Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: E-cadherin
Description: cadherin 1
Alias: Arc-1, CD324, CDHE, ECAD, LCAM, UVO, cadherin-1, CAM 120/80, E-cadherin 1, cadherin 1, E-cadherin (epithelial), cadherin 1, type 1, E-cadherin (epithelial), calcium-dependent adhesion protein, epithelial, cell-CAM 120/80, epithelial cadherin, uvomorulin
Publications393 found, 100 shown here
- Meta-analysis of genome-wide association data identifies four new susceptibility loci for colorectal cancerRichard S Houlston
Section of Cancer Genetics, Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, UK
Nat Genet 40:1426-35. 2008..1 (rs10411210, RHPN2; P = 4.6 x 10(-9)) and 20p12.3 (rs961253; P = 2.0 x 10(-10)). These findings underscore the value of large sample series for discovery and follow-up of genetic variants contributing to the etiology of CRC...
- Hakai, a c-Cbl-like protein, ubiquitinates and induces endocytosis of the E-cadherin complexYasuyuki Fujita
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Str 10, 13125 Berlin, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 4:222-31. 2002..Through dynamic recycling of E-cadherin, Hakai can thus modulate cell adhesion, and could participate in the regulation of epithelial--mesenchymal transitions in development or metastasis...
- Twist is a transcriptional repressor of E-cadherin gene expression in breast cancerFarhad Vesuna
Department of Radiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 340 Traylor, 720 Rutland Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 367:235-41. 2008..Finally, the functional relevance of this regulation was verified by quantitative real-time PCR and immunohistochemistry on a cohort of breast cancer samples...
- A novel role for p120 catenin in E-cadherin functionRenee C Ireton
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
J Cell Biol 159:465-76. 2002..These data reveal a cooperative interaction between p120 and E-cadherin and a novel role for p120 that is likely indispensable in normal cells...
- Cadherin switch in tumor progressionRachel B Hazan
Department of Pathology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1014:155-63. 2004..Here, we summarize the various aspects of the E- to N-cadherin switching in epithelial carcinomas and its potential impact on metastatic progression...
- Loss of E-cadherin is not a necessity for epithelial to mesenchymal transition in human breast cancerAntoinette Hollestelle
Department of Medical Oncology, Josephine Nefkens Institute, Erasmus University Medical Center Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Breast Cancer Res Treat 138:47-57. 2013..The discrepancy between E-cadherin loss and EMT was thus reproduced in clinical samples. Together, these results indicate that in human breast cancer loss of E-cadherin is not causal for EMT and even not a necessity...
- Germline mutations of E-cadherin gene in Korean familial gastric cancer patientsK A Yoon
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Cancer Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Korea
J Hum Genet 44:177-80. 1999..In summary, we found germline mutations of the E-cadherin gene in two of five Korean familial gastric cancer patients screened...
- The lysyl oxidases LOX and LOXL2 are necessary and sufficient to repress E-cadherin in hypoxia: insights into cellular transformation processes mediated by HIF-1Ruth Schietke
Interdisciplinary Centre for Clinical Research, University of Erlangen Nuremberg, 91054 Erlangen, Germany
J Biol Chem 285:6658-69. 2010..Lysyl oxidases could be an attractive molecular target for cancers of epithelial origin, in particular because they are partly extracellular...
- Inhibition of p53 represses E-cadherin expression by increasing DNA methyltransferase-1 and promoter methylation in serous borderline ovarian tumor cellsJ C Cheng
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Child and Family Research Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Oncogene 30:3930-42. 2011..Our findings show an important role for p53 in the progression of SBOT to an invasive carcinoma, and suggest that downregulation of E-cadherin by DNMT1-mediated promoter methylation contributes to this process...
- Altered expression of E-cadherin in hepatocellular carcinoma: correlations with genetic alterations, beta-catenin expression, and clinical featuresYu Wei
Unité de Recombinaison et Expression Génétique INSERM U163, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
Hepatology 36:692-701. 2002..In conclusion, these data support the notion that E-cadherin might play diverse and seemingly paradoxic roles in HCC, reflecting specific requirements for tumor growth and spread in the liver environment...
- Epithelial to mesenchymal transition in head and neck squamous carcinoma: association of Src activation with E-cadherin down-regulation, vimentin expression, and aggressive tumor featuresMahitosh Mandal
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer 112:2088-100. 2008..In the current study, the expressions of several factors associated with the induction of EMT in HNSC cell lines and tumor specimens were investigated to define their functional and pathologic role in HNSC...
- Matrix metalloproteinase 9 is a mediator of epidermal growth factor-dependent e-cadherin loss in ovarian carcinoma cellsKaren D Cowden Dahl
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Cancer Res 68:4606-13. 2008..These data suggest that regulation of MMP-9 by EGFR may represent a novel mechanism for down-modulation of E-cadherin in ovarian cancer...
- p120 Catenin-associated Fer and Fyn tyrosine kinases regulate beta-catenin Tyr-142 phosphorylation and beta-catenin-alpha-catenin InteractionJose Piedra
Unitat de Biofisica, Departament de Bioquimica i Biologia Molecular, Facultat de Medicina, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, E 08193 Bellaterra, Spain
Mol Cell Biol 23:2287-97. 2003....
- The paradox of E-cadherin: role in response to hypoxia in the tumor microenvironment and regulation of energy metabolismKhoi Chu
Department of Experimental Therapeutics, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, USA
Oncotarget 4:446-62. 2013..Our data suggests a novel function for E-Cadherin as a bona fide signaling molecule required for the in vivo growth of aggressive breast cancer tumor cells, that retain E-Cadherin expression, in mediating their metabolic function...
- E-cadherin and beta-catenin loss of expression related to bone metastasis in prostate cancerJose Pontes
Laboratory of Medical Investigation LIM 55, Urology Department, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol 18:179-84. 2010..The aim of this study is to verify the role of adhesion molecules in the progression of prostate cancer (PC), assessing the expression of E-cadherin and beta-catenin in bone metastasis...
- E-cadherin deficiency initiates gastric signet-ring cell carcinoma in mice and manBostjan Humar
Cancer Genetics Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand
Cancer Res 69:2050-6. 2009..Together, these findings provide compelling evidence for a deficiency in cell-to-cell adhesion being sufficient to initiate diffuse gastric cancer in the absence of hyperproliferation and beta-catenin activation...
- Expression of P-aPKC-iota, E-cadherin, and beta-catenin related to invasion and metastasis in hepatocellular carcinomaGuang Sheng Du
Department of General Surgery, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, Hubei, China
Ann Surg Oncol 16:1578-86. 2009..Expression of aPKC-iota, P-aPKC-iota (activated aPKC-iota), E-cadherin, and beta-catenin in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) was measured, and correlation with clinicopathological characteristics of HCC was analyzed...
- Activation of STAT3 signal pathway correlates with twist and E-cadherin expression in hepatocellular carcinoma and their clinical significanceChuan Hai Zhang
Graduate School of Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin, People s Republic of China
J Surg Res 174:120-9. 2012....
- Downregulation of E-Cadherin enhances proliferation of head and neck cancer through transcriptional regulation of EGFRDongsheng Wang
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Mol Cancer 10:116. 2011..To understand the biological mechanisms underlying this clinical observation, we knocked down E-cad expression utilizing E-cad siRNA in four SCCHN cell lines...
- Soluble E-cadherin: a critical oncogene modulating receptor tyrosine kinases, MAPK and PI3K/Akt/mTOR signalingS M Brouxhon
Department of Emergency Medicine, Health Sciences Center, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY, USA
Oncogene 33:225-35. 2014....
- p120(ctn) binds to the membrane-proximal region of the E-cadherin cytoplasmic domain and is involved in modulation of adhesion activityT Ohkubo
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima 890 8520, Japan
J Biol Chem 274:21409-15. 1999..Together, these results indicate that p120(ctn) is a modulator of E-cadherin-mediated cell adhesion...
- Hypoxia attenuates the expression of E-cadherin via up-regulation of SNAIL in ovarian carcinoma cellsTsutomu Imai
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shinshu University School of Medicine, Matsumoto, Japan
Am J Pathol 163:1437-47. 2003..These findings suggest that hypoxia plays an important role in the change in intercellular attachment, which may be involved in the initiation of tumor progression of ovarian cancer cells...
- Lef-1 isoforms regulate different target genes and reduce cellular adhesionSarah Jesse
Department of Internal Medicine I, University of Ulm, D 89081 Ulm, Germany
Int J Cancer 126:1109-20. 2010..Our findings indicate that expression of alternatively spliced Lef-1 isoforms is involved in the determination of proliferative or migratory characteristics of pancreatic carcinoma cells...
- Predicting invasive phenotype with CDH1, CDH13, CD44, and TIMP3 gene expression in primary breast cancerAydan Celebiler Cavusoglu
Department of Basic Oncology, Dokuz Eylul University, Izmir, Turkiye
Cancer Sci 100:2341-5. 2009..In double-negative tumor tissues, CD44 can be considered a marker for aggressive properties...
- Fyn mediates transforming growth factor-beta1-induced down-regulation of E-cadherin in human A549 lung cancer cellsAn Na Kim
Department of Biochemistry, College of Natural Sciences, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon 200 701, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 407:181-4. 2011..Collectively, our findings identify a Fyn-p38-Snail cascade as a new signaling pathway mediating oncogenic TGF-β function...
- E-cadherin and APC compete for the interaction with beta-catenin and the cytoskeletonJ Hülsken
Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine, Berlin, Germany
J Cell Biol 127:2061-9. 1994....
- Regulation of cadherin stability and turnover by p120ctn: implications in disease and cancerAlbert B Reynolds
Department of Cancer Biology, Vanderbilt University, 440 PRB, 2220 Pierce Ave, Nashville, TN 37232 6840, USA
Semin Cell Dev Biol 15:657-63. 2004..Thus, it is possible that the classic observation of E-cadherin-deficiency in metastatic cancer may in some cases be due to p120 downregulation rather than better understood mechanisms acting at the level of E-cadherin transcription...
- The E-cadherin-catenin complex in tumour metastasis: structure, function and regulationI R Beavon
Department of Anatomical Pathology, School of Pathology, South African Institute for Medical Research and University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Eur J Cancer 36:1607-20. 2000..The interaction of the E-cadherin-catenin complex with various regulating factors, their effect on cell signalling pathways, and the relationship with the metastatic potential of tumours are reviewed...
- DeltaEF1 is a transcriptional repressor of E-cadherin and regulates epithelial plasticity in breast cancer cellsAndreas Eger
Max F Perutz Laboratories, University Department at the Vienna Biocenter, Department of Medical Biochemistry, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Oncogene 24:2375-85. 2005..RNA interference-mediated downregulation of deltaEF1 in cancer cells was sufficient to derepress E-cadherin expression and restore cell to cell adhesion, suggesting that deltaEF1 is a key player in late stage carcinogenesis...
- Active Rab11 and functional recycling endosome are required for E-cadherin trafficking and lumen formation during epithelial morphogenesisMarion Desclozeaux
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, University of Queensland, Brisbane 4072 Queensland, Australia
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 295:C545-56. 2008The correct targeting and trafficking of the adherens junction protein epithelial cadherin (E-cadherin) is a major determinant for the acquisition of epithelial cell polarity and for the maintenance of epithelial integrity...
- Identification of a physiological E2 module for the human anaphase-promoting complexAdam Williamson
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:18213-8. 2009..We conclude that UbcH10 and Ube2S constitute a physiological E2-module for APC/C, the activity of which is required for spindle assembly and cell division...
- Altered expression of E-cadherin by hepatocyte growth factor and effect on the prognosis of nasopharyngeal carcinomaLi Qiong Xie
Department of Pathology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Ann Surg Oncol 17:1927-36. 2010..This study investigated HGF-induced altered expression of E-cadherin and the relationship between prognosis and modulation of E-cadherin by HGF in NPC...
- Gain of oncogenic function of p53 mutants regulates E-cadherin expression uncoupled from cell invasion in colon cancer cellsLauréline Roger
Universités Montpellier 2 et 1, CRBM, CNRS UMR 5237, 1919 Route de Mende, 34293 Montpellier, France
J Cell Sci 123:1295-305. 2010..These findings indicate that independent control of E-cadherin expression and cell motility could be essential molecular events in p53 mutant-induced invasive phenotypes...
- The epidermal growth factor receptor modulates the interaction of E-cadherin with the actin cytoskeletonR B Hazan
Department of Surgery, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
J Biol Chem 273:9078-84. 1998....
- Slug Expression in the E-cadherin preserved tumors is related to prognosis in patients with esophageal squamous cell carcinomaYasuto Uchikado
Department of Surgical Oncology, Digestive Surgery, Graduate School of Medicine, Kagoshima University, 8 35 1 Sakuragaoka, Kagoshima 890 8520, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 11:1174-80. 2005..The purpose of the present study was to evaluate the clinical significance of E-cadherin and Slug expression in ESCC...
- E-cadherin gene mutations provide clues to diffuse type gastric carcinomasK F Becker
GSF Forschungzentrum für Umwelt und Gesundheit, Institut fur Pathologie, Oberschleissheim, Germany
Cancer Res 54:3845-52. 1994..Our study provides strong in vivo evidence that E-cadherin gene mutations may contribute to the development of diffusely growing gastric carcinomas and support a tumor/metastasis suppressor gene hypothesis...
- Regulation of E-cadherin endocytosis by nectin through afadin, Rap1, and p120ctnTakashi Hoshino
Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine Faculty of Medicine, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
J Biol Chem 280:24095-103. 2005....
- E-cadherin, beta-catenin, and ZEB1 in malignant progression of cancerOtto Schmalhofer
Department of Visceral Surgery, University of Freiburg, Hugstetter Strasse 55, 79106, Freiburg, Germany
Cancer Metastasis Rev 28:151-66. 2009....
- Loss of E-cadherin promotes the growth, invasion and drug resistance of colorectal cancer cells and is associated with liver metastasisXiaobing Chen
Henan Cancer Hospital, The Affiliated Cancer Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, China
Mol Biol Rep 39:6707-14. 2012..Thus, E-cadherin can act as a central modulator of the cell biological phenotypes and a potential prognostic marker in Colorectal cancer...
- The predictive value of serum soluble E-cadherin levels in breast cancer patients undergoing preoperative systemic chemotherapyG Hofmann
Division of Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, Medical University of Graz, Auenbruggerplatz 15, 8036 Graz, Austria
Clin Biochem 46:1585-9. 2013..We, therefore, hypothesized that serum sE-cadherin levels measured before PST may correlate with pathological response...
- Cleavage and shedding of E-cadherin after induction of apoptosisU Steinhusen
Departments of Medical Oncology and Tumorimmunology, Max Delbrück Center of Molecular Medicine, Robert Rossle Strasse 10, D 13092 Berlin, Germany
J Biol Chem 276:4972-80. 2001....
- Association of the -160 C --> a promoter polymorphism of E-cadherin gene with gastric carcinoma riskMing Shiang Wu
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Cancer 94:1443-8. 2002..This allelic variation might be a potential genetic marker for identifying individuals at risk for cancer. There remains no report regarding the polymorphism of E-cadherin in gastric carcinoma (GC)...
- CDH1 c-160a promotor polymorphism is not associated with risk of stomach cancerPaul D P Pharoah
Department of Oncology, University of Cambridge, Strangeways Research Laboratories, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 101:196-7. 2002..3 (95% CI 0.98-1.8) and 1.2 (0.68-2.0) for rare homozygotes compared with common homozygotes. We found no evidence for differences in risk for the intestinal- and diffuse-type histopathologic subgroups...
- Association of CDH1 haplotypes with susceptibility to sporadic diffuse gastric cancerBostjan Humar
Cancer Genetics Laboratory, University of Otago, Dunedin, Aotearoa, New Zealand
Oncogene 21:8192-5. 2002..004). However, this analysis suggested the -160C-->A CDH1 promoter polymorphism may be in linkage disequilibrium with a distinct aetiological locus or acts in combination with other functional variants in or near the CDH1 region...
- A single nucleotide polymorphism in the E-cadherin gene promoter-160 is not associated with risk of Korean gastric cancerWon Sang Park
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea
J Korean Med Sci 18:501-4. 2003..These results suggest that the -160 C/A polymorphism of the E-cadherin has no direct effect on the risk of Korean gastric cancer development and on its histological classification...
- E-cadherin gene C-160A promoter polymorphism and risk of non-cardia gastric cancer in a Chinese populationYan Lu
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Nanjing Medical University School of Public Health, Nanjing 210029, Jiangsu Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 11:56-60. 2005..To test the hypothesis that E-cadherin gene (CDH1) C-160A promoter variant genotype is associated with an increased risk for developing gastric cancer...
- Critical role of the fifth domain of E-cadherin for heterophilic adhesion with alpha E beta 7, but not for homophilic adhesionKiyono Shiraishi
Project Research Laboratory, Research Center for Genomic Medicine, Saitama Medical Center, Saitama Medical School, 1397 1 Yamane, Hidaka, Saitama 350 1241, Japan
J Immunol 175:1014-21. 2005....
- Functional analysis and case-control study of -160C/A polymorphism in the E-cadherin gene promoter: association with cancer riskFrancesca Cattaneo
Department of Genetics and Microbiology, University of Pavia, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Anticancer Res 26:4627-32. 2006..Due to the crucial role of E-cadherin in epithelia, tissue-specific effect of C-->A change on CDH1 transcription was tested and a case-control study was performed on patients affected with epithelial tumors...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms in the promoter region of the E-cadherin gene in gastric cancer: case-control study in a young Mexican populationHeriberto Medina-Franco
Department of Surgery, Section of Surgical Oncology, National Institute of Medical Sciences and Nutrition Salvador Zubiran, Vasco de Quiroga 15, Colonia Seccion XVI, Tlalpan, Mexico City, Mexico
Ann Surg Oncol 14:2246-9. 2007..We evaluated the role of the -160A allele in the risk of gastric cancer in a young Mexican population...
- The E-cadherin gene polymorphism 160C->A and cancer risk: A HuGE review and meta-analysis of 26 case-control studiesGui Ying Wang
Laboratory of Population and Quantitative Genetics, Institute of Genetics and Biostatistics, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Am J Epidemiol 167:7-14. 2008..These findings indicate that -160A of the E-cadherin gene is emerging as a low-penetrance tumor susceptibility allele for the development of gastric, lung, prostate, and urothelial cancers...
- Meta-analysis: tumour invasion-related genetic polymorphisms and gastric cancer susceptibilityL Gao
Division of Clinical Epidemiology and Aging Research, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 28:565-73. 2008..Host genetic susceptibility has been suggested as one of the most important possible explanations for interindividual difference in gastric cancer (GC) risk...
- CDH1 C-160A promoter polymorphism and gastric cancer riskGiovanni Corso
Department of Human Pathology and Oncology, Unit of Surgical Oncology, Translational Research Laboratory, Istituto Toscano Tumori, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Eur J Cancer Prev 18:46-9. 2009..Similarly, genotype was not associated with intestinal or diffuse histotypes, or with cardia or noncardia carcinomas. In conclusion, the C-160A polymorphism is not associated with GC risk in the Italian population...
- p120ctn isoform 1 expression significantly correlates with abnormal expression of E-cadherin and poor survival of lung cancer patientsYuan Miao
Department of Pathology, First Affiliated Hospital and College of Basic Medical Sciences of China Medical University, 110001, Shenyang, China
Med Oncol 27:880-6. 2010..Over-expression of p120ctn isoform 1 positively correlated with poor prognosis of lung cancer patients, and therefore may be a useful marker of lung cancer patient survival...
- Cadherin switching and activation of p120 catenin signaling are mediators of gonadotropin-releasing hormone to promote tumor cell migration and invasion in ovarian cancerL W T Cheung
School of Biological Sciences, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, PR China
Oncogene 29:2427-40. 2010..These results identify for the first time cadherin switching and p120(ctn) signaling as important targets of GnRH function and as novel mediators of invasiveness and tumor progression in ovarian cancer...
- Association of E-cadherin (CDH1) gene polymorphisms and gastric cancer riskMansour S Al-Moundhri
Medical Oncology Unit, Department of Medicine, College of Medicine and Health Sciences, Sultan Qaboos University, PO Box 35, Muscat 123, Sultanate of Oman
World J Gastroenterol 16:3432-6. 2010..To investigate the associations between CDH1 gene polymorphisms and gastric cancer (GC) risk predisposition...
- Slit-Robo signaling induces malignant transformation through Hakai-mediated E-cadherin degradation during colorectal epithelial cell carcinogenesisWei Jie Zhou
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China
Cell Res 21:609-26. 2011..We conclude that engagement of Robo1 by Slit2 induces malignant transformation through Hakai-mediated E-cad ubiquitination and lysosomal degradation during colorectal epithelial cell carcinogenesis...
- Nuclear localization of E-cadherin but not beta-catenin in human ovarian granulosa cell tumours and normal ovarian follicles and ovarian stromaYoshihiro Ohishi
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Histopathology 58:423-32. 2011..The aim of this study was to confirm subcellular localization of key molecules of Wnt signalling (beta-catenin and E-cadherin) in human ovarian GCTs...
- E-cadherin gene polymorphisms in asthma patients using inhaled corticosteroidsD Ierodiakonou
Dept of Epidemiology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Eur Respir J 38:1044-52. 2011..These effects are modified by the use of inhaled corticosteroids...
- Role of E-cadherin in antimigratory and antiinvasive efficacy of silibinin in prostate cancer cellsGagan Deep
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Denver, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 4:1222-32. 2011....
- CDH1 gene polymorphisms, plasma CDH1 levels and risk of gastric cancer in a Chinese populationZhen Zhan
Discipline of Chinese and Western Integrative Medicine, Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine, Nanjing 210046, China
Mol Biol Rep 39:8107-13. 2012..Further studies are warranted to verify these findings...
- E-cadherin and adherens-junctions stability in gastric carcinoma: functional implications of glycosyltransferases involving N-glycan branching biosynthesis, N-acetylglucosaminyltransferases III and VSalomé S Pinho
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology of the University of Porto IPATIMUP, Rua Dr Roberto Frias s n, 4200 465 Porto, Portugal
Biochim Biophys Acta 1830:2690-700. 2013..We have previously demonstrated the existence of a bi-directional cross-talk between E-cadherin and two major N-glycan processing enzymes, N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase-III or -V (GnT-III or GnT-V)...
- CDH1 germline mutations and the hereditary diffuse gastric and lobular breast cancer syndrome: a multicentre studyPatrick R Benusiglio
Consultation d Oncogénétique, Departement de Medecine Oncologique, Institut Gustave Roussy, 114 rue Edouard Vaillant, Villejuif 94805, France
J Med Genet 50:486-9. 2013....
- Expression of E-cadherin, Twist, and p53 and their prognostic value in patients with oral squamous cell carcinomaChi Chen Fan
Laboratory of Physiology, Mackay Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 139:1735-44. 2013..In this study, we aimed to determine the levels of E-cadherin, Twist, and p53 in tumor tissues from patients with oral squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC) and their clinical significances...
- Beta-catenin mediates alteration in cell proliferation, motility and invasion of prostate cancer cells by differential expression of E-cadherin and protein kinase D1Viqar Syed
Division of Urology, Department of Surgery, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
J Cell Biochem 104:82-95. 2008..This study establishes the functional significance of combined dysregulation of PKD1 and E-cadherin in PC and that their effect on cell growth is mediated by beta-catenin...
- Possible regulatory role of Snail in NF-κB-mediated changes in E-cadherin in gastric cancerZenan Hu
First Clinical Medical School of Lanzhou University, Lanzhou 730000, PR China
Oncol Rep 29:993-1000. 2013..Further studies may reveal whether targeting the NF-κB-Snail-E-cadherin axis could be a useful approach for combating gastric cancer...
- Altered E-cadherin expression and p120 catenin localization in esophageal squamous cell carcinomaYvonne Chung
Division of Esophageal Surgery, Department of Surgery, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, University of Hong Kong Medical Centre, Queen Mary Hospital, 102 Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong, China
Ann Surg Oncol 14:3260-7. 2007..Dysregulated expression and mislocalization of p120ctn affect the protective function of the complex. The objective of the present study was to evaluate the clinical significance of E-cadherin and p120ctn expression in ESCC...
- Nuclear translocation of β-catenin and decreased expression of epithelial cadherin in human papillomavirus-positive tonsillar cancer: an early event in human papillomavirus-related tumour progression?Markus Stenner
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, School of Medicine, University Hospital of Cologne, Cologne, Germany
Histopathology 58:1117-26. 2011..High-risk human papillomaviruses (HPVs) constitute an important risk factor for tonsillar cancer. This study describes changes in cell adhesion molecules during metastasis of HPV-related and HPV-unrelated tonsillar carcinomas...
- The E-cadherin gene (CDH1) variants T340A and L599V in gastric and colorectal cancer patients in KoreaH C Kim
Cancer and Immunogenetics Laboratory, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Gut 47:262-7. 2000..Germline mutations in E-cadherin (CDH1) have been reported in families with early onset, diffuse gastric cancer. More recently, mutations in CDH1 have been described in colorectal cancer cell lines...
- A germline E-cadherin mutation in a family with gastric and colon cancerS Salahshor
Department of Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institute, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Int J Mol Med 8:439-43. 2001....
- Extracellular calcium and calcium sensing receptor function in human colon carcinomas: promotion of E-cadherin expression and suppression of beta-catenin/TCF activationSubhas Chakrabarty
Department of Molecular Pathology, University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 63:67-71. 2003..In addition, the promotion of E-cadherin and suppression of beta-catenin/T cell factor may be an important mechanism underlying the chemopreventive action of Ca(2+) in colon cancer...
- Characterization of E-cadherin endocytosis in isolated MCF-7 and chinese hamster ovary cells: the initial fate of unbound E-cadherinAndrew D Paterson
School for Biomedical Science, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Brisbane, Australia 4072
J Biol Chem 278:21050-7. 2003..Taken with earlier reports, this suggests the possibility that multiple pathways exist for E-cadherin entry into cells that are likely to reflect cell context and regulation...
- Endocytosis is required for E-cadherin redistribution at mature adherens junctionsSimon de Beco
Centre de Recherche, Institut Curie, F 75248 Paris, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:7010-5. 2009..Our results point to the possibility that a direct mechanical coupling between endocytosis efficiency and cadherin-mediated forces at junctions could help to regulate intercellular adhesion and locally stabilize epithelia...
- Genetic and protein changes of E-cadherin in meningiomasNives Pecina-Slaus
Croatian Institute for Brain Research, School of Medicine, University of Zagreb, Croatia
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 136:695-702. 2010..The molecular mechanisms and candidate genes involved in development of meningiomas still needs investigation and elucidation...
- Upregulation of vimentin and aberrant expression of E-cadherin/beta-catenin complex in oral squamous cell carcinomas: correlation with the clinicopathological features and patient outcomeLai Kui Liu
Department of Oral Pathology, College of Stomatology, Nanjing Medical University, Jiangsu 210029, China
Mod Pathol 23:213-24. 2010..The combination of the upregulation of vimentin and aberrant expression of E-cadherin/beta-catenin complexes at the tumour invasive front may provide a useful prognostic marker in oral squamous cell carcinoma...
- Aberrant gene methylation in the peritoneal fluid is a risk factor predicting peritoneal recurrence in gastric cancerMasatsugu Hiraki
Department of Surgery, Saga University Faculty of Medicine, 5 1 1 Nabeshima, Saga 849 8501, Japan
World J Gastroenterol 16:330-8. 2010..To investigate whether gene methylation in the peritoneal fluid (PF) predicts peritoneal recurrence in gastric cancer patients...
- Methylation status of CDH1 gene in samples of gastric mucous from Brazilian patients with chronic gastritis infected by Helicobacter pyloriErika Kague
Hemocentro, Faculdade de Medicina, UNESP, Botucatu, SP, Brazil
Arq Gastroenterol 47:7-12. 2010..The inactivation of this gene can increase the chance of metastasis. Promoter methylation of CDH1 at early steps of gastric carcinogenesis is not yet completely understood...
- Regulation of Skp2 levels by the Pim-1 protein kinaseBo Cen
Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
J Biol Chem 285:29128-37. 2010..Consistent with these observations, we show that Pim-1 is able to cooperate with Skp2 to signal S phase entry. Our data reveal a novel Pim-1 kinase-dependent signaling pathway that plays a crucial role in cell cycle regulation...
- E-cadherin antagonizes transforming growth factor β1 gene induction in hepatic stellate cells by inhibiting RhoA-dependent Smad3 phosphorylationIl Je Cho
Innovative Drug Research Center for Metabolic and Inflammatory Disease, College of Pharmacy and Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
Hepatology 52:2053-64. 2010..Liver fibrosis is accompanied by the loss of E-cadherin (ECAD), which promotes the process of epithelial-mesenchymal transition...
- Foxo3a suppression of urothelial cancer invasiveness through Twist1, Y-box-binding protein 1, and E-cadherin regulationMasaki Shiota
Department of Urology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 16:5654-63. 2010..Foxo3a is a member of the Foxo transcription factor family that modulates the expression of various genes. We aimed to elucidate the role of Foxo3a in UC invasion...
- E-cadherin polymorphisms and haplotypes influence risk for prostate cancerCarolina Bonilla
Human Cancer Genetics, Comprehensive Cancer Center, The Ohio State University, Columbus 43210, USA
Prostate 66:546-56. 2006..Several polymorphisms, such as the C/A variant -160 base pairs from the transcription start site, in the CDH1 gene promoter region have been associated with cancer risk, mainly in European descent populations...
- Allele-specific CDH1 downregulation and hereditary diffuse gastric cancerHugo Pinheiro
Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology, University of Porto IPATIMUP, Porto 4200 465, Portugal
Hum Mol Genet 19:943-52. 2010..Germline CDH1 AI is highly frequent among CDH1 mutation-negative probands but was not seen in cancer-free individuals. This implicates the CDH1 locus in the majority of mutation-negative HDGC families...
- [Influence of E-cadherin promoter methylation and mutation of beta-catenin on invasion and metastasis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma cells]Zhi Li
Department of Pathology, Sun Yat sen Medical College, Zhong Shan University, Guangzhou 510089, China
Zhonghua Zhong Liu Za Zhi 25:238-42. 2003..To study the mechanism of invasion and metastasis in early nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC) in relation to E-cadherin promoter methylation and mutation in exon 3 of beta-catenin...
- The E-cadherin -347G->GA promoter polymorphism and its effect on transcriptional regulationYong Shin
Korean Hereditary Tumor Registry, Cancer Research Center and Cancer Research Institute, Seoul National University, South Korea
Carcinogenesis 25:895-9. 2004..05) compared with the G homozygous genotype. Taken together, these results suggest that the GA allele may cause weak transcription factor binding affinity and low transcriptional activity in E-cadherin expression...
- E-cadherin suppression directs cytoskeletal rearrangement and intraepithelial tumor cell migration in 3D human skin equivalentsAddy Alt-Holland
Division of Cancer Biology and Tissue Engineering, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology, School of Dental Medicine Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Invest Dermatol 128:2498-507. 2008..Thus, loss of E-cadherin-mediated adhesion led to the acquisition of phenotypic properties that augmented cell motility and directed the transition from the precancer to cancer in skin-like tissues...
- Comparative analysis of the expression of cytokeratins (1, 10, 14, 16, 4), involucrin, filaggrin and e-cadherin in plane warts and epidermodysplasia verruciformis plane wart-type lesionsAndrezza C N Barcelos
Department of Dermatology, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Cutan Pathol 36:647-54. 2009..Epidermodysplasia verruciformis (EV) is a rare genodermatosis with susceptibility to human papillomavirus (HPV) infection, and high risk of skin cancer considered a model of viral oncogenesis...
- Promoter methylation of DAPK1, E-cadherin and thrombospondin-1 in de novo and therapy-related myeloid neoplasmsMariangela Greco
Istituto di Ematologia, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Roma, Italy
Blood Cells Mol Dis 45:181-5. 2010....
- The regulatory or phosphorylation domain of p120 catenin controls E-cadherin dynamics at the plasma membraneYuri Fukumoto
Eppley Institute for Research in Cancer and Allied Diseases, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 7696, USA
Exp Cell Res 314:52-67. 2008..These data suggest that serine/threonine phosphorylation of p120 influences the dynamics of E-cadherin in junctions...
- Serum response factor enhances liver metastasis of colorectal carcinoma via alteration of the E-cadherin/beta-catenin complexHa Na Choi
Department of Pathology, Medical School and Institute for Medical Sciences, Chonbuk National University, Jeonbuk 561 756, Korea
Oncol Rep 21:57-63. 2009..These results indicate that overexpression of SRF in colorectal carcinoma cells is associated with modulation of E-cadherin/beta-catenin expression and may play an important role in colorectal cancer metastasis...
- p120ctn and P-cadherin but not E-cadherin regulate cell motility and invasion of DU145 prostate cancer cellsSandra Kümper
Randall Division of Cell and Molecular Biophysics, King s College London, London, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 5:e11801. 2010..p120ctn is known to regulate cell-cell adhesion by increasing cadherin stability, but the effects of other adherens junction components on cell-cell adhesion have not been compared with that of p120ctn...
- The ins and outs of E-cadherin traffickingDavid M Bryant
Institute for Molecular Bioscience and School of Molecular and Microbial Sciences, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
Trends Cell Biol 14:427-34. 2004....
- Identification of seven novel germline mutations in the human E-cadherin (CDH1) geneH More
Cancer Genetics Laboratory, University of Otago, Dunedin, Aotearoa, New Zealand
Hum Mutat 28:203. 2007..Together with the occurrence of extra-gastric tumours such as lobular breast and colorectal cancer, these findings further extend the types of CDH1 mutations and the spectrum of tumours associated with HDGC...
- Proteolysis of CDH1 enhances susceptibility to UV radiation-induced apoptosisWeijun Liu
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 1863, USA
Carcinogenesis 29:263-72. 2008..The present results unveil a novel role for the APC in UV-induced cell death and demonstrate a new regulatory mechanism for APC/CDH1 through proteolysis...
- Activated androgen receptor downregulates E-cadherin gene expression and promotes tumor metastasisYan Nian Liu
Institute of Medical Sciences, Tzu Chi University, Hualien, Taiwan
Mol Cell Biol 28:7096-108. 2008..These results suggest that, similarly to Snail and Twist, the activated AR can downregulate E-cadherin expression to promote the activation of epithelial-mesenchymal transition and tumor metastasis...
- Myristoylated Naked2 antagonizes Wnt-beta-catenin activity by degrading Dishevelled-1 at the plasma membraneTianhui Hu
Cancer Research Center, Xiamen University Medical College, Xiamen, 361005 Fujian, China
J Biol Chem 285:13561-8. 2010..These results provide a mechanism by which NKD2 antagonizes Wnt signaling: myristoylated NKD2 interacts with Dvl-1 at the plasma membrane, and this interaction leads to their mutual ubiquitin-mediated proteasomal degradation...
- The association of cyclin D1 G870A and E-cadherin C-160A polymorphisms with the risk of colorectal cancer in a case control study and meta-analysisXiang Lin Tan
Division of Cancer Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Cancer 122:2573-80. 2008..However, the CCND1 G870A polymorphism may modify the protective effect of postmenopausal hormone use on the development of CRC...
- E-cadherin-catenin cell-cell adhesion complex and human cancerB P Wijnhoven
Departments of Surgery and Pathology, Erasmus University Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Br J Surg 87:992-1005. 2000..Recently, much progress has been made in understanding the interaction between the different components of this protein complex and how this cell-cell adhesion complex is modulated in cancer cells...
- Screening E-cadherin in gastric cancer families reveals germline mutations only in hereditary diffuse gastric cancer kindredCarla Oliveira
Cancer Genomics Program, Department of Oncology, University of Cambridge, Hutchison MRC Research Centre, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge, UK
Hum Mutat 19:510-7. 2002..These results add support to the evidence that only HDGC families harbor germline mutations in CDH1 and that genes other than CDH1 remain to be identified...
- Collagen type I-induced Smad-interacting protein 1 expression downregulates E-cadherin in pancreatic cancerY Imamichi
Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Ulm, Ulm, Germany
Oncogene 26:2381-5. 2007..Taken together, these results suggest that SIP1 is involved in the progression of pancreatic cancer and plays a role in mediating signal transduction from collagen type I to downregulate E-cadherin expression...
- Endoplasmic reticulum quality control: a new mechanism of E-cadherin regulation and its implication in cancerJoana Simões-Correia
IPATIMUP, Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology of the University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
Hum Mol Genet 17:3566-76. 2008..We show that ERQC plays a major role in E-cadherin regulation and propose that overcoming this regulation may represent an approach to rescue E-cadherin expression and functionality in cancer...
- Somatic mutations and deletions of the E-cadherin gene predict poor survival of patients with gastric cancerGiovanni Corso
University of Siena and Instituto Toscano Tumori, Italy
J Clin Oncol 31:868-75. 2013..Surgery remains the primary option in GC treatment. The aim of this study was to investigate the impact of somatic CDH1 alterations in prognosis and survival of patients with GC...
- Integrin-mediated functional polarization of Caco-2 cells through E-cadherin--actin complexesCyrille Schreider
INSERM U505, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, EPHE, 15 rue de l Ecole de Medecine, 75006 Paris, France
J Cell Sci 115:543-52. 2002....
- James J Hickman; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- MARY SHARON STACK; Fiscal Year: 2015..soluble microenvironmental regulators EGF and lysophosphatidic acid (LPA) in regulation of epithelial (E)-cadherin (Ecad) expression and function...
- A chemical crosslinking strategy to determine DNA methylating protein complexesLUCY ANN GODLEY; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, the new chemistry allows formation of DNMT-DNA complexes at high efficiency, which could facilitate the structural characterization of human DNMT-DNA complexes. ..
- Promoter Specific Hypermethylation Sensors for Early Cancer DetectionIndraneel Ghosh; Fiscal Year: 2011..This approach if successful will rapidly distinguish between normal and cancerous tissues in a clinical setting without the requirement for bisulfite treatment, PCR amplification, and sequencing. ..
- Chou Zen Giam; Fiscal Year: 2014..The study will provide molecular insights that can lead to the development of treatment strategies for human cancer. ..
- CHANGYAN CHEN; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Characterization of JNK in Cell Cycle ControlZE apos EV A RONAI; Fiscal Year: 2012..Using biochemical, cellular and genetic models our proposed studies will delineate the requirements and regulation of this newly identified regulatory lobe along the cell cycle and DNA damage response. ..
- Mark J Solomon; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our studies will further our understanding of this essential cell cycle regulatory process and, in the longer term, provide targets for therapeutic intervention, directed towards the APC itself or the DUBs acting on its substrates. ..
- Direct Detection of Hypermethylation in CancerIndraneel Ghosh; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Treating type 2 diabetes with menin inhibitorsFrank Leu; Fiscal Year: 2013..These compounds will represent a new class of anti-diabetic drugs, orally administered, negating the need for repeated injections of exogenous insulin in the 17 million US patients diagnosed with T2D. ..
- Neuronal CDh1 Regulation and Involvement in Synaptic Plasticity and MemoryJoseph E Pick; Fiscal Year: 2011..Understanding both the regulatory mechanism of Cdh1 and its involvement in plasticity and memory will allow new therapeutic targets to prevent the onset of Alzheimer's disease ..
- Disabling of the Anaphase Promoting Complex by Human CytomegalovirusDEBORAH HYE SPECTOR; Fiscal Year: 2010..The serious problems associated with HCMV infections have provided a major impetus for understanding the molecular and cellular biology of the virus and the regulatory pathways governing its replication and interactions with the host. ..
- ID2 IN CELL CYCLE REGULATION AND CANCERAntonio Iavarone; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed work will define the mechanisms underlying regulation of Id2 and enhance our understanding of the involvement of uncontrolled Id2 activity in human cancer. ..
- Wenyi Wei; Fiscal Year: 2015..Our proposed studies will provide new insight into the signaling pathways controlling Mdm2 destruction. It also provides the rationale for developing CKI and ATM agonists as anti-cancer agents. ..
- BEVERLY MARIE EMERSON; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Wenyi Wei; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- Pseudosubstrate Inhibition of the Anaphase Promoting ComplexMark J Solomon; Fiscal Year: 2010..2) To use genetic screens to identify novel human and yeast pseudosubstrate APC inhibitors. We will also further explore the mechanism by which the vertebrate Emi1 protein acts as a pseudosubstrate inhibitor. ..
- Pumin Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2015..The work proposed here will shed new light on DNA damage repair, a process essential for human health. ..
- Mauricio J Reginato; Fiscal Year: 2015..These studies will further our understanding of how metabolic reprogramming in cancer cells connects at the molecular level to cell growth and survival pathways and identify novel anticancer agents. ..
- Yong Wan; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Mechanisms of WNT7A-FGF1 signaling and their therapeutic potential in ovarian canKanako Hayashi; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Anaphase Promoting Complex-mediated ProteolysisMark Solomon; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding this degradation is thus important for understanding normal cell proliferation, and how this process goes awry in disease states, particularly cancers. ..
- ECAD:Enhanced Coronary Artery Disease Phantom for MRAThomas Burke; Fiscal Year: 2006..We propose to develop an enhanced Coronary Artery Disease (eCAD) phantom for use by MR researchers, developers and medical equipment manufacturers, eCAD combines advanced features ..
- UBIQUITIN-MEDIATED CIRCUITRY IN GENOMIC INTEGRITYYong Wan; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Regulation of cyclosome/APC in the human cell cycleAvram Hershko; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- ECAD: Enhanced Coronary Artery Disease Phantom for MRAThomas Burke; Fiscal Year: 2001..We propose to develop an enhanced Coronary Artery Disease (eCAD) phantom for use by MR researchers and developers...
- Activation of APC by TGF-beta Suppresses Breast CancerYong Wan; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Mitotic Checkpoint & Genomic Stability in Ovarian CancerDong Yan Jin; Fiscal Year: 2006..Further elucidation of the causative roles of checkpoint defects for drug resistance will reveal novel strategies for combination therapy. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- How do cyclins drive the cell cycle?Frederick R Cross; Fiscal Year: 2010..Overall, we are interested in regulation of cell cycle dynamics, and in cyclin-specific pathways promoting individual cell cycle events. ..
- VASCULAR DISEASE--STRUCTURE/FUNCTIONJOHN CROUSE; Fiscal Year: 1999..order to additionally evaluate the associations of all these factors with extracranial carotid arterial dimensions (ECAD: interadventitial and lumen diameters) and change in ECAD over time...
- ADHESION RELATED PROTEINS OF HUMAN EPITHELIAL CELLSMargaret Wheelock; Fiscal Year: 1991..When clones are identified as specific for cell-CAM 120/80, they will be used in sequence analysis as well as analysis of the expression of this important cell adhesion molecule and analysis of the genes encoding it...
- Genetic and Epigenetic Markers in Ovarian CancerElizabeth Swisher; Fiscal Year: 2006..These studies may identify new prognostic or diagnostic markers in ovarian cancer. Such markers could then be tested in prospective trials to determine their clinical utility. ..
- Multiplex approach to DNA methylation assays in exhaled breath condensateWeiguo Han; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- PHENOTYPIC AND PSYCHOSOCIAL STUDY OF THE L1307K MUTATIONHenry Lynch; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- Cytoskeleton Coordination in Neuronal MorphogenesisW Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- CONTROL OF THE DIFFERENTIATION OF LENS FIBER CELLSPumin Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2004..Exploration on p57's function during lens development will certainly provide some answers to the questions posted above and may shed fresh light on the cause and prevention of cataracts. ..
- Notch Signaling and Lens DevelopmentPumin Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will validate this initial finding with in vitro and in vivo experiments. ..
- Regulation of Cell Migration by the APC-Microtubule ComplexWilliam Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- SYNAPSE STRUCTURE AND DEVELOPMENTW Nelson; Fiscal Year: 2001..This research will aid in the prevention of psychiatric illness and the development of therapies for afflicted individuals. ..
- Protein Interactions of the Germ Cell Kinase HaspinJONATHAN HIGGINS; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Influence of Tumor Immunogenicity to ImmunotherapyJeffrey Norton; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FSHD: Chromatin Structure, Looping, & ExpressionMelanie Ehrlich; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed research should elucidate new aspects of long-distance control of gene expression as well as lending clinically useful insights into this currently intractable disease. ..
- FSHD Syndrome: DNA Repeats, Methylation, & ChromatinMelanie Ehrlich; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed research should help elucidate the molecular etiology of the enigmatic FSHD syndrome. ..
- P38, G2 Arrest, and Temozolomide Resistance in GliomasRUSSELL PIEPER; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Development of a haspin kinase assay for high throughput drug screeningJONATHAN HIGGINS; Fiscal Year: 2008..Furthermore, such inhibitors will provide an excellent way to validate haspin as a target for cancer treatment, and they might find direct application as chemotherapeutic drugs. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RAPAMYCIN BLOCKADE OF PROTEIN PHOSPHATASE SIGNALINGDAVID BRAUTIGAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed studies will give new insights into an under-studied phosphatase-signaling pathway and provide information on the molecular basis for action of and resistance to rapamycin. ..
- Damage to thymic stroma & de novo T cell production.Susan Prockop; Fiscal Year: 2006..Such a setting provides a scientific and clinical basis from which to launch an academic career. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CELL/CELL APPOSITION AND INFLAMMATORY EDEMAD SHASBY; Fiscal Year: 2002..We will use the transfected cells to examine effects of mutations in the cadherins on regulation of adherens junction function, which we can measure in real time. ..
- ISOLATION OF A SECOND WILMS TUMOR SUPPRESSOR GENEBernard Weissman; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Development of Digital SNP Analysis in Cancer DetectionIe Ming Shih; Fiscal Year: 2005..Thus, the encouraging results from this study will ensure the detection of AI in plasma a promising cancer research direction for further exploration. ..
- MECHANISMS OF INFLAMMATORY EDEMADOUGLAS SHASBY; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will use this model to determine if histamine alters cadherin-based adhesion due to effects within the cadherin-catenin complex. ..
- EXPRESSION AND SILENCING OF CPG ISLAND-CONTAINING GENESRuss Pieper; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- TRIGGERING OF ABERRANT CPG ISLAND METHYLATIONRuss Pieper; Fiscal Year: 2002..These studies represent a first step in understanding the gene silencing process and will ultimately contribute to the development of therapies addressed at controlling gene expression. ..
- Mechanisms of N-Cadherin Mediated Breast CA MetastasisRachel Hazan; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- MUCOSAL PROTECTIVE FACTORS IN HUMAN MILKRadhakrishna Rao; Fiscal Year: 2003..protective factors in breast milk, and provide the basis for further characterization of the mechanisms involved in mucosal protection by breast milk, and their role in preventing neonatal gastrointestinal diseases ..
- Improving genomic prediction models in breast cancerJohn Olson; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Function of the chromosomal kinase haspin in mitosisJONATHAN M HIGGINS; Fiscal Year: 2010..A greater knowledge of the role of human haspin in this process will help us understand the defects that underlie transformation and may lead to new approaches to block the division of cancer cells. ..
- SWI/SNF complex loss facilitates gene silencing during NSCLC developmentBernard E Weissman; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic Association Study in African-American Colorectal Cancer PatientsSONIA KUPFER; Fiscal Year: 2008..The goal of our study is to better understand hereditary factors that increase risk especially in African-Americans who have the highest incidence and death from this cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- SWI/SNF Chromatin Remodeling Loss and Human CancerBernard Weissman; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- The Role of MicroRNA in HepatocarcinogenesisKalpana Ghoshal; Fiscal Year: 2007..Further, this proposal fits well with the mission/goals set forth by multiple institutes that include NCI, NIDDK and NIAAA n the etiology, prevention and treatment of hepatocellular carcinomas. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ALPHA-2 ADRENERGIC CONTROL OF COLONIC FUNCTION IN IBSMichael Camilleri; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS OF CADMIUM TOXICITY IN EPITHELIAL CELLSWALTER PROZIALECK; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, the results of these studies could have more general implications regarding the mechanisms by which toxic substances affect living organisms. ..
- Prognostic Markers for Juvenile Pilocytic AstrocytomasKwong Kwok Wong; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ALPHA 2 ADRENERGIC CONTROL IN IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROMEMichael Camilleri; Fiscal Year: 2008..Significance: This project will characterize pharmacogenetic mechanisms determining the response to clonidine through studies of candidate genes that control alpha2-adrenoreceptor function and norepinephrine transport in IBS. ..
- Developing Biomarker-Based Prognostics In Breast CancerJohn Olson; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- The role of PIKE-S in mediating EGFR mitogenic signaling in OSCC cellsZhongjian Xie; Fiscal Year: 2008..Understanding these mechanisms will bring the possibility of new molecular targets for development novel therapeutic options for the control of oral squamous cell carcinoma. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Cannabinoid Mechanisms in Human Gastrointestinal Motor and Sensory FunctionsMICHAEL L CAMILLERI; Fiscal Year: 2010..These actions may be relevant to develop new treatments for IBS. The studies will also provide further understanding of the potential of medications like medical marijuana on stomach function that may be relevant to appetite control. ..
- Novel Therapeutic Strategies for PKDPatricia Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Triple threat screening for modifiers of Protein Ser/Thr Phosphatase 2CDAVID BRAUTIGAN; Fiscal Year: 2008..Chemical modifiers of PP2C have potential medicinal applications and will be used as research tools to study signaling in normal and cancer cells. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Motif-based elucidation of protein modification codesJONATHAN HIGGINS; Fiscal Year: 2006..The development of methodology to determine the functional impact of these marks is therefore a critical requirement for future work in all areas of biomedicine. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- CHROMIUM ENHANCEMENT OF INSULIN SIGNALINGDAVID BRAUTIGAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- UNDERSTANDING TRAIL SENSITIVITY IN HUMAN GLIOMARussell O Pieper; Fiscal Year: 2010..This work has relevance to public health in that it will provide the ways to identify TRAIL-sensitive brain tumors and also to make TRAIL-resistant tumors sensitive to TRAIL-induced killing. ..
- Contributions of Akt to Glioblastoma FormationRUSSELL PIEPER; Fiscal Year: 2006..Defining Akt function may help identify targets useful in GBM therapy. ..
- MMP-20 AND MMP-20 DOMAIN FUNCTION IN FORMING ENAMELJohn Bartlett; Fiscal Year: 2006..This application builds on results from a highly productive R29 grant (DE12098). ..