Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GJC1
Description: gap junction protein gamma 1
Alias: CX45, GJA7, gap junction gamma-1 protein, CTC-296K1.4, connexin-45, gap junction alpha-7 protein, gap junction protein, gamma 1, 45kDa
Publications177 found, 100 shown here
- Connexin45 directly binds to ZO-1 and localizes to the tight junction region in epithelial MDCK cellsP J Kausalya
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Epithelial Cell Biology Laboratory, Singapore
FEBS Lett 505:92-6. 2001..b>Cx45 interacts with the PDZ domains of ZO-1 and ZO-3, but not ZO-2, via a short C-terminal PDZ binding motif (SVWI)...
- Ultrastructural localization of connexins (Cx36, Cx43, Cx45), glutamate receptors and aquaporin-4 in rodent olfactory mucosa, olfactory nerve and olfactory bulbJohn E Rash
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, 80523, USA
J Neurocytol 34:307-41. 2005..With mRNA for connexins Cx36, Cx43 and Cx45 detected within ORN somata and Cx36 and Cx43 proteins reported in ORN somata and axons, abundant gap junctions were ..
- Alpha-1-adrenoceptor subtype selective regulation of connexin 43 expression in rat cardiomyocytesDiana Marcela Rojas Gomez
Clinic for Cardiac Surgery, University of Leipzig, Struempellstr 39, 04289 Leipzig, Germany
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 377:77-85. 2008..Phenylephrine led to enhanced Cx43 expression with a pEC50 8.00+/-0.06. The other cardiac connexins, Cx40 and Cx45, as well as GAPDH were not affected...
- mRNA expression pattern of multiple members of connexin gene family in normal and abnormal fetal gonads in mouseSubhash C Juneja
Department of Zoology, The University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Indian J Physiol Pharmacol 47:147-56. 2003..The mRNA expression pattern of connexins (Cx26, Cx30.3, Cx31, Cx31.1, Cx32, Cx37, Cx40, Cx43, Cx45, Cx46 and Cx50) was analyzed by RT-PCR...
- Calcium-activated potassium channel and connexin expression in small mesenteric arteries from eNOS-deficient (eNOS-/-) and eNOS-expressing (eNOS+/+) miceLisa Ceroni
Smooth Muscle Research Group, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 4N1
Eur J Pharmacol 560:193-200. 2007..that the expression levels of SK, IK, as well as vascular connexins, notably 37, 40 and 43 but, potentially, connexin 45, would show correlation with the contribution of EDHF to acetylcholine-mediated vasodilatation as well as, in ..
- Intercellular communication in the immune system: differential expression of connexin40 and 43, and perturbation of gap junction channel functions in peripheral blood and tonsil human lymphocyte subpopulationsE Oviedo-Orta
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Wales Heart Research Institute, University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff, UK
Immunology 99:578-90. 2000..lymphocytes, but Cx40 mRNA expression was confined to tonsil-derived T and B lymphocytes; Cx26, Cx32, Cx37 and Cx45 were not detected by reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR)...
- Gap junctions contain different amounts of cholesterol which undergo unique sequestering processes during fiber cell differentiation in the embryonic chicken lensSondip K Biswas
Depatment of Anatomy and Neurobiology, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30310, USA
Mol Vis 13:345-59. 2007..The possible mechanism by which cholesterol is removed from gap junction plaques is also investigated...
- Chronic regulation of the expression of gap junction proteins connexin40, connexin43, and connexin45 in neonatal rat cardiomyocytesAida Salameh
Medizinische Klinik I, Abteilung Kardiologie, Universitätsklinik Leipzig, Johannisallee 32, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Eur J Pharmacol 503:9-16. 2004..connexin40 (Cx40) is expressed in the atria and in the conduction system [together with low levels of connexin45 (Cx45)]...
- Connexin45-containing neuronal gap junctions in rodent retina also contain connexin36 in both apposing hemiplaques, forming bihomotypic gap junctions, with scaffolding contributed by zonula occludens-1Xinbo Li
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
J Neurosci 28:9769-89. 2008..particularly in the inner plexiform layer (IPL), where the two principal neuronal connexin proteins are Cx36 and Cx45. Currently undetermined are coupling relationships between these connexins and whether both are expressed together ..
- Alterations in connexin expression in the bladder of patients with urge symptomsJochen Neuhaus
Department of Urology, Clinic for Urology, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
BJU Int 96:670-6. 2005..of gap junctions between detrusor smooth muscle cells in situ and the distribution of connexin (Cx)40, Cx43 and Cx45 expressions in bladder biopsies from a control group (with bladder tumour) and from patients with urge symptoms, as ..
- Stimulation of lens cell differentiation by gap junction protein connexin 45.6Sumin Gu
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas 78229 3900, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:2103-11. 2003..The present study was undertaken to explore the roles gap junctions play in lens epithelial cell differentiation...
- Multiple members of the connexin gene family participate in preimplantation development of the mouseT C Davies
Department of Zoology, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Dev Genet 18:234-43. 1996..They can be divided into two groups with respect to the timing of mRNA accumulation: Cx31, Cx43, and Cx45 mRNAs accumulate continuously from the two- or four-cell stage, whereas Cx30.3, Cx31...
- Electrical synapses--gap junctions in the brainCarola Meier
Department of Neuroanatomy and Molecular Brain Research, Ruhr University Bochum, Germany
Results Probl Cell Differ 43:99-128. 2006..We outline the distribution of Cx36 as well as two other neuronal connexins (Cx57 and Cx45) in the nervous system, describing their spatial and temporal expression patterns...
- Immunochemical characterization of the gap junction protein connexin45 in mouse kidney and transfected human HeLa cellsA Butterweck
Institut für Genetik Abteilung Molekulargenetik, Universitat, Bonn, Germany
J Membr Biol 141:247-56. 1994Antibodies to the gap junction protein connexin45 (Cx45) were obtained by immunizing rabbits with fusion protein consisting of glutathione S-transferase and 138 carboxy-terminal amino acids of mouse Cx45...
- Gap junction remodeling associated with cholesterol redistribution during fiber cell maturation in the adult chicken lensSondip K Biswas
Department of Neurobiology, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30310, USA
Mol Vis 15:1492-508. 2009..We also evaluated the hypothesis that the cleavage of the COOH-terminus of chick Cx50 (formerly Cx45.6) during fiber cell maturation would affect the gap junction remodeling.
- Molecular cloning and developmental expression of two chick embryo gap junction proteinsE C Beyer
Edward Mallinckrodt Department of Pediatrics, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110
J Biol Chem 265:14439-43. 1990..They may provide a mechanism for the formation of communication compartments in the developing myocardium...
- Permeability of homotypic and heterotypic gap junction channels formed of cardiac connexins mCx30.2, Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45Mindaugas Rackauskas
Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H1729-36. 2007..The anionic divalent dye Lucifer yellow (LY) remained permeant in Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45 channels, but transfer through mCx30.2 channels was not detected...
- Identification and expression analysis of connexin-45 and connexin-60 as major connexins in porcine oocytesM Nitta
Graduate School of Biological Sciences, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Ikoma, Nara, Japan
J Anim Sci 88:3269-79. 2010..We demonstrate that there is diversity in the connexin genes expressed in mammalian oocytes, and hence in the gap junctions connecting oocytes and cumulus cells...
- Expression of connexin 45 in the olfactory systemChunbo Zhang
Department of Cellular and Structural Biology, Neuroscience Program and the Rocky Mountain Taste and Smell Center, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 E Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Brain Res 929:37-47. 2002Gap junctions represent an important mode of intercellular communication. Connexin 45 (Cx45) is a member of the connexin family that forms gap junctions between adjacent cells...
- Differential expression of connexins during histogenesis of the chick retinaA H Kihara
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Institute of Biomedical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Dev Neurobiol 68:1287-302. 2008..Herein, we analyzed Cx43, Cx45, Cx50, and Cx56 expression during chick retinal histogenesis...
- Connexins and the kidneyFiona Hanner
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Zilkha Neurogenetic Institute, University of Southern California, 1501 San Pablo St, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 298:R1143-55. 2010..In the renal vasculature, Cx37, Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45 are expressed, with predominant expression of Cx40 in the endothelial cells and Cx45 in the vascular smooth muscle ..
- Interactions of connexins with other membrane channels and transportersMarc Chanson
Department of Pediatrics, Geneva University Hospitals, Geneva, Switzerland
Prog Biophys Mol Biol 94:233-44. 2007..Moreover, a direct interaction between Cx45.6 and the Major Intrinsic Protein/AQP0 in lens appears to influence the process of cell differentiation whereas ..
- Comparison of connexin expression patterns in the developing mouse heart and human foetal heartSteven R Coppen
Cardiac Medicine, National Heart and Lung Institute, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College, Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK
Mol Cell Biochem 242:121-7. 2003..The expression of the three major connexins (Cx43, Cx40 and Cx45) present in cardiac myocytes is known to be developmentally regulated but it is not clear how the patterns in the ..
- Connexins and impulse propagation in the mouse heartJ Jalife
Department of Pharmacology, SUNY Health Science Center, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 10:1649-63. 1999..Three gap junction proteins, known as connexins, are expressed in the heart: Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45. Each of these proteins forms channels with unique biophysical and electrophysiologic properties, as well as ..
- Heteromeric mixing of connexins: compatibility of partners and functional consequencesE C Beyer
Department of Pediatrics, University of Chicago, IL 60637 1470, USA
Cell Commun Adhes 8:199-204. 2001..by Ni-NTA chromatography) to examine heteromeric mixing of Cx43 with other connexins (including Cx26, Cx37, Cx40, Cx45, and Cx56) in transfected cells...
- Up-regulation of connexin45 in heart failureKathryn A Yamada
Department of Medicine Cardiovascular Division, Center for Cardiovascular Research, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 14:1205-12. 2003..Other cardiac connexins may be altered as well. Because connexin45 (Cx45) has been shown to colocalize with Cx43, we determined whether the number, size, or distribution of Cx45 gap ..
- Interaction of major intrinsic protein (aquaporin-0) with fiber connexins in lens developmentX Sean Yu
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio, TX 78229 3900, USA
J Cell Sci 117:871-80. 2004..sections of the lens tissues showed that MIP(AQP0) consistently localized with gap junction plaques formed by Cx45.6 and Cx56 during the early stages of embryonic chick lens development...
- Contribution of connexins to the function of the vascular wallJacques Antoine Haefliger
Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital, 19 135S Centre Hospitalier Universitaire Vaudois, 1011 Lausanne, Switzerland
Cardiovasc Res 62:345-56. 2004..Connexin 37 (Cx37), Cx40 and Cx43, whereas the underlying smooth muscle cells may express Cx37, Cx40, Cx43 and Cx45. Moreover, myoendothelial gap junctions have also been shown to be involved in the regulation of vascular tone...
- Expression of connexins 36, 43, and 45 during postnatal development of the mouse retinaAlexandre Hiroaki Kihara
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Neurobiol 66:1397-410. 2006..The present study was undertaken to determine the distribution pattern of Cx36, Cx43, and Cx45 by immunofluorescence, as well as their gene expression levels by quantitative PCR during postnatal development of ..
- The extracellular matrix controls gap junction protein expression and function in postnatal hippocampal neural progenitor cellsSophie Imbeault
Neural Regeneration Laboratory and Ottawa Institute of Systems Biology, Dept of Biochemistry, Microbiology, and Immunology, University of Ottawa, ON, Canada
BMC Neurosci 10:13. 2009..It is not known how these two signalling systems interact. Here, we examined the role of ECM components in regulating connexin expression and function in postnatal hippocampal progenitor cells...
- Meclofenamic acid blocks electrical synapses of retinal AII amacrine and on-cone bipolar cellsMargaret Lin Veruki
University of Bergen, Department of Biomedicine, Jonas Lies vei 91, N 5009 Bergen, Norway
J Neurophysiol 101:2339-47. 2009..electrical synapses between AII amacrines and on-cone bipolar cells express Cx36 on the amacrine side and Cx36 or Cx45 on the bipolar side...
- Expression and modulation of connexin 30.2, a novel gap junction protein in the mouse retinaLuis Pérez de Sevilla Müller
Department of Neurobiology, University of Oldenburg, Oldenburg, Germany
Vis Neurosci 27:91-101. 2010..In retinal neurons, only connexin 36, connexin 45, connexin 50, and connexin 57 have been described so far...
- The detection of hamster connexins: a comparison of expression profiles with wild-type mouse and the cancer-prone Min mouseVéronique Cruciani
Department of Environmental and Occupational Cancer, Institute for Cancer Research, The Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Cell Commun Adhes 11:155-71. 2004..using tissues) and 16 connexins from the Chinese hamster cell line V79, were fully (Cx30, Cx31, Cx37, Cx43 and Cx45) or partially sequenced...
- Localization of heterotypic gap junctions composed of connexin45 and connexin36 in the rod pathway of the mouse retinaKarin Dedek
Department of Neurobiology, University of Oldenburg, D 26111 Oldenburg, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 24:1675-86. 2006..Two gap junctional proteins, connexin36 (Cx36) and connexin45 (Cx45), appear to play a pivotal role in this pathway because lack of either protein leads to an impairment of visual ..
- Implication of connexins 40 and 43 in functional coupling between mouse cardiac fibroblasts in primary cultureClaire Louault
Institut de Physiologie et Biologie Cellulaires, Universite de Poitiers, CNRS UMR 6187, 40 Avenue du Recteur Pineau, 86022 Poitiers Cedex, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1778:2097-104. 2008..show that mRNA and proteins of connexin40 and connexin43 are expressed in cultured cardiac fibroblasts, while Cx45 is not detected...
- Upregulation and maintenance of gap junctional communication in lens cellsBruce A Boswell
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology L224, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Exp Eye Res 88:919-27. 2009..We show here that Cx45.6 and Cx56, the chick orthologs of mammalian Cx50 and Cx46, behave similarly in DCDMLs...
- Electrotonic loading of anisotropic cardiac monolayers by unexcitable cells depends on connexin type and expression levelLuke C McSpadden
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 297:C339-51. 2009..These results signify connexin isoform and expression level as important contributors to potential electrical interactions between unexcitable cells and myocytes in cardiac tissue...
- Human and mouse microglia express connexin36, and functional gap junctions are formed between rodent microglia and neuronsK Dobrenis
Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Neurosci Res 82:306-15. 2005..Cxs tested, expression of Cx36 mRNA and protein was found in microglial cultures prepared from human and mouse, and Cx45 mRNA was found in mouse microglial cultures...
- Electrical propagation in synthetic ventricular myocyte strands from germline connexin43 knockout micePhilippe Beauchamp
Department of Physiology, University of Bern, Switzerland
Circ Res 95:170-8. 2004..The amount of Cx43, Cx45, and Cx40 in gap junctions was analyzed by immunohistochemistry and confocal microscopy...
- Downregulation of connexin 45 gene products during mouse heart developmentS Alcolea
Laboratoire de Genetique et Physiologie du Developpement, Institut de Biologie du Developpement de Marseille, CNRS INSERM AP Marseille Université de la Méditerranée, Campus de Luminy, Marseille
Circ Res 84:1365-79. 1999..Three members of this family have been demonstrated to be synthesized in the cardiomyocytes: Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45. In addition, each of them has been shown to form channels with unique and specific electrophysiological properties...
- Electrophysiologic properties and ventricular fibrillation in normal and myopathic heartsK M Kavanagh
Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 77:510-9. 1999..gap junctions and there was no detectable change in the expression of the gap junction proteins Cx43 and Cx45. Moderate myocardial dysfunction is associated with significant electrophysiological abnormalities in the absence ..
- Connexin43 null mice reveal that astrocytes express multiple connexinsR Dermietzel
Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Brain Res Brain Res Rev 32:45-56. 2000..Presence of Cx40 and Cx45 in brains and astrocytes cultured from both Cx43 (-/-) mice and wildtype littermates was confirmed by RT-PCR, ..
- Impaired conduction in the bundle branches of mouse hearts lacking the gap junction protein connexin40H V van Rijen
Department of Medical Physiology, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Circulation 103:1591-8. 2001Connexin (Cx)40 and Cx45 are the major protein subunits of gap junction channels in the conduction system of mammals...
- Growth-suppressive function of human connexin32 in a conditional immortalized mouse hepatocyte cell lineT Kojima
Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 37:589-98. 2001..of the gap junction proteins Cx26 and Cx32 that characterizes normal mouse hepatocytes, expressing instead Cx43 and Cx45 at minimal levels...
- Connexin45 interacts with zonula occludens-1 in osteoblastic cellsJ G Laing
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Cell Commun Adhes 8:209-12. 2001Connexin43 (Cx43) and Cx45 are co-expressed in a number of different tissues...
- Is the voltage gate of connexins CO2-sensitive? Cx45 channels and inhibition of calmodulin expressionC Peracchia
University of Rochester, School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, NY 14642 8711, USA
J Membr Biol 195:53-62. 2003The sensitivity of Cx45 channels to CO2, transjunctional voltage ( V(j)) and inhibition of calmodulin (CaM) expression was tested in oocytes by dual voltage clamp...
- Characterization of zebrafish Cx43.4 connexin and its channelsT Desplantez
Physiologisches Institut, Universitat Bern, Switzerland
Exp Physiol 88:681-90. 2003..4, an orthologue of mammalian and avian Cx45, and the electrophysiological properties of junctional channels formed by this protein...
- Cellular expression of connexins in the rat brain: neuronal localization, effects of kainate-induced seizures and expression in apoptotic neuronal cellsDaniele F Condorelli
Department of Chemical Sciences, Section of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Catania, Catania, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 18:1807-27. 2003..for neuronal markers, we provide evidence that, among cerebral connexins (Cx26, Cx32, Cx36, Cx37, Cx40, Cx43, Cx45 and Cx47), only Cx45 and Cx36 mRNAs are localized in neuronal cells in both developing and adult rat brain...
- Opposing effects of nitric oxide on different connexins expressed in the vascular systemP Kameritsch
Institute of Physiology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Germany
Cell Commun Adhes 10:305-9. 2003..In the vascular system, gap junctions can be formed by four different connexins (Cx37, Cx40, Cx43 and Cx45)...
- Gap junctions and the connexin protein familyGoran Sohl
Institut fur Genetik, Abteilung Molekulargenetik, Universitat Bonn, 53117 Bonn, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 62:228-32. 2004..Cx40 were demonstrated to be functionally expressed in mouse and human endothelial cells and Cx40, Cx43 as well as Cx45 in cardiomyocytes of both species...
- Transcriptional control of myocardial connexinsBirgit E J Teunissen
Department of Medical Physiology, University Medical Center Utrecht, P O Box 85060, 3508 AB Utrecht, The Netherlands
Cardiovasc Res 62:246-55. 2004..of cardiomyocytes through gap junction channels composed of connexin40 (Cx40), connexin43 (Cx43) or connexin45 (Cx45). Each of these connexin proteins has a characteristic developmental and regional expression pattern in the heart...
- Biophysical properties of homomeric and heteromultimeric channels formed by cardiac connexinsAlonso P Moreno
Krannert Institute of Cardiology, Indiana University School of Medicine, 1800 N Capitol Ave Suite 310, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Cardiovasc Res 62:276-86. 2004..g., cx43, cx45 or cx40...
- Expression of connexins in human preimplantation embryos in vitroDebra J Bloor
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, M13 9PT, UK
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 2:25. 2004..of polyA PCR and immunocytochemistry we have assessed the expression of Cx26, Cx31, Cx32, Cx40, Cx43 and Cx45 which are thought to be important in early rodent embryos...
- Dynamic model for ventricular junctional conductance during the cardiac action potentialXianming Lin
Department of Pharmacology, State University of New York Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York 13210, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 288:H1113-23. 2005..fluorescent micrographs and immunoblots detect prominent amounts of connexin (Cx)43 and lesser amounts of Cx40 and Cx45 proteins in cultured ventricular myocytes...
- CO(2) sensitivity of voltage gating and gating polarity of gapjunction channels--connexin40 and its COOH-terminus-truncated mutantC Peracchia
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Rochester School of Medicine, 601 Elmwood Ave, Rochester, NY 14642 8711, USA
J Membr Biol 200:105-13. 2004..is evidence that CO(2) decreases the V(j) sensitivity of Cx26, Cx50 and Cx37 as well, whereas it increases that of Cx45 and Cx32 channels...
- Dysregulation of connexins and inactivation of NFATc1 in the cardiovascular system of Nkx2-5 null mutantsLaurent Dupays
Laboratoire de Génétique et Physiologie du Développement UMR CNRS 6545, Institut de Biologie du Developpement de Marseille, Universite de la Mediterranee, 13288 Marseille Cedex 9, France
J Mol Cell Cardiol 38:787-98. 2005..due in part to the poor development of the ventricular trabecular network, as well as specific downregulation of Cx45 gene expression...
- Functional interaction between CFTR and Cx45 gap junction channels expressed in oocytesB A Kotsias
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Rochester School of Medicine, NY 14642 8711, USA
J Membr Biol 203:143-50. 2005..potential functional interactions between CFTR and gap junction channels, we have co-expressed CFTR and connexin45 (Cx45) in Xenopus oocytes and monitored junctional conductance and voltage sensitivity by dual voltage clamp ..
- Protein phosphatase modulation of the intercellular junctional communication: importance in cardiac myocytesJean Claude Hervé
UMR CNRS 6187, Faculté des Sciences Fondamentales et Appliquées, Universite de Poitiers, Poitiers, France
Prog Biophys Mol Biol 90:225-48. 2006..In mammalian hearts, cardiomyocytes most prominently express junctional channels built of three Cxs: Cx40, Cx43 and Cx45. As with the great majority of Cx, they are phosphoproteins and exist under different phosphorylated levels...
- Electrical coupling of fibroblasts and myocytes: relevance for cardiac propagationPeter Kohl
University Laboratory of Physiology, OX1 3PT Oxford, UK
J Electrocardiol 38:45-50. 2005..More recently, functional myocyte-fibroblast coupling (via connexin 45) has been demonstrated in situ for sinoatrial node pacemaker tissue, and preliminary immunohistochemical data ..
- Modulation of connexin43 alters expression of osteoblastic differentiation markersZhongyong Li
Division of Musculoskeletal Sciences, Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine 500 University Dr, Hershey, 17033, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 290:C1248-55. 2006..This suggests that other connexins, such as Cx45, which is expressed to a similar degree in hFOB/Cx43(-) cells and hFOB/pvc cells, contribute to cell-to-cell ..
- Physiology of cardiovascular gap junctionsToon A B van Veen
Department of Medical Physiology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Adv Cardiol 42:18-40. 2006..Between cardiomyocytes there exist gap junctions constructed from connexin40 (Cx40), Cx43 and Cx45. A fourth isoform, Cx37, is expressed in the endothelial lining...
- Expression of connexins in embryonic mouse neocortical developmentCima Cina
Department of Cellular and Physiological Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6T 1Z3, Canada
J Comp Neurol 504:298-313. 2007..and immunohistochemistry, we found that among the family of gap junction proteins, Cx26, Cx36, Cx37, Cx43, and Cx45 were expressed in the developing cortex of mice, Cx30 and Cx32 were absent, while Cx40 was expressed at a very low ..
- Changes of gap junctional cell-cell communication in overactive detrusor in ratsLongkun Li
Center of Urology, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 293:C1627-35. 2007..The two groups were compared by means of urodynamics, light and electron microscopy, expression of Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45 mRNA genes with RT-PCR, Cx43 protein with Western blot analysis, and functional intercellular communication with ..
- Is there a role for remodeled connexins in AF? No simple answersHeather S Duffy
Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 44:4-13. 2008..Cx40 is the primary, or most abundant, gap junction protein in atria although Cx43 is also abundantly expressed. Cx45 is also expressed in atria, although at low levels...
- Neonatal rat cardiomyocytes show characteristics of nonhomotypic gap junction channelsJan Sebastian Schulte
Institut fur Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, Universitatsklinikum Munster, Munster, Germany
Cell Commun Adhes 15:13-25. 2008Neonatal rat cardiomyocytes mainly coexpress the connexins Cx40, Cx43, and to a small amount Cx45, leading to potential formation of mixed (heteromeric/heterotypic) gap junction channels...
- Connexin43 expression levels influence intercellular coupling and cell proliferation of native murine cardiac fibroblastsYan Zhang
Department of Medicine, Cardiovascular Division and the Center for Cardiovascular Research, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Cell Commun Adhes 15:289-303. 2008..fibroblasts from adult mice and determined that although they expressed both connexin43 (Cx43) and connexin45 (Cx45), the relative abundance of Cx45 was greater than that of Cx43 in fibroblasts compared to myocytes, and the ..
- [Spatio-temporal expression of connexion (Cx) 40 and Cx45 in Cx43 knockout embryonic mouse hearts]Li Jian Xie
Pediatric Heart Center, Children s Hospital of Fudan University, Shanghai 201102, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89:686-9. 2009To investigate the spatio-temporal expression of connexin (Cx) 40 and Cx45 genes in Cx43 knockout embryonic mouse hearts.
- Ischemia alters the expression of connexins in the aged human brainTaizen Nakase
Department of Stroke Science, Research Institute for Brain and Blood Vessels Akita, 6 10 Senshu Kubota machi, Akita 010 0874, Japan
J Biomed Biotechnol 2009:147946. 2009..The results showed that the coexpression of Cx32 and Cx45 with neuronal markers was significantly increased in ischemic lesions...
- Transcriptional suppression of connexin43 by TBX18 undermines cell-cell electrical coupling in postnatal cardiomyocytesNidhi Kapoor
Cedars Sinai Heart Institute, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
J Biol Chem 286:14073-9. 2011..The repressor activity of TBX18 on Cx43 was highly specific; protein levels of Cx45 and Cx40, which comprise the main gap junctions in the SAN and conduction system, were unchanged by TBX18...
- Betamethasone, progesterone and RU-486 (mifepristone) exert similar effects on connexin expression in trophoblast-derived HTR-8/SVneo cellsF Cervellati
Department of Biology and Evolution, Section of General Physiology, University of Ferrara, Ferrara, Italy
Reprod Fertil Dev 23:319-28. 2011..the GRα isoform without affecting GRβ, and inhibiting Cx40 expression whilst increasing that of Cx43 and Cx45. Furthermore, betamethasone was shown to exert an inhibitory action on cell proliferation...
- Adrenergic control of cardiac gap junction function and expressionAida Salameh
Clinic for Paediatric Cardiology, Heart Centre, University of Leipzig, Strümpellstraße 39, 04289, Leipzig, Germany
Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol 383:331-46. 2011..In the heart, the connexin isoforms Cx43, Cx40 and Cx45 are present with Cx43 being the most abundant isoform...
- Influence of v5/6-His tag on the properties of gap junction channels composed of connexin43, connexin40 or connexin45Thomas Desplantez
Institute of Physiology, University of Bern, Buhlplatz 5, 3012 Bern, Switzerland
J Membr Biol 240:139-50. 2011..or connexin45 and connexins fused with a V5/6-His tag to the carboxyl terminus (CT) domain (Cx43-tag, Cx40-tag, Cx45-tag) were used to study connexin expression and the electrical properties of gap junction channels...
- Cytokine effects on gap junction communication and connexin expression in human bladder smooth muscle cells and suburothelial myofibroblastsMarco Heinrich
Department of Urology, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
PLoS ONE 6:e20792. 2011..Connexin (Cx) 43 and Cx45 are the most important gap junction proteins in bladder smooth muscle cells (hBSMC) and suburothelial ..
- A model of early human embryonic stem cell differentiation reveals inter- and intracellular changes on transition to squamous epitheliumVasiliy Galat
Developmental Biology Program, iPS and Human Stem Cell Core Facility, Children s Memorial Research Center, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60614 3394, USA
Stem Cells Dev 21:1250-63. 2012..functional activity of gap junctions and the down-regulation of 2 gap junction proteins, connexin 43 (Cx43) and connexin 45 (Cx45), which is coincidental with substantial elevation of intracellular Ca2+ levels...
- Cell-to-cell coupling in engineered pairs of rat ventricular cardiomyocytes: relation between Cx43 immunofluorescence and intercellular electrical conductanceMegan L McCain
Department of Physiology, University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 302:H443-50. 2012..Cx43 is the dominant Cx in ventricular myocardium, and Cx45 is present in trace amounts...
- Cell-cell communication in the kidney microcirculationCharlotte Mehlin Sorensen
Division of Renal and Cardiovascular Research, Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Microcirculation 19:451-60. 2012..In the ECs, Cx40 is the predominantly expressed Cx, whereas Cx45 is suggested to be expressed in the VSMCs...
- Localization of neurones expressing the gap junction protein Connexin45 within the adult spinal dorsal horn: a study using Cx45-eGFP reporter miceR J Chapman
Institute for Membrane and Systems Biology, University of Leeds, Leeds LS2 9JT, UK
Brain Struct Funct 218:751-65. 2013..In this study, a Cx45 reporter mouse model in which the Cx45 coding sequence is substituted for enhanced green fluorescent protein (eGFP) ..
- Connexin45 provides optimal atrioventricular nodal conduction in the adult mouse heartMarina Frank
LIMES Institute, Molecular Genetics, University of Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Circ Res 111:1528-38. 2012..In the adult hearts of mice and humans, the expression mainly is restricted to the cardiac conduction system. Cx45 plays an essential role for development and function of the embryonic heart because general and cardiomyocyte-..
- Overexpression of CXCL12 chemokine up-regulates connexin and integrin expression in mesenchymal stem cells through PI3K/Akt pathwayChi Xiaowei
The Second Affiliated Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, People s Republic of China
Cell Commun Adhes 20:67-72. 2013..Transfection resulted in increased CXCL12 in situ. Increased CXCL12 elevated membrane Cx43, Cx45, and integrin αVβ3 expression, as well as Cx phosphorylaton, which was activated by PI3K/Akt pathway...
- Connexin 43 is not essential for the control of renin synthesis and secretionMelanie Gerl
Physiologisches Institute, Universitat Regensburg, 93040, Regensburg, Germany
Pflugers Arch 466:1003-9. 2014..Among these, Cx40 plays a major role for the function of juxtaglomerular renin-expressing cells, while Cx37 and Cx45 appear to be less relevant in this context...
- Membrane connexin 43 acts as an independent prognostic marker in oral squamous cell carcinomaPhillipp Brockmeyer
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Goettingen, D 37075 Goettingen, Germany
Int J Oncol 45:273-81. 2014..059). No correlation was found between the Cx26, Cx45 expression and OS...
- Multiple roles of connexins in atherosclerosis- and restenosis-induced vascular remodellingSandrine Morel
Department of Pathology and Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland
J Vasc Res 51:149-61. 2014..The connexins expressed in the vascular wall are Cx37, Cx40, Cx43 and Cx45; their expressions vary with vascular territory and species...
- P117Co-expressed cardiac connexins: dependence on the Cx43:Cx40 ratio in regulating the gap junction channel make-up and electrical propertiesS Chaigne
Electrophysiology and Heart modeling Institute IHU LIRYC, INSERM U1045, University of Bordeaux, Cellular Electrophysiology, Pessac, France
Cardiovasc Res 103:S20. 2014..GJC are made of connexins Cx43, Cx40, Cx45 and Cx30...
- Neuregulin-1 increases connexin-40 and connexin-45 expression in embryonic stem cell-derived cardiomyocytesZhi Wang
Department of Cardiology, Nanjing Chest Hospital, 215 Guangzhou Road, Nanjing, 210029, China
Appl Biochem Biotechnol 174:483-93. 2014..Exposure to NRG-1 increased the expression of Cx40 and connexin-45 (Cx45) in ESCMs, while the expression of connexin-43 was unchanged regardless of NRG-1 treatment Western blot analysis ..
- Secondary structural analysis of the carboxyl-terminal domain from different connexin isoformsGaelle Spagnol
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, 68198
Biopolymers 105:143-62. 2016..in demonstrating the connexin isoforms that form the greatest amount of α-helical structure in their CT domain (Cx45 > Cx43 > Cx32 > Cx50 > Cx37 ≈ Cx40 ≈ Cx26)...
- Membrane channel gene expression in human costal and articular chondrocytesA Asmar
a Frank Reidy Research Center for Bioelectrics, Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA, USA
Organogenesis 12:94-107. 2016..Expression of the gap junction genes for Panx1, GJA1 (Cx43) and GJC1 (Cx45) was also observed in chondrocytes from all cartilage samples...
- Connexin hemichannels explain the ionic imbalance and lead to atrophy in denervated skeletal musclesBruno A Cisterna
Departamento de Fisiologia, Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Santiago, Chile Centro Interdisciplinario de Neurociencias de Valparaíso, Universidad de Valparaiso, Valparaiso, Chile Electronic address
Biochim Biophys Acta 1862:2168-2176. 2016..hemichannels formed by connexins (Cx HCs) in denervation-induced atrophy, skeletal myofibers deficient in Cx43 and Cx45 expression (Cx43fl/flCx45fl/fl:Myo-Cre mice) and control (Cx43fl/flCx45fl/fl
- Rapid upregulation of the hippocampal connexins 36 and 45 mRNA levels during memory consolidationSiamak Beheshti
Division of Animal Sciences, Department of Biology, Faculty of Sciences, University of Isfahan, Isfahan, Iran Electronic address
Behav Brain Res 320:85-90. 2016..In this study, the time profile of the expression levels of hippocampal connexins 36 and 45 (Cx36 and Cx45) mRNAs was measured during memory consolidation, in a passive avoidance paradigm...
- Cultured periodontal ligament fibroblasts express diverse connexinsYuji Yamaoka
Department of Oral Functional Science, Graduate School of Dental Medicine, Hokkaido University, N13 W7, Kita ku, 060 8586, Sapporo, Japan
Tissue Cell 34:375-80. 2002..At present, 15 types of Cxs are known to exist, and six of their antibodies, anti-Cx26, Cx32, Cx37, Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45 are commercially available...
- Role of connexins in human congenital heart disease: the chicken and egg problemAida Salameh
Clinic for Pediatric Cardiology, Heart Centre, University of Leipzig Leipzig, Germany
Front Pharmacol 4:70. 2013..In the heart, mainly three of them (Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45) are differentially expressed with regard to temporal organogenesis and to their spatial distribution in the heart...
- Expression and developmental regulation of gap junction connexins cx26, cx32, cx43 and cx45 in the rat midbrain-floorDoreen Siu Yi Leung
Neuroanatomy and Interdisciplinary Center for Neurosciences IZN, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 307, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Int J Dev Neurosci 20:63-75. 2002..We have investigated expression of cx26, cx32, cx43, and cx45 in the midbrain floor, where nigrostriatal dopaminergic neurons originate and differentiate...
- Gap junctional communication modulates agonist-induced calcium oscillations in transfected HeLa cellsGeorge C Lin
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, 660 South Euclid Avenue, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Cell Sci 117:881-7. 2004..In HeLa/Cx45 transfectants, UTP initiated calcium oscillations similar to those seen in HeLa cells (63% of cells), but HeLa/Cx46 ..
- Conductive and kinetic properties of connexin45 hemichannels expressed in transfected HeLa cellsP Bader
Department of Physiology, University of Bern, CH 3012, Bern, Switzerland
J Membr Biol 199:143-54. 2004Human HeLa cells transfected with mouse connexin Cx45 were used to examine the conductive and kinetic properties of Cx45 hemichannels. The experiments were carried out on single cells using a voltage-clamp method...
- Vascular gap junctions and implications for hypertensionNicole M Rummery
John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 31:659-67. 2004Four connexin (Cx) molecules, namely Cx37, Cx40, Cx43 and Cx45, are expressed in the gap junctions that exist within and between the cellular layers of arteries...
- Cardiac connexins: genes to nexusHeather S Duffy
Department of Neuroscience, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Adv Cardiol 42:1-17. 2006..Of the connexins, at least 5 (Cx30.2, Cx37, Cx40, Cx43 and Cx45) are prominently expressed in the heart and each shows regional and cell type specific expression...
- Block of specific gap junction channel subtypes by 2-aminoethoxydiphenyl borate (2-APB)Donglin Bai
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 319:1452-8. 2006..2-APB also significantly blocked junctional conductance in cell pairs coupled by Cx26, Cx30, Cx36, Cx40, and Cx45 but did not appreciably affect coupling in cell pairs expressing Cx32, Cx43, and Cx46...
- Connexin expression patterns in arrhythmogenic right ventricular cardiomyopathyMatthias Paul
Division of Cardiology, Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University Hospital Munster, Munster, Germany
Am J Cardiol 111:1488-95. 2013..specimens were taken from 16 patients with definite ARVC (age 48 ± 16 years) and analyzed for Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45 messenger ribonucleic acid expression (relative to glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate-dehydrogenase messenger ribonucleic ..
- Interfering amino terminal peptides and functional implications for heteromeric gap junction formationEric C Beyer
Department of Pediatrics, University of Chicago Chicago, IL, USA
Front Pharmacol 4:67. 2013..other connexins (Cx), including Cx46 and Cx50 in lens, Cx40 in atrium, Purkinje fibers, and the blood vessel wall, Cx45 in heart, and Cx37 in the ovary...
- Contribution of intracellular calcium and pH in ischemic uncoupling of cardiac gap junction channels formed of connexins 43, 40, and 45: a critical function of C-terminal domainGiriraj Sahu
Department of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
PLoS ONE 8:e60506. 2013..5 minutes of OGD decreased the junctional conductance (Gj) of Cx43, Cx40 and Cx45 by 53±3%, 64±1% and 85±2% respectively...
- Age- and myopathy-dependent changes in connexins of normal and cardiomyopathic Syrian hamster ventricular myocardiumM Chen
Department of Physiology, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Can J Physiol Pharmacol 78:669-78. 2000..The major Cx reported in the heart is Cx43, although some Cx40 and Cx45 are also present. There is some evidence for altered Cx content in heart failure...
- Rapid upregulation of the hippocampal connexins 36 and 45 mRNA levels during memory consolidation
- GAP JUNCTIONS AND IONIC CURRENTS IN DEVELOPING HEARTJenny J Yang; Fiscal Year: 2013..twenty identified mammalian connexin genes, only four connexins, connexin40 (Cx40), connexin43 (Cx43), connexin45 (Cx45), and connexin 31.9 (Cx31.9), are expressed in the heart...
- Function and Expression of Connexins in the pre-Botzinger ComplexJONATHAN KELTY; Fiscal Year: 2007..This aim will be accomplished using in situ hybridization to detect transcripts for Cx26, Cx32, Cx36, Cx45, Cx47, and Cx59 in PBC neurons in tissue from mice from embryonic day 12 through postnatal day 21...
- The Role of Gap Junctions in Peripheral Odor CodingChunbo Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2004..mature olfactory receptor neurons (ORNs) express gap junction protein subunits connexin 36, connexin 43, and connexin 45. Since ORNs display high input resistance, opening of a single ion channel can elicit action potential ..
- Biophysics of CNS ConnexinsVYTAUTAS VERSELIS; Fiscal Year: 2006..studies have established that neurons express Cx36, astrocytes Cx43 and Cx30 and oligodendrocytes Cx32, Cx45 and Cx47. A new GJ gene, Cx30.2 also appears to be expressed in neurons...
- INTERCELLULAR COMMUNICATION IN THE EYE LENSJEAN JIANG; Fiscal Year: 2002..connexins are known to participate in the formation of lens gap junction channels: Cx43 in lens epithelial cells, Cx45.6 and Cx56 mainly in lens fibers...
- Role of Gap Junctions in Blood Vessel AssemblyKaren K Hirschi; Fiscal Year: 2012..Gap junction channels can be composed of any of ~20 known connexin (Cx) proteins;however, only Cx37, Cx40, Cx43 and Cx45 are expressed in the vasculature...
- EXPRESSION AND REGULATION OF GAP JUNCTION IN BONE CELLSTHOMAS STEINBERG; Fiscal Year: 2001..pores called gap junctions, and express three different gap junction proteins: connexin43 (Cx43), connexin45 (Cx45) and connexin46 (Cx46)...
- Janos Peti-Peterdi; Fiscal Year: 2016..Aim 3 will identify the mechanism and importance of Cx45/ATP-mediated inhibition of renin release using multi-photon imaging...
- Electrophysiological and antiarrhythmic benefit of cell therapy for heart diseaseKENNETH LAURITA; Fiscal Year: 2010..4) Determine if overexpression of connexin protein (Cx40, Cx43, and Cx45) and SDF-1 (stem cell homing factor) can significantly enhance SKMB and MSC cell therapy for SCD associated with Ml...
- Gregory E Morley; Fiscal Year: 2016..optical mapping, microelectrode recordings, and arrhythmia analysis will be performed in mice that lack Cx43 and Cx45 in fibroblasts at selected time points after injury...
- AUTOMATED DNA SEQUENCERGabor Mocz; Fiscal Year: 1999..Colonization of Epithelium by Symbiotic Vibrio Fischeri; 7. Connexin 45 Phosphorylation in RSV- Infected Cells; 8. Cloning of the Rat Human Relax Receptor Genes; 9...
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF INTERCELLULAR JUNCTIONSDaniel Goodenough; Fiscal Year: 2006..3) A systematic study of the retina has revealed that two other connexins, Cx45 and Cx57 are also expressed by retinal neurons...
- MECHANISM AND FUNCTION OF CONNEXIN INTERACTIONSTHOMAS STEINBERG; Fiscal Year: 2001..The data suggest that Cx43 and Cx45 interact to form gap junction with unique properties. Three specific aims are proposed...
- Structure Function in Low Resistance JunctionsCamillo Peracchia; Fiscal Year: 2005..The relevance of a potential CaM binding site identified in connexins (similar to that of CaM kinase II) will be tested with deletion and mutation of crucial Cx32 residues. ..
- Gap Junction Channels Formation and GatingFeliksas Bukauskas; Fiscal Year: 2007..Abnormalities in GJ channels play a key role in generating cardiac arrhythmias, uterine malfunction, epileptic seizures and malignant cell growth. ..
- Connexins and Heart FunctionFeliksas Bukauskas; Fiscal Year: 2010..2 hemichannels are functional in cardiomyocytes and whether they contribute to slow propagation of excitation in the AV node and protection of ventricles from over excitation during atrial tachyarrhythmia. ..
- Mechanisms and significance of cublin-mediated HDL uptakeWILLIAM ARGRAVES; Fiscal Year: 2009..Together, these studies will provide new insights into the function of cubilin in maternal-embryonic.lipoprotein transport, embryonic development and adult kidney function. ..
- Gap Junctions and Connexins in Developing CNSJOHN RASH; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Zeiss LSM 510 Laser Scanning MicroscopeJOHN RASH; Fiscal Year: 2002..The DIC Board of Directors will meet bi-monthly to insure continued efficient scheduling and operation of the replacement confocal microscope, to consider future upgrades, and to establish or change DIC access policies. ..
- Gap Junction and Bone Cell Responses to Physical SignalsHenry J Donahue; Fiscal Year: 2010..Additionally, an understanding of how mechanical signals regulate bone cell proliferation and differentiation would be beneficial in designing in vitro environments, i.e. bioreactors, for novel bone tissue engineering protocols. ..
- Gap Junction Mediated Signaling and Vascular ResponsesAlexander M Simon; Fiscal Year: 2010..Finally, these studies could also lead to new approaches to control vasculogenesis and angiogenesis in other clinically important settings, such as anti-angiogenesis treatments designed to fight cancer. ..
- INTERCELLULAR COMMUNICATION IN THE HEARTEric Beyer; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study may have significant implications for the elucidation of cardiovascular disease (including arrhythmias) associated with connexins. ..
- The Role of Megalin in Craniofacial DevelopmentWILLIAM ARGRAVES; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed experimentation is expected to lead to new insights into the mechanism by which Shh signaling controls craniofacial development. ..
- Connexins in Neuronal and Glial Gap Junctions in the Central Nervous SystemJOHN RASH; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Biological Role of Connexin45 in Ventricular MyocardiumKATHRYN YAMADA; Fiscal Year: 2008..connexins expressed in working ventricular myocytes, far less is known about the distribution and function of Cx45 than the principal ventricular gap junction channel protein, Cx43...
- IC Communication in Breast Cancer Metastasis to BoneHenry Donahue; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this project will provide insights into the mechanism by which breast cancer cells preferentially metastasize to bone, an important step in developing approaches to inhibit bone metastasis. ..
- Cancer Center Microarray Bioinformatics FacilityW Argraves; Fiscal Year: 2006..Finally, the resource facility will create an internet-accessible database of gene expression profile information collected by HCC investigators to make this data available to the scientific community at large. ..
- Microarray Scanner and Accessories for MUSCWILLIAM ARGRAVES; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specifically, funds are requested for purchasing an Affymetrix GeneChip Scanner 3000 Upgrade and a Fluidics Station 450 Upgrade. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..