Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CDKAL1
Description: CDK5 regulatory subunit associated protein 1 like 1
Alias: threonylcarbamoyladenosine tRNA methylthiotransferase, tRNA-t(6)A37 methylthiotransferase
Publications108 found, 100 shown here
- Polymorphisms identified through genome-wide association studies and their associations with type 2 diabetes in Chinese, Malays, and Asian-Indians in SingaporeJonathan T Tan
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:390-7. 2010..However, the association in other East Asian populations is less well characterized...
- Extension of type 2 diabetes genome-wide association scan results in the diabetes prevention programAllan F Moore
Center for Human Genetic Research, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Diabetes 57:2503-10. 2008....
- Predicting type 2 diabetes based on polymorphisms from genome-wide association studies: a population-based studyMandy van Hoek
Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Diabetes 57:3122-8. 2008..Genome-wide association (GWA) studies identified multiple new genetic variants that associate with type 2 diabetes. The predictive value of genetic testing for prediction of type 2 diabetes in the general population is unclear...
- Replication of genome-wide association signals in UK samples reveals risk loci for type 2 diabetesEleftheria Zeggini
Oxford Centre for Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Oxford, Churchill Hospital, Oxford, OX3 7LJ, UK
Science 316:1336-41. 2007..We detected diabetes susceptibility loci in and around the genes CDKAL1, CDKN2A/CDKN2B, and IGF2BP2 and confirmed the recently described associations at HHEX/IDE and SLC30A8...
- Common variants of the novel type 2 diabetes genes CDKAL1 and HHEX/IDE are associated with decreased pancreatic beta-cell functionLaura Pascoe
Diabetes Research Group, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Diabetes 56:3101-4. 2007..Genome-wide association studies have identified common, novel type 2 diabetes susceptibility loci within the FTO, CDKAL1, CDKN2A/CDKN2B, IGF2BP2, HHEX/IDE, and SLC30A8 gene regions...
- Analysis of novel risk loci for type 2 diabetes in a general French population: the D.E.S.I.R. studyStephane Cauchi
CNRS 8090 Institute of Biology, Pasteur Institute, Lille, France
J Mol Med (Berl) 86:341-8. 2008..22 polymorphisms within 14 loci showing nominal to strong association with T2D in recently published GWA analyses (CDKAL1, IGFBP2, CDKN2A/2B, EXT2, HHEX, LOC646279, SLC30A8, MMP26, KCTD12, LDLR, CAMTA1, LOC38776, NGN3 and CXCR4)...
- Association analysis of type 2 diabetes Loci in type 1 diabetesHui Qi Qu
Departments of Pediatrics and Human Genetics, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Diabetes 57:1983-6. 2008To search for a possible association of type 1 diabetes with 10 validated type 2 diabetes loci, i.e., PPARG, KCNJ11, WFS1, HNF1B, IDE/HHEX, SLC30A8, CDKAL1, CDKN2A/B, IGF2BP2, and FTO/RPGRIP1L.
- A variant in CDKAL1 influences insulin response and risk of type 2 diabetesValgerdur Steinthorsdottir
deCODE Genetics, Sturlugata 8, 101 Reykjavik, Iceland
Nat Genet 39:770-5. 2007..In addition to confirming two recently identified risk variants, we identified a variant in the CDKAL1 gene that was associated with T2D in individuals of European ancestry (allele-specific odds ratio (OR) = 1...
- Genome-wide association analysis identifies loci for type 2 diabetes and triglyceride levelsRicha Saxena
Broad Institute of Harvard and Massachusetts Institute of Technology MIT, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
Science 316:1331-6. 2007..loci associated with T2D-in a noncoding region near CDKN2A and CDKN2B, in an intron of IGF2BP2, and an intron of CDKAL1-and replicated associations near HHEX and in SLC30A8 found by a recent whole-genome association study...
- A genome-wide association study of type 2 diabetes in Finns detects multiple susceptibility variantsLaura J Scott
Department of Biostatistics and Center for Statistical Genetics, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Science 316:1341-5. 2007..region of chromosome 11p12, contribute to the identification of T2D-associated variants near the genes IGF2BP2 and CDKAL1 and the region of CDKN2A and CDKN2B, and confirm that variants near TCF7L2, SLC30A8, HHEX, FTO, PPARG, and KCNJ11 ..
- Variations in the HHEX gene are associated with increased risk of type 2 diabetes in the Japanese populationM Horikoshi
Department of Metabolic Diseases, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Diabetologia 50:2461-6. 2007..expressed homeobox (HHEX), exostoses (multiple) 2 (EXT2), CDK5 regulatory subunit associated protein 1-like 1 (CDKAL1), cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2B (p15, inhibits CDK4) (CDKN2B) and insulin-like growth factor 2 mRNA binding ..
- Association of CDKAL1, IGF2BP2, CDKN2A/B, HHEX, SLC30A8, and KCNJ11 with susceptibility to type 2 diabetes in a Japanese populationShintaro Omori
Laboratory for Diabetic Nephropathy, SNP Research Center, RIKEN, 1 7 22 Suehiro cho, Tsurumi ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 230 0045, Japan
Diabetes 57:791-5. 2008....
- Quantitative trait analysis of type 2 diabetes susceptibility loci identified from whole genome association studies in the Insulin Resistance Atherosclerosis Family StudyNicholette D Palmer
Department of Biochemistry, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Diabetes 57:1093-100. 2008....
- Polymorphisms in the TCF7L2, CDKAL1 and SLC30A8 genes are associated with impaired proinsulin conversionK Kirchhoff
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetology, Vascular Medicine, Nephrology and Clinical Chemistry, Eberhard Karls Universitat Tubingen, Otfried Muller Str 10, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Diabetologia 51:597-601. 2008..We investigated whether these polymorphisms are also associated with impaired proinsulin to insulin conversion...
- Single-nucleotide polymorphism rs7754840 of CDKAL1 is associated with impaired insulin secretion in nondiabetic offspring of type 2 diabetic subjects and in a large sample of men with normal glucose toleranceAlena Stancakova
Department of Medicine, University of Kuopio and University Hospital, 70210 Kuopio, Finland
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:1924-30. 2008b>CDKAL1 is a recently discovered susceptibility gene for type 2 diabetes.
- Meta-analysis of genome-wide association data and large-scale replication identifies additional susceptibility loci for type 2 diabetesEleftheria Zeggini
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Nat Genet 40:638-45. 2008..1 x 10(-9)), ADAMTS9 (P = 1.2 x 10(-8)) and NOTCH2 (P = 4.1 x 10(-8)) gene regions. Our results illustrate the value of large discovery and follow-up samples for gaining further insights into the inherited basis of T2D...
- Genetic analysis of recently identified type 2 diabetes loci in 1,638 unselected patients with type 2 diabetes and 1,858 control participants from a Norwegian population-based cohort (the HUNT study)J K Hertel
Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
Diabetologia 51:971-7. 2008..To get a better estimation of the true risk conferred by these novel loci, we tested a completely unselected population of type 2 diabetes patients from a Norwegian health survey (the HUNT study)...
- Post genome-wide association studies of novel genes associated with type 2 diabetes show gene-gene interaction and high predictive valueStephane Cauchi
CNRS 8090 Institute of Biology, Pasteur Institute, Lille, France
PLoS ONE 3:e2031. 2008..Our aims were to validate these markers in other European and non-European populations, then to assess their combined effect in a large French study comparing T2D and normal glucose tolerant (NGT) individuals...
- Implication of genetic variants near TCF7L2, SLC30A8, HHEX, CDKAL1, CDKN2A/B, IGF2BP2, and FTO in type 2 diabetes and obesity in 6,719 AsiansMaggie C Y Ng
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Prince of Wales Hospital, Shatin, Hong Kong, China
Diabetes 57:2226-33. 2008..However, the implications of these genes in Asians are unclear...
- Replication of genome-wide association studies of type 2 diabetes susceptibility in JapanYukio Horikawa
Department of Diabetes and Endocrinology, Division of Molecule and Structure, Gifu University School of Medicine, Gifu, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:3136-41. 2008..and populations of European origin, several groups have recently identified novel type 2 diabetes susceptibility genes, including FTO, SLC30A8, HHEX, CDKAL1, CDKN2B, and IGF2BP2, none of which were in the list of functional candidates.
- Assessing the combined impact of 18 common genetic variants of modest effect sizes on type 2 diabetes riskHana Lango
Genetics of Complex Traits, Institute of Biomedical and Clinical Science, Peninsula Medical School, Exeter, UK
Diabetes 57:3129-35. 2008..Here, we assess the ability of 18 confirmed type 2 diabetes variants to differentiate between type 2 diabetic case and control subjects...
- Variants of the PPARG, IGF2BP2, CDKAL1, HHEX, and TCF7L2 genes confer risk of type 2 diabetes independently of BMI in the German KORA studiesC Herder
Institute for Clinical Diabetes Research, German Diabetes Centre, Leibniz Centre at Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf, Dusseldorf, Germany
Horm Metab Res 40:722-6. 2008..SNPs in the CDKAL1 gene showed the strongest association with type 2 diabetes [range of age and sex-adjusted odds ratios (OR): 1.30-1...
- Variants of CDKAL1 and IGF2BP2 affect first-phase insulin secretion during hyperglycaemic clampsM J Groenewoud
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Leiden University Medical Center LUMC, P O Box 9600, 2300 RC, Leiden, The Netherlands
Diabetologia 51:1659-63. 2008..Genome-wide association studies have recently identified novel type 2 diabetes susceptibility gene regions. We assessed the effects of six of these regions on insulin secretion as determined by a hyperglycaemic clamp...
- Common variants in CDKAL1, CDKN2A/B, IGF2BP2, SLC30A8, and HHEX/IDE genes are associated with type 2 diabetes and impaired fasting glucose in a Chinese Han populationYing Wu
Key Laboratory of Nutrition and Metabolism, Institute for Nutritional Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences and Graduate School of the Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Diabetes 57:2834-42. 2008Genome-wide association studies have identified common variants in CDKAL1, CDKN2A/B, IGF2BP2, SLC30A8, HHEX/IDE, EXT2, and LOC387761 loci that significantly increase the risk of type 2 diabetes...
- SNPs in KCNQ1 are associated with susceptibility to type 2 diabetes in East Asian and European populationsHiroyuki Unoki
Laboratory for Endocrinology and Metabolism, Center for Genomic Medicine, RIKEN, Yokohama, Kanagawa 230 0045, Japan
Nat Genet 40:1098-102. 2008..5 x 10(-3); OR = 1.14, rs2237897, P = 2.4 x 10(-4); OR = 1.22) and Danish populations (additive model: rs2237895, P = 3.7 x 10(-11); OR = 1.24, rs2237897, P = 1.2 x 10(-4); OR = 1.36)...
- Positive association between variations in CDKAL1 and type 2 diabetes in Han Chinese individualsY Liu
Diabetologia 51:2134-7. 2008
- Common type 2 diabetes risk gene variants associate with gestational diabetesJeannet Lauenborg
Center for Pregnant Women with Diabetes, Department of Obstetrics, Copenhagen University Hospital, Rigshospitalet, DK 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:145-50. 2009..We aimed to examine the association between gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) and 11 recently identified type 2 diabetes susceptibility loci...
- Type 2 diabetes-associated genetic variants discovered in the recent genome-wide association studies are related to gestational diabetes mellitus in the Korean populationY M Cho
Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, Seoul National University, 28 Yongon dong Chongno gu, Seoul 110 744, Korea
Diabetologia 52:253-61. 2009..The aim of the present study was to examine the association between these diabetogenic variants and gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM)...
- Association analysis of variation in/near FTO, CDKAL1, SLC30A8, HHEX, EXT2, IGF2BP2, LOC387761, and CDKN2B with type 2 diabetes and related quantitative traits in Pima IndiansRong Rong
Phoenix Epidemiology and Clinical Research Branch, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Diabetes 58:478-88. 2009In recent genome-wide association studies, variants in CDKAL1, SLC30A8, HHEX, EXT2, IGF2BP2, CDKN2B, LOC387761, and FTO were associated with risk for type 2 diabetes in Caucasians...
- Genotype score in addition to common risk factors for prediction of type 2 diabetesJames B Meigs
General Medicine Division, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
N Engl J Med 359:2208-19. 2008..We tested the hypothesis that knowledge of these loci allows better prediction of risk than knowledge of common phenotypic risk factors alone...
- Clinical risk factors, DNA variants, and the development of type 2 diabetesValeriya Lyssenko
Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
N Engl J Med 359:2220-32. 2008..Type 2 diabetes mellitus is thought to develop from an interaction between environmental and genetic factors. We examined whether clinical or genetic factors or both could predict progression to diabetes in two prospective cohorts...
- Replication study of candidate genes associated with type 2 diabetes based on genome-wide screeningYasuharu Tabara
Department of Basic Medical Research and Education, Ehime University Graduate School of Medicine, Toon City, Ehime, Japan
Diabetes 58:493-8. 2009..A total of 11 previously reported single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) from the TCF7L2, CDKAL1, HHEX, IGF2BP2, CDKN2A/B, SLC30A8, and KCNJ11 genes were analyzed.
- Adiposity-related heterogeneity in patterns of type 2 diabetes susceptibility observed in genome-wide association dataNicholas J Timpson
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
Diabetes 58:505-10. 2009..This study examined how differences in the BMI distribution of type 2 diabetic case subjects affected genome-wide patterns of type 2 diabetes association and considered the implications for the etiological heterogeneity of type 2 diabetes...
- Association between insulin secretion, insulin sensitivity and type 2 diabetes susceptibility variants identified in genome-wide association studiesStephanie May Ruchat
Department of Preventive Medicine, Laval University, Quebec City, QC, Canada
Acta Diabetol 46:217-26. 2009..We analysed 23 SNPs in 9 T2DM genes (CDKAL1, CDKN2B, HHEX/IDE, IGF2BP2, KCNJ11, SLC30A8, TCF2, TCF7L2 and WFS1) in a maximum of 712 men and women from the ..
- Risk prediction of prevalent diabetes in a Swiss population using a weighted genetic score--the CoLaus StudyX Lin
Discovery Analytics, GlaxoSmithKline, Collegeville, PA, USA
Diabetologia 52:600-8. 2009....
- The risk allele load accelerates the age-dependent decline in beta cell functionA Haupt
Medical Clinic, Department of Internal Medicine IV Diabetology, Endocrinology, Nephrology, Angiology, and Clinical Chemistry, Eberhard Karls University, Otfried Muller Strasse 10, 72076, Tubingen, Germany
Diabetologia 52:457-62. 2009Among the novel type 2 diabetes risk loci identified by genome-wide association studies, TCF7L2, HHEX, SLC30A8 and CDKAL1 appear to affect beta cell function...
- Interaction between prenatal growth and high-risk genotypes in the development of type 2 diabetesN Pulizzi
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Diabetologia 52:825-9. 2009..of this study was to investigate whether there is an interaction between birthweight and common variants in the TCF7L2, HHEX, PPARG, KCNJ11, SLC30A8, IGF2BP2, CDKAL1, CDKN2A/2B and JAZF1 genes in the risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- Type 2 diabetes risk alleles are associated with reduced size at birthRachel M Freathy
Genetics of Complex Traits, Institute of Biomedical and Clinical Science, Peninsula Medical School, Exeter, UK
Diabetes 58:1428-33. 2009..We tested whether common genetic variants that predispose to type 2 diabetes also reduce birth weight...
- Joint effects of common genetic variants on the risk for type 2 diabetes in U.S. men and women of European ancestryMarilyn C Cornelis
Harvard School of Public Health, Channing Laboratory, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Ann Intern Med 150:541-50. 2009..Genome-wide association studies have identified novel type 2 diabetes loci, each of which has a modest impact on risk...
- Association of 18 confirmed susceptibility loci for type 2 diabetes with indices of insulin release, proinsulin conversion, and insulin sensitivity in 5,327 nondiabetic Finnish menAlena Stancakova
Department of Medicine, University of Kuopio and Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland
Diabetes 58:2129-36. 2009..We investigated the effects of 18 confirmed type 2 diabetes risk single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) on insulin sensitivity, insulin secretion, and conversion of proinsulin to insulin...
- Differential contribution of CDKAL1 variants to psoriasis, Crohn's disease and type II diabetesM Quaranta
King s College London, Division of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, London, UK
Genes Immun 10:654-8. 2009..Our group has also documented a significant association between psoriasis and CDKAL1, a gene previously implicated in the pathogenesis of Crohn's disease (CD) and type II diabetes (TIID)...
- Examination of type 2 diabetes loci implicates CDKAL1 as a birth weight geneJianhua Zhao
Division of Human Genetics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Diabetes 58:2414-8. 2009..association has been demonstrated between low birth weight and single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) at the CDKAL1 and HHEX-IDE loci, regions that were previously implicated in the pathogenesis of type 2 diabetes...
- HHEX-IDE polymorphism is associated with low birth weight in offspring with a family history of type 1 diabetesChristiane Winkler
Institut fuer Diabetesforschung der Forschergruppe Diabetes e V at the Helmholtz Center Munich, 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:4113-5. 2009..hypothesis proposes that common genetic variants that reduce insulin secretion also reduce birth weight, and an association of low birth weight and the type 2 diabetes risk alleles at the HHEX-IDE and CDKAL1 loci were recently reported.
- Genetic variant near IRS1 is associated with type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance and hyperinsulinemiaJohan Rung
McGill University and Genome Quebec Innovation Centre, Montreal, Canada
Nat Genet 41:1110-5. 2009....
- Combined risk allele score of eight type 2 diabetes genes is associated with reduced first-phase glucose-stimulated insulin secretion during hyperglycemic clampsLeen M 't Hart
Department of Molecular Cell Biology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Diabetes 59:287-92. 2010..In this study, we have investigated the combined effects of eight known beta-cell loci on insulin secretion stimulated by three different secretagogues during hyperglycemic clamps...
- PPARG, KCNJ11, CDKAL1, CDKN2A-CDKN2B, IDE-KIF11-HHEX, IGF2BP2 and SLC30A8 are associated with type 2 diabetes in a Chinese populationCheng Hu
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Affiliated Sixth People s Hospital, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 4:e7643. 2009..In this study, we attempt to analyze the independent and joint effect of variants from these loci on type 2 diabetes and clinical phenotypes related to glucose metabolism...
- Examination of all type 2 diabetes GWAS loci reveals HHEX-IDE as a locus influencing pediatric BMIJianhua Zhao
Division of Human Genetics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Diabetes 59:751-5. 2010..Our goal was to investigate if any type 2 diabetes variants uncovered through genome-wide association studies (GWAS) impact BMI in childhood...
- Utility of genetic and non-genetic risk factors in prediction of type 2 diabetes: Whitehall II prospective cohort studyPhilippa J Talmud
Centre of Cardiovascular Genetics, Department of Medicine, University College London, London WC1E 6JF
BMJ 340:b4838. 2010....
- Investigation of type 2 diabetes risk alleles support CDKN2A/B, CDKAL1, and TCF7L2 as susceptibility genes in a Han Chinese cohortJie Wen
Department of Endocrinology, Shanghai Medical College Fudan University, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 5:e9153. 2010..In the present study, we evaluated the influence of 17 genetic variants from 15 candidate loci, identified in type 2 diabetes GWASs and the metaanalysis, in a Han Chinese cohort...
- BMI at age 8 years is influenced by the type 2 diabetes susceptibility genes HHEX-IDE and CDKAL1Christiane Winkler
Institut fuer Diabetes forschung der Forschergruppe Diabetes e V at Helmholtz Center Munich, Neuherberg, Germany
Diabetes 59:2063-7. 2010To determine whether HHEX-IDE and CDKAL1 genes, which are associated with birth weight and susceptibility to type 2 diabetes, continue to influence growth during childhood.
- Implication of genetic variants near SLC30A8, HHEX, CDKAL1, CDKN2A/B, IGF2BP2, FTO, TCF2, KCNQ1, and WFS1 in type 2 diabetes in a Chinese populationXueyao Han
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Peking University People s Hospital, Peking University Diabetes Center, no 11, XiZhiMen South Street, Beijing, China
BMC Med Genet 11:81. 2010..gene association studies have identified many novel genetic loci for type 2 diabetes (T2D); among these genes, CDKAL1, IGF2BP2, SLC30A8, CDKN2A/B, HHEX, FTO, TCF2, KCNQ1, and WFS1 are the most important...
- Association study of genetic variants in eight genes/loci with type 2 diabetes in a Han Chinese populationYing Lin
Center for Human Molecular Biology and Genetics, Sichuan Academy of Medical Sciences and Sichuan Provincial People s Hospital, Chengdu, Sichuan, China
BMC Med Genet 11:97. 2010..Nineteen single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) from the eight genes/loci including TCF7L2, HHEX, CDKAL1, SLC30A8, PPARG, IGF2BP2, KCNJ11, and CDKN2A/CDKN2B were genotyped in 1,529 cases and 1,439 controls in a Han ..
- CDKAL1 and type 2 diabetes: a global meta-analysisM A S Dehwah
Hubei Key Lab of Genetic Regulation and Integrative Biology, College of Life Sciences, Huazhong Normal University, Wuhan, Hubei, China
Genet Mol Res 9:1109-20. 2010b>CDKAL1 (cyckin-dependent kinase 5 regulatory subunit-associated protein 1-like 1) has been shown to be associated with type 2 diabetes in various ethnic groups; however, contradictory results have been reported...
- Transferability of type 2 diabetes implicated loci in multi-ethnic cohorts from Southeast AsiaXueling Sim
Centre for Molecular Epidemiology, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
PLoS Genet 7:e1001363. 2011..Of the SNPs associated with T2D in previous GWAS, only variants at CDKAL1 and HHEX/IDE/KIF11 showed the strongest association with T2D in the meta-analysis including all three ethnic ..
- The carriage of risk variants of CDKAL1 impairs beta-cell function in both diabetic and non-diabetic patients and reduces response to non-sulfonylurea and sulfonylurea agonists of the pancreatic KATP channelDimitry A Chistiakov
Department of Molecular Diagnostics, National Research Center GosNIIgenetika, Moscow, Russia
Acta Diabetol 48:227-35. 2011..located in intron 5 of the cyclin-dependent kinase 5 (CDK5) regulatory subunit-associated protein 1-like 1 (CDKAL1) gene were shown to confer susceptibility to type 2 diabetes in multiple ethnic groups...
- Functional loss of Cdkal1, a novel tRNA modification enzyme, causes the development of type 2 diabetesFan Yan Wei
Department of Molecular Physiology, Faculty of Life Sciences, Kumamoto University, Kumamoto, Japan
Endocr J 58:819-25. 2011A number of whole-genome association studies show the cdk5 regulatory associated protein 1-like 1 (cdkal1) gene to be one of the most reproducible risk genes in type 2 diabetes (T2D)...
- Association of six single nucleotide polymorphisms with gestational diabetes mellitus in a Chinese populationYing Wang
Key laboratory of Endocrine, Ministry of Health, Department of Endocrinology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Peking Union Medical College, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
PLoS ONE 6:e26953. 2011..To investigate whether the candidate genes that confer susceptibility to type 2 diabetes mellitus are also correlated with gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) in pregnant Chinese women...
- A genome-wide association study of gestational diabetes mellitus in Korean womenSoo Heon Kwak
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Diabetes 61:531-41. 2012..rs7754840, a variant in CDKAL1, had the strongest association with GDM (odds ratio 1.518; P=6.65×10(-16))...
- Meta-analysis identifies common variants associated with body mass index in east AsiansWanqing Wen
Division of Epidemiology, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Nat Genet 44:307-11. 2012..loci (FTO, SEC16B, MC4R, GIPR-QPCTL, ADCY3-DNAJC27, BDNF and MAP2K5) and three novel loci in or near the CDKAL1, PCSK1 and GP2 genes...
- Common variants at CDKAL1 and KLF9 are associated with body mass index in east Asian populationsYukinori Okada
Laboratory for Statistical Analysis, Center for Genomic Medicine, RIKEN, Yokohama, Japan
Nat Genet 44:302-6. 2012..studies with 62,245 east Asian subjects, which identified two new body mass index-associated loci in the CDKAL1 locus at 6p22 (rs2206734, P = 1.4 × 10(-11)) and the KLF9 locus at 9q21 (rs11142387, P = 1...
- Genetic variants on chromosome 6p21.1 and 6p22.3 are associated with type 2 diabetes risk: a case-control study in Han ChineseFeng Lu
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, MOE Key Laboratory of Modern Toxicology, School of Public Health, Cancer Center, Nanjing Medical University, 140 Hanzhong Road, Nanjing, China
J Hum Genet 57:320-5. 2012..OpenArray and Sequenom MassARRAY to genotype the four SNPs (rs4712523, rs7756992, rs4712524 and rs6931514) in CDKAL1 (cyclin-dependent kinase 5 regulatory subunit-associated protein 1-like 1) at 6p22...
- CDK5 regulatory subunit-associated protein 1-like 1 (CDKAL1) is a tail-anchored protein in the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) of insulinoma cellsSilvia Brambillasca
Molecular Diabetology, Paul Langerhans Institute Dresden, Uniklinikum Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden University of Technology, Fetscherstrasse 74, 01307 Dresden, Germany
J Biol Chem 287:41808-19. 2012..Among them is Cdkal1, which is associated with reduced β-cell function and insulin release...
- Deletion of CDKAL1 affects high-fat diet-induced fat accumulation and glucose-stimulated insulin secretion in mice, indicating relevance to diabetesTadashi Okamura
Division of Animal Model, Department of Infectious Diseases, Research Institute, National Center for Global Health and Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 7:e49055. 2012The CDKAL1 gene is among the best-replicated susceptibility loci for type 2 diabetes, originally identified by genome-wide association studies in humans...
- Beta cell glucose sensitivity is decreased by 39% in non-diabetic individuals carrying multiple diabetes-risk alleles compared with those with no risk allelesL Pascoe
The Medical School, Newcastle University, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4HH, UK
Diabetologia 51:1989-92. 2008..The aim of this study was to test the cumulative effects of diabetes-risk alleles on measures of beta cell function in non-diabetic individuals...
- Association between polymorphisms in SLC30A8, HHEX, CDKN2A/B, IGF2BP2, FTO, WFS1, CDKAL1, KCNQ1 and type 2 diabetes in the Korean populationYong Ho Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Yonsei University College of Medicine, 134 Shinchon dong Seodaemun gu, Seoul 120 752, South Korea
J Hum Genet 53:991-8. 2008..study was to investigate the association among the polymorphisms of SLC30A8, HHEX, CDKN2A/B, IGF2BP2, FTO, WFS1, CDKAL1 and KCNQ1 and the risk of T2DM in the Korean population...
- The inhibitory effect of recent type 2 diabetes risk loci on insulin secretion is modulated by insulin sensitivityAxel Haupt
Medical Clinic, Department of Endocrinology, Metabolism, Nephrology and Angiology, Otfried Muller Strasse 10, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:1775-80. 2009..We assessed whether the risk alleles in TCF7L2, CDKAL1, HHEX, SLC30A8, IGF2BP2, CDKN2A/2B, JAZF1, and WFS1 reduce insulin secretion in an additive manner and whether ..
- Improvements in glucose homeostasis in response to regular exercise are influenced by the PPARG Pro12Ala variant: results from the HERITAGE Family StudyS M Ruchat
Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, PEPS Laval University, 2300 rue de Terrasse, Quebec, QC, Canada G1V 0A6
Diabetologia 53:679-89. 2010....
- Confirmation of multiple risk Loci and genetic impacts by a genome-wide association study of type 2 diabetes in the Japanese populationFumihiko Takeuchi
Department of Medical Ecology and Informatics, Research Institute, International Medical Center of Japan, Tokyo, Japan
Diabetes 58:1690-9. 2009..To identify novel type 2 diabetes gene variants and confirm previously identified ones, a three-staged genome-wide association study was performed in the Japanese population...
- Association of a cyclin-dependent kinase 5 regulatory subunit-associated protein 1-like 1 (CDKAL1) polymorphism with elevated hemoglobin A₁(c) levels and the prevalence of metabolic syndrome in Japanese men: interaction with dietary energy intakeKoichi Miyaki
Department of Neurology, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Epidemiol 172:985-91. 2010..association studies have identified the cyclin-dependent kinase 5 regulatory subunit-associated protein 1-like 1 (CDKAL1) gene as a novel risk factor for type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- Association of variants at 1q32 and STAT3 with ankylosing spondylitis suggests genetic overlap with Crohn's diseasePatrick Danoy
The University of Queensland Diamantina Institute, Brisbane, Australia
PLoS Genet 6:e1001195. 2010..2 × 10(-5), or = 0.83 (95% ci:0.76-0.91)), cdkal1 (rs6908425, p = 1.1 × 10(-4), or = 0.82 (95% ci:0.74-0.91)), lrrk2/muc19 (rs11175593, p = 9.9 × 10(-5), or = 1...
- Dissecting the nutrigenomics, diabetes, and gastrointestinal disease interface: from risk assessment to health interventionLynnette R Ferguson
The University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
OMICS 12:237-44. 2008..accelerating our knowledge of the genetics of complex diseases, and have identified seven other key genes in T2DM: CDKAL1, CDK5 regulatory subunit associated protein-like 1; CDKN2, cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2A; FTO, fat mass and ..
- Role of E2F3 expression in modulating cellular proliferation rate in human bladder and prostate cancer cellsA Y Olsson
Section of Molecular Carcinogenesis, Institute of Cancer Research, Male Urological Cancer Research Centre, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Oncogene 26:1028-37. 2007..In contrast, knockdown of CDKAL1/FLJ20342, another proposed oncogene, from this amplicon had no effect...
- No association of multiple type 2 diabetes loci with type 1 diabetesS M Raj
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, University of Cambridge, UK
Diabetologia 52:2109-16. 2009..11 at a false-positive rate of 0.003...
- Candidate gene association study conditioning on individual ancestry in patients with type 2 diabetes and metabolic syndrome from Mexico CityM Cruz
Unidad de Investigacion Medica en Bioquimica, Hospital de Especialidades, Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, CMN Siglo XXI, Mexico, DF, Mexico
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 26:261-70. 2010..Metabolic syndrome (MS) increases the risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes. We analysed 14 cases of polymorphisms located in 10 candidate loci, in a sample of patients with T2D and controls from Mexico City...
- New gene variants alter type 2 diabetes risk predominantly through reduced beta-cell functionJohn R B Perry
Genetics of Complex Traits, Institute of Biomedical and Clinical Science, Peninsula Medical School, Exeter, UK
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 11:371-7. 2008..In this study, we focus on explaining the genome-wide approach that has led to most of these discoveries and discuss some of the early insights the new gene loci have provided into the aetiology of type 2 diabetes...
- Can the genetics of type 1 and type 2 diabetes shed light on the genetics of latent autoimmune diabetes in adults?Struan F A Grant
Department of Pediatrics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Endocr Rev 31:183-93. 2010..conversely, but similarly, no evidence has been found for the role of the T2D-associated genes IDE/HHEX, SLC30A8, CDKAL1, CDKN2A/B, IGF2BP2, FTO, and TCF7L2 in T1D...
- Association between type 2 diabetes loci and measures of fatnessSlavica Pecioska
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics and Clinical Genetics, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 5:e8541. 2010..Our aim was to evaluate whether the recently identified T2D risk alleles are associated with human measures of fatness as characterized with Dual Energy X-ray Absorptiometry (DEXA)...
- Impact of common variants of PPARG, KCNJ11, TCF7L2, SLC30A8, HHEX, CDKN2A, IGF2BP2, and CDKAL1 on the risk of type 2 diabetes in 5,164 IndiansGanesh Chauhan
Functional Genomics Unit, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology CSIR, Delhi, India
Diabetes 59:2068-74. 2010Common variants in PPARG, KCNJ11, TCF7L2, SLC30A8, HHEX, CDKN2A, IGF2BP2, and CDKAL1 genes have been shown to be associated with type 2 diabetes in European populations by genome-wide association studies...
- Replication of recently described type 2 diabetes gene variants in a South Indian populationManickam Chidambaram
Department of Molecular Genetics, Madras Diabetes Research Foundation ICMR Advanced Centre for Genomics of Diabetes, Chennai 603103, India
Metabolism 59:1760-6. 2010..Three SNPs-rs7756992 (P = .007), rs7754840 (P = .015), and rs6931514 (P = .029)-of the CDKAL1, rs7020996 (P = .003) of the CDKN2A/B gene, rs7923837 (P = .038) of the HHEX gene, and rs12056034 (P = ...
- The longitudinal association of common susceptibility variants for type 2 diabetes and obesity with fasting glucose level and BMIRebecca J Webster
Centre for Genetic Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Western Australia, Crawley, WA, Australia
BMC Med Genet 11:140. 2010..longitudinal associations of common diabetes-susceptibility variants in the KCNJ11, PPARG, TCF7L2, IGF2BP2, CDKAL1, SLC30A8 and HHEX gene loci, with fasting glucose level; and of an obesity-associated variant in the FTO gene, ..
- Genome-wide association defines more than 30 distinct susceptibility loci for Crohn's diseaseJeffrey C Barrett
Bioinformatics and Statistical Genetics, Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Roosevelt Drive, Oxford OX3 7BN, UK
Nat Genet 40:955-62. 2008..genome-wide significant evidence for 21 additional loci, including the regions containing STAT3, JAK2, ICOSLG, CDKAL1 and ITLN1...
- Finding genetic risk factors of gestational diabetesSoo Heon Kwak
Department of Internal Medicine, Seoul National University Hospital, Seoul 110 744, Korea
Genomics Inform 10:239-43. 2012..Recently, a genome-wide association study of GDM was performed and reported that genetic variants in CDKAL1 and MTNR1B were associated with GDM at a genome-wide significance level...
- Association analysis in african americans of European-derived type 2 diabetes single nucleotide polymorphisms from whole-genome association studiesJoshua P Lewis
Center for Human Genomics, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina, USA
Diabetes 57:2220-5. 2008..Our objective was to examine the influence of type 2 diabetes genes identified in whole-genome association studies in a large African American case-control population...
- Genetic risk profiling and prediction of disease course in Crohn's disease patientsLiesbet Henckaerts
Department of Medicine, Gastroenterology Section, Catholic University of Leuven, Leuven, Belgium
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 7:972-980.e2. 2009..We examined the influence of recently discovered CD-associated susceptibility loci on changes in disease behavior and evaluated whether a genetic risk model for disease progression could be generated...
- Differential expression of imprinted genes in normal and IUGR human placentasAndreas I Diplas
Departments of Community and Preventive Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Epigenetics 4:235-40. 2009..five were upregulated (PHLDA2, ILK2, NNAT, CCDC86, PEG10) and four downregulated (PLAGL1, DHCR24, ZNF331, CDKAL1)...
- Diabetes genes and prostate cancer in the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities studyTamra E Meyer
Human Genetics Center and Division of Epidemiology, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:558-65. 2010..study between PrCa and nine T2D single nucleotide polymorphisms from genome-wide association studies of T2D (in CDKAL1, CDKN2A/B, FTO, HHEX, IGF2BP2, KCNJ11, PPARG, SLC30A8, and TCF7L2) and four T2D single nucleotide polymorphisms ..
- A pilot genome-wide association study shows genomic variants enriched in the non-tumor cells of patients with well-differentiated neuroendocrine tumors of the ileumKyle M Walsh
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University, 60 College Street, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 18:171-80. 2011..Owing to the rarity of this disease, we believe these results will provide a valuable resource for future work on this serious condition by allowing others to make efficient use of their samples in targeted studies...
- Deletion of CDKAL1 affects mitochondrial ATP generation and first-phase insulin exocytosisMica Ohara-Imaizumi
Department of Biochemistry, Kyorin University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 5:e15553. 2010A variant of the CDKAL1 gene was reported to be associated with type 2 diabetes and reduced insulin release in humans; however, the role of CDKAL1 in β cells is largely unknown...
- Polycystic ovary syndrome is not associated with polymorphisms of the TCF7L2, CDKAL1, HHEX, KCNJ11, FTO and SLC30A8 genesJin Ju Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 77:439-45. 2012..We examined the potential association between the diabetogenic genes uncovered in the genome-wide association studies and PCOS in Korean women...
- Individualized therapy for type 2 diabetes: clinical implications of pharmacogenetic dataGaia Chiara Mannino
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University Magna Graecia of Catanzaro, Catanzaro, Italy
Mol Diagn Ther 16:285-302. 2012..we also review the available evidence on novel genes (CDK5 regulatory subunit associated protein 1-like 1 [CDKAL1], insulin-like growth factor 2 mRNA binding protein 2 [IGF2BP2], potassium voltage-gated channel, KQT-like ..
- Heterogeneity in meta-analyses of genome-wide association investigationsJohn P A Ioannidis
Clinical and Molecular Epidemiology Unit, Department of Hygiene and Epidemiology, University of Ioannina School of Medicine, Ioannina, Greece
PLoS ONE 2:e841. 2007..Between-study heterogeneity is important to document and may point to interesting leads...
- Psoriasis is associated with pleiotropic susceptibility loci identified in type II diabetes and Crohn diseaseN Wolf
J Med Genet 45:114-6. 2008..More recently, whole-genome association studies have identified two non-MHC disease genes (IL12B and IL23R), both of which also confer susceptibility to Crohn disease (CD)...
- Inactivation of the Rb pathway and overexpression of both isoforms of E2F3 are obligate events in bladder tumours with 6p22 amplificationC D Hurst
Cancer Research UK Clinical Centre, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Oncogene 27:2716-27. 2008E2F3 and CDKAL1 are candidate genes from the 6p22 region frequently amplified in bladder cancer. Expression of E2F3 isoforms (E2F3a and b) and CDKAL1 were examined and modulated in 6p22-amplified bladder cell lines...
- Further genetic evidence for three psoriasis-risk genes: ADAM33, CDKAL1, and PTPN22Yonghong Li
Celera, Alameda, California 94502, USA
J Invest Dermatol 129:629-34. 2009..genes in 1,448 psoriasis patients and 1,385 control subjects; 3 SNPs, rs597980 in ADAM33, rs6908425 in CDKAL1 and rs3789604 in PTPN22, were significant with the same risk allele as in prior reports (one-sided P<0...
- Construction of a prediction model for type 2 diabetes mellitus in the Japanese population based on 11 genes with strong evidence of the associationKazuaki Miyake
Division of Diabetes, Metabolism and Endocrinology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan
J Hum Genet 54:236-41. 2009..We then selected 11 genes, KCNQ1, TCF7L2, CDKAL1, CDKN2A/B, IGF2BP2, SLC30A8, HHEX, GCKR, HNF1B, KCNJ11 and PPARG, whose associations with diabetes have already ..
- Previously associated type 2 diabetes variants may interact with physical activity to modify the risk of impaired glucose regulation and type 2 diabetes: a study of 16,003 Swedish adultsEma C Brito
Genetic Epidemiology and Clinical Research Group, Department of Public Health and Clinical Medicine, Section for Medicine, Umea University Hospital, Umea, Sweden
Diabetes 58:1411-8. 2009....
- Long-range gene regulation links genomic type 2 diabetes and obesity risk regions to HHEX, SOX4, and IRX3Anja Ragvin
Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Bergen, N 5020 Bergen, Norway
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:775-80. 2010..with type 2 diabetes and obesity in linkage disequilibrium (LD) blocks encompassing HHEX-IDE and introns of CDKAL1 and FTO [Sladek R, et al. (2007) Nature 445:881-885; Steinthorsdottir V, et al. (2007) Nat...
- Type 2 diabetes risk alleles near ADCY5, CDKAL1 and HHEX-IDE are associated with reduced birthweightE A Andersson
Hagedorn Research Institute, Niels Steensens Vej 1, Gentofte, Denmark
Diabetologia 53:1908-16. 2010..We examined associations between 25 confirmed type 2 diabetes risk variants and birthweight in individuals from the Danish Inter99 population and in meta-analyses including Inter99 data and reported studies...
- Identification of eukaryotic and prokaryotic methylthiotransferase for biosynthesis of 2-methylthio-N6-threonylcarbamoyladenosine in tRNASimon Arragain
Institut de Recherches en Technologie et Sciences pour le Vivant IRTSV LCBM, UMR 5249 CEA CNRS UJF, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique Grenoble, 17 Avenue des Martyrs, 38054 Grenoble Cedex 09, France
J Biol Chem 285:28425-33. 2010..Recently, a variant within the human CDKAL1 gene belonging to the e-MtaB subfamily was shown to predispose for type 2 diabetes...
- Glycemia determines the effect of type 2 diabetes risk genes on insulin secretionMartin Heni
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetology, Angiology, Nephrology and Clinical Chemistry, Eberhard Karls University Tubingen, Tubingen, Germany
Diabetes 59:3247-52. 2010..Several single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in diabetes risk genes reduce glucose- and/or incretin-induced insulin secretion. Here, we investigated interactions between glycemia and such diabetes risk polymorphisms...
- Genome-wide association scan allowing for epistasis in type 2 diabetesJordana T Bell
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, UK
Ann Hum Genet 75:10-9. 2011..always contained rs11196205 in TCF7L2 paired with 79 variants including confirmed variants in FTO, TSPAN8, and CDKAL1, which are associated in the absence of epistasis...
- ALEXANDER BANKS; Fiscal Year: 2014..Furthermore, we will examine whether a diabetes susceptibility gene, Cdkal1, regulates PPAR-gamma S273 phosphorylation and adipocyte gene expression in mouse and human cells...
- REGULATION OF HEPATIC INSULIN EXTRACTIONKenneth S Polonsky; Fiscal Year: 2013..We propose to study the T2DM-associated genes KCNJ11, TCF7L2, KCNQ1, CDKAL1, IGF2BP2 and SLC30A8 since it appears that diabetes-associated variants in these genes increase T2DM risk by ..
- Sonia Caprio; Fiscal Year: 2014..1: A) To examine the relationships between a panel of 16 gene variants (TCF7L2, PPARG, FTO, KCNJ11, NOTCH2, WFS1, CDKAL1, IGF2BP2, SLC30A8, JAZF1, HHEX, CDC123/CAMK1D, WFS1, TSPAN8/LGR5, THADA, ADAMTS9) and measures of beta-cell ..
- Joel M Gelfand; Fiscal Year: 2016..Furthermore, psoriasis and diabetes share susceptibility genes (such as CDKAL1)...
- HYPERGLYCEMIA AND VASCULAR CELL SIGNALINGWILLIAM LOWE; Fiscal Year: 2001..Identifying the signaling pathways that mediate the effects of hyperglycemia on vascular cell function is critical to devising means to prevent these changes and their complications, such as atherosclerosis. ..
- PDX-1 Expression and Embryonic Stem CellsWILLIAM LOWE; Fiscal Year: 2004..Thus, the proposed studies will address novel ways of promoting the differentiation of ES cells into islets with the ultimate goal of enhancing islet cell transplantation. ..
- Promoting Islet Transplantation with Synthetic ScaffoldsWILLIAM LOWE; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Diabetes Genes: Maternal Glycemia and Birth WeightWILLIAM LOWE; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Replication of GWAS for Maternal Glycemia, Birthweight and their InteractionWILLIAM LOWE; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Phenotype-Genotype Interactions and Type 2 DiabetesJames Meigs; Fiscal Year: 2005..Results will provide a foundation for future laboratory efforts and will increase understanding of phenotype-genotype interactions in diabetes pathogenesis. ..