Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CDK5RAP3
Description: CDK5 regulatory subunit associated protein 3
Alias: C53, HSF-27, IC53, LZAP, MST016, OK/SW-cl.114, PP1553, CDK5 regulatory subunit-associated protein 3, CDK5 regulatory subunit associated protein IC53-2, LXXLL/leucine-zipper-containing ARF-binding protein, LXXLL/leucine-zipper-containing ARFbinding protein, ischemic heart CDK5 activator-binding protein C53
- Genome-wide association analysis of genetic generalized epilepsies implicates susceptibility loci at 1q43, 2p16.1, 2q22.3 and 17q21.32Michael Steffens
Institute for Medical Biometry, Informatic and Epidemiology, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 21:5359-72. 2012..1, ZEB2 at 2q22.3, SCN1A at 2q24.3 and PNPO at 17q21.32. Further replication efforts are necessary to elucidate whether these positional candidate genes contribute to the heritability of the common GGE syndromes...
- Expression of TIP-1 confers radioresistance of malignant glioma cellsMiaojun Han
Department of Radiation Oncology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e45402. 2012..In this study, TIP-1 was identified as one novel protein that confers resistance of glioma cells to IR...
- A novel LZAP-binding protein, NLBP, inhibits cell invasionJunhye Kwon
Department of Biological Science, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon 440 746, Republic of Korea
J Biol Chem 285:12232-40. 2010LXXLL/leucine zipper-containing alternative reading frame (ARF)-binding protein (LZAP) was recently shown to function as a tumor suppressor through inhibition of the NF-kappaB signaling pathway...
- A novel C53/LZAP-interacting protein regulates stability of C53/LZAP and DDRGK domain-containing Protein 1 (DDRGK1) and modulates NF-kappaB signalingJianchun Wu
Children s Memorial Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60614, USA
J Biol Chem 285:15126-36. 2010C53/LZAP (also named as Cdk5rap3) is a putative tumor suppressor that plays important roles in multiple cell signaling pathways, including DNA damage response and NF-kappaB signaling...
- Cloning of three novel neuronal Cdk5 activator binding proteinsY P Ching
Department of Biochemistry, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Kowloon
Gene 242:285-94. 2000..The full-length forms of these three novel proteins, designated C42, C48 and C53, have a molecular mass of 66, 24, and 57 kDa, respectively...
- Suppression of the novel ER protein Maxer by mutant ataxin-1 in Bergman glia contributes to non-cell-autonomous toxicityHiroki Shiwaku
Department of Neuropathology, Medical Research Institute, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
EMBO J 29:2446-60. 2010..Maxer is an endoplasmic reticulum (ER) membrane protein interacting with CDK5RAP3. Maxer anchors CDK5RAP3 to the ER and inhibits its function of Cyclin D1 transcription repression in the nucleus...
- A novel ARF-binding protein (LZAP) alters ARF regulation of HDM2Jialiang Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Biochem J 393:489-501. 2006..Using a yeast two-hybrid screen, we have identified a novel protein, LZAP (LXXLL/leucine-zipper-containing ARF-binding protein), that interacts with endogenous ARF in mammalian cells...
- Overexpression of a novel activator of PAK4, the CDK5 kinase-associated protein CDK5RAP3, promotes hepatocellular carcinoma metastasisGrace Wing Yan Mak
Departments of Anatomy and Pathology, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, and State Key Laboratory for Liver Research, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
Cancer Res 71:2949-58. 2011The CDK5 kinase regulatory subunit-associated protein 3 (CDK5RAP3 or C53/LZAP) regulates apoptosis induced by genotoxic stress...
- Cdk5 activator-binding protein C53 regulates apoptosis induced by genotoxic stress via modulating the G2/M DNA damage checkpointHai Jiang
Children s Memorial Research Center, The Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Feinberg School of Medicine and IGP Graduate Program, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60614, USA
J Biol Chem 280:20651-9. 2005..Here we report the involvement of Cdk5 activator p35-binding protein C53 in regulation of apoptosis induced by genotoxic stress through modulating Cdk1-cyclin B1 function...
- Novel interaction between nuclear co-activator CBP and the CDK5 activator binding protein - C53Xiaolong Yin
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Craniofacial Biology, University of Louisville, Birth Defects Center, 501 S Preston Street, Suite 301, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Int J Mol Med 16:251-6. 2005..The carboxy terminal region of CBP (including the C/H3 region) was utilized as a bait. C53, a 57 kDa protein known to bind to the p25 activator of cyclin-dependent kinase 5, was identified as a novel ..
- Tumor suppressor protein C53 antagonizes checkpoint kinases to promote cyclin-dependent kinase 1 activationHai Jiang
Children s Memorial Research Center, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Cell Res 19:458-68. 2009..We originally reported that a novel protein C53 (also known as Cdk5rap3 and LZAP) potentiates DNA damage-induced cell death by modulating the G2/M checkpoint. More recently, Wang et al...
- LZAP, a putative tumor suppressor, selectively inhibits NF-kappaBJialiang Wang
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Cancer Cell 12:239-51. 2007b>LZAP has been reported to inhibit cellular proliferation and clonogenic growth. Here, we report that decreased LZAP expression promoted cellular transformation, xenograft tumor growth, and xenograft tumor vascularity...
- RCAD/BiP Pathway is Necessary for the Proper Synthesis of Digestive Enzymes and the Secretory Function of the Exocrine PancreasCamille Miller
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol . 2017..Among the components of the Ufm1 system, Regulator of C53 and DDRGK1 (RCAD) has recently been identified as an Ufm1-specific E3 ligase that promotes ufmylation of DDRGK1, a ..
- LZAP is a novel Wip1 binding partner and positive regulator of its phosphatase activity in vitroJ Jacob Wamsley
a Department of Surgery, Division of Otolaryngology, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA
Cell Cycle . 2016..Wip1 also dephosphorylates and inactivates RelA. Notably, LZAP, a putative tumor suppressor, has been linked to dephosphorylation of several of these substrates, including RelA, ..
- CDK5RAP3 acts as a tumor suppressor in gastric cancer through inhibition of β-catenin signalingJia Bin Wang
Department of Gastric Surgery, Fujian Medical University Union Hospital, No 29 Xinquan Road, Fuzhou 350001, Fujian Province, People s Republic of China
Cancer Lett 385:188-197. 2017b>CDK5RAP3 was isolated as a binding protein of the Cdk5 activator p35. Although CDK5RAP3 has been implicated in cancer progression, its expression and function have not been investigated in gastric cancer...
- RbZnFe(PO4)2: synthesis and crystal structureAbdessalem Badri
Unite de Recherche, Matériaux Inorganiques, Faculte des Sciences, Universite de Monastir, 5019 Monastir, Tunisia
Acta Crystallogr E Crystallogr Commun 72:1074-6. 2016..This compound is isostructural to the previously reported KCoAl(PO4)2 [Chen et al. (1997 ▸). Acta Cryst. C53,1754-1756]...
- Selective disruption of disulphide bonds lowered activation energy and improved catalytic efficiency in TALipB from Trichosporon asahii MSR54: MD simulations revealed flexible lid and extended substrate binding area in the mutantYogesh Singh
Department of Microbiology, University of Delhi South Campus, New Delhi 110021, India
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 472:223-30. 2016..DIANNA server predicted three disulphide bridges C53-C195 (S1), C89-C228 (S2) and C164-C254 (S3) in the enzyme...
- Disrupted in Schizophrenia 1 Interactome: evidence for the close connectivity of risk genes and a potential synaptic basis for schizophreniaL M Camargo
Merck Research Labs, Merck and Co, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Mol Psychiatry 12:74-86. 2007....
- Trends in gynecologic cancer among elderly women in Denmark, 1980-2012Anja Ør Knudsen
a Department of Oncology, Odense University Hospital
Acta Oncol 55:65-73. 2016..The aim of this analysis was to describe trends in incidence, mortality, prevalence, and survival in Danish women with gynecologic cancer from 1980-2012 comparing women aged 70 years or more with younger women...
- Chemical, molecular, and eco-toxicological investigation of Ostreopsis sp. from Cyprus Island: structural insights into four new ovatoxins by LC-HRMS/MSLuciana Tartaglione
Department of Pharmacy, University of Naples Federico II, via D Montesano 49, 80131, Naples, Italy
Anal Bioanal Chem 408:915-32. 2016..the presence of a hydroxyl group at C44 (in OVTX-j1 and OVTX-k) and the lack of a hydroxyl group in the region C53-C78 (in OVTX-i and OVTX-j1). The toxin content of the analyzed Ostreopsis sp. strains was in the range 0.06-2...
- Tumor Suppressor Lzap Suppresses Wnt/β-Catenin Signaling to Promote Zebrafish Embryonic Ventral Cell Fates via the Suppression of Inhibitory Phosphorylation of Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3Kun Yang Lin
From the Institute of Cellular and Organismic Biology, Academia Sinica, 128 Academia Road, Section 2, Nankang, Taipei 11529, Taiwan, Department of Bioagricultural Science, National Chiayi University, Chiayi 60004, Taiwan, and
J Biol Chem 290:29808-19. 2015..However, regulations of this signaling pathway are not completely understood. Here, we report that Lzap, a tumor suppressor, controls nuclear translocation of β-catenin...
- Topological mapping of BRIL reveals a type II orientation and effects of osteogenesis imperfecta mutations on its cellular destinationAlexa Patoine
Shriners Hospital for Children, Montreal, Quebec, Canada Department of Human Genetics, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Bone Miner Res 29:2004-16. 2014..BRIL was found to be palmitoylated and two conserved cysteine residues (C52 and C53) were critical for targeting to the plasma membrane...
- Prenatal alcohol exposure alters expression of neurogenesis-related genes in an ex vivo cell culture modelChristina R Tyler
Department of Neurosciences, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, NM 87131, USA
Alcohol 48:483-92. 2014..Under differentiating conditions, 7.3% of genes had decreased mRNA expression; these include Cdk5rap3, Gdnf, Hey2, Heyl, Pard6b, and Ptn, which are associated with survival and differentiation as indicated by ..
- In vitro metabolism of the epoxide substructure of cryptophycins by cytosolic glutathione S-transferase: species differences and stereoselectivityE A Cannady
Department of Drug Disposition, Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Co, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Xenobiotica 36:659-70. 2006..enzyme kinetics of the glutathione (GSH) conjugation of cryptophycin 52 (C52, R-stereoisomer) and cryptophycin 53 (C53, S-stereoisomer) by cytosolic glutathione S-transferases (cGSTs) from human, rat, mouse, dog and monkey liver were ..
- Subunit compositions of Arabidopsis RNA polymerases I and III reveal Pol I- and Pol III-specific forms of the AC40 subunit and alternative forms of the C53 subunitThomas S Ream
Division of Biology and Biomedical Sciences, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63130, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 43:4163-78. 2015..Two genes encode homologs of the yeast C53 subunit and either protein can assemble into Pol III...
- Overexpression and Nucleolar Localization of γ-Tubulin Small Complex Proteins GCP2 and GCP3 in GlioblastomaEduarda Dráberová
From the Departments of Biology of Cytoskeleton ED, VS, TS, VS, PD and Biology of the Nucleus MS, PH, Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic Department of Pediatrics LD, ET, AL, CDK, Drexel University College of Medicine, Section of Pediatric Neurology and Neurooncology Program AL, CDK, St Christopher s Hospital For Children, and Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine NFM, CDK Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Sbarro Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Medicine, Center for Biotechnology, College of Science and Technology, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania VC, AG Department of Clinical Cytology, Sismanoglion General Hospital, Athens, Greece NFM Department of Pathology, KAT General Hospital, Athens, Greece EM Department of Pathology, Faculty Hospital Brno, Brno, Czech Republic LK and Gades Institute, Department of Pathology, University of Bergen, Haukeland Hospital, Federal Republic of Germany
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 74:723-42. 2015..of GCP2 antagonized the inhibitory effect of the CDK5 regulatory subunit-associated tumor suppressor protein 3 (C53) on DNA damage G2/M checkpoint activity...
- Significance of the disulphide bonds of human growth hormoneRiia K Junnila
Edison Biotechnology Institute, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio, United States
Endokrynol Pol 64:300-5. 2013Growth hormone (GH) structure is stabilised by two disulphide bonds, C53-C165 and C182-C189 in human GH. Researchers have investigatedthe role of these structural features since the late 1960s...
- S-nitrosylation influences the structure and DNA binding activity of AtMYB30 transcription factor from Arabidopsis thalianaCarolina Pereira Tavares
Centro de Biologia Molecular Estrutural INBEB, Departamento de Bioquimica, CCB, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, Brazil
Biochim Biophys Acta 1844:810-7. 2014..active minimal DNA-binding domain (DBD) of AtMYB30 (residues 11-116) containing two cysteine residues (C49 and C53) was overexpressed and purified. Site-directed mutagenesis was used to obtain AtMYB30 DBD mutants C49A and C53A...
- Neural stem cell- and neurogenesis-related gene expression profiles in the young and aged dentate gyrusGeetha A Shetty
Institute for Regenerative Medicine, Texas A and M Health Science Center College of Medicine at Scott and White, 5701 Airport Road, Module C, Temple, 76502, TX, USA
Age (Dordr) 35:2165-76. 2013..important for NSC proliferation and neurogenesis (Stat3 and Shh), DNA damage response and NF-kappaB signaling (Cdk5rap3), neuromodulation (Adora1), and decreased expression of a gene important for neuronal differentiation (HeyL)...
- Mortality trends and prediction of HPV-related cancers in BrazilDyego L B de Souza
Department of Public Health, Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte, Natal, RN, Brazil
Eur J Cancer Prev 22:380-7. 2013..All deaths registered as being a result of cervical cancer (ICD-10 code: C53), as well as those caused by vulvar and vaginal (C51 and C52), anal (C21), penile (C60), and oropharyngeal (C02, ..
- Transcriptional regulation of the Ufm1 conjugation system in response to disturbance of the endoplasmic reticulum homeostasis and inhibition of vesicle traffickingYinghua Zhang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Cancer Center, Georgia Health Sciences University, Augusta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e48587. 2012..present the evidence for involvement of RCAD/Ufl1, a putative Ufm1-specific E3 ligase, and its binding partner C53/LZAP protein in ufmylation of endogenous Ufm1 targets...
- Transcription termination by the eukaryotic RNA polymerase IIIAneeshkumar G Arimbasseri
Intramural Research Program on Genomics of Differentiation, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 2426, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1829:318-30. 2013..termination is autonomous involving the core subunits C2 and probably C1, it also involves subunits C11, C37 and C53, which act on the pol III catalytic center and exhibit homology to the pol II elongation factor TFIIS and TFIIFα/β..
- S-nitrosylation of Mycobacterium tuberculosis tyrosine phosphatase A (PtpA) induces its structural instabilityCamila Matiollo
Centro de Biologia Molecular Estrutural INBEB, Departamento de Bioquimica, CCB, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, Brazil
Biochim Biophys Acta 1834:191-6. 2013..post-translational modification decreases the activity of the enzyme upon modification of a single Cys residue, C53. The aim of the present work was the investigation of the effect of S-nitrosylation in PtpA kinetic parameters, ..
- RNA polymerase III mutants in TFIIFα-like C37 that cause terminator readthrough with no decrease in transcription outputKeshab Rijal
Intramural Research Program, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 41:139-55. 2013How eukaryotic RNA polymerases switch from elongation to termination is unknown. Pol III subunits Rpc53 and Rpc37 (C53/37) form a heterodimer homologous to TFIIFβ/α...
- Release of targeted p53 from the mitochondrion as an early signal during mitochondrial dysfunctionM L Green
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Craniofacial Biology, University of Louisville, 501 S Preston St, Louisville, KY 40202, USA Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Louisville School of Medicine, Louisville, KY 40292, USA Electronic address
Cell Signal 25:2383-90. 2013..genetic background were transfected with p53-EGFP fusion protein led by a sense (m53-EGFP) or antisense (c53-EGFP) mitochondrial import signal...
- CDK5RAP3 is a novel repressor of p14ARF in hepatocellular carcinoma cellsGrace Wing Yan Mak
Department of Anatomy, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China
PLoS ONE 7:e42210. 2012b>CDK5 regulatory subunit associated protein 3 (CDK5RAP3) is a novel activator of PAK4 and processes important pro-metastatic function in hepatocarcinogenesis...
- The role of human growth hormone's C-terminal disulfide bridgeR K Junnila
Department of Clinical Endocrinology, Campus Charite Mitte, Charite Universitaetsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
Growth Horm IGF Res 23:62-7. 2013..members of the same polypeptide hormone family, have a four-helix bundle structure linked by two disulfide bridges, C53-C165 and C182-C189 in hGH...
- A unique pause pattern during telomere addition by the error-prone telomerase from the ciliate Paramecium tetraureliaAmanda J Ye
Department of Pharmacology, Medical School, University of Minnesota, 6 120 Jackson Hall, 321 Church Street S E, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Gene 294:205-13. 2002..Instead, the pause by P. tetraurelia telomerase is at templating nucleotide C53, immediately prior to incorporation of dGTP (or TTP) at C52...
- Design, synthesis and biological evaluation of new potent 5-nitrofuryl derivatives as anti-Trypanosoma cruzi agents. Studies of trypanothione binding site of trypanothione reductase as target for rational designGabriela Aguirre
Departamento de Quimica Organica, Facultad de Quimica Facultad de Ciencias, Igua 4225, 11400 Montevideo, Uruguay
Eur J Med Chem 39:421-31. 2004..The physicochemical environment around E19, W22, C53 and Y111 residues within the trypanothione binding site of trypanothione reductase resulted a valuable target for ..
- Cancer burden of breast and gynecological cancers in Bulgaria: epidemiology and clinical aspectsG Chakalova
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, National Oncology Hospital, Sofia, Bulgaria
J BUON 18:1038-44. 2013..The purpose of this study was to estimate the burden of breast and gynecological cancers in Bulgaria, analyzing trends of incidence, mortality and survival for the past two decades...
- A subcomplex of RNA polymerase III subunits involved in transcription termination and reinitiationEmilie Landrieux
CEA Saclay, Laboratoire de Transcription des Gènes, Service de Biochimie et de Génétique Moléculaire, Gif sur Yvette, France
EMBO J 25:118-28. 2006..of the in vitro transcriptional properties of a Pol III variant (Pol IIIdelta), lacking the C11, C37, and C53 subunits, revealed crucial information about the mechanisms of Pol III termination and reinitiation...
- Host cell responses of Salmonella typhimurium infected human dendritic cellsStephen Gitahi Kiama
Institute of Anatomy, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Immunol Cell Biol 84:475-81. 2006..and SipB and the wild-type strains of the American Type Culture Collection (Manassas, VA, USA), ATCC 14028 and ATCC C53, by electron microscopy at 30 min, 3 h and 24 h after exposure...
- The structure of classical swine fever virus N(pro): a novel cysteine Autoprotease and zinc-binding protein involved in subversion of type I interferon inductionKeerthi Gottipati
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Sealy Center for Structural Biology and Molecular Biophysics, The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Galveston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 9:e1003704. 2013..Due to its unique sequence and catalytic site, it forms its own cysteine protease family C53. After self-cleavage, N(pro) is no longer active as a protease...
- Overexpression of a novel regulator of p120 catenin, NLBP, promotes lung adenocarcinoma proliferationChang Hee Kim
Department of Biological Sciences Sungkyunkwan University Suwon, Republic of Korea
Cell Cycle 12:2443-53. 2013NLBP (novel LZAP-binding protein) was recently shown to function as a tumor suppressor capable of inhibiting the NFκB signaling pathway...
- Transcription activity of MMP-2 and MMP-9 metalloproteinase genes and their tissue inhibitor (TIMP-2) in acute coronary syndrome patientsJ Dabek
Department of Epidemiology, Medical University of Silesia, Katowice, Poland
J Postgrad Med 59:115-20. 2013..One of the ACS causative factors is the deranged ratio equilibrium of the matrix metalloproteinase/tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases (MMPs/TIMPs)...
- A new polymorph of 1,3-bis-(penta-fluoro-phen-yl)ureaTsunehisa Okuno
Department of Material Science and Chemistry, Wakayama University, Sakaedani, Wakayama, 640 8510, Japan
Acta Crystallogr Sect E Struct Rep Online 69:o608. 2013..1997 ▶). Acta Cryst. C53, 455-457]. The current P212121 polymorph was obtained from a tetra-hydro-furan solution...
- Creation of a reactive oxygen species-insensitive Kcv channelIndra Schroeder
Department of Biosciences, University of Milan, Via Celoria 26, 20133 Milano, Italy
Biochemistry 52:3130-7. 2013..Possible targets for the ROS effect are two cysteines (C53 and C79) and four methionines (M1, M15, M23, and M26)...
- Caspase-mediated cleavage of C53/LZAP protein causes abnormal microtubule bundling and rupture of the nuclear envelopeJianchun Wu
Cancer Center, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Cell Res 23:691-704. 2013..We found that the NE rupture was caused by caspase-mediated cleavage of C53/LZAP, a protein that has been implicated in various signaling pathways, including NF-κB signaling and DNA damage ..
- Distinguishing core and holoenzyme mechanisms of transcription termination by RNA polymerase IIIAneeshkumar G Arimbasseri
Intramural Research Program, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Mol Cell Biol 33:1571-81. 2013..A core mechanism can operate in the absence of C53/37 and C11 subunits but requires synthesis of 8 or more 3' U nucleotides, apparently reflecting inherent ..
- Conformational flexibility of RNA polymerase III during transcriptional elongationCarlos Fernández-Tornero
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Structural and Computational Biology Unit, Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO J 29:3762-72. 2010..sub-classification reveals prominent EM densities for the two Pol III-specific subcomplexes, C31/C82/C34 and C37/C53, that can be interpreted using homology models...
- Identification of LZAP as a new candidate tumor suppressor in hepatocellular carcinomaJing Jing Zhao
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China and Department of Experimental Research, Sun Yat sen University Cancer Center, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 6:e26608. 2011b>LZAP was isolated as a binding protein of the Cdk5 activator p35. LZAP has been highly conserved during evolution and has been shown to function as a tumor suppressor in various cancers...
- Interaction of LHBs with C53 promotes hepatocyte mitotic entry: A novel mechanism for HBV-induced hepatocellular carcinomaYonghong Lei
Wound Healing and Cell Biology Laboratory, The First Affiliated Hospital, and Camital Medical University, Beijing 100853, PR China
Oncol Rep 27:151-9. 2012..Sequencing of the positive clones identified the full-length cDNA of the C53 gene...
- Low-temperature redetermination of tribenzyl-chloridotin(IV)Seik Weng Ng
Department of Chemistry, University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Acta Crystallogr E Struct Rep Online 65:m238. 2009Compared to the previous studies [Ng (1997 ▶). Acta Cryst. C53, 56-58; Yin et al. (2005 ▶). Huaxue Shiji, 27, 295-296], the redetermined structure of the title compound, [Sn(C(7)H(7))(3)Cl], exhibits a doubled c unit-cell parameter...
- Tumor suppressor Lzap regulates cell cycle progression, doming, and zebrafish epibolyDan Liu
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Dev Dyn 240:1613-25. 2011..b>Lzap is a putative tumor suppressor whose expression is lost in 30% of head and neck squamous cell carcinomas...
- Characterization of human RNA polymerase III identifies orthologues for Saccharomyces cerevisiae RNA polymerase III subunitsPing Hu
Graduate Program of Molecular and Cellular Biology, State University of New York at Stony Brook, Stony Brook, New York 11794, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:8044-55. 2002..RPC5 associated with RPC53, the human orthologue of S. cerevisiae C53, paralleling the association of the S...
- Usefulness of CDK5RAP3, CCNB2, and RAGE genes for the diagnosis of lung adenocarcinomaD Stav
Pulmonary Institute, Assaf Harofeh Medical Center, Zerifin, Israel
Int J Biol Markers 22:108-13. 2007..We analyzed CDK5RAP3 and CCNB2, which are involved in cell cycle progression, and RAGE...
- Insights into transcription initiation and termination from the electron microscopy structure of yeast RNA polymerase IIICarlos Fernández-Tornero
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Grenoble Outstation, B P 181, 38042 Grenoble, France
Mol Cell 25:813-23. 2007..the latter primarily to five RNAPIII-specific subunits, present as two distinct subcomplexes (C82/C34/C31 and C53/C37)...
- Characterization of the RNA polymerase II and III complexes in Leishmania majorSantiago Martinez-Calvillo
Seattle Biomedical Research Institute, 307 Westlake Avenue N, Seattle, WA 98109 5219, USA
Int J Parasitol 37:491-502. 2007..The latter experiments also identified the RNAP III subunits RPC1 (C160), RPC2 (C128), RPC3 (C82), RPC4 (C53), RPC5 (C37), RPC6 (C34), RPC9 (C17), RPAC1 (AC40) and RPAC2 (AC19)...
- Structure-function analysis of the soluble glycoprotein, sGP, of Ebola virusDarryl Falzarano
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Manitoba Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 0W3, Canada
Chembiochem 7:1605-11. 2006..Our data prove that sGP is a parallel homodimer that contains C53-C53' and C306-C306' disulfide bonds, and although there are six predicted N-linked carbohydrate sites, only five ..
- CDK5 is a novel regulatory protein in PPARgamma ligand-induced antiproliferationEugene Kim
Division of Surgical Oncology, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Int J Oncol 28:191-4. 2006..This is the first report of cdk5/p35 expression and kinase activity in colon cancer cells, which is associated with ciglitazone-induced antiproliferation in HT-29 cells...
- Induction of HSF1 expression is associated with sporadic colorectal cancerHui Cen
Cancer Institute, the Second Affiliated Hospital of Medical School, Zhejiang University, Hanzhou 310009, Zhejiang Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:3122-6. 2004..To explore the activation of signal transduction pathways related with the carcinogenesis of sporadic colon cancers...
- Disulfide bond assignment of the Ebola virus secreted glycoprotein SGPLaura G Barrientos
Special Pathogens Branch, Division of Viral and Rickettsial Diseases, Scientific Resources Program, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 323:696-702. 2004..in a parallel manner by two intersubunit disulfide bonds formed between paired N-terminal and C-terminal cysteines (C53-C53' and C306-C306')...
- The Parkinson's disease protein DJ-1 is neuroprotective due to cysteine-sulfinic acid-driven mitochondrial localizationRosa M Canet-Aviles
Laboratory of Neurogenetics, National Institute on Aging, 9000 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, MD 20892 1589, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:9103-8. 2004..We observed a cysteine-sulfinic acid at C106 in crystalline DJ-1 but no modification of C53 or C46. Oxidation of DJ-1 was promoted by the crystallization procedure...
- Cloning and characterization of human IC53-2, a novel CDK5 activator binding proteinYi Hu Xie
State Key Laboratory of Oncogenes and Related Genes, Shanghai Cancer Institute, Shanghai 200032, China
Cell Res 13:83-91. 2003We have identified IC53-2, a human homologue of the rat C53 gene from a human placenta cDNA library (GeneBank Accession No.AF217982). IC53-2 can bind to the CDK5 activator p35 by in vitro association assay...
- Structural biology of RNA polymerase III: mass spectrometry elucidates subcomplex architectureKristina Lorenzen
Department of Biomolecular Mass Spectrometry, Bijvoet Center for Biomolecular Research and Utrecht Institute for Chemistry, Utrecht University, Sorbonnelaan 16, 3584 CA Utrecht, The Netherlands
Structure 15:1237-45. 2007..contains a single copy of each subunit and revealed a 15 subunit form lacking the Pol III-specific subcomplex C53/37...
- A novel gene IC53 stimulates ECV304 cell proliferation and is upregulated in failing heartJingzhou Chen
Sino German Laboratory for Molecular Medicine and Center for Molecular Cardiology, Fuwai Hospital, Peking Union Medical College and Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, 167 Beilishilu, Beijing 100037, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 294:161-6. 2002..A novel gene with 84% homolog to C53, named IC53, was cloned from our 5300 EST database of human aorta cDNA library (GenBank Accession No. AF110322)...
- Treating Helicobacter pylori infection in primary care patients with uninvestigated dyspepsia: the Canadian adult dyspepsia empiric treatment-Helicobacter pylori positive (CADET-Hp) randomised controlled trialNaoki Chiba
Division of Gastroenterology, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8N 3Z5
BMJ 324:1012-6. 2002..To determine whether a "test for Helicobacter pylori and treat" strategy improves symptoms in patients with uninvestigated dyspepsia in primary care...
- Identification of a neuronal Cdk5 activator-binding protein as Cdk5 inhibitorYick Pang Ching
Department of Biochemistry, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China
J Biol Chem 277:15237-40. 2002..The Pho85.Pho80 kinase complex has been shown to be the yeast functional homologue of the mammalian Cdk5/p35(nck5a) kinase...
- Identification of a common protein association region in the neuronal Cdk5 activatorX Wang
Department of Biochemistry, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, Peoples Republic of China
J Biol Chem 275:31763-9. 2000..have been shown to undergo high affinity association with Nck5a, including three novel proteins, C42, C48, and C53 found by a yeast two-hybrid screen (Ching, Y. P., Qi, Z., and Wang, J. H. (2000) Gene 242, 285-294)...
- Mutagenesis of the proposed iron-sulfur cluster binding ligands in Escherichia coli biotin synthaseK S Hewitson
Dyson Perrins Laboratory, University of Oxford, UK
FEBS Lett 466:372-6. 2000..Three mutant enzymes of BioB have been made, each with one cysteine residue (C53, 57, 60) mutated to alanine...
- A protein-protein interaction map of yeast RNA polymerase IIIA Flores
Service de Biochimie et Génétique Moléculaire, Bat 142, Commissariat à l Energie Atomique Saclay, F 91191 Gif sur Yvette Cedex, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:7815-20. 1999..These regions overlapped with highly conserved domains. C53, a pol III-specific subunit, interacted with a 37-kDa polypeptide that copurifies with the enzyme and therefore ..
- Interaction between a complex of RNA polymerase III subunits and the 70-kDa component of transcription factor IIIBM Werner
Departement de Biologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire, Batiment 142, Centre d Etudes de Saclay, Gif sur Yvette, France
J Biol Chem 268:20721-4. 1993..to study protein-protein interactions between four essential and unique subunits of yeast RNA polymerase III (C82, C53, C34 and C31), the 70-kDa component of the initiation transcription factor IIIB (TFIIIB70) and the TATA-binding ..
- RPC53 encodes a subunit of Saccharomyces cerevisiae RNA polymerase C (III) whose inactivation leads to a predominantly G1 arrestC Mann
Service de Biochimie et Génétique Moléculaire, Centre d Etudes de Saclay, Gif sur Yvette, France
Mol Cell Biol 12:4314-26. 1992RPC53 is shown to be an essential gene encoding the C53 subunit specifically associated with yeast RNA polymerase C (III)...
- A zinc-binding site by negative selection induces metallodrug susceptibility in an essential chaperoninShujian Cun
Department of Chemistry and Open Laboratory of Chemical Biology, University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, China
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:4943-8. 2010..Additionally, three more (H45, C51, and C53) are uniquely present in its apical domain...
- Ubiquitin fold modifier 1 (UFM1) and its target UFBP1 protect pancreatic beta cells from ER stress-induced apoptosisKatleen Lemaire
Gene Expression Unit, Department Molecular Cell Biology, KatholiekeUniversiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
PLoS ONE 6:e18517. 2011..that the recently identified C20orf116, which we name UFM1-binding protein 1 containing a PCI domain (UFBP1), and CDK5RAP3 interact with UFM1...
- Nuclear γ-tubulin associates with nucleoli and interacts with tumor suppressor protein C53Barbora Hořejší
Department of Biology of Cytoskeleton, Institute of Molecular Genetics, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Czech Republic
J Cell Physiol 227:367-82. 2012..extracts combined with mass spectrometry revealed an association of γ-tubulin with tumor suppressor protein C53 located at multiple subcellular compartments including nucleoli...
- Point mutations in the Rpb9-homologous domain of Rpc11 that impair transcription termination by RNA polymerase IIIJames R Iben
Intramural Research Program, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Commissioned Corps, US Public Health Service, Bethesda, MD, USA 20892
Nucleic Acids Res 39:6100-13. 2011..Y30, F32 and I34 of C11 in available cryoEM pol III structures predicts a hydrophobic patch that may interface with C53/37. Another termination mutant, Rpc2-T455I, appears to reside internally, near the RNA-DNA hybrid...
- A functional variant of IC53 correlates with the late onset of colorectal cancerJingzhou Chen
Sino German Laboratory for Molecular Medicine, Key Laboratory for Clinical Cardiovascular Genetics, Ministry of Education, Fuwai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Mol Med 17:607-18. 2011The IC53 gene was reported to be upregulated in the colon adenocarcinoma cell line SW480. Here, we show that the expression level of IC53 is positively correlated with the grade and depth of invasion in adenocarcinoma of the colon...
- LZAP inhibits p38 MAPK (p38) phosphorylation and activity by facilitating p38 association with the wild-type p53 induced phosphatase 1 (WIP1)Hanbing An
Department of Otolaryngology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e16427. 2011LZAP (Cdk5rap3, C53) is a putative tumor suppressor that inhibits RelA, Chk1 and Chk2 and activates p53...
- Membrane tubules attach Salmonella Typhimurium to eukaryotic cells and bacteriaSvetlana I Galkina
A N Belozersky Institute of the Moscow State University, Moscow, Russia
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 61:114-24. 2011..The tubular appendage diameter of bacteria of virulent flagellated C53 strain varied between 60 and 70 nm, thus considerably exceeding in size of flagella or pili...
- Specific valylation of turnip yellow mosaic virus RNA by wheat germ valyl-tRNA synthetase determined by three anticodon loop nucleotidesT W Dreher
Department of Agricultural Chemistry, Oregon State University, Corvallis 97331
Biochemistry 31:9183-9. 1992..of the anticodon (A56 in TYMV RNA), the 3' anticodon nucleotide (C55), and the 3'-most anticodon loop nucleotide (C53)...
- Evaluating societal preferences for human papillomavirus vaccine and cervical smear test screening programmeBridgette Oteng
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of British Columbia, 2146 East Mall, Vancouver V5Z163, British Columbia, Canada
Sex Transm Infect 87:52-7. 2011..Public preferences for HPV vaccines and smear test screening were determined using a discrete choice experiment...
- Palmitoylation of the S0-S1 linker regulates cell surface expression of voltage- and calcium-activated potassium (BK) channelsOwen Jeffries
Centre for Integrative Physiology, College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine, Hugh Robson Building, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH8 9XD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 285:33307-14. 2010..of cell surface expression of BK channels, as steady state surface expression levels are reduced by ∼55% in the C53:54:56A mutant...
- Physiologic correlates of sleep quality in severe emphysemaSamuel L Krachman
Dept of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19140, USA
COPD 8:182-8. 2011..Sleep quality is poor in severe emphysema. We hypothesized that in addition to nocturnal oxygen desaturation, the severity of airflow obstruction and degree of thoracic hyperinflation are responsible...
- Indication of radiotherapy for women with cervical cancer in Rio De Janeiro, BrazilClaudio C Carmo
Division of Clinical Oncology, Brazilian National Cancer Institute, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Int J Gynecol Cancer 20:158-63. 2010..All cases of primary invasive tumors of the cervix (CID C53) registered at the institute and diagnosed between 1999 and 2004 were selected...
- The C53/C37 subcomplex of RNA polymerase III lies near the active site and participates in promoter openingGeorge A Kassavetis
Division of Biological Sciences, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093 0634, USA
J Biol Chem 285:2695-706. 2010The C53 and C37 subunits of RNA polymerase III (pol III) form a subassembly that is required for efficient termination; pol III lacking this subcomplex displays increased processivity of RNA chain elongation...
- Endothelium-specific overexpression of human IC53 downregulates endothelial nitric oxide synthase activity and elevates systolic blood pressure in miceMing Lei Zhuo
National Laboratory of Medical Molecular Biology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, 5 Dong Dan San Tiao, Beijing 100005, PR China
Cardiovasc Res 84:292-9. 2009..Endothelial cells (ECs) exert important functions in the regulation of blood pressure. A novel gene, IC53, as an isoform of the cyclin-dependent kinase (CDK)-binding protein gene C53, is mainly expressed in vascular ECs ..
- [Temporal trends of cervical cancer mortality rates among regions in Spain: 1975-2004]Cristina Rodríguez-Rieiro
Servicio de Medicina Preventiva y Gestión de Calidad, Hospital General Universitario Gregorio Maranon, Madrid, Espana
Med Clin (Barc) 133:41-6. 2009..To estimate the temporal trend of the cervical cancer mortality rates among Autonomous Communities (AACC) in Spain...
- Variation in incidence of breast, lung and cervical cancer and malignant melanoma of skin by socioeconomic group in EnglandLorraine Shack
North West Cancer Intelligence Service, Christie Hospital NHS Trust, Kinnaird Road, Withington, Manchester, M20 4QL, UK
BMC Cancer 8:271. 2008..Socioeconomic variations in cancer incidence by region and age are less clearly understood but they are crucial for targeting prevention measures and health care commissioning...
- Changing the determinants of protein stability from covalent to non-covalent interactions by in vitro evolution: a structural and energetic analysisInsa Kather
Laboratorium fur Biochemie, Universitat Bayreuth, 95440 Bayreuth, Germany
J Mol Biol 381:1040-54. 2008..the disulfide-containing wild-type protein, (ii) optimized the local packing with the residues that replace the C46-C53 disulfide and (iii) improved the domain interactions...
- Patho-epidemiology of Cancer Cervix in Karachi SouthYasmin Bhurgri
Karachi Cancer Registry, Aga Khan University
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 8:357-62. 2007..The present study was conducted with the objective of examining descriptive epidemiological and pathological characteristics of cancer cervix in Karachi South, an all urban district population of Karachi, Pakistan...
- Highly functionalized pyranopyrans from furans: a synthesis of the C27-C38 and C44-C53 subunits of norhalichondrin BJames A Henderson
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, Colorado 80309 0215, USA
Org Lett 9:5299-302. 2007..A synthesis of highly functionalized pyranopyrans based on an Achmatowicz oxidation followed by a remarkably diastereoselective Kishi reduction is described in the context of studies directed toward norhalichondrin B...
- Functional study of C53 protein as a novel regulator of checkpoint kinasesHonglin Li; Fiscal Year: 2012Our long-term goal is to elucidate the roles of a novel protein C53 in regulation of cell cycle progression and DNA damage response, and to explore potential utilization of this novel protein as a novel therapeutic target...
- Wendell G Yarbrough; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): We discovered LZAP as a novel binding partner of the alternate reading frame protein ARF (p14ARF in humans, p19ARF in mice)...
- Creation and characterization of GH binding protein gene disrupted miceJohn Kopchick; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Tumor suppressor qualities and mechanisms of LZAP activityWendell G Yarbrough; Fiscal Year: 2010..Recently, we have found a novel protein, LZAP, (leucine zipper containing ARF-binding protein) that binds ARF in the nucleus and regulates ARF biochemical ..