Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GNB3
Description: G protein subunit beta 3
Alias: CSNB1H, guanine nucleotide-binding protein G(I)/G(S)/G(T) subunit beta-3, G protein, beta-3 subunit, GTP-binding regulatory protein beta-3 chain, guanine nucleotide binding protein (G protein), beta polypeptide 3, guanine nucleotide-binding protein G(I)/G(S)/G(T) beta subunit 3, hypertension associated protein, transducin beta chain 3
Publications197 found, 100 shown here
- The GNB3 C825T polymorphism and essential hypertension: a meta-analysis of 34 studies including 14,094 cases and 17,760 controlsPantelis G Bagos
Department of Cell Biology and Biophysics, Faculty of Biology, University of Athens, Panepistimiopolis, Athens, Greece
J Hypertens 25:487-500. 2007The C825T single nucleotide polymorphism of the G-protein beta3 (GNB3) has been implicated in susceptibility to essential hypertension, through the expression of an alternatively spliced truncated variant...
- The role of G protein gene GNB3 C825T polymorphism in HIV-1 acquisition, progression and immune activationJennifer Juno
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Retrovirology 9:1. 2012The GNB3 C825T polymorphism is associated with increased G protein-mediated signal transduction, SDF-1α-mediated lymphocyte chemotaxis, accelerated HIV-1 progression, and altered responses to antiretroviral therapy among Caucasian ..
- GNB3 C825T polymorphism and response to anti-retroviral combination therapy in HIV-1-infected patients--a pilot studyN H Brockmeyer
Klinik für Dermatologie und Allergologie, Ruhr Universitat, Gudrunstrasse 56, D 44791 Bochum, Germany
Eur J Med Res 10:489-94. 2005..b>GNB3 genotyping was performed using Pyrosequencing...
- The --1019 C/G polymorphism of the 5-HT(1)A receptor gene is associated with negative symptom response to risperidone treatment in schizophrenia patientsL Wang
Bio X Center, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China
J Psychopharmacol 22:904-9. 2008..The results suggest that the -1019 C/G polymorphism (rs6295) in the 5-HT(1)A gene may be a useful predictor of reduction in negative symptoms in schizophrenic patients treated with risperidone...
- GNB3 C825T polymorphism and response to interferon-alfa/ribavirin treatment in patients with hepatitis C virus genotype 1 (HCV-1) infectionChristoph Sarrazin
Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Klinik fur Innere Medizin II, Kirrberger Str 41, D 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
J Hepatol 43:388-93. 2005..The G protein beta3 subunit (GNB3) C825T polymorphism has been shown to determine immune cell functions in vitro...
- The angiotensin II receptor antagonist valsartan inhibits endothelin 1-induced vasoconstriction in the skin microcirculation in humans in vivo: influence of the G-protein beta3 subunit (GNB3) C825T polymorphismAnna Mitchell
Department of Nephrology and Hypertension and Institute of Pharmacology, University of Duisburg Essen Medical School, Essen, Germany
Clin Pharmacol Ther 79:274-81. 2006..and norepinephrine act via G protein-coupled receptors with a possible involvement of the G-protein beta3 subunit (GNB3) C825T polymorphism...
- C825T polymorphism of the G protein beta(3)-subunit and antihypertensive response to a thiazide diureticS T Turner
Division of Hypertension, Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Hypertension 37:739-43. 2001..Thus, the C825T polymorphism of the G protein beta(3)-subunit may help identify patients with essential hypertension who are more responsive to diuretic therapy...
- Enhanced vasoconstriction to endothelin-1, angiotensin II and noradrenaline in carriers of the GNB3 825T allele in the skin microcirculationRene R Wenzel
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, University Hospital, Essen, Germany
Pharmacogenetics 12:489-95. 2002..The GNB3 C825T polymorphism is potentially an attractive pharmacogenetic marker to predict hormone-mediated responses in ..
- Association between the G protein beta3 subunit 825t allele and radial artery hypertrophyOlivier Hanon
Department of Internal Medicine and INSERM U337, Broussais Hospital, 96 rue Didot, F 75014 Paris, France
J Vasc Res 39:497-503. 2002The GNB3 C825T gene polymorphism has recently been identified and associated with hypertension, obesity and left ventricular hypertrophy...
- Prediction of genetic risk for hypertensionHideo Izawa
Cardiovascular Division, Department of Pathophysiology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya, Japan
Hypertension 41:1035-40. 2003....
- An epidemiological study of blood pressure and metabolic phenotypes in relation to the Gbeta3 C825T polymorphismEva Brand
Department of Endocrinology and Nephrology, Benjamin Franklin Medical Centre, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany
J Hypertens 21:729-37. 2003..We studied the C825T polymorphism in relation to blood pressure, obesity and intermediate phenotypes in a Caucasian population...
- Association of GNB3 gene with pulse pressure and clustering of risk factors for cardiovascular disease in JapaneseMiyuki Yamamoto
Department of Geriatric Medicine, School of Medicine, Ehime University, Shigenobu cho, Onsen gun, Ehime 791 0295, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 316:744-8. 2004..The C825T polymorphism in the gene coding for the beta3 subunit of G proteins (GNB3) has been shown to be associated with several phenotypes such as hypertension, obesity, and diabetes mellitus ..
- GNB3 gene C825T and ACE gene I/D polymorphisms in essential hypertension in a Kazakh genetic isolateX Wang
Department of Cardiovasology, 1st Teaching Hospital, Xinjiang Medical University, Urumqi 830054, PR China
J Hum Hypertens 18:663-8. 2004..To investigate whether the polymorphisms in the G-protein beta-3 subunit (GNB3) gene and angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) gene are associated with essential hypertension (EH), we carried out ..
- G-protein beta-3 subunit C825T polymorphism, sodium and arterial blood pressure: a community-based study of Japanese men and womenK Yamagishi
Department of Public Health Medicine, Institute of Community Medicine, Graduate School of Comprehensive Human Sciences, University of Tsukuba, 1 1 1 Tennodai, Tsukuba 305 8575, Japan
Ann Hum Genet 70:759-66. 2006..This finding helps to explain part of the discrepancy between the previously reported genetic association among different ethnic groups...
- Association of antipsychotic induced weight gain and body mass index with GNB3 gene: a meta-analysisRenan P Souza
Neurogenetics Section, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, University of Toronto, Canada
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 32:1848-53. 2008It has been reported that C825T variant in the gene encoding the G-protein subunit beta3 (GNB3) is associated with antipsychotic-induced weight gain and obesity...
- A splice variant of GNB3 and peripheral polyneuropathy in type 1 diabetesDimitry A Chistiakov
Department of Molecular Diagnostics, National Research Center GosNIIgenetika, Moscow, Russia
Dis Markers 26:111-7. 2009..Here we test whether the GNB3 C825T variant confers susceptibility to DPN in type 1 diabetes (T1D) mellitus...
- GNB3 C825T polymorphism and elevated blood pressureJ Y Lee
Pohang University of Science and Technology, Humanities and Social Sciences, Pohang, Republic of Korea
Int J Sports Med 30:892-7. 2009Unlike in Europeans and Africans, the relationship between the human guanine nucleotide binding beta polypeptide 3 (GNB3) C825T gene polymorphism (rs5443) and blood pressures is inconsistent in Asians...
- Association of α-adducin and G-protein β3 genetic polymorphisms with hypertension: a meta-analysis of Chinese populationsWenQuan Niu
State Key Laboratory of Medical Genomics, Shanghai Key Laboratory of Vascular Biology, Department of Hypertension, Ruijin Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 6:e17052. 2011Mounting evidence has suggested that α-adducin and G-protein β3 (GNB3) genes are logical candidates for salt-sensitive hypertension...
- Association of a human G-protein beta3 subunit variant with hypertensionW Siffert
Institut fur Pharmakologie, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Germany
Nat Genet 18:45-8. 1998..a novel polymorphism (C825T) in exon 10 of the gene encoding the beta3 subunit of heterotrimeric G proteins (GNB3)...
- Interaction of the ACE D allele and the GNB3 825T allele in myocardial infarctionC K Naber
Abteilung fur Kardiologie, Institut für Medizinische Informatik, Biometrie und Epidemiologie, Abteilung für Thorax und Kardiovaskuläre Chirurgie, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Germany
Hypertension 36:986-9. 2000..The 825T allele of the G-protein ss(3)-subunit gene (GNB3) associated with enhanced G-protein signaling is a candidate to interact with the angiotensin-converting enzyme (..
- G-protein beta(3) subunit gene (GNB3) 825T allele is associated with enhanced renal perfusion in early hypertensionR Zeltner
Department of Medicine Nephrology, University of Erlangen Nürnberg Germany
Hypertension 37:882-6. 2001The C825T polymorphism of the gene encoding the G-protein beta(3) subunit (GNB3) is associated with increased intracellular signal transduction and arterial hypertension...
- G-protein beta3 subunit and alpha-adducin polymorphisms and risk of subclinical and clinical strokeA C Morrison
Human Genetics Center, University of Texas Houston Health Science Center, Institute of Molecular Medicine, Houston, Texas, USA
Stroke 32:822-9. 2001....
- G-protein beta3 subunit gene splice variant in obesity and overweightA V Benjafield
Basic and Clinical Genomics Laboratory, Department of Physiology and Institute for Biomedical Research, The University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 25:777-80. 2001To determine whether the C825T polymorphism of the G-protein beta3 subunit gene (GNB3) is associated with overweight and obesity...
- Association analysis of a functional G protein beta3 subunit gene polymorphism (C825T) in mood disordersC N Lin
Department of Psychiatry, Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan, ROC
Neuropsychobiology 44:118-21. 2001..Therefore, we tested the hypothesis that a functional polymorphism (C825T) in the G protein beta3 gene subunit (GNB3) confers susceptibility to mood disorders...
- G protein beta3 subunit variant: tendency of increasing susceptibility to hypertension in JapaneseY Tozawa
Department of Social Gerontology, School of Health Sciences and Nursing, University of Tokyo, Japan
Blood Press 10:131-4. 2001..together with the finding that the T825 variant might be associated with the occurrence of a splice variant GNB3-s in a white population...
- Identification and ethnic distribution of major haplotypes in the gene GNB3 encoding the G-protein beta3 subunitDieter Rosskopf
Institut fur Pharmakologie, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Essen, Germany
Pharmacogenetics 12:209-20. 2002The 825T-allele of the gene GNB3 encoding the G protein beta3 subunit is associated with hypertension and obesity, and identifies individuals highly responsive to diuretic therapy...
- [Polymorphism analysis of 825C/T of the G-protein beta 3 subunit in high risk population of hypertension in the northeast China]Shu Ping Dai
Department of Medical Genetics, China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, China
Yi Chuan Xue Bao 29:294-8. 2002PCR-RFLP was used for genotyping of GNB3 C/T in 133 patients with EH and 257 healthy control subjects in the high risk population and in 98 patients with EH and 110 healthy control subjects in general population...
- Associations of a human G protein beta3 subunit dimorphism with insulin resistance and carotid atherosclerosisThomas C Wascher
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Stroke 34:605-9. 2003The C825T dimorphism of the gene encoding the human G protein beta3 subunit (GNB3) is associated with hypertension and obesity...
- Prediction of successful weight reduction under sibutramine therapy through genotyping of the G-protein beta3 subunit gene (GNB3) C825T polymorphismHans Hauner
German Diabetes Research Institute, D 40225 Dusseldorf, Germany
Pharmacogenetics 13:453-9. 2003..However, a significant variability exists among individuals concerning the response to sibutramine...
- Lack of association between the G protein beta3 subunit gene and essential hypertension in Chinese: a case-control and a family-based studyXiaohong Huang
Sino German Laboratory for Molecular Medicine, Fu Wai Hospital and Cardiovascular Institute, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, 167 Beilishilu, 100037 Beijing, China
J Mol Med (Berl) 81:729-35. 2003A C825T polymorphism of the gene encoding the G protein beta3 subunit (GNB3) is associated with enhanced G protein activity and increased intracellular signal transduction...
- Association between a G-protein beta 3 subunit gene polymorphism and the symptomatology and treatment responses of major depressive disordersH J Lee
Department of Psychiatry, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Pharmacogenomics J 4:29-33. 2004..We investigated whether the C825T polymorphism of the beta3 subunit of G protein (GNB3) gene is associated with the symptom severity or treatment response of major depressive disorders (MDDs) in a ..
- Seasonal affective disorder and the G-protein beta-3-subunit C825T polymorphismCarolina Johansson
Neurogenetics Unit, Department of Molecular Medicine, Center for Molecular Medicine L8 00, Karolinska Institutet and Karolinska Hospital, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Biol Psychiatry 55:317-9. 2004..Association with seasonal affective disorder (SAD) has been found for the higher activity T-allele of the G-protein beta-3-subunit C825T polymorphism...
- Association between hypertension and the alpha-adducin, beta1-adrenoreceptor, and G-protein beta3 subunit genes in the Japanese population; the Suita studyKeisuke Shioji
Department of Epidemiology, Research Institute, National Cardiovascular Center, Suita, Japan
Hypertens Res 27:31-7. 2004..the alpha-adducin (ADD1/Gly460Trp), beta1-adrenoreceptor (ADRB1/Arg389Gly), and G-protein beta3 subunit (GNB3/C825T) gene polymorphisms...
- G-protein beta 3 subunit 825 CC genotype is associated with unexplained (functional) dyspepsiaGerald Holtmann
Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Essen, Germany
Gastroenterology 126:971-9. 2004..altered alpha-adrenoreceptor function and depression are prevalent, features that are linked to a G-protein beta 3 (GNB3) subunit gene polymorphism (C825T)...
- C825T polymorphism of the G protein beta3 subunit is associated with obesity but not with insulin sensitivityNorbert Stefan
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Pathobiochemistry, University of Tubingen, Germany
Obes Res 12:679-83. 2004..We investigated whether this polymorphism contributed to the variability in obesity in our population from southern Germany and whether it was associated with insulin sensitivity of lipolysis and/or glucose disposal...
- G protein beta3 subunit C825T polymorphism in primary IgA nephropathyLise Thibaudin
Department of Nephrology, Dialysis and Renal Transplantation, University North Hospital, Saint Etienne, France
Kidney Int 66:322-8. 2004The T allele of the G protein beta3 subunit (GNB3) C825T polymorphism has been associated with increased signal transduction, increased activity of the kidney Na+/H+ exchanger, and also with late-onset essential hypertension...
- Association of C825T polymorphism of G protein beta3 subunit with the autonomic nervous system in young healthy Japanese individualsTetsuro Matsunaga
Laboratory of Metabolism, Graduate School of Human and Environmental Studies, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Am J Hypertens 18:523-9. 2005The T allele of the C825T polymorphism of the G protein beta3 subunit gene (GNB3) is reported to be associated with increased intracellular signal transduction and the prevalence of essential hypertension...
- Association of G-protein beta-3 subunit gene (GNB3) T825 allele with Type II diabetesJawad G Kiani
Neuro Endocrinol Lett 26:87-8. 2005To date, the human G-protein beta 3 subunit (GNB3) gene and some of its variants represent some of the best examples of genetic influences that are involved in the determination of hypertension and obesity, which make it a sensible ..
- The 825C/T polymorphism of G-protein beta3 subunit gene and risk of ischaemic strokeL Zhang
Sino German Laboratory for Molecular Medicine, Fu Wai Hospital and Cardiovascular Institute, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing, People s Republic of China
J Hum Hypertens 19:709-14. 2005..01-1.82, P=0.046). After further adjustment with traditional risk factors to stroke, the association is not significant. In conclusion, the GNB3 825T allele is not an independent risk factor to ischaemic stroke in the Chinese population.
- G protein beta 3 subunit gene variants and essential hypertension in the northern Chinese Han populationBiao Li
Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Datun Road 15, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100101, China
Ann Hum Genet 69:468-73. 2005..To examine the contribution of GNB3 polymorphisms to the development of hypertension in the northern Chinese Han population, we conducted a case-..
- G-protein beta3 subunit C825T polymorphism tends to be associated with seasonal variation in young male college studentsHeon Jeong Lee
Department of Psychiatry, Anam Hospital, Korea University College of Medicine, Anam Dong, Seongbuk gu, Seoul 136 705, Korea
Neuropsychobiology 52:135-9. 2005This study investigated the relationship between G-protein beta(3) subunit (GNB3) C825T polymorphism and seasonal variation in 189 young male college students...
- DNA polymorphisms in the tyrosine hydroxylase and GNB3 genes: association with unexpected death from acute myocardial infarction and increased heart weightM Klintschar
Institute of Legal Medicine, Martin Luther University Halle Wittenberg, Franzosenweg 1, D06112 Halle, Germany
Forensic Sci Int 153:142-6. 2005..a tetrameric microsatellite in the tyrosine hydroxylase gene and the single nucleotide polymorphism C825T in the GNB3 gene in 116 sudden deaths from MI (78 males, 38 females) and in a control group of 137 deaths from natural causes ..
- Suggestive association between the C825T polymorphism of the G-protein beta3 subunit gene (GNB3) and clinical improvement with antipsychotics in schizophreniaDaniel J Muller
Neurogenetics Section, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 15:525-31. 2005..The functional C825T polymorphism of the beta3 subunit gene (GNB3) has recently been shown to modulate antidepressant response, with the T-allele conferring an increased signaling ..
- GNB3 C825T and ACE I/D polymorphisms on the sodium-proton exchanger and the prevalence of essential hypertension in malesKarolina Kedzierska
Department of Nephrology, Transplantology and Internal Medicine, Pomeranian Medical University, Szczecin, Poland
Arch Med Res 37:150-7. 2006The aim of the study was to verify the hypothesis if the interaction between the G protein beta3 subunit (GNB3) C825T polymorphism and ACE I/D polymorphism could lead to the disclosure of increased activity of sodium-proton exchanger and ..
- A study of candidate genotypes associated with dyspepsia in a U.S. communityChristopher E Camilleri
Gastroenterology Research Unit, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 101:581-92. 2006..The role of genetic predisposition to the development of dyspepsia is unclear. Recently, a significant association was reported with CC genotype of GNbeta3...
- Polymorphisms in four candidate genes in young patients with essential hypertensionNatasa Marcun Varda
Department of Paediatrics, Maribor Teaching Hospital, Maribor, Slovenia
Acta Paediatr 95:353-8. 2006....
- Genetic diseases associated with heterotrimeric G proteinsLee S Weinstein
Metabolic Diseases Branch, National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Trends Pharmacol Sci 27:260-6. 2006..Common polymorphisms of the GNAS and GNB3 (which encodes Gbeta3) genes have been associated with multigenic disorders (e.g...
- Interaction between GNB3 C825T and ACE I/D polymorphisms in essential hypertension in KoreansY Bae
Cardiovascular Genome Center, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Republic of Korea
J Hum Hypertens 21:159-66. 2007..The G-protein beta3-subunit (GNB3) 825T allele, associated with enhanced G-protein signalling, is a strong candidate for interactions with ..
- Association of the C825T polymorphism of the G-protein beta3 subunit gene with hypertension, obesity, hyperlipidemia, insulin resistance, diabetes, diabetic complications, and diabetic therapies among JapaneseTetsuo Hayakawa
Disease Control and Homeostasis, Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science, Kanazawa 920 8461, Japan
Metabolism 56:44-8. 2007A C825T polymorphism of the gene encoding the G-protein beta3 subunit (GNB3) is associated with increased intracellular signal transduction. We know that this C825T polymorphism may influence hypertension and obesity...
- Gene-environment interaction and the GNB3 gene in the Atherosclerosis Risk in Communities studyM L Grove
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, School of Public Health, Human Genetics Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 31:919-26. 2007The purpose of this study was to investigate the interaction between the G-protein beta-3 (GNB3) 825C>T polymorphism and physical activity in relation to prevalent obesity and hypertension.
- G protein beta3 polymorphism and triptan response in cluster headacheM Schurks
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Essen, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, Germany
Clin Pharmacol Ther 82:396-401. 2007..We analyzed whether a common polymorphism in the gene for the G protein beta3 subunit (GNB3 C825T) modulates responder rates to triptans among a cohort of 231 unrelated Caucasian CH patients...
- Allelic variants interaction of CLOCK gene and G-protein beta3 subunit gene with diurnal preferenceHeon Jeong Lee
Department of Psychiatry, Anam Hospital, Korea University College of Medicine, Anam Dong, Seongbuk gu, Seoul 136 705, Korea
Chronobiol Int 24:589-97. 2007..C/T single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) in the CLOCK gene and the 825C/T SNP in the G-protein beta3 subunit gene (GNB3) have been reported to influence diurnal preference...
- Homozygous 825T allele of the GNB3 protein influences the susceptibility of Japanese to dyspepsiaTomomitsu Tahara
Department of Gastroenterology, Fujita Health University School of Medicine, 1 98 Dengakugakubo, Kutsukake cho, Toyoake, Aichi 470 1192, Japan
Dig Dis Sci 53:642-6. 2008..Recently, two different associations were reported between FD and G-protein beta3 (GNB3) subunit gene polymorphism...
- Prevalence of common disease-associated variants in Asian IndiansTrevor J Pemberton
Institute for Genetic Medicine, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
BMC Genet 9:13. 2008....
- Candidate genotypes associated with functional dyspepsiaN van Lelyveld
Gastrointestinal Research Unit, Department of Gastroenterology, University Medical Centre Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Neurogastroenterol Motil 20:767-73. 2008..serotonin receptor type three A subunit (HTR3A), the serotonin transporter (SERT) and the G-protein beta3 subunit (GNB3) were analysed...
- G protein beta3 subunit gene polymorphism in Turkish hypertensivesEmin Alioglu
Department of Cardiology, Central Hospital, Izmir, Turkey
Anadolu Kardiyol Derg 8:331-5. 2008..The aim of the present study was to investigate the association between the C825T polymorphism of the G protein b3 subunit and essential hypertension in Turkish population...
- Hypertension genes and retinal vascular calibre: the Cardiovascular Health StudyC Sun
Centre for Eye Research Australia, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
J Hum Hypertens 23:578-84. 2009..alpha-adducin (ADD1/G460W), beta2-adrenergic receptor (ADRB2/Arg16Gly and Gln27Glu) and G-protein beta3 subunit (GNB3/C825T), with retinal arteriolar calibre (an intermediate marker of chronic hypertension) and venular calibre...
- The environmental and genetic evidence for the association of hyperlipidemia and hypertensionYin Ruixing
Department of Cardiology, Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases, The First Affiliated Hospital, Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, Guangxi, Republic of China
J Hypertens 27:251-8. 2009..The present study was undertaken to compare the differences in several environmental and genetic factors between hyperlipidemia and hypertension in the Guangxi Hei Yi Zhuang population...
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease is associated with the C825T polymorphism in the G-protein beta3 subunit gene (GNB3)D R de Vries
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Medical Center Utrecht, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Am J Gastroenterol 104:281-5. 2009..A functional polymorphism in the G-protein beta3 subunit gene (GNB3) is associated with functional dyspepsia (FD), in which visceral hypersensitivity is implicated in symptom ..
- Novel genetic variants in the alpha-adducin and guanine nucleotide binding protein beta-polypeptide 3 genes and salt sensitivity of blood pressureTanika N Kelly
Department of Epidemiology, Tulane University School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Am J Hypertens 22:985-92. 2009..polymorphisms (SNPs) in the alpha-adducin (ADD1) and guanine nucleotide binding protein (G protein) beta-polypeptide 3 (GNB3) genes and systolic (SBP), diastolic (DBP), and mean arterial (MAP) pressure responses to salt intake.
- Lack of an association of GNB3 C825T polymorphism and blood pressure in patients with rheumatoid arthritisVasileios F Panoulas
Department of Rheumatology, Dudley Group of Hospitals NHS Trust, Russells Hall Hospital, Dudley, West Midlands, UK
Clin Exp Hypertens 31:428-39. 2009G-protein beta 3 subunit (GNB3) C825T (rs5443) single nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) has been implicated as a risk factor for essential hypertension in the general population...
- The G-protein beta3 subunit 825 TT genotype is associated with epigastric pain syndrome-like dyspepsiaTadayuki Oshima
Divisions of Upper Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Hyogo College of Medicine, Nishinomiya, 663 8501, Japan
BMC Med Genet 11:13. 2010..Several reports indicate an association between FD and G-protein beta3 (GNB3) subunit gene polymorphism (C825T); however, these studies had small sample sizes and the findings are inconclusive...
- Frequencies of genetic polymorphisms related to triptans metabolism in chronic migraineGiovanna Gentile
Department of Biochemical Sciences, Advanced Molecular Diagnostic Unit, 2nd School of Medicine, Sapienza University, Sant Andrea Hospital, Via di Grottarossa 1035, Rome, Italy
J Headache Pain 11:151-6. 2010..Such genomic analysis is part of an integrated platform able to evaluate different levels of metabolic pathways of drugs in CM and their influence in the chronicization process...
- Impact of genomic polymorphism on arterial hypertension after aortic coarctation repairAlfred Hager
Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Congenital Heart Disease, Deutsches Herzzentrum Munchen, Technische Universitat Munchen, Germany
Int J Cardiol 151:63-8. 2011..This study was performed to assess the contribution of several inherited gene polymorphisms, which are known to be related to essential hypertension...
- Association between the G protein β3 subunit C825T polymorphism and the occurrence of cardiovascular disease in hypertensives: The Nord-Trøndelag Health Study (HUNT)Oddgeir L Holmen
HUNT Research Centre, Department of Public Health and General Practice, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Levanger, Norway
Am J Hypertens 23:1121-7. 2010Several studies examining the C825T polymorphism of the G protein β3 subunit (GNB3) have shown inconsistent results regarding susceptibility to hypertension...
- C825T polymorphism of the G-protein β3 subunit and its association with essential hypertension in Uzbek malesGulnoz A Khamidullaeva
Department of Arterial Hypertension and Molecular Genetics Research, Republican Specialized Center of Cardiology, Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Turk Kardiyol Dern Ars 39:198-204. 2011We investigated the association between the C825T polymorphism of the G-protein β3 subunit (GNB3) gene with essential hypertension (EH) and cardiovascular remodeling markers in Uzbek males.
- Serotonin transporter and G protein beta 3 subunit gene polymorphisms in Greeks with irritable bowel syndromeT Markoutsaki
2nd Department of Gastroenterology, Evangelismos General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Dig Dis Sci 56:3276-80. 2011Polymorphisms in the serotonin transporter (SERT) and G protein β3 subunit (GNB3) genes might contribute to the pathophysiology of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)...
- A two-stage matched case-control study on multiple hypertensive candidate genes in Han ChineseTai Yue Kuo
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Am J Hypertens 25:804-11. 2012..It is a major risk factor leading to stroke, cardiovascular disease, and end-stage renal disease. In each year, more than 13.5 million deaths are due to hypertension-related diseases worldwide...
- Association between the G-protein β3 subunit C825T polymorphism with essential hypertension: a meta-analysis in Han Chinese populationJiapeng Lu
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health and Family Medicine, Capital Medical University, No 129 Mail Box, No 10 Xitoutiao, You An Men Wai, Beijing 100069, People s Republic of China
Mol Biol Rep 39:8937-44. 2012We aimed to evaluate the contribution of the G-protein β3 subunit C825T (GNB3-C825T) polymorphism to essential hypertension (EH) in Han Chinese population by performing meta-analysis...
- Association between a polymorphism in the G protein beta3 subunit gene (GNB3) with arterial hypertension but not with myocardial infarctionC Hengstenberg
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Regensburg, Franz Josef Strauss Allee 11, 93053, Regensburg, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 49:820-7. 2001A polymorphism at position 825(C-->T) of the G protein beta3 (GNB3) gene was found to be associated with enhanced transmembrane signalling as well as with an increased prevalence of arterial hypertension...
- Renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system and G-protein beta-3 subunit gene polymorphisms in salt-sensitive essential hypertensionE Pamies-Andreu
Unidad de Hipertensión Arterial y Lípidos, Departamento de Medicina Interna, Hospitales Universitarios Virgen del Rocio, Sevilla, Spain
J Hum Hypertens 17:187-91. 2003..intron 2 conversion (IC) of the aldosterone synthase (CYP11B2), and C825T of the beta-3 subunit of the protein G (GNB3). 41 patients (40.19%) were salt sensitive...
- Lack of association of human G-protein beta 3 subunit variant with hypertension in Japanese workersYasushi Suwazono
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Chuoku, Chiba, Japan
J Hypertens 22:493-500. 2004..To examine the association between hypertension and the C825T polymorphism in the G-protein beta 3 subunit gene in Japanese workers...
- Lack of association between the C825T polymorphism in G-protein beta-3 subunit and arterial blood pressure levels in cardiovascular disease free individuals: the ATTICA epidemiological studyC Pitsavos
J Hum Hypertens 20:303-5. 2006
- The G protein beta3 subunit 825C allele is associated with sudden infant death due to infectionSiri Hauge Opdal
Institute of Forensic Medicine, University of Oslo, Department of Medical Biochemistry, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Acta Paediatr 95:1129-32. 2006..The reported association between the Gbeta3s protein and increased immune cell function in humans makes this polymorphism highly interesting both with regard to sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) and deleterious infectious disease...
- G protein beta3 subunit, interleukin-10, and tumor necrosis factor-alpha gene polymorphisms in Koreans with irritable bowel syndromeH J Lee
Department of Psychiatry, Korea University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Neurogastroenterol Motil 22:758-63. 2010The association between irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) based on Rome III criteria and G protein beta3 subunit (GNB3), interleukin (IL)-10, and tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha gene polymorphisms is uncertain.
- SNP-by-fitness and SNP-by-BMI interactions from seven candidate genes and incident hypertension after 20 years of follow-up: the CARDIA Fitness StudyM A Sarzynski
Human Genomics Laboratory, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, LA, USA
J Hum Hypertens 25:509-18. 2011..The association of baseline BMI with risk of hypertension was nominally modified by GNB3 rs2301339 genotype in whites...
- Serotonin 2A -1438 G/A and G-protein Beta3 subunit C825T polymorphisms in patients with depression and SSRI-associated sexual side-effectsJeffrey R Bishop
University of Illinois at Chicago College of Pharmacy, Chicago, IL, USA
Neuropsychopharmacology 31:2281-8. 2006..The purpose of this study was to determine the relationship of the 5HT2A -1438 G/A and GNB3 C825T single nucleotide polymorphisms with overall sexual well-being and individual components of sexual health as ..
- G-protein beta3 subunit variant C825T is a risk factor for hypertension in Japanese females--a prospective cohort study over 5 yearsY Suwazono
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Ann Hum Genet 70:767-77. 2006....
- SSRIs antidepressant activity is influenced by G beta 3 variantsAlessandro Serretti
Department of Psychiatry, Vita Salute University, Fondazione Centro San Raffaele del Monte Tabor, Milan, Italy
Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 13:117-22. 2003..009) and this effect was independent from analyzed demographic and clinical variables. These results confirm preliminary reports and shed further light on the genetics of the response to antidepressant treatments...
- Heritability of blood pressure traits and the genetic contribution to blood pressure variance explained by four blood-pressure-related genesMarie Josee E van Rijn
Genetic Epidemiology Unit, Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Erasmus Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Hypertens 25:565-70. 2007..To study the heritability of four blood pressure traits and the proportion of variance explained by four blood-pressure-related genes...
- [Genetic factors in myocardial infarction--Results from a candidate gene and a genome-wide approach between beta blockers]Christian Hengstenberg
Klinik und Poliklinik fur Innere Medizin II, Universitätsklinik Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Herz 27:649-61. 2002..This is of great importance especially for asymptomatic siblings and children from myocardial infarction patients...
- Pharmacogenetics of antihypertensive drug responsesGary L Schwartz
Department of Internal Medicine, Mayo Clinic and Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Am J Pharmacogenomics 4:151-60. 2004..approach, such polymorphisms have been identified in genes encoding alpha-adducin (ADD1), subunits of G-proteins (GNB3 and GNAS1), the beta(1)-adrenergic receptor (ADRB1), endothelial nitric oxide synthase (NOS3), and components of ..
- Human G-protein beta3 subunit variant is associated with serum potassium and total cholesterol levels but not with blood pressureK Ishikawa
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Japan
Am J Hypertens 13:140-5. 2000..that a novel variant (C825T) in exon 10 of the gene encoding the beta3 subunit of heterotrimetric G proteins (GNB3) is a genetic factor predisposing to hypertension in Caucasians...
- [Genetics in neurocardiogenic syncope]Małgorzata Lelonek
Klinika Kardiologii I Katedry Kardiologii i Kardiochirurgii, Uniwersytetu Medycznego w Lodzi, Szpital Kliniczny nr 3 im Seweryna Sterlinga
Przegl Lek 63:1310-2. 2006..Molecular genetic studies in vasovagal syncope make possible the further explanation of the pathophysiology and the evaluation of individual prognosis and optimal management...
- A new locus on chromosome 12p13.3 for pseudohypoaldosteronism type II, an autosomal dominant form of hypertensionS Disse-Nicodeme
INSERM U36, College de France, Paris
Am J Hum Genet 67:302-10. 2000..Analysis of two obvious candidate genes (SCNN1A and GNb3) located within the interval showed no deleterious mutation...
- G-protein beta3 subunit gene splice variant and body fat distribution in Nunavut InuitR A Hegele
Robarts Research Institute and Department of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada N6A5K8
Genome Res 9:972-7. 1999The GNB3 825T allele encodes a product that has enhanced activation of heterotrimeric G proteins in vitro and could play a role in adipogenesis...
- The human G-protein beta3 subunit C825T polymorphism is associated with coronary artery vasoconstrictionA Meirhaeghe
Service d Epidémiologie et de Santé Publique INSERM U 508, Institut Pasteur de Lille, Lille Cedex, France
Eur Heart J 22:845-8. 2001..We assessed the potential association of the pertussis toxin-sensitive G protein beta3 subunit (GNB3) gene C825T polymorphism on coronary vasomotion in humans.
- Molecular basis of functional gastrointestinal disordersGerald Holtmann
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University of Essen, Hufelandstr 55, 45122 Essen, Germany
Best Pract Res Clin Gastroenterol 18:633-40. 2004..comorbidity, polymorphisms of adrenergic, opioidergic or serotonergic receptors as well as G-protein beta3 (GNB3) subunit gene polymorphisms (C825T) and polymorphisms of 5-HT transporter genes are suitable causes...
- Mechanisms of disease: genetics of functional gastrointestinal disorders--searching the genes that matterBirgit Adam
Nerve Gut Research Laboratory, Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the Royal Adelaide Hospital, SA, Australia
Nat Clin Pract Gastroenterol Hepatol 4:102-10. 2007..the genes that encode adrenergic, opioidergic or serotonergic receptors, as well as in the G-protein beta3 subunit (GNB3) gene and serotonin-transporter genes, in their manifestations...
- Association between a polymorphism in the G protein beta3 subunit gene and lower renin and elevated diastolic blood pressure levelsH Schunkert
From the Klinik und Poliklinik für Innere Medizin II, Universitat Regensburg, Regensburg, Germany
Hypertension 32:510-3. 1998..A polymorphism at position 825 (C-->T) of the G protein beta3 subunit gene (GNB3) was strictly related to this phenotype...
- G protein beta 3 polymorphism and hemodynamic and body composition phenotypes in the HERITAGE Family StudyTuomo Rankinen
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Human Genomics Laboratory, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70808 4124, USA
Physiol Genomics 8:151-7. 2002A C825T polymorphism of the G protein beta3 (GNB3) gene has been reported to be associated with hypertension and obesity...
- Genetic determination of irritable bowel syndromeCristina Hotoleanu
2nd Medical Department, University of Medicine and Pharmacy Iuliu Hatiegau, Str Clinicilor 4, Cluj Napoca 400 006, Romania
World J Gastroenterol 14:6636-40. 2008..Further studies are necessary to determine how genetic factors influence the clinical manifestations and therapeutical response in IBS patients...
- G protein beta3 subunit gene variant and blood pressure variation in Canadian Oji-CreeR A Hegele
Robarts Research Institute and Department of Medicine, Thames Valley Family Practice Research Unit, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Hypertension 32:688-92. 1998..There is alternative splicing of exon 9 of the gene encoding the beta3 subunit of heterotrimeric G proteins (GNB3) associated with a C-->T change at nucleotide 825, which activates a cryptic splice site...
- Genomic organization of the murine G protein beta subunit genes and related processed pseudogenesJ Kitanaka
Molecular Neurobiology Branch, Intramural Research Program, National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
DNA Seq 12:345-54. 2001..Although intron 11 is additional for GNBI compared with GNB2 and GNB3, the intron positions within the protein coding region of GNB1, GNB2 and GNB3 are identical, suggesting that GNB1 ..
- Pharmacogenomics of diuretic drugs: data on rare monogenic disorders and on polymorphisms and requirements for further researchStefan Viktor Vormfelde
Department of Clinical Pharmacology and Department of Vegetative Physiology, Georg August University Gottingen, Robert Koch Str 40, D 37075 Gottingen, Germany
Pharmacogenomics 4:701-34. 2003..Polymorphisms in these and in associated proteins such as GNB3, alpha-adducin and angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) seem to be clinically relevant...
- The I1-imidazoline agonist moxonidine decreases sympathetic tone under physical and mental stressRene R Wenzel
Department of Internal Medicine, A O Krankenhaus Zell A See, Austria
Br J Clin Pharmacol 57:545-51. 2004..Moxonidine is an I1-imidazoline receptor agonist that reduces blood pressure by inhibition of central sympathetic activity. The effects of the drug under physical and mental stress have not been studied in detail...
- Further evidence supporting a role for gs signal transduction in severe malaria pathogenesisSarah Auburn
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, Oxford, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 5:e10017. 2010..and 2B (ADORA2B), beta-adrenergic receptor kinase 1 (ADRBK1), adenylyl cyclase 9 (ADCY9), G protein beta subunit 3 (GNB3), and regulator of G protein signalling 2 (RGS2). Our study amassed a total of 2278 cases and 2364 controls...
- Salt sensitivity of Japanese from the viewpoint of gene polymorphismTomohiro Katsuya
Department of Geriatric Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, Yamada oka, Suita, Japan
Hypertens Res 26:521-5. 2003..promoter of the aldosterone synthase gene (CYP11B2) and the C825T polymorphism of the G-protein beta3 subunit gene (GNB3) are considered candidates for the genetic risk of salt-sensitive hypertension...
- Differential susceptibility to hypertension is due to selection during the out-of-Africa expansionJ Hunter Young
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS Genet 1:e82. 2005..In addition, we show that latitude and one of these alleles, GNB3 (G protein beta3 subunit) 825T, account for a major portion of worldwide variation in blood pressure...
- Nr2e3-directed transcriptional regulation of genes involved in photoreceptor development and cell-type specific phototransductionNeena B Haider
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology, and Anatomy, University of Nebraska Medical Center, 985805 Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE 68198 5805, USA
Exp Eye Res 89:365-72. 2009..the rod specific gene Gnb1 and cone specific genes blue opsin, and two of the cone transducin subunits, Gnat2 and Gnb3. In addition, we identified 5 novel transcripts that are targeted by NR2E3...
- Genetics of cluster headacheMarkus Schürks
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215 1204, USA
Curr Pain Headache Rep 14:132-9. 2010..Pharmacogenetic studies have suggested that the GNB3 825C > T polymorphism may modify treatment response to triptans among CH patients by altering the signal ..
- Racial Genomic Differences and Heart Failure OutcomesDennis M McNamara; Fiscal Year: 2013..gene-gene interactions to examine whether the impact of the ACE D allele is modified by coinheritance of the GNB3 T haplotype...
- MICHAEL L CAMILLERI; Fiscal Year: 2014..clinical trial, that specific markers of three genes controlling adrenergic and serotonergic function (ADR2A, GNB3 and 5- HTTLPR) are significantly associated with weight loss in response to sibutramine...
- Beta-adrenoceptor genetic polymorphisms and obesityJulie Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2002..ADRB3), the Gs protein alpha subunit (GNAS1) (all three betaARs couple with Gs) and the G protein beta3 subunit (GNB3) (a component of Gi, to which beta3ARs couple)...
- Identification of factors controlling the genesis of cone photoreceptorsMark Emerson; Fiscal Year: 2009..Two of these genes are the cone transducin subunits: Gnat2, a G-protein alpha subunit, and Gnb3, a G-protein beta subunit...
- ANTIHYPERTENSIVE DRUG/GENE INTERACTIONS AND CV EVENTSBruce Psaty; Fiscal Year: 2004..58 (the difference between an odds ratio of 0.46 and 0.79 in subjects with and without the variant, respectively). Power for other primary aims is excellent; power for secondary aims is good to excellent. ..
- Cannabinoid Mechanisms in Human Gastrointestinal Motor and Sensory FunctionsMICHAEL L CAMILLERI; Fiscal Year: 2010..These actions may be relevant to develop new treatments for IBS. The studies will also provide further understanding of the potential of medications like medical marijuana on stomach function that may be relevant to appetite control. ..
- ALPHA 2 ADRENERGIC CONTROL IN IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROMEMichael Camilleri; Fiscal Year: 2008..Significance: This project will characterize pharmacogenetic mechanisms determining the response to clonidine through studies of candidate genes that control alpha2-adrenoreceptor function and norepinephrine transport in IBS. ..
- ALPHA-2 ADRENERGIC CONTROL OF COLONIC FUNCTION IN IBSMichael Camilleri; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of ATP Release from RBC'sRandy Sprague; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic epidemiology of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)YURI SAITO LOFTUS; Fiscal Year: 2008....
- Genetic Modulation of Left Ventricular RecoveryDennis McNamara; Fiscal Year: 2008..Specific Aim 3 will examine other genetic loci which act as modifiers of the cytokine and neurohomonal response, in particular NOS2, NOS3 and aldosterone synthase. ..
- HYPGENE-GENETICS FITNESS OBESITY & RISK OF HYPERTENSIONTuomo Rankinen; Fiscal Year: 2007..These data could ultimately lead to more efficient use of physical activity and body weight control in the primary and secondary prevention of hypertension. ..
- NUTRITION ACADEMIC AWARDMichael Miller; Fiscal Year: 2004..Compliance with ATP II and JNC VI recommendations will also be assessed. In addition, medical students' diets and blood lipid levels will be assessed and tracked. ..
- ACE GENOTYPE, BP, AND EXERCISE TRAINING IN HYPERTENSIVESJAMES HAGBERG; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Role of Erythrocytes in Circulatory ControlRandy Sprague; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- MOLECULAR & CLINICAL EVALUATION OF LOW HDL SYNDROMESMichael Miller; Fiscal Year: 2003..Further understanding of the molecular basis of isolated low HDL-C and its potential clinical sequelae (e.g., CAD), may therefore aid in the development of therapeutic strategies to effectively treat this disorder. ..
- HERITAGE FAMILY STUDY, PHASE 4Tuomo Rankinen; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- PLATELET P1A2--STUDIES ON A PRO THROMBOTIC POLYMORPHISMPaul Bray; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies will enhance our understanding of the role of integrin biology (especially in platelets), and help to achieve our long-term goal of implementing a more rational anti-thrombotic therapy. ..
- HYPERTENSION AMONG AFRICAN-AMERICANSJEFFERY YOUNG; Fiscal Year: 2006..This research will build a foundation for a successful career as an independent investigator. ..
- GENETIC EPIDEMIOLOGY OF RESPONSES TO ANTIHYPERTENSIVESStephen Turner; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- Genetics of Microangiopathic Brain InjuryStephen T Turner; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- APO E GENOTYPE AND HDL CHANGES WITH EXERCISE TRAININGJAMES HAGBERG; Fiscal Year: 2002..Conversely, identifying persons who will improve their lipoprotein lipids the least with exercise training would allow them to focus on interventions that might be more efficacious for them. ..
- Family Blood Pressure Program (GenNet Network)Alan Weder; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] (End of Abstract) [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Anthipertensive PharmacoGenomicsStephen Turner; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Genetics of Chronic Kidney DiseaseStephen T Turner; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- USE OF A MUTATION IN THE GENE FOR HUMAN G-PROTEIN beta 3 SUB-UNIT FOR DIAGNOSING ILLNESSESPatent Number: WO9743442-A1; Date:1997-11-20