Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: DNMT3b
Description: DNA methyltransferase 3 beta
Alias: ICF, ICF1, M.HsaIIIB, DNA (cytosine-5)-methyltransferase 3B, DNA (cytosine-5-)-methyltransferase 3 beta, DNA MTase HsaIIIB, DNA cytosine-5--methyltransferase 3 beta, DNA methyltransferase HsaIIIB
Publications207 found, 100 shown here
- Cloning, expression and chromosome locations of the human DNMT3 gene familyS Xie
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Gene 236:87-95. 1999..In this study, we have cloned human DNMT3A and DNMT3B that encode full-length DNMT3A and DNMT3B proteins with 98% and 94% amino acid sequence identity to their murine ..
- Expression analysis of DNA methyltransferases 1, 3A, and 3B in sporadic breast carcinomasIgor Girault
Laboratoire d Oncogénétique Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale E0017 Centre René Huguenin, F 92211 St Cloud, France
Clin Cancer Res 9:4415-22. 2003Three genes, namely DNA methyltransferase (DNMT) 1, DNMT3A, and DNMT3B, coding for DNMTs that affect promoter methylation status are thought to play an important role in the development of cancers...
- Role of DNA methyltransferases in regulation of human ribosomal RNA gene transcriptionSarmila Majumder
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, College of Medicine, Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 281:22062-72. 2006..Immunofluorescence analysis and biochemical fractionation showed that all three DNMTs (DNMT1, DNMT3A, and DNMT3B) are associated with the inactive rDNA in the nucleolus...
- A novel DNMT3B subfamily, DeltaDNMT3B, is the predominant form of DNMT3B in non-small cell lung cancerLuo Wang
Molecular Biology Laboratory, Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 77030, USA
Int J Oncol 29:201-7. 2006..b>DNMT3B plays an important role in de novo DNA methylation...
- Gene expression and promoter polymorphisms of DNA methyltransferase 3B in nasopharyngeal carcinomas in Taiwanese people: a case-control studyKai Ping Chang
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Oncol Rep 19:217-22. 2008Overexpression of the DNA methyltransferase 3B (DNMT3B) gene and its effect on carcinogenesis has been demonstrated for various types of cancer...
- Expression pattern and clinical significance of DNA methyltransferase 3B variants in gastric carcinomaXianwei Su
Key Laboratory of Developmental Genes and Human Diseases, Ministry of Education, Southeast University, Nanjing 210009, P R China
Oncol Rep 23:819-26. 2010The aim of this study was to detect the expression pattern of DNA methyltransferase 3B (DNMT3B) variants in primary gastric cancer (GC) and to explore the clinical significance of DNMT3B variants in gastric carcinogenesis...
- Association between DNA methyltransferases 3B gene polymorphisms and the susceptibility to acute myeloid leukemia in Chinese Han populationQin Zheng
Department of Laboratory Medicine, West China Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
PLoS ONE 8:e74626. 2013b>DNMT3B plays a crucial role in the generation of aberrant methylation during carcinogenesis. Polymorphisms in the DNMT3B gene may influence the DNA methylation enzymatic activity of DNMT3B, thereby modulating the susceptibility to AML...
- DNA 5-methylcytosine demethylation activities of the mammalian DNA methyltransferasesChun Chang Chen
Department of Life Sciences and Institute of Genome Sciences, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 288:9084-91. 2013..by the combined catalytic actions of three DNA methyltransferases (DNMTs), the de novo enzymes DNMT3A and DNMT3B and the maintenance enzyme DNMT1...
- Association of the DNMT3B polymorphism with colorectal adenomatous polyps and adenocarcinomaXiaoqing Guo
Department of Endoscopy, The 4th Affiliated Hospital, Hebei Medical University, Hebei, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 37:219-25. 2010b>DNMT3B is an important enzyme to modulate the methylation status in mammalian cells...
- DNA methylation inhibitor 5-Aza-2'-deoxycytidine induces reversible genome-wide DNA damage that is distinctly influenced by DNA methyltransferases 1 and 3BStela S Palii
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Florida, College of Medicine, Box 100245, 1600 SW Archer Rd, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:752-71. 2008..the DNA damage response of tumor cells to 5-azadC and the role of DNA methyltransferases 1 and 3B (DNMT1 and DNMT3B, respectively) in modulating this process...
- The expression and clinical significance of DNA methyltransferase proteins in human gastric cancerWen Jin Ding
Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine Renji Hospital, Shanghai Institute of Digestive Disease, Shanghai, China
Dig Dis Sci 53:2083-9. 2008..We discovered that the positive rates of DNMT1, DNMT3a, and DNMT3b expression in GC tissues were 81.6%, 81.6%, and 68...
- The mammalian de novo DNA methyltransferases DNMT3A and DNMT3B are also DNA 5-hydroxymethylcytosine dehydroxymethylasesChun Chang Chen
Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica, Nankang, Taipei 115, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 287:33116-21. 2012..We present in vitro evidence that the mammalian de novo DNA methyltransferases DNMT3A and DNMT3B, but not the maintenance enzyme DNMT1, are also redox-dependent DNA dehydroxymethylases...
- Genetic variation in DNMT3B and increased global DNA methylation is associated with suicide attempts in psychiatric patientsT M Murphy
Department of Psychiatry and Mental Health Research and Education and Research Centre, St Vincent s University Hospital, and School of Medicine and Medical Science, University College Dublin, Dublin 4, Ireland
Genes Brain Behav 12:125-32. 2013..Here we investigate candidate functional SNPs in epigenetic-regulatory genes, DNMT1 and DNMT3B, for association with suicide attempt (SA) among patients with co-existing psychiatric illness...
- Zinc-fingers and homeoboxes 1 (ZHX1) binds DNA methyltransferase (DNMT) 3B to enhance DNMT3B-mediated transcriptional repressionSung Hak Kim
National Research Laboratory for Cancer Epigenetics, Cancer Research Institute, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 355:318-23. 2007..In order to gain a better insight into DNMT3B-mediated transcriptional repression, we performed a yeast two-hybrid analysis using DNMT3B as a bait...
- DNMT3B interacts with hSNF2H chromatin remodeling enzyme, HDACs 1 and 2, and components of the histone methylation systemTheresa M Geiman
Epigenetic Gene Regulation and Cancer Section, LRBGE NCI NIH, Bldg 41, Rm C306, 41 Library Dr, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 318:544-55. 2004..De novo DNA methyltransferase DNMT3B is critical for embryonic development and is mutated in ICF syndrome...
- Co-operation and communication between the human maintenance and de novo DNA (cytosine-5) methyltransferasesGun Do Kim
New England Biolabs, 32 Tozer Road, Beverly, MA 01915, USA
EMBO J 21:4183-95. 2002Three different families of DNA (cytosine-5) methyltransferases, DNMT1, DUMT2, DNMT3a and DNMT3b, participate in establishing and maintaining genomic methylation patterns during mammalian development...
- Dnmt3L cooperates with the Dnmt3 family of de novo DNA methyltransferases to establish maternal imprints in miceKenichiro Hata
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, 149 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Development 129:1983-93. 2002..In this study, we demonstrate that Dnmt3L, a protein sharing homology with DNA methyltransferases, Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b, but lacking enzymatic activity, is essential for the establishment of maternal methylation imprints and ..
- Overexpression of a splice variant of DNA methyltransferase 3b, DNMT3b4, associated with DNA hypomethylation on pericentromeric satellite regions during human hepatocarcinogenesisYoshimasa Saito
Pathology Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:10060-5. 2002..A DNA methyltransferase, DNMT3b, is required for methylation on pericentromeric satellite regions during mouse development...
- A novel polymorphism in human cytosine DNA-methyltransferase-3B promoter is associated with an increased risk of lung cancerHongbing Shen
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 62:4992-5. 2002..Recently, we identified a C-->T transition at a novel promoter region of cytosine DNA-methyltransferase-3B (DNMT3B) and found that this polymorphic transition significantly increases the promoter activity...
- The DNMT3B C-->T promoter polymorphism and risk of breast cancer in a British population: a case-control studyKaren G Montgomery
Victorian Breast Cancer Research Consortium, Cancer Genetics Laboratory, Peter MacCallum Cancer Center, East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Breast Cancer Res 6:R390-4. 2004..is mediated by DNA methyltransferases (DNMTs), of which three active forms have been identified: DNMT1, DNM3A and DNMT3B. The C-->T transition polymorphism (C46359T) in the promoter of the DNMT3B gene, which significantly increases ..
- A novel C/T polymorphism in the core promoter of human de novo cytosine DNA methyltransferase 3B6 is associated with prognosis in head and neck cancerLuo Wang
Department of Thoracic and Head and Neck Medical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston TX 77030, USA
Int J Oncol 25:993-9. 2004..We used the PCR-restriction fragment length polymorphism (PCR-RFLP) assay to determine the DNMT3B genotype...
- Single nucleotide polymorphism in DNA methyltransferase 3B promoter and its association with gastric cardiac adenocarcinoma in North ChinaYi Min Wang
Hebei Cancer Institute, Hebei Medical University, Jiankanglu 12, Shijiazhuang 050011, Hebei Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:3623-7. 2005To investigate the association between single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in promoter of the DNA methyltransferase 3B (DNMT3B) gene and risk for development and lymphatic metastasis of gastric cardiac adenocarcinoma (GCA).
- No evidence of correlation between the single nucleotide polymorphism of DNMT3B promoter and gastric cancer risk in a Japanese populationPhyu Phyu Aung
Department of Molecular Pathology, Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, 1 2 3 Kasumi, Minami Ku, Hiroshima 734 8551, Japan
Oncol Rep 14:1151-4. 2005..b>DNMT3B is required for the establishment and maintenance of genomic methylation patterns...
- Cigarette smoke induces demethylation of prometastatic oncogene synuclein-gamma in lung cancer cells by downregulation of DNMT3BH Liu
Department of Veterans Affairs, Palo Alto Health Care System, 3801 Miranda Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
Oncogene 26:5900-10. 2007..We show that the mRNA expression of DNMT3B is specifically downregulated by CSE with a kinetics concurrent to SNCG reexpression...
- DNMT3L connects unmethylated lysine 4 of histone H3 to de novo methylation of DNASteen K T Ooi
Department of Genetics and Development, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
Nature 448:714-7. 2007..an enzymatically inactive regulatory factor that is related in sequence to the DNA methyltransferases DNMT3A and DNMT3B. The main proteins that interact in vivo with the product of an epitope-tagged allele of the endogenous Dnmt3L ..
- DNA methyltransferase 3B promoter polymorphism and its susceptibility to primary hepatocellular carcinoma in the Chinese Han nationality population: a case-control studyYing Wu
Institute of Liver Diseases, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430030, Hubei Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 13:6082-6. 2007To investigate the correlation between C/T single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in the promoter of the DNA methyltransferase 3B (DNMT3B) gene and risk for development and progression of primary hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
- DNMT3b overexpression contributes to a hypermethylator phenotype in human breast cancer cell linesJ Devon Roll
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Mol Cancer 7:15. 2008..To determine if a hypermethylation defect occurs in breast cancer, the expression profile and promoter methylation status of methylation-sensitive genes were evaluated among breast cancer cell lines...
- DNA methyltransferase and alcohol dehydrogenase: gene-nutrient interactions in relation to risk of colorectal polypsAudrey Y Jung
Cancer Prevention Program, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, M4 B402, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:330-8. 2008..evaluated three single nucleotide polymorphisms (-149C>T, -283T>C, -579G>T) in the promoter region of the DNMT3b gene, and a functional polymorphism in the coding region of the alcohol dehydrogenase ADH1C gene, ADH1C *2...
- Polymorphisms of the DNMT3B gene and risk of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: a case-control studyZhensheng Liu
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Box 189, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Lett 268:158-65. 2008DNA-methyltransferase-3B (DNMT3B) may play an oncogenic role during tumorigenesis, and its genetic variants have been reportedly to be associated with risk of several cancers, but few studies have investigated their roles in squamous cell ..
- Decreased DNA methyltransferase 3A and 3B mRNA expression in peripheral blood mononuclear cells and increased plasma SAH concentration in adult patients with idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpuraJie Tao
State Key Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Institute of Hematology and Hospital of Blood Diseases, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, 288 Nanjing Road, Tianjin 300020, People s Republic of China
J Clin Immunol 28:432-9. 2008..The aim of this study is to explore if DNA methylation plays a role in the pathogenesis of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP)...
- A systematic search for DNA methyltransferase polymorphisms reveals a rare DNMT3L variant associated with subtelomeric hypomethylationOsman El-Maarri
Institute of Experimental Hematology and Transfusion Medicine, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 18:1755-68. 2009..variation, we performed a systematic search for polymorphisms in all known human DNMT genes [DNMT1, DNMT3A, DNMT3B, DNMT3L and DNMT2 (TRDMT1)] in 192 healthy males and females...
- DNMT3B promoter polymorphism and risk of gastric cancerJiabo Hu
Key Laboratory of Developmental Genes and Human Diseases, Ministry of Education, Southeast University, 210009, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Dig Dis Sci 55:1011-6. 2010To investigate the association of single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in DNA methyltransferase 3B (DNMT3B) gene and the risk of gastric cancer (GC), we detected -149C>T and -579G>T in the promoter region of the DNMT3B gene by ..
- The -283C/T polymorphism of the DNMT3B gene influences the progression of joint destruction in rheumatoid arthritisEon Jeong Nam
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, Kyungpook National University Hospital, Samduk 2 ga, Junggu, Daegu, 700 721, Republic of Korea
Rheumatol Int 30:1299-303. 2010The objective of this study is to investigate the association between the -283C/T polymorphism at the promotor of DNMT3B gene and susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and to evaluate the effect of the polymorphism on clinical ..
- DNMT3B (C46359T) polymorphisms and immunoexpression of DNMT3b and DNMT1 proteins in oral lichen planusThiago Fonseca-Silva
Department of Dentistry, Universidade Estadual de Montes Claros, Montes Claros, Brazil
Pathobiology 79:18-23. 2012To investigate the DNMT3B (C46359T) polymorphism and immunoexpression of DNMT3b and DNMT1 in oral lichen planus (OLP) compared to a control group.
- A DNA methylation signature associated with aberrant promoter DNA hypermethylation of DNMT3B in human colorectal cancerCovadonga Huidobro
Cancer Epigenetics Laboratory, Instituto Universitario de Oncologia del Principado de Asturias, HUCA, Universidad de Oviedo, Oviedo, Spain
Eur J Cancer 48:2270-81. 2012..Here we show that the de novo DNA methyltransferase DNMT3B is frequently repressed in human colorectal cancer cell lines (CCL) and primary tumours by aberrant DNA ..
- Association of increased DNA methyltransferase expression with carcinogenesis and poor prognosis in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomaJing jing Zhang
Department of General Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, People s Republic of China
Clin Transl Oncol 14:116-24. 2012..The main goal of this study was to examine DNMT expression in different stages of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma (PDAC), and evaluate their prognostic significance in PDAC...
- DNA methyltransferase 3B (DNMT3B -579G>T) promotor polymorphism and the susceptibility to pediatric immune thrombocytopenic purpura in EgyptMervat Mamdooh Khorshied
Department of Clinical and Chemical Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt
Gene 511:34-7. 2012..To achieve our aim, genotyping of DNMT3B -579G>T promotor polymorphism by polymerase chain reaction restriction fragment length polymorphism (PCR-RFLP) ..
- DNMT3B C46359T and SHMT1 C1420T polymorphisms in the folate pathway in carcinogenesis of head and neckMaysa Succi
Molecular Biology Research Unit UPGEM, Molecular Biology Department Genetic, Sao Jose do Rio Preto Medical School FAMERP, Bloco U6 Avenida Brigadeiro Faria Lima, no 5416, Vila São Pedro, Sao Jose do Rio Preto, 15090 000, SP, Brazil
Mol Biol Rep 41:581-9. 2014..We investigated DNMT3B C46359T (rs2424913) and SHMT1 C1420T (rs1979277) polymorphisms related to folate pathway in head and neck cancer (..
- Cloning and characterization of a family of novel mammalian DNA (cytosine-5) methyltransferasesM Okano
Nat Genet 19:219-20. 1998
- The human DNA methyltransferases (DNMTs) 1, 3a and 3b: coordinate mRNA expression in normal tissues and overexpression in tumorsK D Robertson
University of Southern California, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, MS 83, 1441 Eastlake Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 27:2291-8. 1999..The recent cloning of a new family of DNA methyltransferases (Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b) in mouse which methylate hemimethylated and unmethylated templates with equal efficiencies make them candidates ..
- DNA methyltransferases Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b are essential for de novo methylation and mammalian developmentM Okano
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Charlestown 02129, USA
Cell 99:247-57. 1999..Here we demonstrate that two recently identified DNA methyltransferases, Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b, are essential for de novo methylation and for mouse development...
- The DNMT3B DNA methyltransferase gene is mutated in the ICF immunodeficiency syndromeR S Hansen
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:14412-7. 1999..methyltransferases, we identified a genomic sequence in the ICF region that contains the homologue of the mouse Dnmt3b methyltransferase gene...
- Chromosome instability and immunodeficiency syndrome caused by mutations in a DNA methyltransferase geneG L Xu
Department of Genetics and Development, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York 10032, USA
Nature 402:187-91. 1999The recessive autosomal disorder known as ICF syndrome (for immunodeficiency, centromere instability and facial anomalies; Mendelian Inheritance in Man number 242860) is characterized by variable reductions in serum immunoglobulin levels ..
- DNMT1 and DNMT3b cooperate to silence genes in human cancer cellsIna Rhee
The Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Nature 416:552-6. 2002..We disrupted the human DNMT3b gene in a colorectal cancer cell line. This deletion reduced global DNA methylation by less than 3%...
- An essential role for DNA methyltransferase DNMT3B in cancer cell survivalNormand Beaulieu
Department of Molecular Biology, MethylGene Inc, Montreal H4S 2A1, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:28176-81. 2002..hypothesis, we have evaluated methylation and gene expression in cancer cells specifically depleted of DNMT3A or DNMT3B, de novo methyltransferases that are expressed in adult tissues...
- Dnmt3L is a transcriptional repressor that recruits histone deacetylaseRachel Deplus
Free University of Brussels, Faculty of Medicine, Laboratory of Molecular Virology, 808 Route de Lennik, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Nucleic Acids Res 30:3831-8. 2002..Here, we show that Dnmt3L, like Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b, interacts both in vitro and in vivo with the histone deacetylase HDAC1...
- DNA methyltransferase 3b contributes to oncogenic transformation induced by SV40T antigen and activated RasKenzo Soejima
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Oncogene 22:4723-33. 2003..Here we show that a de novo DNA methyltransferase, DNMT3b, substantially contributes to the oncogenic phenotype in a lung cancer model...
- Isolation and characterization of a novel DNA methyltransferase complex linking DNMT3B with components of the mitotic chromosome condensation machineryTheresa M Geiman
Epigenetic Gene Regulation and Cancer Section, LRBGE NCI NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 32:2716-29. 2004..The de novo DNA methyltransferase DNMT3B is of particular interest because it is frequently overexpressed in tumor cells and is mutated in immunodeficiency,..
- DNMT3B polymorphisms and risk of primary lung cancerSu Jeong Lee
Cancer Research Institute, Kyungpook National University Hospital, Samduk 2Ga 50, Daegu, 700 412, Korea
Carcinogenesis 26:403-9. 2005DNA-methyltransferase-3B (DNMT3B) plays an important role in the generation of aberrant methylation in carcinogenesis...
- Profound flanking sequence preference of Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b mammalian DNA methyltransferases shape the human epigenomeVikas Handa
Institut fur Biochemie, FB 08, Heinrich Buff Ring 58, Justus Liebig Universitat Giessen, 35392 Giessen, Germany
J Mol Biol 348:1103-12. 2005..We have investigated the influence of flanking sequence on the catalytic activity of the Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b de novo DNA methyltransferases using a set of synthetic oligonucleotide substrates that covers all possible +/-1 ..
- Polymorphisms in the DNA methyltransferase 3b gene and prostate cancer riskRakesh Singal
Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, 1475 NW 12th Avenue D8 4, Suite 3300, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Oncol Rep 14:569-73. 2005..A C/T polymorphism in the DNA methyltransferase 3b (DNMT3b) promoter region results in increased activity and has recently been identified as a risk factor for lung cancer...
- Site-specific DNA methylation by a complex of PU.1 and Dnmt3a/bM Suzuki
Department of Cell Genetics, Sasaki Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Oncogene 25:2477-88. 2006..Here, we show an interaction between PU.1 and DNA methyltransferases, DNA methyltransferase (Dnmt)3a and Dnmt3b (Dnmt3s). Glutathione-S-transferase pulldown assay revealed that PU...
- Genetic variants in epigenetic genes and breast cancer riskArancha Cebrian
Cancer Research UK Human Cancer Genetics Research Group, Department of Oncology, University of Cambridge, Strangeways Research Laboratories, Cambridge CB1 8RN, UK
Carcinogenesis 27:1661-9. 2006..We found some evidence for association for six SNPs: DNMT3b-c31721t [P (2 df) = 0.007], PRDM2-c99243 t [P (2 df) = 0.03] and t105413c [P-recessive = 0...
- Mutations in DNA methyltransferase DNMT3B in ICF syndrome affect its regulation by DNMT3LZheng Hua Xie
The State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 320 Yueyang Road, Shanghai 200031, China
Hum Mol Genet 15:1375-85. 2006Deficiency in DNA methyltransferase DNMT3B causes a recessive human disorder characterized by immunodeficiency, centromeric instability and facial anomalies (ICF) in association with defects in genomic methylation...
- Promoter polymorphisms of DNMT3B and the risk of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma in Taiwan: a case-control studyKai Ping Chang
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kwei Shan, TAO, Yuan, Taiwan
Oral Oncol 43:345-51. 2007Three single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of the DNMT3B promoter region, C46359T (-149C>T), -283T>C, and -579G>T might be a cancer susceptible factor for several cancers...
- Expression of Delta DNMT3B variants and its association with promoter methylation of p16 and RASSF1A in primary non-small cell lung cancerJie Wang
Molecular Biology Laboratory, Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, Department of Thoracic, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Res 66:8361-6. 2006Despite the role of DNMT3B in de novo DNA methylation, a correlation between DNMT3B expression and promoter DNA methylation has not being established in tumors...
- Lower expression of p14ARF and p16INK4a correlates with higher DNMT3B expression in human oesophageal squamous cell carcinomasTatiana de Almeida Simão
Departamento de Bioquimica, IBRAG, Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Hum Exp Toxicol 25:515-22. 2006..All DNMTs were constitutively expressed in the normal oesophageal mucosa but a significantly higher expression of DNMT3B was observed in the tumours...
- DNMT3b 39179GT polymorphism and the risk of adenocarcinoma of the colon in KoreansYoung Seoub Hong
Research Society of Environmental Genetic Epidemiology, Department of Preventive Medicine, Dong A University School of Medicine, 3 1 Dongdaeshin dong, Seo Gu, Busan 602 715, Korea
Biochem Genet 45:155-63. 2007DNA-methyltransferase-3B (DNMT3b) plays an important role in the generation of aberrant methylation in carcinogenesis...
- Cancer cells express aberrant DNMT3B transcripts encoding truncated proteinsK R Ostler
Section of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Oncogene 26:5553-63. 2007..Here, we identify over 20 DNMT3B transcripts from many cancer cell lines and primary acute leukemia cells that contain aberrant splicing at the 5' ..
- MicroRNA-29 family reverts aberrant methylation in lung cancer by targeting DNA methyltransferases 3A and 3BMuller Fabbri
Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology, and Medical Genetics, Comprehensive Cancer Center, and College of Pharmacy, Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:15805-10. 2007..These findings support a role of miR-29s in epigenetic normalization of NSCLC, providing a rationale for the development of miRNA-based strategies for the treatment of lung cancer...
- miR-148 targets human DNMT3b protein coding regionAnja M Duursma
Division of Tumor Biology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
RNA 14:872-7. 2008..Here we show that human miR-148 represses DNA methyltransferase 3b (Dnmt3b) gene expression through a region in its coding sequence...
- DNMT3B 579 G>T promoter polymorphism and risk of esophagus carcinoma in ChineseHong Fan
Key Laboratory of Developmental Genes and Human Diseases, Ministry of Education, Southeast University, Nanjing 210009, Jiangsu Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 14:2230-4. 2008To investigate the relationship between 579 G>T polymorphisms in the DNMT3B gene, which is involved in de novo methylation and associated with the risk of esophagus cancer (EC) in Chinese.
- Expression of methylation-related genes is associated with overall survival in patients with non-small cell lung cancerJ Xing
Department of Epidemiology, Unit 1340, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1155 Pressler Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Br J Cancer 98:1716-22. 2008..In this study, we measured the mRNA expression levels of three methylation-regulating genes (DNMT1, DNMT3b, and MBD2) in 148 tumour samples from patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) using quantitative real-..
- Single nucleotide polymorphism in DNMT3B promoter and the risk for idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura in Chinese populationZhenping Chen
State Key Laboratory of Experimental Hematology, Institute of Hematology and Blood Diseases Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, 288 Nanjing Road, Tianjin 300020, People s Republic of China
J Clin Immunol 28:399-404. 2008..DNA methylation is mediated by a family of DNA methyltransferases. Polymorphisms of the DNA methyltransferase 3B (DNMT3B) gene may influence DNMT3B activity on DNA methylation, thereby modulating the susceptibility to some diseases...
- MicroRNA-29b induces global DNA hypomethylation and tumor suppressor gene reexpression in acute myeloid leukemia by targeting directly DNMT3A and 3B and indirectly DNMT1Ramiro Garzon
Department of Medicine, Ohio State University, Columbus, 43210, USA
Blood 113:6411-8. 2009..myeloid leukemia cells resulted in marked reduction of the expression of DNA methyltransferases DNMT1, DNMT3A, and DNMT3B at both RNA and protein levels...
- Single nucleotide polymorphism in DNMT3B promoter and its association with hepatocellular carcinoma in a Moroccan populationSayeh Ezzikouri
Laboratoire des hépatites virales, Institut Pasteur du Maroc 1, Place Louis Pasteur, 20100 Casablanca, Morocco
Infect Genet Evol 9:877-81. 2009..The molecular bases of such disparity are still poorly understood. DNA-methyltransferase-3B (DNMT3B) may play an oncogenic role during tumorigenesis, and its genetic variants have been consistently associated with ..
- DNMT3B expression might contribute to CpG island methylator phenotype in colorectal cancerKatsuhiko Nosho
Department of Medical Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:3663-71. 2009DNA methyltransferase-3B (DNMT3B) plays an important role in de novo CpG island methylation. Dnmt3b can induce colon tumor in mice with methylation in specific CpG islands...
- DNMT3B interacts with constitutive centromere protein CENP-C to modulate DNA methylation and the histone code at centromeric regionsSuhasni Gopalakrishnan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Hum Mol Genet 18:3178-93. 2009..methylation patterns are mediated by the combined action of three DNA methyltransferases: DNMT1, DNMT3A and DNMT3B. Compelling links exist between DNMT3B and chromosome stability as emphasized by the mitotic defects that are a ..
- Selective anchoring of DNA methyltransferases 3A and 3B to nucleosomes containing methylated DNAShinWu Jeong
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, NOR 8302L, 9181, Los Angeles, CA 90089 9181, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:5366-76. 2009..These data suggest that inheritance of DNA methylation requires cues from the chromatin component in addition to hemimethylation...
- Np95 interacts with de novo DNA methyltransferases, Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b, and mediates epigenetic silencing of the viral CMV promoter in embryonic stem cellsDaniela Meilinger
Department of Biology II, Center for Integrated Protein Science Munich CIPSM, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Grosshaderner Street 2, 82152 Planegg Martinsried, Germany
EMBO Rep 10:1259-64. 2009..we show that Np95 interacts more strongly with regulatory domains of the de novo methyltransferases Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b. To investigate possible functions, we developed an epigenetic silencing assay using fluorescent reporters in ..
- A novel DNMT3B splice variant expressed in tumor and pluripotent cells modulates genomic DNA methylation patterns and displays altered DNA bindingSuhasni Gopalakrishnan
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Mol Cancer Res 7:1622-34. 2009..DNA methylation patterns are established and maintained by three DNA methyltransferases: DNMT1, DNMT3A, and DNMT3B. Interestingly, all three DNMTs make use of alternative splicing...
- Genetic variants of methyl metabolizing enzymes and epigenetic regulators: associations with promoter CpG island hypermethylation in colorectal cancerStefan de Vogel
Departments of Epidemiology, GROW School for Oncology and Developmental Biology, Nutrition and Toxicology Research Institute Maastricht, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:3086-96. 2009..associations of genetic variants of folate metabolizing enzymes (MTHFR, MTR, and MTRR), DNA methyltransferase DNMT3b, and histone methyltransferases (EHMT1, EHMT2, and PRDM2), with colorectal cancers, with or without the CpG island ..
- Epigenetic silencing of the RASSF1A tumor suppressor gene through HOXB3-mediated induction of DNMT3B expressionRajendra Kumar Palakurthy
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Programs in Gene Function and Expression and Molecular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, 364 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Mol Cell 36:219-30. 2009..We show that HOXB3 binds to the DNA methyltransferase DNMT3B gene and increases its expression...
- Polymorphisms in methyl-group metabolism genes and risk of sporadic colorectal cancer with relation to the CpG island methylator phenotypePawel Karpinski
Department of Genetics, Wroclaw Medical University, ul Marcinkowskiego 1, Wroclaw, Poland
Cancer Epidemiol 34:338-44. 2010..The aim of the present study was to evaluate whether polymorphisms in the genes encoding methyl-group metabolism pathway predispose to CIMP+ and/or CIMP- CRC...
- DNA methyltransferase DNMT3b protein overexpression as a prognostic factor in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphomasKhaled Amara
Department of Pathology, Farhat Hached Hospital, Sousse, Tunisia
Cancer Sci 101:1722-30. 2010..Therefore, we investigated in this study the biological and prognostic significance of DNMT1, DNMT3a, and DNMT3b protein expression in DLBCL...
- Effects of specific DNMT gene depletion on cancer cell transformation and breast cancer cell invasion; toward selective DNMT inhibitorsFlora Chik
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, McGill University Medical School, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Carcinogenesis 32:224-32. 2011..These data have implications on the design of new DNA methyltransferase inhibitor and on the proper utilization of current inhibitors...
- Genes methylated by DNA methyltransferase 3b are similar in mouse intestine and human colon cancerEveline J Steine
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research and Department of Biology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology MIT, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
J Clin Invest 121:1748-52. 2011..we have addressed some of these issues by demonstrating that transgenic expression of DNA methyltransferase 3b (Dnmt3b) in the mouse colon initiates de novo DNA methylation of genes that are similar to genes that become methylated in ..
- Genetic variation in the promoter of DNMT3B is associated with the risk of colorectal cancerQian Bao
Department of Life Sciences, Nanjing Normal University, Nanjing, 210046, Jiangsu Province, China
Int J Colorectal Dis 26:1107-12. 2011DNA methyltransferase-3B (DNMT3B) plays an important role in the generation of aberrant methylation in carcinogenesis...
- DNA methylation profiling reveals novel biomarkers and important roles for DNA methyltransferases in prostate cancerYuya Kobayashi
Department of Genetics, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Genome Res 21:1017-27. 2011..DNMTs) and their interacting proteins by TaqMan qPCR and observed increased expression of DNMT3A2, DNMT3B, and EZH2 in tumors...
- ICF syndrome mutations cause a broad spectrum of biochemical defects in DNMT3B-mediated de novo DNA methylationAmir H Moarefi
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, One Shields Avenue, Briggs Hall, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Mol Biol 409:758-72. 2011The DNMT3B de novo DNA methyltransferase (DNMT) plays a major role in establishing DNA methylation patterns in early mammalian development, but its catalytic mechanism remains poorly characterized...
- DNMT3B polymorphisms and cancer risk: a meta analysis of 24 case-control studiesShimiao Zhu
Department of Urology, Cangzhou Central Hospital, Cangzhou 061001, Hebei Province, China
Mol Biol Rep 39:4429-37. 2012..82 (0.63-1.07) for GT vs. TT]. We also observe that the -579G is associated with decreased risk of colorectal cancer [0.49(0.38-0.62) for GT vs. TT]. More studies with larger sample size were needed to provide more precise evidence...
- DNMT3B promoter polymorphisms and risk of late onset Alzheimer's diseaseFabio Coppede
Faculty of Medicine, University of Pisa, Italy
Curr Alzheimer Res 9:550-4. 2012..DNA methyltransferase 3b (DNMT3b) is an enzyme involved in de novo methylation of the genome during embryogenesis, expressed in progenitor cells ..
- Association of polymorphisms in DNMT1, DNMT3A, DNMT3B, MTHFR and MTRR genes with global DNA methylation levels and prognosis of autoimmune thyroid diseaseY Arakawa
Department of Biomedical Informatics, Division of Health Sciences Department of Laboratory Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka, Japan
Clin Exp Immunol 170:194-201. 2012..AITDs), we genotyped single nucleotide polymorphisms in genes encoding DNA methyltransferase 1 (DNMT1), DNMT3A, DNMT3B, methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) and methionine synthase reductase (MTRR), which are enzymes essential ..
- Association of DNMT1 and DNMT3B polymorphisms with breast cancer risk in Han Chinese women from South ChinaM Y Sun
School of Biotechnology, Southern Medical University, Guangzhou, China
Genet Mol Res 11:4330-41. 2012..This study assessed the associations of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in DNMT1, DNMT3A, DNMT3B, DNMT3L, and DNMT2 with breast cancer among Han Chinese women from South China...
- DNMT3B promoter polymorphisms and maternal risk of birth of a child with Down syndromeFabio Coppede
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Pisa University Hospital AOUP, Via S Giuseppe 22, Pisa 56126, Italy
Hum Reprod 28:545-50. 2013Are DNMT3B promoter polymorphisms among maternal risk factors for the birth of a child with Down syndrome (DS)?
- The 46359CT polymorphism of DNMT3B is associated with the risk of cervical cancerDaniel Hernández-Sotelo
Laboratorio de Biomedicina Molecular, Unidad Académica de Ciencias Químico Biológicas, Universidad Autónoma de Guerrero Chilpancingo, Guerrero Avenida Lázaro Cárdenas, C P 39090, Ciudad Universitaria, Chilpancingo, Guerrero, Mexico
Mol Biol Rep 40:4275-80. 2013Abnormal methylation is related to cancer development. Since DNMT3B is an enzyme that modulates genomic methylation, we hypothesized that genetic variants of the promoter DNMT3B may be associated with an increased risk of developing ..
- Dnmt3b, de novo DNA methyltransferase, interacts with SUMO-1 and Ubc9 through its N-terminal region and is subject to modification by SUMO-1E S Kang
Department of Biological Sciences, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Taejun, 305 701, South Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 289:862-8. 2001b>Dnmt3b, a DNA methyltransferase, is essential for mammalian development potentially through its transcription repression activity...
- Suv39h-mediated histone H3 lysine 9 methylation directs DNA methylation to major satellite repeats at pericentric heterochromatinBernhard Lehnertz
Research Institute of Molecular Pathology IMP, The Vienna Biocenter, Dr Bohrgasse 7, A 1030 Vienna, Austria
Curr Biol 13:1192-200. 2003..H3-K9 methylation was recently shown to be a prerequisite for DNA methylation in Neurospora crassa and Arabidopsis thaliana. Currently, it is unknown whether a similar dependence exists in mammalian organisms...
- DNMT3L stimulates the DNA methylation activity of Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b through a direct interactionIsao Suetake
Division of Physiology, Institute for Protein Research, Osaka University, 3 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:27816-23. 2004..Two DNA methyltransferases, Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b, are responsible for the creation of DNA methylation patterns...
- [The C46359T polymorphism of DNMT3B promoter gene and pathogenesis of acute leukemia]Yuan Li
Department of Hematology, First Hospital of Peking University, Beijing 100034, China
Zhonghua Nei Ke Za Zhi 44:588-91. 2005To explore the relationship between the polymorphism of C46359T in DNMT3B promoter and the pathogenesis of acute leukemia (AL).
- The Polycomb group protein EZH2 directly controls DNA methylationEmmanuelle Viré
Free University of Brussels, Faculty of Medicine, Laboratory of Molecular Virology, 808 Route de Lennik, 1070 Brussels, Belgium
Nature 439:871-4. 2006..Our results suggest that EZH2 serves as a recruitment platform for DNA methyltransferases, thus highlighting a previously unrecognized direct connection between two key epigenetic repression systems...
- Roles for Dnmt3b in mammalian development: a mouse model for the ICF syndromeYoshihide Ueda
Cardiovascular Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, 149 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Development 133:1183-92. 2006..anomalies) syndrome is a rare autosomal recessive disease caused by mutations in the DNA methyltransferase gene DNMT3B. To investigate the function of Dnmt3b in mouse development and to create animal models for ICF syndrome, we have ..
- DNA methyltransferase 3B (DNMT3B) mutations in ICF syndrome lead to altered epigenetic modifications and aberrant expression of genes regulating development, neurogenesis and immune functionBilian Jin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, UF Shands Cancer Center Program in Cancer Genetics, Epigenetics, and Tumor Virology, University of Florida, PO Box 100245, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Hum Mol Genet 17:690-709. 2008..established and maintained by the coordinated action of three DNA methyltransferases (DNMTs), DNMT1, DNMT3A and DNMT3B. DNMT3B hypomorphic germline mutations are responsible for two-thirds of immunodeficiency, centromere instability, ..
- The -149C>T SNP within the DeltaDNMT3B gene, is not associated with early disease onset in hereditary non-polyposis colorectal cancerS G Reeves
Discipline of Medical Genetics, Faculty of Health, University of Newcastle, The Hunter Medical Research Institute, NSW, Australia
Cancer Lett 265:39-44. 2008..Through the statistical tests of Kaplan-Meier survival analysis and Cox hazard regression models we did not observe any significant association between the DeltaDNMT3B C>T SNP and early onset CRC in HNPCC patients...
- Promoter polymorphisms of DNMT3B and the risk of colorectal cancer in Chinese: a case-control studyHong Fan
Key Laboratory of Developmental Genes and Human Diseases, Ministry of Education, Southeast University, 210009, Nanjing, PR China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 27:24. 2008DNA-methyltransferase-3B (DNMT3B), which plays a role in DNA methylation, is usually aberrant expression involved in carcinogenesis...
- DNMT3L modulates significant and distinct flanking sequence preference for DNA methylation by DNMT3A and DNMT3B in vivoBethany L Wienholz
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of California Davis, Davis, California, United States of America
PLoS Genet 6:e1001106. 2010The DNTM3A and DNMT3B de novo DNA methyltransferases (DNMTs) are responsible for setting genomic DNA methylation patterns, a key layer of epigenetic information...
- Truncated DNMT3B isoform DNMT3B7 suppresses growth, induces differentiation, and alters DNA methylation in human neuroblastomaKelly R Ostler
Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Cancer Res 72:4714-23. 2012..In this study, we examined a role for the DNA methyltransferase DNMT3B, in particular, the truncated isoform DNMT3B7, which is generated frequently in cancer...
- Double RNA interference of DNMT3b and DNMT1 enhances DNA demethylation and gene reactivationYu Wei Leu
Division of Human Cancer Genetics, Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Medical Genetics, Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, 420 West 12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Cancer Res 63:6110-5. 2003..this study, we used specific siRNAs as a tool to probe the relationship between two DNA methyltransferase genes, DNMT3b and DNMT1, in the maintenance of DNA methylation patterns in the genome...
- DNMT3B mutations and DNA methylation defect define two types of ICF syndromeY L Jiang
E367 Inserm, Institut Jacques Monod, Paris, France
Hum Mutat 25:56-63. 2005..Mutations in the catalytic domain of DNMT3B, a gene encoding a de novo DNA methyltransferase, have been recognized in a subset of patients...
- Over-expression of DNA methyltransferases and CDKN2A gene methylation status in squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavityTakashi Yakushiji
First Department of Oral and Maxillo Facial Surgery, Tokyo Dental College, Chiba 261 8502, Japan
Int J Oncol 22:1201-7. 2003..in oral squamous cell carcinomas (OSCCs), and expression of human DNA methyltransferases (DNMTs: DNMT1, DNMT3A and DNMT3B). Twenty-five pairs of primary OSCCs and matched normal oral mucosa tissues were examined...
- The de novo methyltransferases DNMT3a and DNMT3b target the murine gammaherpesvirus immediate-early gene 50 promoter during establishment of latencyKathleen S Gray
Emory Vaccine Center, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Virol 84:4946-59. 2010..DNMTs) in the establishment of these methylation marks, we infected mice in which conditional DNMT3a and DNMT3b alleles were selectively deleted in B lymphocytes...
- Impairment Activity StagingMargaret Grace Stineman; Fiscal Year: 2010..disability monitoring system applying international classification functioning, disability and health (ICF) terminology and concepts...
- Richard E Chaisson; Fiscal Year: 2015..5 The World Health Organization (WHO) has recommended that the Three I's - intensified case-finding for TB (ICF), isoniazid preventive therapy (IPT) and infection control for TB -be targeted at PLWHA...
- NIH-BIOMECHANICS IN MOVEMENT SCIENCE: BUILDING TRANSDOMAIN BRIDGESIrene S Davis; Fiscal Year: 2010..outlined in the World Health Organization (WHO) International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) will serve as the basic framework for the meeting...
- Improving Isoniazid Preventive Therapy Penetration through Intensification of CasAnthony Moll; Fiscal Year: 2013..The World Health Organization has promoted the "3Is" for TB control: 1) intensive case finding (ICF), 2) infection control and 3) isoniazid preventive therapy (IPT), and has strongly recommended implementation of ..
- Sheela Shenoi; Fiscal Year: 2015..The WHO has promoted the "3Is" for TB control: intensive case finding (ICF), infection control and isoniazid preventive therapy...
- David P Gavin; Fiscal Year: 2016..expression in the NAc in C57 mice may be explained by altered expression of DNA methylating (DNMT1, DNMT3a, and DNMT3b) or DNA demethylating genes, such as CDs, TGs, or the GADD45s...
- Subhash C Pandey; Fiscal Year: 2016..DNA methylation mechanisms in the amygdaloid brain circuitry (CeA and MeA) by determining DNMT (DNMT1, DNMT3a, and DNMT3b) expression and DNA methylation, and how changes in DNA methylation may coordinate shifts in the expression of ..
- CRAIG STUART PIKAARD; Fiscal Year: 2014..DNA methylation and chromatin modifications are also implicated in Rett, ICF, Prader-Willi, Beckwith-Wiedemann and Fragile X syndromes, as well as numerous forms of cancer...
- Leena A Hilakivi-Clarke; Fiscal Year: 2015..The increase in DNA methylation may be caused by up-regulation of DNA methyltransferases (DNMT1, DNMT3a and DNMT3b) and polycombs (EZH2, SUZ12), which we and others have found to occur in the offspring of estrogen exposed dams...
- GRANT ANTHONY CHALLEN; Fiscal Year: 2014..with myeloid-biased HSCs expressing higher levels of Dnmt3a and lymphoid-biased HSCs having higher expression of Dnmt3b, and I hypothesize that HSC lineage fate determination is at least partly controlled by the actions of DNA ..
- GENETIC ASPECTS OF DNA METHYLATIONEric U Selker; Fiscal Year: 2012..In humans, loss of a DNA methyltransferase (MTase) causes ICF syndrome, loss of the methyl- DNA binding protein MeCP2 causes Rett syndrome and abnormal methylation is ..
- The Role of DNMT3B in the DNA Methylation of Cancer CellsLUCY ANN GODLEY; Fiscal Year: 2012..My laboratory discovered that cancer cells exhibit aberrant splicing of the DNMT3B gene, which encodes one of the three DNA methyltransferases...
- ROCHELLE LEE TIEDEMANN; Fiscal Year: 2015..catalytically active DNMTs: DNMT1 serves as the maintenance methyltransferase during cell division, and DNMT3A and DNMT3B are the de novo methyltransferases that are responsible for establishing methylation patterns early in development...
- Margaret A Goodell; Fiscal Year: 2016..We hypothesize that loss of appropriate Dnmt3a or Dnmt3b expression leads to aberrant DNA methylation, altering the expression of genes that disrupt the balance between ..
- Mapping DNA methylation in hippocampal neurons through bisulfite sequencingGuoping Fan; Fiscal Year: 2012..cortex and hippocampus, we have examined expression of DNA methyltransferases (Dnmts including Dnmt1, Dnmt3a, and Dnmt3b) in the developing and adult central nervous system (CNS)...
- Wnt antagonist genes in kidney tumor progression and metastasisRajvir Dahiya; Fiscal Year: 2012..whether the mechanisms of inactivation of Wnt antagonist genes are due to DNA methyltransferase (DNMT-1, DNMT3a, DNMT3b), demethylase (MBD2) genes, histone acetylation and chromatin remodeling through analysis of these parameters in ..
- Epigenetic regulation of lens fiber cell differentiation: The role of DNA methylaMichael L Robinson; Fiscal Year: 2013..by Dnmt1, which is responsible for maintaining epigenetic methylation through cell divisions, and Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b, which are responsible for creating de novo methylation changes during development...
- DNA Hypomethylation and Cortical Neuronal DegenerationGuoping Fan; Fiscal Year: 2010..For example, we found that the two de novo DNA methyltransferases, Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b, are differentially expressed in neural precursor cells and postmitotic neurons within specific developmental ..
- Li Mao; Fiscal Year: 2014..Disregulation of DNA methyltransferases, particularly DNMT1 and DNMT3B, has been implicated in the abnormal distribution of DNA methylation patterns in tumorigenesis...
- Keith D Robertson; Fiscal Year: 2016..structure, and development in mammalian cells mediated by the action of DNA methyltransferases DNMT1, DNMT3A, and DNMT3B. While critical for normal homeostasis, deregulated methylation patterns, characterized by repetitive element and ..
- Regulation of Hematopoietic Progenitors by de novo DNA MethylationMargaret Goodell; Fiscal Year: 2011..We hypothesize that loss of appropriate Dnmt3a or Dnmt3b expression leads to aberrant DNA methylation, altering the expression of genes that disrupt the balance between ..
- MECHANISMS OF DE NOVO METHYLATION IN CANCERPeter A Jones; Fiscal Year: 2013..of DNA methylation to HCT116 derivatives (DKO) in which two of the three DNA methyltransferases (DNMT1 and DNMT3B) have been genetically knocked down...
- DE NOVO METHYLTRANSFERASES AND CANCERKatia Georgopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2003..Recently, a novel family of de novo DNA methyltransferase genes, termed Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b, have been cloned from both human and mouse...
- Patient-Reported Outcomes in Functioning for Female Pelvic Floor DisordersVivian W Sung; Fiscal Year: 2013..by developing a PFD-specific conceptual framework for functioning based on focus groups, NIH PROMIS and the WHO ICF (Aim 1)...
- DNA methylation in Neuronal and Glial DifferentiationGuoping Fan; Fiscal Year: 2007..Aberrant DNA methylation has been associated with several human mental retardation disorders including Rett, ICF, Fragile-X, and ATRX syndromes...
- DNA METHYLATION AND MAMMALIAN DEVELOPMENTEn Li; Fiscal Year: 2004..3b methyltransferases will provide new insights into epigenetic regulation of gene expression in development and will help understand how abnormal changes of DNA methylation patterns may cause diseases such as ICF syndrome and cancer.
- Zhewu Wang; Fiscal Year: 2015..dopamine/serotonin- sensitive, short interval cortical inhibition (SICI) and intra-cortical facilitation (ICF) measured through transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) is associated with combat related PTSD...
- Howard B Lieberman; Fiscal Year: 2016..We found that DNA methyltransferases DNMT1 and DNMT3b levels are aberrantly high in several prostate cancer cell lines, and can methylate a "suppressor of transcription"..
- Natarajan Muthusamy; Fiscal Year: 2015..leukemia (CLL) and acute myeloid leukemia (AML) through modulation of DNA methyltransferases [DNMT1, DNMT3A and DNMT3B], DNA hypermethylation and gene silencing and miR-181a in tumor suppressor activity by modulating pathways ..
- Melanie Fried-Oken; Fiscal Year: 2016..Theoretical framework is based on a solid Bayesian foundation;clinical usability is based on the WHO ICF (WHO, 2001) and an Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) model of participation...
- Ivo Teneng; Fiscal Year: 2014..and cell lines are characterized by increased expression of cytosine DNA methyltransferase (DNMT) 1, DNMT3a and DNMT3b. While it is known that DNMTs cooperate in de novo methylation and gene silencing, very little is known about ..
- Tara Zaugg; Fiscal Year: 2014..Callers who pass screening are sent a package containing the informed consent form (ICF) and baseline questionnaires...
- Epigenetics, Stem Cells, and CancerRudolf Jaenisch; Fiscal Year: 2010..Two complementary approaches will be pursued that either cause inhibition or ectopic activation of Dnmtl and Dnmt3b, two methyltransferases (MTases) that are crucial for maintaining and establishing genomic methylation...
- Nabil Sayed; Fiscal Year: 2014..heterochromatin in a disorder known as immunodeficiency, centromere instability and facial anomalies (ICF) syndrome...
- Guoping Fan; Fiscal Year: 2014..Recent human genetic studies have identified that most ICF syndrome patients carry genetic mutations in DNMT3B encoding a de novo DNA methyltransferase...
- Maunank Shah; Fiscal Year: 2015..Intensified Case Finding (ICF) of TB is advocated by the WHO as a strategy for HIV/TB control, but critical knowledge gaps exist...
- Activity and Participation in Ambulatory Cerebral PalsyKristie Bjornson; Fiscal Year: 2013..2) Employ skills in a cross-sectional descriptive study testing the relationship of the ICF components. 3) Enhance understanding of orthotic prescription and biomechanics...
- Towards Improved Clinical Trials in Cerebral PalsyJilda N Vargus Adams; Fiscal Year: 2010..stepwise process to identify and characterize a panel of outcome measures for patients with CP within an ICF framework, 2) perform a longitudinal clinical study to define the validity, reliability, and responsiveness of a ..
- Songtao Jia; Fiscal Year: 2016..For example, a single amino acid alteration in the PWWP domain of Dnmt3b is responsible for ICF (immunodeficiency, centromeric instability, and facial anomalies) syndrome...
- Risk Management in Developmental DisabilitesSTEVEN STAUGAITIS; Fiscal Year: 2012..residential settings across the nation, a basic assurance all public agencies must meet to receive federal HCBS and ICF/MR funding...
- NOVEL DNA METHYLTRANSFERASES IN DEVELOPMENT AND DISEASETimothy Bestor; Fiscal Year: 2002..DNMT3alpha is likely to be involved in a lethal human disease. ICF syndrome is the only genetic disorder that involves global abnormalities in methylation patterns, and DNMT3alpha ..
- EXTRA-RENAL REGULATION OF POTASSIUM HOMEOSTASISALICIA MCDONOUGH; Fiscal Year: 2004..Kidneys and muscle work in concert to maintain ECF ]. During hypokalemia muscle ICF K is redistributed to buffer the fall in ECF }...
- Leish-111f + MPL-SE vaccine development for treatment of cutaneous leishmaniasisFRANCO PIAZZA; Fiscal Year: 2006..of this research proposal include the following: develop the study protocol, develop the informed consent form (ICF), update the investigator's brochure, evaluate the study site and study staff in Tunisia, identify any non-US ..
- TARGETS AND REQUIREMENTS OF METHYLATION IN HUMAN CELLSChih Lin Hsieh; Fiscal Year: 2004..are designed to answer the following questions: 1) How do the known de novo methyltransferases, Dnmt3a and Dnmt3b, target DNA for methylation? 2) What are the requirements for de novo methylation by these two methyltransferases? ..
- Dyspnea Outcome Instrument for COPD ResearchAnna Norweg; Fiscal Year: 2009..The International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF) and the Dyspnea Theoretical Model will form the theoretical base of the DMQ-CAT...
- Assessing Quality of Life for Rehabilitation PatientsGlenn Ostir; Fiscal Year: 2009..a working knowledge of conceptual frameworks used to guide research in rehabilitation with a focus on the WHO ICF disablement model and the IOM's Enabling-Disabling Process;3) Acquire expertise in data management;4) Develop ..
- REHABILITATION OUTCOMES, COMMUNITY PARTICIPATION AND ICFDavid Gray; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- A Fibromyalgia-Specific Extension of the PROMIS NetworkDavid Williams; Fiscal Year: 2009..development of meaningful multi-dimensional instruments for FM;but recent agreement between projects within the WHO ICF initiatives and within OMERACT suggests that the time is right to initiate this type of instrument development...
- Development of a Functional Status TerminologyALEXANDER RUGGIERI; Fiscal Year: 2003..The newly adopted WHO International Classification of Functioning (WHO ICF) presents a potential organizing hierarchy for functional status representation...
- DNA Hypomethylation and Cortical Neuronal DegenerationGuoping Fan; Fiscal Year: 2009..Alternations in DNA methylation machinery have been linked to several mental retardation disorders, including Rett, ICF, Fragile-X, and ATRX syndromes, suggesting that methylation is important for neuronal development and function...
- Epigenetic Regulation of Gene ExpressionRobert Martienssen; Fiscal Year: 2003..protein lead to mental retardation in the form of immunodeficiency, centromeric instability, and facial anomalies (ICF syndrome) and Rett syndrome, respectively, while loss of imprinting leads to childhood diseases such as Angelman ..
- Root Cause Analysis in Developmental DisabilitiesSTEVEN STAUGAITIS; Fiscal Year: 2006..residential settings across the nation, a basic assurance all public agencies must meet to receive federal HCBS and ICF/MR funding...
- Gordon Conference--Epigenetic Effects of Gene ExpressionERIC SELKER; Fiscal Year: 2001..in genes encoding DNA methyltransferase and a methyl-DNA binding protein lead to diseases in humans, namely ICF syndrome and Rett Syndrome, respectively...
- FSHD Syndrome: DNA Repeats, Methylation, & ChromatinMelanie Ehrlich; Fiscal Year: 2003..It has recently been shown that cells from another genetic syndrome, ICF (a DNA methyltransferase-deficiency and chromosome instability syndrome), are undermethylated in this repeat...
- FSHD: Chromatin Structure, Looping, & ExpressionMelanie Ehrlich; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed research should elucidate new aspects of long-distance control of gene expression as well as lending clinically useful insights into this currently intractable disease. ..
- COSTS/OUTCOMES OF CALIF MH CAPITATION EXPERIMENTTeh Wei Hu; Fiscal Year: 1993..This research effort will be undertaken jointly with the State-funded evaluation contractor (Lewin/ICF Inc)...
- 2005 Epigenetics Gordon Research ConferenceJudith Bender; Fiscal Year: 2005..gene disorders such as Prader-Willi and Angelman syndromes, and mental retardation disorders such as Rett and ICF syndromes...
- Computer Adaptive Testing for OA Clinical TrialsAlan Jette; Fiscal Year: 2006..We expect the gains in precision and efficiency of score estimation to be superior over traditional fixed forms of assessments and transform outcomes monitoring in OA clinical trials research. ..
- Innovative Methods for Function and Disability AssessmentAlan Jette; Fiscal Year: 2007..The public health research and clinical communities would be the likely markets [unreadable] interested in the CAT technology that would be developed and evaluated in this STTR. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Culture and Mobility Device Use in Older AdultsLinda Resnik; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DOSAGE COMPENSATION IN MAMMALS: X-INACTIVATIONSTANLEY GARTLER; Fiscal Year: 2004The specific aims of this proposal are: i) characterization of the molecular defects in ICF syndrome, and ii) the role of shifting replication borders in tissue-specific gene regulation. I...
- Profiling Providers of Outpatient Physical TherapyLinda Resnik; Fiscal Year: 2005..Ultimately, the information from this series of studies may be used to shape the policy regarding regulation and administration of rehabilitative services. ..
- Refining Models for Risk Adjustment in Outpatient RehabilitationLinda Resnik; Fiscal Year: 2008..Lack of adjustment for comorbidity in quality measurement may foster an environment in which providers avoid treating patients with comorbid conditions who may have poorer response to treatment. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..