Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: cyclin D1
Description: cyclin D1
Alias: BCL1, D11S287E, PRAD1, U21B31, G1/S-specific cyclin-D1, B-cell CLL/lymphoma 1, B-cell lymphoma 1 protein, BCL-1 oncogene, PRAD1 oncogene
Publications322 found, 100 shown here
- p53 represses cyclin D1 transcription through down regulation of Bcl-3 and inducing increased association of the p52 NF-kappaB subunit with histone deacetylase 1Sonia Rocha
School of Life Sciences, Division of Gene Expression and Regulation, University of Dundee, Scotland, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 23:4713-27. 2003..Upon induction of p53 in H1299 or U-2 OS cells, we observed specific repression of cyclin D1 promoter activity, correlating with a decrease in cyclin D1 protein and mRNA levels...
- STAT5 and Oct-1 form a stable complex that modulates cyclin D1 expressionSophie Magné
Department of Hematology, Institut Cochin, INSERM U567, CNRS UMR 8104, Universite Rene Descartes, 123 Boulevard Port Royal, 75014 Paris, France
Mol Cell Biol 23:8934-45. 2003..Among the target genes involved in cell growth, STAT5 had been shown to activate cyclin D1 gene expression...
- Phosphorylation-dependent ubiquitination of cyclin D1 by the SCF(FBX4-alphaB crystallin) complexDouglas I Lin
The Leonard and Madlyn Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute and Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Mol Cell 24:355-66. 2006Growth factor-dependent accumulation of the cyclin D1 proto-oncogene is balanced by its rapid phosphorylation-dependent proteolysis...
- Osmotic stress regulates the stability of cyclin D1 in a p38SAPK2-dependent mannerO Casanovas
Departament de Biologia Cellular i Anatomia Patologica, Facultat de Medicina, Institut d Investigacions Biomèdiques August Pi Sunyer, University of Barcelona, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
J Biol Chem 275:35091-7. 2000We report here that different cell stresses regulate the stability of cyclin D1 protein. Exposition of Granta 519 cells to osmotic shock, oxidative stress, and arsenite induced the post-transcriptional down-regulation of cyclin D1...
- VHL-mediated hypoxia regulation of cyclin D1 in renal carcinoma cellsRanjit S Bindra
Cell Biology and Metabolism Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cancer Res 62:3014-9. 2002..Here, we report that cyclin D1 is overexpressed and remains inappropriately high in during contact inhibition in pVHL-deficient cell lines...
- miR-15a and miR-16-1 downregulate CCND1 and induce apoptosis and cell cycle arrest in osteosarcomaCheng Kui Cai
Department of Orthopedic Surgery Center and Orthopedic Oncology Institute of People s Liberation Army, Tangdu Hospital, Fourth Military Medical University, Xi an, Shaanxi 710038, PR China
Oncol Rep 28:1764-70. 2012..Recent studies have shown that cyclin D1 plays a key regulatory role during cell proliferation, and non-coding microRNAs (miRNAs) act as crucial ..
- HIV-1 Tat promotes Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus (KSHV) vIL-6-induced angiogenesis and tumorigenesis by regulating PI3K/PTEN/AKT/GSK-3β signaling pathwayFeng Zhou
State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 8:e53145. 2013..an allograft model, Tat promotes vIL-6-induced tumorigenesis and expression of CD31, CD34, SMA, VEGF, b-FGF, and cyclin D1. Mechanistic studies indicated Tat activates PI3K and AKT, and inactivates PTEN and GSK-3β in vIL-6 expressing ..
- A cyclin-D1 interaction with BAX underlies its oncogenic role and potential as a therapeutic target in mantle cell lymphomaElena Beltran
Center for Applied Medical Research, University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:12461-6. 2011..This effective combination therapy also might be exploited in other cyclin-D1-expressing tumors...
- A new regulatory motif in cell-cycle control causing specific inhibition of cyclin D/CDK4M Serrano
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, New York 11724
Nature 366:704-7. 1993..p16 seems to act in a regulatory feedback circuit with CDK4, D-type cyclins and retinoblastoma protein...
- A cohort study of cyclin D1 expression and prognosis in 602 colon cancer casesShuji Ogino
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:4431-8. 2009b>Cyclin D1 and cyclin-dependent kinases (CDK) are commonly activated in colorectal cancer. The activity of cyclin D1 can be blocked by CDK inhibitors, including p27 (CDKN1B) and p21 (CDKN1A, which is induced by p53)...
- Hemin inhibits cyclin D1 and IGF-1 expression via STAT5b under hypoxia in ERalpha-negative MDA-MB 231 breast cancer cellsEun Joung Lim
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, and Institute of Biomedical Science and Technology, Konkuk University, Seoul 143 701, Korea
Int J Oncol 36:1243-51. 2010b>Cyclin D1 and insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor (IGF-1R) are key regulators of cell proliferation that are overexpressed in most breast cancers...
- Cyclin D1 G870A polymorphism and risk of nasopharyngeal carcinoma: a meta-analysisMeng Li
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Zhejiang Hospital, Hangzhou 310013, China Zhejiang Provincial Key Lab of Geriatrics, Hangzhou 310013, China
ScientificWorldJournal 2013:689048. 2013Recently, there have been a number of studies on the association between cyclin D1 G870A polymorphism and nasopharyngeal carcinoma risk. However, the results of previous reports remain controversial and ambiguous...
- Cyclin D1 (CCND1) G870A polymorphisms and cervical cancer susceptibility: a meta-analysis based on ten case-control studiesYongfu Wu
Department of Pharmacology, Guangdong Medical College, Zhanjiang, Guangdong, 524023, China
Tumour Biol 35:6913-8. 2014Many studies have evaluated the association between cyclin D1 (CCND1) G870A polymorphism and cervical cancer susceptibility. However, these studies showed inconsistent results...
- Cdk6-cyclin D3 complex evades inhibition by inhibitor proteins and uniquely controls cell's proliferation competenceJ Lin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Oncogene 20:2000-9. 2001..These results suggest a role for the Cdk6-D3 complex in regulating cell's proliferation ability in response to external stimuli...
- Regulation of IGF-1-dependent cyclin D1 and E expression by hEag1 channels in MCF-7 cells: the critical role of hEag1 channels in G1 phase progressionAnne Sophie Borowiec
Laboratoire de Physiologie Cellulaire, JE2530, Universite de Picardie Jules Verne, 33 rue St Leu, Amiens, 80039, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1813:723-30. 2011..As expected, IGF-1 increased cyclin D1 and E expression of MCF-7 cells in a cyclic manner, whereas the increase of CDK4 and 2 levels was sustained...
- Synergy between Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus (KSHV) vIL-6 and HIV-1 Nef protein in promotion of angiogenesis and oncogenesis: role of the AKT signaling pathwayX Zhu
1 State Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, PR China 2 Key Laboratory of Pathogen Biology of Jiangsu Province, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, PR China 3 Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, PR China 4 Department of Laboratory Medicine, Jiangsu Province Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Nanjing, PR China
Oncogene 33:1986-96. 2014..These novel findings also suggest that targeting the PI3K/AKT signal may be a potentially effective therapeutic approach in AIDS-KS patients...
- Small interfering RNAs targeting cyclin D1 and cyclin D2 enhance the cytotoxicity of chemotherapeutic agents in mantle cell lymphoma cell linesKatrin Tiemann
Division of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope, Duarte, CA 91010, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 52:2148-54. 2011b>Cyclin D1 (CCND1) is a known cell cycle regulator whose overexpression is a hallmark of mantle cell lymphoma (MCL)...
- ChIP sequencing of cyclin D1 reveals a transcriptional role in chromosomal instability in miceMathew C Casimiro
Department of Cancer Biology, Thomas Jefferson University and Hospital, Kimmel Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Clin Invest 122:833-43. 2012..CCND1 (which encodes cyclin D1) is overexpressed in human malignancies and has been shown to play a direct role in transcriptional regulation...
- Cyclin D1 A870G polymorphism and amplification in laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma: implications of tumor localization and tobacco exposureEurico Monteiro
Department of ORL, Portuguese Institute of Oncology Porto, Rua Antonio Bernardino Almeida, 4200 072, Portugal
Cancer Detect Prev 28:237-43. 2004Altered Cyclin D1 activity, due to gene amplification and/or protein overexpression, is related to the development of several human cancers, including head and neck SCC...
- Cyclin D dysregulation: an early and unifying pathogenic event in multiple myelomaP Leif Bergsagel
Mayo Clinic Scottsdale, Comprehensive Cancer Center and Division of Hematology Oncology, Scottsdale, AZ, USA
Blood 106:296-303. 2005..b>Cyclin D1, D2, or D3 expression appears to be increased and/or dysregulated in virtually all MM tumors despite their low ..
- CyclinD1 and interleukin-1 receptor antagonist polymorphisms are associated with prognosis in neoadjuvant-treated gastric carcinomaGertraud Stocker
Institute of Pathology, Technische Universitat Munchen, Trogerstr 18, 81675 Munchen, Germany
Eur J Cancer 45:3326-35. 2009..We evaluated DNA polymorphisms in genes related to DNA repair, cell-cycle control and tumour microenvironment to determine possible associations with response and survival in neoadjuvant-treated gastric cancer patients...
- Apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 and cyclin D1 compose a positive feedback loop contributing to tumor growth in gastric cancerYoku Hayakawa
Department of Gastroenterology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:780-5. 2011..siRNA inhibited cell proliferation through the accumulation of cells in G1 phase of the cell cycle, and reduced cyclin D1 expression in gastric cancer cells, whereas these effects were uncommon in other cancer cells...
- Myc/miR-378/TOB2/cyclin D1 functional module regulates oncogenic transformationM Feng
Department of Cancer Biology and Pharmacology, Genome Institute of Singapore, A STAR Agency for Science, Technology and Research, Biopolis, Singapore
Oncogene 30:2242-51. 2011..TOB2, which is further elucidated as a candidate tumor suppressor to transcriptionally repress proto-oncogene cyclin D1. Therefore, our study identifies miR-378-TOB2-cyclin D1 as a functional module to mediate the cross talk between ..
- Galectin-3 enhances cyclin D(1) promoter activity through SP1 and a cAMP-responsive element in human breast epithelial cellsHuei Min Lin
Department of Pathology, Wayne State University, School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan, MI 48201, USA
Oncogene 21:8001-10. 2002..The present study reveals a growth promoting activity of galectin-3 through cyclin D(1) induction, and suggests a novel function of nuclear galectin-3 in the regulation of gene transcription...
- HIV-1 Tat regulates endothelial cell cycle progression via activation of the Ras/ERK MAPK signaling pathwayElena Toschi
AIDS National Center, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, 00161 Rome, Italy
Mol Biol Cell 17:1985-94. 2006..Taken together, these data provide novel evidence about the ability of Tat to activate the Ras-ERK cascade which may be relevant for endothelial cell proliferation and for Kaposi's sarcoma progression...
- The consensus motif for phosphorylation by cyclin D1-Cdk4 is different from that for phosphorylation by cyclin A/E-Cdk2M Kitagawa
Banyu Tsukuba Research Institute in collaboration with Merck Research Laboratories, Tsukuba, Japan
EMBO J 15:7060-9. 1996..We found that the consensus amino acid sequence for phosphorylation by cyclin D1-Cdk4 is different from S/T-P-X-K/R, which is the consensus sequence for phosphorylation by cyclin A/E-Cdk2 using ..
- BRAF mutations, microsatellite instability status and cyclin D1 expression predict metastatic colorectal patients' outcomeZ Saridaki
Laboratory of Tumor Cell Biology, School of Medicine, University of Crete, Crete, Greece
Br J Cancer 102:1762-8. 2010The significance of BRAF mutations, microsatelite instability (MSI) status and cyclin D1 expression in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer (mCRC) was evaluated.
- Overexpression of hyaluronan-binding protein 1 (HABP1/p32/gC1qR) in HepG2 cells leads to increased hyaluronan synthesis and cell proliferation by up-regulation of cyclin D1 in AKT-dependent pathwayRachna Kaul
Biochemistry Laboratory, School of Environmental Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi 110067, India
J Biol Chem 287:19750-64. 2012..supported by activation of MAP kinase and AKT-mediated cell survival pathways, which leads to an increase in CYCLIN D1 promoter activity...
- Peripheral T-cell Lymphoma with Cyclin D1 overexpression: a case reportGabriella Aquino
Pathology Unit, National Cancer Institute Fondazione Giovanni Pascale, Via Mariano Semmola, 80131 Napoli, Italy
Diagn Pathol 7:79. 2012..We report a case of peripheral T-cell lymphoma not otherwise specified with heterogeneous nuclear cyclin D1 immunohistochemical overexpression, due to gene copy gain, a phenomenon similar to that observed in mantle cell ..
- Cyclin D1 splice variants. Differential effects on localization, RB phosphorylation, and cellular transformationDavid A Solomon
Department of Cell Biology, University of Cincinnati, Vontz Center for Molecular Studies, Cincinnati, Ohio 45267 0521, USA
J Biol Chem 278:30339-47. 2003b>Cyclin D1 is a proto-oncogene that functions by inactivation of the retinoblastoma tumor suppressor protein, RB...
- Truncation in CCND1 mRNA alters miR-16-1 regulation in mantle cell lymphomaRobert W Chen
Division of Medical Oncology, University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Blood 112:822-9. 2008b>Cyclin D1 (CCND1) is a well-known regulator of cell-cycle progression. It is overexpressed in several types of cancer including breast, lung, squamous, neuroblastoma, and lymphomas...
- Cyclin D1 Pro241Pro (CCND1-G870A) polymorphism is associated with increased cancer risk in human populations: a meta-analysisNoel Pabalan
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, 60 Murray Street, Room L6 304, Box 29, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5T 3L9
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:2773-81. 2008..6-7.1). In conclusion, our study strongly supports the increased cancer risk associated with CCND1-A870G polymorphism in the human population...
- Combined effect of CCND1 and COMT polymorphisms and increased breast cancer riskUmmiye V Onay
Fred A, Litwin Centre for Cancer Genetics, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BMC Cancer 8:6. 2008..Several studies have also shown the relationship between estrogen and cell cycle progression through activation of CCND1 transcription...
- DACH1 is a cell fate determination factor that inhibits cyclin D1 and breast tumor growthKongming Wu
Kimmel Cancer Center, Department of Cancer Biology, Bluemle Life Sciences Building, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:7116-29. 2006..Genetic deletion studies demonstrated a requirement for cyclin D1 in DACH1-mediated inhibition of DNA synthesis...
- Correlation of cyclin D1 expression with aggressive DNA pattern in patients with tobacco-related intraoral squamous cell carcinomaSatya N Das
Department of Biotechnology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India
Indian J Med Res 133:381-6. 2011b>Cyclin D1 has been strongly implicated in cell proliferation particularly in the G1/S checkpoint of the cell cycle, and prognoses in human malignancies...
- Cyclin d1 expression and its correlation with histopathological differentiation in oral squamous cell carcinomaSwati Saawarn
Department of Oral Pathology and Microbiology, Peoples Dental Academy, Bhanpur, Bhopal, 462037 MP, India
ScientificWorldJournal 2012:978327. 2012b>Cyclin D1 regulates the G1 to S transition of cell cycle. Its deregulation or overexpression may lead to disturbance in the normal cell cycle control and tumour formation...
- Cyclin D1 G870A polymorphism and risk of colorectal cancer: a case control studyAga Syed Sameer
Department of Immunology and Molecular Medicine, Sher I Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences, Soura, Srinagar, Kashmir, India
Mol Med Rep 7:811-5. 2013..This study suggests that the cyclin D1 polymorphism is associated with an increased risk of CRC in the Kashmiri population...
- Cyclin D1-a prognostic marker in oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma that is tightly associated with high-risk human papillomavirus statusJuliette B Scantlebury
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Washington University, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Hum Pathol 44:1672-80. 2013..We analyzed cyclin D1 immunostaining on a tissue microarray of patients with known clinical follow-up and p16 and human papillomavirus ..
- CCND1 G870A polymorphism with altered cyclin D1 transcripts expression is associated with the risk of glioma in a Chinese populationXiangMei Chen
Department of Microbiology, School of Basic Medical Science, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, China
DNA Cell Biol 31:1107-13. 2012..008, p=0.004, respectively). In conclusion, our data indicate that the CCND1 G870A polymorphism modulated oncogenic cyclin D1b expression in glioma tissues and may be associated with an increased risk of gliomas in Chinese population...
- PAX2 protein induces expression of cyclin D1 through activating AP-1 protein and promotes proliferation of colon cancer cellsHai Sheng Zhang
Key Laboratory of Nutrition and Metabolism, Institute for Nutritional Sciences, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
J Biol Chem 287:44164-72. 2012..Inhibition of PAX2 results in a decreased expression of cyclin D1. Expression of cyclin D1 is found increased in human primary colon malignant tumors, and its expression is ..
- T3 enhances thyroid cancer cell proliferation through TRβ1/Oct-1-mediated cyclin D1 activationAnna Perri
Centro Sanitario, University of Calabria, Rende, Italy
Mol Cell Endocrinol 382:205-17. 2014..that T3 induced proliferation in papillary thyroid carcinoma cell lines concomitantly with an up-regulation of cyclin D1 expression, that is a critical mitogen-regulated cell-cycle control element...
- Characterization of a candidate bcl-1 geneD A Withers
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco
Mol Cell Biol 11:4846-53. 1991..This observation may provide a molecular basis for distinct modes of cell cycle control in different mammalian tissues. Activation of the bcl-1 gene may be oncogenic by directly altering progression through the cell cycle...
- Ligand-independent recruitment of steroid receptor coactivators to estrogen receptor by cyclin D1R M Zwijsen
Division of Molecular Carcinogenesis, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Genes Dev 12:3488-98. 1998..b>Cyclin D1 is frequently amplified in breast cancer and can activate ER through direct binding...
- Association of cyclin D1 genotype with breast cancer risk and survivalXiao Ou Shu
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Center for Health Services Research, 6th Floor, Medical Center East, Nashville, TN 37232 8300, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:91-7. 2005b>Cyclin D1 (CCND1) is a key cell cycle regulatory protein that governs cell cycle progression from the G(1) to S phase...
- Association of the A870G cyclin D1 gene polymorphism with genetic susceptibility to nasopharyngeal carcinomaRaquel J Catarino
Molecular Oncology Unit, Instituto Portugues de Oncologia, Porto, Laboratorios, Piso 4, Unit of Molecular Oncology, R Dr Ant Bernardino Almeida, 4200 072 Porto, Portugal
Head Neck 28:603-8. 2006Nasopharyngeal cancer (NPC) is multifactorial, and the genetic background may be a crucial etiologic factor. Cyclin D1 (CCND1) is a key regulator of the cell cycle, and its altered activity is associated with the development of cancer.
- Adrenomedullin promotes cell cycle transit and up-regulates cyclin D1 protein level in human glioblastoma cells through the activation of c-Jun/JNK/AP-1 signal transduction pathwayL Houcine Ouafik
INSERM UMR 911 CRO2, Angiogenèse, invasivité et micro environnement tumoral, Faculte de Medecine Secteur Nord, Boulevard Pierre Dramard, 13916 Marseille Cedex 20, France
Cell Signal 21:597-608. 2009..adrenomedullin was shown to promote cell transit beyond cell cycle phases with a concomittant increase in cyclin D1 protein level, suggesting that adrenomedullin effects cell proliferation through up-regulation of cyclin D1...
- Regulated expression of cofilin and the consequent regulation of p27(kip1) are essential for G(1) phase progressionCheng Han Tsai
Department of Biomedical Imaging and Radiological Sciences, School of Biomedical Science and Engineering, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Cell Cycle 8:2365-74. 2009..Upregulated p27(kip1) repressed phosphorylation of the retinoblastoma protein (Rb) mediated by cyclin D1/CDK4 activity...
- Cyclin D1 splice variants: polymorphism, risk, and isoform-specific regulation in prostate cancerClay E S Comstock
Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:5338-49. 2009..Here, the frequency, tumor relevance, and mechanisms controlling cyclin D1b were challenged...
- CCND1 and CDKN1B polymorphisms and risk of breast cancerEmel Canbay
General Surgery, Basaksehir State Hospital, Istanbul 34230, Turkey
Anticancer Res 30:3093-8. 2010..However, the results of these studies remain controversial. Cyclin D1 (CCND1) and p27(KIP1) (CDKN1B) are two essential regulators of cell cycle progression...
- Toll-like receptor-9 agonists increase cyclin D1 expression partly through activation of activator protein-1 in human oral squamous cell carcinoma cellsRuan Min
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Stomotology, Shanghai, China
Cancer Sci 103:1938-45. 2012..Increased cyclin D1 expression was detected in the nuclear region after CpG-ODN treatment...
- Co-existence of cyclin D1 and vascular endothelial growth factor protein expression is a poor prognostic factor for UICC stage I-III colorectal cancer patients after curative resectionHsiang Lin Tsai
Graduate Institute of Medicine, College of Medicine, Kaohsiung Medical University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Surg Oncol 107:148-54. 2013..Studies have indicated vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is the predominant angiogenic factor. Cyclin D1 (CCND1) induces production of VEGF and is required for migration of blood vessels...
- Effect of estrogen and tamoxifen on the expression pattern of AP-1 factors in MCF-7 cells: role of c-Jun, c-Fos, and Fra-1 in cell cycle regulationR L Babu
Department of Microbiology and Biotechnology, Bangalore University, Bangalore, 560 056 Karnataka, India
Mol Cell Biochem 380:143-51. 2013..E2 also found to induce cyclin D1 and cyclin E1 mRNA transcripts of cell cycle regulators while TMX significantly decreased compared to control...
- Association of cyclin D1 (G870A) polymorphism with susceptibility to esophageal and gastric cardiac carcinoma in a northern Chinese populationJianhui Zhang
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hebei Cancer Institute, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang, People s Republic of China
Int J Cancer 105:281-4. 2003Our aim was to investigate the association of cyclin D1 (G870A) single nucleotide polymorphism with susceptibility to esophageal and cardiac carcinoma in a northern Chinese population...
- Construction of a cyclin D1-Cdk2 fusion protein to model the biological functions of cyclin D1-Cdk2 complexesAnna Chytil
Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Biol Chem 279:47688-98. 2004b>Cyclin D1 is frequently overexpressed in human breast cancers, and cyclin D1 overexpression correlates with poor prognosis...
- Prognostic value of cyclin D1 overexpression in correlation with pRb and p53 status in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)Dorota Dworakowska
Department of Internal Medicine, Endocrinology and Haemostatic Disorders, Medical University of Gdansk, Debinki 7 str, 80 211, Gdansk, Poland
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 131:479-85. 2005The aim of this study was to assess the impact of cyclin D1 overexpression (considered separately or jointly with previously assessed p53 and pRb statuses) on survival in a group of 111 surgically treated non-small cell lung cancer ..
- Impact of the cyclin D1 A870G polymorphism on susceptibility to sporadic colorectal cancer in TaiwanWen Shih Huang
Division of Colon and Rectal Surgery, Department of Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Putz City, Chiayi County, Taiwan
Dis Colon Rectum 49:602-8. 2006b>Cyclin D1 is a regulatory protein involved in the cell cycle of both normal and neoplastic cells...
- Inhibition of cyclin D1 expression by cyclin D1 shRNAs in human oral squamous cell carcinoma cells is associated with increased cisplatin chemosensitivityXiaojian Zhou
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Ninth People s Hospital, School of Stomatology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
Int J Cancer 124:483-9. 2009b>Cyclin D1 is a well-known cell cycle regulator. Recently, its pro-survival function has been revealed in several tumors...
- A genotype-phenotype examination of cyclin D1 on risk and outcome of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckCarmen J Marsit
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:2371-7. 2008The variant allele of CCND1 G870A encodes a splice variant of the cyclin D1 protein, which possesses an increased half-life...
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Tat modulates proliferation and differentiation of human neural precursor cells: implication in NeuroAIDSMamata Mishra
Molecular and Cellular Neuroscience, National Brain Research Center, Manesar, Haryana, India
J Neurovirol 16:355-67. 2010..Tat alters the properties of human neural precursor cells via attenuation of the cell cycle regulatory unit cyclin D1 and the mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathway, particularly extracellular signal-related kinase 1/2 (..
- Polymorphism of the cyclin D1 gene, CCND1, and risk for incident sporadic colorectal adenomasRyan C Lewis
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Norman J Arnold School of Public Health, University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina, USA
Cancer Res 63:8549-53. 2003b>Cyclin D1, encoded by the CCND1 gene and activated by the adenomatous polyposis coli-beta-catenin-T-cell factor/lymphoid enhancing factor pathway, induces G(1) to S-phase cell cycle transition, promoting cell proliferation...
- Deletion in chromosome 11 and Bcl-1/Cyclin D1 alterations are independently associated with the development of uterine cervical carcinomaRatnesh Kumar Singh
Department of Oncogene Regulation, Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute, 37 S P Mukherjee Road, 700026, Kolkata, India
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 131:395-406. 2005..11) and alteration (amplification/rearrangement) of Bcl-1/Cyclin D1 locus, located at 11q13, in uterine cervical carcinoma (CA-CX).
- TIMP-1 regulation of cell cycle in human breast epithelial cells via stabilization of p27(KIP1) proteinM E Taube
Department of Pathology, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Oncogene 25:3041-8. 2006....
- Mutant B-RAF signaling and cyclin D1 regulate Cks1/S-phase kinase-associated protein 2-mediated degradation of p27Kip1 in human melanoma cellsK V Bhatt
Center for Cell Biology and Cancer Research, 47 New Scotland Avenue, Albany Medical College, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Oncogene 26:1056-66. 2007..In melanoma, cyclin D1 is highly expressed and downregulation of the Cdk inhibitor, p27(Kip1), is associated with a poor prognosis...
- Lactococcus lactis ssp. lactis inhibits the proliferation of SNU-1 human stomach cancer cells through induction of G0/G1 cell cycle arrest and apoptosis via p53 and p21 expressionSeo Young Kim
Major in Biomodulation, Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1171:270-5. 2009..G0/G1 cell cycle arrest, which was associated with an increase in p53 and p21 expression, the reduction of cyclin D1 expression, and retinoblastoma protein phosphorylation. L...
- Expression of phosphorylated Stat5 predicts expression of cyclin D1 and correlates with poor prognosis of colonic adenocarcinomaYinling Mao
Department of Gastrointestinal Medical Oncology, The Affiliated Tumor Hospital of Harbin Medical University, No 150, Haping Road, Harbin, Heilongjiang Province 150040, China
Int J Colorectal Dis 26:29-35. 2011..to investigate the correlation between phosphorylated Stat5 (p-Stat5) expression and cell cycle regulators (cyclin D1) expression in colonic adenocarcinoma and the relationship between expression of these two proteins and various ..
- Regulation of PCNA and cyclin D1 expression and epithelial morphogenesis by the ZO-1-regulated transcription factor ZONAB/DbpATony Sourisseau
Division of Cell Biology, Institute of Ophthalmology, University College London, Bath Street, London EC1V 9EL, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 26:2387-98. 2006..For proliferative cell nuclear antigen and cyclin D1 genes, we show that increased mRNA levels resulted in increased protein levels and we identified ZONAB-..
- p27KIP-1, cyclin A and cyclin D1 protein expression in ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast: p27KIP-1 correlates with hormone receptor status but not with local recurrenceEwan K A Millar
Department of Anatomical Pathology, South Eastern Area Laboratory Service, St George Hospital, NSW, Australia
Pathol Int 57:183-9. 2007Using whole sections of formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded material the expression of p27(KIP-1), cyclin A and cyclin D1 was examined in 60 cases of ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) using routine immunohistochemistry with a median follow up ..
- Notch-1 regulates Akt signaling pathway and the expression of cell cycle regulatory proteins cyclin D1, CDK2 and p21 in T-ALL cell linesDongmei Guo
Department of Hematology, Qilu Hospital, Shandong University, 107 West Wenhua Road, Jinan, Shandong 250012, PR China
Leuk Res 33:678-85. 2009..down-regulation of Notch-1 may be mediated through regulating the expression of cell cycle regulatory proteins cyclin D1, CDK2 and p21 and the activity of Akt signaling...
- A novel cyclin encoded by a bcl1-linked candidate oncogeneT Motokura
Endocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
Nature 350:512-5. 1991We have previously identified a candidate oncogene (PRAD1 or D11S287E) on chromosome 11q13 which is clonally rearranged with the parathyroid hormone locus in a subset of benign parathyroid tumours...
- Cyclin D1 repression of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma expression and transactivationChenguang Wang
Department of Oncology, Lombardi Cancer Center, Georgetown University, Washington, D C 20007, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:6159-73. 2003The cyclin D1 gene is overexpressed in human breast cancers and is required for oncogene-induced tumorigenesis...
- Integrin-dependent signal transduction regulating cyclin D1 expression and G1 phase cell cycle progressionJanice L Walker
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6084, USA
Cancer Metastasis Rev 24:383-93. 2005..receptors controls the activation of the G1 phase cyclin-dependent kinases, largely by regulating levels of cyclin D1 and p27(kip1)...
- Integrative analysis of cyclin protein levels identifies cyclin b1 as a classifier and predictor of outcomes in breast cancerRoshan Agarwal
The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center MDACC, Houston, Texas, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:3654-62. 2009..We studied the expression levels of cyclins B1, D1, and E1 and the implications of cyclin overexpression for patient outcomes in distinct breast cancer subtypes defined by clinical variables and transcriptional profiling...
- Cyclin D1/cyclin-dependent kinase 4 interacts with filamin A and affects the migration and invasion potential of breast cancer cellsZhijiu Zhong
Kimmel Cancer Center, Department of Cancer Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Cancer Res 70:2105-14. 2010b>Cyclin D1 belongs to a family of proteins that regulate progression through the G1-S phase of the cell cycle by binding to cyclin-dependent kinase (cdk)-4 to phosphorylate the retinoblastoma protein and release E2F transcription factors ..
- Knockdown of cyclin D1 inhibits proliferation, induces apoptosis, and attenuates the invasive capacity of human glioblastoma cellsJunyu Wang
Department of Neurosurgery, Changzheng Hospital, Second Military Medical University, No 415 Fengyang Road, Shanghai, 200003, People s Republic of China
J Neurooncol 106:473-84. 2012Elevated cyclin D1 (CCND1) in human glioblastoma correlates with poor clinical prognosis...
- The glucocorticoid receptor represses cyclin D1 by targeting the Tcf-beta-catenin complexSachiko Takayama
Institute of Molecular Biology and Department of Chemistry, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403 1229, USA
J Biol Chem 281:17856-63. 2006..cells whose proliferation is either positively or negatively regulated by GCs, we identified c-myc, c-jun, and cyclin D1, which encode rate-limiting factors for G(1) progression of the cell cycle...
- Cyclin D1 functions in cell migrationZhiping Li
Department of Cancer Biology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
Cell Cycle 5:2440-2. 2006..A recent study reveals that cyclin D1 acts to promote cell migration by inhibiting Rho/ROCK signaling and expression of thrombospondin-1 (TSP-1), an ..
- The association of cyclin D1 G870A and E-cadherin C-160A polymorphisms with the risk of colorectal cancer in a case control study and meta-analysisXiang Lin Tan
Division of Cancer Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Cancer 122:2573-80. 2008b>Cyclin D1 (CCND1) and E-cadherin (CDH1) have been shown to be important genes of the beta-catenin/LEF pathway that is involved in colorectal carcinogenesis...
- CDK-independent activation of estrogen receptor by cyclin D1R M Zwijsen
Department of Tumor Biology, Netherlands Cancer Institute Antoni van Leeuwenhoekhuis, Amsterdam
Cell 88:405-15. 1997Both cyclin D1 and estrogens have an essential role in regulating proliferation of breast epithelial cells...
- NDRG2 suppresses cell proliferation through down-regulation of AP-1 activity in human colon carcinoma cellsYoung Jun Kim
Stem Cell Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Daejeon 305 333, Republic of Korea
Int J Cancer 124:7-15. 2009..Subsequently, the down-regulation of cyclin D1, which is known as a major target for AP-1 transcription activator, resulted in cell cycle arrest at G1/S phase...
- Cyclin D1 polymorphism and expression in patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckS L Holley
Centre for Cell and Molecular Medicine, University of Keele School of Postgraduate Medicine, North Staffordshire Hospital, Stoke on Trent, United Kingdom
Am J Pathol 159:1917-24. 2001We have previously reported that the cyclin D1 (CCND1) GG870 genotype was associated with poorly differentiated tumors and reduced disease-free interval in patients with squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN)...
- Cyclin D1 polymorphism and the susceptibility to NPC using DHPLCLin Deng
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Cancer Research Institute, Xiang Ya School of Medicine, Central South University, Changsha 410078, China
Sheng Wu Hua Xue Yu Sheng Wu Wu Li Xue Bao (Shanghai) 34:16-20. 2002b>Cyclin D1 is a key cell cycle regulator and a candidate proto-oncogene, whose deregulation has been implicated in pathogenesis of several types of cancers, including NPC...
- The HTLV-1 tax protein cooperates with phosphorylated CREB, TORC2 and p300 to activate CRE-dependent cyclin D1 transcriptionY M Kim
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1870, USA
Oncogene 29:2142-52. 2010..b>Cyclin D1 is a pivotal regulator of cell cycle progression, and increased expression strongly correlates with malignant ..
- Distinct nongenomic signal transduction pathways controlled by 17beta-estradiol regulate DNA synthesis and cyclin D(1) gene transcription in HepG2 cellsMaria Marino
Dipartimento di Biologia, Universita Roma Tre, I 00146 Rome, Italy
Mol Biol Cell 13:3720-9. 2002....
- Yin Yang-1 inhibits vascular smooth muscle cell growth and intimal thickening by repressing p21WAF1/Cip1 transcription and p21WAF1/Cip1-Cdk4-cyclin D1 assemblyFernando S Santiago
Centre for Vascular Research, Department of Pathology, University of New South Wales, and Department of Haematology, The Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Circ Res 101:146-55. 2007..YY1 inhibits p21(WAF1/Cip1) transcription, prevents assembly of a p21(WAF1/Cip1)-cdk4-cyclin D1 complex, and blocks downstream pRb(Ser249/Thr252) phosphorylation and expression of PCNA and TK-1...
- Cyclin D1 and CDK4 activity contribute to the undifferentiated phenotype in neuroblastomaJan J Molenaar
Department of Human Genetics, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Cancer Res 68:2599-609. 2008Genomic aberrations of Cyclin D1 (CCND1), CDK4, and CDK6 in neuroblastoma indicate that dysregulation of the G(1) entry checkpoint is an important cell cycle aberration in this pediatric tumor...
- Isolation of three novel human cyclins by rescue of G1 cyclin (Cln) function in yeastD J Lew
Department of Molecular Biology, MB7 Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037
Cell 66:1197-206. 1991..Cyclin C and E mRNAs accumulate periodically through the cell cycle, peaking at different times in G1...
- Antizyme targets cyclin D1 for degradation. A novel mechanism for cell growth repressionRuchi M Newman
Program in Vascular Biology and Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 279:41504-11. 2004..We now show that antizyme induction also leads to degradation of the cell cycle regulatory protein cyclin D1. We demonstrate that antizyme is capable of specific, noncovalent association with cyclin D1 and that this ..
- A case-control study of cyclin D1 CCND1 870A-->G polymorphism and bladder cancerVictoria K Cortessis
Department of Preventive Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, 1441 Eastlake Avenue, MC 9175, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Carcinogenesis 24:1645-50. 2003Expression of cyclin D1 is believed to lead to progression through the G1-S cell cycle checkpoint, and both experimental and pathological evidence suggest that over-expression of this protein may increase the risk of several cancers, ..
- Exon III splicing of fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 is modulated by growth factors and cyclin D1Guowei Chen
Department of General, Visceral, and Transplantation Surgery, University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Pancreas 37:159-64. 2008..Nothing is presently known about the expression and regulation of human FGFR1-III isoforms. The aim of this study was to identify regulators modulating the specific expression of human FGFR1-IIIb and FGFR1-IIIc...
- New functional activities for the p21 family of CDK inhibitorsJ LaBaer
Massachusetts General Hospital Cancer Center, Charlestown 02129, USA
Genes Dev 11:847-62. 1997..In agreement with our other data, cyclin D1 and p21 bind concomitantly to cdk4 during the in vivo assembly of cdk4/cyclin D1 complexes...
- Regulation of CDK4 activity by a novel CDK4-binding protein, p34(SEI-1)M Sugimoto
Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Christie Hospital National Health Service Trust, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK
Genes Dev 13:3027-33. 1999..Addition of p34(SEI-1) to cyclin D1-CDK4 renders the complex resistant to inhibition by p16(INK4a)...
- A potential mechanism for fumonisin B(1)-mediated hepatocarcinogenesis: cyclin D1 stabilization associated with activation of Akt and inhibition of GSK-3beta activityD Ramljak
Laboratory of Comparative Carcinogenesis, National Cancer Institute, Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Building 538, Room 205E, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Carcinogenesis 21:1537-46. 2000..Here we show overexpression of cyclin D1 protein in both preneoplastic and neoplastic liver specimens obtained from a long-term feeding study of FB(1) in ..
- A mechanism of cyclin D1 action encoded in the patterns of gene expression in human cancerJustin Lamb
Departments of Medical Oncology and Medicine, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 114:323-34. 2003..how patterns of gene expression in human tumors have been deconvoluted to reveal a mechanism of action for the cyclin D1 oncogene...
- p21-activated kinase-1 signaling mediates cyclin D1 expression in mammary epithelial and cancer cellsSeetharaman Balasenthil
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 279:1422-8. 2004..shown recently to induce hyperplasia in the mammary epithelium, a phenotype also manifested by overexpression of cyclin D1, a known indicator of the proliferative stage...
- Expression of Egr-1, c-fos and cyclin D1 in esophageal cancer and its precursors: An immunohistochemical and in situ hybridization studyMing Yao Wu
Department of Pathology, Shantou University Medical College, 22 Xinling Road, Shantou 515031, Guangdong Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 10:476-80. 2004To examine the expression of Egr-1, c-fos and cyclin D1 at both transcript and protein levels in esophageal carcinoma and to correlate the level of their expressions with precancerous and paracancerous esophageal lesions and esophageal ..
- Disruption of the Rb--Raf-1 interaction inhibits tumor growth and angiogenesisPiyali Dasgupta
Department of Interdisciplinary Oncology, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, University of South Florida, 12902 Magnolia Dr, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:9527-41. 2004..It appears that Raf-1 links mitogenic signaling to Rb and that disruption of this interaction could aid in controlling proliferative disorders...
- Cyclin D1 inhibits peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma-mediated adipogenesis through histone deacetylase recruitmentMaofu Fu
Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Oncology, Georgetown University, Washington, D C 20057, USA
J Biol Chem 280:16934-41. 2005The cyclin D1 gene encodes the labile serum-inducible regulatory subunit of a holoenzyme that phosphorylates and inactivates the retinoblastoma protein...
- Tumor suppressor SMAR1 mediates cyclin D1 repression by recruitment of the SIN3/histone deacetylase 1 complexShravanti Rampalli
National Center for Cell Science, Pune University Campus, Ganeshkhind, Pune 411007, India
Mol Cell Biol 25:8415-29. 2005..Here we show SMAR1 targets the cyclin D1 promoter, a gene product whose dysregulation is attributed to breast malignancies...
- Caveolin-1 mutations in human breast cancer: functional association with estrogen receptor alpha-positive statusTianhong Li
Department of Cancer Biology, Kimmel Cancer Center, Bluemle Life Sciences Building, Room 933, 233 S 10th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Am J Pathol 168:1998-2013. 2006..ERalpha levels and enhanced sensitivity toward estrogen-stimulated growth, with specific up-regulation of cyclin D1. Finally, we discuss the possibility that sporadic Cav-1 mutations may act as an initiating event in human ..
- The multi-step process of human skin carcinogenesis: a role for p53, cyclin D1, hTERT, p16, and TSP-1Bettina Burnworth
Division of Genetics of Skin Carcinogenesis, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum DKFZ, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 86:763-80. 2007..By comparing the expression of p53, cyclin D1, p16, hTERT, and TSP-1 in spontaneously regressing keratoacanthoma (KA) as a paradigm of early neoplasia, with ..
- Aurora-A and Cyclin D1 polymorphisms and the age of onset of colorectal cancer in hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancerBente A Talseth
Discipline of Medical Genetics, Faculty of Health, University of Newcastle, Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Int J Cancer 122:1273-7. 2008Polymorphisms in the 2 cell-cycle control genes Aurora A and Cyclin D1 have previously been associated with changes in the age of onset of colorectal cancer in persons harboring germline mutations in DNA mismatch repair genes associated ..
- Characterization of the 11q13 Amplicon in Oral CancerSusanne Gollin; Fiscal Year: 2006..Amplification of chromosomal band 11q13, which harbors the cyclin D1 gene (CCND1) and other genes, appears to be a relatively early event in oral carcinogenesis, occurs in -45% of ..
- MOLECULAR PATHOGENESIS OF HYPERPARATHYROIDISMAndrew Arnold; Fiscal Year: 2012Primary hyperparathyroidism is a common human endocrinopathy, and cyclin D1 (PRAD1) oncogene overexpression contributes to the pathogenesis of up to 40% of parathyroid adenomas...
- CYCLIN D1-PRAD1 IN MAMMARY NEOPLASIAAndrew Arnold; Fiscal Year: 2005b>Cyclin D1 (PRAD1) has emerged as a major oncogene involved in a variety of human tumors including up to 50 percent of breast cancers...
- DEVELOPING A MOLECULAR MODEL--ORAL CAVITY TUMORIGENESISEdward Sauter; Fiscal Year: 1999..Three candidate genes which are frequently amplified (prad1 and ems1) or mutated (p53) in invasive oral cavity SCC will be analyzed to identify the frequency of these ..
- Neuronal mRNA PET ImagingEric Wickstrom; Fiscal Year: 2010..In the future, beyond the scope of this proposal, nuclear medicine imaging of brain cell gene activity in humans might explain why some individuals become addicted more easily than others. ..
- Social, Genetic Determinants of Blood Pressure in Underserved African AmericansSANDRA MARIE COULON; Fiscal Year: 2013..nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) previously linked to social-environmental and physiologic mechanisms of high BP (Bcl1, rs 41423247;FKBP5, rs1360780;92, rs6198) will be extracted from buccal swab samples and assayed via polymerase ..
- The Meningioma Consortium: Genome-Wide Association StudyElizabeth B Claus; Fiscal Year: 2013..Identification of risk loci for meningioma will likely have strong etiologic significance with importance for both prevention and treatment. ..
- Radiohybridization Imaging of HER2 Oncogene to Detect Breast CancerEric Wickstrom; Fiscal Year: 2010..In the future, imaging multiple breast cancer genes might diagnose estrogen-dependent vs. estrogen-independent breast cancer without an invasive procedure. ..
- Molecular Pathogenesis of Multiple MyelomaPeter Leif Bergsagel; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Clinical Investigation in Tumor ImmunotherapyJeffrey A Sosman; Fiscal Year: 2012..The K24 activities will be integrated with the T32, K12 training grants, and the MSCI courses. ..
- Genetic Alterations Promoting Alcohol Induced Hepatic CarcinogenesisXin Chen; Fiscal Year: 2012..The novel mouse models established in the study will be of great usefulness to further characterize therapeutic interventions to prevent or treat hepatic carcinogenesis in patients with ALD. ..
- NEW STRATEGIES FOR IMMUNOTOXIN THERAPYEllen Vitetta; Fiscal Year: 1993..Two B cell tumor models will be used; the human Daudi cells and the murine BCL1 tumor. Several linkages between antibody and A chain will be compared for efficacy and in vivo stability...
- A novel set of molecular markers to measure metastatic neuroblastomaNai Kong Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2007..Using tumor expression-arrays, we discovered cyclin D1 (CCND1) as a highly promising MRD marker...
- THERAPY OF LYMPHOMAS WITH T CELL RECEPTOR IMMUNOTOXINSGERALD THRUSH; Fiscal Year: 1999..This conjugate will be purified and then used to kill the murine lymphoma, BCL1, in vitro and in vivo...
- Lymphoma Therapy Using Mixed Progenitor TransplantsSamuel Strober; Fiscal Year: 2004The goal of the proposed research is to effectively treat the BCL1, B cell lymphoma, in mice using an in allogeneic bone marrow transportation regimen that will not only eliminate tumor cells without graft versus host disease (GVHD), but ..
- ENDOGENOUS T CELL RESPONSES TO MELANOMAPeter Lee; Fiscal Year: 2001..Using a murine B cell leukemia/lymphoma (BCL1) model, the investigators have shown that a vigorous early anti-tumor T cell response develops even in a tumor-..
- POPULATION STABILITY IN TUMOR DORMANCYRichard Scheuermann; Fiscal Year: 2002..The mouse BCL1 lymphoma system provides an experimental model in which dormancy can be reproducibly established and investigated...
- BCL11 GENES IN NORMAL AND MALIGNANT B CELL DEVELOPMENTPhilip Tucker; Fiscal Year: 2005..Together the data implicate deregulated expression of BCL1 1A in the pathogenesis of divergent subtypes of aggressive human cancers...
- ACHIEVING THE GRAFT VERSUS LEUKEMIA EFFECT WITHOUT GVHDMegan Sykes; Fiscal Year: 1993..We shall attempt to extend our studies to a model involving the murine B cell tumor BCL1 in BALB/c mice...
- Amplicon Profiling by Array CGHDonna Albertson; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- TUMOR IMMUNOTHERAPYRaymond Ranken; Fiscal Year: 1990..Phase I study will determine the effectiveness of LMI administration in two murine tumor models, B16 melanoma and BCL1 lymphoma...
- MALIGNANT GERM CELL TUMORS IN CHILDRENXiao Shu; Fiscal Year: 2001..The relatively large sample size will provide sufficient statistical power to address the hypotheses being investigated. ..
- Molecular Detection of Occult NeuroblastomaIrene Cheung; Fiscal Year: 2004..If these two molecular markers of MRD can independently predict patient outcome, they will in the future provide an objective endpoint for stopping further treatment, and serve as sensitive surrogates for evaluating adjuvant therapies. ..
- Soyfood, gene polymorphisms and endometrial cancer riskXiao Ou Shu; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Breast Cancer Survival: Lifestyle and Genetic DeterminantsXiao Ou Shu; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed study, built on successfully implemented cohort studies, will be extremely timely and cost-efficient. ..
- Fine-mapping of 8q24 and Loci Identified in Genome-Wide Studies for Breast & ColoCHRISTOPHER ALAN HAIMAN; Fiscal Year: 2010..We expect findings from this work to guide the development of future preventive, early detection and prognostic strategies ..
- Hawaii Colorectal Cancer Family RegistryLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2008..We will also propose a CFR pilot study exploring the feasibility of assessing assorted mating as evidence for population stratification. ..
- Regulation of BRCA1 Function by Protein Phosphatase 1Lih Ching Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2009..Lastly, we will also identify regulators of PP1 alpha activity toward BRCA1. ..
- Signaling Pathways in Proliferation and DifferentiationMARK EWEN; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- GENETIC LINKAGE IN COLORECTAL CANCER FAMILESEllen Goode; Fiscal Year: 2008..A key future aim is to combine these families with those of other CRC linkage studies in the US and UK to amass an extensive resource with further increased power to understand CRC genetic susceptibility. ..
- Soy Food and Coronary Heart Disease in WomenXiao Ou Shu; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Aspartame Intake and the Risk of CancerEva Schernhammer; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our results may help decision-makers formulate guidelines and direct future aspartame studies. Even a null finding would be important in this context. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Ethnic/Racial Minorities in the Colon CFRLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Effects of Light at Night on Circadian System in NursesEva Schernhammer; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Case-Control Study of Adenoma in Sao Paulo JapaneseLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Epidemiology of Esophageal Cancer PrognosisGeoffrey Liu; Fiscal Year: 2008..Furthermore, the proposed studies address directly a prioritized research area identified by the NCI Stomach and Esophageal Cancers Progress Review Group (Year 2002). ..
- Clock Genes, Night Work, and Breast Cancer RiskEva Schernhammer; Fiscal Year: 2008..The results from this study could help identify individuals who are more susceptible to night work than others, based on their genetic profile. ..
- Cytotoxic lymphocytes in acute lung injuryMitzi Nagarkatti; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Prognostic Markers for Juvenile Pilocytic AstrocytomasKwong Kwok Wong; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- A Pilot Trial of Oral Melatonin Supplementation in Breast Cancer SurvivorsEva Schernhammer; Fiscal Year: 2007..This pilot data could lay the groundwork for a large scale trial to assess the chemopreventive potential of melatonin in women, both with and without a personal history of breast cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Anticancer Potential of Black Cohosh on Breast CancerLINDA EINBOND; Fiscal Year: 2007..Western blot analysis will be performed to examine possible effects on the expression of cyclin D1 related proteins...
- A Comprehensive Analysis of Genetic Variation in DNA Repair Genes in Relation toChristopher Haiman; Fiscal Year: 2007..The ability to accurately identify high-risk sub-groups may have profound implications on endometrial cancer prevention as well as advance research aimed at targeted drug development. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cortactin in Cell Motility and InvasionScott Weed; Fiscal Year: 2007..Completion of the proposed Aims will provide a better understanding of how cortactin functions in cell migration and tumor cell invasion/metastasis. ..
- Role of CD44 in EC injury and melanoma therapyMitzi Nagarkatti; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed studies also form the basis for prventing EC injury in wide range of clinical manifestations. ..
- Diet, Genetic Susceptibility and Colorectal NeoplasiaLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2006..Genotyping for random markers will permit to exclude residual confounding by ethnicity. ..
- GENES, DIET AND CARCINOGEN ACTIVATION IN SMOKERSLoic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2004..The elucidation of the main enzymes responsible for carcinogen activation and of the impact of dietary factors on these enzymes would have important implications for cancer prevention. ..
- The TGFbeta Pathway, Gene Variants and Colorectal Neopl*Loic Le Marchand; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Chemoprevention of prostate cancer by resveratrolTze Chen Hsieh; Fiscal Year: 2005....