-9. 1997The aim of the present study was to evaluate the effects of captopril on the glomerular filtration rate (GFR) and urinary albumin excretion rate (UAER) of normoalbuminuric normotensive insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (IDDM) patients ..
- Ramipril prevents left ventricular hypertrophy with myocardial fibrosis without blood pressure reduction: a one year study in ratsW Linz
Department of Pharmacology, Hoechst AG, Frankfurt Main, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 107:970-5. 1992..The aim of our one year study with an ACE-inhibitor in rats was to separate local cardiac effects produced by a non-..
- The relationship between density of alpha-adrenoceptor binding sites and contractile responses in several porcine isolated blood vesselsI K Wright
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre, Nottingham
Br J Pharmacol 114:678-88. 19951. The aim of this study was to investigate constrictor alpha-adrenoceptors in three isolated blood vessels of the pig, the thoracic aorta (TA), the splenic artery (SA) and marginal ear vein (MEV) and then compare the functional response ..
- The epidemiology of genitourinary fistulae in Kumasi, Ghana, 1977-1992K A Danso
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Science and Technology School of Medical Sciences, Kumasi, Ghana
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 7:117-20. 1996The aim of the study was to determine the clinical epidemiology of genitourinary fistulae as seen at Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital in Kumasi, Ghana...
- [Blood pressure determination and medical competence]R Habbal
Centre de cardiologie, CHU Ibn Rochd, , Casablanca, Maroc
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 90:1087-92. 1997Hypertension diagnosis depends closely to the blood pressure measurement. The aim of this work is to show whether blood pressure measurement should be done by a beginner or a competent doctor...
- Hypoxia induces apoptosis by caspase activation accompanying cytochrome C release from mitochondria in MC3T3E1 osteoblasts. p38 MAPK is related in hypoxia-induced apoptosisH J Chae
Department of Dental Pharmacology and Wonkwang Dental Reseaarch Institute, School of Dentistry, Wonkwang University, South Korea
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 23:133-52. 2001The aim of this study is to elucidate the possible mechanism of apoptosis in response to hypoxia in MC3T3E1 osteoblasts...
- Objective clinical evaluation of physical impairment in chronic low back painG Waddell
Orthopaedic Department, Western Infirmary, Glasgow, Scotland
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 17:617-28. 1992The aim of this study was to investigate physical impairment in patients with chronic low back pain, to develop a method of clinical evaluation suitable for routine use, and to consider the relationship between pain, disability, and ..
- Regional haemodynamic responses to acetylcholine, methoxamine, salbutamol and bradykinin during lipopolysaccharide infusion in conscious ratsJ Waller
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Nottingham Medical School, Queen s Medical Centre
Br J Pharmacol 112:1057-64. 19941. The aim of the study was to assess the regional haemodynamic responsiveness to vasoconstrictor and vasodilator challenges during continuous 24 h infusion of lipopolysaccharide (LPS) in conscious Long Evans rats. 2...
- [Ergometry separates sleep apnea syndrome from obesity-hypoventilation after therapy positive pressure ventilation therapy]B Schonhofer
Krankenhaus Kloster Grafschaft, Zentrum fur Pneumologie, Beatmungs und Schlafmedizin, Schmallenberg Grafschaft
Pneumologie 51:1115-9. 1997..The aim of this study was to investigate whether blood gases at the end of a standardized exercise test separate both OSA ..
- [Treatment of isolated systolic arterial hypertension and prevention of dementia in aged patients. The Syst-Eur multicenter study]M L Seux
, , Paris
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 92:1083-7. 1999The aim of the vascular dementia project, set up in the framework of the double-blind placebo-controlled Systolic Hypertension in Europe (Syst-Eur) trial, was to investigate the influence of antihypertensive drug treatment on the ..
- Acceleration by chronic treatment with clorgyline of the turnover of brain alpha 2-adrenoceptors in normotensive but not in spontaneously hypertensive ratsC Ribas
Department of Fundamental Biology and Health Sciences, University of the Balearic Islands, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Br J Pharmacol 110:99-106. 19931. The aim of this study was to quantitate and compare the turnover of alpha 2-adrenoceptors in the cerebral cortex of normotensive Wistar-Kyoto (WKY) and spontaneously hypertensive (SHR) rats, and its modulation during chronic treatment ..
- Antimycobacterial terpenoids from Juniperus communis L. (Cuppressaceae)Andréa Y Gordien
Natural Products Research Laboratories, Strathclyde Institute of Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow G4 0NR, UK
J Ethnopharmacol 126:500-5. 2009..Juniperus communis is a plant which has been reported as a traditional cure for tuberculosis (TB) and other respiratory diseases...
- Effect of NF-kappaB and p38 MAPK in activated monocytes/macrophages on pro-inflammatory cytokines of rats with acute pancreatitisHong Shan Liu
Department of Hepatobiliary Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an 710061, Shaanxi Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:2513-8. 2003..The aim of the study was to investigate the effect of NF-kappaB and p38 MAPK in activated monocytes/macrophages on ..
- [Surveillance of antibiotic resistance and antibiotic consumption in Medimurje]Marina Payerl-Pal
Zavod za javno zdravstvo Medimurske zupanije, Cakovec, Hrvatska
Acta Med Croatica 58:285-91. 2004..A correlation between the use of antibiotics and bacterial resistance has been proved for many different groups of antibiotics...
- [Evaluation of selected endocrine complications in patients treated with auto- and allo-haematopoietic stem cell transplantation]Ewa Niedzielska
Katedra i Klinika Transplantacji Szpiku, Onkologii i Hematologii Dzieciecej, Ul Bujwida 44, 50 345 Wrocław, Poland
Med Wieku Rozwoj 12:761-6. 2008The aim of this study was to evaluate the endocrine complications, in particular disorders of growth and thyroid function and glucose metabolism dysfunctions in patients treated with allo- and auto-haematopoietic stem cell ..
- [The impact of some bad habits and environmental factors on the somatic status of male adolescents]Hrvoje Lalić
Dom zdravlja Primorsko goranske zupanije, ispostava Rijeka, Medicina rada, Medicinski fakultet Sveucilista u Rijeci, Rijeka, Hrvatska
Acta Med Croatica 60:379-84. 2006The aim of the study was to investigate whether some bad habits of sedentary lifestyle influence the occurrence of diagnoses in male adolescents, divided according to their environment into urban, rural and and island groups.
- [Role of yeasts in diabetic foot ulcer infection]Emilija Mlinaric Missoni
Odsjek za klinicku mikologiju, Hrvatski zavod za javno zdravstvo, Zagreb
Acta Med Croatica 60:43-50. 2006The aim was to assess the incidence of isolation of individual fungal species and interpret the meaning of fungal isolates from foot ulcers of 509 diabetic outpatients using mycologic and histopathologic methods...
- Predictive value for preterm birth of abnormal vaginal flora, bacterial vaginosis and aerobic vaginitis during the first trimester of pregnancyG G Donders
Femicare vzw, Clinical Research for Women, Tienen, Belgium
BJOG 116:1315-24. 2009..Abnormal vaginal flora (AVF) before 14 gestational weeks is a risk factor for preterm birth (PTB). The presence of aerobic microorganisms and an inflammatory response in the vagina may also be important risk factors...
- Inhibition of myocardial apoptosis by ischaemic and beta-adrenergic preconditioning is dependent on p38 MAPKJohannes A Moolman
Department of Medical Physiology and Biochemistry, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Stellenbosch, Tygerberg, Republic of South Africa
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 20:13-25. 2006..Pharmacologic preconditioning with isoproterenol (beta-PC) also protects against necrosis, but it is not known whether it protects against apoptosis...
- Adsorption of lambda-cyhalothrin and cypermethrin on two typical Chinese soils as affected by copperJun Liu
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Jiangsu University, Zhenjiang, 212013, People s Republic of China
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 16:414-22. 2009..To better understand the potential influence of Cu on the fate of Pys in the soil environment, the aim of the present work was to examine the effect of Cu on the adsorption of lambda-CHT and CPM on two typical Chinese ..
- Lack of pharmacokinetic interaction of mipomersen sodium (ISIS 301012), a 2'-O-methoxyethyl modified antisense oligonucleotide targeting apolipoprotein B-100 messenger RNA, with simvastatin and ezetimibeRosie Z Yu
Isis Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Carlsbad, California 92008, USA
Clin Pharmacokinet 48:39-50. 2009..The aim of this study was to characterize the pharmacokinetic interactions of mipomersen sodium with simvastatin and ..
- Impact of posttransplant diabetes mellitus on graft function in autosomal dominant polycystic kidney disease patients after kidney transplantationMaria Pietrzak-Nowacka
Klinika Nefrologii, Transplantologii i Chorób Wewnetrznych Pomorskiej Akademii Medycznej w Szczecinie al Powstańców Wlkp 72, 70 111 Szczecin
Ann Acad Med Stetin 54:41-8. 2008..The aim of our study was to assess the influence of PTDM on graft function in recipients with ADPKD and other causes of ..
- [Hearing damage as a consequence of firefighters' professional exposure to noise]Hrvoje Lalić
Dom zdravlja Primorsko goranske zupanije i Medicinski fakultet Sveucilista u Rijeci, Hrvatska
Acta Med Croatica 63:195-9. 2009The aim of the study was to find out whether firefighters' professional exposure to the noise of sirens, motor water pumps and transportation by heavy vehicles causes biauricular hearing impairment...
- Mathematical modeling of biofiltration in activated pine-bark charge of a biofilterRasa Vaiskunaite
Environment Protection Department, Environmental Engineering Faculty, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Sauletekio al 11, 2 211, 10223 Vilnius 40, Lithuania
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 12:297-301. 2005b>AIM, SCOPE AND BACKGROUND: Human economic activities cause emissions of various pollutants of an organic nature: butanol, butyl acetate, methanol, formaldehyde, phenol, benzene, toluene, xylene, etc...
- Risk assessment of boron in glass wool insulationAllan Astrup Jensen
FORCE Technology, 345 Park Allé, 2605, Broendby, Denmark
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 16:73-8. 2009..The aim of this paper is to assess whether the new EU hazard classification of boron compounds should imply that glass wool ..
- [Computer tomography in the diagnosis and therapy of acetabular fractures]K Senohradski
Institute of Orthopaedic Surgery and Traumatology, Clinical Centre of Serbia, Belgrade
Srp Arh Celok Lek 129:194-8. 2001..It has been shown that computed tomography is useful method in precise evaluation of the fracture type the soft-tissue damage and integrity of joint space [4-6]...
- Failure of therapeutic vaccination using hepatitis B surface antigen vaccine in the immunotolerant phase of children with chronic hepatitis B infectionBunyamin Dikici
Department of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Dicle University Medical Faculty, Diyarbakir, Turkey
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 18:218-22. 2003The aim of this study was to investigate the efficacy of specific hepatitis B virus (HBV) vaccination as active immunotherapy in treating chronic hepatitis B (CHB) infection during the immune-tolerant phase in children with normal ..
- Determination of phenolic and steroid endocrine disrupting compounds in environmental matricesAnastasia Arditsoglou
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Chemistry Department, Environmental Pollution Control Laboratory, 54124 Thessaloniki, Greece
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 15:228-36. 2008..The aim of this study is the development of analytical methods for the simultaneous determination of phenolic and steroid ..
- Selenite resistant rhizobacteria stimulate SeO(3) (2-) phytoextraction by Brassica juncea in bioaugmented water-filtering artificial bedsSilvia Lampis
Department of Biotechnology, Laboratories of Microbial Biotechnology and Environmental Microbiology, University of Verona, Strada Le Grazie 15 Ca Vignal, I 37134, Verona, Italy
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 16:663-70. 2009..The aim of the present study was to evaluate the capability of selenite removal of B...
- Behaviour and dynamics of di-ammonium phosphate in bauxite processing residue sand in Western Australia--I. NH3 volatilisation and residual nitrogen availabilityC R Chen
Environmental Futures Centre and Griffith School of Environment, Griffith University, Nathan, Queensland, 4111, Australia
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 17:1098-109. 2010..The aim of this study was to quantify the effects of pH on NH(3) volatilisation and residual nitrogen (N) in BRS following ..
- Minimum incision endoscopic surgery (MIES) in Japanese urology: results of adrenalectomy, radical nephrectomy and radical prostatectomyK Kihara
Department of Urology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Graduate School, Tokyo, Japan
Aktuelle Urol 41:S15-9. 2010The aim of this study was to evaluate the feasibility of our minimum incision endoscopic surgeries (MIES), adrenalectomy, radical nephrectomy and radical prostatectomy, which are operated via a single minimum incision which narrowly ..
- Longitudinal assessment of maternal endothelial function and markers of inflammation and placental function throughout pregnancy in lean and obese mothersFrances M Stewart
Reproductive and Maternal Medicine, Division of Developmental Medicine, University of Glasgow, Royal Infirmary Glasgow, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:969-75. 2007..Obesity in pregnancy is increasing and is a risk factor for metabolic pathology such as preeclampsia. In the nonpregnant, obesity is associated with dyslipidemia, vascular dysfunction, and low-grade chronic inflammation...
- Tau Fifine Fiafia: the binge drinking behaviours of nine New Zealand born Niuean women living in AucklandJosephine Gray
Tupu Pacific Alcohol and drug and Gambling Services, Level 1, 409 New North Road, Kingsland, Auckland, New Zealand
Pac Health Dialog 15:104-11. 2009The aim of this paper is to explore the binge drinking behaviours and attitudes of nine New Zealand born Niuean women aged 18 to 45 plus years living in Auckland who are heavy binge drinkers...
- [The biggest epidemic of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome in Croatia]Ilija Kuzman
Klinika za infektivne bolesti Dr Fran Mihaljevic Mirogojska 8 10000 Zagreb, Hrvatska
Acta Med Croatica 57:337-46. 2003..The largest outbreak of hemorrhagic fever with renal syndrome (HFRS) to date occurred in Croatia in the year 2002. The epidemic started in winter, lasted throughout spring to summer months, ending not earlier than November...
- [Comparison of various cyclophosphamide treatment regimens on the course and outcome of lupus nephritis ]Radimila Petrović
Institute of Rheumatology, Belgrade
Srp Arh Celok Lek 130:19-25. 2002..Results of these follow-up studies were published previously [6-8]...
- Observations in the blood lipid profile in patients undergoing restorative proctocolectomyA E M'Koma
Department of Surgery, Huddinge University Hospital, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Surg Investig 2:227-35. 2000..In restorative proctocolectomy, the different procedures may involve the ileum in all three ways...
- Filling of the aneurysmal sac with DEAC-glucosamine in an animal model of abdominal aortic aneurysm following stent-graft repairR Uflacker
Unit of Interventional Radiology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 47:425-36. 2006The aim of this study was to present the preliminary results of a technique of abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) sac filling in an attempt to obliterate the sac in a swine AAA model, using deacetylated-poly-N-acetyl glucosamine (DEAC-poly-..
- Weathering patinas on the medieval (S. XIV) stained glass windows of the Pedralbes Monastery (Barcelona, Spain)Meritxell Aulinas
Dep Geoquímica, Petrologia i Prospecció Geològica, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 16:443-52. 2009..The aim of our study was to characterize the patinas formed on the surface of the selected glass of this monastery in order ..
- Observational study on the performance of the Narhinel method (nasal aspirator and physiological saline solution) versus physiological saline solution in the prevention of recurrences of viral rhinitis and associated complications of the upper respiratoryG Montanari
FIMP Friuli Venezia Giulia, Pordenone, Italy
Minerva Pediatr 62:9-16, 17-21. 2010The aim of this study was to assess the validity of Narhinel method in the prevention of recurrences of viral rhinitis and of any associated sequelae, in particular acute otitis of the middle ear (AOM) and acute rhinosinusitis (AR).
- Mandibular condylar fractures and acute atlanto-axial subluxation. Part 1 - A new clinical and nosographic evidenceT Cutilli
Department of Maxillofacial Surgery, University of L Aquila School of Medicine, Italy
Minerva Stomatol 58:187-98. 2009The aim of this study was to analyze the acute repercussions of condylar mandibular fractures on occipital-atlanto-axial joint.
- Diagnostic value of biohumoral markers of necrosis and inflammation in patients with right ventricular myocardial infarctionV Orozovic
Military Medical Academy, Clinic for Urgent Internal Medicine, Belgrade, Serbia
Prilozi 28:23-38. 2007..with creatin kinasis (CK) or the enzymes which indicate necrosis markers in acute myocardial infarction (AIM)...
- Vasculitis in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)--assessment of peripheral blood mononuclear cell activation and the degree of endothelial dysfunction: initial reportJoanna Kluz
Department of Angiology, Arterial Hypertension, and Diabetology, Wrocław Medical University, Wrocław, Poland
Postepy Hig Med Dosw (Online) 61:725-35. 2007..It seems relevant to assess the mechanisms of inflammatory response involving PBMCs and endothelial cells at particular stages of SLE microangiopathy...
- Comparison of EML 105 and advantage analysers measuring capillary versus venous whole blood glucose in neonatesP J McNamara
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Basildon Hospital, UK
Acta Paediatr 90:1033-41. 2001..The aim of this study was to compare a new glucose electrode-based analyser (EML 105) and a non-wipe reflectance photometry ..
- [Contribution of dissociative symptoms to antisocial behavior in a sample of high-school students]H Chabrol
Centre d Etudes et de Recherches en Psychopathologie, Universite de Toulouse le Mirail, 31000 Toulouse, France
Encephale 35:52-6. 2009..Despite the frequency of dissociative symptoms in nonclinical adolescents, the relation between dissociative disorders and antisocial behavior has not been studied in community samples of adolescents...
Research Grants153 found, 100 shown here
- Improving the Quality of Medication Use in Older AdultsMary T Roth; Fiscal Year: 2010..To accomplish this, three specific aims are proposed. In Specific Aim 1, a 1-year cohort study will be conducted to estimate the prevalence and incidence of drug therapy problems ..
- A Decoy Receptor as a Novel Biomarker for Autoimmune Inner Ear DiseaseAndrea Vambutas; Fiscal Year: 2010..This hypothesis will be tested through three specific aims: Aim 1: Determine if a favorable response to steroid therapy in presumptive AIED patients with sudden declines in ..
- A Genetic Model for Understanding the Metabolic Syndrome/Obesity RelationshipBENJAMIN JENNINGS RENQUIST; Fiscal Year: 2010..The first aim will include a rigorous determination of MC3-R and MC4-R effects on sympathetic tone in white adipose tissue (WAT), ..
- Retinoid and Carotenoid Depletion in Patients at High-Risk for Liver CancerPeter H Gann; Fiscal Year: 2010..Normal controls will include 10 subjects providing tissue by partial hepatectomy for benign conditions. For Aim 1 we will test the importance of multiple factors (poor diet, stage of CLD, smoking, insulin resistance, age and ..
- A PROOF-OF-CONCEPT CLINICAL TRIAL OF XENIN-25 IN THE TREATMENT OF TYPE 2 DIABETESBurton M Wice; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Specific Aim 1 we will determine whether xenin-25 enhances the insulin secretory response to exogenously infused GIP and in ..
- Understanding/ Treating Neuropsychiatric Symptoms of Pediatric Physical IllnessEva Szigethy; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Comparison of Depression Interventions after Acute Coronary Syndrome (CODIACS)Karina W Davidson; Fiscal Year: 2010..b>Aim 1) To determine the feasibility and effectiveness of the COPES intervention at other sites by conducting a 5-site ..
- Baerbel Rohrer; Fiscal Year: 2016..b>Aim 1 is aimed at determining the smoke-induced complement activation pathway in RPE monolayers...
- SEARCH for Diabetes in Youth 2: Hawaii CenterBeatriz L Rodriguez; Fiscal Year: 2009..to continue and expand the work performed by SEARCH in order to address the following specific research aims: AIM 1: Prospectively ascertain newly diagnosed (2006-2008) incident cases age less than 20 years in order to estimate ..
- Prospective Study of Restless Leg SyndromeXiang Gao; Fiscal Year: 2011..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: The primary aim of this application is to examine whether blood donation, obesity and genetic components influence risk of restless ..
- Empowering Daughters and Mother-in-laws to Mitigate Gender-based Violence and ProSuneeta Krishnan; Fiscal Year: 2011..We aim to fill this gap by conducting exploratory research on an innovative women's empowerment-based GBV prevention ..
- Fish oil for the prevention and treatment of ovarian cancerDale B Hales; Fiscal Year: 2012..Two Specific Aims are proposed based on the innovative use of the laying hen model of ovarian cancer: Aim 1) to determine the optimum dose of fish oil by assessing the effects on surrogate endpoints in hens;Aim 2) to ..
- Rick W Wright; Fiscal Year: 2014..This will be accomplished by focusing on four Specific Aims. Specific Aim 1 will determine if graft choice predicts incidence of graft rerupture, reoperation, return to sports function and ..
- RANDOMIZED TRIAL: MATERNAL VITAMIN D SUPPLEMENTATION TO PREVENT CHILDHOOD ASTHMARobert Strunk; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our primary specific aim is to determine whether adequate vitamin D supplementation in the pregnant mother is associated with reduced ..
- RANDOMIZED TRIAL: MATERNAL VITAMIN D SUPPLEMENTATION TO PREVENT CHILDHOOD ASTHMAScott T Weiss; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our primary specific aim is to determine whether adequate vitamin D supplementation in the pregnant mother is associated with reduced ..
- Helen Kim; Fiscal Year: 2016..Taken together, there is a pressing need to improve risk assessment. Aim 1 will demonstrate that Silent Intralesional Microhemorrhage (SIM) is a novel risk factor for bAVM rupture...
- Abdulghani Sankari; Fiscal Year: 2016..B. Research Plan: To this end the research proposal is aimed as the followings: Specific Aim (1): To determine the mechanism of SDB in cervical vs. thoracic SCI...
- The Risk of Myocardial Infarction in Patients with PsoriasisJoel M Gelfand; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this application, we aim to perform a large population-based cohort study in patients with varying degrees of psoriasis severity to ..
- Rachel Saunders-Pullman; Fiscal Year: 2015..It will critically expand both studies by adding measures to both New York and Israeli sites (Aim 1), including cancer assessment (Aim 3), and combining Consortium marker data with a surrogate marker for ..
- Nancy Berliner; Fiscal Year: 2015..We aim to determine whether vitamin D and/or w-3 FA supplements reduce the incidence of diagnosed anemia through the use ..
- Nan Kong; Fiscal Year: 2014..Under the first aim, a discrete-event simulation model that mimics the age- and gender- dependent CRC natural history will be ..
- Susan H Eshleman; Fiscal Year: 2014..The Specific Aims of the project are: Aim 1: Continue to build a repository of diverse, well-characterized samples with information on the duration of HIV ..
- SOCRATES HERRERA VALENCIA; Fiscal Year: 2016..The studies proposed for aim 1 are directed to determine the real prevalence and incidence of malaria by considering both symptomatic and ..
- Graves'Disease Therapy Risks to Mother and FetusScott A Rivkees; Fiscal Year: 2013..To test these hypotheses, two specific aims are proposed: Specific Aim 1: Assess the risks of ATD treatment during pregnancy on mother and fetus...
- Role of Genes in Exceptional Longevity in HumansNIR J BARZILAI; Fiscal Year: 2012..We aim to discover more longevity genes, aging genes, and their interactive/protective pathways by high through-out ..
- Arti Hurria; Fiscal Year: 2016..study design, we will pursue the following specific aims while controlling for comorbidity and frailty: Aim 1: Examine the association of APOE status, smoking history, and therapeutic exposures on the cognitive performance ..
- Translating innovative research discoveries to a potential therapeutic for Down SELIZABETH KEITH MESSERSMITH; Fiscal Year: 2013..Phase 1 Specific Aims: Aim 1): Determine safe and efficacious doses for PTZ in Ts65Dn mice with a focus on seizure risk assessment...
- Joshua E Muscat; Fiscal Year: 2015..Specific aims are: Specific Aim 1...
- Genomics of myocardial transcription factors in cardiac remodelingThomas P Cappola; Fiscal Year: 2013..In Aim 1 we will test the hypothesis that variation in candidate transcription factors is associated with concentric ..
- Jill M Wecht; Fiscal Year: 2014..An exploratory aim will be to determine if hypoxemia stemming from repetitive apneas leads to elevation in markers of vascular ..
- Adenosine and the Basal Forebrain in the Control of Behavioral StateRobert E Strecker; Fiscal Year: 2012..Similar CSR results in rats are described in Aim 1...
- Albert Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2016..They have shown that certain biomarkers correlate with HAND severity and improve during treatment. One aim would be to test a composite score of eight biomarkers alongside standardized neuropsychological testing...
- Metabolic Crosstalk Between Immune Cells and the Liver in ObesityBENJAMIN MANTELL; Fiscal Year: 2012..In this project, we aim to determine the role of not only macrophages, but other cells of innate immunity, e.g...
- Mark E Kleinman; Fiscal Year: 2015..The initial aim of the study is to decipher how these established AMD risk factors regulate the progression of disease through ..
- TARGETING FLIP FOR PROSTATE CANCER PREVENTIONAddanki P Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2012..Specific aim 1: Establish the efficacy of 2-ME in inhibiting the development of AIPCA in the TRAMP model...
- Autologous EPC lining to improve biocompatibility of circulatory assist devicesJeffrey H Lawson; Fiscal Year: 2010..will provide a more antithrombogenic and biocompatible surface and propose the following specific aims: Specific Aim 1: to genetically enhance endothelial progenitor cells, isolated from swine peripheral blood, by over-expressing ..
- Modulated Imaging in Comprehensive Assessment of Diabetic Foot Ulcer DevelopmentAmaan Mazhar; Fiscal Year: 2012..The central aim of the proposed research is to prove Modulated Imaging (MI) as a means to predict/monitor complications of the ..
- A Comprehensive Intervention for Diabetes and Comorbid Depression in Primary CareMadhukar H Trivedi; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specific aims: Aim 1: To evaluate the benefits of CDDI in improving diabetic outcomes compared to UC+DSM-DM...
- Genetic Analysis of Age Related Hearing ImpairmentRick A Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2010..We propose the following SPECIFIC AIMS: AIM 1: Compile an accurate representation of the adult human cochlear transcriptome...
- A Pilot Study of the DASH Diet in Not-Well-Controlled Adult AsthmaJun Ma; Fiscal Year: 2013..Follow-up assessments will occur at 3 and 6 months. The primary aim is to evaluate the potential effect of the DASH diet on a validated composite measure of asthma control, the ..
- Translating CBT-Insomnia for Lung Cancer into practice: A RCTGrace E Dean; Fiscal Year: 2013..This study proposes a multi-tiered, translational approach to address specific needs of lung cancer survivors. Aim 1 will determine the efficacy of a standard CBT-I treatment protocol in lung cancer survivors...
- Wilburn E Reddick; Fiscal Year: 2015..greatest risk of developing specific neurocognitive deficits in frontal lobe functioning at completion of therapy (Aim 1)...
- Brain Structure and Function in Adolescents after the Fontan OperationMICHAEL JOHN RIVKIN; Fiscal Year: 2012..In Aim 1, Fontan and control groups will be compared on Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) measures of brain structure...
- William A Wolf; Fiscal Year: 2014..In Aim I, we will establish that 5-HT1A receptors within basal ganglia circuitry are situated to reduce excitatory drive ..
- Comparative Effectiveness of Biologics for PsoriasisJoel M Gelfand; Fiscal Year: 2010..This aim will address a major barrier to the conduct of comparative effectiveness studies in psoriasis as such studies can ..
- Excitation contraction coupling in bladder smooth muscleRobert S Moreland; Fiscal Year: 2013..The first aim of this proposal will be to continue the development of this organ-cultured preparation and demonstrate the utility ..
- Behavioral Change in the Mother/Infant Dyad: Preventing Postpartum DepressionCATHERINE E MONK; Fiscal Year: 2012..In this R21 application, we aim to collect pilot and feasibility data on a novel PPD risk-reducing protocol based on a dyadic behavioral approach ..
- Developing a Skin Toxicity-Related Quality of Life Scale for Breast RadiotherapyJulie B Schnur; Fiscal Year: 2012..The first specific aim of the project is to assemble the POST-B from the building blocks of our preliminary item pool...
- John F Sheridan; Fiscal Year: 2016..In the first aim we will elucidate the neuroendocrine pathways that contribute to the development and egress of GC-insensitive MPCs ..
- SOREN YVETTE LOWELL; Fiscal Year: 2015..b>Aim III will determine the functional impact of OA on quality of life and ability to communicate with family or friends...
- Craig M McDonald; Fiscal Year: 2014..Specific aims of the project are: Specific Aim 1: To assess the reliability, validity, and responsiveness of novel objective clinical outcome measures in DMD: ..
- Gloria Y Yeh; Fiscal Year: 2014..Our primary aim will be to examine the effects of tai chi and mind-body breathing on quality-of-life and exercise capacity in this ..
- ESRD Endocrinopathy and Daily DialysisJoan C Lo; Fiscal Year: 2012..three Specific Aims are: Among up to 250 persons with ESRD on maintenance hemodialysis enrolled into the FHN Study: Aim 1: To characterize the prevalence and correlates of abnormalities in pituitary and thyroid- related hormones and ..
- Frank K Friedenberg; Fiscal Year: 2014..An additional aim of this K24 award will be to establish formal training in epidemiology for residents and subspecialty ..
- NICOLE L MARRONE; Fiscal Year: 2014..The specific aims are divided across the two phases of research. The R21 phase includes Aim 1) Develop and implement a needs assessment identifying factors that underlie barriers to access in an older ..
- Nasia Safdar; Fiscal Year: 2016..Secondary Exploratory Specific Aim 1. To determine the effect of 4 weeks of oral L. rhamnosus HN001 therapy on S. aureus infections...
- Mice Harboring Human DISC1-Boymaw Fusion TranscriptsXIANJIN ZHOU; Fiscal Year: 2010..R21 PHASE SPECIFIC AIMS Specific Aim 1: Generation of humanized mice harboring human DISC1-Boymaw fusion transcripts...
- Improving PTSD Management in Primary CareLisa S Meredith; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specifically, we aim to: 1...
- Christie Befort; Fiscal Year: 2015..We aim to produce long-term weight loss maintenance, associated biomarker modulation, and improved quality of life in a ..
- INDU A AYAPPA; Fiscal Year: 2016..The specific aim is to demonstrate a correlation between the level of EDS that develops after controlled suboptimal CPAP (a ..
- Behavioral and Virologic Impact of HPV ImmunizationJessica A Kahn; Fiscal Year: 2012..The third aim will be addressed using two cross- sectional surveillance studies, before and after widespread HPV vaccination, in ..
- Genetic and Environmental Determinants of Type 2 Diabetes in Chinese SingaporeansMark A Pereira; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our main aim is the identification of genetic susceptibility factors for T2D in Chinese living in Singapore, where there is a ..
- A Prospective Cohort Study of Migraines, Platelet Activation, and PreeclampsiaMichelle A Williams; Fiscal Year: 2012..The overall aim of the proposed research is to evaluate whether, and to what extent, maternal pre-gestational history of migraines ..
- THELMA THEREZINHA GONCALEZ; Fiscal Year: 2014..will be measured as an increase in persons receiving their test results, disclosure counseling and referrals (Aim 1)...
- JOCELYN CHRISTINE ANDERSON; Fiscal Year: 2015..The aim of these qualitative interviews is to explore women's perceptions on IPV and reproductive coercion and the ..
- Corinne Keet; Fiscal Year: 2014..b>Aim 1 is to compare the prevalence of sensitization and higher likelihood of clinical food allergy, both as measured by ..
- Discovery metabolite profiling of the prolyl peptidasesAlan Saghatelian; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, the application of DMP to peptidases will demonstrate the generality of this approach for the future characterization of medically relevant enzymes and signaling pathways. ..
- Genetic variation and regulatory networks: Mechanisms and complexityDANA PE ER; Fiscal Year: 2009..These tools will be made publicly available, including a friendly graphical user interface and visualization. ..
- Variation in M. tuberculosis in response to host selectionSarah Fortune; Fiscal Year: 2009..In these studies, we expect to provide fundamental insights into the mechanisms and targets of diversifying immune selection in M. tuberculosis. ..
- Novel TIRF microscopy analyzing trafficking & signaling at the cell cortexDerek Toomre; Fiscal Year: 2009..of my parent New Innovator (DP2) Award; the DP2's main specific aims are to develop novel microscopes (Aim 1) and analytical tools (Aim 2) to study membrane trafficking at the cell cortex (Aim 3)...
- Transcription factors regulating sensory gene expression and pain pathwaysEric E Turner; Fiscal Year: 2011..Here we propose three aims focused on understanding the gene regulatory program of pain receptive sensory neurons. Aim 1...
- Xenoestrogen regulation of Leydig cellsBENSON TOKUNBO AKINGBEMI; Fiscal Year: 2010..cell precursors in the prenatal and/or neonatal period, which alters Leydig cell proliferation and population (Aim I);Estrogen regulation of Leydig cell mitosis is mediated by interaction of signaling pathways, which involves the ..
- Lauren Endres; Fiscal Year: 2014..To test this hypothesis we propose the following two aims: AIM 1: Determine if there are increased levels of DNA damage in Abh8-/- MEFs caused by corrupted DNA repair Since Abh8-/..
- SHAOCHUNG VICTOR HSIA; Fiscal Year: 2016..Specific Aim 1...
- ASTHMA AND ALLERGIC DISEASE CENTERThomas A Platts Mills; Fiscal Year: 2010..The second aim is to assess the relationships between IgE ab response and inflammation among the patients presenting to an ..
- Anti-tumor properties of curcumin in oral cancers: role of thioredoxin reductaseSTEPHEN WILLIAM TUTTLE; Fiscal Year: 2010..In specific aim 1, we plan to knockdown TxRd1 levels in FaDu cells using shRNA to the 3'UTR of the human TxRd1 gene cloned ..
- Mapping for Specialized Domains for FCeRI Signaling &InternalizationBridget S Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2013..In this proposal, we plan to test several hypotheses related to our model. In Aim 1, we will develop new monovalent probes for plasma membrane lipids...
- Brain Activation responses in adolescents with genetic predisposition to obesitySusan Carnell; Fiscal Year: 2011..The aim of the K99 project is to study the neural mechanisms underlying increased intake of high energy dense (ED) foods in ..
- Ashraf Gorgey; Fiscal Year: 2016..The research plan includes three specific aims that were devised by the candidate and his mentors. Specific aim 1 will demonstrate the effects of NMES RT and/or Testosterone patches (Tp) on the CSA of thighs and legs skeletal ..
- The gastric X/A-like (ghrelin) cell: A peripheral regulator of food intakeNILS WG LAMBRECHT; Fiscal Year: 2012..The proposed studies aim to show, that this cell appears to have mechanisms in place to acutely stimulate or inhibit food intake by opposing ..
- The Primate Corpus Luteum: Functional Regression and Cardiovascular ImpactsRandy L Bogan; Fiscal Year: 2012..To test this hypothesis, the first aim conducted during the K99 mentored phase will use molecular studies to determine the individual importance of LXR1 ..
- MERVYN N WEITZMANN; Fiscal Year: 2016..In Specific Aim 1 we will investigate the impact of B cell depletion in mice in vivo using an anti-CD20 antibody that mimics the ..
- JAMES RUSSELL SOWERS; Fiscal Year: 2015..To address Aim 1, we will examine the relationship between ANG II and S6K1 activation and INS signaling in primary cultured ..
- Physiological role of PRDM16 in brown fat development and energy balancePatrick Seale; Fiscal Year: 2011b>Aim 1: We test the hypothesis that PRDM16 can drive the formation of functional brown adipocytes in white fat depots of mice to raise energy expenditure and protect against obesity and cold exposure. Diet-Induced Obesity (DIP)...
- Tibor T Glant; Fiscal Year: 2016..In Aim 1, we will narrow, and (if possible) separate genes of the Gpr107-Nsc1-Hmcn2 cluster via new recombinations by ..
- PHILIP LEE JOHNSON; Fiscal Year: 2016..My training will also involve pharmacology training by Todd Skaar PhD for aim 1;molecular biology coursework and training by William Truitt, PhD, and Kenneth Cornetta MD at IUSM for aims 2 and ..
- Cory Teuscher; Fiscal Year: 2014..In Aim 1 we will dissect the mechanism(s) responsible for the ER-retention of the H1RR allele and whether pharmacological ..
- Cross-talk Between Coagulation, Inflammation, and ImmunityLawrence L Leung; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Aim 1. To determine the biology of OPN-R and OPN-L in human glioblastoma (GBM)...
- Role of Txnip in adapting fuel metabolism to nutritional stateSIMON HUI; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Aim 1 is focused on identification of molecular defects leading to impaired mitochondrial oxidation in TKO mice...
- Susan Carnell; Fiscal Year: 2015..The aim of the K99 project is to study the neural mechanisms underlying increased intake of high energy dense (ED) foods in ..
- Importance of antigen specific immunoglobulin responses in controlling SIV/SHIV iBapi Pahar; Fiscal Year: 2010..The specific aims are: Specific Aim 1: To compare the role of antigen specific IgA, IgG and IgM immune responses in macaques with different levels of ..
- Multi-targeted Countermeasures against Acute and Delayed Effects of OP ExposureJohn A Butera; Fiscal Year: 2013..It is the aim of this project to discover novel and mechanisticaly unique dual- acting agents which would represent a ..
- Behavioral Activation Therapy for Rural Veterans with Diabetes and DepressionAanand Dinkar Naik; Fiscal Year: 2013..Project Objectives: Specific (Primary) Aim (1): Compare the effectiveness of the Healthy Outcomes through Patient Empowerment (HOPE) intervention to enhanced ..
- Angiotensin Adrenergic Interactions in the KidneyRoland C Blantz; Fiscal Year: 2013..g., VEGF, GLUT-1 and HO-1 were expressed in the untreated 5/6th nephrectomy kidney. In Specific Aim #1 we will examine in all groups the effects of several treatments to define the "pars value" of contributions to ..
- Brain mast cells and Chronic Fatigue SyndromeTheoharis C Theoharides; Fiscal Year: 2013..The requirement for mast cells, for NT, SP, the CRHR involved, and the role of UCP2 in the endpoints studied in Aim 1 by using C57BL-derived WW mast cell deficient mice, NT -/- mice, SP -/- mice, CRHR-1;CRHR-2 -/- and UCP2 -/- mice,..
- VINCENT SCOTT TAGLIABRACCI; Fiscal Year: 2014..The independent phase (Specific Aim 3) will employ mouse models to study the regulation of FGF23 by Fam20C...