Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: CELA3B
Description: chymotrypsin like elastase family member 3B
Alias: CBPP, ELA3B, chymotrypsin-like elastase family member 3B, cholesterol-binding pancreatic protease, elastase 3B, pancreatic, elastase IIIB, elastase-3B, fecal elastase 1, pancreatic elastase 1, pancreatic endopeptidase E, protease E, proteinase E
Publications153 found, 100 shown here
- The interaction of alpha-1-antitrypsin with chymotrypsin, trypsin and elastaseA B Cohen
Biochim Biophys Acta 391:193-200. 1975..The variable susceptibility of the enzyme to blockage of the inhibition by low concentrations of p-dioxane suggested that hydrophobic bonds may be important in the interaction with alpha-1-antitrypsin...
- Evaluation of fecal pancreatic elastase-1 as a measure of pancreatic exocrine function in children with cystic fibrosisA Cade
Regional Paediatric Cystic Fibrosis Unit, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
Pediatr Pulmonol 29:172-6. 2000..The low values in the first 2 weeks in some normal and premature infants, and the persisting normal values in PS infants, make the fecal EL-1 test unsuitable for neonatal CF screening...
- Pancreatic elastase-1 in stools, a marker of exocrine pancreas function, correlates with both residual beta-cell secretion and metabolic control in type 1 diabetic subjectsFranco Cavalot
University of Turin, San Luigi Gonzaga Hospital, Department of Clinical and Biological Sciences, Diabetes Unit, 10043 Orbassano TO, Turin, Italy
Diabetes Care 27:2052-4. 2004
- Pancreatin therapy in patients with insulin-treated diabetes mellitus and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency according to low fecal elastase 1 concentrations. Results of a prospective multi-centre trialNils Ewald
Third Medical Department and Policlinic, Giessen University Hospital, Giessen, Germany
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 23:386-91. 2007Recently, high prevalence of exocrine dysfunction in diabetic populations has been reported. Patients with fecal elastase 1 concentration (FEC) <100 microg/g have also been demonstrated to suffer from steatorrhea in about 60% of cases, ..
- Pancreatic exocrine dysfunction in maturity-onset diabetes of the young type 3Mette Vesterhus
Department of Pediatrics, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Diabetes Care 31:306-10. 2008..We wanted to investigate the prevalence of pancreatic exocrine dysfunction in patients with maturity-onset diabetes of the young type 3 (MODY3)...
- Fecal elastase 1 and vitamin D3 in patients with osteoporotic bone fracturesSacha T W Mann
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical Clinic III and Polyclinic of the Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Eur J Med Res 13:68-72. 2008..to clarify if patients with osteoporotic bone fractures have exocrine pancreatic insufficiency, especially reduced fecal elastase 1, connected with lowered serum levels of vitamin D3 that could be relevant for predominant osteoporosis.
- Low fecal elastase 1 levels do not indicate exocrine pancreatic insufficiency in type-1 diabetes mellitusJan Uwe Hahn
Clinic for Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Klinikum Karlsburg, Karlsburg, Germany
Pancreas 36:274-8. 2008On the basis of very low fecal elastase 1 and very high fecal fat estimations, it has been claimed that exocrine pancreatic insufficiency is frequent in diabetic patients, and that in up to 40% of the patients, pancreatic enzyme ..
- Comparing the urinary pancreolauryl ratio and faecal elastase-1 as indicators of pancreatic insufficiency in clinical practiceD A Elphick
Department of Gastroenterology, Barnsley District General Hospital, Barnsley, UK
Pancreatology 5:196-200. 2005..Both tests have previously been validated against 'gold standard' tests of pancreatic function, but their use in a clinical setting has never been directly compared...
- Inhibition of endosome-lysosome system acidification enhances porcine circovirus 2 infection of porcine epithelial cellsGerald Misinzo
Laboratory of Virology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Salisburylaan 133, 9820 Merelbeke, Belgium
J Virol 82:1128-35. 2008..These results suggest that serine protease-mediated PCV2 disassembly is enhanced in porcine epithelial cells but inhibited in monocytic cells after inhibition of endosome-lysosome system acidification...
- Reappraisal of a method of reconstruction after pancreatoduodenectomyN J Lygidakis
Department of Surgical Oncology, Henry Dunant Hospital, Athens, Greece
Hepatogastroenterology 52:1077-82. 2005..The present study is designed to substantiate the claims of various advantages of this method of PD and reconstruction and to explain the rationale behind this method...
- Primary structure of human pancreatic elastase 2 determined by sequence analysis of the cloned mRNAT S Fletcher
Biochemistry Research Laboratory, Veterans Administration Medical Center, Martinez, California 94553
Biochemistry 26:7256-61. 1987..bounded by Gly-216 and Ser-226, making this pocket intermediate in size between chymotrypsins and elastase 1 or protease E, consistent with the substrate specificity of elastase 2 for long-chain aliphatic or aromatic amino acids...
- Validation of fecal elastase-1 determination using immunoenzymatic assay in HIV-infected patientsClaudia Giorgia Bronzatti de Oliveira
Faculdade de Medicina do ABC, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Clin Lab Anal 22:286-90. 2008..424). This test is useful to diagnose pathologies related to pancreatic insufficiency...
- Diagnostic value of pancreatic elastase-1 in human acute pancreatitisUrszula Wereszczynska-Siemiatkowska
Department of Gastroenterology, Medical University, Białystok, Poland
Arch Immunol Ther Exp (Warsz) 51:195-200. 2003..We suggest that pEla-1 has little diagnostic value and does not provide additional information to that of the less expensive and more widely available serum amylase and lipase...
- Markers for trans-Golgi membranes and the intermediate compartment localize to induced membranes with distinct replication functions in flavivirus-infected cellsJ M MacKenzie
Sir Albert Sakzewski Virus Research Centre, Royal Children s Hospital, Herston, Brisbane, Australia 4029
J Virol 73:9555-67. 1999..This is the first report identifying trans-Golgi membranes and the intermediate compartment as the apparent sources of the flavivirus-induced membranes involved in events of replication...
- Physical mapping of the human ELA1 gene between D12S361 and D12S347 on chromosome 12q13R L Davies
Department of Biology, Sweet Briar College, Virginia 24595, USA
Genomics 29:766-8. 1995ELA1, the pancreatic elastase 1 gene, is conserved in mammalian genomes. ELA1 was previously mapped to chromosome 12 using a panel of mouse-human somatic cell hybrids...
- Association between steatorrhea, growth, and immunologic status in children with perinatally acquired HIV infectionT A Sentongo
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Children s Memorial Medical Center, 2300 Children s Plaza No 65, Chicago, IL 60614
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 155:149-53. 2001..To examine the prevalence of steatorrhea and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) and their association with growth and immune status variables in children with perinatally acquired human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection...
- Chymotrypsin C (caldecrin) promotes degradation of human cationic trypsin: identity with Rinderknecht's enzyme YRichard Szmola
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston University, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:11227-32. 2007..in promoting trypsin degradation, because chymotrypsin B1, chymotrypsin B2, elastase 2A, elastase 3A, or elastase 3B are ineffective...
- Fecal elastase-1 is decreased in villous atrophy regardless of the underlying diseaseJ Walkowiak
Karol Marcinkowski University of Medical Sciences, Poznan, Poland
Eur J Clin Invest 31:425-30. 2001..E1 levels in other malabsorption conditions are unknown. Therefore, the aim of the present study was to evaluate E1 concentrations in various malabsorption syndromes...
- Exocrine pancreatic function in patients with end-stage renal diseaseJ Griesche-Philippi
Practice for Nephrology and Dialysis, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany
Clin Nephrol 74:457-64. 2010..Our goal was therefore not only to establish the frequency but also the severity of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency in hemodialysis patients...
- Pancreatic acinar-specific overexpression of Reg2 gene offered no protection against either experimental diabetes or pancreatitis in miceBing Li
Department of Medicine, McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 299:G413-21. 2010..In contrast to INGAP or Reg3beta, exocrine overexpression of Reg2 offered no protection to the endocrine or exocrine pancreas, indicating clear subtype specificities of the Reg family of proteins...
- Exocrine pancreatic function during the early recovery phase of acute pancreatitisRaffaele Pezzilli
Department of Digestive Diseases and Internal Medicine, University of Bologna, Sant Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 8:316-9. 2009..This study aimed to prospectively assess the exocrine pancreatic function in patients with acute pancreatitis at the time of their refeeding...
- Autolysis of proproteinase E in bovine procarboxypeptidase A ternary complex gives rise to subunit IIIR Pascual
Departament de Bioquimica Fac Ciències, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
FEBS Lett 277:37-41. 1990..residues when the former is allowed to autolyze in solution or when catalytic amounts of isolated active proteinase E are added to it...
- In vitro antiviral activity and single-dose pharmacokinetics in humans of a novel, orally bioavailable inhibitor of human rhinovirus 3C proteaseAmy K Patick
Department of Virology, Pfizer Global Research and Development, 10777 Science Center Drive, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:2267-75. 2005..These experiments highlight Compound 1 as a potent, orally bioavailable, irreversible inhibitor of HRV 3C protease and provide data that suggest that Cmax rather than the Cmin might be the key variable predicting clinical efficacy...
- Further studies on the human pancreatic binary complexes involving procarboxypeptidase AM Moulard
Centre de Biochimie et de Biologie Moleculaire du CNRS, Marseille, France
FEBS Lett 261:179-83. 1990..previously reported, two of these complexes associated procarboxypeptidase A to either a glycosylated truncated protease E or zymogen E...
- Crystal structure of bovine procarboxypeptidase A-S6 subunit III, a highly structured truncated zymogen ED Pignol
Laboratoire de Cristallographie et de Cristallogénès des Protéines, Institut de Biologie Structurale, Grenoble, France
EMBO J 13:1763-71. 1994..Based on the structures of subunit III and elastase 1, it is concluded that large concerted movements are necessary for the activation of zymogen E...
- Usefulness of a 13C-labeled mixed triglyceride breath test for assessing pancreatic exocrine function after pancreatic surgeryHiroyuki Nakamura
Department of Surgery, Division of Clinical Medical Science, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
Surgery 145:168-75. 2009..We evaluated the usefulness of a (13)C-labeled mixed triglyceride breath test for assessing pancreatic exocrine function after pancreatic surgery...
- Some patients with irritable bowel syndrome may have exocrine pancreatic insufficiencyJohn S Leeds
Department of Gastroenterology, Royal Hallamshire Hospital, Sheffield, United Kingdom
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 8:433-8. 2010..We evaluated the prevalence of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency in diarrhea-predominant IBS (D-IBS) and assessed the effects of pancreatic enzyme supplementation...
- Pancreatic fibrosis correlates with exocrine pancreatic insufficiency after pancreatoduodenectomyT C K Tran
Department of Surgery, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Dig Surg 25:311-8. 2008..Obstruction of the pancreatic duct can lead to pancreatic fibrosis. We investigated the correlation between the extent of pancreatic fibrosis and the postoperative exocrine and endocrine pancreatic function...
- Pancreatic gene expression is altered during acute experimental pancreatitis in the ratJ L Iovanna
Institute National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 315, Marseille, France
Am J Physiol 261:G485-9. 1991..It was concluded that induction of pancreatitis is accompanied by transcriptional and posttranscriptional modifications resulting in rapid and massive rearrangement of the pattern of pancreatic protein gene expression...
- Ecdysone-dependent proteolysis of an apical surface glycoprotein may play a role in imaginal disc morphogenesis in DrosophilaC A Birr
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley 94720
Development 110:239-48. 1990..We discuss the possibility that gp125 is generated through the action of a hormonally controlled serine protease in a process that is necessary for disc morphogenesis...
- Isolation and expression in Escherichia coli of a cDNA clone encoding porcine pancreatic elastaseY Shirasu
J Biochem 99:1707-12. 1986We have cloned a DNA that is complementary to the messenger RNA that encodes porcine pancreatic elastase 1 from pancreas using rat pancreatic elastase 1 cDNA as a probe...
- Faecal elastase 1: a marker of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency in cystic fibrosisI J Phillips
Department of Chemical Pathology NHS, Southampton General Hospital, UK
Ann Clin Biochem 36:739-42. 1999b>Pancreatic elastase 1 (E1), a digestive protease, is synthesized by the acinar cells of the pancreas. Using an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay, we evaluated stool E1 levels in the following groups of patients...
- Efficacy of oral pancreatic enzyme therapy for the treatment of fat malabsorption in HIV-infected patientsA Carroccio
Internal Medicine, University Hospital of Palermo, via Coffaro 25, 90124 Palermo, Italy
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 15:1619-25. 2001..Nutrient malabsorption is a negative prognostic factor in acquired immunodeficiency syndrome and recent studies have shown that pancreatic insufficiency is a codetermining factor of malabsorption...
- Low fecal elastase-1 in type I diabetes mellitusA Icks
Department of Biometrics and Epidemiology, German Diabetes Research Institute at Heinrich Heine University, Dusseldorf, Germany
Z Gastroenterol 39:823-30. 2001..Fecal elastase-1 has facilitated evaluation of pancreatic dysfunction in population-based studies...
- Low levels of pancreatic elastase 1 in stools of preterm infantsF Campeotto
Service de Neonatologie, Hôf pital Cochin Saint Vincent de Paul, 82 avenue Denfert Rochereau, 75674 Paris Cedex 14, France
Arch Dis Child Fetal Neonatal Ed 86:F198-9. 2002..0007) and day 5 (164 (3-600) v 600 (158-600) microg/g, p<0.05) and correlated positively with total nutrient intake during the first week of life in preterm infants. This should probably be taken into account during early feeding...
- A case of inferior vena cava thrombosis and pulmonary embolism secondary to acute exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis: a rare finding in radionuclide venographyHitoya Ohta
Department of Radiology, Osaka Red Cross Hospital, Japan
Ann Nucl Med 16:147-9. 2002..These findings indicated that a pancreatic cyst had penetrated into the IVC, where it triggered the formation of a thrombus and caused a pulmonary embolism. Scintigraphic examination was useful for the evaluation of this rare condition...
- Fecal elastase-1 as a test for pancreatic function: a reviewRoberto Dominici
Istituto di Scienze Biomediche, Ospedale Luigi Sacco, Milano, Italy
Clin Chem Lab Med 40:325-32. 2002..It shows higher sensitivity and specificity for exocrine pancreatic insufficiency than fecal chymotrypsin determination and is comparable to oral pancreatic function tests such as the pancreolauryl test...
- How useful is fecal pancreatic elastase 1 as a marker of exocrine pancreatic disease?Satti Beharry
Department of Pediatrics, The University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Pediatr 141:84-90. 2002To evaluate the role of fecal elastase 1 (E1) as a marker of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (PI).
- Fecal elastase 1 measurement compared with endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography for the diagnosis of chronic pancreatitisPhilip D Hardt
Third Medical Department, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Giessen, Germany
Pancreas 25:e6-9. 2002..Direct tests, which are claimed to be the "gold standard" of functional diagnosis, are too complicated to be performed on great numbers of patients and are not standardized...
- A prospective, comparative study of the para-aminobenzoic acid test and faecal elastase 1 in the assessment of exocrine pancreatic functionS A Sonwalkar
Department of Medicine and Gastroenterology, York Hospital, UK
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 17:467-71. 2003..Measurement of faecal elastase 1 by enzyme-linked immunoabsorbent assay is a simple, non-invasive, robust test for exocrine pancreatic insufficiency...
- Alterations of bone mineral density and bone metabolism in patients with various grades of chronic pancreatitisS T W Mann
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical Clinic III and Polyclinic, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Giessen, Germany
Metabolism 52:579-85. 2003..bone-specific alkaline phosphatase (BAP), 1,25(OH)(2) vitamin D(3) and 25(OH) vitamin D(3), as well as fecal elastase 1 were also determined...
- Now that fecal elastase is available in the United States, should clinicians start using it?Paul G Lankisch
Clinic of Internal Medicine, Municipal Clinic of Lueneburg, Boegelstrasse 1, D 21339 Lueneburg, Germany
Curr Gastroenterol Rep 6:126-31. 2004..The test cannot be used in non-formed stool (ie, diarrhea) unless the stool is lyophilized. All in all, this new test does not seem to be the gold standard for pancreatic function that we have been waiting for...
- [Experience on the pancreatic function after an episode of acute biliary oedematous pancreatitis]L Napolitano
Dipartimento di Scienze chirurgiche dell Università di Chieti
Ann Ital Chir 74:695-7. 2003..In 2 patients there was also a slight impairment of the glucose metabolism. The authors suppose that the persistance of a biliary disease can affect the pancreatic function...
- Intraductal papillary-mucinous adenoma developed in the ventral pancreas in a patient with pancreas divisumYoji Sakate
First Department of Surgery, Department of Surgical Oncology, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 4 3 Asahi machi, Abeno Ku, 545 8585, Osaka, Japan
J Hepatobiliary Pancreat Surg 11:366-70. 2004..Although in these three patients the tumor developed in the dorsal pancreas, the tumor developed in the ventral pancreas in our patient...
- Faecal pancreatic elastase--1 a non invasive measure of exocrine pancreatic functionS D Amanquah
Department of Chemical Pathology, University of Ghana Medical School, Accra, Ghana
West Afr J Med 23:240-4. 2004..Pancreatic elastase-1, is released into blood circulation during inflammation of the pancreas, but unlike most pancreatic enzymes it is stable during intestinal passage and not degraded...
- Early decline of pancreatic function in cystic fibrosis patients with class 1 or 2 CFTR mutationsJaroslaw Walkowiak
Institute of Pediatrics, Department of Gastroenterology and Metabolism, Karol Marcinkowski University of Medical Sciences, 60 572 Poznan, Poland
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 40:199-201. 2005..We assessed the decline of pancreatic function in CF infants carrying class 1 or 2 CFTR mutations who were diagnosed in a neonatal screening program...
- Enzymatic recontouring of auricular cartilage in a rabbit modelPhillip L Massengill
Otolaryngology Service, Department of Surgery, Madigan Army Medical Center, Tacoma, Wash, USA
Arch Facial Plast Surg 7:104-10. 2005..To evaluate the effectiveness of contouring auricular cartilage in a rabbit model using biologically active enzymes injected subcutaneously...
- [Biochemical diagnostics in acute pancreatitis recognition and outcome predicition]Paweł Olczyk
Katedra i Zakład Chemii Klinicznej i Diagnostyki Laboratoryjnej, Slaska Akademia Medyczna, Sosnowiec
Przegl Lek 61:1420-7. 2004..All these newly introduced biochemical methods allow to look optimistically into the future of laboratory diagnostics of the acute pancreatitis believing that the problem of diagnosing and predicting the AP severity will be solved...
- [Fecal elastase-1: a useful test in pediatric practice]L David-Henriau
Unité de Gastroentérologie Pédiatrique, Departement de Pediatrie, Centre Hospitalier Pellegrin, CHU de Bordeaux, Place Amelie Raba Leon, 33076, Bordeaux Cedex, France
Arch Pediatr 12:1221-5. 2005..To study fecal elastase-1 (E1F) and chymotrypsin (ChT) in stools for the diagnosis of pancreatic insufficiency in pediatric practice...
- Pancreatic cancer pain and its correlation with changes in tumor vasculature, macrophage infiltration, neuronal innervation, body weight and disease progressionTheodore H Lindsay
Neurosystems Center, 18 208 Moos Tower, School of Dentistry, University of Minnesota, 515 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Pain 119:233-46. 2005..Defining the mechanisms that mask this pain in early and mid-stage disease and drive the pain in late-stage disease may aid in earlier diagnosis, survival, and increased quality of life of patients with pancreatic cancer...
- Influence of cholesterol and fat in food on indirect parameters of exocrine pancreatic functionJ Heller
Institute of Nutrition Science, Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany
Pancreatology 6:220-3. 2006b>Fecal elastase 1, chymotrypsin activity, and fat content in stool are clinical parameters of exocrine pancreatic function...
- Correlation of MRCP quantification (MRCPQ) with conventional non-invasive pancreatic exocrine function testsAlice Gillams
Medical Imaging, University College London Medical School and Hospitals, London, United Kingdom
Abdom Imaging 33:469-73. 2008To correlate MRCP quantification (MRCPQ) of pancreatic fluid output following secretin with steatorrhoea, urinary pancreo-lauryl (PL) or fecal elastase 1 (FE1) tests.
- Exocrine pancreatic function in biliary tract pathology treated with the endoscopic methodsJ Wasielica-Berger
Department of Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine, Medical University of Białystok, Poland
Adv Med Sci 52:222-7. 2007..The objective was to assess pancreatic exocrine function in biliary tract pathology (cholelithiasis, strictures) before and after endoscopic treatment...
- Exocrine pancreas disfunction in severely traumatised patients and early enteral nutritionMetin Senkal
Department of General Surgery, Marien Hospital Witten, Germany
Ulus Travma Acil Cerrahi Derg 14:34-9. 2008..We investigated exocrine pancreatic insufficiency in severely traumatised patients with enteral nutrition using the fecal elastase-1 concentration...
- Evaluation of a fecal pancreatic elastase-1 enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay: Assessment versus an established assay and implication in classifying pancreatic functionJ Alan Erickson
ARUP Laboratories, ARUP Institute for Clinical and Experimental Pathology, Salt Lake City, Utah 84108, USA
Clin Chim Acta 397:87-91. 2008..Disagreement continues regarding 2 fecal pancreatic elastase-1 (PE-1) ELISAs and their respective capabilities to assess pancreatic function...
- Does an association exist between chronic pancreatitis and liver cirrhosis in alcoholic subjects?Luis Aparisi
Liver Unit, Hospital Clinico Universitario, Avda Blasco Ibanez 17, Valencia 46010, Spain
World J Gastroenterol 14:6171-9. 2008..To study the possible association between chronic pancreatitis (CP) and liver cirrhosis (LC) of alcoholic etiology, after excluding any other causes...
- Parathormone levels and Vitamin D metabolism in female patients with various grades of fecal elastase 1 deficiencyJ Teichmann
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical Clinc C, Ludwigshafen, Germany
Eur J Med Res 13:563-7. 2008..still too few conclusive reports about conspicuous parathormone (PTH) and Vitamin D metabolism in patients with fecal elastase 1 deficiency or any connection of the calcium metabolism to the severity of exocrine pancreas insufficiency.
- Mature acinar cells are refractory to carcinoma development by targeted activation of Ras oncogene in adult ratsHajime Tanaka
Department of Gastroenterology and Metabolism, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya, Japan
Cancer Sci 101:341-6. 2010..In marked contrast, injection of Ad-CAG-Cre resulted in pancreatic cancer development within 4 weeks. These results indicate that adult acinar cells are refractory to Ras oncogene activation and do not develop neoplasia in this model...
- Management of pancreatic exocrine insufficiency: Australasian Pancreatic Club recommendationsJames Toouli
Department of Surgery, Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Med J Aust 193:461-7. 2010..Medium-chain triglycerides do not provide any clear nutritional advantage over long-chain triglycerides, but can be trialled in patients who fail to gain or to maintain adequate bodyweight in order to increase energy intake...
- Characterization of Escherichia coli nucleoids released by osmotic shockAnna S Wegner
Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, BioCentrum Amsterdam, University of Amsterdam, Kruislaan 316, 1098 SM Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Struct Biol 178:260-9. 2012..Lysozyme at concentrations above 1 μg/ml in the lysate compacted the nucleoids. Treatment with protease E or K (20-200 μg/ml) and sodium dodecyl sulfate (SDS; 0.001-0...
- Faecal elastase-1 is an independent predictor of survival in advanced pancreatic cancerStefano Partelli
Department of Surgery, University of Verona, Policlinico GB Rossi, Verona, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 44:945-51. 2012..The relationship between prognosis of advanced pancreatic cancer and exocrine secretion impairment is unknown...
- Exocrine pancreatic insufficiency following esophagectomyJ R Huddy
Regional Oesophagogastric Unit, Royal Surrey County Hospital, Guildford, Surrey, UK
Dis Esophagus 26:594-7. 2013..In patients with proven EPI or those who are symptomatic with mild EPI, a trial of PERT should be offered and symptoms reassessed...
- Fecal elastase-1 is useful in the detection of steatorrhea in patients with pancreatic diseases but not after pancreatic resectionLuigi Benini
Gastroenterology Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Verona, Policlinico G B Rossi, Piazzale Scuro 10, 37134 Verona, Italy
Pancreatology 13:38-42. 2013....
- Pancreatic remnant fateS Hac
Department of General Endocrine and Transplant Surgery, Medical University of Gdansk, Poland
Folia Morphol (Warsz) 74:56-60. 2015..There was no correlation of pancreatic exo- or endocrine insufficiency with the volume of pancreatic remnant or the kind of surgery or anastomosis performed. ..
- Romanian guidelines on the diagnosis and treatment of exocrine pancreatic insufficiencyCristian Gheorghe
Carol Davila University of Medicine and Pharmacy Fundeni Clinical Institute, Bucharest, Romania
J Gastrointestin Liver Dis 24:117-23. 2015..It is also indicated in patients with celiac disease, who have chronic diarrhea (in spite of gluten-free diet), and in patients with cystic fibrosis with proven EPI. ..
- Inverse association of HbA1c with faecal elastase 1 in people without diabetesWolfgang Rathmann
Institute for Biometrics and Epidemiology, German Diabetes Center, Dusseldorf, Germany Electronic address
Pancreatology 15:620-5. 2015..Faecal elastase 1 (FE1) was inversely correlated with diabetes duration and HbA1c in type 2 diabetes. The association of FE1 and HbA1c has not been investigated in people without diabetes...
- The levels of serine proteases in colon tissue interstitial fluid and serum serve as an indicator of colorectal cancer progressionYingying Xie
CAS Key Laboratory of Genome Sciences and Information, China Gastrointestinal Cancer Research Center, Beijing Institute of Genomics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, 100101, China
Oncotarget 7:32592-606. 2016..0% sensitivity and 80.0% specificity. Thus, the quantitative target analysis demonstrated that some serine proteases are indicative of CRC progression. ..
- Gastrodia elata Blume Extract Modulates Antioxidant Activity and Ultraviolet A-Irradiated Skin Aging in Human Dermal Fibroblast CellsEunju Song
1 Department of Food and Nutrition, College of Natural Sciences, Myongji University, Yongin, Korea
J Med Food 19:1057-1064. 2016..Collectively, these results suggest that GEB has sufficient antioxidant ability to prevent the signs of skin aging in UVA-irradiated human skin cells, suggesting its potential as a natural antiaging product...
- Vitamin D3 in patients with various grades of chronic pancreatitis, according to morphological and functional criteria of the pancreasS T W Mann
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical Clinic III and Polyclinic of the Justus Liebig University Giessen, Germany
Dig Dis Sci 48:533-8. 2003..inflammatory pancreas destruction (Cambridge classification), exocrine insufficiency (fecal elastase 1), and perhaps even the characteristics of sterol-binding of pancreatic elastase 1, which seems to be relevant for vitamin D supply.
- Determinants of chymotrypsin C cleavage specificity in the calcium-binding loop of human cationic trypsinogenAndras Szabo
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, Boston University Henry M Goldman School of Dental Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
FEBS J 279:4283-92. 2012..highly specific, and other human pancreatic chymotrypsins (CTRB1, CTRB2 and CTRL1) and elastases (ELA2A, ELA3A and ELA3B) do not catalyze this reaction...
- Chromosomal assignments of human genes for serine proteases trypsin, chymotrypsin B, and elastaseN K Honey
Somat Cell Mol Genet 10:369-76. 1984..TRY1 was assigned to human chromosome 7q22----qter, CTRB to chromosome 16, and ELA1 to chromosome 12. Although the three genes are members of the same gene family, they are dispersed over different chromosomes...
- Prt-4 and Prt-5: new constituents of a gene cluster on chromosome 7 coding for esterproteases in the submandibular gland of the house mouse (Mus musculus)J Otto
Biochem Genet 19:431-44. 1981..for two different enzymes with esterproteolytic activity from mouse submandibular gland: protease A and protease E. Based upon strain distribution and biochemical properties of the two esterproteases, the existence of two ..
- Fecal elastase-1 determination: 'gold standard' of indirect pancreatic function tests?S Luth
Dept of Medicine II Gastroenterology Hepatology, University Hospital of Heidelberg at Mannheim, Germany
Scand J Gastroenterol 36:1092-9. 2001..The aim of our study was to re-evaluate the sensitivity and specificity of elastase-1 and chymotrypsin in stool in the assessment of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency...
- [Fecal elastase-1 test: clinical evaluation of a new noninvasive pancreatic function test]Masahiro Takeda
Central Clinical Laboratories, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Tokyo 162 8666
Rinsho Byori 50:893-8. 2002..We evaluated clinical significance of fecal elastase-1(FE-1) in patients with pancreatic diseases and pancreatic dysfunction, in comparison with other tubeless test and secretin test...
- Display and release of the Plasmodium falciparum circumsporozoite protein using the autotransporter MisL of Salmonella entericaPatricia Ruiz-Olvera
Unidad de Investigación Médica en Inmunología e Infectología, Hospital de Infectología Dr Daniel Méndez Hernández, Centro Medico La Raza, IMSS, D F, Mexico
Plasmid 50:12-27. 2003..These results demonstrate that MisL may be used for the autodisplay and release of passenger proteins in attenuated Salmonella or E. coli strains, which may have several applications in vaccine design...
- High prevalence of steatorrhea in 101 diabetic patients likely to suffer from exocrine pancreatic insufficiency according to low fecal elastase 1 concentrations: a prospective multicenter studyPhilip D Hardt
Third Medical Department and Policlinic, Giessen University Hospital, Giessen, Germany
Dig Dis Sci 48:1688-92. 2003..fecal fat excretion in patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes mellitus and exocrine dysfunction according to fecal elastase 1 concentrations <100 microg/g was investigated...
- Screening for pancreatic exocrine insufficiency in patients with diabetes mellitusAmadeu C R Nunes
Department of Gastroenterology, University Hospitals of Coimbra, Avenida Urbano Duarte, Quinta da Estrela, Lote 7, 6o B, Coimbra, Portugal
Am J Gastroenterol 98:2672-5. 2003b>Fecal elastase 1 (E1) is a relatively sensitive and specific indirect test of pancreatic exocrine function...
- Evaluation of serum values of pancreatic enzymes after endoscopic retrograde pancreatography in dogsThomas Spillmann
Department of Small Animal Internal Medicine at the Medical and Forensic Veterinary Clinic I, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Frankfurter Strasse 126, 35392 Giessen, Germany
Am J Vet Res 65:616-9. 2004..pancreatography (ERP) in dogs by performing repeated clinical examinations and laboratory analyses of serum amylase, lipase, canine trypsin-like immunoreactivity (cTLI), and canine pancreatic elastase 1 (cE1) after the procedure.
- A new fecal elastase 1 test using polyclonal antibodies for the detection of exocrine pancreatic insufficiencyJan Uwe Hahn
Pancreas 30:189-91. 2005
- Pancreatic elastase-1 in stools, a marker of exocrine pancreas function, correlates with both residual beta-cell secretion and metabolic control in type 1 diabetic subjects: response to Mueller et alFranco Cavalot
Diabetes Care 28:2810-1. 2005
- Evaluating the role of serum elastase 1 in the diagnosis of pancreatic cancerDong Wu
Department of Gastroenterology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Peking Union Medical College, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
Chin J Dig Dis 7:117-20. 2006..To determine the normal value of serum elastase 1 in Chinese adults and evaluate its diagnostic value for pancreatic cancer...
- [The role of fecal elastase-1 in pancreatic diseases]Xiao Ou Yang
Department of Gastroenterology, Peking Union Medical College Hospital, Peking Union Medical College, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100730, China
Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 45:285-8. 2006....
- Comparison of fecal elastase-1 and pancreatic function testing in childrenPrateek D Wali
Department of Pediatrics, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 54:277-80. 2012..We aimed to evaluate the performance of the FE-1 test compared with the direct pancreatic function test (PFT) with secretin stimulation in children...
- Pancreatic exocrine function in patients with diabetesE Larger
Laboratoire de Coprologie, Hôtpital de la Pitié Salpétrière, APHP, Paris, France
Diabet Med 29:1047-54. 2012..Decreased function of the exocrine pancreas is frequent in patients with diabetes. Our aim was to investigate clinical correlates of pancreatic exocrine failure in patients with diabetes...
- Protracted maturation of pancreatic-specific elastase 1 excretion in preterm infants of extremely low gestational ageAnnette Münch
Department of Neonatology, Charite University Medical Center, Berlin, Germany
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 56:532-6. 2013..The aim of the present study was to better understand the exocrine pancreatic function of extremely preterm infants...
- Quantification of pancreatic exocrine function of chronic pancreatitis with secretin-enhanced MRCPYun Bian
Yun Bian, Li Wang, Chao Chen, Jian Ping Lu, Jia Bao Fan, Shi Yue Chen, Bing Hui Zhao, Department of Radiology, Changhai Hospital, The Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, China
World J Gastroenterol 19:7177-82. 2013....
- Significance of increased serum elastase 1 level during the hyperosmolar hyperglycemic non-ketotic syndromeS Umeki
Department of Medicine, Kawasaki Medical School, Okayama, Japan
Hepatogastroenterology 34:212-4. 1987..Rehydration therapy with half-normal saline solution immediately produced negative urine glucose, but the serum elastase 1 level only gradually normalized after improvement of HHNS...
- Effects of elastase-induced emphysema on airway responsiveness to methacholine in ratsS Bellofiore
Meakins Christie Laboratories, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Appl Physiol (1985) 66:606-12. 1989..56 ml (+/- 0.08 ml) significantly reduced RL at 64 mg MCh/ml from 0.62 +/- 0.05 cmH2O.ml-1.s to 0.50 +/- 0.03, P less than 0.05.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Generation of a subunit III-like protein by autolysis of human and porcine proproteinase e in a binary complex with procarboxypeptidase AF X Aviles
Departament de Bioquimica í Biologia Molecular Facultat de Ciències, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 163:1191-6. 1989..treatment of human and porcine proproteinase E, procarboxypeptidase A binary complexes gave rise to active proteinase E after removal of an 11-residue N-terminal activation peptide...
- Substitution of valine for glycine-558 in the congenital dysthrombin thrombin Quick II alters primary substrate specificityR A Henriksen
Department of Biochemistry, University of Vermont, Burlington 05405
Biochemistry 28:2078-82. 1989..These results and those of other investigators studying mutant trypsins support the conclusion that the catalytic activity of serine proteases is very sensitive to structural alterations in the primary substrate binding pocket...
- Identification of a cell-specific DNA-binding activity that interacts with a transcriptional activator of genes expressed in the acinar pancreasM Cockell
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research, Epalinges, Switzerland
Mol Cell Biol 9:2464-76. 1989..The observation that PTF 1 bound to DNA sequences that have been defined as transcriptional enhancers by others suggests that this factor is involved in the coordinate expression of genes transcribed in the acinar pancreas...
- Molecular cloning of complementary DNA for human medullasin: an inflammatory serine protease in bone marrow cellsK Okano
Basic Research Laboratories, Toray Industries, Inc, Kanagawa
J Biochem 102:13-6. 1987..The deduced amino acid sequence of medullasin shows a typical serine protease structure, with 41% homology with pig elastase 1...
- Noncatalytic protein component of elastase from horse leucocytes. A protein with regulatory functionJ Potempa
Institute of Molecular Biology, Jagiellonian University, Cracow, Poland
Int J Biochem 20:105-8. 1988..3. A possible regulatory role of this protein may be inferred from a higher affinity of elastase 1 to NPC rather than to elastin...
- Interaction between human pancreatic elastase and plasma protease inhibitorsE L Gustavsson
Hoppe Seylers Z Physiol Chem 361:169-76. 1980..The elastase bound by alpha 2-macroglobulin retains its activity against low molecular weight substrates, while that bound by alpha 1-antitrypsin is enzymologically inactive...
- Correlation between male fertility and acrosin-like protease activity in rats treated with Spartium junceumJ S Chen
Centro Studio Cellule Germinali del CNR, University of Siena, Italy
Zygote 1:309-13. 1993..The implications of this finding is discussed although the exact molecular basis of the phenomenon is uncertain...
- Pharmacological activities of TEI-8362, a novel inhibitor of human neutrophil elastaseH Mitsuhashi
Teijin Institute for Bio Medical Research, Hino, Tokyo, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 126:1147-52. 1999..t., i.v., or inhalant administration of TEI-8362. 5. These pharmacological actions of TEI-8362 suggest that this drug has therapeutic value in the treatment of destructive lung diseases due to neutrophils...
- Human elastase 1: evidence for expression in the skin and the identification of a frequent frameshift polymorphismU Talas
Center for Cutaneous Research, St Bartholomew s and the Royal London School of Medicine and Dentistry, Whitechapel, London, UK
J Invest Dermatol 114:165-70. 2000Human pancreatic elastase 1 is a serine protease which maps to the chromosomal region 12q13 close to a locus for an autosomal dominant skin disease, diffuse nonepidermolytic palmoplantar keratoderma, and was investigated as a possible ..
- Behaviour of serum pancreatic enzymes in chronic pancreatitisR Pezzilli
Emergency Department, Sant Orsola Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 32:233-7. 2000..To establish whether serum pancreatic enzyme determination is useful in the identification of patients with chronic pancreatitis and in revealing the presence of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency..
- Pancreatic function tests: when to choose, what to useW G Boeck
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Ulm, Robert Koch Str 8, D 89081 Ulm, Germany
Curr Gastroenterol Rep 3:95-100. 2001..Nevertheless, all indirect tests are of limited value in patients with mild to moderate impairment of pancreatic function. In these patients, the secretin-caerulein test remains the gold standard...
- Fecal pancreatic elastase 1 in the work up of patients with chronic diarrheaG Masoero
Department of Gastroenterology, Mauriziano Hospital, Torino, Italy
Int J Pancreatol 28:175-9. 2000..Quantitative determination of pancreatic elastase-1 (E1) in stools has been proposed as a novel, noninvasive test of pancreatic function. The aim of the study was to verify its role in the differential diagnosis of chronic diarrhea...
- Improved glucose tolerance and acinar dysmorphogenesis by targeted expression of transcription factor PDX-1 to the exocrine pancreasR S Heller
Department of Developmental Biology, Hagedorn Research Institute, DK 2820, Gentofte, Denmark
Diabetes 50:1553-61. 2001..The mechanisms underlying these observations remain to be elucidated...
- Miklos Sahin-Toth; Fiscal Year: 2016..In humans, there are five pancreatic elastase genes (ELA1, ELA2A, ELA2B, ELA3A, and ELA3B) which give rise to three functional elastases (ELA2A, ELA3A and ELA3B)...
- PANCEATIC ELASTASE/STRUCTURAL CONTROL OF ACTIVITYCorey Largman; Fiscal Year: 1992..In the most recent funding period, we have cloned both of the major pancreatic elastase-like molecules: protease E and elastase 2. We have recently determined the complete nucleic acid sequence for each cDNA...