Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DLX5
Description: distal-less homeobox 5
Alias: SHFM1D, homeobox protein DLX-5, distal-less homeo box 5, split hand/foot malformation type 1 with sensorineural hearing loss
Publications242 found, 100 shown here
- Dlxin-1, a novel protein that binds Dlx5 and regulates its transcriptional functionY Masuda
Department of Geriatric Research, National Institute for Longevity Sciences, 36 3 Gengo, Morioka cho, Obu, Aichi 474 8522, Japan
J Biol Chem 276:5331-8. 2001b>Dlx5, a member of the Dlx family of homeodomain proteins, plays a critical role in bone development and fracture healing...
- Gene expression of runx2, Osterix, c-fos, DLX-3, DLX-5, and MSX-2 in dental follicle cells during osteogenic differentiation in vitroC Morsczeck
Stiftung Caesar, Center of Advanced European Studies and Research, Ludwig Erhard Allee 2, Bonn 53175, Germany
Calcif Tissue Int 78:98-102. 2006..These real-time PCR results display molecular mechanisms in dental follicle precursor cells during osteogenic differentiation that are different from those in bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells...
- DLX-1, DLX-2, and DLX-5 expression define distinct stages of basal forebrain differentiationD D Eisenstat
Nina Ireland Laboratory of Developmental Neurobiology, Center for Neurobiology and Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry and Programs in Neuroscience and Developmental Biology, University of California at San Francisco, California 94143 0984, USA
J Comp Neurol 414:217-37. 1999..In the basal telencephalon, these DLX-positive cells differentiate into projection neurons of the striatum and pallidum as well as interneurons, some of which migrate to the cerebral cortex and the olfactory bulb...
- A RING finger protein Praja1 regulates Dlx5-dependent transcription through its ubiquitin ligase activity for the Dlx/Msx-interacting MAGE/Necdin family protein, Dlxin-1Aya Sasaki
Department of Geriatric Research, National Institute for Longevity Sciences, Obu, Aichi 474 8522, Japan
J Biol Chem 277:22541-6. 2002Msx2 and Dlx5 are homeodomain proteins that play an important role in osteoblast differentiation and whose expression is induced by bone morphogenetic proteins...
- Cloning and characterization of two members of the vertebrate Dlx gene familyA Simeone
International Institute of Genetics and Biophysics, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Naples, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:2250-4. 1994..We cloned and studied the expression of two members of this family, which we named Dlx5 and Dlx6, in human and mouse...
- A novel recurrent chromosomal inversion implicates the homeobox gene Dlx5 in T-cell lymphomas from Lck-Akt2 transgenic miceYinfei Tan
Human Genetics Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Cancer Res 68:1296-302. 2008..The proximal breakpoint maps to a region near a locus comprising the linked homeobox/transcription factor genes Dlx5 and Dlx6...
- Activation of placenta-specific transcription factor distal-less homeobox 5 predicts clinical outcome in primary lung cancer patientsTatsuya Kato
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Human Genome Center, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 14:2363-70. 2008..b>DLX5 gene, a member of the human distal-less homeobox transcriptional factor family that is expressed during early ..
- Genome-wide profiling of p63 DNA-binding sites identifies an element that regulates gene expression during limb development in the 7q21 SHFM1 locusEvelyn N Kouwenhoven
Department of Human Genetics, Nijmegen Centre for Molecular Life Sciences, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
PLoS Genet 6:e1001065. 2010..enhancer element in the SHFM1 locus on chromosome 7q and that this element controls expression of DLX6 and possibly DLX5, both of which are important for limb development...
- Identification of a novel DLX5 mutation in a family with autosomal recessive split hand and foot malformationHanan E Shamseldin
Developmental Genetics Unit, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, Riyad 11211, Saudi Arabia
J Med Genet 49:16-20. 2012..7q21.3 (SHFM1) is one of six loci described to date, and although DLX5 and DLX6 are compelling candidates in that locus, no intragenic mutations have been described in either of these ..
- Split hand/split foot malformation with hearing loss: first report of families linked to the SHFM1 locus in 7q21D Tackels-Horne
JC Self Research Institute, Greenwood Genetic Center, SC 29646, USA
Clin Genet 59:28-36. 2001..37 at theta = 0.0 for locus D7S527) at 80% penetrance. Efforts to identify the responsible gene have not yet been successful...
- Msx1/Bmp4 genetic pathway regulates mammalian alveolar bone formation via induction of Dlx5 and Cbfa1Zunyi Zhang
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Tulane University, 2000 Stern Hall, 6400 Freret St, New Orleans, LA 70118, USA zzhang
Mech Dev 120:1469-79. 2003..We show that the expression of Cbfa1 and Dlx5, two genes encode transcription factors that are critical for bone differentiation, overlaps with that of Msx1 and ..
- Expression of Dlx5 and Dlx6 during specification of the elbow jointDeborah Ferrari
Center for Regenerative Medicine and Skeletal Development, Department of Oral Rehabilitation, Biomaterials and Skeletal Development, University of Connecticut Health Center, School of Dental Medicine, Farmington, Connecticut 06030, USA
Int J Dev Biol 50:709-13. 2006..we show that during specification of the elbow joint in the chick limb bud, the homeodomain transcription factors Dlx5 and Dlx6 are highly expressed by a discrete group of cells that encompass the prospective elbow joint...
- Retinoic acid-induced inner ear teratogenesis caused by defective Fgf3/Fgf10-dependent Dlx5 signalingWei Liu
Department of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol 83:134-44. 2008..Retinoic acid (RA) is essential for inner ear development. However, exposure to excess RA at a critical period leads to inner ear defects. These defects are associated with disruption in epithelial-mesenchymal interactions...
- Regulation of Dlx3 gene expression in visceral arches by evolutionarily conserved enhancer elementsKenta Sumiyama
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:4030-4. 2003The mammalian Distal-less (Dlx) clusters (Dlx1-2, Dlx5-6, and Dlx3-7) have a nested expression pattern in developing visceral (branchial) arches...
- The Dlx5 homeobox gene is essential for vestibular morphogenesis in the mouse embryo through a BMP4-mediated pathwayGiorgio R Merlo
Dulbecco Telethon Institute DTI, Advanced Biotechnology Center, Largo R Benzi 10, 16132 Genoa, Italy
Dev Biol 248:157-69. 2002In the mouse embryo, Dlx5 is expressed in the otic placode and vesicle, and later in the semicircular canals of the inner ear...
- Gbx2 is required for the morphogenesis of the mouse inner ear: a downstream candidate of hindbrain signalingZhengshi Lin
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, National Institutes on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20850, USA
Development 132:2309-18. 2005..fates such as the endolymphatic duct and semicircular canals by positively regulating genes such as Wnt2b and Dlx5. However, Gbx2 promotes ventral fates such as the saccule and cochlear duct, possibly by restricting Otx2 expression...
- Conserved pattern of OTP-positive cells in the paraventricular nucleus and other hypothalamic sites of tetrapodsSylvia M Bardet
Department of Human Anatomy and Psychobiology, and CIBERER Research Group 736 Medical School, University of Murcia, Murcia E30071, Spain
Brain Res Bull 75:231-5. 2008..nucleus abuts the prethalamus (prosomere 3), and the entire complex is flanked ventrally and dorsally by Dlx5-expressing domains of the alar plate...
- Requirement for Lmo4 in the vestibular morphogenesis of mouse inner earMin Deng
University of Rochester Flaum Eye Institute, University of Rochester, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Dev Biol 338:38-49. 2010..known otic markers showed that Lmo4 is essential for the normal expression of Bmp4, Fgf10, Msx1, Isl1, Gata3, and Dlx5 in the dorsolateral domain of the otocyst, whereas the initial compartmentalization of the otocyst remains ..
- Reassessing the Dlx code: the genetic regulation of branchial arch skeletal pattern and developmentMichael J Depew
Department of Craniofacial Development, King s College London, Guy s Hospital, London, UK
J Anat 207:501-61. 2005..on an allelic series of Dlx loss-of-function mouse mutants that includes various combinations of Dlx1, Dlx2, Dlx3, Dlx5 and Dlx6. Although we confirm fundamental aspects of the hypothesis, we further report a number of novel findings...
- Dlx5- and Dlx6-mediated chondrogenesis: Differential domain requirements for a conserved functionShu Hsuan Claire Hsu
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ont, Canada N1G 2W1
Mech Dev 123:819-30. 2006..b>Dlx5 and Dlx6 are functionally redundant regulators of chondrocyte hypertrophy...
- Dlx genes pattern mammalian jaw primordium by regulating both lower jaw-specific and upper jaw-specific genetic programsJuhee Jeong
Department of Psychiatry, Nina Ireland Laboratory of Developmental Neurobiology, University of California San Francisco, 1550 4th Street, San Francisco, CA 94158, USA
Development 135:2905-16. 2008..for jaw) and mutant phenotypes; inactivation of Dlx1 and Dlx2 (Dlx1/2-/-) causes defects in the upper jaw, whereas Dlx5/6(-/-) results in homeotic transformation of the lower jaw into upper jaw...
- Development of the facial midlineMichael H Carstens
Loma Linda University, Children s Hospital, Oakland, CA
J Craniofac Surg 13:129-87; discussion 188-90. 2002..4) Mutants for the Dlx5 gene demonstrate A field deletion patterns...
- Regulation of Dlx5 and Dlx6 gene expression by p63 is involved in EEC and SHFM congenital limb defectsNadia Lo Iacono
Dulbecco Telethon Institute, Molecular Biotechnology Center, University of Torino, Via Nizza 52, Torino, 10126, Italy
Development 135:1377-88. 2008..are known in humans; the most common (type-I) is linked to deletions of DSS1 and the distalless-related homeogenes DLX5 and DLX6...
- Temporospatial cell interactions regulating mandibular and maxillary arch patterningC A Ferguson
Department of Craniofacial Development, GKT Dental Institute, Kings College, Guy s Hospital, London SE1 9RT, UK
Development 127:403-12. 2000..Thus, whereas both mandibular and maxillary arch epithelia could induce Dlx2 and Dlx5 expression in the mandible and Dlx2 expression in the maxilla, neither could induce Dlx5 expression in the maxilla...
- Hmx2 homeobox gene control of murine vestibular morphogenesisW Wang
Brookdale Center for Developmental and Molecular Biology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Development 128:5017-29. 2001..The developmental regulators Bmp4, Dlx5 and Pax2 all play a critical role in inner ear ontogeny, and the expression of each of these genes is affected in ..
- Bmp4 is essential for the formation of the vestibular apparatus that detects angular head movementsWeise Chang
National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders, NIH, Rockville, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS Genet 4:e1000050. 2008..In the canals, Bmp2 and Dlx5 are regulated by Bmp4, either directly or indirectly...
- Transcriptional regulation of bone sialoprotein gene by Porphyromonas gingivalis lipopolysaccharideXinyue Li
Department of Periodontology, Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, Chiba 271 8587, Japan
J Cell Biochem 110:823-33. 2010..ChIP assays revealed increased binding of CREB1, JunD, Fra2, Runx2, Dlx5, and Smad1 to a chromatin fragment containing the CRE and FRE by 0.01 microg/ml P. gingivalis LPS...
- Craniofacial, vestibular and bone defects in mice lacking the Distal-less-related gene Dlx5D Acampora
International Institute of Genetic and Biophysics, CNR, Via Marconi 10, Italy
Development 126:3795-809. 1999The Dlx5 gene encodes a Distal-less-related DNA-binding homeobox protein first expressed during early embryonic development in anterior regions of the mouse embryo...
- Cannabinoid receptor type 1 located on presynaptic terminals of principal neurons in the forebrain controls glutamatergic synaptic transmissionMaria R Domenici
Department of Clinical Neuropharmacology, Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry, 80804 Munich, Germany
J Neurosci 26:5794-9. 2006..reduced glutamatergic responses in slices obtained from mice lacking CB1 exclusively in GABAergic neurons (CB1(f/f;Dlx5/6-Cre)), thus excluding the involvement of CB1 expressed on GABAergic neurons in this effect of the drug...
- Dlx5 and Dlx6 homeobox genes are required for specification of the mammalian vestibular apparatusRaymond F Robledo
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine
Genesis 44:425-37. 2006..and is observed in patients with split hand/split foot malformation, a malformation which is phenocopied by Dlx5/6 null mice...
- Methyl CpG-binding protein 2 (a mutation of which causes Rett syndrome) directly regulates insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 in mouse and human brainsMasayuki Itoh
Department of Mental Retardation and Birth Defect Research, National Institute of Neuroscience, National Center of Neurology and Psychiatry, Tokyo, Japan
J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 66:117-23. 2007..These results suggest that IGFBP3 is a downstream gene regulated by MeCP2 and that the previously reported BDNF and DLX5 genes and MeCP2 may contribute directly to the transcriptional expression of IGFBP3 in the brain...
- Xenopus aristaless-related homeobox (xARX) gene product functions as both a transcriptional activator and repressor in forebrain developmentDaniel W Seufert
Center for Molecular and Human Genetics, Columbus Children s Research Institute, 700 Children s Drive, Columbus, OH 43205, USA
Dev Dyn 232:313-24. 2005..However, expression of some markers, dlx5 and wnt8b, was enhanced in xArx-injected embryos...
- Loss of silent-chromatin looping and impaired imprinting of DLX5 in Rett syndromeShin ichi Horike
Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, 1 Cyclotron Road, Mail Stop 84 171, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Nat Genet 37:31-40. 2005..Several sequences mapped to an imprinted gene cluster on chromosome 6, including Dlx5 and Dlx6, whose transcription was roughly two times greater in brains of Mecp2-null mice compared with those of ..
- Necdin promotes GABAergic neuron differentiation in cooperation with Dlx homeodomain proteinsTakaaki Kuwajima
Laboratory of Regulation of Neuronal Development, Institute for Protein Research, Osaka University, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Neurosci 26:5383-92. 2006..Immunohistochemical analysis revealed that necdin was coexpressed with Dlx2, Dlx5, or MAGE-D1 in a subpopulation of embryonic forebrain cells...
- The Dlx5 and Dlx6 homeobox genes are essential for craniofacial, axial, and appendicular skeletal developmentRaymond F Robledo
Brookdale Center for Developmental and Molecular Biology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029 6574, USA
Genes Dev 16:1089-101. 2002..In addition, human Dlx5 and Dlx6 homeobox genes have been identified as possible candidate genes for the autosomal dominant form of the ..
- Transcriptional regulation of BMP-2 activated genes in osteoblasts using gene expression microarray analysis: role of Dlx2 and Dlx5 transcription factorsStephen E Harris
Department of Oral Biology, University of Missouri at Kansas City, School of Dentistry, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
Front Biosci 8:s1249-65. 2003..The Dlx2 and Dlx5 homeobox genes have been shown to be critical for bone formation both in vitro and in vivo...
- Rac1 controls the formation of midline commissures and the competency of tangential migration in ventral telencephalic neuronsLei Chen
Division of Experimental Hematology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229, USA
J Neurosci 27:3884-93. 2007..gene-targeting strategy, using Foxg1-Cre mice to delete Rac1 in the ventricular zone (VZ) of telencephalon and Dlx5/6-Cre-IRES (internal ribosomal entry site)-EGFP (enhanced green fluorescent protein) (Dlx5/6-CIE) in the ..
- Expression of DLX5 during human embryonic craniofacial developmentJ L Davideau
Laboratoire de Biologie Odontologie, Universite Paris VII, Paris, France
Mech Dev 81:183-6. 1999..In order to study the role of DLX genes during embryonic development in human, DLX5 expression pattern was investigated in 6- to 11-week-old human embryos...
- A highly conserved enhancer in the Dlx5/Dlx6 intergenic region is the site of cross-regulatory interactions between Dlx genes in the embryonic forebrainT Zerucha
Loeb Health Research Institute at the Ottawa Hospital and Department of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario K1Y 4E9, Canada
J Neurosci 20:709-21. 2000Four Dlx homeobox genes, Dlx1, Dlx2, Dlx5, and Dlx6 are expressed in the same primordia of the mouse forebrain with temporally overlapping patterns...
- Endothelin-A receptor-dependent and -independent signaling pathways in establishing mandibular identityLouis Bruno Ruest
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Craniofacial Biology and the Birth Defects Center, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292, USA
Development 131:4413-23. 2004..in Ednra(-/-) embryos undergo a homeotic transformation into maxillary-like structures similar to those observed in Dlx5/Dlx6(-/-) embryos, though lower incisors are still present in both mutant embryos...
- SP3/SP1 transcription activity regulates specific expression of collagen type X in hypertrophic chondrocytesCordula Magee
Department of Anatomy and Cellular Biology, Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Biol Chem 280:25331-8. 2005..In this sequence, a binding site for Dlx5/6 transcription factors (nt -99 to -87) retards a protein specific for hypertrophic chondrocytes in electrophoretic ..
- A subpopulation of olfactory bulb GABAergic interneurons is derived from Emx1- and Dlx5/6-expressing progenitorsMinoree Kohwi
Department of Neurosurgery, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Neurosci 27:6878-91. 2007..Our results suggest that some OB interneurons are derived from progenitors outside the LGE and that precursors expressing what has classically been considered a pallial transcription factor generate GABAergic interneurons...
- Molecular identity of olfactory bulb interneurons: transcriptional codes of periglomerular neuron subtypesZegary J Allen
Division of Developmental Biology, Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, OH 45229, USA
J Mol Histol 38:517-25. 2007..e. dopaminergic, calbindin- and calretinin-expressing) derive from cells that express the homeobox genes Dlx5/6...
- Recombinase-mediated cassette exchange reveals the selective use of Gq/G11-dependent and -independent endothelin 1/endothelin type A receptor signaling in pharyngeal arch developmentTakahiro Sato
Department of Physiological Chemistry and Metabolism, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Development 135:755-65. 2008..the Edn1/Ednra signaling is thought to regulate the dorsoventral axis patterning of pharyngeal arches via Dlx5/Dlx6 upregulation...
- The nuclear receptors NUR77 and SF1 play additive roles with c-JUN through distinct elements on the mouse Star promoterLuc J Martin
Reproduction, Perinatal and Child Health, CHUQ Research Centre, CHUL Room T1 49, 2705 Laurier Boulevard, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada G1V 4G2
J Mol Endocrinol 42:119-29. 2009..These include the nuclear receptors NUR77 and SF1, AP-1 family members (particularly c-JUN), GATA4, C/EBPbeta, DLX5/6, and CREB...
- Targeted loss of Arx results in a developmental epilepsy mouse model and recapitulates the human phenotype in heterozygous femalesEric Marsh
Abramson Research Center, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, 3615 Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Brain 132:1563-76. 2009..To directly test this possibility, mice carrying a floxed Arx allele were generated and crossed to Dlx5/6(CRE-IRES-GFP)(Dlx5/6(CIG)) mice, conditionally deleting Arx from ganglionic eminence derived neurons including ..
- cAMP and fibroblast growth factor 2 regulate bone sialoprotein gene expression in human prostate cancer cellsZhengyang Li
Department of Periodontology, Nihon University School of Dentistry at Matsudo, Chiba 271 8587, Japan Tianjin Stomatology Hospital, Tianjin, China
Gene 471:1-12. 2011..were supershifted by phospho-CREB1 and c-Fos antibodies, and disrupted by CREB1, c-Jun, JunD, Fra2, p300, Runx2, Dlx5 and Smad1 antibodies...
- Characterization of the split hand/split foot malformation locus SHFM1 at 7q21.3-q22.1 and analysis of a candidate gene for its expression during limb developmentM A Crackower
Department of Molecular and Medical Genetics, University of Toronto, Canada
Hum Mol Genet 5:571-9. 1996..Three genes were identified, two genes of the Distal-less (dii) homeobox gene family, DLX5 and DLX6 and a novel gene, which we named DSS1...
- Multiple functions of Dlx genesG R Merlo
Laboratory of Molecular Morphogenesis, National Cancer Institute IST, Genova, Italy
Int J Dev Biol 44:619-26. 2000..In addition, Dlx5 and Dlx6 are expressed in differentiating osteoblasts...
- Regulatory roles of conserved intergenic domains in vertebrate Dlx bigene clustersNoel Ghanem
Ottawa Health Research Institute and Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1Y 4E9
Genome Res 13:533-43. 2003..The Dlx1/Dlx2, Dlx5/Dlx6, and Dlx3/Dlx7 clusters likely originate from duplications of an ancestral Dlx gene pair...
- Segregation of lens and olfactory precursors from a common territory: cell sorting and reciprocity of Dlx5 and Pax6 expressionSujata Bhattacharyya
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA
Dev Biol 271:403-14. 2004..b>Dlx5 and Pax6 are initially co-expressed by future lens and olfactory cells...
- Wnt-dependent regulation of inner ear morphogenesis is balanced by the opposing and supporting roles of ShhMartin M Riccomagno
Department of Genetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Genes Dev 19:1612-23. 2005..signaling is active in dorsal regions of the otic vesicle, where it functions to regulate the expression of genes (Dlx5/6 and Gbx2) necessary for vestibular morphogenesis...
- Dlx3 is expressed in the ventral forebrain of chicken embryos: implications for the evolution of the Dlx gene familyHui Zhu
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Int J Dev Biol 50:71-5. 2006The archetypal genomic arrangement of vertebrate Dlx genes is as three bigene clusters (Dlx1/2, Dlx3/4, Dlx5/6)...
- Cellular patterns of transcription factor expression in developing cortical interneuronsInma Cobos
Nina Ireland Laboratory of Developmental Neurobiology, Department of Psychiatry, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94158 2611, USA
Cereb Cortex 16:i82-8. 2006..differentiating and mature neocortical interneurons of 8 transcription factors, including 6 homeobox (Dlx1, Dlx2, Dlx5, Arx, Lhx6, Cux2), 1 basic helix-loop-helix, (NPAS1), and 1 bZIP (MafB)...
- Rett syndromeBruria Ben Zeev Ghidoni
Pediatric Neurology Unit, Safra Pediatric Hospital, Sheba Medical Center, Ramat Gan, Israel
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 16:723-43. 2007..including MeCP2 protein levels in autistic brains and MeCP2 effects on genes connected to autism, like DLX5 and genes on 15q11-13 region. This area also is involved in Angelman syndrome, which has many similarities to RS...
- Gene expression in cortical interneuron precursors is prescient of their mature functionRenata Batista-Brito
Smilow Neuroscience Program and the Department of Cell Biology, Smilow Research Building, New York University Medical Center, 522 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Cereb Cortex 18:2306-17. 2008..a gene expression microarray analysis on cortical interneuron precursors isolated through their expression of a Dlx5/6(Cre-IRES-EGFP) transgene. We purified these precursors from the embryonic mouse neocortex at E13.5 and E15...
- Ubc9 promotes the stability of Smad4 and the nuclear accumulation of Smad1 in osteoblast-like Saos-2 cellsKoichi Shimada
Department of Periodontology, Nihon University School of Dentistry, 1 8 13 Kanda Surugadai, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 101 8310, Japan
Bone 42:886-93. 2008..The expression of BMP-induced transcription factors, including Runx2, Dlx5, Msx2, and Osterix, was examined using real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (qRT-PCR), and the ..
- Isolation and imprinting analysis of the porcine DLX5 gene and its association with carcass traitsH C Cheng
Key Laboratory of Swine Genetics and Breeding of Ministry of Agriculture, Huazhong Agricultural University, Wuhan 430070, China
Anim Genet 39:395-9. 2008..In this study, the complete ORF containing 289 amino acids of the porcine DLX5 gene was obtained...
- Molecular switches involving homeodomain proteins, HOXA10 and RUNX2 regulate osteoblastogenesisMohammad Q Hassan
Department of Cell Biology and Cancer Center, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Mass 01655, USA
Cells Tissues Organs 189:122-5. 2009..Our studies provide evidence for (1) selective association of HOXA10, MSX2, DLX3 and DLX5 homeodomain transcription factors on Runx2 and OC genes at stages of osteoblast maturation as well as (2) ..
- 5-Azacytidine facilitates osteogenic gene expression and differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells by alteration in DNA methylationGuo Shun Zhou
Key Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Huzhou Central Hospital, 313100, Huzhou, Zhejiang, People s Republic of China
Cytotechnology 60:11. 2009..Taking dlx5 as a representative, methylation alterations of the "CpG island shore" in the promoter caused by 5-azacytidine ..
- Molecular regulation of matrix extracellular phosphoglycoprotein expression by bone morphogenetic protein-2Young Dan Cho
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, School of Dentistry and Dental Research Institute, BK21 Program, Seoul National University, Seoul 110 749, Korea
J Biol Chem 284:25230-40. 2009..Overexpression and knock-down experiments of Smads, Dlx5, and Runx2 indicated that they are indispensable mediators of BMP-2-induced Mepe expression...
- Traf2 interacts with Smad4 and regulates BMP signaling pathway in MC3T3-E1 osteoblastsKoichi Shimada
Department of Periodontology, Nihon University School of Dentistry, Tokyo, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 390:775-9. 2009..in the medium, the expression levels of the Bmp2 gene and BMP-induced transcription factor genes, including Runx2, Dlx5, Msx2, and Sp7, and the phosphorylated-Smad1 protein level were increased in cells transfected with Traf2 siRNA...
- Polymethylmethacrylate particles impair osteoprogenitor viability and expression of osteogenic transcription factors Runx2, osterix, and Dlx5Richard Chiu
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Stanford University Medical Center, 300 Pasteur Drive, Edwards Building, R 116, Stanford, California 94305 5341, USA
J Orthop Res 28:571-7. 2010..the effects of these materials on osteoprogenitor viability and expression of transcription factors Runx2, osterix, Dlx5, and Msx2...
- Retinoblastoma binding protein-1 (RBP1) is a Runx2 coactivator and promotes osteoblastic differentiationDavid G Monroe
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 11:104. 2010..factors are involved in the establishment and maintenance of the osteoblastic phenotype, such as Runx2, osterix and Dlx5. The transcription factor retinoblastoma binding protein-1 (RBP1) was recently identified as an estrogen regulated ..
- AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) positively regulates osteoblast differentiation via induction of Dlx5-dependent Runx2 expression in MC3T3E1 cellsWon Gu Jang
Department of Pharmacology and Dental Therapeutics and BK21, School of Dentistry, Chonnam National University, Gwangju 500 757, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 404:1004-9. 2011..In addition, metformin induced the phosphorylation of Smad1/5/8 and expression of Dlx5 and Runx2, whereas compound C or dominant negative AMPK inhibited these effects...
- Restricted transgene expression in the brain with cell-type specific neuronal promotersAurélie Delzor
Atomic Energy Commission CEA, Institute of Biomedical Imaging I2BM and Molecular Imaging Research Center MIRCen, 92265 Fontenay aux Roses, France
Hum Gene Ther Methods 23:242-54. 2012..The promoters with the highest activity were those of the 67 kDa glutamic acid decarboxylase (GAD67), homeobox Dlx5/6, glutamate receptor 1 (GluR1), and preprotachykinin 1 (Tac1) genes...
- Evf2 (Dlx6as) lncRNA regulates ultraconserved enhancer methylation and the differential transcriptional control of adjacent genesEmily G Berghoff
Developmental Biology and Department of Pediatrics, Lurie Children s Research Center, and Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Box 204, 2430 N Halsted, Chicago, IL 60614, USA
Development 140:4407-16. 2013..through Dlx6 antisense (Dlx6as) transcription and methyl-CpG binding protein (MECP2) recruitment to the Dlx5/6 ultraconserved DNA regulatory enhancer (Dlx5/6ei) in embryonic day 13.5 medial ganglionic eminence (E13.5 MGE)...
- Optimizing the osteogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stromal cells by the synergistic action of growth factorsYahya Acil
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Christian Albrechts University, Kiel, Germany
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 42:2002-9. 2014..upregulation of collagen type I, collagen type V, osteocalcin, alkaline phosphatase, RUNX2, BMP-2, osteonectin and DLX5 (p < 0.01) and resulted in a consistent matrix mineralization...
- Bioactive borate glass promotes the repair of radius segmental bone defects by enhancing the osteogenic differentiation of BMSCsJieyuan Zhang
Institute of Microsurgery on Extremities, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Affiliated Sixth People s Hospital, Shanghai 200233, People s Republic of China Department of Orthopedics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Affiliated Sixth People s Hospital, Shanghai 200233, People s Republic of China These authors contributed equally
Biomed Mater 10:065011. 2015..Mechanistically, the critical genes Smad1/5 and Dlx5 in the BMP pathway and p-Smad1/5 proteins were significantly elevated after BG transplantation, and these effects ..
- Dlx5/6-enhancer directed expression of Cre recombinase in the pharyngeal arches and brainLouis Bruno Ruest
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Craniofacial Biology and the Birth Defects Center, University of Louisville, Kentucky 40292, USA
Genesis 37:188-94. 2003b>Dlx5 and Dlx6, two members of the Distalless gene family, are required for development of numerous tissues during embryogenesis, including facial and limb development...
- Bone morphogenetic protein-2-induced alkaline phosphatase expression is stimulated by Dlx5 and repressed by Msx2Youn Jeong Kim
Department of Biochemistry, School of Dentistry and Skeletal Diseases Genome Research Center, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 700 422, Korea
J Biol Chem 279:50773-80. 2004..by bone morphogenetic protein (BMP)-2 treatment, the activation of BMP receptors and R-Smads, and the expression of Dlx5 and Runx2. However, how BMP-2 induces ALP expression is not clearly understood...
- Rett syndrome and neuronal developmentMichael V Johnston
Department of Neurology, Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Child Neurol 20:759-63. 2005..that MeCP2 controls the expression of brain-derived neurotrophic factor and the DNA-binding homeobox protein Dlx5. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor enhances glutamate neurotransmission at excitatory synapses, whereas Dlx5 is ..
- Phenotypic analysis of Dlx5 overexpression in post-natal boneJ Zhang
Division of Oral Biology, Department of General Dentistry, Tufts University School of Dental Medicine, One Kneeland Street, Boston, MA 02111, USA
J Dent Res 87:45-50. 2008b>Dlx5 plays an important role in the embryonic development of mineralized tissues. We hypothesized that Dlx5 also functions in regulating post-natal bone formation in mice...
- Netrin-1-alpha3beta1 integrin interactions regulate the migration of interneurons through the cortical marginal zoneAmelia Stanco
University of North Carolina Neuroscience Center and Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, The University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:7595-600. 2009..In vivo analysis of interneuron-specific alpha3beta1 integrin, netrin-1-deficient mice (alpha3(lox/-)Dlx5/6-CIE, netrin-1(-/-)) reveals specific deficits in the patterns of interneuronal migration along the top of the ..
- Selective isolation and differentiation of a stromal population of human embryonic stem cells with osteogenic potentialLinda Harkness
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Laboratory for Molecular Endocrinology KMEB, Medical Biotechnology Centre MBC, Winsløwparken 25, University of Southern Denmark, 5000 Odense C, Denmark
Bone 48:231-41. 2011..When cultured in osteogenic differentiation media, up regulation of osteoblastic lineage markers (DLX5, MSX2, RUNX2, SPARC, ALP, COL1a1, BGLAP, IBSP, DCN, LOX-L4) and production of in vitro mineralized matrix was ..
- FGF signaling transforms non-neural ectoderm into neural crestNathan Yardley
Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology, KBT 1100, Yale University, P O Box 208103, New Haven, CT 06520 8103, USA
Dev Biol 372:166-77. 2012..in response to FGF the non-neural ectoderm can ectopically express several early neural crest markers (Pax7, Msx1, Dlx5, Sox9, FoxD3, Snail2, and Sox10)...
- High levels of ephrinB2 over-expression increases the osteogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells and promotes enhanced cell mediated mineralisation in a polyethyleneimine-ephrinB2 gene-activated matrixErica G Tierney
Tissue Engineering Research Group, Department of Anatomy, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland
J Control Release 165:173-82. 2013..the GAMs which revealed no significant changes in runx2 or BMP2 expression but an upregulation of osterix (Osx) and Dlx5 expression prompting the belief that the mode of osteogenesis is independent of the BMP2 pathway...
- A BMP-inducible gene, dlx5, regulates osteoblast differentiation and mesoderm inductionK Miyama
New Product Research Laboratories III, Daiichi Pharmaceutical Co, Ltd, Tokyo R and D Center, Kita Kasai, Edogawa ku, Tokyo, 134, Japan
Dev Biol 208:123-33. 1999..These findings suggest that mDlx5 is a target gene of the BMP signaling pathway and acts as an important regulator of both osteogenesis and dorsoventral patterning of embryonic axis...
- Dlx5 induces expression of COL1A1 promoter contained in a retrovirus vectorT Tadic
Department of Genetics and Developmental Biology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington CT 06030, USA
Croat Med J 42:436-9. 2001To determine whether retrovirally expressed Dlx5, a homeobox-containing transcription factor, can induce a 2.3 kb rat COL1A1 promoter-reporter construct, which is transduced into osteoblastic cells by the use of a retrovirus vector.
- Transcriptional regulation restricting bone sialoprotein gene expression to both hypertrophic chondrocytes and osteoblastsGeorge L Barnes
Orthopaedic Research Laboratory of the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Boston University Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Cell Biochem 87:458-69. 2002..While Dlx5 has been implicated as the tissue-specific regulator of BSP expression through direct DNA binding at an element ..
- Jaw transformation with gain of symmetry after Dlx5/Dlx6 inactivation: mirror of the past?Annemiek Beverdam
Laboratory of Molecular Morphogenesis, National Institute for Cancer Research, Genova, Italy
Genesis 34:221-7. 2002..Here we show that simultaneous inactivation of the murine homeobox genes Dlx5 and Dlx6 results in the transformation of the lower jaw into an upper jaw and in symmetry of the snout...
- Identification of two distinct progenitor populations in the lateral ganglionic eminence: implications for striatal and olfactory bulb neurogenesisJan Stenman
Division of Developmental Biology, Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Cincinnati, Ohio 45229 3039, USA
J Neurosci 23:167-74. 2003..Moreover, the adult SVZ and RMS contain numerous Er81-positive cells. Fate-mapping studies using Dlx5/6-cre transgenic mice demonstrate that Er81-positive cells in the granule cell and glomerular layers of the ..
- BMP signals regulate Dlx5 during early avian skull developmentNicolas Holleville
Institut d Embryologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire, CNRS, UMR 7128, 49 bis, avenue de la Belle Gabrielle, 94736, Nogent sur Marne, France
Dev Biol 257:177-89. 2003..b>Dlx5 gene mutation leads to cranial dismorphogenesis which differs from the previously studied craniosynostosis ..
- Effects of bone morphogenetic protein-2 and transforming growth factor beta1 on gene expression of transcription factors, AJ18 and Runx2 in cultured osteoblastic cellsMinoru Takagi
Department of Anatomy, Nihon University School of Dentistry, Tokyo 101 8310, Japan
J Mol Histol 35:81-90. 2004Osteoblast differentiation is controlled by multiple transcription factors, Runx2, AJ18, Osterix, Dlx5 and Msx2...
- Dlx5, the mouse homologue of the human-imprinted DLX5 gene, is biallelically expressed in the mouse brainMotoshi I Kimura
Institute of Regenerative Medicine and Biofunction, Graduate School of Medical Science, Tottori University, 86 Nishimachi, Yonago 683 8503, Japan
J Hum Genet 49:273-7. 2004The mouse Dlx5 gene encodes a distal-less-related DNA-binding homeobox protein first expressed during early embryonic development in anterior regions of mouse embryo and is located on chromosome 6, which is the syntenic region to the ..
- Dlx3 transcriptional regulation of osteoblast differentiation: temporal recruitment of Msx2, Dlx3, and Dlx5 homeodomain proteins to chromatin of the osteocalcin geneMohammad Q Hassan
Department of Cell Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 55 Lake Ave, North, Worcester, MA 01655 0106, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:9248-61. 2004Genetic studies show that Msx2 and Dlx5 homeodomain (HD) proteins support skeletal development, but null mutation of the closely related Dlx3 gene results in early embryonic lethality...
- Cooperative interactions between RUNX2 and homeodomain protein-binding sites are critical for the osteoblast-specific expression of the bone sialoprotein geneHernan Roca
Department of Periodontics, Prevention, and Geriatrics and Center for Craniofacial Regeneration, School of Dentistry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 1078, USA
J Biol Chem 280:30845-55. 2005..All three sites (R1, R2, and C) are necessary for maximal promoter activity in osteoblasts. DLX5 in MC-4 cell nuclear extracts binds to the C site in vitro...
- Critical molecular switches involved in BMP-2-induced osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal cellsHyun Mo Ryoo
Department of Biochemistry, School of Dentistry and Skeletal Diseases Genome Research Center, Kyungpook National University, Daegu 700 422, South Korea
Gene 366:51-7. 2006..R-Smad activation, and kinase activation, and the role of osteogenic transcription factors, such as Runx2, Osx, Dlx5, and Msx2...
- Effects of low-intensity pulsed ultrasound on the differentiation of C2C12 cellsKyoko Ikeda
Department of Periodontology, Nihon University School of Dentistry, Tokyo, Japan
Life Sci 79:1936-43. 2006..LIPUS stimulation, mRNA expression of cellular phenotype-specific markers characterizing osteoblasts (Runx2, Msx2, Dlx5, AJ18), chondroblasts (Sox9), myoblasts (MyoD), and adipocytes (C/EBP, PPARgamma) was studied using real-time ..
- Dlx5 drives Runx2 expression and osteogenic differentiation in developing cranial suture mesenchymeNicolas Holleville
CNRS UMR 7128, Institut d Embryologie Cellulaire et Moleculaire, 94736 Nogent sur Marne, France
Dev Biol 304:860-74. 2007..Here, we address the role of the homeobox transcription factor Dlx5 during the initial steps of calvaria membranous differentiation and we show that Dlx5 elicits Runx2 induction and ..
- The role of Dlx homeogenes in early development of the olfactory pathwayGiorgio R Merlo
Dulbecco Telethon Institute, CNR ITB Milano, Via F lli Cervi 93, 20090 Segrate, Milano, Italy
J Mol Histol 38:347-58. 2007..Little is known about the genetic control of intrinsic ORN properties. Inactivation of the distalless-related Dlx5 prevents connections between ORNs and FB...
- Genomic deletion size at the epsilon-sarcoglycan locus determines the clinical phenotypeFriedrich Asmus
Department of Neurodegeneration, Hertie Institute for Clinical Brain Research, Center of Neurology, University of Tuebingen, Tuebingen, Germany
Brain 130:2736-45. 2007..M-D, whereas one paediatric patient with split-hand/split-foot malformation and sensorineural hearing loss (SHFM1D, OMIM 220600) had not developed M-D at the age of 9 years. This patient had the largest deletion of 8.78 Mb (7q21...
- Histogenetic compartments of the mouse centromedial and extended amygdala based on gene expression patterns during developmentMargarita García-López
Department of Human Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Murcia, 30100 Murcia, Spain
J Comp Neurol 506:46-74. 2008..analyzed the distribution of key regulatory genes that show restricted expression patterns within the subpallium (Dlx5, Nkx2...
- Bone morphogenetic protein-2 induces the differentiation of a mesenchymal progenitor cell line, ROB-C26, into mature osteoblasts and adipocytesShigeyuki Kato
Department of Anatomy, Nihon University School of Dentistry, Tokyo 101 8310, Japan
Life Sci 84:302-10. 2009....
- Recurrent chromosomal rearrangements implicate oncogenes contributing to T-cell lymphomagenesis in Lck-MyrAkt2 transgenic miceRoman A Timakhov
Human Genetics Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 48:786-94. 2009..The inv(6) results in robust upregulation of the homeobox/transcription factor gene Dlx5 because of its relocation near the Tcrb enhancer...
- Characterization of conserved and nonconserved imprinted genes in swineSteve R Bischoff
Department of Molecular Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Center for Comparative Medicine and Translational Research, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina 27606, USA
Biol Reprod 81:906-20. 2009..We also found no evidence of imprinting in ASB4, ASCL2, CD81, COMMD1, DCN, DLX5, and H13. Combined, these results represent the most comprehensive survey of imprinted genes in swine to date.
- Zonal responsiveness of the human intervertebral disc to bone morphogenetic protein-2Hyang Kim
Medical Science Graduated School, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 34:1834-8. 2009..In vitro experiment using bone morphogenetic protein-2 (BMP-2) and cells from the nucleus pulposus (NP), transitional zone (TZ), and anulus fibrosus (AF) of the human intervertebral disc (IVD)...
- Inhibition of methylation decreases osteoblast differentiation via a non-DNA-dependent methylation mechanismBart L T Vaes
Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University and Research Centre, Wageningen, The Netherlands
Bone 46:514-23. 2010..Gene expression analysis of early (Msx2, Dlx5, Runx2) and late (Alp, Osx, Ocn) osteoblast markers during bone morphogenetic protein 2-induced C2C12 osteoblast ..
- The effects of COX-2 inhibitor during osteogenic differentiation of bone marrow-derived human mesenchymal stem cellsDong Suk Yoon
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Stem Cells Dev 19:1523-33. 2010..The mRNA expression of Runx2/Cbf alpha 1, Dlx5, and osteocalcin was also decreased by COX-2 inhibitors in inflammatory-conditioned MSCs and showed a significant ..
- Deficiency of vitamin A delays bone healing process in association with reduced BMP2 expression after drill-hole injury in miceKazuhiro Tanaka
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, School of Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, 1 1 Iseigaoka, Yahatanishi ku, Kitakyushu 807 8555, Japan
Bone 47:1006-12. 2010..During repair of the bone defect, increases of bmp2, dlx5, msx2, col1a1, and osteocalcin mRNA expression were suppressed, and runx2-p2 mRNA expression was accelerated in VAD...
- Upregulation of DLX5 promotes ovarian cancer cell proliferation by enhancing IRS-2-AKT signalingYinfei Tan
Cancer Biology Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Cancer Res 70:9197-206. 2010..We had previously found that Dlx5 is overexpressed in an Akt2 transgenic model of T-cell lymphoma...
- The Role of Osteoactivin in Osteoblast Development and FunctionFayez F Safadi; Fiscal Year: 2013..We present preliminary data that BMP2 stimulates the recruitment of Smad1, Dlx5 and CBP to the OA promoter and this effect is dependent on the stage of osteoblast differentiation...
- Cun Yu Wang; Fiscal Year: 2016..Aim 1 is to determine whether KDM4B epigenetically regulate MSC lineage commitment through induction of DLX5. Aim 2 is to explore how erasing H3K9me3 by KDM4B coordinately regulates osteogenic differentiation of MSCs...
- Basis for Lymphomagenesis in Akt2 Transgenic MiceJoseph R Testa; Fiscal Year: 2013..Up regulation of one of these candidate genes, encoding the transcription factor Dlx5, has recently been reported in several common human cancers, suggesting that this homeobox gene may be oncogenic ..
- Molecular and Genetic Regulation of Craniofacial DevelopmentBrian L Black; Fiscal Year: 2013..Mice that carry one mutant allele of Dlx5/6 locus and one mutant copy of the Mef2c allele die at birth from craniofacial defects resembling PRS...
- Richard A Schneider; Fiscal Year: 2016..the Transforming Growth Factor-Beta (TGF[unreadable]) and Bone Morphogenetic Protein (BMP) pathways such as Runx2, Dlx5, and Msx1, since they are known to affect osteogenesis and their expression is altered in chimeras...
- Lisa J Bain; Fiscal Year: 2014..plate border specifier cells, which express transcription factors involved in myogenesis, such as Pax3, Pax7, Dlx5, Msx1, and Msx2, and are responsible for secreting factors that lead to the formation of the neural crest specifier ..
- John L R Rubenstein; Fiscal Year: 2016..g.GucylaS, Zfhxib and cMaf);definiting interneuron phenotypes of conditional DIxl, Dlx2, Dlx1/Dlx2 and Dlx5 mutants;and characterizing autism mutant alleles of Dlx2, Lhx6 and other regulators of interneurons using an MGE-..
- JHUMKU DUTT KOHTZ; Fiscal Year: 2016..We show that Evf2 forms a complex with the DLX2 homeodomain transcription factor and regulates Dlx5/6 enhancer activity...
- The role of Foxi3 in inner ear developmentSAFIA BANO KHATRI; Fiscal Year: 2012..The PPR is marked by the expression of unique set of genes like Dlx5, ERNI, Six1/4, Foxi3 and Eya 1/2. We have shown that Foxi3 is one of the earliest genes expressed in this region...
- GFP Reporters for the chondrocyte lineageDavid Rowe; Fiscal Year: 2009..The genetic units to identify cell of the articular lineage will include: pre-interzone cells, Dlx5 and Col2a1;interzone cells, Gdf5;early articular chondrocytes, Pg4 (lubricin) and mature articular cells, tnc (..
- The Role of FoxP2 in Olfactory Bulb Interneuron NeurogenesisZegary J Allen; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, the transcription factors Dlx5/6 have been shown to be expressed in cells that will give rise to olfactory bulb interneurons...
- Role of Dlx-5 in Chondrocyte DifferentiationROBERT KOSHER; Fiscal Year: 2007..The goal of this research is to investigate the hypothesis that the homeodomain transcription factor Dlx5 is a key positive regulator of chondrocyte maturation during endochondral ossification, and to unravel the ..
- Dix Genes in Neurogenic Cranial Placode InductionStephen Brown; Fiscal Year: 2004..A number of genes, including Dlx5 and Dlx6, are expressed in a pattern marking the pre-placodal ectoderm, however their roles in placode induction ..
- DLX HOMEOBOX GENE CONTROL OF FETAL SKELETOGENESISThomas Lufkin; Fiscal Year: 2004..domains and the preliminary results from the Principal Investigator's gene knockout studies presented below, the Dlx5 and Dlx6 homeobox genes are major directors of morphogenesis and cellular differentiation of the fetal skeleton...
- Regulation of craniofacial development by the Dix genes.John Rubenstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..as well as the olfactory and otic appatati We have made loss-of-function mutations of Dlxl, Dlx2, Dlxl&2 and Dlx5 in the mouse and found that these genes are essential for normal skeletal morphogenesis of the jaw apparatus and ..
- iCys Laser Scanning Cytometer for UC Davis CoreJanine LaSalle; Fiscal Year: 2008..The placement of a shared iCys LSC imaging system in a core facility with a strong track record of support is a cost effective way of supporting NIH funded researchers at UC Davis. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Epigenetic Interaction of MECP2 and Organic Pollutants in NeurodevelopmentJanine LaSalle; Fiscal Year: 2009..factors in the etiology of autism and mental retardation? Can specific epigenetic changes be diagnostic for autism and mental retardation of unknown genetic etiology? Are epigenetic changes affecting neurodevelopment heritable? ..
- Epigenetic Etiologies of Autism-Spectrum DisordersJanine LaSalle; Fiscal Year: 2009..The successful completion of these studies should yield findings to help develop better diagnostic and treatment modalities for autism-spectrum disorders. ..
- Altered Inhibitory Prefrontal Circuitry in SchizophreniaDAVID VOLK; Fiscal Year: 2003..After a 3 month survival period, we will quantify any changes in the mRNA expression of PFC GABA markers using in situ hybridization and grain counting techniques. ..
- Pharmacogenomics of Antidepressant ResponseSteven Hamilton; Fiscal Year: 2008..These findings could provide steps toward our ability to define clinically useful genetic predictors of pharmacological treatment and apply them to patient populations. ..
- Bone Strength Phenotypes in men: Genes and EnvironmentJoseph Zmuda; Fiscal Year: 2008..The improved understanding of the genetic regulation of bone strength that will emerge from the proposed project will yield fundamental insight into the basic mechanisms of male osteoporosis. ..
- MAP KINASE REGULATION OF OSTEOBLAST FUNCTIONRenny Franceschi; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Genetic Determinants of COMT ExpressionSteven Hamilton; Fiscal Year: 2007..This in vitro work may be useful for the understanding of the genetic contribution of COMT to disease susceptibility, particularly with regard to the cis regulation of the COMT locus. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Hearing loss associated with chromosomal rearrangementsKerry Kocher; Fiscal Year: 2007..Analysis of the mice and in situ hybridization studies of the candidate genes in the cochlea will be used to establish the role of these genes in auditory function. ..
- Mechanically Responsive Regions of MEPE GeneJELICA HEINRICH; Fiscal Year: 2006..This approach should enhance our understanding of the complex signaling pathways involved in bone response to mechanical loading. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Development of the Endolymphatic Duct and SacDaniel Choo; Fiscal Year: 2005..Significantly, this proposal includes challenging but achievable goals that will provide important knowledge to the field of inner ear development. ..
- Determinants of Bone Strength in Afro-Caribbean FamiliesJoseph Zmuda; Fiscal Year: 2004..The identification of these genes will likely yield fundamental insight on bone biology and may lead to the development of novel approaches to the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of osteoporosis. ..
- ACTIVITY-DEPENDENT PLASTICITY IN SENSORY CORTEXEdward Jones; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- BONE SIALOPROTEIN: EXPRESSION & ROLE IN MINERALIZATIONRenny Franceschi; Fiscal Year: 2004..Such knowledge is essential for designing new strategies for bone regeneration to treat trauma and pathological conditions such as osteoporosis and periodontal disease. ..
- DEVELOPMENT OF THE CORTICOTHALAMIC SYSTEMEdward Jones; Fiscal Year: 2003..Defective maturation may be a concomitant of or a basis for certain forms of seizures in young individuals. ..