Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: elafin
Description: peptidase inhibitor 3
Alias: ESI, SKALP, WAP3, WFDC14, cementoin, elafin, PI-3, WAP four-disulfide core domain 14, WAP four-disulfide core domain protein 14, elastase-specific inhibitor, peptidase inhibitor 3, skin-derived, pre-elafin, protease inhibitor 3, skin-derived (SKALP), protease inhibitor WAP3, skin-derived antileukoproteinase, trappin-2
Publications452 found, 100 shown here
- Sheathless capillary electrophoresis-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry using 10 mu m I.D. capillaries: analyses of tryptic digests of cytochrome cJ H Wahl
Chemical Methods and Separations Group, Chemical Sciences Department, Pacific Northwest Laboratory, Richland, WA 99352
J Chromatogr A 659:217-22. 1994..of tryptic digests of bovine, Candida krusei and equine cytochrome c using a new electrospray ionization (ESI) interface for CE-MS that does not require additional sheath make-up fluid or mechanical assistance to aid the ESI ..
- Oral health status of a long-term-care, veteran populationR J Weyant
Department of Public Health and Community Dentistry, School of Dental Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15261
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 21:227-33. 1993..The oral health status of the population is described using DMF and ESI indices, the prevalence of oral lesions, levels of tooth loss, oral hygiene scores, and the status of existing ..
- Capillary column high-performance liquid chromatographic-electrospray ionization triple-stage quadrupole mass spectrometric analysis of proteins separated by two-dimensional polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis. Application to cerebellar protein mappingH Nakayama
Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Tokyo Metropolitan University, Japan
J Chromatogr A 730:279-87. 1996..analysis of the proteins by triple-stage quadrupole mass spectrometry using an electrospray ionization interface (ESI-TSQMS)...
- Acetogenic isoquinoline alkaloids. CXII. Separation and identification of dimeric naphthylisoquinoline alkaloids by liquid chromatography coupled to electrospray ionization mass spectrometryG Bringmann
Institute of Organic Chemistry, , Germany
J Chromatogr A 810:231-6. 1998..2b), were investigated using electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry coupled to liquid chromatography (LC-ESI-MS-MS)...
- Molecular mechanisms of insulin action in normal and insulin-resistant statesY Le Marchand-Brustel
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, Nice, France
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes 107:126-32. 1999..Such a mechanism, induced by growth factors, TNF-alpha or some other agent, may play an important role in the development of insulin resistance in obese mice...
- SKALP/elafin: an elastase inhibitor from cultured human keratinocytes. Purification, cDNA sequence, and evidence for transglutaminase cross-linkingH O Molhuizen
Department of Dermatology, Academic Hospital, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 268:12028-32. 1993SKALP/Elafin is a proteinase inhibitor found in psoriatic epidermis as a short polypeptide of 6 kDa. Here we present evidence that this protein is synthesized as a larger precursor molecule with distinct biological features...
- Adenoviral augmentation of elafin protects the lung against acute injury mediated by activated neutrophils and bacterial infectionA J Simpson
Rayne Laboratory, Respiratory Medicine Unit, Medical Research Council Centre for Inflammation Research, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh EH8 9AG, Scotland, United Kingdom
J Immunol 167:1778-86. 2001..We postulated that genetic augmentation of elafin (an endogenous inhibitor of HNE with intrinsic antimicrobial activity) could protect the lung against acute ..
- A locus on human chromosome 20 contains several genes expressing protease inhibitor domains with homology to whey acidic proteinAdam Clauss
Wallenberg Laboratory, Department of Laboratory Medicine, University Hospital MAS, Lund University, S 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Biochem J 368:233-42. 2002..1. Among them are genes of the known or postulated protease inhibitors elafin, secretory leucocyte protease inhibitor, human epididymis gene product 4, eppin, and huWAP2...
- Elafin in human endometrium: an antiprotease and antimicrobial molecule expressed during menstruationAnne E King
Medical Research Council Human Reproductive Sciences Unit, University of Edinburgh, Centre for Reproductive Biology, Edinburgh, United Kingdom EH16 4SB
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:4426-31. 2003b>Elafin is an antiproteinase and antimicrobial molecule that is expressed at epithelial sites (for example, cervix). This study details the expression and regulation of elafin in the human endometrium...
- Adenoviral gene delivery of elafin and secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor attenuates NF-kappa B-dependent inflammatory responses of human endothelial cells and macrophages to atherogenic stimuliPeter A Henriksen
Rayne Laboratory, Medical Research Council Centre for Inflammation Research, Medical School, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
J Immunol 172:4535-44. 2004..To counteract the activity of HNE, we have examined the effects of adenoviral gene delivery of the anti-elastases elafin, previously demonstrated within human atheroma, and murine secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI), a ..
- Multifaceted roles of human elafin and secretory leukocyte proteinase inhibitor (SLPI), two serine protease inhibitors of the chelonianin familyThierry Moreau
INSERM U618 Proteases et Vectorisation Pulmonaires, IFR 135 Imagerie Fonctionnelle, Universite Francois Rabelais, Tours, France
Biochimie 90:284-95. 2008b>Elafin and SLPI are low-molecular weight proteins that were first identified as protease inhibitors in mucous fluids including lung secretions, where they help control excessive proteolysis due to neutrophil serine proteases (elastase, ..
- Trappin-2/Elafin: a novel innate anti-human immunodeficiency virus-1 molecule of the human female reproductive tractMimi Ghosh
Department of Physiology, Dartmouth Medical School, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Immunology 129:207-19. 2010Trappin-2/Elafin is a serine protease inhibitor that plays a major role as an anti-inflammatory mediator at mucosal surfaces...
- Structural and antimicrobial properties of human pre-elafin/trappin-2 and derived peptides against Pseudomonas aeruginosaAudrey Bellemare
Departement de Biochimie, Microbiologie et Bio informatique, Institut de Biologie Intégrative et des Systèmes and Regroupement PROTEO, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
BMC Microbiol 10:253. 2010..The full-length protein as well as the N-terminal "cementoin" and C-terminal "elafin" domains were also shown to possess broad antimicrobial activity, namely against the ..
- Primary structure of the human elafin precursor preproelafin deduced from the nucleotide sequence of its gene and the presence of unique repetitive sequences in the prosegmentT Saheki
Department of Biological Sciences, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 185:240-5. 1992The human elafin gene was cloned and its entire nucleotide sequence was determined to deduce the amino acid sequence for the precursor of elafin, an elastase-specific inhibitor. The gene spans approximately 1...
- Isolation of elafin and elastase-specific inhibitor (ESI) from bronchial secretions. Evidence of sequence homology and immunological cross-reactivityJ M Sallenave
Department of Biochemistry, Edinburgh University Medical School
Biol Chem Hoppe Seyler 373:27-33. 1992..Gregory, H., Young, J.A. & Christophers, E. (1990) J. Biol. Chem. 265, 14791-14795) which the authors called elafin. We also describe the purification of the complete elafin molecule from bronchial secretions from a patient ..
- Differential expression of elafin in human normal mammary epithelial cells and carcinomas is regulated at the transcriptional levelM Zhang
Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Res 55:2537-41. 1995b>Elafin is an elastase inhibitor with a unique structure, not related to the serpin family, which includes the neutrophil elastase inhibitor...
- Characterization and gene sequence of the precursor of elafin, an elastase-specific inhibitor in bronchial secretionsJ M Sallenave
Department of Biochemistry, Edinburgh University Medical School, United Kingdom
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 8:439-45. 1993..inhibitors have been identified and characterized: alpha 1-proteinase inhibitor, mucus proteinase inhibitor, and elafin. The elafin molecule, a 6.0 kD inhibitor of serine proteinases shows homology with mucus proteinase inhibitor...
- Crystal structure of an elastase-specific inhibitor elafin complexed with porcine pancreatic elastase determined at 1.9 A resolutionM Tsunemi
Peptide Institute Inc, Protein Research Foundation, Osaka, Japan
Biochemistry 35:11570-6. 1996The crystal structure of a stoichiometric complex between an elastase-specific inhibitor elafin and porcine pancreatic elastase (PPE) has been determined and refined to a crystallographic R-factor of 19.7% at 1.9 A resolution...
- Solution structure of R-elafin, a specific inhibitor of elastaseC Francart
CNRS URA 1309, Institut Pasteur de Lille, France
J Mol Biol 268:666-77. 1997The solution structure of r-elafin, a specific elastase inhibitor, has been determined using NMR spectroscopy...
- Transcriptional regulation of the elafin gene in human keratinocytesArno Pol
Department of Dermatology, University Medical Center St Radboud, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
J Invest Dermatol 120:301-7. 2003b>Elafin (also known as skin-derived anti-leukoproteinase/trappin-2) is an epithelial host-defense protein that is absent in normal skin but highly induced in keratinocytes of inflamed skin (e.g...
- The antimicrobial antiproteinase elafin binds to lipopolysaccharide and modulates macrophage responsesJonathan W McMichael
Rayne Laboratory, MRC Centre for Inflammation Research, Edinburgh University Medical School, Teviot Place, Edinburgh EH8 9AG, Scotland, UK
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 32:443-52. 2005..We demonstrate here that the antimicrobial/anti-neutrophil elastase full-length elafin (FL-EL) is able to bind both smooth and rough forms of LPS...
- Elafin and its precursor trappin-2 still inhibit neutrophil serine proteinases when they are covalently bound to extracellular matrix proteins by tissue transglutaminaseNicolas Guyot
INSERM U618 Protéases et Vectorisation Pulmonaires and IFR 135 Imagerie Fonctionnelle, Universite Francois Rabelais, 10 Bd Tonnellé, BP 3223, 37032 Tours Cedex, France
Biochemistry 44:15610-8. 2005b>Elafin and its precursor trappin-2 (also called pre-elafin) are potent protein inhibitors of neutrophil serine proteases such as leukocyte elastase and proteinase 3...
- Elafin prevents lipopolysaccharide-induced AP-1 and NF-kappaB activation via an effect on the ubiquitin-proteasome pathwayMarcus W Butler
Pulmonary Research Division, Department of Medicine, The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9, Ireland
J Biol Chem 281:34730-5. 2006The serine anti-protease elafin is expressed by monocytes, alveolar macrophages, neutrophils, and at mucosal surfaces and possesses antimicrobial activity...
- Attenuated induction of epithelial and leukocyte serine antiproteases elafin and secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor in Crohn's diseaseMichael Schmid
Department of Internal Medicine I, Robert Bosch Hospital, Auerbachstr 112, 70376 Stuttgart, and Department of Dermatology, University of Kiel, Germany
J Leukoc Biol 81:907-15. 2007b>Elafin (or skin-derived antileukoprotease) and secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor (SLPI) are serine antiproteases antagonizing human neutrophil elastase (HNE), thereby preventing tissue injury from excessive release of proteolytic ..
- Characterization of human pre-elafin mutants: full antipeptidase activity is essential to preserve lung tissue integrity in experimental emphysemaAlain Doucet
Departement de Biochimie et de Microbiologie, Universite Laval, Quebec, QC, Canada
Biochem J 405:455-63. 2007Pre-elafin is a tight-binding inhibitor of neutrophil elastase and myeloblastin; two enzymes thought to contribute to tissue damage in lung emphysema...
- Human pre-elafin inhibits a Pseudomonas aeruginosa-secreted peptidase and prevents its proliferation in complex mediaAudrey Bellemare
Departement de Biochimie et de Microbiologie, Pavillon C E Marchand, Universite Laval, Quebec, Quebec G1K 7P4, Canada
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:483-90. 2008..Human pre-elafin, best characterized as a potent inhibitor of neutrophil elastase with anti-inflammatory properties, was also shown ..
- A genome-wide expression analysis in blood identifies pre-elafin as a biomarker in ARDSZhaoxi Wang
Department of Environmental Health, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 38:724-32. 2008..Among 126 differentially expressed genes, peptidase inhibitor 3 (PI3, encoding elafin, a potent neutrophil elastase inhibitor) had the largest fold-change (-3-fold changes, acute stage/recovery stage) ..
- The role of recombinant human elafin in the resistance of A549 cells against Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilmQi Li
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Second Affiliated Hospital, Chongqing Medical University, Chongqing, China
Respiration 79:68-75. 2010..b>Elafin, a natural antibiotic, has antimicrobial properties against Gram-negative bacteria.
- Purification and characterization of elastase-specific inhibitor. Sequence homology with mucus proteinase inhibitorJ M Sallenave
Department of Biochemistry, Edinburgh University Medical School
Biol Chem Hoppe Seyler 372:13-21. 1991Elastase-specific inhibitor (ESI) was purified from sputum of patients with chronic bronchitis and compared with mucus proteinase inhibitor (MPI, BrI) isolated, without the use of affinity chromatography on an enzyme, from non-purulent ..
- Elafin: an elastase-specific inhibitor of human skin. Purification, characterization, and complete amino acid sequenceO Wiedow
Department of Dermatology, University of Kiel, Federal Republic of Germany
J Biol Chem 265:14791-5. 1990..The high affinity as well as the apparent specificity for elastases suggests a functional role in preventing elastase-mediated tissue proteolysis. It is suggested that the term "elafin" be used to designate this inhibitor.
- High-performance liquid chromatography of selenium compounds utilizing perfluorinated carboxylic acid ion-pairing agents and inductively coupled plasma and electrospray ionization mass spectrometric detectionM Kotrebai
Department of Chemistry, University of Massachusetts, Amherst 01003-4510, USA
J Chromatogr A 866:51-63. 2000..after high-performance liquid chromatographic (HPLC) separation, as was electrospray ionization mass spectrometry (ESI-MS)...
- Stem cell factor/c-kit up-regulates cyclin D3 and promotes cell cycle progression via the phosphoinositide 3-kinase/p70 S6 kinase pathway in spermatogoniaL X Feng
Department of Cell Biology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, DC. 20007, USA
J Biol Chem 275:25572-6. 2000..Constitutively active v-AKT highly phosphorylated p70S6K, which was totally inhibited by rapamycin. Thus, SCF/c-kit uses a rapamycin-sensitive PI3-K/AKT/p70S6K/cyclin D3 pathway to promote spermatogonial cell proliferation...
- Determination of drugs in surface water and wastewater samples by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry: methods and preliminary results including toxicity studies with Vibrio fischeriM L Farré
Department of Environmental Chemistry, IIQAB CSIC, Barcelona, Spain
J Chromatogr A 938:187-97. 2001..analytical method involving toxicity and liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-mass spectrometry (LC-ESI-MS) was developed for the determination of pharmaceutical compounds in water samples...
- Possible role of nuclear factor-kappa B activity in germline C epsilon transcription in a human Burkitt lymphoma B cell lineY Yanagihara
Clinical Research Center for Allergy, National Sagamihara Hospital, Kanagawa, Japan
Cell Immunol 176:66-74. 1997....
- Determination of arylphenoxypropionic herbicides in water by liquid chromatography-electrospray mass spectrometryA Gentili
Dipartimento di Chimica, , Italy
J Chromatogr A 813:285-97. 1998..arylphenoxypropionic herbicides in aqueous environmental samples, using pneumatically assisted electrospray (ESI) liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS) is presented...
- In vitro degradation of the Neb-Trypsin modulating oostatic factor (Neb-TMOF) in gut luminal content and hemolymph of the grey fleshfly, Neobellieria bullataW Zhu
Zoological Institute, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, B 3000, Leuven, Belgium
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 31:87-95. 2001..In both cases ESI-Qq-oa-Tof mass spectrometry demonstrated the appearance of peptide fragments with the sequences NPTN, LH and NP...
- Differential effects of palmitate on glucose uptake in rat-1 fibroblasts and 3T3-L1 adipocytesI Usui
First Department of Medicine, Toyama Medical and Pharmaceutical University, Sugitani, Japan
Horm Metab Res 31:546-52. 1999..These results suggest the primary effect of palmitate on adipocytes may not involve insulin resistance of adipocytes themselves...
- Akt mediates insulin induction of glucose uptake and up-regulation of GLUT4 gene expression in brown adipocytesR Hernandez
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular II, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense, 28040 Madrid, Spain
FEBS Lett 494:225-31. 2001..Our results indicate that activation of Akt may be an essential requirement for insulin regulation of glucose uptake and GLUT4 gene expression in brown adipocytes...
- Ca(2+)-evoked serotonin secretion by parafollicular cells: roles in signal transduction of phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase, and the gamma and zeta isoforms of protein kinase CK Liu
Division of Neuroscience, New York State Psychiatric Institute, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Neurosci 20:1365-73. 2000..PKC involvement can be accounted for by PKCgamma and an isoform sensitive to inhibition by pseudoZ, probably PKCzeta, which is activated via PI3'-kinase...
- Peptide chiral purity determination: hydrolysis in deuterated acid, derivatization with Marfey's reagent and analysis using high-performance liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-mass spectrometryD R Goodlett
Immunobiology Research Institute, Annandale, NJ 08801, USA
J Chromatogr A 707:233-44. 1995A high-performance liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-mass spectrometric (LC-ESI-MS) method is presented that allows rapid and accurate determination of amino acid chiral purity in a peptide...
- Determination of sarin, soman and their hydrolysis products in soil by packed capillary liquid chromatography-electrospray mass spectrometryJ R Hancock
Defence Research Establishment Suffield, Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
J Chromatogr A 912:291-9. 2001..on aqueous ultrasonic extraction and packed capillary liquid chromatography-electrospray mass spectrometry (LC-ESI-MS) analysis was developed and compared to an existing gas chromatography(GC)-MS based method for the determination ..
- Development of a method based on liquid chromatography-electrospray mass spectrometry for analyzing imidazolinone herbicides in environmental water at part-per-trillion levelsA Gentili
Dipartimento di Chimica, , Italy
J Chromatogr A 800:109-19. 1998..the feasibility of using reversed-phase liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry with an electrospray interface (LC-ESI-MS) to measure traces of imidazolinone herbicides in different natural water samples...
- p70 S6 kinase is regulated by protein kinase Czeta and participates in a phosphoinositide 3-kinase-regulated signalling complexA Romanelli
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 19:2921-8. 1999..This work provides evidence for a link between a phorbol ester-insensitive PKC isoform and p70S6K. The existence of a PI3-K-dependent signalling complex may enable efficient activation of p70S6K in cells...
- Isolation and characterization of methoxylated flavones in the flowers of Primula veris by liquid chromatography and mass spectrometryC W Huck
Institute of Analytical Chemistry and Radiochemistry, Leopold-Franzens-University, Innsbruck, Austria
J Chromatogr A 870:453-62. 2000..HPLC-electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry (ESI-MS-MS) of the flavones was carried out employing a 150x2 mm I.D...
- Characterization of the F(ab')2 fragment of a murine monoclonal antibody using capillary isoelectric focusing and electrospray ionization mass spectrometryM L Hagmann
Boehringer Mannheim GmbH, Therapeutic Division, Penzberg, Germany
J Chromatogr A 816:49-58. 1998..a F(ab')2 fragment obtained by pepsin cleavage from a murine monoclonal IgG3 by means of electrospray ionization (ESI) mass spectrometry (MS), capillary isoelectric focusing (cIEF), high-performance anion-exchange chromatography-..
- Probing the role of tightly bound phosphoenolpyruvate in Escherichia coli 3-deoxy-d-manno-octulosonate 8-phosphate synthase catalysis using quantitative time-resolved electrospray ionization mass spectrometry in the millisecond time rangeZhili Li
Department of Pharmacology, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Anal Biochem 343:35-47. 2005..chemical quench and mass spectrometry techniques such as time-resolved electrospray ionization mass spectrometry (ESI-TOF MS) were used to study the enzyme purified both in the PEP-bound state and in the unbound state...
- Analysis of bioactive peptides by liquid chromatography-high-resolution electrospray mass spectrometryJ R Hancock
Defence Research Establishment Suffield, Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
J Chromatogr A 767:77-85. 1997LC-high-resolution electrospray ionization (ESI)-MS data for a number of bioactive peptides, including substance P and bradykinins were acquired over a wide mass range by scanning the magnetic sector and calibrating externally with ..
- Quantitative analysis of neutral and acidic sugars in whole bacterial cell hydrolysates using high-performance anion-exchange liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometryD Wunschel
University of South Carolina, School of Medicine, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Columbia 29209, USA
J Chromatogr A 776:205-19. 1997..using high-performance anion-exchange liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometry (HPAEC-ESI-MS-MS) is described...
- Application of high-performance liquid chromatograph-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry and matrix-assisted laser-desorption ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry in combination with selective enzymatic modifications in the characterization oA Apffel
Biomeasurements Group, Hewlett-Packard Laboratories, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
J Chromatogr A 732:27-42. 1996The application of high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), electrospray ionization mass spectrometry (ESI-MS) and matrix-assisted laser-desorption ionization time-of-flight mass spectrometry (MALDI-TOF-MS) and selective enzymatic ..
- On-line high-performance liquid chromatographic-electrospray ionization mass spectrometric method for the study of tamoxifen metabolismR M Jones
MRC Toxicology Unit, University of Leicester, UK
J Chromatogr A 722:249-55. 1996An on-line high-performance liquid chromatographic (HPLC)-electrospray ionization mass spectrometric (ESI-MS) method has been developed and optimized for the study of tamoxifen metabolism...
- Insulin and IGF-I receptors signaling in protection from apoptosisM Prisco
Kimmel Cancer Center, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Horm Metab Res 31:80-9. 1999..In addition, the protection by the IGF-IR is resistant to inhibitors of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI 3-ki), while the anti-apoptotic effect of the IR is sensitive...
- Side of symptomatic annular tear and site of low back pain: is there a correlation?C W Slipman
Department of Orthopaedic Disorders, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 26:E165-9. 2001..A retrospective chart review...
- Nuclear translocation of PKC zeta during ischemia and its inhibition by wortmannin, an inhibitor of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinaseY Mizukami
Department of Legal Medicine, Yamaguchi University School of Medicine, Ube, Japan
FEBS Lett 401:247-51. 1997..The nuclear translocation during ischemia is inhibited in a dose-dependent manner by wortmannin (10(-9)-10(-7) M), an inhibitor of PI3-kinase...
- Analysis of 8-aminonaphthalene-1,3,6-trisulfonate-derivatized oligosaccharides by capillary electrophoresis-electrospray ionization quadrupole ion trap mass spectrometryF Y Che
Shanghai Institute of Biochemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences
J Chromatogr A 858:229-38. 1999..the separated components were detected on-line by electrospray ionization quadrupole ion trap mass spectrometry (ESI-QIT-MS) in the negative ion mode. A mass accuracy lower than 0.01% could be achieved and as low as 1...
- Electron spectroscopic imagingG T Simon
Electron Microscopy Facility, Faculty of Health Sciences, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Ultrastruct Pathol 11:705-10. 1987Electron spectroscopic imaging (ESI) is a short term for electron energy loss spectroscopic imaging. ESI is to date the most sensitive electron microscopic analytical technique and has a spatial resolution of 0...
- Liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry of the diarrhetic shellfish-poisoning toxins okadaic acid, dinophysistoxin-1 and pectenotoxin-6 in bivalvesT Suzuki
Tohoku National Fisheries Research Institute, Shiogama, Miyagi, Japan
J Chromatogr A 874:199-206. 2000..by liquid chromatography (LC) followed by on-line atmospheric pressure electrospray ionization-mass spectrometric (ESI-MS) detection with a heated capillary interface...
- Study of matrix effects on the direct trace analysis of acidic pesticides in water using various liquid chromatographic modes coupled to tandem mass spectrometric detectionE Dijkman
National Institute of Public Health and the Environment (RIVM, Laboratory of Organic-Analytical Chemistry, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
J Chromatogr A 926:113-25. 2001..As regards detection, electrospray (ESI) and atmospheric pressure chemical ionization (APCI) in both positive (PI) and negative (NI) ionization modes were ..
- Comparison of UV absorption and electrospray mass spectrometry for the high-performance liquid chromatographic determination of domoic acid in shellfish and biological samplesJ F Lawrence
Food Research Division, Bureau of Chemical Safety, Food Directorate, Health Protection Branch, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Chromatogr A 659:119-26. 1994..of anchovies, razor clams, mussels, crab, rat serum, urine and feces by HPLC with UV absorption and electrospray (ESI) mass spectrometric (MS) detection...
- Characterization of carbohydrates using a combination of derivatization, high-performance liquid chromatography and mass spectrometryX Shen
Department of Chemistry, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
J Chromatogr A 811:47-59. 1998..PMP- and PA-monosaccharides produced abundant ions by either fast atom bombardment (FAB), electrospray ionization (ESI) or matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization (MALDI)...
- Detection and validated quantification of toxic alkaloids in human blood plasma--comparison of LC-APCI-MS with LC-ESI-MS/MSJochen Beyer
Department of Experimental and Clinical Toxicology, Institute of Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Saarland University, D 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
J Mass Spectrom 42:621-33. 2007..cytisine, nicotine and its metabolite cotinine, physostigmine, and scopolamine in plasma using LC-APCI-MS and LC-ESI-MS/MS...
- L-Thyroxine vs. 3,5,3'-triiodo-L-thyronine and cell proliferation: activation of mitogen-activated protein kinase and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinaseHung Yun Lin
Ordway Research Institute, Albany, NY 12208, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 296:C980-91. 2009..T(3) action here is inhibited by tetrac alone, but the effect of T(4) is blocked by both tetrac and the RGD peptide...
- Quantitative high-performance liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-tandem mass spectrometry analysis of the adenine-guanine cross-links of 1,2,3,4-diepoxybutane in tissues of butadiene-exposed B6C3F1 miceMelissa Goggin
Cancer Center and the Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Minnesota, 760E CCRB, 806 Mayo, 420 Delaware Street Southeast, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 21:1163-70. 2008..work was to develop an isotope dilution HPLC-positive mode electrospray ionization-tandem mass spectrometry (HPLC-ESI (+)-MS/MS) method for the quantitative analysis of G-A DEB cross-links in DNA extracted from BD-exposed laboratory ..
- Phosphopeptide analysis by on-line immobilized metal-ion affinity chromatography-capillary electrophoresis-electrospray ionization mass spectrometryP Cao
Protein Chemistry Department, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
J Chromatogr A 853:225-35. 1999..resin; (2) a pre-wash of the sample to remove salts and buffers that are not suited for CE separation or ESI operation; (3) facile fabrication with common tools and chemicals (less than 10 min); (4) adaptation to commercial ..
- Simultaneous analysis of some amphetamine derivatives in urine by nonaqueous capillary electrophoresis coupled to electrospray ionization mass spectrometryL Geiser
Laboratory of Pharmaceutical Analytical Chemistry, University of Geneva, Switzerland
J Chromatogr A 895:111-21. 2000A nonaqueous capillary electrophoresis method, coupled to UV and electrospray mass spectrometry (ESI-MS), is described for the simultaneous analysis of Ecstasy and other related derivatives...
- Use of a partial filling technique and reverse migrating micelles in the study of N-methylcarbamate pesticides by micellar electrokinetic chromatography-electrospray ionization mass spectrometryM Molina
Department of Chemistry, University of Helsinki, Finland
J Chromatogr A 927:191-202. 2001..to couple micellar electrokinetic chromatography (MEKC) on-line with electrospray ionization mass spectrometry (ESI-MS) for the analysis of N-methylcarbamate pesticides...
- Identification and quantification of phenolic compounds in grapes by HPLC-PDA-ESI-MS on a semimicro separation scaleIsabella Nicoletti
Istituto di Metodologie Chimiche CNR, Area della Ricerca di Roma 1, Via Salaria km 29 300, Montelibretti, P O Box 10, 00016 Monterotondo Stazione, Rome, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 56:8801-8. 2008..5 microL, in conjunction with a mass spectrometry detector equipped with an electrospray ionization source (ESI-MS) to confirm peak identification, were employed...
- High performance liquid chromatography-diode array and electrospray-mass spectrometry analysis of vardenafil, sildenafil, tadalafil, testosterone and local anesthetics in cosmetic creams sold on the Internet web sitesDaniela De Orsi
Department of Therapeutic Research and Medicines Evaluation, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, V le Regina Elena 299, 00161, Rome, Italy
J Pharm Biomed Anal 50:362-9. 2009..chromatography (HPLC) method with ultraviolet diode array (UV-DAD) and electrospray ionisation mass spectrometry (ESI-MS) detection has been developed for the determination of vardenafil, sildenafil, tadalafil, testosterone, procaine,..
- Detection of DNA damage in fish Oreochromis mossambicus induced by co-exposure to phenanthrene and nitrite by ESI-MS/MSSolimabi Wahidulla
Bio Organic Laboratory, Chemical Oceanography Division, National Institute of Oceanography, CSIR, Dona Paula, Goa, 403 004, India
Environ Sci Pollut Res Int 17:441-52. 2010..Electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometric (ESI-MS/MS) analysis of the bile of the euryhaline fish Oreochromis mossambicus exposed simultaneously to field relevant ..
- New sheathless interface for coupling capillary electrophoresis to electrospray mass spectrometry evaluated by the analysis of fatty acids and prostaglandinsM A Petersson
Department of Chemistry, Analytical and Marine Chemistry, , Sweden
J Chromatogr A 854:141-54. 1999A new interface for capillary electrophoresis electrospray ionization (CE-ESI) is presented...
- Electrospray ionization mass spectrometric and liquid chromatographic-mass spectrometric studies on the metabolism of synthetic dynorphin A peptides in brain tissue in vitro and in vivoL Prokai
Center for Drug Discovery, College of Pharmacy, University of Florida, J. Hillis Miller Health Center, Gainesville 32610-0497, USA
J Chromatogr A 800:59-68. 1998..RP-LC assay, and limited information on their metabolism was obtained by electrospray ionization mass spectrometry (ESI-MS) of the isolated metabolites...
- Capillary column supercritical fluid chromatography-atmospheric pressure ionisation mass spectrometry interface performance of atmospheric pressure chemical ionisation and electrospray ionisationP J Sjöberg
Department of Analytical Chemistry, Uppsala University, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 855:317-27. 1999..switch between ionisation modes [atmospheric pressure chemical ionisation (APCI) and electrospray ionisation (ESI)] has recently been reported [P.J.R. Sjöberg, K.E. Markides, J. Chromatogr. A, 785 (1997) 101]...
- The involvement of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase in gonadotropin-releasing hormone-induced gonadotropin alpha- and FSHbeta-subunit genes expression in clonal gonadotroph LbetaT2 cellsSandra Mutiara
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Shimane University, School of Medicine, 89 1 Enya cho, Izumo City 693 8501, Shimane Prefecture, Japan
Mol Cell Endocrinol 283:1-11. 2008....
- Heterogeneity of the bovine kappa-casein caseinomacropeptide, resolved by liquid chromatography on-line with electrospray ionization mass spectrometryD Molle
Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, Laboratoire de Recherches de Technologie Laitière, Rennes, France
J Chromatogr A 708:223-30. 1995..with spectrophotometric detection, it could be analysed with on-line electrospray-ionization mass spectrometry (ESI-MS)...
- Liquid chromatographic-mass spectrometric studies on the enzymatic degradation of beta-endorphin by endothelial cellsM Brudel
Institute of Molecular Pharmacology, Berlin, Germany
J Chromatogr A 712:169-75. 1995An on-line HPLC-mass spectrometric procedure with an electrospray atmospheric pressure ionization (ESI-API) ion source was developed to identify the enzymatic degradation products (peptides) generated by incubation of human beta-..
- Liquid chromatographic-high-resolution mass spectrometric and tandem mass spectrometric identification of synthetic peptides using electrospray ionizationJ R Hancock
Defence Research Establishment Suffield, Alberta, Canada
J Chromatogr A 800:89-100. 1998Liquid chromatography-high-resolution electrospray mass spectrometry (LC-ESI-MS) was investigated for the identification of known and unknown synthetic peptides in a research effort designed to evaluate the applicability of this and ..
- Packed capillary liquid chromatography-electrospray mass spectrometry analysis of organophosphorus chemical warfare agentsJ R Hancock
Defence Research Establishment Suffield, Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada
J Chromatogr A 840:289-94. 1999Packed capillary column liquid chromatography (LC)-electrospray mass spectrometry (ESI-MS) was used for the first time to detect and identify four common organophosphorus chemical warfare agents in aqueous samples...
- Anomeric discrimination and rapid analysis of underivatized lactose, maltose, and sucrose in vegetable matrices by U-HPLC-ESI-MS/MS using porous graphitic carbonSimone Gabbanini
BeC S r l, R and D Division, Via C Monteverdi 49, 47100 Forli, Italy
J Mass Spectrom 45:1012-8. 2010..Electrospray ionization mass spectrometry (ESI-MS) and MS/MS are valuable detection methods for underivatized disaccharides; however, the absence of distinctive ..
- Direct identification and quantitation of prednisone in the presence of overlapping hydrocortisone by liquid chromatography with electrospray and atmospheric-pressure chemical-ionisation mass spectrometryM Mulholland
Department of Chemistry, Materials and Forensic Science, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia, NSW
J Chromatogr A 870:135-41. 2000..The analysis was carried out using both atmospheric pressure chemical ionisation (APCI) and electrospray ionisation (ESI) as an interface. However, for these compounds APCI provided significantly more sensitive data compared to ESI.
- Determination of linear alkylbenzenesulfonates in wastewater treatment plants and coastal waters by automated solid-phase extraction followed by capillary electrophoresis-UV detection and confirmation by capillary electrophoresis-mass spectrometryJ Riu
Department of Environmental Chemistry, IIQAB-CSIC, Barcelona, Spain
J Chromatogr A 889:221-9. 2000..CE-MS diagnostic ions were the same ones used in LC-electrospray (ESI) MS and corresponded to m/z 297, 311, 325 and 339 for C10, C11, C12 and C13 LASs, respectively...
- Determination of buprenorphine in human plasma by gas chromatography-positive ion chemical ionization mass spectrometry and liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometryD E Moody
Center for Human Toxicology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84112, USA
J Anal Toxicol 21:406-14. 1997..have developed and validated a sensitive liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-tandem mass spectrometry (LC-ESI-MS-MS) method for buprenorphine...
- Effect of once-a-week vs thrice-a-week application of mupirocin on methicillin and mupirocin resistance in peritoneal dialysis patients: three years of experienceCaner Cavdar
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Dokuz Eylul University School of Medicine, Izmir, Turkey
Ren Fail 30:417-22. 2008..of mupirocin to the exit-site in peritoneal dialysis (PD) patients decreases peritonitis and exit-site infection (ESI) considerably...
- Expression of phospho-ERK1/2 and PI3-K in benign and malignant gallbladder lesions and its clinical and pathological correlationsQinglong Li
Research Laboratory of Hepatobiliary Diseases, The Second Xiangya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan 410011, PR China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 28:65. 2009..In this study, we examined phospho-ERK1/2 (p-ERK1/2) and PI3K expression and analyzed its clinicopathological impact in gallbladder adenocarcinoma...
- HPLC-ESI+-MS/MS analysis of N7-guanine-N7-guanine DNA cross-links in tissues of mice exposed to 1,3-butadieneMelissa Goggin
Cancer Center and Department of Medicinal Chemistry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 20:839-47. 2007..We have developed a quantitative HPLC-ESI+-MS/MS method for measuring racemic and meso forms of bis-N7G-BD in DNA extracted from tissues of BD-exposed ..
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/AKT pathway activation in human vestibular schwannomaAbraham Jacob
Department of Otolaryngology, The Ohio State University, Columbus, and Center for Childhood Cancer, Research Institute at Nationwide Children s Hospital, Department of Pediatrics 43210, USA
Otol Neurotol 29:58-68. 2008..Merlin can inhibit phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase (PI3 kinase) by binding to PI3 kinase enhancer long isoform. Therefore, we hypothesized that the PI3 kinase/AKT pathway is activated in VS...
- Determination of 1,4-benzodiazepines and their metabolites by capillary electrophoresis and high-performance liquid chromatography using ultraviolet and electrospray ionisation mass spectrometryS McClean
ABCS School, University of Ulster, Northern Ireland, UK
J Chromatogr A 838:273-91. 1999..CE determination of the compounds by conventional UV detection and LC determination with electrospray ionisation (ESI) ion-trap mass spectrometry...
- Growth hormone and prolactin stimulate tyrosine phosphorylation of insulin receptor substrate-1, -2, and -3, their association with p85 phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3-kinase), and concomitantly PI3-kinase activation via JAK2 kinaseT Yamauchi
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113, Japan
J Biol Chem 273:15719-26. 1998..Taken together, the role of IRS-1, -2, and -3 in GH and PRL signalings appears to be phosphorylated by JAK2, thereby providing docking sites for p85 PI3-kinase and activating PI3-kinase and its downstream biological effects...
- Micellar electrokinetic chromatography-mass spectrometryL Yang
Department of Chemistry, Iowa State University, Ames 50011, USA
J Chromatogr A 780:207-18. 1997..Various approaches for on-line coupling MEKC with electrospray ionization (ESI)-MS, including the use of high-molecular-mass surfactant, an electrospray-chemical ionization (ES-CI) interface, a ..
- Quantitative determination of nonylphenol polyethoxylate surfactants in marine sediment using normal-phase liquid chromatography-electrospray mass spectrometryD Y Shang
Department of Fisheries and Oceans, Institute of Ocean Sciences, Sidney, British Columbia, Canada
J Chromatogr A 849:467-82. 1999..analytical method based on normal-phase liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry (LC-ESI-MS) has been developed for the quantitative determination of individual nonylphenol ethoxylate (NPEO) surfactants ..
- Separation and identification of etodolac and its urinary phase I metabolites using capillary electrochromatography and on-line capillary electrochromatography-electrospray ionisation mass spectrometry couplingD B Strickmann
Institute of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, , Germany
J Chromatogr A 887:393-407. 2000..Furthermore, these separations were coupled on-line with electrospray ionisation mass spectrometry (ESI-MS) and the parent drug and its metabolites were identified in urine...
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase association with the osteoclast cytoskeleton, and its involvement in osteoclast attachment and spreadingP T Lakkakorpi
Department of Bone Biology and Osteoporosis Research, Merck Research Laboratory, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486, USA
Exp Cell Res 237:296-306. 1997..Finally, PI3-kinase coimmunoprecipitated with alpha v beta 3 integrin from osteoclasts...
- Evaluation of major active components in St. John's Wort dietary supplements by high-performance liquid chromatography with photodiode array detection and electrospray mass spectrometric confirmationF F Liu
US Food and Drug Administration, National Center for Toxicological Research, Division of Chemistry, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
J Chromatogr A 888:85-92. 2000A RP-HPLC method with photodiode array detection and LC-electrospray ionization (ESI) MS confirmation was established for the determination of major active components in St. John's Wort dietary supplement capsules...
- Quantitative determination of rocuronium in human plasma by liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization mass spectrometryC Farenc
, , Montpellier, France
J Chromatogr A 910:61-7. 2001Liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry (LC-ESI-MS) was used for the quantification of the neuromuscular blocking agent rocuronium in human plasma. Verapamil was used as internal standard...
- Studies of signal suppression in liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry using volatile ion-pairing reagentsS A Gustavsson
Department of Organic Chemistry, Institute of Chemistry, Uppsala University, Sweden
J Chromatogr A 937:41-7. 2001..ion-pairing reagents are useful due to their compatibility with liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization (ESI) mass spectrometry...
- Lipid rafts of primary endothelial cells are essential for Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus/human herpesvirus 8-induced phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and RhoA-GTPases critical for microtubule dynamics and nuclear delivery of viral DNA but dispensabHari Raghu
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Chicago Medical School, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, 3333 Green Bay Road, North Chicago, IL 60064, USA
J Virol 81:7941-59. 2007....
- Simultaneous quantification of the organophosphorus pesticides dimethoate and omethoate in porcine plasma and urine by LC-ESI-MS/MS and flow-injection-ESI-MS/MSHarald John
Bundeswehr Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuherbergstr 11, 80937 Munich, Germany
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 878:1234-45. 2010..Therefore, we developed and validated a LC-ESI-MS/MS method suitable for the simultaneous, selective, precise (RSD(intra-day) 1-8%; RSD(inter-day) 5-14%), ..
- Liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry method for the determination of aldehydes derivatized by the Hantzsch reactionG Zurek
, Anorganisch-Chemisches Institut, Abteilung Analytische Chemie, Germany
J Chromatogr A 864:191-7. 1999..Atmospheric pressure chemical ionization (APCI) and electrospray ionization (ESI) in the positive mode are suitable to ionize the formed dihydropyridine and decahydroacridine derivatives under ..
- Liquid chromatographic determination of emamectin, milbemectin, ivermectin and abamectin in crops and confirmation by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometryK Yoshii
Ministry of Health and Welfare, National Institute of Health Sciences, Osaka Branch, Japan
J Chromatogr A 896:75-85. 2000..7-279.3 ppb was detected in four cases. The detected samples were confirmed by LC-electrospray ionization (ESI) MS. The limit of detection by LC-ESI-MS was similar to the fluorescence detection level of 0.1-0...
- Down-regulation of LFA-1-mediated T cell adhesion induced by the HIV envelope glycoprotein gp160 requires phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase activityF Mazerolles
INSERM U 429, Hôpital Necker Enfants Maladis, Paris, France
Eur J Immunol 27:2457-65. 1997..These results emphasize the role of PI3-kinase in the regulation of cytoskeleton structure. It is proposed that gp160 activates both p56lck and PI3-kinase which lead to a cytoskeleton organization unfavorable for LFA-1 function...
- High-performance liquid chromatography with electrospray ionization mass spectrometry and diode array ultraviolet detection in the identification of flavonol aglycones and glycosides in berriesS Hakkinen
Department of Clinical Nutrition, University of Kuopio, Finland
J Chromatogr A 829:91-100. 1998High-performance liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-mass spectrometry (HPLC-ESI-MS) was used to study flavonol aglycones and glycosides in berries...
- Analysis of gangliosides by capillary zone electrophoresis and capillary zone electrophoresis-electrospray mass spectrometryD D Ju
Department of Chemistry, National Taiwan University, Taipei
J Chromatogr A 779:195-203. 1997..obtained in CE-UV could not be reproduced in CE-MS because of the incompatibility of the borate/phosphate buffer to ESI-MS...
- PI3-kinase is involved in mitogenic signaling by the oncogenic receptor tyrosine kinase Xiphophorus melanoma receptor kinase in fish melanomaC Wellbrock
Biocenter Theodor Boveri Institut, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
Exp Cell Res 251:340-9. 1999..Together these data demonstrate that PI3-kinase is a substrate of the oncogenic Xmrk receptor and plays a significant role in mitogenic signaling of melanoma cells and the formation of malignant melanoma in Xiphophorus...
- Mechansim of tea catechin's inhibition of angiogenesisMohsen Meydani; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Chiral Ion Mobility Spectrometry for Rapid Separation of Enantiomeric CompoundsChing Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..and characterization instrument: electrospray ionization - chiral ion mobility spectrometer - mass spectrometer (ESI-CIMS-MS)...
- ABI Elite ESI-QqTOF Mass Spectrometry SystemNatalie G Ahn; Fiscal Year: 2010..purchase an integrated system for liquid chromatography coupled with electrospray ionization mass spectrometry (LC-ESI-MS)...
- Novel TIRF microscopy analyzing trafficking & signaling at the cell cortexDerek Toomre; Fiscal Year: 2009..Consistent with the recovery act's goal, this funding will provide full-time summer employment for 4 undergraduate students and accelerate scientific achievement of the parent DP2 award...
- RAYMOND DANIEL BLIND; Fiscal Year: 2015..The candidate will expand his research program as an independent investigator with the training afforded by this K01 award, opening new avenues to cancer research. ..
- Colleen K Van Pelt; Fiscal Year: 2014..However, in a Phase I project, CorSolutions developed a robust, reliable, user-friendly nanoLC/ESI device that addresses these limitations of conventional nanoLC/ESI systems while still maintaining state-of- the-..
- Role of leptin-mediated PI3 Kinase signaling on reproductive controlCarol Fuzeti Elias; Fiscal Year: 2013..Obesity and diabetes can also negatively affect fertility. Thus, it is hoped that our studies may open new fronts for the understanding and for further treatment of reproductive deficits caused by metabolic dysfunctions. ..
- Kira Gritsman; Fiscal Year: 2014..This proposal will use mouse knockout models to examine whether the p110 and p110 subunits of PI3 kinase are important for normal HSC function and are feasible targets for leukemia therapy. ..
- Signaling pathways regulated by GSK3 in hematopoietic stem cellJian Huang; Fiscal Year: 2012..The long-term goals of this project are to extend our understanding of HSC biology and to improve HSC/bone marrow transplantation. ) ..
- Saghi Ghaffari; Fiscal Year: 2015..Given the importance of GATA and FoxO factors for regulating diverse processes, the studies will yield broad mechanistic and biological insights. (End of Abstract) ..
- RIK M DERYNCK; Fiscal Year: 2016..This knowledge is likely to provide new and more selective avenues than hitherto possible to block the invasive and metastatic behavior of cancers. ..
- Cellular Determinants of Apoptosis in Virus-Infected CellsGanes C Sen; Fiscal Year: 2013..Finally, genetically modified mice, including new IRF-3 mutant knock-in mice which have been generated for this project, will be used to assess the in vivo contribution of RIPA in controlling viral pathogenesis. ..
- INSULIN SIGNALING DEFECTS IN PCOSRicardo Azziz; Fiscal Year: 2010..Moreover, we anticipate that by advancing the rate of our existing research, the supplement will enable us to lay the foundations for future submissions, which has the potential to both secure existing jobs and create new ones ..
- Huizhi Wang; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- Jian Huang; Fiscal Year: 2015..The knowledge learned from these studies will provide new insights into the mechanisms of the regulation of HSC self-renewal and differentiation and may improve the therapy of hematopoietic disorders. 1 ..
- Erythropoietin PLUS IGF-IN NEUROPROTECTION FROM AIDSStuart Lipton; Fiscal Year: 2009..Hypothesis Tested: EPO+IGF-I act synergistically to activate the anti-apoptotic PI3 kinase/Akt signaling pathway, and thus provide a synergistic degree of neuroprotection. ..
- Effects of Ethanol TNF Induced CytotoxicityJohn G Pastorino; Fiscal Year: 2012..Moreover these effects of ethanol can be ameliorated by activation of AMPK. ..
- Regulation of Osteoclast Function : Role of the Cbl-PI3K ComplexArchana Sanjay; Fiscal Year: 2012..The research proposed here will help in understanding the basic biology behind bone resorption and will help identifying targets for therapeutic interventions to control bone loss. ..
- ZhengPing Yi; Fiscal Year: 2016..and type 2 diabetic volunteers utilizing state-of-the-art HPLC-nanospray- tandem mass spectrometry (HPLC-ESI-MS/MS) to assess interacting partners of insulin receptor substrate-1 (IRS-1) and to discover and quantify novel ..
- ROLE OF TGFBETA IN CORNEAL STROMAL WOUND HEALINGJames V Jester; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- HEPATOCELLULAR CARCINOMA AND HEPATITIS C: E2 MOLECULAR MECHANISMSMartina Buck; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, the discovery and mechanistic studies of a novel viral kinase has extensive implications in the fields of HCV, general virology, clathrin-mediated endocytosis, and signal transduction. ..
- Martin Carroll; Fiscal Year: 2015..These complementary approaches will lead to a better understanding of the pathogenesis of AML and improved therapies. ..
- Natarajan Muthusamy; Fiscal Year: 2016..Collectively, TRU-016 and its application to CLL therapy have potential to transform treatment of this disease. ..
- H William Schnaper; Fiscal Year: 2014..By elucidating the signaling events underlying kidney fibrosis we hope to better understand fibrogenic mechanisms, how to interrupt them and, ultimately, how to treat them. ..
- Non-apoptotic functions of caspasesSTEVEN MILES FRISCH; Fiscal Year: 2012..It is important to understand the ramifications of this novel function of caspase-8 for oncogenesis and the treatment of human cancer. ..
- Role of TGF-b-induced Shc-Erk MAPK signaling in epithelial-mesenchymal transitionBaby Periyanayaki Muthusamy; Fiscal Year: 2013..Our results should lead to a better understanding of not only the mechanisms of TGF-ss signaling, but also the roles of TGF-ss signaling in EMT and cancer cell invasion. ) ..
- Omics-Based Assays for Screening Chemical Toxicity Using Stem CellsDaojing Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..chip (MEA chip), which enables nanoflow liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry (nanoLC-ESI/MS)- based, high-sensitivity, high-throughput, and multiplex measurements of multiclass analytes (peptides, ..
- David J Stewart; Fiscal Year: 2016..Students will be trained in high-sensitivity microcapillary liquid chromatography coupled with nanospray-ESI and tandem mass spectrometry...
- Imaging Mass Spectrometry for Oxidized Lipidomics in Acute Lung InjuryBRUCE ROBERT PITT; Fiscal Year: 2013..oxidative lipidomics that combines the use of liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-mass spectrometry (LC-ESI- MS)...
- Controlling Bacterial Biofilms in Cystic Fibrosis AirwaysGERARD C WONG; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, using electrospray ionization-liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (ESI-LC-MS/MS), PGP is found in the airways of animals exposed to aerosolized LPS and markedly contributes to PMN influx...
- Therapeutics for Chronic Lung Diseases: Antagonists of PGP, Chemokines and CXCRJ Edwin Blalock; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore, using electrospray ionization-liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (ESI-LC-MS/MS), PGP is found in the airways of animals exposed to aerosolized LPS and markedly contributes to PMN influx...
- Microfluidic Chips for BiomonitoringPan Mao; Fiscal Year: 2012..Liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization mass spectrometry (LC-ESI/MS) is the most powerful technique for large-scale quantitative and qualitative analyses of proteins and ..
- Computational approaches to protein identification and quantification using MS/MSPredrag Radivojac; Fiscal Year: 2010..goal in the proposed work is to generate and interrogate MS/MS data from several proteomics platforms, including ESI/MS, MALDI/TOF/TOF, LC-IMS/TOF and MALDI-PID/TOF to develop customized computational tools that address several ..
- Plug-and-Play, Sensor-based, NanoLC/ESI Technology for Proteomics and GlycomicsCOLLEEN VAN PELT; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Conventional nano-liquid chromatography electrospray mass spectrometry (nanoLC/ESI/MS or nanoLC/MS) is a challenging technique to perform, requiring a highly proficient user, and consequently, this ..
- A Walk-UP LC-MS for the Rapid Analysis of Organic CompoundsPaul Hergenrother; Fiscal Year: 2010..The instrument consists of a High Performance Liquid Chromatography system coupled to an orthogonal time-of-flight ESI/APCI mass spectrometer, and is to be set up as direct "open-access" instrumentation to researchers (graduate ..
- Purchase of a Q-TOF LC/MS SystemMichael C Fitzgerald; Fiscal Year: 2010..Number 6520) include: an accurate mass Q-TOF mass spectrometer equipped with a dual spray electrospray ionization (ESI) ion source, an HPLC-Chip cube mass spectrometry (MS) interface, a nanoflow liquid chromatography (LC) system;and ..
- Purchase of a MALDI-TOF-TOF Mass SpectrometerGREGORY WEISS; Fiscal Year: 2009..for small molecule analysis using Open Access technology, analyzing 20,000 samples a year by flow injection ESI, C18-LC-ESI-MS and GC-MS...
- Validation and Advanced Development of Emerging TechnologiesKeqi Tang; Fiscal Year: 2013..enhanced by integrating the latest high speed liquid chromatography (LC), high efficiency electrospray ionization (ESI) source and unique MS interface technologies developed at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) and ..
- Kazem M Azadzoi; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- BONE MATRIX AND BONE RESORPTIONPaul R Odgren; Fiscal Year: 2012..This proposal aims to investigate new genes that regulate the formation and activity of osteoclasts to better understand bone biology in general, and potentially to find new ways to treat these widespread bone disorders. ..
- Extracellular ubiquitin: role in myocyte apoptosis and myocardial remodelingKrishna Singh; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Mark R Plummer; Fiscal Year: 2014..The exploration of these phenomena will thus have significant value for our basic biological understanding of brain function as well as its malfunction in a number of different clinically relevant situations. ..
- Beta-cell ProliferationFredric E Wondisford; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies of in vivo mechanisms of [unreadable]-cell proliferation may provide therapeutic approaches for diabetes mellitus in humans. ..
- Preclinical testing of a novel PDK1 inhibitor for treating vestibular schwannomaAbraham Jacob; Fiscal Year: 2013..OSU-03012 may represent the first medical treatment alternative for patients afflicted with VS. ..
- MOLECULAR MODELS OF IMMUNE-MEDIATED VASCULAR INJURYJeffrey R Bender; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Ann Richmond; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- William G Cance; Fiscal Year: 2016..Thus, this application will provide novel molecular cancer therapeutics that target the focal adhesion kinase. ..
- Novel Molecules in Calcium Signaling in PlateletsWolfgang Bergmeier; Fiscal Year: 2013..An in-depth analysis of how CD-GEFI regulates platelet function in vitro and in vivo will aid in its establishment as a target for antiplatelet therapy. ..
- Notch-1 and IGF-1 crosstalk: new therapeutic strategies for NSCLCMaurizio Bocchetta; Fiscal Year: 2013..Furthermore, the study will test the clinical usefulness of targeting Notch signaling to treat NSCLC using GSI. Finally, these experiments will elucidate the role of Notch-1 in lung tumorigenicity in vitro and in vivo. ..
- Targeting crosstalk between insulin and Gq signaling systems in pancreatic cancerJUAN ENRIQUE ROZENGURT; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- DC-T Cell Interactions in Pulmonary Immune ResponsesAnuradha Ray; Fiscal Year: 2012..These studies will help identify targets for inhibiting undesired immune responses in the lung at the same time promoting those that protect from infectious agents. ..
- Richard A Cohen; Fiscal Year: 2014..By understanding the molecular mechanisms by which angiogenesis is normally redox-regulated by p21ras and GRX1, we anticipate being able to determine why angiogenesis is impaired in metabolic disease. ..
- Sherie L Morrison; Fiscal Year: 2015..B. Evaluate the in vivo efficacy of the fusion proteins against human lymphoma xenografts in combination with inhibitors of mTOR (temsirolimus) or PI3 kinase d (CAL-120). ..
- Paraventricular Nucleus Signaling Mechanisms in HypertensionCarrie A Northcott; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, due to the integrative nature of the PVN, these data will also provide a glimpse at the role of signaling in other physiological conditions, such as obesity. ..
- Robert C Rickert; Fiscal Year: 2016..Such knowledge will be of direct relevance for the application of small molecular therapeutics to enhance (e.g. for vaccines) or inhibit (e.g. in autoimmunity) the PI3-kinase pathway in specific settings. ..
- Targeting the ARF/CtBP Axis in Pancreatic CancerSteven R Grossman; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Frederick R Maxfield; Fiscal Year: 2015..Such insights may help in developing therapies as well as providing deeper understanding of the underlying basis for cardiovascular risk factors such as elevated biomarkers for inflammation. ..
- Extranuclear estrogen receptor actions on endometrial cancer cell proliferationTwila A Jackson; Fiscal Year: 2012..Understanding novel mechanisms of estrogen receptor action may provide new targets for endocrine therapies. ..
- R Suzanne Zukin; Fiscal Year: 2015..These translational studies will create a foundation for generating novel therapeutic strategies to ameliorate this serious human condition. ..
- Role of serum- and glucocorticoid-regulated kinase-1 in electrical remodelingAnthony Rosenzweig; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus understanding SGK1's role in the heart could have important practical implications, and the current application would help advance our understanding of the potential of SGK1 as a therapeutic target. ..
- Ganes C Sen; Fiscal Year: 2016..For this purpose, the different steps of the viral life cycle will be examined. Moreover, the status of the innate immune response in the persistently infected cells will be evaluated. ..
- Caveolin-1 and NO Regulate PMN-mediated Increases in Vascular PermeabilityRichard D Minshall; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- AMY JO JOHNSON; Fiscal Year: 2016..These will guide future combination studies with Ibrutinib that has great potential to completely change the treatment paradigm of CLL. ..
- Adipocyte insulin signaling and circulating adiponectin levelsROCIO INES PEREIRA; Fiscal Year: 2010..interventions which increase adiponectin levels do so by improving adipocyte insulin signaling though the PI 3-kinase pathway...
- Ventricular Remodeling in the Adapted HeartNilanjana Maulik; Fiscal Year: 2012..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: To understand VEGF signaling mechanism is a promising medical development in the treatment of ischemia that will likely improve the quality of life in patients who have severe ischemic heart disease. ..
- REGULATION OF PLASMA CELL MALIGNANCY BY INSULIN AND IGFGREGORY FREUND; Fiscal Year: 2000..Freund has a unique opportunity to develop into an outstanding clinician and scientist. ..
- ANG II AND IGF-1 INTERACTION IN CARDIOVASCULAR TISSUEJames Sowers; Fiscal Year: 2003..Thus, the proposed investigation will explore the role of PI3-kinase in mediating the cardiovascular interactions of AngII/IGF-1 after both short-term in vitro Ang II exposure and longer-term in vivo Ang II tissue excess. ..
- SRC KINASE, PATHWAYS MODULATING LH RESPONSIVENESSChristopher Taylor; Fiscal Year: 1999....
- In vivo assessment of Gas6 to protect oligodendrocytes and enhance remyelinationBridget Shafit Zagardo; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Breast cancer response markers to a dual HER1/2 blockerJenny Chang; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- G-protein-induced Signaling of PMN-mediated Lung InjuryArshad Rahman; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies may provide future directions for development of therapeutic strategies for inflammatory disease states such as Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS). ..
- PDK-1 as an attractive cancer therapeuticDavid Stokoe; Fiscal Year: 2006..These experiments will determine whether PDK-1 inhibition represents an effective and non-toxic approach to curb tumorigenesis. ..
- P33ING1 IN CELLULAR SENESCENCE AND ORGANISIMAL AGINGJunying Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2003..These works will illustrate the role of p33ING1 in mediating cellular senescence in culture and organismal aging in vivo. ..
- PI3-KINASE IN SYNAPTIC PLASTICITYPietro Sanna; Fiscal Year: 2001....
- Insulin resistance and cardiac dysfunction in obesityEVAN ABEL; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will provide a detailed and comprehensive analysis of the role that abnormal myocardial insulin signaling plays in the pathogenesis of cardiac dysfunction in obesity. ..
- Establishing bioactive serum and toxicity levels for Nanolipolee-007Arati Sharma; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Detecting Carbapenem and Quinolone Resistance in Klebsiella pneumoniae using PCR/Robert A Bonomo; Fiscal Year: 2010..pneumoniae using PCR coupled with electrospray ionization mass spectrometry (PCR/ESI-MS) is planned...
- Fast, High-Resolution Protein Separations using Controllable Electro-Osmotic FlowFRANK JAHNKE; Fiscal Year: 2010..The new device is interfaced to ESI mass spectrometry, enabling it to determine top-down protein expression profiles...
- Cell Survival Pathways and Inhibitors in LeukemiaAlan Eastman; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- Ras and Chemokine Stimulated Neutrophil PolarizationCindy Knall; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed study fulfills the scope of the NIAID small research grants program as a small, self-contained research project requiring minimal funding for a limited time. ..
- NEUTROPHIL ACTIVATION IN ACUTE LUNG INJURYEdward Abraham; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Ovarian Follicular Developmental and Hormone ActionJoanne Richards; Fiscal Year: 2007..3) Determine the molecular, cellular and hormonal basis of the altered ovarian phenotype of the TAFII105 null mice. 4) Determine the function of Wnt-4 in the adult ovary. ..
- Anti-inflammatory Serpin(AAT and Elafin) Gene Transfers*Sihong Song; Fiscal Year: 2003..Alpha 1 antitrypsin (AAT) and elafin are serine proteinase inhibitors (serpin), and have anti-inflammatory properties...
- Characterization of a novel nuclear Rab proteinYing Huang; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..