Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FGB
Description: fibrinogen beta chain
Alias: HEL-S-78p, fibrinogen beta chain, beta-fibrinogen, epididymis secretory sperm binding protein Li 78p, fibrinogen, B beta polypeptide
Publications213 found, 100 shown here
- Isolation and characterization of a neuropathogenic simian immunodeficiency virus derived from a sooty mangabeyF J Novembre
Divisions of Microbiology and Immunology, Yerkes Regional Primate Research Center, School of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Virol 72:8841-51. 1998..a simian immunodeficiency virus (SIV)- and simian T-cell lymphotropic virus-infected sooty mangabey (designated FGb) to rhesus and pig-tailed macaques resulted in the development of neurologic disease in addition to AIDS...
- Computerized axiography in TMD patients before and after therapy with 'function generating bites'M G Piancino
Chair Department of Orthodontics and Gnathology Masticatory Function, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
J Oral Rehabil 35:88-94. 2008..disorders (TMD) before and after therapy with the functional appliances of the 'function generating bite' (FGB) type...
- Associations between common fibrinogen gene polymorphisms and cardiovascular disease in older adults. The Cardiovascular Health StudyCara L Carty
Cardiovascular Health Research Unit, Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, 1760 Minor Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Thromb Haemost 99:388-95. 2008..We investigated whether common (> or = 5% minor allele frequency) variation in the fibrinogen genes (FGA, FGB, FGG) is associated with fibrinogen concentration, carotid artery intima-medial thickness (IMT) and risk of ..
- Oncostatin M pathway plays a major role in the renal acute phase responseValerie A Luyckx
HMRC 260, Univ of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada T6G 2S2
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 296:F875-83. 2009..OSM, OSMR, and fibrinogen beta (FGB) were progressively more highly expressed from prenephrectomy, living donor, deceased donor, to discarded donor ..
- Regulation of the pp72syk protein tyrosine kinase by platelet integrin alpha IIb beta 3J Gao
Department of Vascular Biology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
EMBO J 16:6414-25. 1997..Furthermore, there are fundamental differences in the activation of Syk by alpha IIb beta 3 and immune response receptors, suggesting a unique role for integrins in Syk function...
- The role of betagamma and alphagamma complexes in the assembly of human fibrinogenS Huang
Department of Biochemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 7350, USA
J Biol Chem 271:27942-7. 1996..These data strongly support the role of alphagamma and betagamma complexes as functional intermediates in the assembly of fibrinogen...
- Fibrinogen biosynthesis. Assembly, intracellular degradation, and association with lipid synthesis and secretionC M Redman
Lindsley F Kimball Research Institute, New York Blood Center, 310 East 67 Street, New York, NY 10021, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 936:480-95. 2001..In HepG2 cells, a feedback mechanism exists and extracellular sterols specifically downregulate expression of the three fibrinogen genes. These studies link, at the cellular level, basal fibrinogen expression with lipid metabolism...
- Mutation in the promoter region of the beta-fibrinogen gene and the risk of future myocardial infarction, stroke and venous thrombosisG J Blake
The Center for Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Eur Heart J 22:2262-6. 2001..We investigated whether the distribution of the C148T polymorphism is associated with an increase in cardiovascular risk...
- Fibrinogen gene promoter -455 A allele as a risk factor for lacunar strokeM Martiskainen
Department of Forensic Medicine, University of Tampere, Finland
Stroke 34:886-91. 2003..Carriers of the A allele of the fibrinogen -455G/A polymorphism have increased plasma fibrinogen levels. We studied the association of this polymorphism with stroke subtype in the Stroke Aging Memory (SAM) cohort...
- Plasma fibrinogen concentration predicts the risk of myocardial infarction differently in various parts of Europe: effects of beta-fibrinogen genotype and environmental factors. The HIFMECH StudyMaria Nastase Mannila
Atherosclerosis Research Unit, King Gustaf V Research Institute, Karolinska University Hospital, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Thromb Haemost 92:1240-9. 2004..7%). Thus, plasma fibrinogen concentration contributes differently to MI across Europe, and a disease-related stimulus is required to evoke allele-specific regulation of fibrinogen synthesis...
- Contribution of haplotypes across the fibrinogen gene cluster to variation in risk of myocardial infarctionMaria Nastase Mannila
Atherosclerosis Research Unit, Karolinska Institutet, King Gustaf V Research Institute, Karolinska University Hospital, Solna, Stockholm, Sweden
Thromb Haemost 93:570-7. 2005..Candidate regions in the fibrinogen gamma (FGG), alpha (FGA) and beta (FGB) genes were screened for single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs)...
- Genetic variation in the fibrinogen gamma gene increases the risk for deep venous thrombosis by reducing plasma fibrinogen gamma' levelsShirley Uitte de Willige
Hemostasis and Thrombosis Research Center, Department of Hematology C2 R, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, 2333 ZA, Leiden, The Netherlands
Blood 106:4176-83. 2005We investigated the association between haplotypes of fibrinogen alpha (FGA), beta (FGB), and gamma (FGG), total fibrinogen levels, fibrinogen gamma' (gammaA/gamma' plus gamma'/gamma') levels, and risk for deep venous thrombosis...
- Epistatic and pleiotropic effects of polymorphisms in the fibrinogen and coagulation factor XIII genes on plasma fibrinogen concentration, fibrin gel structure and risk of myocardial infarctionMaria Nastase Mannila
King Gustaf V Research Institute, Karolinska University Hospital Solna, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Thromb Haemost 95:420-7. 2006An intricate interplay between the genes encoding fibrinogen gamma (FGG), alpha (FGA) and beta (FGB), coagulation factor XIII (F13A1) and interleukin 6 (IL6) and environmental factors is likely to influence plasma fibrinogen ..
- Association between patterns of nucleotide variation across the three fibrinogen genes and plasma fibrinogen levels: the Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults (CARDIA) studyA P Reiner
Departments of Epidemiology and Genome Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98101 1448, USA
J Thromb Haemost 4:1279-87. 2006Previous genotype-phenotype association studies of fibrinogen have been limited by incomplete knowledge of genomic sequence variation within and between major ethnic groups in FGB, FGA, and FGG.
- Fibrinogen genes and myocardial infarction: a haplotype analysisWerner Koch
Deutsches Herzzentrum München and 1 Medizinische Klinik, Klinikum rechts der Isar, Munich, Germany
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:758-63. 2008..We examined the association of haplotypes in the 50-kb fibrinogen gene region with myocardial infarction in 2 large case-control samples...
- Meta-analysis of genetic studies from journals published in China of ischemic stroke in the Han Chinese populationXiaowei Xu
Department of Neurology, First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Cerebrovasc Dis 26:48-62. 2008..The aim of this study was to confirm the nature and number of genes contributing to stroke risk and qualify the genetic risk of each susceptibility gene in the Han Chinese population...
- Common genetic polymorphisms and haplotypes of fibrinogen alpha, beta, and gamma chains affect fibrinogen levels and the response to proinflammatory stimulation in myocardial infarction survivors: the AIRGENE studyBenedicte Jacquemin
Centre for Environmental Research, Municipal Institute of Medical Research, Barcelona, Spain
J Am Coll Cardiol 52:941-52. 2008..nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) and haplotypes of the fibrinogen gene-cluster (fibrinogen chains alpha [FGA], beta [FGB], and gamma [FGG]) could explain the inter- and intraindividual variability of fibrinogen levels in patients with ..
- Fibrinogen genes modify the fibrinogen response to ambient particulate matterAnnette Peters
Helmholtz Zentrum Munchen, German Research Center for Environmental Health, Institute of Epidemiology, Ingolstaedter Landstrasse, Neuherberg 85764, Germany
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 179:484-91. 2009..Ambient particulate matter has been associated with systemic inflammation indicated by blood markers such as fibrinogen, implicated in promoting atherothrombosis...
- G-455A polymorphism of beta-fibrinogen gene and the risk of premature myocardial infarction in GreeceLoukianos S Rallidis
Second Department of Cardiology, Attikon Hospital, School of Medicine, University of Athens, Greece
Thromb Res 125:34-7. 2010..We examined whether the G-455A polymorphism of beta-fibrinogen gene is associated with the development of MI< or =35 years of age...
- Association between -455G/A and fibrinogen in a Chinese populationAijun Sun
Shanghai Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Cardiology, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
Acta Cardiol 64:357-61. 2009..The aim of the study was to evaluate the association between beta-fibrinogen gene -455G/A polymorphism and the plasma fibrinogen level in Chinese patients with different subtypes of coronary heart disease (CHD)...
- Higher fibrinogen levels predict progression of coronary artery calcification in adults with type 1 diabetesT C Rodrigues
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado Denver, Health Sciences Center, Aurora CO 80045, USA
Atherosclerosis 210:671-3. 2010..To determine whether fibrinogen levels predict independently progression of coronary artery calcification (CAC) in adults with type 1 diabetes...
- Signaling through platelet integrin alpha IIb beta 3: inside-out, outside-in, and sidewaysS J Shattil
Department of Vascular Biology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Thromb Haemost 82:318-25. 1999
- Ethnic differences in fibrinogen levels: the role of environmental factors and the beta-fibrinogen geneD G Cook
Department of Public Health Sciences, St George s Hospital Medical School, London
Am J Epidemiol 153:799-806. 2001..14 g/liter (95% CI: 0.02, 0.26 g/liter) in women and 0.15 g/liter (95% CI: 0.03, 0.27 g/liter) in men. Low fibrinogen levels in Blacks may partly explain their lower risk of ischemic heart disease in the United KINGDOM:..
- A hepatocyte nuclear factor-3 site in the fibrinogen beta promoter is important for interleukin 6-induced expression, and its activity is influenced by the adjacent -148C/T polymorphismMaartje Verschuur
Hemostasis and Thrombosis Research Center, Department of Hematology, Leiden University Medical Center, P O Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, Gaubius Laboratory, TNO Quality of Life, P O Box 2215, 2301 CE Leiden, The Netherlands
J Biol Chem 280:16763-71. 2005....
- Manipulating the quality control pathway in transfected cells: low temperature allows rescue of secretion-defective fibrinogen mutantsDung Vu
Department of Genetic Medicine and Development, University Medical Center, Geneva, Switzerland
Haematologica 93:224-31. 2008..Bbeta and gamma. The disease is caused by mutations in one of the three fibrinogen-encoding genes, FGA, FGB and FGG. Among these, several mutations have been reported to specifically impair fibrinogen secretion...
- Regulation of fibrinogen production by microRNAsAlexandre Fort
Department of Genetic Medicine and Development, University of Geneva Faculty of Medicine, Geneva, Switzerland
Blood 116:2608-15. 2010..Overexpression of hsa-miR-29 members led to decreased steady-state levels of all fibrinogen gene (FGA, FGB, and FGG) transcripts in HuH7 cells...
- Expression and analysis of a split premature termination codon in FGG responsible for congenital afibrinogenemia: escape from RNA surveillance mechanisms in transfected cellsMarguerite Neerman-Arbez
Department of Genetic Medicine and Development, University Medical School, Geneva, Switzerland
Blood 104:3618-23. 2004..The disease is caused by mutations in 1 of the 3 fibrinogen genes FGG, FGA, and FGB, clustered on the long arm of human chromosome 4...
- A novel frameshift mutation in FGA accounting for congenital afibrinogenemia predicted to encode an aberrant peptide terminating 158 amino acids downstreamH Robert-Ebadi
Division of Angiology and Hemostasis, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 20:385-7. 2009..genes, most of them in the fibrinogen A alpha-chain gene (FGA), but also in the fibrinogen B beta-chain gene (FGB) and the fibrinogen gamma-chain gene (FGG). We report here a novel frameshift mutation (p...
- Molecular characterization of the first missense mutation in the fibrinogen Aalpha-chain gene identified in a compound heterozygous afibrinogenemic patientManuela Platè
Department of Biology and Genetics for Medical Sciences, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1772:781-7. 2007..autosomal recessive trait and is invariantly associated with mutations affecting 1 of the 3 fibrinogen genes (FGA, FGB, and FGG, coding for Aalpha, Bbeta, and gamma chain, respectively)...
- Molecular mechanisms accounting for fibrinogen deficiency: from large deletions to intracellular retention of misfolded proteinsD Vu
Department of Genetic Medicine and Development, University Medical School, Geneva, Switzerland
J Thromb Haemost 5:125-31. 2007..Each polypeptide is encoded by a distinct gene, FGA, FGB and FGG, all three clustered in a region of 50 kb on 4q32...
- Recurrence of the 'deep-intronic' FGG IVS6-320A>T mutation causing quantitative fibrinogen deficiency in the Italian population of VenetoManuela Platè
Department of Biology and Genetics for Medical Sciences, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 20:381-4. 2009..low levels of fibrinogen in plasma, generally due to mutations in one of the three fibrinogen genes: FGA, FGB, and FGG, coding for A alpha, B beta, and gamma chain, respectively...
- Fibrinogen gene mutations accounting for congenital afibrinogenemiaM Neerman-Arbez
Division of Medical Genetics, University Medical School, Geneva, Switzerland
Ann N Y Acad Sci 936:496-508. 2001..Other studies identified one further FGA nonsense mutation, two FGB missense mutations, and one FGG nonsense mutation, all in homozygosity in a single patient...
- Mutational screening of six afibrinogenemic patients: identification and characterization of four novel molecular defectsLuca Monaldini
Department of Biology and Genetics for Medical Sciences, University of Milan, Via Viotti, Milan, Italy
Thromb Haemost 97:546-51. 2007..1:1,000,000) and is invariantly associated with mutations affecting one of the three fibrinogen genes (FGA, FGB, and FGG, coding for Aalpha, Bbeta, and gamma chain, respectively)...
- Rare inherited disorders of fibrinogenS S Acharya
Department of Pediatrics, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY 10021, USA
Haemophilia 14:1151-8. 2008Fibrinogen, a hexameric glycoprotein encoded by three genes - FGA, FGB, FGG - clustered on chromosome 4q is involved in the final steps of coagulation as a precursor of fibrin monomers required for the formation of the haemostatic plug...
- Mutations in the fibrinogen aalpha gene account for the majority of cases of congenital afibrinogenemiaM Neerman-Arbez
Division of Medical Genetics, University Medical School and University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Blood 96:149-52. 2000..Consequently, 86% of afibrinogenemia alleles analyzed to date have truncating mutations of FGA, though mutations in all 3 fibrinogen genes, FGG, FGA, and FGB, might be predicted to cause congenital afibrinogenemia.
- Molecular analysis of the fibrinogen gene cluster in 16 patients with congenital afibrinogenemia: novel truncating mutations in the FGA and FGG genesM Neerman-Arbez
Centre Medical Universitaire, Geneva, Switzerland
Hum Genet 108:237-40. 2001..unrelated patients with mutations in FGA, confirming the relative importance of this gene compared with FGG and FGB in the molecular aetiology of afibrinogenemia. Three other patients were homozygous for mutations in FGG...
- Molecular basis of fibrinogen deficiencyMarguerite Neerman-Arbez
Department of Genetic Medicine and Development, University Medical School and Division of Angiology and Haemostasis, University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
Pathophysiol Haemost Thromb 35:187-98. 2006..All are due to mutations in one of the three fibrinogen genes, FGA, FGB and FGG, which are clustered in a region of 50 kb on the long arm of human chromosome 4...
- Congenital hypofibrinogenemia: characterization of two missense mutations affecting fibrinogen assembly and secretionManuela Platè
Department of Biology and Genetics for Medical Sciences, University of Milan, Via Viotti, 3 5 20133 Milan, Italy
Blood Cells Mol Dis 41:292-7. 2008..levels of fibrinogen in plasma, generally due to heterozygous mutations in one of the three fibrinogen genes (FGA, FGB, and FGG, coding for Aalpha, Bbeta, and gamma chain, respectively)...
- [The effect of MyoD family proteins on muscular atrophy induced by brachial plexus injury in rats]Zhaohui Wu
Department of Pathophysiology, Medical Center of Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 82:561-3. 2002..To study the changes of MyoD/myogenin expression in atrophic muscle after injury of brachial plexus among rats and to explore the role of proteins of MyoD family in denervation-induced muscular atrophy...
- Protein-expression profiles in mouse blood-plasma following acute whole-body exposure to (137)Cs gamma raysKanokporn Noy Rithidech
Pathology Department, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York 11794 8691, USA
Int J Radiat Biol 85:432-47. 2009..To compare the pattern of protein-expression profiles in blood-plasma after exposure of CBA/CaJ mice to 0 or 3 Gy of (137)Cs gamma rays...
- "Closing volume" during high-frequency ventilation in anesthetized dogsT Hachenberg
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, FRG
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 32:140-6. 1988..Two different tests for CV were used: the foreign gas bolus (FGB) with helium as nonresident gas and the single breath nitrogen dilution technique (SBO2)...
- Characterization of neutralizing epitopes within the major capsid protein of human papillomavirus type 33Stefanie D Roth
Institute for Medical Microbiology, Johannes Gutenberg University 55101 Mainz, Germany
Virol J 3:83. 2006....
- Association of citrullinated proteins with synovial exosomesK Skriner
Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany
Arthritis Rheum 54:3809-14. 2006..The aim of this study was to identify the nature of synovial exosomes from patients with different rheumatic diseases and to examine their potential autoantigenic content, which may be involved in the induction of an autoimmune response...
- "Heparinization" and hyperfibrinogenolysis by wasp stingCristina Lombardini
Service of Intensive Care, Department of Anesthesiology, Pharmacology and Intensive Care, University Hospitals of Geneva, 1211 Geneva, Switzerland
Am J Emerg Med 27:1176.e1-3. 2009..This results in the removal of the thrombin cleavage site and of the critical polymerization site from the fibrinogen beta chain. Thrombin- initiated clot formation is therefore inhibited...
- Bioengineering a humanized acne microenvironment model: proteomics analysis of host responses to Propionibacterium acnes infection in vivoTeruaki Nakatsuji
Department of Medicine, Division of Dermatology, University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Proteomics 8:3406-15. 2008..After P. acnes infection, four proteins including fibrinogen, alpha polypeptide, fibrinogen beta chain, S100A9, and serine protease inhibitor A3K showed altered concentrations in the mimicked acne ..
- An association of candidate gene haplotypes and bleeding severity in von Willebrand disease type 2A, 2B, and 2M pedigreesT J Kunicki
Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Division of Experimental Hemostasis and Thrombosis, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Thromb Haemost 4:137-47. 2006..01). The major haplotypes of seven other candidate genes, GP1BA, ITGA2B, ITGB3, GP6, VWF, FGB, and IL6, were not associated with bleeding severity...
- Cell type-specific differential induction of the human gamma-fibrinogen promoter by interleukin-6Hai Ou Duan
Department of Medicine Hematology Oncology Division, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 281:12451-7. 2006..response, interleukin-6 (IL-6) and glucocorticoids up-regulate expression of the three fibrinogen (FBG) genes (fga, fgb, and fgg) in liver and lung epithelium; however, little constitutive lung expression occurs...
- The action of MBL-associated serine protease 1 (MASP1) on factor XIII and fibrinogenAnders Krarup
MRC Immunochemistry Unit, Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3QU, United Kingdom
Biochim Biophys Acta 1784:1294-300. 2008..Nevertheless, rMASP1 can drive the formation of cross-linked fibrinogen. Since MASP1 is activated on contact of MBL or the ficolins with microorganisms, fibrinogen and factor XIII may be involved in the elimination of invading pathogens...
- [Differentially expressed protein study on unstable angina blood-stasis syndrome by fluorescence labelling method]Hui Hui Zhao
Beijing University of Chinese Medicine, Beijing 100029, China
Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi 29:1647-50. 2009..Blood-stasis syndrome. Results show that fibrinogen beta chain, fibrinogen gamma chain, alpha1-antitrypsin, haptoglobin beta chain and haptoglobin alpha2 chain were ..
- [Molecular biology of haemostasis: fibrinogen, factor XIII]M Meyer
Fachbereich Medizintechnik, Fachhochschule Jena, Carl Zeiss Promenade 2, 07745 Jena
Hamostaseologie 24:108-15. 2004Genetic defects of fibrinogen are caused by a broad spectrum of mutations in one of the three structural genes FGA, FGB and FGG...
- Principal component analysis of vertical ground reaction force: a powerful method to discriminate normal and abnormal gait and assess treatmentA M S Muniz
Biomed Eng Program, Fed Univ of Rio de Janeiro
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 1:2683-6. 2006..group (CG) of 25 normal and a group (FG) of six patients with lower limb fractures, which was considered before (FGB) and after (FGA) a treadmill physiotherapeutic treatment...
- [Inherited dysfibrinogenemia caused by Arg16His mutation in alpha chain of fibrinogen.]Xiao juan Zhao
Jiangsu Institute of Hematology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Soochow University, Key Laboratory of Thrombosis and Hemostasis of Ministry of Health, Suzhou 215006, China
Zhonghua Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 31:154-6. 2010..To analyze the phenotype and genotype of a family with inherited dysfibrinogenemia...
- Synteny mapping in the bovine: genes from human chromosome 4N Zhang
Department of Veterinary Pathology, Texas A and M University, College Station 77843
Genomics 14:131-6. 1992..IL-2, FGB, FGG, and F11, which also reside on MMU3, were assigned to bovine syntenic group U23...
- Ex vivo shear bond strength of fibreglass reinforced aesthetic bracketsV Crow
Orthodontic Department, Royal London Hospital, London, UK
Br J Orthod 22:325-30. 1995..05). Ceramic brackets bonded with two-mix and no-mix composite demonstrated a 30 and a 10 percent enamel fracture rate, respectively. There were no enamel or bracket fractures in any of the FGB groups.
- Identification of immune responsible fibrinogen beta chain in the liver of large yellow croaker using a modified annealing control primer systemF J Xie
The Key Laboratory of Science and Technology for Aquaculture and Food Safety, Fisheries College, Jimei University, Xiamen, Fujian 361021, China
Fish Shellfish Immunol 27:202-9. 2009..One of the genes we identified encodes for a fibrinogen beta chain (FGB)...
- Liposome transduction into cells enhanced by haptotactic peptides (Haptides) homologous to fibrinogen C-terminiRaphael Gorodetsky
Laboratory of Radiobiology and Biotechnology, Sharett Institute of Oncology, Hadassah University Hospital, P O B 12000, Jerusalem 91120, Israel
J Control Release 95:477-88. 2004Haptides are 19-21mer cell-binding peptides equivalent to sequences on the C-termini of fibrinogen beta chain (Cbeta), gamma chain (preCgamma) and the extended alphaE chain of fibrinogen (CalphaE)...
- Molecular genetics of quantitative fibrinogen disordersR Asselta
Department of Biology and Genetics for Medical Sciences, University of Milan, Via Viotti, 3 5 20133 Milano, Italy
Cardiovasc Hematol Agents Med Chem 5:163-73. 2007..Three genes (FGA, FGB, and FGG) clustered on chromosome 4q31.3-4q32...
- Glycaemic and insulinaemic responses to mechanical or thermal processed barley in horsesI Vervuert
Institute for Animal Nutrition, Nutrition Diseases and Dietetics, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 91:263-8. 2007..Six horses were fed in random order: whole (WB), finely ground (FGB), steamed (SB), steam-flaked (SFB) and popped barley (PB)...
- Early treatment with "function generating bite" of a left unillateral posterior cross-bite: chewing pattern before and after therapy with FGBMaria Grazia Piancino
University of Turin, School of Orthodontics, University of Turin
Int J Orthod Milwaukee 18:33-8. 2007..canine to the second deciduous molar, corrected with the functional appliance "Function Generating Bite" (FGB) is reported. The chewing cycles were recorded before and 6 months after correction...
- Discovery of a novel series of biphenyl benzoic acid derivatives as highly potent and selective human beta3 adrenergic receptor agonists with good oral bioavailability. Part IIMasashi Imanishi
Chemistry Research Laboratories, Astellas Pharma Inc, 21 Miyukigaoka, Tsukuba shi, Ibaraki 305 8585, Japan
J Med Chem 51:4002-20. 2008The left-hand side (LHS) and central part of our first generation biphenyl (FGB) series was modified to improve in vitro and in vivo beta3-AR potency without loss of oral bioavailability...
- beta-Fibrinogen Gene -455 G/A Polymorphism in Korean Ischemic Stroke PatientsSeung Han Lee
Department of Neurology, Chonnam National University Medical School, Gwangju, Korea
J Clin Neurol 4:17-22. 2008We investigated the relationship between the beta-fibrinogen gene (FGB) -455 G/A polymorphism and plasma fibrinogen levels in Korean ischemic stroke patients...
- In vitro transcription of compound heterozygous hypofibrinogenemia Matsumoto IX; first identification of FGB IVS6 deletion of 4 nucleotides and FGG IVS3-2A>G causing abnormal RNA splicingFumiko Terasawa
Department of Biomedical Laboratory Sciences, School of Health Sciences, Shinshu University, 3 1 1 Asahi, Matsumoto, 390 8621, Japan
Clin Chim Acta 411:1325-9. 2010..a case of hypofibrinogenemia Matsumoto IX (M IX) caused by a novel compound heterozygous mutation involving an FGB IVS6 deletion of 4 nucleotides (Delta4b) (three T, one G; between FGB IVS6-10 and -16) and FGG IVS3-2A/G, which are ..
- The fibrinogen gamma 10034C>T polymorphism is not associated with Peripheral Arterial DiseaseBabak Bahadori
State Clinic St Poelten, Department of Internal Medicine 2, St Poelten, Austria
Thromb Res 126:350-2. 2010..pairs of non-identical polypeptide chains, encoded by different genes (fibrinogen alpha [FGA], fibrinogen beta [FGB] and fibrinogen gamma [FGG])...
- Sheep mast cell proteinase-1: characterization as a member of a new class of dual-specific ruminant chymasesA D Pemberton
Department of Veterinary Clinical Studies, Royal Dick School of Veterinary Studies, University of Edinburgh, Roslin, Scotland, U K
Biochem J 321:665-70. 1997..It is proposed that SMCP-1 and duodenase represent a new class of ruminant chymases with unusual dual specificities...
- Genetic polymorphisms for the study of multifactorial strokeA Bersano
Dipartimento di Scienze Neurologiche, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, Istituto di Ricerca e Cura a Carattere Scientifico IRCCS, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milano, Italy
Hum Mutat 29:776-95. 2008..We evaluated a number of studies on several candidate genes (including F5, F2, FGA/FGB/FGG, F7, F13A1, vWF, F12, SERPINE1, ITGB3/PLA1/PLA2/ITGA2B, ITGA2, GP1BA, ACE, AGT, NOS3, APOE, LPL, PON1, PDE4D, ..
- A field synopsis and meta-analysis of genetic association studies in peripheral arterial disease: The CUMAGAS-PAD databaseElias Zintzaras
Department of Biomathematics, University of Thessaly, Larissa, Greece
Am J Epidemiol 170:1-11. 2009..Twenty-three polymorphisms in 22 potential PAD candidate genes (F2, FGB, MTHFR, ITGB3, ACE, AGT, IL6, CCL2, ICAM1, SELE, MMP9, PPARG, MMP1, ADD1, P2RY12, LIPC, PLA2G7, SCARB1, MMP3, MTTP, ..
- Genetic aspects of ischemic stroke: coagulation, homocysteine, and lipoprotein metabolism as potential risk factorsSanja Stankovic
Institute for Medical Biochemistry, University School of Pharmacy and Clinical Center of Serbia, Belgrade, Serbia
Crit Rev Clin Lab Sci 47:72-123. 2010..The candidate 'stroke risk' genes affecting haemostasis (F5, F2, FGA/FGB, F7, F13A1, vWF, F12, SERPINE1, ITGB3/ITGA2B, ITGA2, GP1BA, TPA, TAFI, THBD, PZ, ANX5), homocysteine metabolism (..
- Retinoids stimulate fibrinogen production both in vitro (hepatocytes) and in vivo. Induction requires activation of the retinoid X receptorE Nicodeme
Laboratoires Glaxo, Centre de Recherches, ZA de Courtaboeuf, Les Ulis, France
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 15:1660-7. 1995..A comparable increase was observed for both de novo fibrinogen synthesis and fibrinogen beta chain mRNA level...
- The mitogenic effects of the B beta chain of fibrinogen are mediated through cell surface calreticulinA J Gray
University College London Medical School, Division of Cardiopulmonary Biochemistry, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 270:26602-6. 1995..The present study has shown that cell surface calreticulin binds to the B beta chain of fibrinogen mediating its mitogenic activity...
- Molecular mechanisms of hypo- and afibrinogenemiaS O Brennan
Molecular Pathology Laboratory, Canterbury Health Laboratories, Christchurch Hospital, P O Box 151, Christchurch, New Zealand
Ann N Y Acad Sci 936:91-100. 2001....
- Fibrinogen genotypes (alpha and beta) are associated with plasma fibrinogen levels in ChineseY Liu
J Med Genet 38:E31. 2001
- Selective pressure has not acted against hypercoagulability alleles in high-altitude AmerindiansJ L Rupert
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, B C, Canada
Ann Hum Genet 67:426-32. 2003..Alleles of the beta-fibrinogen gene (FGB) associated with lower fibrinogen levels are more common in highland Amerindians (Quechua) than lowland Amerindians ..
- Quality control of fibrinogen secretion in the molecular pathogenesis of congenital afibrinogenemiaDung Vu
Department of Genetic Medicine and Development, Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics, University Medical Centre, Geneva, Switzerland
Hum Mol Genet 14:3271-80. 2005..Each polypeptide is encoded by a distinct gene, FGA, FGB and FGG, all three clustered in a region of 50 kb on 4q31...
- Identification of three FGA mutations in two Chinese families with congenital afibrinogenaemiaY Fang
Division of Thrombosis and Hemostasis, Shanghai Institute of Hematology, Ruijin Hospital, Medical College of Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
Haemophilia 12:615-20. 2006..All the exons, exon-intron boundaries and promoter regions of three Fg genes (FGA, FGB and FGG) were screened by direct sequencing...
- AMI is associated with polymorphisms in the NOS3 and FGB but not in PAI-1 genes in young adultsMarcelo Ferraz Sampaio
Instituto Dante Pazzanese de Cardiologia, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Clin Chim Acta 377:154-62. 2007We investigated the relationship between NOS3, FGB and PAI-1 polymorphisms and endothelial dysfunction and risk factors for acute myocardial infarction (AMI) in young adults.
- [Association of fibrinogen B beta -1420G/A, -993C/T and -854G/A gene polymorphism with coronary heart disease]Hong yun Xing
Department of Hematology, Affiliated Hospital, Luzhou Medical College, Luzhou, Sichuan, 646000, P R China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 23:622-6. 2006To analyze the frequency of FGB gene -1420G/A, -993C/T and -854G/A polymorphisms, and their association with plasma fibrinogen levels in patients with coronary heart disease and in health adults.
- Pseudo-exon activation caused by a deep-intronic mutation in the fibrinogen gamma-chain gene as a novel mechanism for congenital afibrinogenaemiaSilvia Spena
Department of Biology and Genetics for Medical Sciences, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Br J Haematol 139:128-32. 2007Congenital afibrinogenaemia, characterized by severe fibrinogen deficiency, is caused by mutations within FGA, FGB or FGG...
- Fibrinogen, COPD and mortality in a nationally representative U.S. cohortDavid M Mannino
Department of Preventive Medicine and Environmental Health, University of Kentucky College of Public Health, Lexington, USA
COPD 9:359-66. 2012..Fibrinogen is a marker of systemic inflammation and may represent an important biomarker for the progression of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- The β-fibrinogen -455G/A gene polymorphism and the risk of ischaemic stroke in a Polish populationAleksandra Golenia
Department of Neurology, Jagiellonian University Medical College, ul Botaniczna 3, 31 503 Krakow, Poland
Neurol Neurochir Pol 47:152-6. 2013..In the present study, we assessed the significance of the β-fibrinogen -455G/A gene polymorphism and the risk of ischaemic stroke in a Polish population...
- Deep bite: a case report with chewing pattern and electromyographic activity before and after therapy with function generating biteM G Piancino
Orthodontic Division Dental School Dept Surgical Sciences University of Turin Italy
Eur J Paediatr Dent 14:156-9. 2013..The purpose of this case report is the concurrent evaluation of the masticatory pattern and the electromyographic activity, recorded during mastication, before and after therapy of deep bite malocclusion...
- Multilocus Characterization of a Woodrat (Genus Neotoma) Hybrid ZoneMatthew R Mauldin
From the Department of Biological Sciences, Texas Tech University, 2901 Main, Lubbock, TX 79409 3131 Mauldin, Baker, and Bradley the Department of Biology, University of Central Oklahoma, Edmond, OK Haynie the Research and Testing Laboratory of the South Plains, Lubbock, TX Hanson and the Museum of Texas Tech University, Lubbock, TX Baker and Bradley
J Hered 105:466-476. 2014..introns (intron 2 of the vertebrate alcohol dehydrogenase gene [Adh1-I2] and intron 7 of the beta-fibrinogen gene [Fgb-I7]) were used to develop a composite genotype for each individual and for detection of hybridization...
- Saikosaponin d protects against acetaminophen-induced hepatotoxicity by inhibiting NF-κB and STAT3 signalingAiming Liu
Medical School of Ningbo University, Ningbo 315211, China Laboratory of Metabolism, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA Electronic address
Chem Biol Interact 223:80-6. 2014..the target genes of NF-κB, such as pro-inflammatory cytokine Il6 and Ccl2, and those of STAT3, such as Socs3, Fga, Fgb and Fgg. SSd also enhanced the expression of the anti-inflammatory cytokine Il10 mRNA...
- Non-enzymatic activation of prothrombin induced by interaction with fibrin β26-42 regionVolodymyr O Chernyshenko
Palladin Biochemistry Institute of NAS of Ukraine Kyiv, Protein Structure and Functions Department, Kyiv, Ukraine
Acta Biochim Pol 62:517-22. 2015..From the data obtained we can conclude that desAB fibrin binds to prothrombin through the Bβ26-42 amino acid residues and the formation of such a complex caused a non-enzymatic activation of prothrombin. ..
- Management of pregnancy in dysfibrinogenemia cases: a dilemmaRucha Patil
National Institute of Immunohaematology ICMR, KEM Hospital, Parel, Mumbai, India
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 28:91-93. 2017..DNA sequence analysis revealed a novel homozygous insertion-deletion in exon 7 in FGB. Dysfibrinogenemia is very difficult to diagnose and even after diagnosis, the treatment varies with the patient's ..
- Proteomic profiling of lymphedema development in mouse modelJoomin Lee
Department of Food and Nutrition, College of Natural Science, Chosun University, Gwangju, Republic of Korea
Cell Biochem Funct 34:317-25. 2016..mCG21744, parkinson disease, serum amyloid P-component precursor, annexin A8, mKIAA0098 protein, and fibrinogen beta chain precursor were differentially upregulated in the lymphedema mice compared with the sham-operated group...
- [Genetics of blood coagulation in young stroke patients]Endre Pongrácz
BM Központi Kórház es Intézményei, Neurológiai Osztály, 1071 Budapest, Városligeti fasor 9 13
Ideggyogy Sz 55:111-7. 2002..In this genetico-epidemiological study the author's aim was to analyse the tendency of genetic polymorphisms to cluster in a cohort of young and elderly stroke patients and in healthy subjects in Hungary...
- Analysis of Iranian patients allowed the identification of the first truncating mutation in the fibrinogen Bbeta-chain gene causing afibrinogenemiaRosanna Asselta
Department of Biology and Genetics for Medical Sciences, University of Milan, via Viotti 3 5, 20133 Milan, Italy
Haematologica 87:855-9. 2002..The aim of this work was to widen knowledge about the mutational spectrum of this disease by analyzing the molecular bases of congenital afibrinogenemia in three unrelated Iranian patients...
- Molecular variation at functional genes and the history of human populations--data on candidate genes for cardiovascular risk in the MediterraneanPedro Moral
Department of Animal Biology Anthropology, University of Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Coll Antropol 27:523-36. 2003....
- ORF3 protein of hepatitis E virus interacts with the Bbeta chain of fibrinogen resulting in decreased fibrinogen secretion from HuH-7 cellsRuchi Ratra
Virology Group, International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, PO Box 10504, Aruna Asaf Ali Road, New Delhi 110067, India
J Gen Virol 90:1359-70. 2009..This report adds one more biological function to, and advances our understanding of, the cellular role of the ORF3 protein of HEV. The possible implications of these findings in the virus life cycle are discussed...
- Genetic risk factors for periodontitis in a Japanese populationT Kobayashi
General Dentistry and Clinical Education Unit, Niigata University Medical and Dental Hospital, 2 5274 Gakkocho dori, Chuo Ku, Niigata 951 8514, Japan
J Dent Res 88:1137-41. 2009..002). These results suggest that none of the polymorphisms tested was strongly associated with periodontitis in a Japanese population. However, the vitamin D receptor +1056 polymorphism may be related to chronic periodontitis...
- Increased expression of matrix extracellular phosphoglycoprotein (MEPE) in cortical bone of the rat tibia after mechanical loading: identification by oligonucleotide microarrayChristianne M A Reijnders
Department of Internal Medicine, Endocrine Section, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 8:e79672. 2013..The modulation of MEPE expression may indicate a connection between bone mineralization and bone formation after mechanical stimulation. ..
- The identification of novel potential injury mechanisms and candidate biomarkers in renal allograft rejection by quantitative proteomicsTara K Sigdel
California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute, 475 Brannan St, Ste 220, San Francisco, California 9410
Mol Cell Proteomics 13:621-31. 2014..5) from all other transplant categories (HLA class II protein HLA-DRB1, KRT14, HIST1H4B, FGG, ACTB, FGB, FGA, KRT7, DPP4). Increased levels of three of these proteins, fibrinogen beta (FGB; p = 0...
- A central role for intermolecular dityrosine cross-linking of fibrinogen in high molecular weight advanced oxidation protein product (AOPP) formationGraziano Colombo
Department of Biosciences, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1850:1-12. 2015..Here, we investigated the relative contribution of HSA and fibrinogen to generation of AOPPs...
- The role of fibrinogen as a predictor in preoperative chemoradiation for rectal cancerJong Hoon Lee
Center for Colorectal Cancer, Research Institute and Hospital, National Cancer Center, Goyang si, Gyeonggi Do, Republic of Korea
Ann Surg Oncol 22:209-15. 2015..This study examined the association between plasma fibrinogen level before preoperative CRT and tumor response in advanced rectal cancer...
- Covalent structure of fibrinogenA Henschen
Ann N Y Acad Sci 408:28-43. 1983
- Genes encoding fibrinogen and cardiovascular riskL Iacoviello
Angela Valenti Laboratory of Genetic and Environmental Risk Factors for Thrombotic Disease, Department of Vascular Medicine, Consorzio Mario Negri Sud, Santa Maria Imbaro, Italy
Hypertension 38:1199-203. 2001..In the future, gene-environment interactions should be considered in evaluating the relevance of genetic variations on the risk of cardiovascular disease...
- 2.8 A crystal structures of recombinant fibrinogen fragment D with and without two peptide ligands: GHRP binding to the "b" site disrupts its nearby calcium-binding siteMichael S Kostelansky
Department of Chemistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Biochemistry 41:12124-32. 2002..These structures provide a foundation for the detailed structural analysis of variant recombinant fibrinogens that were used to identify critical functional residues within fragment D...
- Fibrinogen Magdeburg I: a novel variant of human fibrinogen with an amino acid exchange in the fibrinopeptide A (Aalpha 9, Leu-->Pro)Michael Meyer
Department of Medical Engineering, University of Applied Sciences FH Jena, Carl Zeiss Promenade 2, Jena D 07745, Germany
Thromb Res 109:145-51. 2003..Other amino acid exchanges within the fibrinopeptide A have been only rarely reported...
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF COLLAGEN RECEPTORSThomas Kunicki; Fiscal Year: 2004..The successful completion of the proposed studies will lead to a substantial increase in our understanding of the genetics and physiology of the platelet collagen receptor, GPVI. ..
- Molecular Genetics of Integrin Collagen ReceptorsThomas Kunicki; Fiscal Year: 2007..From a clinical standpoint, these studies will also reveal the impact of these gene differences on risk for adverse events in bleeding disorders such as Von Willebrand Disease. ..
- Combination DNA and Attenuated Virus Vaccine for SIVFrancis Novembre; Fiscal Year: 2002..Additionally, these studies will allow a comparison to other DNA-based strategies currently being utilized at the Yerkes Center. ..
- ANNEXIN II & PLASMIN MEDIATED HIGH GRADE GLIOMA INVASIONSuchitra Acharya; Fiscal Year: 2002..Dr. Hajjar is also very accessible for individual weekly meetings when the need arises. T h i s environment will provide excellent training for a developing physician-researcher. ..
- Genetics of Neuropathogenic SIV InfectionFrancis Novembre; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, we will investigate the evolution of the ability of these viruses to induce the production of neurotoxins in CNS derived cells. ..
- STRUCTURAL STUDIES ON FIBRINOGEN AND FIBRINRussell Doolittle; Fiscal Year: 2003..Combined with the full structures of the native molecules at high resolution, these results should dispel much of the mystery of fibrin formation. ..
- Characterization of the flexible portions of fibrinogenRussell Doolittle; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies are aimed at determining the degree of specificity involved in the assembly of fibrin units and protofibrils as well as the relative locations of the regions involved. ..
- Association of Thrombophilia and Inflammation with Post-Thrombotic SyndromeMary Cushman; Fiscal Year: 2008..Resultant disability is estimated at 2 million lost workdays/year and medical costs as $300 million yearly. Findings here can form the basis for development of new therapies to treat, and moreover prevent,PTS. ..
- Age-related inflammatory changes: The role of genes and body composition changesYongmei Liu; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- STRUCTURES OF COAGULATION COFACTORSSTEPHEN EVERSE; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- TRANSCRIPTION FACTOR NF-E2 IN ALPHA IIB BETA 3 SIGNALINGSANFORD SHATTIL; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary HypertensionTIMOTHY MORRIS; Fiscal Year: 2006..The fragments will be subjected to liquid chromatography-mass spectroscopy with data-dependent MS-2 data acquisition, followed by computer-assisted sequence analysis. ..
- Regulation of Outside-In Integrin Signaling in PlateletsSANFORD SHATTIL; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus, this line of investigation may lead to identification of new anti-thrombotic drug targets and serve as a paradigm for integrin signaling in other blood cells. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..