Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: COX5A
Description: cytochrome c oxidase subunit 5A
Alias: COX, COX-VA, cytochrome c oxidase subunit 5A, mitochondrial, cytochrome c oxidase polypeptide Va, cytochrome c oxidase polypeptide, mitochondrial, cytochrome c oxidase subunit Va, mitochondrial cytochrome c oxidase subunit Va
Publications1183 found, 100 shown here
- Involvement of cytochrome c oxidase subunits Va and Vb in the regulation of cancer cell metabolism by Bcl-2Z X Chen
Department of Physiology, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Cell Death Differ 17:408-20. 2010..In this study, we show that Bcl-2 expression positively influences the targeting of nuclear-encoded COX Va and Vb to the mitochondria of cancer cells...
- Subunit Va of human and bovine cytochrome c oxidase is highly conservedR Rizzuto
H Houston Merritt Clinical Research Center for Muscular Dystrophy and Related Disorders, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032
Gene 69:245-56. 1988..clone specifying the nuclear-encoded subunit Va of the human mitochondrial respiratory enzyme cytochrome c oxidase (COX; EC 220.127.116.11.)...
- Novel insights into the assembly and function of human nuclear-encoded cytochrome c oxidase subunits 4, 5a, 6a, 7a and 7bDaniela Fornuskova
Department of Pediatrics, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague, Ke Karlovu 2, Prague 2, 12808 Czech Republic
Biochem J 428:363-74. 2010..CcO subunits in the assembly and function of the human complex, we used stable RNA interference of COX4, COX5A and COX6A1, as well as expression of epitope-tagged Cox6a, Cox7a and Cox7b, in HEK (human embryonic kidney)-293 ..
- Diagnostic and management procedures for compensable back injuries without serious associated injuries. Modeling of the 1991 injury cohort from a major Michigan compensation insurerA Oleinick
Department of Environmental and Industrial Health, School of Public, Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:93-110. 1998..Factors affecting use of medical care were identified by logistic regression, supplemented by Cox analysis for time to first procedure...
- 5-year reoperation rates after different types of lumbar spine surgeryA D Malter
Department of Health Services, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:814-20. 1998..Adjusted rates were compared using logistic regression and proportional hazards (Cox) regression after controlling for age, gender, prior spine surgery, diagnosis, comorbidity, type of surgery, and ..
- [Perinatal asphyxia, hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy and neurological sequelae in full-term newborns. II. Description and interrelation]J Gonzalez de Dios
Servicio de Pediatria, Hospital Universitario San Juan, Alicante
Rev Neurol 24:969-76. 1996..There have been several attempts to relate either perinatal asphyxia at birth or abnormal neurological findings after asphyxia in neonatal period (hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy), to outcome...
- Effects of microgravity on osteoblast growthM Hughes-Fulford
Laboratory of Cell Growth and Differentiation, Veteran's Administration Medical Center, San Francisco, CA, USA
Gravit Space Biol Bull 11:51-60. 1998..The message of immediate early growth gene, cox-2 was decreased in the microgravity activated cells when compared to ground or 1-g flight controls...
- The ankle-brachial index as a predictor of survival in patients with peripheral vascular diseaseM M McDermott
Division of General Internal Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois
J Gen Intern Med 9:445-9. 1994..Kaplan-Meier and Cox proportional hazards analyses were used to determine the relationship between increasing lower-extremity ischemia, ..
- Regulation of prostaglandin production by nitric oxide; an in vivo analysisD Salvemini
G D Searle, Department of Molecular Pharmacology, St Louis, MO 63167, USA
Br J Pharmacol 114:1171-8. 1995..Inducible cyclo-oxygenase (COX-2) and nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) expression accounted for the LPS-induced PG and NO release since the ..
- Overexpression of protein kinase C-zeta isoform increases cyclooxygenase-2 and inducible nitric oxide synthaseB W Miller
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Am J Physiol 273:C130-6. 1997Cyclooxygenase (COX) catalyzes the formation of prostaglandins from arachidonic acid. Nitric oxide synthase catalyzes the production of nitric oxide, a short-lived messenger molecule involved in many diverse cellular processes...
- Effect of natural ageing and antioxidant inhibition on liver antioxidant enzymes, glutathione system, peroxidation, and oxygen consumption in Rana pereziM Lopez-Torres
Department of Animal Biology II, Faculty of Biology, Complutense University, Madrid, Spain
J Comp Physiol B 160:655-61. 1991..Cytochrome oxidase (COX), glutathione status, in vivo and in vitro liver peroxidation, and metabolic rate did not vary as a function of age...
- Modulation by stereoselective inhibition of cyclo-oxygenase of electromechanical coupling in the guinea-pig isolated renal pelvisP Santicioli
Pharmacology Department, A Menarini Pharmaceuticals, Florence, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 114:1149-58. 19951. The effects of the (S)- and (R)-enantiomers of the cyclo-oxygenase (COX) inhibitor, ketoprofen, have been investigated on the spontaneous activity of the guinea-pig isolated renal pelvis and on electrical field stimulation-(EFS) ..
- Predicting cutaneous hypersensitivity reactions to cotrimoxazole in HIV-infected individuals receiving primary Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia prophylaxisS Hennessy
Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104-6095, USA
J Gen Intern Med 10:380-6. 1995..b>Cox regression was used to calculate relative rates (RRs) and 95% confidence intervals (CIs) for a number of clinical ..
- [Risk factors predictive of neurological sequelae in term newborn infants with perinatal asphyxia]J Gonzalez de Dios
Departamento de Pediatria, Hospital Universitario San Juan, Espana
Rev Neurol 32:210-6. 2001..The objective of this study is to analyze the perinatal risk factors of neurologic sequelae in asphyctic term newborns...
- Radical surgery and postoperative split-course radiotherapy in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck--factors influencing local control and survivalM J Kajanti
Department of Radiotherapy and Oncology, Helsinki University Central Hospital, Finland
Acta Oncol 32:319-25. 1993..T- and N-category and pretreatment Karnofsky index had the strongest association with local control, whereas in Cox's proportional hazard's regression analyses T-category and pretreatment Karnofsky had the strongest association ..
- Delays in protease inhibitor use in clinical practiceK M Fairfield
Division of General Medicine and Primary Care, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Mass. 02215, USA
J Gen Intern Med 14:395-401. 1999..In Cox proportional hazards modeling, significant univariate correlates for delayed protease inhibitor initiation were ..
- Claim rates of compensable back injuries by age, gender, occupation, and industry. Do they relate to return-to-work experience?J V Gluck
Department of Environmental and Industrial Health, School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 23:1572-87. 1998..A retrospective cohort study of Michigan workers' compensation cases involving back injuries in 1986 and 1987 with incidence and outcome data...
- Health disparity in black women: lack of pharmaceutical advertising in black vs. white-oriented magazinesS C Omonuwa
Morehouse School of Medicine, Department of Family Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30331 2099, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 93:263-6. 2001..magazines and not the black-oriented magazines were, for example, cholinesterase inhibitors, calcium supplements, COX II-inhibitors, intranasal steroids, anorexiants, proton pump inhibitors, and smoking deterrent agents...
- [Relationship between tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase and metastasis and prognosis in breast cancer]X Jiang
Department of Surgery, College of Clinical Oncology, Beijing Medical University, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 38:291-3, 19. 2000..To investigate the clinical significance of tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinase (TIMP) -3 and TIMP-4 in human breast cancer...
- Co-induction of nitric oxide synthase and cyclo-oxygenase: interactions between nitric oxide and prostanoidsT A Swierkosz
William Harvey Research Institute, St Bartholomew s Hospital Medical College, London
Br J Pharmacol 114:1335-42. 19951. Lipopolysaccharide (LPS) co-induces nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) and cyclo-oxygenase (COX-2) in J774.2 macrophages. Here we have used LPS-activated J774...
- Proposal of reference values for home blood pressure measurement: prognostic criteria based on a prospective observation of the general population in Ohasama, JapanI Tsuji
Department of Public Health, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan
Am J Hypertens 10:409-18. 1997..The association between baseline BP values and the overall mortality was examined by Cox proportional hazards regression model, adjusted for age, gender, and the use of antihypertensive medication...
- Phospholipase A2-mediated superoxide production of murine peritoneal macrophages induced by chrysotile stimulationT Nakajima
Division of Environmental Health Research, Osaka Prefectural Institute of Public Health, 69 3, 1 chome, 537 0025, Osaka, Japan
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 32:779-87. 2000..for G-protein; H-7 for protein kinase C (PKC); AA861 for 5-lipoxygenase (5-LO); indomethacin for cyclo-oxygenase (COX); ETYA for both 5-LO and COX; hexanolamine PAF for platelet-activating factor (PAF)...
- Long-term survival and prognostic factors for 2170 breast cancer patients treated at two cancer centers (Milan and Houston)N Cascinelli
Division of Surgical Oncology B, National Cancer Institute, Milan, Italy
Tumori 75:123-31. 1989..The latter group was defined "unknown". Multivariate analysis of survival, carried out by means of Cox's regression model, showed that mortality of these patients for all causes was significantly affected by the ..
- Three case definitions of malaria and their effect on diagnosis, treatment and surveillance in Cox's Bazar district, BangladeshR M Montanari
WHO Dhaka, Bangladesh
Bull World Health Organ 79:648-56. 2001..MCDs) were developed, with treatment and reporting guidelines, and used in all static health facilities of Cox's Bazar district, Bangladesh (population 1.5 million)...
- Timing of referral of terminally ill patients to an outpatient hospiceN A Christakis
Leonard Davis Institute of Health Economics, Department of Sociology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
J Gen Intern Med 9:314-20. 1994..METHODS: A retrospective cohort of 405 hospice outpatients was analyzed with Cox regression to evaluate the effect on length of stay of patient age, gender, race, diagnosis, activity level, mental ..
- [The importance of lung function as a predictor of 2-year mortality in mucoviscidosis]H Grasemann
Pneumologie 49:466-9. 1995..19 of the 73 patients included in this analysis had died. Cox proportional hazard regression analysis was performed using the lung function parameters as single covariates...
- Modulation by nitric oxide of prostaglandin biosynthesis in the ratL Sautebin
Department of Experimental Pharmacology, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 114:323-8. 1995..3': 5'-cyclic monophosphate (cyclic GMP)-independent mechanism and suggest that the interaction between NO synthase and cyclo-oxygenase (COX) pathways may represent an important mechanism for the modulation of the inflammatory response.
- The influence of indemnification by workers' compensation insurance on recovery from acute backache. North Carolina Back Pain ProjectN M Hadler
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 20:2710-5. 1995..02). Recovery of the sense of wellness they enjoyed before this episode of back pain was delayed (Cox Model: Hazard Ratio = 0.822; P < 0.001; confidence interval: 0.733, 0...
- Interspecies differences in renal localization of cyclooxygenase isoforms: implications in nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drug-related nephrotoxicityK N Khan
Department of Product Safety Assessment, G D Searle and Company, Skokie, Illinois 60077, USA
Toxicol Pathol 26:612-20. 1998Cyclooxygenase (COX) exists in 2 related but unique isoforms: one is constitutive (COX-1) and functions in normal cell physiology, and the other is inducible (COX-2) and is expressed in response to inflammatory stimuli...
- Joint 1994 Wolff Award Presentation. Migraine and major depression: a longitudinal studyN Breslau
Department of Psychiatry, Henry Ford Health Sciences Center, Detroit, MI 48202-2689
Headache 34:387-93. 1994..5 year follow-up interval (in the 1992 interview). Using Cox-proportional hazards models with time-dependent covariates, we estimated the relative risk for major depression ..
- The P(174)L mutation in the human hSCO1 gene affects the assembly of cytochrome c oxidaseC Paret
Institute of Genetics, University of Technology Dresden, Mommsenstrasse 13, Dresden, D 01062, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 279:341-7. 2000Mutations of the yeast SCO1 gene result in impaired COX assembly...
- Characterization of the induction of nitric oxide synthase and cyclo-oxygenase in rat aorta in organ cultureD Bishop Bailey
Department of Applied Pharmacology, National Heart and Lung Institute, Imperial College of Science and Technology, London
Br J Pharmacol 121:125-33. 1997..is normally catalysed in the endothelium by constitutive isoforms of NO synthase (eNOS) and cyclo-oxygenase (COX-1), respectively...
- The prognosis of low back pain in general practiceH J van den Hoogen
Institute for Research in Extramural Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 22:1515-21. 1997..indicators, the duration of the index episode, and the occurrence of a relapse were analyzed using multivariate Cox regression and logistic regression analysis, respectively...
- Prognostic factors and results of radiation therapy in optic pathway tumorsC A Regueiro
Department of Radiation Oncology, , Madrid, Spain
Tumori 82:353-9. 1996..were calculated using the Kaplan-Meier method and differences between curves were evaluated by the Mantel-Cox test...
- Non-Hodgkin's lymphomas of the tonsil: a retrospective analysis of twenty-eight patients with primary tonsillary lymphomaI Barista
Department of Medical Oncology, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
Tumori 81:234-7. 1995..To analyze the clinical and therapeutic aspects of patients with primary tonsillary non-Hodgkin's lymphoma...
- Biochemical and pharmacological profile of a tetrasubstituted furanone as a highly selective COX-2 inhibitorD Riendeau
Merck Frosst Centre for Therapeutic Research, Kirkland, Quebec, Canada
Br J Pharmacol 121:105-17. 1997..one) was identified as a novel orally active and highly selective cyclo-oxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitor. 2...
- Nitric oxide (NO)-releasing aspirin exhibits a potent esophagoprotection in experimental model of acute reflux esophagitis. Role of nitric oxide and proinflammatory cytokinesM Pawlik
Department of Physiology, Jagiellonian University Medical College, Cracow, Poland
J Physiol Pharmacol 62:75-86. 2011..Gastric acid and pepsin secretion and enhanced COX-2 expression were implicated in the pathogenesis of reflux esophagitis, but the effect of selective COX-2 ..
- Superficial inguinal and radical ilioinguinal lymph node dissection in patients with palpable melanoma metastases to the groin--an analysis of survival and local recurrenceL Kretschmer
Acta Oncol 40:72-8. 2001..Prognostic factors of survival and groin recurrence were assessed using Kaplan-Meier estimation and Cox proportional hazards model...
- Improving effects obtained by the ovariectomy or treatment with tamoxifen of female diabetic rats over the function and enzyme activities of liver mitochondriaJ A Brignone
, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Horm Metab Res 23:56-61. 1991..of intact mitochondria and the activities of 3-hydroxybutyrate dehydrogenase (HBD) and cytochrome c oxidase (Cox) of disrupted liver mitochondria...
- Cytokine-mediated inflammatory hyperalgesia limited by interleukin-10S Poole
Department of Pharmacology, , , Brazil
Br J Pharmacol 115:684-8. 1995..Our data suggest that the latter effect is not mediated via IL-10 induced IL-Ira and may result from suppression by IL-10 of prostaglandin H synthase-2 (COX-2).
- Cancer survival from the incident cases of the Registry of Vaud, SwitzerlandF Levi
Cancer Registry of the Canton Vaud, Lausanne, Switzerland
Tumori 75:83-9. 1989..A Cox proportional hazard model applied to melanomatous skin cancers showed an independent favorable effect on long-term ..
- [Survival in acute myocardial infarction in a group of 369 patients consecutively admitted between 1988 and 1992. Analysis of risk factors and medical procedure]C M Brandt
, , Strasbourg
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 87:861-8. 1994..The population observed is divided in three age groups (< 65, > 65 < 75 and > 75). A Cox model multivariate analysis for age, sex, diabetes, hypertension, hypercholesterolaemia, tobacco smoking, previous ..
- DNA content and S-phase fraction in male breast carcinomasT Hatschek
Department of Oncology, University Hospital, , Sweden
Acta Oncol 33:609-13. 1994..In a multivariate Cox's model, only node status and tumour size were independent prognostic factors...
- [Community-acquired pneumonia requiring inpatient treatment: outcome and prognostic rule]S Ewig
Pneumologie 50:712-7. 1996..a univariate as well as a multivariate approach in order to identify parameters correlated with death using the Cox regression hazard function in a backward stepwise selection model...
- A comparison of the effects of etodolac and ibuprofen on renal haemodynamics, tubular function, renin, vasopressin and urinary excretion of albumin and alpha-glutathione-S-transferase in healthy subjects: a placebo-controlled cross-over studyK B Svendsen
Eur J Clin Pharmacol 56:383-8. 2000..Cyclo-oxygenase exists in two isoforms (COX-1 and COX-2)...
- Modal DNA values and estramustine-binding protein (EMBP) as prognostic markers in prostatic cancerH Nordgren
Department of Clinical Pathology, Central Hospital, , Sweden
Acta Oncol 30:211-4. 1991..Survival data were obtained for all patients through March 1988. Statistical analyses were performed using a Cox's regression model with respect to survival and cause specific survival and correlated to the DNA pattern and the ..
- Risk factors for central nervous system involvement in non-Hodgkins-lymphoma--a multivariate analysisN Keldsen
Department of Experimental Clinical Oncology, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Acta Oncol 35:703-8. 1996A consecutive cohort of patients with NHL was examined to identify the factors predictive of CNS-involvement with Cox's proportional hazards model in a multivariate analysis...
- [Surgical treatment of atrial fibrillation]J P Fauchier
, , Tours
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 87:69-73. 1994..The first method proposed was isolation of the left atrium (Cox, 1980) which allows acceleration of the ventricular rhythm during exercise, leaving little or no haemodynamic ..
- [Transluminal coronary angioplasty in patients with left ventricular dysfunction; immediate and long term results]D Beurrier
Service de cardiologie A, CHU Nancy-Brabois,
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 88:225-30. 1995..A multivariate analysis using the Cox model showed three independent prognostic factors for long-term mortality: triple coronary vessel disease, the best ..
- Is diastolic hypertension an independent risk factor for stroke in the presence of normal systolic blood pressure in the middle-aged and elderly?W B Nielsen
The Copenhagen City Heart Study, Rigshospitalet, Denmark
Am J Hypertens 10:634-9. 1997..The risk of stroke was assessed using a multivariate Cox proportional hazards model, taking into account various cardiovascular risk factors (age, sex, smoking, diabetes ..
- Proliferation of mitochondria in chronically stimulated rabbit skeletal muscle--transcription of mitochondrial genes and copy number of mitochondrial DNAJ Schultz
Department of Physiology II, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuen heimer Feld 326, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
J Bioenerg Biomembr 32:627-34. 2000..After this time, subunits of COX had increased about fourfold...
- Identifying predictive factors in melanoma progressionD M Dabrowska
Department of Biostatistics, University of California, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA, 90095-1772, USA
Oncol Rep 5:569-75. 1998..A multistate Markov chain process combined with Cox proportional hazard regression is used to model the melanoma progression...
- Plasma renin activity: a risk factor for myocardial infarction in hypertensive patientsM H Alderman
Department of Epidemiology and Social Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Am J Hypertens 10:1-8. 1997..0, N: 6.2, L: 2.5; RR = 2.8, 95% CI: 1.2 to 6.8) but not CVA (H: 1.6, N: 2.0, L: 1.9). In a Cox survival analysis only renin, age, sex, smoking, LVH, and cholesterol were significantly (P < ...
- [Prognosis of non-revascularized triple coronary vessel disease. Apropos of 87 cases]S Dubettier
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 87:1177-83. 1994..054). In multivariate analysis (Cox model), only 4 variables were correlated with increased cardiovascular mortality: resting angina (relative risk, RR ..
- High prevalence of mefloquine-resistant falciparum malaria in eastern ThailandA L Fontanet
Epidemiology Department, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115
Bull World Health Organ 71:377-83. 1993..These findings remained statistically significant in a Cox proportional hazards model, after controlling for other baseline characteristics and adverse effects...
- Do the conventional clinicopathologic parameters predict for response and survival in head and neck cancer patients undergoing neoadjuvant chemotherapy?E Fonseca
Department of Oncology, University Hospital of Salamanca, Spain
Tumori 82:560-6. 1996..The prognostic value of patient and tumor parameters has been extensively evaluated in several trials, yielding mixed results. We report the prognostic factors emerging from a group of patients undergoing neoadjuvant chemotherapy...
- High doses of 5-fluorouracil and epirubicin with or without cisplatin in advanced gastric cancer: a randomized studyA Roth
University Hospital for Tumors, Zagreb, Croatia
Tumori 85:234-8. 1999..1 months and in the FEP group 9.6 months. The survival difference was statistically significant (Cox's test, P<0.05)...
- Cytokine-mediated induction of cyclo-oxygenase-2 by activation of tyrosine kinase in bovine endothelial cells stimulated by bacterial lipopolysaccharideP Akarasereenont
William Harvey Research Institute, St Bartholomew s Hospital Medical College, London
Br J Pharmacol 115:401-8. 19951. The induction of cyclo-oxygenase-2 (COX-2) afforded by bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS, endotoxin) in bovine aortic endothelial cells (BAEC) is mediated by tyrosine kinase...
- Interleukin 1-induced cyclooxygenase and nitric oxide synthase gene expression in the rat dorsal root ganglia is modulated by antioxidantsO J Igwe
University of Missouri Kansas City, School of Pharmacy, Division of Pharmacology, M3 103, Medical School Building, 2411 Holmes Street, Kansas City, MO 64108 2792, USA
Neuroscience 105:971-85. 2001Interleukin 1beta induced both nitric oxide synthase 2 (NOS-2) and cyclooxygenase 2 (COX-2) gene expression in dorsal root ganglion explant culture with increased NOS-2 and COX-2 activities, and corresponding increases in the production ..
- Induction chemotherapy in advanced head and neck cancer. Preliminary results of a randomized studyF Brunin
Department of Radiotherapy, Curie Institute, Paris, France
Acta Oncol 28:61-5. 1989..46.2% at 2 years. Local disease-free and disease-free intervals were similar in both groups. A Cox's multi-step regression analysis revealed two significant independant prognostic factors: size of primary tumor and ..
- A population-based survey of ovarian malignancies in the southeast health care region of Sweden 1984-1987T Hogberg
Department of Gynecologic Oncology, University Hospital, Linkoping, Sweden
Acta Oncol 33:739-45. 1994..Among patients aged under 45 years the corrected 5-year survival was 72%. In a Cox's regression analysis age and stage were significant predictors of cancer death while histology (epithelial vs...
- Using an outcomes-based approach to identify candidates for risk stratification after exercise treadmill testingL J Shaw
Emory Center for Outcomes Research, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Gen Intern Med 14:1-9. 1999..5% mortality was identified (follow-up 2.5 +/- SD 1.5 years). MEASUREMENTS AND MAIN RESULTS: A Cox proportional hazards model was used to estimate a patient's likelihood of cardiac death...
- Influence of boost technique (external beam radiotherapy or brachytherapy) on the outcome of patients with carcinoma of the base of the tongueC A Regueiro
Department of Radiation Oncology, , Madrid, Spain
Acta Oncol 34:225-33. 1995..1). In the Cox multivariate analyses restricted patients with T1, T2 and T3 staged tumors, treatment modality was the only ..
- Survival patterns among HIV+ individuals based on health care utilizationK J Welch
Louisiana Office of Public Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Adult Spectrum of Disease Study, New Orleans 70119, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 93:214-9. 2001..Kaplan-Meier analysis and Cox proportional hazards regression were performed...
- Anti-inflammatory drugs in the 21st centuryK D Rainsford
Biomedical Research Centre, Faculty of Health and Wellbeing, Sheffield Hallam University, Howard Street, Sheffield, SI 1WB, UK
Subcell Biochem 42:3-27. 2007..discovery was made from elegant molecular and cellular biological studies that there are two cyclo-oxygenase (COX) enzyme systems controlling the production of prostanoids [prostaglandins (PGs) and thromboxane (TxA2)]; COX-1 that ..
- The inhibitory effects of mercaptoalkylguanidines on cyclo-oxygenase activityB Zingarelli
Division of Critical Care Medicine, Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
Br J Pharmacol 120:357-66. 1997..inflammatory conditions, in which both the inducible isoforms of nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) and cyclo-oxygenase (COX-2) are induced, inhibition of NOS also results in inhibition of arachidonic acid metabolism...
- Paracetamol and selective and non-selective non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for the reduction of morphine-related side effects after major surgery: a systematic reviewC McDaid
Centre for Reviews and Dissemination, University of York, York, UK
Health Technol Assess 14:1-153, iii-iv. 2010To determine which class of non-opioid analgesics - paracetamol (acetaminophen), NSAIDs or COX-2 inhibitors - is the most effective at reducing morphine consumption and associated adverse effects when used as part of multimodal analgesia ..
- Ketorolac alters blood flow during normothermia but not during hyperthermia in middle-aged human skinLacy A Holowatz
Department of Kinesiology, The Pennsylvania State University, Noll Laboratory, University Park, Pennsylvania, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 107:1121-7. 2009In young healthy humans full expression of reflex cutaneous vasodilation is dependent on cyclooxygenase (COX)- and nitric oxide synthase (NOS)-dependent mechanisms...
- Inhibition of PGE2 production by nimesulide compared with diclofenac in the acutely inflamed joint of patients with arthritisTrevor Duffy
Department of Rheumatology, St Vincent s University Hospital, Dublin, Eire
Drugs 63:31-6. 2003Cyclo-oxygenase (COX) exists in two isoforms, COX-1 and COX-2. COX-1 is responsible for homeostatic functions, whereas COX-2 is inducible and responsible for the inflammatory effects of prostaglandins...
- Rate of vasoconstrictor prostanoids released by endothelial cells depends on cyclooxygenase-2 expression and prostaglandin I synthase activityM Camacho
Laboratory of Inflammation Mediators, Institute of Research of Santa Creu i Sant Pau Hospital, Barcelona, Spain
Circ Res 83:353-65. 1998..PG) I2 for no longer than 30 seconds after the substrate was added irrespective of the cyclooxygenase (COX) activity, whereas the time course of PGE2 and PGD2 formation was parallel to the COX activity...
- Cyclo-oxygenase and nitric oxide synthase isoforms in rat carrageenin-induced pleurisyA Tomlinson
Department of Experimental Pathology, William Harvey Research Institute, St Bartholomew s Hospital Medical College, London
Br J Pharmacol 113:693-8. 19941. The profiles of cyclo-oxygenase (COX) and nitric oxide synthase (NOS) isoforms were determined in the rat carrageenin-induced pleurisy model of acute inflammation. 2...
- Therapeutic potential of selective cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitors in the management of tumor angiogenesisStephen Gately
NeoPharm Inc, Department of Translational Medicine, Lake Forest, Ill, USA
Prog Exp Tumor Res 37:179-92. 2003It is clear that COX-2 plays an important role in tumor and endothelial cell biology. Increased expression of COX-2 occurs in multiple cells within the tumor microenvironment that can impact on angiogenesis...
- Protein Never in Mitosis Gene A Interacting-1 regulates calpain activity and the degradation of cyclooxygenase-2 in endothelial cellsTongzheng Liu
Division of Pharmacology, The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy, and The Dorothy M, Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Inflamm (Lond) 6:20. 2009..Degradation of iNOS was reduced by a calpain inhibitor, suggesting that PIN1 may affect induction of other calpain-sensitive inflammatory proteins, such as cyclooxygenase (COX)-2, in MAEC.
- Implication of gastrin in cyclooxygenase-2 expression in Helicobacter pylori infected gastric ulcerationS J Konturek
Department of Physiology, Jagiellonian University School of Medicine, Cracow, Poland
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 66:39-51. 2001..undertaken to assess the relationship between the HP infection and coexpression of gastrin and cyclooxygenases (COX), the rate limiting enzymes in the PG production...
- Signaling pathways regulating aromatase and cyclooxygenases in normal and malignant breast cellsJeanette A Richards
Ohio State Biochemistry Program, College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 80:203-12. 2002..our recent studies have shown a strong linear association between CYP19 expression and the sum of cyclooxygenase-1 (COX-1) and cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) expression in breast cancer specimens...
- Developmental expression of the cyclo-oxygenase-1 and cyclo-oxygenase-2 genes in the peri-implantation mouse uterus and their differential regulation by the blastocyst and ovarian steroidsI Chakraborty
Department of Physiology, Ralph L Smith Research Center, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City 66160 7338, USA
J Mol Endocrinol 16:107-22. 1996Cyclo-oxygenase (COX) is a rate-limiting enzyme that converts arachidonic acid to prostaglandins (PGs) and exists in two isoforms, COX-1 and COX-2...
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) and eicosanoids in human health and pathologiesH Tapiero
UNIVERSITE DE PARIS, Faculté de Pharmacie CNRS UMR 8612, Chatenay Malabry, France
Biomed Pharmacother 56:215-22. 2002..a source of AA or compounds which can be converted into AA, synthesis of prostaglandins (PGs) by a cyclooxygenase (COX) enzyme would be compromised, and this would seriously affect many normal metabolic processes...
- Cloning of guinea pig cyclooxygenase-2 and 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase complementary deoxyribonucleic acids: steroid-modulated gene expression correlates to prostaglandin F2 alpha secretion in cultured endometrial cellsK E Bracken
Institute for Hormone and Fertility Research, University of Hamburg, Germany
Endocrinology 138:237-47. 1997..We cloned guinea pig cDNAs for cyclooxygenase 2 (COX-2), 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase (PGDH) that converts PGF2 alpha to biologically inactive 13,14-dihydro-15-..
- Role of cyclooxygenase isoforms in gastric mucosal defenceB M Peskar
Department of Experimental Clinical Medicine, University of Bochum, D 44780 Bochum, Germany
J Physiol Paris 95:3-9. 2001..Prostaglandin biosynthesis is catalysed by the enzyme cyclooxygenase (COX), which exists in two isoforms, COX-1 and COX-2...
- Novel combination of cyclooxygenase-2 and MEK inhibitors in human hepatocellular carcinoma provides a synergistic increase in apoptosisC Max Schmidt
Department of Surgery and The Indiana University Cancer Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 7:1024-33. 2003Cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) and ERK-MAPK mitogenic signaling pathways are important in human hepatocellular carcinoma...
- Cyclo-oxygenase-2 inhibitors: when should they be used in the elderly?Ruth Savage
New Zealand Pharmacovigilance Centre, Department of Preventive and Social Medicine, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Drugs Aging 22:185-200. 2005..The cyclo-oxygenase (COX)-2 inhibitors are as effective as standard NSAIDs for the relief of pain and for improving function in elderly ..
- Suppression of intestinal polyps in Msh2-deficient and non-Msh2-deficient multiple intestinal neoplasia mice by a specific cyclooxygenase-2 inhibitor and by a dual cyclooxygenase-1/2 inhibitorG Lal
Centre for Cancer Genetics, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Department of Surgery, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1X5 Canada
Cancer Res 61:6131-6. 2001..This is believed to be mediated, at least in part, by inhibition of cyclooxygenase (COX) activity. There are two COX isoenzymes, namely the constitutively expressed COX-1 and the inducible COX-2...
- Impact of naproxen sodium at over-the-counter doses on cyclooxygenase isoforms in human volunteersB Hinz
Institute of Toxicology and Pharmacology, University of Rostock, Schillingallee 70, Rostock, Germany
Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 46:180-6. 2008Over the last few years, there has been concern regarding the cardiovascular safety of selective cyclooxygenase (COX)-2 inhibitors and high-dose regimens of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)...
- Relationship between cyclooxygenase-2 and human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 in vascular endothelial growth factor C up-regulation and lymphangiogenesis in human breast cancerRabindra N Bhattacharjee
Department of Anatomy, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Cancer Sci 101:2026-32. 2010Both cyclooxygenase (COX)-2 and human epidermal growth factor receptor (HER)-2 promote breast cancer progression; however, the relationship between the two molecules remains unclear...
- Expression of COX-2, iNOS, p53 and Ki-67 in gastric mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphomaHong Ling Li
Department of Hematology, Xijing Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, 127 ChangLe West Road, Xi an 710032, Shaanxi Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:1862-6. 2004To assess the expression of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), nitric oxide synthase (iNOS), p53 and Ki-67 in gastric mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT) lymphoma and clarify the relationship between COX-2 expression and iNOS or p53 ..
- Association of functional gene variants in the regulatory regions of COX-2 gene (PTGS2) with nonmelanoma skin cancer after organ transplantationM Gomez Lira
Department of Mother and Child, Section of Biology and Genetics, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Br J Dermatol 157:49-57. 2007Overexpression of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), resulting in excessive prostaglandin production, has been observed in human epidermal keratinocytes after ultraviolet B injury, in squamous cell skin carcinoma (SCC), in actinic keratoses, and ..
- Withdrawal of COX-2 selective inhibitors rofecoxib and valdecoxib: impact on NSAID and gastroprotective drug prescribing and utilizationShawn X Sun
Walgreens Health Services, Deerfield, IL 60015, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 23:1859-66. 2007Cyclo-oxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitors rofecoxib and valdecoxib were withdrawn from the market because of their association with cardiovascular problems...
- Epidemiological and clinical aspects of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and cancer risksEdgar M Moran
Department of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, USA
J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol 21:193-201. 2002..This is chiefly due to the inhibition of the cyclooxygenase (COX) enzymes...
- Urinary tract obstruction induces transient accumulation of COX-2-derived prostanoids in kidney tissueRikke Nørregaard
Deptartment of Clinical Physiology and Nuclear Medicine, Aarhus University Hospital Skejby, Brendstrupgaardsvej, DK 8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 298:R1017-25. 2010Inhibitors of cyclooxygenase (COX)-2 prevent suppression of aquaporin-2 and reduce polyuria in the acute phase after release of bilateral ureteral obstruction (BUO)...
- Selective COX-2 inhibitors, NSAIDs and congestive heart failure: differences between new and recurrent casesPatricia McGettigan
Discipline of Clinical Pharmacology, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Br J Clin Pharmacol 65:927-34. 2008..shown that in susceptible individuals, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and selective cyclooxygenase (COX)-2 inhibitors increase the risk of developing congestive heart failure (CHF)...
- Cyclooxygenase-2 in myocardium stimulation by angiotensin-II in cultured cardiac fibroblasts and role at acute myocardial infarctionNicole Scheuren
Department of Medicine, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
J Mol Cell Cardiol 34:29-37. 2002..Cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) plays a key role in mediating inflammation...
- [The allergic and other side effects of non-steroid antiinflammatory drugs and gold salts]Lajos Attila Réthy
Magyar Tudományos Akademia Pécsi Tudományegyetem, Klinikai Genetikai Munkacsoport, Pecs
Orv Hetil 145:1943-9. 2004..The discovery of the two different cyclo-oxygenases (COX 1 and COX-2) led to the incorporation of more selective enzyme inhibitors into the therapeutic tools against ..
- Cyclooxygenase-2 directly regulates gene expression of P450 Cyp19 aromatase promoter regions pII, pI.3 and pI.7 and estradiol production in human breast tumor cellsJenifer R Prosperi
Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology, and Medical Genetics, The Integrated Biomedical Science Graduate Program, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, 2184 Graves Hall, 333 West 10th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 81:55-70. 2006The present studies evaluated the direct effects of the presence of human cyclooxygenase-2 (Cox-2) on gene expression of specific promoter regions of the P450 Cyp19 enzyme aromatase enzyme and its product, estradiol, in Cox-2 null ..
- Cyclooxygenase-2 selective non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (etodolac, meloxicam, celecoxib, rofecoxib, etoricoxib, valdecoxib and lumiracoxib) for osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis: a systematic review and economic evaluationY F Chen
Department of Public Health and Epidemiology, University of Birmingham, UK
Health Technol Assess 12:1-278, iii. 2008To review the clinical effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) selective non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) (etodolac, meloxicam, celecoxib, rofecoxib, etoricoxib, valdecoxib and lumiracoxib) for ..
- Use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in patients with cardiovascular disease: a cautionary taleMuhammad Amer
Ciccarone Center for the Prevention of Heart Disease, Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Cardiol Rev 18:204-12. 2010Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) inhibit production of prostaglandins by acting on cyclooxygenase (COX) isoenzymes 1 and 2. Nonselective NSAIDs inhibit both COX 1 and 2 isoenzymes (eg, ibuprofen and naproxen)...
- Association between bone mineral density and the use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and aspirin: impact of cyclooxygenase selectivityLaura D Carbone
Department of Medicine, University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center, Memphis, Tennessee 38163, USA
J Bone Miner Res 18:1795-802. 2003BMD was examined in users of NSAIDs (by COX selectivity) and aspirin in the Health ABC cohort (n = 2853). Significantly higher BMD was found in users of relative COX-2 selective NSAIDs with aspirin (COX-2/ASA) compared with nonusers...
- Dual acting anti-inflammatory drugs: a reappraisalA Bertolini
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Section of Pharmacology, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, via G Campi 287, 41100 Modena, Italy
Pharmacol Res 44:437-50. 2001..approach seemed to be the preparation of novel NSAIDs, targeted at the inducible isoform of prostaglandin synthase (COX-2); they appear to be devoid of gastrointestinal toxicity, in that they spare mucosal prostaglandin synthesis...
- Expression of cyclooxygenase isozymes during morphogenesis and cycling of pelage hair follicles in mouse skin: precocious onset of the first catagen phase and alopecia upon cyclooxygenase-2 overexpressionKarin Muller-Decker
Section of Eicosanoids and Epithelial Tumor Development, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Heidelberg, Germany
J Invest Dermatol 121:661-8. 2003Cyclooxygenase (COX)-1 and -2 catalyze the key reaction in prostaglandin biosynthesis...
- Total cyclooxygenase-2 mRNA levels correlate with vascular endothelial growth factor mRNA levels, tumor angiogenesis and prognosis in non-small cell lung cancer patientsAng Yuan
Division of Chest Medicine, Departments of Internal Medicine and Emergency Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Cancer 115:545-55. 2005..Our aim was to study total COX-2 mRNA expression in both cancer cells and surrounding stromal cells and its association with angiogenic factor ..
- Cyclooxygenase-2 promotes angiogenesis by increasing vascular endothelial growth factor and predicts prognosis in gallbladder carcinomaYing Hui Zhi
Department of General Surgery, Affiliated Beijing Tiantan Hospital, Capital University of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100050, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:3724-8. 2005To investigate the relationships between the expression of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and the degree of vascularization, clinicopathologic feature, survival time of patients with gallbladder ..
- Correlation between expression of cyclooxygenase-2 and the presence of CD4+ infiltrating T-lymphocyte in human primary hepatocellular carcinomaYa Wei Gao
Department of Immunology, Xiangya School of Medicine, Central South University, Changsha, PR China
Hepatogastroenterology 55:345-50. 2008Recent studies have found that Cyclooxygenase-2(Cox-2) is frequently inappropriately expressed in primary hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), suggesting that abnormal Cox-2 expression plays an important role in hepatocarcinogenesis...
Research Grants121 found, 100 shown here
- Eicosanoid regulation of experimental Lyme arthritisCharles R Brown; Fiscal Year: 2010..New versions of these drugs (coxibs) act by inhibiting the activity of the cyclooxygenase (COX)-2 enzyme...
- RAYMOND NELSON DUBOIS; Fiscal Year: 2016..prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) in carcinogenesis, a cutting-edge goal of chemoprevention research is to find alternative COX-2-independent approaches to suppress PGE2 production or to block the downstream procarcinogenic effects of this ..
- Community-Based Studies in Cancer and EnvironmentYi Li; Fiscal Year: 2011..Specifically, the PI plans to develop: (1) Semiparametric normal transformation Cox models for multivariate survival data: Flexible modeling of pairwise dependence will be developed and new class of ..
- Jiu Chiuan Chen; Fiscal Year: 2014..S. EPA monitoring system with the data outputs of air quality models. Multivariable-adjusted Cox models, multilevel mixed-effect models, and latent curve structural models will be used to analyze the data...
- MEASUREMENT ERRORS IN CANCER EPIDEMIOLOGYDONNA L SPIEGELMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..Here, the dependent variable is time to cancer incidence or mortality;thus, Cox models are considered in which time-varying covariates such as cumulative averages and cumulative exposures are of ..
- Mechanism of HPA Axis Activation: Role of Nicotinic Acid Receptor in the BrainJang H Youn; Fiscal Year: 2012..these effects are blocked by an icv infusion of pertussis toxin (PTX;G-protein inhibitor) or cyclooxygenase (COX;or prostaglandin synthase) inhibitors...
- William L Smith; Fiscal Year: 2014..Prostaglandin endoperoxide H synthases-1 and -2 (PGHS-1 and -2), also known as cyclooxygenases-1 and -2 (COX-1 and COX-2), catalyze the conversion of arachidonic acid (AA) to prostaglandin H2 (PGH2) in the committed step of ..
- Social Networks &Breast Cancer Prognosis in the Chinese and US Evaluation StudyCandyce H Kroenke; Fiscal Year: 2013..Multiple linear and logistic regression will be used to evaluate associations with behavioral factors, and Cox models will be used to evaluate associations with mortality, after evaluating heterogeneity...
- Christianne L Roumie; Fiscal Year: 2016..We will use the marginal structural Cox proportional hazards models (MSM) using "stabilized" Inverse probability treatment weights (IPTW)...
- Access to Liver Transplantation for Patients with Primary Sclerosing CholangitisDavid Seth Goldberg; Fiscal Year: 2011..Our first aim will address this primary research question in three ways. We will develop two Cox proportional hazard models, one accounting for all of a patient's MELD scores while on the waitlist, and ..
- Lisa Fredman; Fiscal Year: 2014..We will use mixed longitudinal models and Cox proportional hazards models to test four hypotheses in all participants and in caregivers only...
- Ambulatory Case and Preventable Hospitalizations in Diabetic Kidney DiseaseChin Lin Tseng; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will evaluate their annual trends using logistic regressions with Generalized Estimating Equations (GEEs). Cox proportional hazards models will be used to evaluate the associations of consistency of subspecialty care and other ..
- Arsenic Exposure, Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes in Native AmericansAna Navas-Acien; Fiscal Year: 2011..Statistical analysis: Cox proportional hazard models will be used to assess the prospective association of urine arsenic species ..
- CVD Predictors of Cognitive Function Trajectory over 20 YearsElizabeth L Barrett Connor; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will examine predictors of categorically-defined successful cognitive aging using Cox proportional hazard models...
- Cynthia J Brown; Fiscal Year: 2014..Multilevel change or random-effects regression models will be used to examine life-space trajectories over time and Cox proportional hazards models to evaluate predictors of adverse outcomes...
- MEASUREMENT ERRORS IN ENVIRONMENTAL EPIDEMIOLOGYDONNA L SPIEGELMAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..the regression calibration method for adjustment for measurement error in multivariate regression models, including Cox models and logistic models, to accommodate the study designs and data structures encountered in environmental ..
- Obesity, Aging, and Cancer Cost (OACC) StudyBenjamin M Craig; Fiscal Year: 2010..MCBS), The New Mexico Mammography Project, The New Mexico Tumor Registry, and SEER-Medicare, we will estimate Cox proportional hazard models on the time to episode of care and exponential conditional mean models on the cost of ..
- Pesticide Use & Breast Cancer Risk in Large Cohort of Female Agriculture WorkersLAWRENCE STUART ENGEL; Fiscal Year: 2010..Relative risks will be estimated using data from both interviews (pre-diagnostic only), via Cox proportional hazards models including the full cohort, as well as separately by menopausal status and state of ..
- The Quality of Buprenorphine Treatment for Medicaid BeneficiariesJeffrey D Baxter; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, for aim 3, using Cox proportional hazards models we will measure the association between receiving care according to treatment ..
- Amanda Hyre Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2015..All proposed investigations will occur within the cohort framework of the CRIC Study utilizing Cox proportional hazards models, mixed effects growth curve models, and marginal structural models with time-updated ..
- Health of Children Born by Mothers with Pheumatoid ArthritisJorn Olsen; Fiscal Year: 2012..Statistical analyses: Data will be analyzed using Cox models...
- Mary Sano; Fiscal Year: 2015..Cumulative transition rates will be estimated based on the survival curves generated from the Cox models...
- SPRY2 predicts survival post-chemotherapy in advanced ovarian cancer.Raymond P Perez; Fiscal Year: 2010..In aim 1, SPRY2 and Cbl protein levels, assayed by quantitative automated immunohistochemistry, are entered into Cox models as potential predictors of survival and disease-free interval...
- Martha L Slattery; Fiscal Year: 2016..groups of miRNAs using recent extensions of several statistical methods including ANOVA, logistic regression, and Cox proportional hazards models...
- Determining Processes of Cardiovascular Care Relevant to Complex PatientsElizabeth A Bayliss; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will use linear regression models and Cox proportional hazard models to assess the impact of the cancer prognosis and other morbidity scores (and their ..
- Donna B Jeffe; Fiscal Year: 2015..We will examine gender and race/ethnicity differences in time to faculty promotion and attrition using Cox proportional hazard models and Kaplan-Meier curves...
- Risk and Risk Preferences for Surgery and Medical Therapy in Ulcerative ColitisMeenakshi Bewtra; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>Cox proportional hazards models with adjustment will be used to detemnine relative survival of UC patients treated with ..
- Rajender R Aparasu; Fiscal Year: 2015..Propensity score adjusted multivariate analyses including Cox models will be used to evaluate the safety profile of anticholinergics...
- Comparative Risk of Endometrial Cancer from Ablation Versus Medical ManagementBRIAN LESLIE STROM; Fiscal Year: 2012..It will examine the relative risk of endometrial cancer using Cox proportional hazard models~ it will investigate diagnostic delay by comparing median time from DUB diagnosis to ..
- Stimulants and Vascular Events in ADHDMark Olfson; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will use Cox proportional hazards models and case crossover analyses with time dependent measures of stimulant treatment to ..
- Estimates of Influenza Vaccine EffectivenessPeter G Szilagyi; Fiscal Year: 2010..Both logistic regression and Cox proportional hazard models will be utilized to determine effectiveness after adjusting for a number of covariates...
- Mortality and Macroeconomic Conditions: Differential Vulnerability and MechanismJOSE A TAPIA GRANADOS; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 4 will use Cox models to examine the impact of economic conditions on individual-level survival after controlling for individual-..
- Long-Term Outcomes of Nonmelanoma Skin CancerMary Margaret Chren; Fiscal Year: 2009..Multivariate Cox proportional hazards models will also be used to explore the distribution of time to detection of first tumor ..
- Obesity susceptibility loci and breast cancer risk in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation caJONATHAN ANDREW MITCHELL; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, haplotype associations will be conducted for each obesity susceptibility loci. Cox proportional hazard models, using a weighted approach to account for the sampling of high-risk women, will be used ..
- Linda M Zangwill; Fiscal Year: 2015..structural parameters and relevant clinical and demographic predictive factors will be included in multivariable Cox proportional hazards models for predicting who will develop photograph based and/or visual field based progression ..
- Peggy Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2014..and those associated with residential and workplace locations around time of first birth using multivariable Cox models, adjusting for relevant covariates...
- Kellie J Archer; Fiscal Year: 2015..models have been successfully applied to high-throughput genomic datasets in fitting linear, logistic, and Cox proportional hazards models with excellent performance...
- Qi Long; Fiscal Year: 2014..metrics for censored data, most of which have been developed for the case of independent censoring and limited to Cox proportional hazard models...
- Danyu Lin; Fiscal Year: 2014..class of mixture cure models that combines a binary regression model for the cure probability with a generalized Cox model for the failure times of the uncured individuals;3) to construct kernel-based es- timation methods for ..
- Xihong Lin; Fiscal Year: 2014..the mixed model kernel machine method for generalized semiparametric regression models and semiparametric Cox models for the analysis of gene expression pathways and tag single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) within a ..
- Flexible Statistical Methods for Complex Survival Data in Biomedical StudiesWenbin Lu; Fiscal Year: 2013..These models not only are complements to Cox's proportional hazards model, but also provide general regression frameworks and possibly better strategies ..
- CHONDROPROTECTIVE ACTIVITY OF POMEGRANATE EXTRACTTariq M Haqqi; Fiscal Year: 2010..development of collagen-induced arthritis in mice(CIA);and (2) bioavailable PFE constituents/metabolites inhibited COX-2 activity and IL-1[unreadable]-induced production of NO and PGE2 in chondrocytes...
- Flavonoids, esophageal/gastric cardia adenocarcinoma and Barretts Esophagus RiskMarilie D Gammon; Fiscal Year: 2013..A number of flavonoids are also COX-2 inhibitors and some can suppress COX-2 transcription...
- The Role of a Novel Vitamin E Metabolite in Colon Cancer Prevention and TherapyQing Jiang; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Cyclooxygenases (COXs: COX-1/-2) and 5-lipoxygenase (5-LOX) catalyzed reactions play significant roles in colon cancer progression...
- COX Inhibition & Musculoskeletal Responses to ExerciseWendy M Kohrt; Fiscal Year: 2010..As noted by the new title, COX Inhibition &Musculoskeletal Responses to Exercise, the application is a continuation of the study of factors ..
- Chemopreventive effect of fish oil derived EPA in lung cancerPeiying Yang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finding effective preventive and treatment strategies for lung cancer are desperately needed. Cyclooygenase-2 (COX-2), a key mediator of inflammation, is an important target for lung cancer therapy and prevention because ..
- NSAID-Phosphatidylcholine Association: Insight in GI Ulcer Pathogenesis/TherapyLenard M Lichtenberger; Fiscal Year: 2010..This mechanism is independent of the ability of the drugs'to inhibit cyclooxygenase (COX) and is exacerbated by bile acids, that are present in high concentration to the lumen of the small intestine, by ..
- (R)-flurbiprofen Substrate-Selective Inhibition of COX-2 and Analog DevelopmentDaniel Hermanson; Fiscal Year: 2013..and recent work by the Marnett lab has shown that 2-AG and AEA are both substrates of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2)...
- MECHANICAL LOADING OF BONE AND PROSTAGLANDINSCarol C Pilbeam; Fiscal Year: 2010..Loading stimulates new bone formation and unloading causes bone loss. Cyclooxygenase (COX)-2, the major enzyme for prostaglandin (PG) responses in bone, can enhance both bone formation and resorption and ..
- Prostanoid signaling and inflammation in aging and Alzheimer's diseaseKatrin I Andreasson; Fiscal Year: 2013..The cyclooxygenases COX-1 and COX-2 catalyze the first committed step in prostaglandin synthesis, and the inducible isoform COX-2 promotes ..
- Novel Mechanisms of NSAID-induced GI ToxicityJames D Lillich; Fiscal Year: 2012..Traditionally, NSAID- induced GI toxicity was associated with the inhibition of cyclooxygenase (COX) enzymes, particularly COX-1...
- Chemopreventive Effect of NSAIDs Against Prostate CancerBhagavathi Narayanan; Fiscal Year: 2009..as it is against colon cancer, although NSAIDs may have some side effects due to non-selectivity in inhibiting COX-1 and COX-2. NSAIDs induce beneficial effects primarily through the inhibition of cyclooxygenases...
- Prostaglandin E2 Signaling in Growth and Pains of EndometriosisJoe A Arosh; Fiscal Year: 2012..Inhibition of PGE2 biosynthesis using NSAIDs and COX-2 inhibitors has emerged as the main class analgesics...
- Lawrence J Marnett; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) plays a key role in the conversion of arachidonic acid (AA) to prostaglandins, which are an important class of bioactive lipids...
- Mechanisms for NSAID Alzheimer PreventionGregory M Cole; Fiscal Year: 2013..anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), notably, ibuprofen and naproxen and other non-selective cyclooxygenase (COX) inhibitors) are associated with lower risk for Alzheimer Disease (AD)...
- Type II 11B-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase and Colorectal TumorigenesisMingzhi Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2013..Cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) expression increases in CRC, and inhibition of its activity by chronic use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory ..
- Claus Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2015..via separate pathways following the initial oxygenation of arachidonic acid by either cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) or 5-lipoxygenase (5-LOX), respectively...
- Tianxin Yang; Fiscal Year: 2014..Moreover, the inhibition of prostanoid synthesis with Non-Steroid Anti-inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) or COX-2 inhibitors is associated with cardiovascular consequences, including hypertension and edema formation...
- Development of a novel agent for lung cancer preventionArun Kumar Sharma; Fiscal Year: 2013..liver microsomes to establish if p-XS-Asp will cleave into active metabolites p-XSeH and aspirin, and evaluate COX-2-mediated pro-mitogenic MAPK and pro-survival PI3K/AKT signaling pathways, which are known to be influenced by p-..
- Mechanisms of Triterpenoids in Prevention of Prostate CancerSubhash C Gautam; Fiscal Year: 2011Regular use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) including selective COX-2 inhibitors reduces the risk of prostate cancer...
- Gary A Piazza; Fiscal Year: 2016..drugs (NSAIDs) strongly inhibit tumorigenesis in experimental animal models, but toxicity from cyclooxygenase (COX) inhibition limits their use in humans for cancer chemoprevention...
- MicroRNA, sulindac, and breast cancer chemopreventionYaguang Xi; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, toxicities related to cyclooxygenase (COX) inhibition and the suppression of physiologically important prostaglandins limit the regular use of NSAIDs by ..
- Ian C Michelow; Fiscal Year: 2016..effects logistic regression modeling to account for repeated measures and confounding variables as well as the Cox proportional hazards survival model to compare time to predefined endpoints...
- Ligand Directed Transdermal siRNA Delivery to Improve Wound HealingDavid M Evans; Fiscal Year: 2012..Amongst several other targets, factors such as transforming growth factor-ss1 (TGF-ss1), and COX-2 are upregulated in adult tissue and show reduced expression in fetal skin...
- Use of Novel Cox-2 Inhibitors in Neurological DisordersSTANLEY BELL; Fiscal Year: 2006..Numerous studies indicate that the enzyme cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) is induced by oxidative stress, contributes to oxidative stress, and promotes subsequent neuronal injury...
- IMAGING COX-2 GENE EXPRESSION IN INFLAMMATION AND TUMORSHarvey Herschman; Fiscal Year: 2009..There are two cyclooxygenases, COX-1 and COX-2. COX-1 is usually expressed constitutively;COX-2 is induced by many stimuli...
- Xianglin Shi; Fiscal Year: 2015..These inflammatory mediators include infiltrating leukocytes and myeloperoxidase (MPO), COX-2, PGE2, and several pro-inflammatory cytokines, TNF-1, IL-2, and IL-6. Specific Aim 4...
- COX GENE REGULATION IN INTESTINAL MYOFIBROBLASTSDon Powell; Fiscal Year: 2009..S., is newly diagnosed in 150,000 persons each year. Chemoprevention through cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) specific NSAIDs is being proposed as a viable means of reducing the incidence of colorectal polyps, the ..
- John P Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2016..b>Cox-1 and Cox-2 are the rate-limiting enzymes in prostaglandin biosynthesis...
- Howard B Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2016..suppressor", upregulation of the gene and subsequent transactivation of at least three downstream targets, Cox-2, Flt-1 and p21. We also provide evidence of a new carcinogenesis related function for Rad9, in metastasis...
- Gadiparthi N Rao; Fiscal Year: 2015..Arachidonic acid (AA), which is produced primarily by PLA2s, metabolizes via the cyclooxygenase (COX), lipoxygenase (LOX) and cytochrome P450 monooxygenase (CYP) pathways producing prostaglandins (PGs), ..
- Regulatory Oxygenases in Vasculopathic RickettsiosesSANJEEV SAHNI; Fiscal Year: 2010..Increased expression of cyclooxygenase (Cox)-2 during infection with spotted fever group (SFG) rickettsiae results in enhanced prostaglandin (PG) secretion;and ..
- Regulation of Neutrophilic Lung InflammationJohn W Christman; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will consider the effects of NADPH oxidase on gene regulation of cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) and lipocalin-prostaglandin D synthase (L-PgDS) gene expression which results in relative increase in ..
- Francis Perry Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2016..the predictive ability of various proxies of muscle mass and function with all-cause mortality primarily using Cox regression. We will assess the discriminant ability of these measures using C-statistics...
- Ellen Merrick Schill; Fiscal Year: 2015..be analyzed by immunohistochemistry and time-lapse imaging to determine if ibuprofen inhibits ENCC migration via a Cox- dependent mechanism...
- Prakash R Rai; Fiscal Year: 2014..of chemo-preventive agents which include selective estrogen receptor antagonists, aromatase inhibitors, retinoids, COX-2 inhibitors and metformin...
- IVAN B YANACHKOV; Fiscal Year: 2015..The main antiplatelet drugs in clinical use today - aspirin and clopidogrel - target platelet COX-1 and P2Y12 platelet receptors, respectively...
- Harvey J Murff; Fiscal Year: 2014..Secondary endpoints will include rectal epithelial cell expression of COX-2 and 15-PGDH, rectal cell production of PGE2 and PGE3, rectal mucosal tissue levels of fatty acids, and changes in ..
- LAURA ELIZABETH FREDENBURGH; Fiscal Year: 2016..pulmonary arteries develop a striking hyper-proliferative phenotype, decreased expression of cyclooxygenase (COX)-2, reduced prostaglandin I2 synthesis, and increased secretion of endothelin-1...
- Gary A Piazza; Fiscal Year: 2015..Unfortunately, toxicity resulting from cyclooxygenase (COX) inhibition and incomplete protection from disease progression in all individuals, limits their use for ..
- ANDREW JESS DANNENBERG; Fiscal Year: 2015..Importantly in this respect, a key role has been established for cyclooxygenase (COX)-derived prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) in stimulating transcription of the CYP19 gene which encodes the aromatase enzyme...
- EMILY YIN CHU; Fiscal Year: 2014..Recent studies in the Cox laboratory have found that IRF6 binds, in a phosphorylation-enhanced manner, to NME2 (non-metastatic 2), which has ..
- PC-NSAIDs for Chemoprevention of Colorectal CancerLenard M Lichtenberger; Fiscal Year: 2013..IBU-PC and INDO-PC inhibit the early stages of colon cancer progression including: inhibition of: cyclooxygenase (COX) activity, reducing the expression of COX-1, COX-2 and mdr-1;and their ability to disrupt Ras-signaling events...
- TGF-beta1 and Mitochondrial Dysfunction in LPS-Induced Renal FailureL Jay Stallons; Fiscal Year: 2013..Urine output was minimal at 42 h. Mitochondrial electron transport chain and ATP synthesis proteins [i.e. NDUFB8, COX I and ATP synthase [unreadable] (ATPS [unreadable])] were depleted at 42 h after LPS injection...
- JAMES CHRISTOPHER BONNER; Fiscal Year: 2016..pulmonary fibrosis and mesothelioma is due to reduced expression or impaired functional interaction between COX-2, STAT-1, and p53...
- Neurochemical and metabolic regulation in the visual cortexMARGARET TT WONG-RILEY; Fiscal Year: 2013..nuclear respiratory factor 1 (NRF-1), co-regulate genes for energy generation (exemplified by cytochrome c oxidase [COX], without which oxidative metabolism cannot be completed and mitochondrial ATP cannot be generated) and genes for ..
- Jenny T Mao; Fiscal Year: 2015..phytochemicals have been shown to modulate carcinogenic mechanisms, including inhibition of the cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) and prostaglandin E2 (PGE2) pathways, and inhibit tumor growth in animal models of lung cancer...
- Giovanni Manfredi; Fiscal Year: 2014..Cytochrome oxidase (COX) is a pacemaker of ETC fluxes, whose activity is modulated by phosphorylation of its subunits and by ATP allosteric ..
- Rodney W Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2016..structural brain development, first by quantitative MRI in a longitudinal study design;and second using Golgi-Cox staining procedures and Neurolucida to generate three-dimensional tracings for determining the structure of neurons ..
- KUMBLE SANDEEP PRABHU; Fiscal Year: 2016..high Se status, immune cells shunt the arachidonic acid metabolism towards the production of cyclooxygenase (COX)-derived anti-inflammatory cyclopentenone prostaglandin (CyPG) 15d- PGJ2 rather than pro-inflammatory PGE2 and ..
- GI-Safer Naproxen Formulation R&D for the Treatment of Osteoarthritis and RelatedUpendra Marathi; Fiscal Year: 2009..gastrointestinal (GI) risk, but also cardiovascular (CV) risk;non-selective NSAIDs acting on both cyclooxygenase-1 (COX-1) and COX-2 universally increase the risk of GI injury, whereas nearly all NSAIDs, especially the selective COX-2 ..
- Eicosanoids and Intestinal Epithelial Growth RegulationRAYMOND NELSON DUBOIS; Fiscal Year: 2012..Along these lines, we have found that a particular enzyme, cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2), is upregulated in colorectal cancer tissue and in pre-malignant adenomas...
- Donita C Brady; Fiscal Year: 2015..D., during my Carolina Summer Research Fellowship, and later as a graduate student in the lab of Adrienne D. Cox, Ph.D. Currently I am a post-doctoral fellow in the lab of Christopher M. Counter, Ph.D., at Duke University...
- Francis M Giardiello; Fiscal Year: 2015..for proliferating cell nuclear antigen), apoptosis (apoptotic index by morphologic measurement and TUNEL assay), and cyclooxygenase- 2 levels (immunohistochemistry and qRT-PCR assessment of COX-2 mRNA).
- Omega-3 Fatty Acid Effects on Pancreatitis and Adenocarcinoma DevelopmentChristopher A Jolly; Fiscal Year: 2013..To test this hypothesis, we will use the cyclooxygenase 2 (COX-2) transgenic mouse model fed diets enriched in either the omega-3 fatty acid eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) or the ..
- Multimodality Imaging of GI Cancers for Diagnosis and Directed TherapyChristopher H Contag; Fiscal Year: 2013..Probes include peptides, selected for binding to dysplastic epithelium, and compounds directed at COX-2 as an intracellular marker of malignancy...
- Giovanni Manfredi; Fiscal Year: 2014..and synthesis pathways in vivo in a mouse model of RC defect caused by genetic disruption of cytochrome c oxidase (COX) assembly, resulting in a progressive mitochondriopathy...