Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FADS1
Description: fatty acid desaturase 1
Alias: D5D, FADS6, FADSD5, LLCDL1, TU12, fatty acid desaturase 1, delta(5) desaturase, delta-5 fatty acid desaturase, linoleoyl-CoA desaturase (delta-6-desaturase)-like 1
Publications173 found, 100 shown here
- Delta5 desaturase mRNA levels are increased by simvastatin via SREBP-1 at early stages, not via PPARalpha, in THP-1 cellsPatrizia Rise
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, Via Balzaretti 9, 20133 Milan, Italy
Eur J Pharmacol 571:97-105. 2007..These results taken together suggest that SREBP-1 is involved in the early regulation of delta5 desaturase gene by simvastatin, in THP-1 cells...
- A gene map of the Best's vitelliform macular dystrophy region in chromosome 11q12-q13.1H Stohr
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Wurzburg, Germany
Genome Res 8:48-56. 1998..The GenBank/EMBL accession numbers and details of the isolation, localization, and characterization of ESTs and selected cDNAs are available as online supplements in Online Tables 1-3 at http://www.genome.org.]..
- Cloning, expression, and fatty acid regulation of the human delta-5 desaturaseH P Cho
Program of Nutritional Sciences and the Institute for Cellular and Molecular Biology, The University of Texas Austin, Austin, Texas 78712, USA
J Biol Chem 274:37335-9. 1999..Finally, a BLAST and Genemap search of the human genome revealed that the Delta-5 and Delta-6 desaturase genes reside in reverse orientation on chromosome 11 and that they are separated by <11,000 base pairs...
- cDNA cloning, genomic structure, and chromosomal localization of three members of the human fatty acid desaturase familyA Marquardt
Institute of Human Genetics, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, 97074, Germany
Genomics 66:175-83. 2000..4-Mb region in 11q12-q13.1, full-length fatty acid desaturase-1 (FADS1) and fatty acid desaturase-2 (FADS2) transcripts were obtained by EST sequence assembly...
- Common genetic variants of the FADS1 FADS2 gene cluster and their reconstructed haplotypes are associated with the fatty acid composition in phospholipidsLinda Schaeffer
GSF National Research Center for Environment and Health, Institute of Epidemiology, 85764 Neuherberg, Germany
Hum Mol Genet 15:1745-56. 2006..We report strong associations between variants in the human delta-5 and delta-6 desaturase genes FADS1 FADS2 and fatty acid composition in serum phospholipids...
- Association of fatty acid desaturase genes with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorderKeeley J Brookes
MRC Social Genetic Developmental Psychiatry Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, De Crespigny Park, Denmark Hill, London, United Kingdom
Biol Psychiatry 60:1053-61. 2006....
- SNPs of the FADS gene cluster are associated with polyunsaturated fatty acids in a cohort of patients with cardiovascular diseaseGiovanni Malerba
Department of Mother and Child, and Biology Genetics, Section of Biology and Genetics, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Lipids 43:289-99. 2008Polymorphisms of the human Delta-5 (FADS1) and Delta-6 (FADS2) desaturase genes have been recently described to be associated with the level of several long-chain n-3 and n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) in serum phospholipids...
- Evidence for an association between genetic variants of the fatty acid desaturase 1 fatty acid desaturase 2 ( FADS1 FADS2) gene cluster and the fatty acid composition of erythrocyte membranesPeter Rzehak
Institute of Epidemiology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Centre for Environmental Health, Neuherberg 85764, Germany
Br J Nutr 101:20-6. 2009The present study gives further evidence for the recently found association between variants of the fatty acid desaturase 1 fatty acid desaturase 2 (FADS1 FADS2) gene cluster and PUFA in blood phospholipids and explores this association ..
- FADS genotypes and desaturase activity estimated by the ratio of arachidonic acid to linoleic acid are associated with inflammation and coronary artery diseaseNicola Martinelli
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine and the Section of Biology and Genetics, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Am J Clin Nutr 88:941-9. 2008The delta-5 and delta-6 desaturases, encoded by FADS1 and FADS2 genes, are key enzymes in polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFA) metabolism that catalyze the conversion of linoleic acid (LA) into arachidonic acid (AA) and that of alpha-..
- Genetic variants of the FADS1 FADS2 gene cluster are associated with altered (n-6) and (n-3) essential fatty acids in plasma and erythrocyte phospholipids in women during pregnancy and in breast milk during lactationLin Xie
Department of Nutrition and Food Hygiene, School of Public Health, Jilin University, Changchun, People s Republic of China
J Nutr 138:2222-8. 2008..We determined if single nucleotide polymorphisms in FADS1 and FADS2 influence plasma phospholipid and erythrocyte ethanolamine phosphoglyceride (EPG) (n-6) and (n-3) fatty ..
- Genetics meets metabolomics: a genome-wide association study of metabolite profiles in human serumChristian Gieger
Institute of Epidemiology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Germany
PLoS Genet 4:e1000282. 2008..We identified four genetic variants in genes coding for enzymes (FADS1, LIPC, SCAD, MCAD) where the corresponding metabolic phenotype (metabotype) clearly matches the biochemical ..
- Genome-wide association study of plasma polyunsaturated fatty acids in the InCHIANTI StudyToshiko Tanaka
MedStar Research Institute, Baltimore, MD, USA
PLoS Genet 5:e1000338. 2009..evidence for association was observed in a region of chromosome 11 that encodes three fatty acid desaturases (FADS1, FADS2, FADS3)...
- A systems genetics approach implicates USF1, FADS3, and other causal candidate genes for familial combined hyperlipidemiaChristopher L Plaisier
Department of Human Genetics, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS Genet 5:e1000642. 2009..We then provide evidence from two independent datasets supporting FADS3 as a causal gene for FCHL and elevated TGs in Mexicans...
- FADS gene cluster polymorphisms: important modulators of fatty acid levels and their impact on atopic diseasesEva Lattka
Institute of Epidemiology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Ingolstadter Landstrasse 1, Neuherberg, Germany
J Nutrigenet Nutrigenomics 2:119-28. 2009..the last few years have revealed that single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the 2 desaturase encoding genes (FADS1 and FADS2) are highly associated with the concentration of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids, showing that beside ..
- Genetic variants of the FADS1 FADS2 gene cluster as related to essential fatty acid metabolismEva Lattka
Institute of Epidemiology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Germany
Curr Opin Lipidol 21:64-9. 2010..Cloning of the coding sequences and chromosomal localization of the desaturase encoding genes fatty acid desaturase 1 and 2 (FADS1 and FADS2) opened the way for analyses of genetic factors as regulators of desaturase ..
- Do FADS genotypes enhance our knowledge about fatty acid related phenotypes?Eva Lattka
Institute of Epidemiology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Germany
Clin Nutr 29:277-87. 2010..have reported an association between single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the two desaturase encoding genes (FADS1 and FADS2) and the concentration of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids...
- A genome-wide perspective of genetic variation in human metabolismThomas Illig
Institute of Epidemiology, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Neuherberg, Germany
Nat Genet 42:137-41. 2010..For eight out of nine replicated loci (FADS1, ELOVL2, ACADS, ACADM, ACADL, SPTLC3, ETFDH and SLC16A9), the genetic variant is located in or near genes encoding ..
- Role of FADS1 and FADS2 polymorphisms in polyunsaturated fatty acid metabolismClaudia Glaser
Division of Metabolic Diseases and Nutritional Medicine, Dr von Hauner Children s Hospital, Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich, Munich, Germany
Metabolism 59:993-9. 2010..Strong associations between variants in the human genes fatty acid desaturase 1 (FADS1, encoding Delta-5 desaturase) and fatty acid desaturase 2 (FADS2, encoding Delta-6 desaturase) and ..
- New genetic loci implicated in fasting glucose homeostasis and their impact on type 2 diabetes riskJosee Dupuis
Department of Biostatistics, Boston University School of Public Health, Massachusetts, USA
Nat Genet 42:105-16. 2010..These include nine loci newly associated with fasting glucose (in or near ADCY5, MADD, ADRA2A, CRY2, FADS1, GLIS3, SLC2A2, PROX1 and C2CD4B) and one influencing fasting insulin and HOMA-IR (near IGF1)...
- FADS1 FADS2 gene variants modify the association between fish intake and the docosahexaenoic acid proportions in human milkCarolina Moltó-Puigmartí
Department of Nutrition and Food Science, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Am J Clin Nutr 91:1368-76. 2010The genes encoding Delta(5)- and Delta(6)-desaturases (FADS1 FADS2 gene cluster) were reported to be associated with n-3 (omega-3) and n-6 (omega-6) fatty acid proportions in human plasma, tissues, and milk...
- A single nucleotide polymorphism in the FADS1/FADS2 gene is associated with plasma lipid profiles in two genetically similar Asian ethnic groups with distinctive differences in lifestyleKazuhiro Nakayama
Division of Human Genetics, Center for Community Medicine, Jichi Medical University, 3311 1 Yakushiji, Shimotsuke, Tochigi 329 0498, Japan
Hum Genet 127:685-90. 2010Recent genome-wide association studies (GWASs) showed that single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in FADS1/FADS2 were associated with plasma lipid concentrations in populations with European ancestry...
- Association of fatty acid desaturase gene polymorphisms with blood lipid essential fatty acids and perinatal depression among Canadian women: a pilot studyLin Xie
Department of Paediatrics, Child and Family Research Institute, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B C, Canada
J Nutrigenet Nutrigenomics 2:243-50. 2009The FADS1/FADS2 gene cluster encodes Delta-5 and Delta-6 desaturase, rate-limiting enzymes in metabolism of linoleic (LA) to arachidonic (ARA) and alpha-linolenic to eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms in the FADS gene cluster are associated with delta-5 and delta-6 desaturase activities estimated by serum fatty acid ratiosSzilvia Bokor
INSERM U744, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Univ Lille Nord de France, UDSL, 59019 Lille, France
J Lipid Res 51:2325-33. 2010Genetic variability in the FADS1-FADS2 gene cluster [encoding delta-5 (D5D) and delta-6 (D6D) desaturases] has been associated with plasma long-chain PUFA (LCPUFA) and lipid levels in adults...
- Dietary n-3 and n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acid intake interacts with FADS1 genetic variation to affect total and HDL-cholesterol concentrations in the Doetinchem Cohort StudyYingchang Lu
Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University Research Center, Wageningen, Netherlands
Am J Clin Nutr 92:258-65. 2010The delta-5 and delta-6 desaturases, encoded by the FADS1 and FADS2 genes, are rate-limiting enzymes in polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFA) biosynthesis...
- FADS genetic variants and omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acid metabolism in a homogeneous island populationRasika A Mathias
Division of General Internal Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Lipid Res 51:2766-74. 2010..of 22 PUFAs were determined by gas chromatography, of which ten fatty acids and five ratios defining FADS1 and FADS2 activity were tested for genetic association against 16 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) in 224 ..
- Genetic variation in lipid desaturases and its impact on the development of human diseaseDiana M Merino
University of Guelph, Department of Human Health and Nutritional Sciences, Guelph N1G 2W1, Canada
Lipids Health Dis 9:63. 2010..This review will highlight the current state-of-knowledge regarding three desaturases (Scd-1, Fads1 and Fads2) and their potential roles in disease onset and development...
- Genome-wide association analysis identifies multiple loci related to resting heart rateMark Eijgelsheim
Department of Epidemiology, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Hum Mol Genet 19:3885-94. 2010..c12orf67, BCAT1, LRMP and CASC1; 6q22 near SLC35F1, PLN and c6orf204; 7q22 near SLC12A9 and UfSp1; and 11q12 near FADS1. Associations at 6q22 400 kb away from GJA1, at 14q12 MYH6 and at 1q32 near CD34 identified in previously ..
- Variants of the FADS1 FADS2 gene cluster, blood levels of polyunsaturated fatty acids and eczema in children within the first 2 years of lifePeter Rzehak
Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Institute of Epidemiology, Neuherberg, Germany
PLoS ONE 5:e13261. 2010Association of genetic-variants in the FADS1-FADS2-gene-cluster with fatty-acid-composition in blood of adult-populations is well established. We analyze this genetic-association in two children-cohort-studies...
- Erythrocyte membrane phospholipid fatty acids, desaturase activity, and dietary fatty acids in relation to risk of type 2 diabetes in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC)-Potsdam StudyJanine Kröger
Department of Molecular Epidemiology, German Institute of Human Nutrition Potsdam Rehbrucke, Nuthetal, Germany
Am J Clin Nutr 93:127-42. 2011..The long-term role of fatty acids (FAs) in the cause of diabetes remains largely unclear...
- FADS gene polymorphisms in Koreans: association with ω6 polyunsaturated fatty acids in serum phospholipids, lipid peroxides, and coronary artery diseaseJung Hyun Kwak
Interdisciplinary Course of Science for Aging, Yonsei University, Seoul, South Korea
Atherosclerosis 214:94-100. 2011..We investigated the association of polymorphisms in FADS genes with polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) in serum phospholipids, lipid peroxides, and coronary artery disease (CAD) in Koreans...
- Genetic variants of the fatty acid desaturase gene cluster predict amounts of red blood cell docosahexaenoic and other polyunsaturated fatty acids in pregnant women: findings from the Avon Longitudinal Study of Parents and ChildrenBerthold Koletzko
Department of Pediatrics, Dr von Hauner Children s Hospital, University of Munich Medical Center, Munich, Germany
Am J Clin Nutr 93:211-9. 2011..Polymorphisms in the desaturase encoding genes FADS1 and FADS2 have been associated with several n-6 (omega-6) and n-3 (omega-3) FAs and especially with arachidonic ..
- Genetic variants of the FADS gene cluster and ELOVL gene family, colostrums LC-PUFA levels, breastfeeding, and child cognitionEva Morales
Center for research in environmental epidemiology CREAL, Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
PLoS ONE 6:e17181. 2011....
- Polymorphisms in FADS1 and FADS2 alter desaturase activity in young Caucasian and Asian adultsDiana M Merino
University of Guelph, Department of Human Health and Nutritional Sciences, Guelph, Canada N1G 2W1
Mol Genet Metab 103:171-8. 2011Recent evidence indicates that genetic variation in fatty acid desaturases 1 and 2 (FADS1 and FADS2) is associated with changes in plasma fatty acid profiles; however, the association with altered desaturase activity has not been ..
- FADS1 genetic variability interacts with dietary α-linolenic acid intake to affect serum non-HDL-cholesterol concentrations in European adolescentsJulie Dumont
INSERM, U744, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Univ Lille Nord de France, UDSL, Lille 59000, France
J Nutr 141:1247-53. 2011Two rate-limiting enzymes in PUFA biosynthesis, Δ5- and Δ6-desaturases, are encoded by the FADS1 and FADS2 genes, respectively...
- FADS gene variants modulate the effect of dietary fatty acid intake on allergic diseases in childrenM Standl
Institute of Epidemiology I, Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Munich, Germany
Clin Exp Allergy 41:1757-66. 2011..The association between dietary fatty acid intake and the development of atopic diseases has been inconsistent. This could be due to inter-individual genetic differences in fatty acid metabolism...
- Markers of endogenous desaturase activity and risk of coronary heart disease in the CAREMA cohort studyYingchang Lu
Division of Human Nutrition, Wageningen University and Research Center, Wageningen, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 7:e41681. 2012..Therefore, the aim of this study was to investigate the relation between these ratios as well as genotypes of FADS1 rs174547 and CHD incidence.
- Genetic variation at the FADS1-FADS2 gene locus influences delta-5 desaturase activity and LC-PUFA proportions after fish oil supplementMaryam Al-Hilal
Diabetes and Nutritional Sciences Division, School of Medicine, Kingrsquos College London, London SE1 9NH, United Kingdom
J Lipid Res 54:542-51. 2013..subjects (n = 310), genotypes of single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) rs174537, rs174561, and rs3834458 in the FADS1-FADS2 gene cluster were strongly associated with proportions of LC-PUFAs and desaturase activities estimated in ..
- Dietary oils and FADS1-FADS2 genetic variants modulate [13C]α-linolenic acid metabolism and plasma fatty acid compositionLeah G Gillingham
Richardson Centre for Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Am J Clin Nutr 97:195-207. 2013Desaturation of dietary α-linolenic acid (ALA) to omega-3 (n-3) long-chain fatty acids (FAs) is mediated through FA desaturases (FADS1-FADS2) and may be influenced by dietary FA composition.
- Variation in the FADS1/2 gene cluster alters plasma n-6 PUFA and is weakly associated with hsCRP levels in healthy young adultsKaitlin Roke
Department of Human Health and Nutritional Sciences, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON, Canada N1G 2W1 Electronic address
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 89:257-63. 2013Past research has reported that single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in fatty acid desaturase 1 and 2 (FADS1/2) can influence plasma fatty acid (FA) profiles...
- Fatty acid unsaturation in the red alga Porphyridium cruentum. Is the methylene interrupted nature of polyunsaturated fatty acids an intrinsic property of the desaturases?Z Cohen
Laboratory for Microalgal Biotechnology, Jacob Blaustein Institute for Desert Research, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
Biochim Biophys Acta 1344:59-64. 1997....
- Activity and mRNA abundance of Delta-5 and Delta-6 fatty acid desaturases in two human cell linesR J de Antueno
QuantaNova Canada Ltd, P O Box 818, B4N 4H8, Kentville, N S, Canada
FEBS Lett 491:247-51. 2001....
- Recent advances in molecular cloning of fatty acid desaturase genes and the regulation of their expression by dietary vitamin A and retinoic acidReza Zolfaghari
Department of Nutritional Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University, 126 S Henderson Building, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 68:171-9. 2003..The reaction products of these desaturases serve as critical regulators in a wide range of physiological processes which include fetal growth and development, reproduction, cell differentiation, immune and inflammatory responses...
- [Polyunsaturated fatty acid biogenesis is impaired in spontaneously hypertensive rat in relation to the pathogenesis of hypertension]M Narce
, EA DGRT 1867, , Dijon
Arch Mal Coeur Vaiss 89:1025-8. 1996..Such results explain partly the effects of PUFA rich diets administered to hypertensive rats, and clarify the interpretation of such effects...
- Dietary fish oil n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and alpha-linolenic acid differently affect brain accretion of docosahexaenoic acid and expression of desaturases and sterol regulatory element-binding protein 1 in miceHaiyan Zhu
Clinical Nutrition Center, Beijing Pediatric Research Institute, Beijing Children s Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing 100045, China
J Nutr Biochem 21:954-60. 2010..amounts of n-3 PUFAs, as well as by the flaxseed oil n-3 PUFA diet, whereas in the brain, D6D, delta-5 desaturase (D5D) and SREBP-1 expressions were down-regulated by the higher fish oil n-3 PUFA diet rather than by other fish oil n-3 ..
- Psychosocial stress, catecholamines, and essential fatty acid metabolism in ratsD E Mills
Department of Health Studies, University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Proc Soc Exp Biol Med 205:56-61. 1994..They also suggest that epinephrine is capable of altering the in vivo metabolism of essential fatty acids in the rat...
- Polyunsaturated fatty acid biosynthesis from [1-14C]20:3 n-6 acid in rat cultured Sertoli cells. Linoleic acid effectGraciela E Hurtado de Catalfo
Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, Instituto de Investigaciones Bioquímicas de La Plata INIBIOLP, calles 60 y 120, CC 455, 1900 La Plata, Argentina
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 34:525-32. 2002..The addition of linoleic acid reverted this pattern and indicated that the Delta 5 desaturase activity is a limiting step in the polyunsaturated fatty acid biosynthesis...
- Effect of benzyl viologen on the phospholipid fatty acid composition and some properties in hepatic microsomal membrane of ratsF J Muriana
Instituto de la Grasa y sus Derivados C S I C, Sevilla, Spain
Mol Cell Biochem 108:125-31. 1991....
- Prostate tumor growth can be modulated by dietarily targeting the 15-lipoxygenase-1 and cyclooxygenase-2 enzymesUddhav P Kelavkar
Division of Hematology Oncology and Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Neoplasia 11:692-9. 2009....
- Transcriptome profiling of the feeding-to-fasting transition in chicken liverColette Désert
INRA, UMR 598, Génétique Animale, F 35000 Rennes, France
BMC Genomics 9:611. 2008..The present study aimed to describe the evolution of global gene expression profiles in liver of 4-week-old male chickens during a 48 h fasting period using a chicken 20 K oligoarray...
- Associations between estimated fatty acid desaturase activities in serum lipids and adipose tissue in humans: links to obesity and insulin resistanceEva Warensjo
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Lipids Health Dis 8:37. 2009..SCD-18, respectively), delta-6-desaturase (20:3n-6/18:2n-6; D6D) and delta-5-desaturase (20:4n-6/20:3n-6; D5D). Correlations with BMI and insulin resistance (HOMA-IR) were also examined...
- Fatty acid abnormalities in chronic pancreatitis: effect of concomitant diabetes mellitusD Quilliot
centre d investigation clinique, Centre Hospitalo Universitaire et INSERM, France
Eur J Clin Nutr 57:496-503. 2003..However there is little data available concerning the fatty acid profile in chronic pancreatitis. Diabetes mellitus, a common complication of this disease, could interfere with the metabolism of fatty acids...
- [Isolation and functional identification of delta 5 desaturase gene from Mortierella alpina]Min Zhu
Huazhong University of Science and Technology, School of Life Science and Technology, Wuhan 430074, China
Yi Chuan Xue Bao 32:986-92. 2005..The novel peak was further characterized by GC-MS and identified as arachidonic acid. The results showed that the gene isolated from fungi Mortierella alpina M6 was a delta5 desaturase gene...
- Effects of saturated and unsaturated fatty acids on estimated desaturase activities during a controlled dietary interventionEva Warensjo
Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism, Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 18:683-90. 2008..Data on how the markers of desaturase activities are modified by changes in dietary fat quality are lacking and therefore warrant examination...
- [Blood deficiency values of polyunsaturated fatty acids of phospholipids, vitamin E and glutathione peroxidase as possible risk factors in the onset and development of acquired immunodeficiency syndrome]S Passi
Istituto Dermatologico Santa Maria e San Gallicano, Roma
G Ital Dermatol Venereol 125:125-30. 1990....
- Dietary docosahexaenoic acid affects stearic acid desaturation in spontaneously hypertensive ratsM M Engler
Laboratory of Cardiovascular Physiology, Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0610, USA
Lipids 35:1011-5. 2000..The alterations in fatty acid composition and metabolism may contribute to the antihypertensive effect of DHA previously reported...
- Liver TAG transiently decreases while PL n-3 and n-6 fatty acids are persistently elevated in insulin resistant miceLudger Scheja
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology II, University Medical Center, 20246, Hamburg, Germany
Lipids 43:1039-51. 2008..were increased in both 1w-HFD and 16w-HFD mice, possibly due to increased expression of the desaturases Fads1 and Fads2...
- Evidence that liver microsomes of human neonates desaturate essential fatty acidsJ P Poisson
Unité de Recherche de Nutrition Cellulaire et Métabolique, Universite de Bourgogne, Faculte des Sciences Mirande, Dijon, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1167:109-13. 1993..These results demonstrate significant delta 6- and delta 5-desaturase activities in human liver of neonates, but this activity was lower than previously reported in adult humans and in mammals, especially rodents...
- Gene regulation of mammalian desaturasesM T Nakamura
Food Science and Human Nutrition, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 905 S Goodwin Avenue, 61801, USA
Biochem Soc Trans 30:1076-9. 2002..Delta-6 Desaturase (D6D) and Delta-5 desaturase (D5D) are the key enzymes for the synthesis of highly unsaturated fatty acids (HUFAs), such as arachidonic acid (20:4, n ..
- Tissue distribution and metabolism of gamma-linolenoyl-3-eicosapentaenoyl propane diol enterally or intravenously administered to mice bearing human pancreatic carcinomasR de Antueno
Scotia Research Institute, Kentville, NS, Canada
Anticancer Res 19:2041-8. 1999..These findings guarantee further investigations in oncology with this neutral diol lipid...
- Elevated delta-6 desaturase (FADS2) expression in the postmortem prefrontal cortex of schizophrenic patients: relationship with fatty acid compositionYanhong Liu
Department of Psychiatry, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45267, United States
Schizophr Res 109:113-20. 2009..Here we determined Delta5 desaturase (FADS1), Delta6 desaturase (FADS2), elongase (HELO1 [ELOVL5]), peroxisomal (PEX19), and Delta9 desaturase (stearoyl-CoA ..
- Genetic determinants of circulating sphingolipid concentrations in European populationsAndrew A Hicks
Institute of Genetic Medicine, European Academy Bozen Bolzano EURAC, Bolzano, Italy
PLoS Genet 5:e1000672. 2009..or near 7 genes functionally involved in ceramide biosynthesis and trafficking: SPTLC3, LASS4, SGPP1, ATP10D, and FADS1-3. Variants in 3 loci (ATP10D, FADS3, and SPTLC3) associate with MI in a series of three German MI studies...
- Genome-wide association study of advanced age-related macular degeneration identifies a role of the hepatic lipase gene (LIPC)Benjamin M Neale
Center for Human Genetic Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:7395-400. 2010..73e-04; cholesterylester transfer protein, P = 1.41e-03; FADS1-3, P = 2.69e-02)...
- Conjugated linoleic acid supplementation in humans--metabolic effectsA Smedman
Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences Geriatrics, Uppsala University, Sweden
Lipids 36:773-81. 2001..These results suggest that supplementation with CLA may reduce the proportion of body fat in humans and that CLA affects fatty acid metabolism. No effects on body weight, serum lipids, glucose metabolism, or PAI-1 were seen...
- Fatty acid delta 5 desaturation in rat liver cell nucleiA Ves-Losada
Instituto de Investigaciones Bioquímicas de La Plata INIBIOLP, Facultad de Ciencias Medicas, UNLP CONICET, Argentina
Mol Cell Biochem 142:163-70. 1995..This step would be essential in nuclear desaturation since when ATP and/or CoA (necessary for the acylation reaction) are omitted from the incubation mixture, the desaturation reaction does not take place...
- Age-related changes in delta 6 and delta 5 desaturase activities in rat liver microsomesC Maniongui
Unité de Recherche de Nutrition Cellulaire et Métabolique, Universite de Bourgogne, Dijon, France
Lipids 28:291-7. 1993..In particular, arachidonic acid content in old rats was slightly higher than in young rats whereas contents in linoleic and docosahexaenoic acids varied little throughout the life span.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Fatty acid composition of serum lipids predicts the development of the metabolic syndrome in menE Warensjo
Section of Clinical Nutrition Research, Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Uppsala University, P O Box 609, 751 25 Uppsala, Sweden
Diabetologia 48:1999-2005. 2005..It is not known whether alterations of fatty acid composition or desaturase activities predict metabolic syndrome...
- Identification of differential expression of genes in hepatocellular carcinoma by suppression subtractive hybridization combined cDNA microarrayYuefang Liu
Key Laboratory of Antibody Technique of Ministry of Health, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, PR China
Oncol Rep 18:943-51. 2007..ribosomal protein genes including RPL8, RPL14, RPL41, RPS5, RPS17, RPS24), the metabolism of lipids and proteins (FADS1, ApoA-II, ApoM, FTL), cell proliferation (Syndecan-2, and Annexin A2), and signal transduction (LRRC28 and FMR1)...
- Fatty acid desaturase regulation in adipose tissue by dietary composition is independent of weight loss and is correlated with the plasma triacylglycerol responseLara M Mangravite
Children s Hospital Oakland Research Institute, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 86:759-67. 2007..Atherogenic dyslipidemia associated with elevated plasma triacylglycerol concentrations and reduced HDL is improved by both caloric restriction and reduced carbohydrate consumption...
- Differences in serum phospholipid fatty acid compositions and estimated desaturase activities between Japanese men with and without metabolic syndromeChizuko Maruyama
Department of Food and Nutrition, Faculty of Home Economics, Japan Women s University, Tokyo, Japan
J Atheroscler Thromb 15:306-13. 2008..This study was designed to clarify differences in serum phospholipid fatty acid compositions and estimated desaturase activities between Japanese men with and without metabolic syndrome (MetS)...
- Novel fatty acid desaturase 3 (FADS3) transcripts generated by alternative splicingWoo Jung Park
Division of Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Gene 446:28-34. 2009b>Fatty acid desaturase 1 and 2 (FADS1 and FADS2) code for the key desaturase enzymes involved in the biosynthesis of long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids in mammals...
- Genetic variation of the FADS1 FADS2 gene cluster and n-6 PUFA composition in erythrocyte membranes in the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition-Potsdam studyVera Zietemann
Technische Universitat Munchen, Freising, Germany
Br J Nutr 104:1748-59. 2010..The goals were to evaluate the associations between variation in genes encoding these desaturases (FADS1 and FADS2) and blood concentrations of n-6 PUFA and estimated D5D and D6D activities (evaluated as product/..
- Genome-wide association study identifies novel loci associated with concentrations of four plasma phospholipid fatty acids in the de novo lipogenesis pathway: results from the Cohorts for Heart and Aging Research in Genomic Epidemiology (CHARGE) consortiuJason H Y Wu
Department of Epidemiology and Nutrition, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Genet 6:171-83. 2013..7×10(-11)) and lower 18:0 (P=2.2×10(-18)). FADS1 and FADS2 (desaturases) polymorphisms were associated with higher 16:1n-7 (P=6.6×10(-13)) and 18:1n-9 (P=2...
- Delta-6-desaturase gene polymorphism is associated with lipoprotein oxidation in vitroTiina Solakivi
Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Tampere Medical School, Tampere, Finland
Lipids Health Dis 12:80. 2013..To investigate the possible role of rs 3834458 in lipoprotein modification, oxidation of LDL with HDL₂ or HDL₃ were analyzed from plasma of 58 free-living individuals...
- Trans-vaccenate is Δ13-desaturated by FADS3 in rodentsVincent Rioux
Laboratoire de Biochimie Nutrition Humaine, Agrocampus Ouest Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique INRA USC2012, Rennes, France
J Lipid Res 54:3438-52. 2013..This gene is located within the FADS cluster and presents a high nucleotide sequence homology with FADS1 (Δ5-desaturase) and FADS2 (Δ6-desaturase)...
- Polymorphisms of rs174616 in the FADS1-FADS2 gene cluster is associated with a reduced risk of type 2 diabetes mellitus in northern Han Chinese peopleMin Yao
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Key Laboratory of Neural and Vascular Biology, China Administration of Education, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050017, China
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 109:206-12. 2015..Genetic variants of fatty acid desaturase (FADS) contribute to the variations of PUFA composition. Here we have explored whether similar correlations are also true among Chinese Han people...
- Gene Expression Signature in Adipose Tissue of Acromegaly PatientsIrit Hochberg
Institute of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Rambam Health Care Campus, Haifa, Israel Life Sciences Institute, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, United States of America
PLoS ONE 10:e0129359. 2015..Higher expression of TCF7L2 and the fatty acid desaturases FADS1, FADS2 and SCD could contribute to insulin resistance. Ceramides were not different between the two groups...
- Delta Np63 alpha – Responsive microRNA Modulate the Expression of Metabolic EnzymesEdward A Ratovitski
Head and Neck Cancer Research Division, Cancer Research Building II, 1550 Orleans Street, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 16:832-50. 2015..Finally, the modulation of specific targets (e.g., SREBF2, AKT2, G6PD, CPS1, FADS1, and ETNK1) using a combination of microRNA mimics and siRNA silencing has shown that a suppression of these ..
- Excess Linoleic Acid Increases Collagen I/III Ratio and "Stiffens" the Heart Muscle Following High Fat DietsJulianne Beam
From the Department of Biology, IK Barber School of Arts and Sciences, and
J Biol Chem 290:23371-84. 2015..LA to downstream PUFAs, reduced collagen deposits, LOX maturation, and activity with LA, whereas overexpressing fads1, unrelated to LA desaturation, did not...
- Maternal fatty acid desaturase genotype correlates with infant immune responses at 6 monthsMagdalena Muc
1Copenhagen Prospective Studies on Asthma in Childhood COPSAC, Herlev and Gentofte Hospital, University of Copenhagen, 2820 Gentofte, Denmark
Br J Nutr 114:891-8. 2015....
- Predicting fatty acid profiles in blood based on food intake and the FADS1 rs174546 SNPJacqueline Hallmann
ZIEL Research Center of Nutrition and Food Sciences, Biochemistry Unit, Technische Universitat Munchen, Munchen, Germany
Mol Nutr Food Res 59:2565-73. 2015A high intake of n-3 PUFA provides health benefits via changes in the n-6/n-3 ratio in blood. In addition to such dietary PUFAs, variants in the fatty acid desaturase 1 (FADS1) gene are also associated with altered PUFA profiles.
- A High-Fat, High-Oleic Diet, But Not a High-Fat, Saturated Diet, Reduces Hepatic α-Linolenic Acid and Eicosapentaenoic Acid Content in MiceMatthew J Picklo
USDA ARS Grand Forks Human Nutrition Research Center, 2420 2nd Avenue North, Grand Forks, ND, 58203 9034, USA
Lipids 51:537-47. 2016..Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA; 22:6n-3) content was elevated by the high SFA diet. Expression of Fads1 (Δ5 desaturase) and Fads2 (Δ6 desaturase) was elevated by the high MUFA and reduced by the high SFA diet...
- Positive Selection on a Regulatory Insertion-Deletion Polymorphism in FADS2 Influences Apparent Endogenous Synthesis of Arachidonic AcidKumar S D Kothapalli
Division of Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University
Mol Biol Evol 33:1726-39. 2016..The rs66698963 polymorphism, a 22-bp insertion-deletion within FADS2, is associated with basal FADS1 expression, and coordinated induction of FADS1 and FADS2 in vitro...
- A Novel Selective Inhibitor of Delta-5 Desaturase Lowers Insulin Resistance and Reduces Body Weight in Diet-Induced Obese C57BL/6J MiceHiroaki Yashiro
Pharmaceutical Research Division, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Kanagawa Japan
PLoS ONE 11:e0166198. 2016..Delta-5 desaturase (D5D) is an enzyme that metabolizes dihomo-γ-linolenic acid (DGLA) to arachidonic acid (AA)...
- Regulation of agonist-induced prostaglandin E1 versus prostaglandin E2 production. A mass analysisD Rubin
Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
J Biol Chem 266:23618-23. 1991....
- Incorporation of delta 5 desaturase substrate (dihomogammalinolenic acid, 20:3 n-6) and product (arachidonic acid 20:4 n-6) into rat liver cell nucleiA Ves Losada
Dto de Cs Biológicas, Facultad de Cs Exactas, UNLP, Argentina
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 59:39-47. 1998....
- Fatty acid delta(5)-desaturase mRNA is regulated by dietary vitamin A and exogenous retinoic acid in liver of adult ratsR Zolfaghari
Department of Nutrition, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 391:8-15. 2001Delta(5)-Desaturase (D5D) catalyzes the Delta(5,6) desaturation of dietary essential fatty acids of the n-6 and n-3 series...
- Quantitation of alpha-linolenic acid elongation to eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acid as affected by the ratio of n6/n3 fatty acidsKerstin Harnack
Deutsche Forschungsanstalt fur Lebensmittelchemie, Lichtenbergstrasse 4, 85748 Garching, Germany
Nutr Metab (Lond) 6:8. 2009..Conversion of linoleic acid (LA) and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) to their higher chain homologues in humans depends on the ratio of ingested n6 and n3 fatty acids...
- Mitochondrial localization of human FAD synthetase isoform 1Enza Maria Torchetti
Dipartimento di Biochimica e Biologia Molecolare E Quagliariello, Universita degli Studi di Bari, Via Orabona 4, I 70126 Bari, Italy
Mitochondrion 10:263-73. 2010..Immunofluorescence confocal microscopy performed on BHK-21 and Caco-2 cell lines transiently expressing the two human isoforms, definitively confirmed that hFADS1, but not hFADS2, localizes in mitochondria...
- mRNA abundance and expression of SLC27A, ACC, SCD, FADS, LPIN, INSIG, and PPARGC1 gene isoforms in mouse mammary glands during the lactation cycleL Q Han
College of Animal Science and Veterinary Medicine, Henan Agricultural University, Zhengzhou, China
Genet Mol Res 9:1250-7. 2010..SLC27A1-6), acetyl-CoA carboxylase (ACACA, ACACB), stearoyl-CoA desaturase (SCD1-4), fatty acid desaturase (FADS1-3), LPIN (LPIN1-3), insulin-induced gene (INSIG1, 2), and peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma ..
- Peroxisomal and microsomal lipid pathways associated with resistance to hepatic steatosis and reduced pro-inflammatory stateDiana Hall
Department of Physiology and Center for Integrative Genomics, University of Lausanne, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 285:31011-23. 2010..peroxisome biogenesis and β-oxidation; (ii) an increased expression of the elongase Elovl5 and desaturases Fads1 and Fads2...
- Effects of 34 risk loci for type 2 diabetes or hyperglycemia on lipoprotein subclasses and their composition in 6,580 nondiabetic Finnish menAlena Stancakova
Department of Medicine, University of Eastern Finland and Kuopio University Hospital, Kuopio, Finland
Diabetes 60:1608-16. 2011..We investigated the effects of 34 genetic risk variants for hyperglycemia/type 2 diabetes on lipoprotein subclasses and particle composition in a large population-based cohort...
- Genome-wide association study identifies novel loci associated with circulating phospho- and sphingolipid concentrationsAyse Demirkan
Genetic Epidemiology Unit, Department of Epidemiology, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS Genet 8:e1002490. 2012..Among those, 14 loci (KCNH7, AGPAT1, PNLIPRP2, SYT9, FADS1-2-3, DLG2, APOA1, ELOVL2, CDK17, LIPC, PDXDC1, PLD2, LASS4, and APOE) mapped into the glycerophospholipid and 12 ..
- Insertion-deletions in a FADS2 intron 1 conserved regulatory locus control expression of fatty acid desaturases 1 and 2 and modulate response to simvastatinHolly T Reardon
Division of Nutritional Sciences, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 87:25-33. 2012The fatty acid desaturase genes (FADS1 and FADS2) code for enzymes required for synthesis of omega-3 and omega-6 long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (LCPUFA) important in the central nervous system, inflammatory response, and ..
- Effects of genetic variants previously associated with fasting glucose and insulin in the Diabetes Prevention ProgramJose C Florez
Center for Human Genetic Research and Diabetes Research Center, Diabetes Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e44424. 2012..reported polymorphisms (or their proxies) in/near G6PC2, MTNR1B, GCK, DGKB, GCKR, ADCY5, MADD, CRY2, ADRA2A, FADS1, PROX1, SLC2A2, GLIS3, C2CD4B, IGF1, and IRS1 in 3,548 Diabetes Prevention Program participants...
- More targets, more pathways and more clues for mutant p53S Garritano
Department of Biology, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Oncogenesis 2:e54. 2013..Novel p53 candidate target genes were also identified, including ARID3B, ARNT2, CLMN, FADS1, FTH1, KPNA2, LPHN2, PARD6B, PDE4C, PIAS2, PRPF40A, PYGL and RHOBTB2, involved in the metabolism, xenobiotic ..
- Altered DNA methylation and differential expression of genes influencing metabolism and inflammation in adipose tissue from subjects with type 2 diabetesEmma Nilsson
Epigenetics and Diabetes, Department of Clinical Sciences, Lund University Diabetes Centre, Lund University, Clinical Research Centre, Malmo, Sweden Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen, Denmark
Diabetes 63:2962-76. 2014..The most differentially expressed genes included ELOVL6, GYS2, FADS1, SPP1 (OPN), CCL18, and IL1RN...
- Fatty acid desaturase 1 gene polymorphisms control human hepatic lipid compositionLibo Wang
Department of Statistics, College of Science Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
Hepatology 61:119-28. 2015..The potential function of these SNPs in regulating transcription of three FADS genes (FADS1, FADS2, and FADS3) in the locus was also investigated...
- Nutrigenomic and Nutritional Analyses Reveal the Effects of Pelleted Feeds on Asian Seabass (Lates calcarifer)Si Yan Ngoh
Reproductive Genomics Group, Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory, 1 Research Link, National University of Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
PLoS ONE 10:e0145456. 2015..Reduced goblet cell numbers were observed in the gut of pellet-fed fish compared to controls and fads6 was found to be a suitable candidate gene to separate wild-caught Asian seabass, from pellet-fed ones...
- Red Blood Cell Fatty Acids and Incident Diabetes Mellitus in the Women's Health Initiative Memory StudyWilliam S Harris
Department of Internal Medicine, Sanford School of Medicine, University of South Dakota, and OmegaQuant Analytics, LLC, Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0147894. 2016..with the marine omega-3 fatty acids and linoleic acid, and with a marker of fatty acid desaturase activity delta-5 desaturase (D5D ratio) have been reported, as have adverse relations with saturated fatty acids and D6D ratio.
- [Association between FADS1 rs174537 polymorphism and serum proteins in patients with aggressive periodontitis]Wen li Song
Department of Periodontology, Peking University School and Hospital of Stomatology, Beijing 100081, China
Beijing Da Xue Xue Bao 48:10-5. 2016To investigate the potential association between FADS1 rs174537 polymorphism and serum proteins in patients with aggressive periodontitis, which may provide benefits for diagnosis and treatment of aggressive periodontitis.
- Reduced Expression of FADS1 Predicts Worse Prognosis in Non-Small-Cell Lung CancerDong Wang
1 Department of Thoracic Surgery, Affiliated Hospital of Qingdao University, Qingdao 266000, P R China
J Cancer 7:1226-32. 2016b>Fatty acid desaturase 1 is a member of the fatty acid desaturase, which is related to a number of diseases. However, its role in cancers remains unclear...
- Harvey J Murff; Fiscal Year: 2014..up to 28% of the additive variance in tissue levels of ARA is explained by variants in a single gene, fatty acid desaturase 1 (FADS1)...
- JAMES T BRENNA; Fiscal Year: 2016..LCPUFA biosynthesis is limited by desaturase activity encoded by the fatty acid desaturase gene cluster (FADS1-3, 11q12-13.1)...
- BENJAMIN ALEXANDER RABY; Fiscal Year: 2015..the chromosome 17q locus (that includes the genes ZPBP2, GSDMB and ORMDL3);the Fatty Acid Desaturase locus (FADS1 &FADS2);the N-acetyl galactosaminidase (NAGA) locus, and the factor XIII A subunit (F13A1) locus...
- LINOLEIC ACID METABOLISM AND COLON CARCINOGENESISImad Shureiqi; Fiscal Year: 2005..This work will set the stage for future animals and clinical studies of LA alternative pathway modulation as means of colon cancer chemoprevention. ..
- Genetic Predictors of Comorbid Depressive Symptoms + CADJeanne McCaffery; Fiscal Year: 2005..platelet aggregation; and 3) the genes that code for delta-6 desaturase (FADS2) and delta-5 desaturase (FADS1), essential to omega-3 fatty acid metabolism...
- Prostate Cancer: A Mouse Model Testing 15-Lipoxygenase-1Uddhav Kelavkar; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- LCPUFA Status and Birth Outcome in IndiaJAMES BRENNA; Fiscal Year: 2007..Positive results would justify an intervention studies to include LCPUFA in the diets of pregnant women in developed and developing countries. ..
- Gas phase derivatization for lipidomic MS analysisJAMES BRENNA; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Lipidomics Session ISSFAL 2006JAMES BRENNA; Fiscal Year: 2006..ISSFAL 2006 is expected to be among the most important international lipid metabolism conferences of the year, and a lipidomics symposium is timely given the increasing progress in this area. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- PRECISE ISOTOPE RATIO CHROMATOGRAPHY AND STABLE TRACERSJAMES BRENNA; Fiscal Year: 2004..The successful accomplishment of these plans will yield new tools and experimental approaches for investigation of the impact of developmental factors and recent physiological history on development of chronic disease. ..
- DIETARY ESSENTIAL FATTY ACID ACCUMULATION IN RETINAJAMES BRENNA; Fiscal Year: 2002..Sub-normal development will be directly revealed via functional tests to assess the impact of low omega-3 fatty acid status on develop of vision acid status on development of vision and related health parameters. ..
- WEIGHT LOSS IN OBESE BREAST CANCER SURVIVORSZora Djuric; Fiscal Year: 2002..This study should be useful to determine certain psychosocial are associated with extent of weight loss, and in turn whether weight loss is associated with changes in selected markers of breast cancer risk. ..
- DIETARY INTERVENTION--WOMEN HIGH RISK FOR BREAST CANCERZora Djuric; Fiscal Year: 2002..The use of biomarkers will allow to evaluate the cancer-protective effects of dietary modulation over a relatively short period of time. ..
- Genetic variation in drug targets for type 2 diabetesJose Florez; Fiscal Year: 2008..This proposal should serve as the foundation for a large pharmacogenomics trial designed to evaluate the feasibility of genetically-tailored therapy in T2DM. ..
- Pharmacogenetics of the acute response to sulfonylurea and metformin treatment inJose Florez; Fiscal Year: 2008..In addition, this pilot study will lay the groundwork for a long-term, outcomes-based pharmacogenetic clinical trial. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Omega-3 Fatty Acid Deficient Rat Model of SchizophreniaRobert McNamara; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Brain Fatty Acid Composition and PKC ActivityRobert McNamara; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed experiments are innovative and exploratory in that the effect of altered DHA concentrations on PKC and dopamine D2 receptor expression have not been systematically examined in brain. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- DIETARY FAT REGULATION OF HEPATIC GENE EXPRESSIONDONALD JUMP; Fiscal Year: 2009..Determine how over expression of specific fatty acid elongases affects hepatic function, blood lipid composition and the onset of chronic disease. ..