Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: FGFR2
Description: fibroblast growth factor receptor 2
Alias: BBDS, BEK, BFR-1, CD332, CEK3, CFD1, ECT1, JWS, K-SAM, KGFR, TK14, TK25, fibroblast growth factor receptor 2, BEK fibroblast growth factor receptor, bacteria-expressed kinase, keratinocyte growth factor receptor, protein tyrosine kinase, receptor like 14
Publications248 found, 100 shown here
- Determination of ligand-binding specificity by alternative splicing: two distinct growth factor receptors encoded by a single geneT Miki
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:246-50. 1992Expression cDNA cloning and structural analysis of the human keratinocyte growth factor receptor (KGFR) revealed identity with one of the fibroblast growth factor (FGF) receptors encoded by the bek gene (FGFR-2), except for a divergent ..
- FGFR2-amplified gastric cancer cell lines require FGFR2 and Erbb3 signaling for growth and survivalKaiko Kunii
Pharmacology, Merck Research Laboratories, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cancer Res 68:2340-8. 2008..In a panel of gastric cancer cell lines, fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) was overexpressed and tyrosine phosphorylated selectively in FGFR2-amplified cell lines ..
- Novel breast cancer susceptibility locus at 9q31.2: results of a genome-wide association studyOlivia Fletcher
Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Centre, Institute of Cancer Research, London, UK
J Natl Cancer Inst 103:425-35. 2011..Genome-wide association studies have identified several common genetic variants associated with breast cancer risk. It is likely, however, that a substantial proportion of such loci have not yet been discovered...
- Evidence for selective advantage of pathogenic FGFR2 mutations in the male germ lineAnne Goriely
Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, University of Oxford, Oxford OX3 9DS, UK
Science 301:643-6. 2003..Here, we describe a sensitive method to quantify substitutions at nucleotide 755 of the fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) gene in sperm...
- Clinical correlates of low-risk variants in FGFR2, TNRC9, MAP3K1, LSP1 and 8q24 in a Dutch cohort of incident breast cancer casesPetra E A Huijts
Department of Clinical Genetics, K5 R, Leiden University Medical Center, PO Box 9600, 2300 RC Leiden, The Netherlands
Breast Cancer Res 9:R78. 2007..Seven SNPs in five genomic loci were recently found to confer a mildly increased risk of breast cancer...
- K-sam, an amplified gene in stomach cancer, is a member of the heparin-binding growth factor receptor genesY Hattori
Genetics Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87:5983-7. 1990..The K-sam gene had significant homologies with bek, FLG, and chicken basic fibroblast growth factor receptor gene...
- Cancer genomics and genetics of FGFR2 (Review)Masaru Katoh
Genetics and Cell Biology Section, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Chuo Ward, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Int J Oncol 33:233-7. 2008b>FGFR2 gene encodes FGFR2b in epithelial cells, and FGFR2c in mesenchymal cells. FGFR2b is a high affinity receptor for FGF1, FGF3, FGF7, FGF10 and FGF22, while FGFR2c for FGF1, FGF2, FGF4, FGF6, FGF9, FGF16 and FGF20...
- Paternal origin of FGFR2 mutations in sporadic cases of Crouzon syndrome and Pfeiffer syndromeR L Glaser
Department of Pediatrics, Center for Craniofacial Development and Disorders, McKusick Nathans Institute of Genetic Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Hum Genet 66:768-77. 2000..are both autosomal dominant craniosynostotic disorders that can be caused by mutations in the fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) gene...
- Deletion of the carboxyl-terminal exons of K-sam/FGFR2 by short homology-mediated recombination, generating preferential expression of specific messenger RNAsT Ueda
Genetics Division, National Cancer Center Research Institute, Tokyo, Japan
Cancer Res 59:6080-6. 1999..as an amplified gene from human gastric cancer cell line KATOIII, and its product is identical to fibroblast growth factor receptor 2. The K-sam gene is located on human chromosome 10q26 and is preferentially amplified in the poorly ..
- A novel insertion in the FGFR2 gene in a patient with Crouzon phenotype and sacrococcygeal tailPablo Lapunzina
Section of Medical Genetics, Hospital Universitario La Paz, 28046 Madrid, Spain
Birth Defects Res A Clin Mol Teratol 73:61-4. 2005Mutations in the FGFR2 gene are present in several syndromes with craniosynostosis, such as Pfeiffer's, Apert's, and Crouzon's.
- Expression and signaling of the tyrosine kinase FGFR2b/KGFR regulates phagocytosis and melanosome uptake in human keratinocytesFrancesca Belleudi
Istituto Pasteur Fondazione Cenci Bolognetti, Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e Molecolare, Sapienza Universita di Roma, Rome, Italy
FASEB J 25:170-81. 2011..growth factor KGF/FGF7 promotes the melanosome uptake through activation of its receptor tyrosine kinase FGFR2b/KGFR. The aim of the present study was to investigate the contribution of KGFR expression, activation, and signaling in ..
- Ocular abnormalities in Apert syndrome: genotype/phenotype correlations with fibroblast growth factor receptor type 2 mutationsSuzanne K Jadico
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J AAPOS 10:521-7. 2006..and other craniofacial malformations, is caused by point mutations (Ser252Trp or Pro253Arg) in the fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 gene...
- Neutrophil MMP-9 proenzyme, unencumbered by TIMP-1, undergoes efficient activation in vivo and catalytically induces angiogenesis via a basic fibroblast growth factor (FGF-2)/FGFR-2 pathwayVeronica C Ardi
Department of Cell Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 284:25854-66. 2009....
- Increased EFG- and PDGFalpha-receptor signaling by mutant FGF-receptor 2 contributes to osteoblast dysfunction in Apert craniosynostosisHichem Miraoui
Laboratory of Osteoblast Biology and Pathology, INSERM U606, Paris, France
Hum Mol Genet 19:1678-89. 2010..In this study, we have used microarray analysis to investigate the signaling pathways that are activated by FGFR2 mutations in Apert craniosynostosis...
- Genetic variants in fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) contribute to susceptibility of breast cancer in Chinese womenJie Liang
Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Cancer Center, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Carcinogenesis 29:2341-6. 2008b>Fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) belongs to the FGFR family, which plays an important role in cell growth, invasiveness, motility and angiogenesis...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2): genomic sequence and variationsR G Ingersoll
Institute of Genetic Medicine, Center for Craniofacial Development and Disorders, Department of Pediatrics, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore 21287 3914, USA
Cytogenet Cell Genet 94:121-6. 2001Fibroblast growth factor receptors (FGFRs) play an important role in development and tumorigenesis. Mutations in FGFR2 cause more than five craniosynostosis syndromes. The FGFR2 genomic structure is the largest of the FGFR family...
- FGFR2 and WDR11 are neighboring oncogene and tumor suppressor gene on human chromosome 10q26Masuko Katoh
M and M Medical BioInformatics, Narashino 275 0022, Japan
Int J Oncol 22:1155-9. 2003..b>FGFR2 gene on human chromosome 10q26 is amplified in diffuse-type gastric cancer, while WDR11 gene on human chromosome ..
- Transforming potential of alternatively spliced variants of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 in human mammary epithelial cellsAllison B Moffa
Cellular and Molecular Biology Graduate Program, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Mol Cancer Res 2:643-52. 2004..our laboratory (SUM-52PE) has a 12-fold amplification and high-level overexpression of the oncogene fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2)...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 mutations in Beare-Stevenson cutis gyrata syndromeK A Przylepa
Department of Pediatrics, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Nat Genet 13:492-4. 1996..Mutations in Crouzon, Jackson-Weiss, Pfeiffer and Apert syndromes have been reported in the FGFR2 extracellular domain...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) in brain neurons and retinal pigment epithelial cells act via stimulation of neuroendocrine L-type channels (Ca(v)1.3)R Rosenthal
Institut für Klinische Physiologie, Universitatsklinikum Benjamin Franklin, Freie Universitat Berlin, 12200 Berlin, Germany
FASEB J 15:970-7. 2001In contrast to the fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 (FGFR1), little is known about intracellular signaling of FGFR2. The signaling cascade of FGFR2 was studied using the perforated patch configuration of the patch-clamp technique in ..
- Regulation of human cranial osteoblast phenotype by FGF-2, FGFR-2 and BMP-2 signalingP J Marie
INSERM U349, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
Histol Histopathol 17:877-85. 2002....
- Clinically mild, atypical, and aged craniofacial syndrome is diagnosed as Crouzon syndrome by identification of a point mutation in the fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 gene (FGFR2)Toyoki Maeda
Division of Molecular and Clinical Genetics, Department of Molecular Genetics, Medical Institute of Bioregulation, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Higashi ku, Maidashi, Fukuoka 812 8582
Intern Med 43:432-5. 2004..A point mutation in fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) was identified that had previously been seen only in sporadic cases of Crouzon syndrome...
- P253R fibroblast growth factor receptor-2 mutation induces RUNX2 transcript variants and calvarial osteoblast differentiationTiziano Baroni
Institute of Histology and General Embryology, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
J Cell Physiol 202:524-35. 2005..fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) signaling caused by mutations in the fibroblast growth factor receptor (FGFR2) leads to human craniosynostosis such as the Apert syndrome...
- The fibroblast growth factor receptors, FGFR-1 and FGFR-2, mediate two independent signalling pathways in human retinal pigment epithelial cellsRita Rosenthal
Augenklinik und Hochschulambulanz, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 337:241-7. 2005..Our findings support the hypothesis that there are two different FGFR-1- and FGFR-2-dependent pathways that modulate the role of bFGF in induction of neovascularisation in AMD...
- Cooperative dimerization of fibroblast growth factor 1 (FGF1) upon a single heparin saccharide may drive the formation of 2:2:1 FGF1.FGFR2c.heparin ternary complexesChristopher J Robinson
Cancer Research UK and Department of Medical Oncology, University of Manchester, Christie Hospital National Health Service Trust, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX
J Biol Chem 280:42274-82. 2005..A cooperative mechanism of FGF1 dimerization could explain how 2:2:1 signaling complexes form at the cell surface, an environment rich in heparan sulfate...
- The neural cell adhesion molecule binds to fibroblast growth factor receptor 2Claus Christensen
Protein Laboratory, Copenhagen University, Denmark
FEBS Lett 580:3386-90. 2006..In this study, we show by surface plasmon resonance analysis that NCAM can bind to FGFR2 with an affinity similar to that for the NCAM-FGFR1 interaction...
- Lacrimo-auriculo-dento-digital syndrome is caused by reduced activity of the fibroblast growth factor 10 (FGF10)-FGF receptor 2 signaling pathwayImad Shams
Department of Pharmacology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:6903-12. 2007..studies have implicated heterozygous mutations in fibroblast growth factor 10 (FGF10) and in FGF receptor 2 (FGFR2) in LADD syndrome...
- Carcinoma-associated fibroblasts activate progesterone receptors and induce hormone independent mammary tumor growth: A role for the FGF-2/FGFR-2 axisSebastián Giulianelli
Laboratory of Hormonal Carcinogenesis, Institute of Experimental Biology and Medicine IBYME National Research Council of Argentina CONICET, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Int J Cancer 123:2518-31. 2008..In summary, this is the first study reporting differences between CAF from HD and HI tumors suggesting that CAF-HI actively participate in driving HI tumor growth...
- Analysis of 10 independent samples provides evidence for association between schizophrenia and a SNP flanking fibroblast growth factor receptor 2M C O'Donovan
Department of Psychological Medicine, School of Medicine, Cardiff University, Cardiff, UK
Mol Psychiatry 14:30-6. 2009..17 (95% CI 1.06-1.29), P=0.0009). The SNP maps 85 kb from the nearest gene encoding fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) making this a potential susceptibility gene for schizophrenia.
- A multistage genome-wide association study in breast cancer identifies two new risk alleles at 1p11.2 and 14q24.1 (RAD51L1)Gilles Thomas
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Nat Genet 41:579-84. 2009..1 (rs999737; P = 1.74 x 10(-7)) localizes to RAD51L1, a gene in the homologous recombination DNA repair pathway. We also confirmed associations with loci on chromosomes 2q35, 5p12, 5q11.2, 8q24, 10q26 and 16q12.1...
- Expression of basic fibroblast growth factor, FGFR1 and FGFR2 in normal and malignant human breast, and comparison with other normal tissuesY A Luqmani
Department of Medical Oncology, Charing Cross Hospital Medical School, London, UK
Br J Cancer 66:273-80. 1992The expression of basic fibroblast growth factor (bFGF) and two of its receptors, FGFR1 and FGFR2, was detected using the polymerase chain reaction, and quantified by comparison to the relative amount of product obtained following co-..
- Exon switching and activation of stromal and embryonic fibroblast growth factor (FGF)-FGF receptor genes in prostate epithelial cells accompany stromal independence and malignancyG Yan
W Alton Jones Cell Science Center, Inc, Lake Placid, New York 12946
Mol Cell Biol 13:4513-22. 1993..Multiple autocrine and potentially intracrine ligand-receptor loops resulting from these alterations within the FGF-FGF-R family may underlie the autonomy of malignant tumor cells...
- Apert syndrome results from localized mutations of FGFR2 and is allelic with Crouzon syndromeA O Wilkie
Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford, UK
Nat Genet 9:165-72. 1995..Pro253Arg) in the linker between the second and third extracellular immunoglobulin (Ig) domains of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) in all 40 unrelated cases of Apert syndrome studied...
- Structural and functional diversity in the FGF receptor multigene familyD E Johnson
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0724
Adv Cancer Res 60:1-41. 1993
- Receptor specificity of the fibroblast growth factor familyD M Ornitz
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University Medical School, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Biol Chem 271:15292-7. 1996..These data should serve as a biochemical foundation for determining developmental, physiological, and pathophysiological processes that involve FGF signaling pathways...
- Exclusive paternal origin of new mutations in Apert syndromeD M Moloney
Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford, UK
Nat Genet 13:48-53. 1996..from one or other of two specific nucleotide substitutions, both C-->G transversions, in the fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) gene...
- Trp290Cys mutation in exon IIIa of the fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) gene is associated with Pfeiffer syndromeM Tartaglia
Laboratorio di Biologia Cellulare, Istituto Superiore di Sanita, Rome, Italy
Hum Genet 99:602-6. 1997..Mutations in the genes encoding fibroblast growth factor receptors 1 and 2 (FGFR1 and FGFR2) have recently been implicated in the aetiology of such a syndrome, as well as of other craniosynostotic ..
- Modulation of keratinocyte growth factor receptor expression in human cultured keratinocytesC Marchese
Istituto Nazionale Ricerca sul Cancro di Genova, Sezione di Biotecnologie, Rome, Italy
Cell Growth Differ 8:989-97. 1997..biological effects through binding to the KGF receptor (KGFR), a splicing transcript variant of FGF receptor 2 (FGFR2)...
- Analysis of the mutational spectrum of the FGFR2 gene in Pfeiffer syndromeL R Cornejo-Roldan
Medical Genetics Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Hum Genet 104:425-31. 1999..correlated with specific mutations in the human fibroblast growth factor receptor (FGFR) genes, FGFR1 and FGFR2. In this study, we set out to examine the exons in FGFR2 most commonly associated with mutations in PS, exons IIIa ..
- A novel mutation, Ala315Ser, in FGFR2: a gene-environment interaction leading to craniosynostosis?D Johnson
Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford, UK
Eur J Hum Genet 8:571-7. 2000..We describe a novel heterozygous mutation of FGFR2 (943G --> T, encoding the amino acid substitution Ala315Ser) in a girl with non-syndromic unicoronal ..
- FGF2 promotes skeletogenic differentiation of cranial neural crest cellsS Sarkar
Developmental Biology Unit, Institute of Child Health, University College London, London WC1N 1EH, UK
Development 128:2143-52. 2001..In longer-term cultures, both endochondral and membrane bone are formed. FGFR1, FGFR2 and FGFR3 are all detectable by immunohistochemistry in the mesencephalic region, with particularly intense ..
- Mutation in the FGFR2 gene in a Taiwanese patient with Beare-Stevenson cutis gyrata syndromeT J Wang
Department of Paediatrics, Kaohsiung Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Clin Genet 61:218-21. 2002..Molecular genetic analysis of the FGFR2 gene in this patient's DNA revealed a missense A --> G mutation on nucleotide 1303 of the FGFR2 cDNA...
- A Non-sequence-specific double-stranded RNA structural element regulates splicing of two mutually exclusive exons of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2)Stephanie J Muh
Renal Electrolyte and Hypertension Division, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6144, USA
J Biol Chem 277:50143-54. 2002Alternative splicing of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) mutually exclusive exons IIIb and IIIc represents a tightly regulated and functionally relevant example of post-transcriptional gene regulation...
- Biochemical analysis of pathogenic ligand-dependent FGFR2 mutations suggests distinct pathophysiological mechanisms for craniofacial and limb abnormalitiesOmar A Ibrahimi
Department of Pharmacology, New York University School of Medicine, 550 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Hum Mol Genet 13:2313-24. 2004Gain-of-function missense mutations in FGF receptor 2 (FGFR2) are responsible for a variety of craniosynostosis syndromes including Apert syndrome (AS), Pfeiffer syndrome (PS) and Crouzon syndrome (CS)...
- A role for fibroblast growth factor receptor-2 in the altered osteoblast phenotype induced by Twist haploinsufficiency in the Saethre-Chotzen syndromeHind Guenou
Laboratory of Osteoblast Biology and Pathology, INSERM U606, Paris, University Paris 7, Hopital Lariboisiere, Paris, France
Hum Mol Genet 14:1429-39. 2005..In this study, we investigated the role of fibroblast growth factor receptor-2 (Fgfr2) in the abnormal osteoblast differentiation in SCS...
- Bad bones, absent smell, selfish testes: the pleiotropic consequences of human FGF receptor mutationsAndrew O M Wilkie
Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, NDCLS, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DS, UK
Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 16:187-203. 2005..with FGFR1 and FGFR3 mutations; identification of fundamental differences in the cellular mechanisms of mutant FGFR2 and FGFR3 action; and the direct identification of FGFR2 and FGFR3 mutations in sperm...
- Mutation screening in patients with syndromic craniosynostoses indicates that a limited number of recurrent FGFR2 mutations accounts for severe forms of Pfeiffer syndromeElisabeth Lajeunie
1INSERM U 393, Hopital Necker Enfants Malades, Paris, France
Eur J Hum Genet 14:289-98. 2006..Mutations preferentially occurred in exons 8 and 10 of FGFR2 encoding the third Ig loop of the receptor...
- Intracellular retention, degradation, and signaling of glycosylation-deficient FGFR2 and craniosynostosis syndrome-associated FGFR2C278FNan E Hatch
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Biol Chem 281:27292-305. 2006..Additionally, we show that trafficking and autoactivation of wild type FGFR2 is glycosylation-dependent...
- AKT and MAPK signaling in KGF-treated and UVB-exposed human epidermal cellsLavinia Vittoria Lotti
Department of Experimental Medicine, University Sapienza, Viale Regina Elena, Rome, Italy
J Cell Physiol 212:633-42. 2007..We also demostrated increasing expression of KGFR substrates, such as PAK4 during keratinocyte differentiation parallel to the receptor upregulation.
- Genome-wide association study identifies novel breast cancer susceptibility lociDouglas F Easton
CR UK Genetic Epidemiology Unit, Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB1 8RN, UK
Nature 447:1087-93. 2007..Four of these contain plausible causative genes (FGFR2, TNRC9, MAP3K1 and LSP1). At the second stage, 1,792 SNPs were significant at the P < 0...
- hnRNP H and hnRNP F complex with Fox2 to silence fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 exon IIIcDavid M Mauger
Box 3053 424 CARL, Duke University Medical Center, Research Drive, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Mol Cell Biol 28:5403-19. 2008..In this study, we identify hnRNP H and hnRNP F proteins as being novel silencers of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 exon IIIc...
- Inhibition of activated fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 in endometrial cancer cells induces cell death despite PTEN abrogationSara A Byron
Cancer and Cell Biology Division, Translational Genomics Research Institute, Phoenix, Arizona 85004, USA
Cancer Res 68:6902-7. 2008..Because we have recently shown activating mutations in fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) in 16% of endometrioid endometrial cancers, we sought to determine the genetic context in ..
- Hormone-dependent effects of FGFR2 and MAP3K1 in breast cancer susceptibility in a population-based sample of post-menopausal African-American and European-American womenTimothy R Rebbeck
Abramson Cancer Center, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Carcinogenesis 30:269-74. 2009b>FGFR2 and MAP3K1 are members of the RAS/RAF/MEK/ERK-signaling pathway and have been identified from genome-wide association studies to be breast cancer susceptibility genes...
- Aberrant receptor internalization and enhanced FRS2-dependent signaling contribute to the transforming activity of the fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 IIIb C3 isoformJiyoung Y Cha
Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7295, USA
J Biol Chem 284:6227-40. 2009Alternative splice variants of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) IIIb, designated C1, C2, and C3, possess progressive reduction in their cytoplasmic carboxyl termini (822, 788, and 769 residues, respectively), with preferential ..
- Co-expression of keratinocyte growth factor and K-sam is an independent prognostic factor in gastric carcinomaTakahiro Toyokawa
Department of Surgical Oncology, Osaka City University Graduate School of Medicine, Osaka 545 8585, Japan
Oncol Rep 21:875-80. 2009..029). In conclusion, the co-expression of K-sam and KGF in gastric cancer might be a useful prognostic factor...
- Histone-acetylated control of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 intron 2 polymorphisms and isoform splicing in breast cancerXuegong Zhu
Department of Medicine, and the Endocrine Oncology Site Group, Princess Margaret Hospital, Ontario Cancer Institute, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2M9
Mol Endocrinol 23:1397-405. 2009..In particular, the disease-predisposing allele of FGFR2 is inherited as a 7.5-kb region within intron 2 that harbors eight single nucleotide polymorphisms...
- Variation in the FGFR2 gene and the effects of postmenopausal hormone therapy on invasive breast cancerRoss L Prentice
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:3079-85. 2009..Single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) in the fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) gene are substantially associated with postmenopausal breast cancer risk and could ..
- Expression of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 IIIc in human uterine cervical intraepithelial neoplasia and cervical cancerRieko Kawase
Department of Pathology, Integrative Oncological Pathology, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo 113 8602, Japan
Int J Oncol 36:331-40. 2010Fibroblast growth factor receptors (FGFRs) 1-3 have IIIb and IIIc isoforms, and we reported that FGFR2 IIIb is highly expressed in cervical keratinizing squamous cell carcinoma (SCC)...
- Polymorphisms in second intron of the FGFR2 gene are associated with the risk of early-onset breast cancer in Chinese Han womenFangmeng Fu
Department of General Surgery, Affiliated Union Hospital of Fujian Medical University, Union Clinical School, Fujian Medical University, Fuzhou, PR China
Tohoku J Exp Med 226:221-9. 2012b>Fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) plays an important role in tumor cell growth, invasiveness, motility, and angiogenesis...
- FGFR2 point mutations in 466 endometrioid endometrial tumors: relationship with MSI, KRAS, PIK3CA, CTNNB1 mutations and clinicopathological featuresSara A Byron
Cancer and Cell Biology Division, Translational Genomics Research Institute, Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e30801. 2012Mutations in multiple oncogenes including KRAS, CTNNB1, PIK3CA and FGFR2 have been identified in endometrial cancer...
- Enhanced expression of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 IIIc promotes human pancreatic cancer cell proliferationToshiyuki Ishiwata
Department of Pathology and Integrative Oncological Pathology, Graduate School of Medicine, Nippon Medical School, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Pathol 180:1928-41. 2012....
- Expression cDNA cloning of the KGF receptor by creation of a transforming autocrine loopT Miki
Laboratory of Cellular and Molecular Biology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892
Science 251:72-5. 1991..This expression cloning approach may be generally applicable to the isolation of genes that constitute limiting steps in mitogenic signaling pathways...
- Analysis of phenotypic features and FGFR2 mutations in Apert syndromeW J Park
Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21287 3914, USA
Am J Hum Genet 57:321-8. 1995A phenotypic and genotypic survey was conducted on 36 Apert syndrome patients. In all but one patient, an FGFR2 mutation, either S252W or P253R, was found in exon IIIa (exon U or 7)...
- FGFR2 mutations in Pfeiffer syndromeE Lajeunie
Nat Genet 9:108. 1995
- Identical mutations in the FGFR2 gene cause both Pfeiffer and Crouzon syndrome phenotypesP Rutland
Mothercare Unit of Clinical Genetics, Institute of Child Health, London, UK
Nat Genet 9:173-6. 1995Mutations in the fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) gene have been identified in Crouzon syndrome, an autosomal dominant condition causing premature fusion of the cranial sutures (craniosynostosis)...
- Jackson-Weiss and Crouzon syndromes are allelic with mutations in fibroblast growth factor receptor 2E W Jabs
Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 3914
Nat Genet 8:275-9. 1994..Recently mutations in fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) have been found in patients with another craniosynostotic syndrome, Crouzon syndrome...
- Mutations in the fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 gene cause Crouzon syndromeW Reardon
Mothercare Unit of Clinical Genetics and Fetal Medicine, Institute of Child Health, London, UK
Nat Genet 8:98-103. 1994..We now present evidence that mutations in the fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 gene (FGFR2) cause Crouzon syndrome...
- Control of BEK and K-SAM splice sites in alternative splicing of the fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 pre-mRNAE Gilbert
INSERM U211, Institut de Biologie, Centre Hospitalier Régional de Nantes, France
Mol Cell Biol 13:5461-8. 1993The fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 gene pre-mRNA can be spliced by using either the K-SAM exon or the BEK exon. The exon chosen has a profound influence on the ligand-binding specificity of the receptor obtained...
- FGFR2 exon IIIa and IIIc mutations in Crouzon, Jackson-Weiss, and Pfeiffer syndromes: evidence for missense changes, insertions, and a deletion due to alternative RNA splicingG A Meyers
Center for Medical Genetics, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD 21287 3914, USA
Am J Hum Genet 58:491-8. 1996b>Fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) mutations have been associated with the craniosynostotic conditions Crouzon, Jackson-Weiss, and Pfeiffer syndromes...
- Genotype-phenotype correlation for nucleotide substitutions in the IgII-IgIII linker of FGFR2M Oldridge
Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, UK
Hum Mol Genet 6:137-43. 1997Dominantly acting, allelic mutations of the fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) gene have been described in five craniosynostosis syndromes...
- Differential expression of the fibroblast growth factor receptor (FGFR) multigene family in normal human adult tissuesS E Hughes
Division of Histopathology, United Medical and Dental Schools, London, United Kingdom
J Histochem Cytochem 45:1005-19. 1997..a systematic analysis of the expression of the fibroblast growth factor receptor (FGFR) multigene family (FGFR1, FGFR2, FGFR3, and FGFR4) in archival serial sections of normal human adult tissues representing the major organ systems, ..
- The mutations in FGFR2-associated craniosynostoses are clustered in five structural elements of immunoglobulin-like domain III of the receptorD Steinberger
Institut fur Humangenetik, Justus Liebig Universitat, Giessen, Germany
Hum Genet 102:145-50. 1998Exons 5 and 7 of the fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) gene code for immunoglobulin-like domain III (IgIII) and for the region connecting the second and the third Ig domain of the receptor...
- Characterization of recombinant human fibroblast growth factor (FGF)-10 reveals functional similarities with keratinocyte growth factor (FGF-7)M Igarashi
Derald H Ruttenberg Cancer Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Biol Chem 273:13230-5. 1998..is unique among FGFs in that it binds and signals only through the FGF receptor (FGFR2b) isoform KGF receptor (KGFR) expressed specifically by epithelial cells...
- A novel FGFR2 gene mutation in Crouzon syndrome associated with apparent nonpenetranceE T Everett
Department of Oral Facial Development, Indiana University School of Dentistry, Indianapolis 46202, USA
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 36:533-41. 1999To determine whether specific mutations within the fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) gene that are associated with Crouzon syndrome can be present in an individual who had been assumed to be "clinically normal."
- Crystal structures of two FGF-FGFR complexes reveal the determinants of ligand-receptor specificityA N Plotnikov
Department of Pharmacology, New York University School of Medicine, New York 10016, USA
Cell 101:413-24. 2000..with the ligand binding domains (immunoglobulin-like domains 2 [D2] and 3 [D3]) of FGF receptor 1 (FGFR1) and FGFR2, respectively...
- Clustering of FGFR2 gene mutations inpatients with Pfeiffer and Crouzon syndromes (FGFR2-associated craniosynostoses)W Kress
Department of Human Genetics, University of Wurzburg, Germany
Cytogenet Cell Genet 91:134-7. 2000..Mutations in FGFR2 were identified in 25 Crouzon and 5 Pfeiffer syndrome patients, whereas no sequence alterations were found in the ..
- Mutations in fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 and fibroblast growth factor receptor 3 genes associated with human gastric and colorectal cancersJ H Jang
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Cancer Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul 110 744, Korea
Cancer Res 61:3541-3. 2001..Here we report two identical mutations in FGFR2 that cause craniosynostosis syndromes, Crouzon, Apert, and Pfeiffer in gastric carcinoma...
- Structural basis for fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 activation in Apert syndromeO A Ibrahimi
Department of Pharmacology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:7182-7. 2001..Two activating mutations, Ser-252 --> Trp and Pro-253 --> Arg, in fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) account for nearly all known cases of AS...
- Genomic screening of fibroblast growth-factor receptor 2 reveals a wide spectrum of mutations in patients with syndromic craniosynostosisShih hsin Kan
Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, The John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford, United Kingdom
Am J Hum Genet 70:472-86. 2002..of three members of the fibroblast growth-factor-receptor family of signal-transduction molecules-namely, FGFR1, FGFR2, and FGFR3-contribute significantly to disorders of bone patterning and growth...
- The endocytic pathway followed by the keratinocyte growth factor receptorFrancesca Belleudi
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale e Patologia, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, Viale Regina Elena 324, 00161 Rome, Italy
Histochem Cell Biol 118:1-10. 2002..activates a receptor tyrosine kinase, the KGF receptor (KGFR), which is a splicing variant of the fibroblast growth factor receptor 2. The endocytic pathway followed by KGF and its receptor was analyzed here using immunofluorescence ..
- Inhibition of human bladder tumour cell growth by fibroblast growth factor receptor 2b is independent of its kinase activity. Involvement of the carboxy-terminal region of the receptorIsabelle Bernard-Pierrot
UMR144, CNRS Institut Curie, Section de Recherche, 26 Rue d Ulm, 75248 Paris Cedex, France
Oncogene 23:9201-11. 2004The b isoform of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2, FGFR2b/FGFR2-IIIb/Ksam-IIC1/KGFR, a tyrosine kinase receptor, is expressed in a wide variety of epithelia and is downregulated in several human carcinomas including prostate, salivary ..
- Analysis of mutations in fibroblast growth factor (FGF) and a pathogenic mutation in FGF receptor (FGFR) provides direct evidence for the symmetric two-end model for FGFR dimerizationOmar A Ibrahimi
Department of Pharmacology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10016, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:671-84. 2005..Additionally, structural and biochemical analysis of an activating FGFR2 mutation resulting in Pfeiffer syndrome confirms the physiological significance of receptor-receptor contacts in ..
- Gain-of-function amino acid substitutions drive positive selection of FGFR2 mutations in human spermatogoniaAnne Goriely
Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Oxford, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DS, United Kingdom
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:6051-6. 2005..C>G transversions at position 755 of FGF receptor 2 (FGFR2) cause Apert syndrome; this mutation, encoding the gain-of-function substitution Ser252Trp, occurs with a birth ..
- Differential signal transduction of alternatively spliced FGFR2 variants expressed in human mammary epithelial cellsAllison B Moffa
Cellular and Molecular Biology Graduate Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Cell Physiol 210:720-31. 2007Gene amplification and protein overexpression of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) characterize the SUM-52 breast cancer cell line developed in our laboratory...
- Enhanced expression of keratinocyte growth factor and its receptor correlates with venous invasion in pancreatic cancerKazumitsu Cho
Department of Integrative Pathology, Graduate School of Medicine, Nippon Medical School, 1 1 5 Sendagi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8602, Japan
Am J Pathol 170:1964-74. 2007Keratinocyte growth factor (KGF) and KGF receptor (KGFR) have been implicated in cancer growth as well as tissue development and repair...
- Frequent activating FGFR2 mutations in endometrial carcinomas parallel germline mutations associated with craniosynostosis and skeletal dysplasia syndromesP M Pollock
Cancer and Cell Biology Division, Translational Genomics Research Institute, Phoenix, AZ, USA
Oncogene 26:7158-62. 2007..We have identified a total of 11 different FGFR2 mutations in 3/10 (30%) of endometrial cell lines and 19/187 (10%) of primary uterine tumors...
- A genome-wide association study identifies alleles in FGFR2 associated with risk of sporadic postmenopausal breast cancerDavid J Hunter
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Nat Genet 39:870-4. 2007..We identified four SNPs in intron 2 of FGFR2 (which encodes a receptor tyrosine kinase and is amplified or overexpressed in some breast cancers) that were ..
- The cancer/testis antigen melanoma-associated antigen-A3/A6 is a novel target of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2-IIIb through histone H3 modifications in thyroid cancerTetsuo Kondo
Department of Pathology, Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 13:4713-20. 2007..We reported recently that FGF receptor 2 (FGFR2) is down-regulated through extensive DNA promoter methylation in thyroid cancer...
- Keratinocyte growth factor receptor ligands target the receptor to different intracellular pathwaysFrancesca Belleudi
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, Viale Regina Elena 324, 00161 Roma, Italy
Traffic 8:1854-72. 2007The keratinocyte growth factor receptor (KGFR)/fibroblast growth factor receptor 2b is activated by high-affinity-specific interaction with two different ligands, keratinocyte growth factor (KGF)/fibroblast growth factor (FGF)7 and FGF10/..
- Involvement of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 isoform switching in mammary oncogenesisJiyoung Y Cha
Department of Pharmacology, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7295, USA
Mol Cancer Res 6:435-45. 2008We identified the IIIb C2 epithelial cell-specific splice variant of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2 IIIb C2) receptor tyrosine kinase in a screen for activated oncogenes expressed in T-47D human breast carcinoma cells...
- Common breast cancer-predisposition alleles are associated with breast cancer risk in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriersAntonis C Antoniou
Cancer Research UK, Genetic Epidemiology Unit, Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge, UK
Am J Hum Genet 82:937-48. 2008..A recent genome-wide association study has shown that common alleles at single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in FGFR2 (rs2981582), TNRC9 (rs3803662), and MAP3K1 (rs889312) are associated with increased breast cancer risks in the ..
- Heterogeneity of breast cancer associations with five susceptibility loci by clinical and pathological characteristicsMontserrat Garcia-Closas
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Rockville, Marylan, United States of America
PLoS Genet 4:e1000054. 2008..study recently identified single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in five loci (fibroblast growth receptor 2 (FGFR2), trinucleotide repeat containing 9 (TNRC9), mitogen-activated protein kinase 3 K1 (MAP3K1), 8q24, and lymphocyte-..
- Allele-specific up-regulation of FGFR2 increases susceptibility to breast cancerKerstin B Meyer
Cancer Research UK, Cambridge Research Institute, Li Ka Shing Centre, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS Biol 6:e108. 2008The recent whole-genome scan for breast cancer has revealed the FGFR2 (fibroblast growth factor receptor 2) gene as a locus associated with a small, but highly significant, increase in the risk of developing breast cancer...
- FGFR2 is a breast cancer susceptibility gene in Jewish and Arab Israeli populationsLeon Raskin
Department of of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan Medical School and School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:1060-5. 2008Genetic variation in FGFR2 is a newly described risk factor for breast cancer...
- Immunohistochemical expression of basic fibroblast growth factor and fibroblast growth factor receptors 1 and 2 in the pathogenesis of lung cancerCarmen Behrens
Department of Thoracic Head and Neck Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Clin Cancer Res 14:6014-22. 2008....
- Loss-of-function fibroblast growth factor receptor-2 mutations in melanomaMichael G Gartside
Division of Cancer and Cell Biology, Translational Genomics Research Institute, Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA
Mol Cancer Res 7:41-54. 2009We report that 10% of melanoma tumors and cell lines harbor mutations in the fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) gene...
- FGFR2 variants and breast cancer risk: fine-scale mapping using African American studies and analysis of chromatin conformationMiriam S Udler
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge, UK
Hum Mol Genet 18:1692-703. 2009Genome-wide association studies have identified FGFR2 as a breast cancer (BC) susceptibility gene in populations of European and Asian descent, but a causative variant has not yet been conclusively identified...
- ESRP1 and ESRP2 are epithelial cell-type-specific regulators of FGFR2 splicingClaude C Warzecha
Department of Medicine, Renal Division, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mol Cell 33:591-601. 2009Cell-type-specific expression of epithelial and mesenchymal isoforms of Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor 2 (FGFR2) is achieved through tight regulation of mutually exclusive exons IIIb and IIIc, respectively...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor 2-positive fibroblasts provide a suitable microenvironment for tumor development and progression in esophageal carcinomaChunyu Zhang
Department of Surgery, State Key Laboratory of Oncology in Southern China, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, China
Clin Cancer Res 15:4017-27. 2009..The aim of the present study was to investigate the specific role of TF in the esophageal cancer microenvironment...
- Association of FGFR2 gene polymorphisms with the risk of breast cancer in population of West SiberiaUljana A Boyarskikh
Pharmacogenomics Group, Institute of Chemical Biology and Fundamental Medicine, Novosibirsk, Russia
Eur J Hum Genet 17:1688-91. 2009Polymorphisms within intron 2 of the FGFR2 gene have been associated with increased risk of breast cancer (BC) in European and Asian populations...
- FGFR2 intronic polymorphisms interact with reproductive risk factors of breast cancer: results of a case control study in JapanTakakazu Kawase
Division of Epidemiology and Prevention, Aichi Cancer Center, Nagoya 464 8681, Japan
Int J Cancer 125:1946-52. 2009..2 genome-wide association studies demonstrated that single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of the fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) gene at intron 2 are significantly associated with the risk of female breast cancer...
- Rashmi Bansal; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Morphogenesis and function of the cerebral cortexFlora M Vaccarino; Fiscal Year: 2013..Pilot data suggest that Fgf receptor 2 (Fgfr2) during embryogenesis increases the number of "intermediate" progenitors in the SVZ, which in turn is associated ..
- MARJA MARIE HURLEY; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTOR RECEPTORS IN CRANIOSYNOSTOSISETHYLIN JABS; Fiscal Year: 1999..Mutational analysis of candidate genes in this region revealed mutations in the Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor 2 gene (FGFR2) in all four of these conditions...
- The role of FGF signaling in suppressing astrogliosisJean M Hebert; Fiscal Year: 2012..address the function of FGF signaling in the adult cerebrum, we conditionally deleted floxed alleles of Fgfr1 and Fgfr2 in an Fgfr3 null background...
- Jacob V P Eswarakumar; Fiscal Year: 2014..Dominant gain-of-function mutations in the fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) account for the majority of the human craniosynostosis syndromes including Crouzon, ..
- PHENOGENETICS OF SKULL AND BRAIN INTEGRATION IN CRANIOSYNOSTOSISJOAN THERESE RICHTSMEIER; Fiscal Year: 2012..of cases of coronal craniosynostosis and Apert, Crouzon and Pfeiffer syndromes and micro-CT and micro-MR of two Fgfr2 mouse models for these syndromes...
- FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTORS IN INFLAMMATORY BOWEL DISEASESteven Cohn; Fiscal Year: 2002..10 transgenic mice after administration of OVA peptide. ..
- Feedback Inhibitory Mechanisms in Skeletal DevelopmentRobert E Friesel; Fiscal Year: 2011..Activating mutations in human FGFR1, FGFR2, and FGFRS are associated with skeletal dysplasias including craniosynostosis and dwarfing syndromes...
- Moosa Mohammadi; Fiscal Year: 2016..Since substrate recruitment and phosphorylation by RTKs is a general event in RTK signaling, the mechanistic insights gained under Aim IV will also be directly applicable to the entire RTK superfamily. ..
- John Y L Chiang; Fiscal Year: 2016..The long-term objectives of this research are to elucidate the molecular mechanism of regulation of CYP7A1 and bile acid metabolism, and pathogenesis and treatment of metabolic diseases such as fatty liver disease, diabetes and obesity. ..
- Phosphotyrosine signaling pathways controlling tracheal tube geometryKAI G ZINN; Fiscal Year: 2013..We can also analyze tyrosine phosphorylation of the proteins and determine if they physically interact with each other in the embryo. ..
- Growth Factor Signaling in Intestinal DevelopmentSteven Cohn; Fiscal Year: 2009..The operant FGFR3 signaling pathways in intestinal epithelial cell lines, especially those impinging on TCF-4, will be investigated using a combination of biochemical and molecular approaches. ..
- ENDOTHELIAL CELL SENESCENCE GENESThomas Maciag; Fiscal Year: 2000..These studies should yield a better understanding of FGF-1 and precursor IL-1alpha signaling in HUVEC populations and firmly establish precursor IL-1alpha as a modifier of HUVEC senescence. ..
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF BILE ACID SYNTHESISJOHN CHIANG; Fiscal Year: 2009..Drugs targeting to nuclear receptor and signaling pathways, and miRNA antagomirs may be developed for treating metabolic liver diseases. ..
- John Y L Chiang; Fiscal Year: 2016..Drugs targeting to nuclear receptor and signaling pathways, and miRNA antagomirs may be developed for treating metabolic liver diseases. ..
- Analysis of the Role of Sprouty Genes in Tooth DevelopmentOphir Klein; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will also study the role of adult stem cells in teeth, which may help to lay the groundwork for efforts to build new teeth. ..
- David M Ornitz; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Heparan sulfate proteoglycans in aging and developmentGREGORY COLE; Fiscal Year: 2009..We predict that these proposed studies will provide important new insight into the function of agrin in the developing and aging nervous system. ..
- Michael J Econs; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- Lumicrine regulation of epididymal functionBarry T Hinton; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal is part of a long term goal to understand the mechanisms by which the epididymis maintains an optimal luminal microenvironment for sperm maturation and survival, and therefore male fertility. ..
- Kenneth E White; Fiscal Year: 2016..We expect our studies will provide novel, translational insight into rare, and common syndromes of altered FGF23 expression such as CKD-MBD, and into the basic biology of phosphate metabolism. ..
- CARLTON MATTHEW BATES; Fiscal Year: 2016..Furthermore, conditional deletion of Fgfr1 and Fgfr2 in the metanephric mesenchyme (MM) with a Pax3cre line led to renal dysgenesis...
- Amin S Ghabrial; Fiscal Year: 2016..3. To test the hypothesis that Polychaetoid and Too Many Leaders are downstream effectors of Notch signaling during tip cell competition. ..
- FGF Receptor in Myelin Function and DiseaseRashmi Bansal; Fiscal Year: 2012..Clarification of the role of FGF signaling in these processes can be expected to contribute to an informed clinical intervention to encourage remyelination and/or discourage demyelination. ..
- Studies of the Roles of Twist1 and E12 in Tooth MorphogenesisYongbo Lu; Fiscal Year: 2012..laboratory have shown that Twist1, together with its heterodimeric binding partner, E12, regulates FGF receptor 2 (Fgfr2) and Fgf10 promoter activities...
- PRODUCTION OF ALTERNATIVE FGF RECEPTOR FORMS IN TUMORSGilbert J Cote; Fiscal Year: 2010..A better understanding of this process may shed light on the transformation of astrocytes and provide new targets for suppressing their malignant growth. ..
- High throughput assays for modulators of splicing switches during the EMTRUSS PAUL CARSTENS; Fiscal Year: 2011..A change in fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) splicing occurs during the EMT and using an innovative luciferase-based splicing reporter ..
- FRS2-mediated Signals in Prostatic Tumorigenesis and DevelopmentFen Wang; Fiscal Year: 2013..linking the FGFR kinases to downstream signaling targets, which is differentially phosphorylated by the FGFR1 and FGFR2 kinases in prostate epithelial cells...
- NIAMS: CORTThomas O Carpenter; Fiscal Year: 2010..Most importantly the CORT will provide a successful working model of translational research for Yale and the wider biomedical academic community. ..
- Jean M Hebert; Fiscal Year: 2016..In Aim 3, we determine whether and how Foxg1 participates in regulating Cdkn1a transcription in early telencephalic cells in vivo and whether Foxg1, Smad4, and Cdkn1a genetically interact. ..
- Developing Neuroendocrine Brain, Androgen, and Fibroblast Growth Factor SignalingWILSON CHUNG; Fiscal Year: 2010..Therefore, novel insights in how FGF expression is regulated by testosterone may help us better understand the mechanisms involved in the onset of Kallmann syndrome. ..
- David M Ornitz; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- WNTs, FGFs, and BMPs Induce and Maintain the TelencephalonJean M Hebert; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Alternative splicing and epithelial-mesenchymal plasticity in prostate tumorsMARIANO A GARCIABLANCO; Fiscal Year: 2013In epithelial cells alternative splicing of fibroblast growth factor receptor-2 (FGFR2) transcripts leads to the expression of the FGFR2(IIIb) isoform, whereas in mesenchymal cells the same process results in the synthesis of FGFR2(IIIc)..
- The role of FGF8 during cardiovascular developmentAnne M Moon; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Developing Neuroendocrine Brain, Androgen, and Fibroblast Growth Factor SignalingWILSON CHUNG; Fiscal Year: 2013..The department of Biological Sciences has provided research facilities and guaranteed start-up funding. Furthermore, Dr. Chung is allowed to spend 75% of his time in order to establish his research program. ..
- STROMAL INFLUENCES ON BREAST CANCER PROGRESSIONSANDRA MCLESKEY; Fiscal Year: 1999..Transcription of such genes might be an important downstream event of FGFR stimulation and the protein products of such genes might be important in determining the phenotype of the tumor. ..
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATION BY FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTORDwight Towler; Fiscal Year: 2001..We propose to identify protein-DNA interactions and kinase cascades conferring FGFR1/FGFR2-regulated gene expression in osteoblasts, using osteocalcin (OC) and interstitial collagenase (MMP) FGF response ..
- CELLULAR COMMUNICATION IN MORPHOGENESISMark Krasnow; Fiscal Year: 2003..Mutant clones that fail to attract are presumably unable to respond to hypoxia. A variation of the well established FLP/FRT system that allows examination of clones in living larvae is suggested for this purpose. ..
- FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTOR RECEPTOR IN EARLY DEVELOPMENTThomas Musci; Fiscal Year: 1992..Understanding the early molecular events that direct differentiation pathways and control embryonic development is essential to the full understanding of the pathogenesis of these conditions...
- FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTORS AND STRIATED MUSCLEJUDITH SWAIN; Fiscal Year: 2001..The analysis of these transgenic mice is anticipated to elucidate the role of these heparin binding growth factors in cardiac and skeletal muscle development. ..
- FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTORS AND STRIATED MUSCLEJUDITH SWAIN; Fiscal Year: 1993..The analysis of these transgenic mice is anticipated to elucidate the role of these heparin binding growth factors in cardiac and skeletal muscle development...
- REGULATION OF FGF RECEPTOR SPLICING IN PROSTATE CANCERRuss Carstens; Fiscal Year: 2007..Maintenance of this pathway requires mutually exclusive splicing of fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) exons IIIb and IIIc to yield FGFR2-IIIb in epithelial cells and FGFR2-IIIc in mesenchymal (..
- FGF receptor signaling specificity in C.elegansMICHAEL KOELLE; Fiscal Year: 2007..In this way, we will gain a clearer understanding of how specific responses are elicited by the activation of FGF receptors. ..
- Monoclonal Antibody to FGF Receptor 2 for Treatment of Gastric and Other CancersK Jin Kim; Fiscal Year: 2009..is to characterize monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) that bind and block the Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF) Receptor 2 (FGFR2) for potential use in cancer therapy...
- A Novel Mitigation Agent for Gastrointestinal Syndrome of Acute Radiation InjuryLurong Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of these pre-clinical studies will provide the basis for eventual approval through the animal rule. A preliminary drug development plan has already been discussed with the FDA. ..
- ANGIOTENSIN REGULATION OF GENE EXPRESSIONMICHAL STACHOWIAK; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- Potential of a dominant-negative FGF mutant as a therapeutic in cancerYoshikazu Takada; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Wei Hsu; Fiscal Year: 2016....
- Regulation of Cranial Suture Development by TGF-Beta and Fibroblast Growth FactorArun Gosain; Fiscal Year: 2007..in numerous human craniosynostosis syndromes, with the majority of these syndromes implicating FGF receptors 2 (FGFR2). However, the precise role of TGF-beta1 and FGF-2 in cranial suture development has not been explained...
- FGF RECEPTOR SIGNALING IN BONE DEVELOPMENTJoseph Schlessinger; Fiscal Year: 2009..Gene inactivation experiments in mice have shown that FGFR2 and FGFR3 play an important role in bone development...
- FGFR2 IN SKELETOGENESIS--MUTATIONAL ANALYSIS IN MICEHYUN DUCK NAH CEDERQUIST; Fiscal Year: 2002..Recent genetic studies have linked various activating mutations in the fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2) gene to a subset of craniosynostosis syndromes, which have in common craniofacial skeletal ..
- Role of endocytosis by the neural crest in cardio-craniofacial developmentANNA LUISE KEYTE; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Role of receptor tyrosine kinase signaling in branching morphogenesisPENGFEI PAUL LU; Fiscal Year: 2010..Thus, Specific Aim 1 is to analyze the role of FGFR2 in the mammary epithelium during postnatal branching morphogenesis...
- Douglas G Burrin; Fiscal Year: 2015..These studies in premature pigs are highly translational and will lead to new clinical practices in nutritional support and prevention of liver disease in infants. ..
- Inorganic phosphate regulated proliferation, transformation and tumorigenesisGeorge R Beck; Fiscal Year: 2013..This proposal will investigate the role of dietary inorganic phosphate in cancer initiation, promotion and progression. ..
- Marc R Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2015..Our work will provide fundamental knowledge about how astrocytes develop and regulate their growth in the brain, and is expected to provide critical insights into how defects in astrocyte growth or function cause disease. ..
- FGF in sensory system developmentOLIVIA MARY BERMINGHAM MCDONOGH; Fiscal Year: 2010..Moreover, a better understanding of the molecular pathways regulating normal development will be critical for rational strategies for hair cell replacement and regeneration in adult onset deafness. ..
- EMT, Extravasation and metastasis by N-Cadherin signalingRachel B Hazan; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will rule out the role of N-cadherin adhesion in this process. We believe these studies will broaden our understanding of mechanisms that regulate breast cancer metastasis and will provide insights into therapeutic application. ..
- Zebrafish Jaw Morphogenesis: Understanding Development Beyond the EmbryoCRAIG ALBERTSON; Fiscal Year: 2010..PUBLIC HEALTH RELEVANCE: This proposal seeks to understand post-embryonic craniofacial development in an important model system - the zebrafish - by combining experimental embryology with statistical shape analyses. ..
- Dermatan sulfate and its role in tissue repairKatherine Radek; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finding a dependence for DS by the essential FGFR2-IIIB ligands would predict that a disorder of DS synthesis or degradation would disrupt normal wound repair...
- REGULATION OF CRANIALSUTURE MORPHOGENESISRoy Ogle; Fiscal Year: 2002..FGFR1 and FGFR2, negatively regulate growth of the bones and fibrous tissues, respectively...
- Defective nuclear FGFR1 signaling - a new model for PDMICHAL STACHOWIAK; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- REGULATION OF FGF ACTIVITY BY FGF RECEPTOR SIGNALINGPamela Maher; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- Oligodendrocyte Differentiation and Myelin BiogenesisRashmi Bansal; Fiscal Year: 2007..RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page .................................................................................................................................................. 1 Description, ..