Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CELA1
Description: chymotrypsin like elastase family member 1
Alias: ELA1, chymotrypsin-like elastase family member 1, elastase 1, pancreatic, elastase-1, pancreatic elastase 1
- The interaction of alpha-1-antitrypsin with chymotrypsin, trypsin and elastaseA B Cohen
Biochim Biophys Acta 391:193-200. 1975..The variable susceptibility of the enzyme to blockage of the inhibition by low concentrations of p-dioxane suggested that hydrophobic bonds may be important in the interaction with alpha-1-antitrypsin...
- The Promoter and Multiple Enhancers of the pou4f3 Gene Regulate Expression in Inner Ear Hair CellsMasatsugu Masuda
Departments of Surgery Otolaryngology, UCSD School of Medicine, La Jolla, CA, 92093, USA
Mol Neurobiol . 2016..When the region from 1 to 0.4 kb was replaced with the minimal promoter of the Ela1 gene, HC expression was maintained but at a drastically reduced level...
- Inverse association of HbA1c with faecal elastase 1 in people without diabetesWolfgang Rathmann
Institute for Biometrics and Epidemiology, German Diabetes Center, Dusseldorf, Germany Electronic address
Pancreatology 15:620-5. 2015Faecal elastase 1 (FE1) was inversely correlated with diabetes duration and HbA1c in type 2 diabetes. The association of FE1 and HbA1c has not been investigated in people without diabetes.
- Transcriptional programs regulated by both LEAFY and APETALA1 at the time of flower formationCara M Winter
Department of Biology, Duke University, Durham, NC, 27708, USA
Physiol Plant 155:55-73. 2015..Finally, we show that the gibberellin catabolism enzyme ELA1, which was recently shown to be important for the timing of the switch to flower formation, is positively feedback-..
- A mechanically sensitive cell layer regulates the physical properties of the Arabidopsis seed coatAudrey Creff
Laboratoire Reproduction et Développement des Plantes RDP, ENS de Lyon CNRS UMR 5667 INRA UMR 879 UCBL, 46 allee d Italie, 69364 Lyon, France
Nat Commun 6:6382. 2015..microtubule dynamics consistent with mechanical stress perception and shows mechanosensitive expression of ELA1, a regulator of seed size and gibberellic acid (GA) metabolism...
- Extract of the mycelium of T. matsutake inhibits elastase activity and TPA-induced MMP-1 expression in human fibroblastsSo Young Kim
Major in Biomedical Science, Department of Medicine, Graduate School, Chung Ang University, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Int J Mol Med 34:1613-21. 2014..Our data suggest that the extract of the mycelium of T. matsutake may prove to be an effective biomaterial for anti-wrinkle treatment, as it can obstruct the degradation of the dermal ECM...
- NGS nominated CELA1, HSPG2, and KCNK5 as candidate genes for predisposition to Balkan endemic nephropathyD Toncheva
Department of Medical Genetics, Medical University of Sofia, Zdrave Street 2, 1431 Sofia, Bulgaria Genomics Laboratory of Malinov Clinic, 1620 Sofia, Bulgaria
Biomed Res Int 2014:920723. 2014..than 40% frequency in both patients' groups, we nominated 3 genes with possible deleterious/damaging variants--CELA1, HSPG2, and KCNK5...
- Nutritional status, fecal elastase-1, and 13C-labeled mixed triglyceride breath test in the long-term after pancreaticoduodenectomyCinara Knychala Muniz
From the Medical Nutrition Discipline, Department of Internal Medicine, Biliary Tract and Pancreas Group, Department of Surgery, and Division of General Internal and Geriatrics Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Ribeirao Preto Medical School, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Pancreas 43:445-50. 2014..This study aimed to compare the body composition, dietary intake and serum levels of vitamins and minerals, and exocrine pancreatic function in patients late after pancreaticoduodenectomy (PD) and healthy subjects...
- The role of lymphotoxin signaling in the development of autoimmune pancreatitis and associated secondary extra-pancreatic pathologiesGitta Maria Seleznik
Swiss HPB Hepato Pancreato Biliary Center, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 25:125-37. 2014..g. acinar cells). Expression of LT α and β on acinar cells in murine pancreata Tg(Ela1-Lta,b) mice led to chronic pancreatitis and sufficed to reproduce key features of human AIP including the ..
- Novel HIV-1 knockdown targets identified by an enriched kinases/phosphatases shRNA library using a long-term iterative screen in Jurkat T-cellsSylvie Rato
URIA Centro de Patogénese Molecular, Faculdade de Farmacia, Universidade de Lisboa, Lisboa, Portugal
PLoS ONE 5:e9276. 2010..This study brings new insights for the complex interplay of HIV-1/host cell and opens new possibilities for antiviral strategies...
- Crystal structure of an elastase-specific inhibitor elafin complexed with porcine pancreatic elastase determined at 1.9 A resolutionM Tsunemi
Peptide Institute Inc, Protein Research Foundation, Osaka, Japan
Biochemistry 35:11570-6. 1996..This intramolecular hydrogen bond network and the network of four disulfide bonds might play a significant role in stabilizing the conformation of the binding site for expressing the potent specific inhibitory activity...
- Changes in bowel microbiota induced by feeding weanlings resistant starch stimulate transcriptomic and physiological responsesWayne Young
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Appl Environ Microbiol 78:6656-64. 2012..with changes in colonic short-chain fatty acid (SCFA) concentrations, colonic-tissue gene expression (Gsta2 and Ela1), and host physiology (serum metabolite profiles and colonic goblet cell numbers)...
- Fecal elastase-1 is useful in the detection of steatorrhea in patients with pancreatic diseases but not after pancreatic resectionLuigi Benini
Gastroenterology Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Verona, Policlinico G B Rossi, Piazzale Scuro 10, 37134 Verona, Italy
Pancreatology 13:38-42. 2013....
- Proteasome-mediated processing of Def1, a critical step in the cellular response to transcription stressMarcus D Wilson
Mechanisms of Transcription Laboratory, Clare Hall Laboratories, Cancer Research UK London Research Institute, South Mimms EN6 3LD, UK
Cell 154:983-95. 2013..a ubiquitin-binding domain to recruit the Elongin-Cullin E3 ligase complex via a ubiquitin-homology domain in the Ela1 protein. This facilitates polyubiquitylation of Rpb1, triggering its proteasome-mediated degradation...
- Chromosomal assignments of human genes for serine proteases trypsin, chymotrypsin B, and elastaseN K Honey
Somat Cell Mol Genet 10:369-76. 1984..hybridization methods for the segregation of the genes for trypsin-1 (TRY1), chymotrypsin B (CTRB), and elastase-1 (ELA1). TRY1 was assigned to human chromosome 7q22----qter, CTRB to chromosome 16, and ELA1 to chromosome 12...
- Differential renal gene expression in prehypertensive and hypertensive spontaneously hypertensive ratsJ M Seubert
Division of Intramural Research, National Center for Toxicogenomics, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 289:F552-61. 2005..Conversely, elastase 1 (Ela1) was found to be the predominant gene downregulated in SHR at both time points...
- Tissue plasminogen activator in murine exocrine pancreas cancer: selective expression in ductal tumors and contribution to cancer progressionSusana Aguilar
Unitat de Biologia Cellular i Molecular, Institut Municipal d Investigacio Medica, Dr Aiguader, 80, 08003 Barcelona, Spain
Am J Pathol 165:1129-39. 2004..Transgenic mice expressing T antigen and c-myc under the control of the elastase promoter (Ela1-TAg and Ela1-myc, respectively) were used...
- Analyses of differential gene expression in genetic hypertensive rats by microarrayTomohiko Okuda
Research Institute, National Cardiovascular Center, Suita, Osaka, Japan
Hypertens Res 25:249-55. 2002..genes (6 up-regulated genes: SAH, Hsp70, MCT1, RBP, IDI1, Prion; and 5 down-regulated genes: Thrombin, Dyn, SOD3, Ela1, Gst Y(b)) and subjected them to an F2 cosegregation analysis...
- Two Arabidopsis cytochrome P450 monooxygenases, CYP714A1 and CYP714A2, function redundantly in plant development through gibberellin deactivationYingying Zhang
National Key Laboratory of Plant Molecular Genetics, Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Plant J 67:342-53. 2011..The Arabidopsis genome contains a tandemly duplicated gene pair ELA1 (CYP714A1) and ELA2 (CYP714A2) that encode EUI homologs...
- Genome-wide identification of allelic expression in hypertensive ratsRenata I Dmitrieva
Institute of Molecular Medicine and Human Genetics Center, University of Texas Health Science Center, 2121 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 2:106-15. 2009..Inbred animal models can facilitate genetic studies of disease traits. The spontaneously hypertensive rat (SHR) is an inbred model of hypertension that exists in several closely related but genetically distinct lines...
- FDG PET imaging of Ela1-myc mice reveals major biological differences between pancreatic acinar and ductal tumoursIbane Abasolo
Institut Municipal d Investigació Mèdica Hospital del Mar, Parc de Recerca Biomedica de Barcelona, Carrer del Dr Aiguader, 88, 08003, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 36:1156-66. 2009The aim was to evaluate FDG PET imaging in Ela1-myc mice, a pancreatic cancer model resulting in the development of tumours with either acinar or mixed acinar-ductal phenotype.
- Neurobehavioral basis of the impaired nurturing in mice lacking the immediate early gene FosBKumi O Kuroda
Kuroda Research Unit for Affiliative Social Behavior, RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Brain Res 1211:57-71. 2008..We found up-regulation of glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP), C4, and Ela1 mRNA in the MPOA of FosB (-/-) mice; all of these gene products were implicated in general neuropathological ..
- Identification of glucocorticoid-regulated genes that control cell proliferation during murine respiratory developmentAnthony D Bird
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Monash University, Clayton, Victoria, 3800, Australia
J Physiol 585:187-201. 2007..5 p.c. GR-null lungs included Chi3l3 (11-fold, P < 0.05), a macrophage inflammatory response gene and Ela1 (9.4-fold, P < 0.05), an extracellular matrix remodeling enzyme...
- ELA1 and CUL3 are required along with ELC1 for RNA polymerase II polyubiquitylation and degradation in DNA-damaged yeast cellsBalazs Ribar
University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, 301 University Blvd, Galveston, TX 77555 1061, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:3211-6. 2007..Here we show that elongin A (Ela1) and cullin 3 (Cul3) are required for Pol II polyubiquitylation and degradation in yeast cells, and on the basis of ..
- Radioimmunoassay of human pancreatic elastase 1. In vitro interaction of human pancreatic elastase 1 with serum protease inhibitorsA Murata
Enzyme 30:29-37. 1983A radioimmunoassay for determination of human pancreatic elastase 1 was developed and the interaction of pancreatic elastase 1 with serum protease inhibitors (alpha 2-macroglobulin and alpha 1-antitrypsin) was investigated...
- Inactivity of recombinant ELA2B provides a new example of evolutionary elastase silencing in humansEdit Szepessy
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston University, Boston, Mass, USA
Pancreatology 6:117-22. 2006The archetypal mammalian elastase (ELA1) is not expressed in the human pancreas, because evolutionary mutations suppressed transcription of the ELA1 gene.
- Interaction between human pancreatic elastase and plasma protease inhibitorsE L Gustavsson
Hoppe Seylers Z Physiol Chem 361:169-76. 1980..The elastase bound by alpha 2-macroglobulin retains its activity against low molecular weight substrates, while that bound by alpha 1-antitrypsin is enzymologically inactive...
- The role of PTF1-P48 in pancreatic acinar gene expressionS D Rose
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9148, USA
J Biol Chem 276:44018-26. 2001The 100-base pair ELA1 transcriptional enhancer drives high level transcription to pancreatic acinar cells of transgenic mice and in transfected pancreatic acinar cells in culture...
- Characterization of a silent gene for human pancreatic elastase I: structure of the 5'-flanking regionT Tani
J Biochem 101:591-9. 1987..The transcriptional activity of the human elastase I gene appears to be suppressed in the human adult pancreas...
- DNA binding and transcriptional activation by a PDX1.PBX1b.MEIS2b trimer and cooperation with a pancreas-specific basic helix-loop-helix complexY Liu
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9148, USA
J Biol Chem 276:17985-93. 2001..The activity of the pancreas-specific ELA1 enhancer requires the cooperation of the trimer-binding element and a nearby element that binds the pancreatic ..
- Physical mapping of the human ELA1 gene between D12S361 and D12S347 on chromosome 12q13R L Davies
Department of Biology, Sweet Briar College, Virginia 24595, USA
Genomics 29:766-8. 1995ELA1, the pancreatic elastase 1 gene, is conserved in mammalian genomes. ELA1 was previously mapped to chromosome 12 using a panel of mouse-human somatic cell hybrids...
- Human elastase 1: evidence for expression in the skin and the identification of a frequent frameshift polymorphismU Talas
Center for Cutaneous Research, St Bartholomew s and the Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Whitechapel, London, UK
J Invest Dermatol 114:165-70. 2000Human pancreatic elastase 1 is a serine protease which maps to the chromosomal region 12q13 close to a locus for an autosomal dominant skin disease, diffuse nonepidermolytic palmoplantar keratoderma, and was investigated as a possible ..
- Genetic control of recombination partner preference in yeast meiosis. Isolation and characterization of mutants elevated for meiotic unequal sister-chromatid recombinationD A Thompson
Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon 97403 1229, USA
Genetics 153:621-41. 1999..in diploid SPO13 meiosis in our strain background, and they identify alleles of UBR1, INP52, BUD3, PET122, ELA1, and MSC1-MSC3...
- Binding of elongin A or a von Hippel-Lindau peptide stabilizes the structure of yeast elongin CM V Botuyan
Division of Molecular and Structural Biology, Ontario Cancer Institute and Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 2M9
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:9033-8. 1999..ultracentrifugal sedimentation experiments to examine complexes of yeast elongin C (Elc1) with yeast elongin A (Ela1) and two peptides from homologous regions of Ela1 and human VHL...
- Analysis of transcriptional regulatory regions in vivoR J MacDonald
Department of Molecular Biology and Oncology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 9140, USA
Int J Dev Biol 42:983-94. 1998..A summary of the in vivo regulatory properties of the pancreas-specific transcriptional enhancer of the rat elastase 1 gene (ELA1) and the role individual elements in this enhancer play in directing high level, cell-specific ..
- An endocrine-exocrine switch in the activity of the pancreatic homeodomain protein PDX1 through formation of a trimeric complex with PBX1b and MRG1 (MEIS2)G H Swift
Department of Molecular Biology and Oncology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75235, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:5109-20. 1998..PDX1 are exhibited through the 10-bp B element of the transcriptional enhancer of the pancreatic elastase I gene (ELA1)...
- Genomic organization of the human homologue of the rat pancreatic elastase I geneI Kawashima
Bioscience Research Laboratories, Sankyo Co, Ltd, Tokyo, Japan
DNA Seq 2:303-12. 1992....
- Evolutionary silencing of the human elastase I gene (ELA1)S D Rose
Department of Molecular Biology and Oncology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 9140, USA
Hum Mol Genet 6:897-903. 1997..Replacing the active 71 bp rat promoter with the human promoter also prevents expression. Therefore, the evolutionary silencing of the human elastase I gene appears due to mutations that inactivate crucial enhancer and promoter elements...
- Polymorphonuclear cells isolated from human peripheral blood cleave lipoprotein(a) and apolipoprotein(a) at multiple interkringle sites via the enzyme elastase. Generation of mini-Lp(a) particles and apo(a) fragmentsC Edelstein
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Biol Chem 272:11079-87. 1997..Elastase-mediated proteolytic events may occur in vivo under conditions associated with either an excessive leakage of elastase from PMN and/or deficiencies of natural inhibitors of this enzyme...
- Functional and metabolic differences between elastase-generated fragments of human lipoprotein[a] and apolipoprotein[a]C Edelstein
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Lipid Res 37:1786-801. 1996..The comparable size of apo[a] fragments observed in the urine of humans and injected mice invites the speculation that enzymes of the elastase family may play a role in the biology of Lp[a] in vivo...
- The in vitro interactions of rat pancreatic elastase and normal and inflammatory ray serumF Gauthier
Biochim Biophys Acta 526:218-26. 1978..The 60% value of alpha 1-M bound radioactivity in normal serum corresponds to the sum of alpha 1-M and alpha 2-AP labelling in inflammatory serum...
- A single element of the elastase I enhancer is sufficient to direct transcription selectively to the pancreas and gutS D Rose
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235 9038
Mol Cell Biol 14:2048-57. 1994..Our results show that while the A element is responsible for directing tissue and cell type specificity, other elements of the enhancer must be involved in the regulation of the level of gene expression...
- Interactions in vitro and in vivo between human and porcine cationic pancreatic elastase and plasma protease inhibitorsH O Håkansson
Department of Surgery, University of Lund, Malmo General Hospital, Sweden
Biol Chem Hoppe Seyler 369:309-15. 1988..Porcine alpha 1-protease-inhibitor-bound elastase disappeared considerably more slowly...
- Elastin: relation of protein and gene structure to diseaseJ Rosenbloom
Lab Invest 51:605-23. 1984..Elastin can be solubilized only by proteases that have consequently been designated elastases, although these are general, powerful proteases that can hydrolyze numerous proteins.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- Immunocytochemical localization of elastase 1 in human pancreasH Zhou
Pathologisches Institut, Universitat Bonn, Germany
Histochem Cell Biol 103:103-9. 1995By light and electron microscopic immunocytochemistry the distribution is described of human pancreatic elastase 1 (E1) during ontogenesis, in adults, in cases of acute and chronic pancreatitis, acute pancreatic ischaemia as well as ..
- Parathormone levels and Vitamin D metabolism in female patients with various grades of fecal elastase 1 deficiencyJ Teichmann
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical Clinc C, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Eur J Med Res 13:563-7. 2008..still too few conclusive reports about conspicuous parathormone (PTH) and Vitamin D metabolism in patients with fecal elastase 1 deficiency or any connection of the calcium metabolism to the severity of exocrine pancreas insufficiency.
- Low fecal elastase 1 levels do not indicate exocrine pancreatic insufficiency in type-1 diabetes mellitusJan Uwe Hahn
Clinic for Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Klinikum Karlsburg, Karlsburg, Germany
Pancreas 36:274-8. 2008On the basis of very low fecal elastase 1 and very high fecal fat estimations, it has been claimed that exocrine pancreatic insufficiency is frequent in diabetic patients, and that in up to 40% of the patients, pancreatic enzyme ..
- Pancreatic exocrine dysfunction in maturity-onset diabetes of the young type 3Mette Vesterhus
Department of Pediatrics, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Diabetes Care 31:306-10. 2008..We wanted to investigate the prevalence of pancreatic exocrine dysfunction in patients with maturity-onset diabetes of the young type 3 (MODY3)...
- Pancreatin therapy in patients with insulin-treated diabetes mellitus and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency according to low fecal elastase 1 concentrations. Results of a prospective multi-centre trialNils Ewald
Third Medical Department and Policlinic, Giessen University Hospital, Giessen, Germany
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 23:386-91. 2007Recently, high prevalence of exocrine dysfunction in diabetic populations has been reported. Patients with fecal elastase 1 concentration (FEC) <100 microg/g have also been demonstrated to suffer from steatorrhea in about 60% of cases, ..
- Proinflammatory effects of pancreatic elastase are mediated through TLR4 and NF-kappaBAntti Hietaranta
Department of General and Gastroenterological Surgery, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Haartmaninkatu 4, 00029 HUS, Helsinki, Finland
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 323:192-6. 2004..Our results suggest that pancreatic elastase-induced proinflammatory effects are mediated by TLR4 and NF-kappaB in human myeloid cells...
- Pancreatic elastase-1 in stools, a marker of exocrine pancreas function, correlates with both residual beta-cell secretion and metabolic control in type 1 diabetic subjectsFranco Cavalot
University of Turin, San Luigi Gonzaga Hospital, Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, Diabetes Unit, 10043 Orbassano TO, Turin, Italy
Diabetes Care 27:2052-4. 2004
- X-ray snapshots of serine protease catalysis reveal a tetrahedral intermediateR C Wilmouth
The Dyson Perrins Laboratory and Oxford Centre for Molecular Sciences, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford OX1 3QY, UK
Nat Struct Biol 8:689-94. 2001..This affects the location of the peptide in the active site cleft, triggering the collapse of a hydrogen bonding network between the peptide and the beta-sheet of the active site...
- Evaluation of fecal pancreatic elastase-1 as a measure of pancreatic exocrine function in children with cystic fibrosisA Cade
Regional Paediatric Cystic Fibrosis Unit, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Pediatr Pulmonol 29:172-6. 2000..The low values in the first 2 weeks in some normal and premature infants, and the persisting normal values in PS infants, make the fecal EL-1 test unsuitable for neonatal CF screening...
- Structure of a specific acyl-enzyme complex formed between beta-casomorphin-7 and porcine pancreatic elastaseR C Wilmouth
Oxford Centre for Molecular Sciences, UK
Nat Struct Biol 4:456-62. 1997..Deprotonation of Wat 317 will produce a hydroxide ion positioned to attack the ester carbonyl through the favoured Bürgi-Dunitz trajectory...
- Presence, activities, and molecular forms of cathepsin G, elastase, alpha 1-antitrypsin, and alpha 1-antichymotrypsin in bronchiectasisR Sepper
Department of Anatomy, University of Helsinki, Finland
J Clin Immunol 15:27-34. 1995..The results indicate that insufficient endogenous downregulation of catalytically active elastase and cathepsin G in BALF leads to tissue injury, resulting in alterative and deformative processes in the bronchiectasis lung...