Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: GSTT1
Description: glutathione S-transferase theta 1
Alias: glutathione S-transferase theta-1, GST class-theta-1, glutathione transferase T1-1
Publications335 found, 100 shown here
- CYP1A1, GSTM1, and GSTT1 polymorphisms and the risk of cervical squamous intraepithelial lesions in a multiethnic populationM T Goodman
Etiology Program, Cancer Research Center of Hawaii, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Gynecol Oncol 81:263-9. 2001..polymorphisms in the cytochrome P4501A1 (T3801C) and glutathione S-transferase classes mu and theta (GSTM1 and GSTT1) gene deletions promote the development of cervical dysplasia by moderating the activation and detoxification of ..
- Maternal cigarette smoking, metabolic gene polymorphism, and infant birth weightXiaobin Wang
Department of Pediatrics, Boston University School of Medicine and Boston Medical Center, 91 E Concord St, Maternity 4, Boston, MA 02118, USA
JAMA 287:195-202. 2002..Little is known about genetic susceptibility to cigarette smoke in relation to adverse pregnancy outcomes...
- Association of glutathione S-transferases polymorphisms (GSTM1 and GSTT1) with senile cataract: a meta-analysisLei Sun
Department of Ophthalmology, Fourth Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, People s Republic of China
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:6381-6. 2010..However, the results are not consistent. In this study, the authors conducted a meta-analysis to assess the association between GSTM1 and GSTT1 null genotypes and the risk for senile cataract.
- NAT2 slow acetylation, GSTM1 null genotype, and risk of bladder cancer: results from the Spanish Bladder Cancer Study and meta-analysesMontserrat Garcia-Closas
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20852 7234, USA
Lancet 366:649-59. 2005..Associations between polymorphisms in other NAT and GST genes and bladder-cancer risk have been inconsistent...
- Genetic polymorphisms of glutathione S-transferases M1 and T1 associated with susceptibility to aflatoxin-related hepatocarcinogenesis among chronic hepatitis B carriers: a nested case-control study in TaiwanC A Sun
School of Public Health, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Carcinogenesis 22:1289-94. 2001..GSTM1 and GSTT1 genotypes were determined by PCR...
- Polymorphisms in XRCC1 and glutathione S-transferase genes and hepatitis B-related hepatocellular carcinomaMing Whei Yu
Graduate Institute of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:1485-8. 2003..01). The GSTT1-null genotype alone did not affect risk, but the GSTM1-null genotype was associated with a decreased risk for ..
- Comprehensive assessment of candidate genes and serological markers for the detection of prostate cancerRobert K Nam
Division of Urology, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:1429-37. 2003..The GST-T1 and IGF-I polymorphisms demonstrated modest associations with prostate cancer risk. IGF-I levels were not helpful in identifying patients with prostate cancer at the time of biopsy...
- Polymorphism of GSTM1 and GSTT1 genes in prostate cancer: a study from North IndiaR D Mittal
Department of Urology, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow 226 014, India
Indian J Cancer 41:115-9. 2004..The genetic polymorphisms of GSTM1 and GSTT1 genes have been studied earlier to evaluate the relative risk of various cancers...
- Evaluation of the influence of polymorphic variants CYP1A1 2B, CYP1B1 2, CYP3A4 1B, GSTM1 0, and GSTT1 0 in prostate cancerIara S Rodrigues
Departamento de Biologia Geral, CCB, Londrina, Brazil
Urol Oncol 29:654-63. 2011..In the present study, 5 polymorphic variants were examined in 154 patients with prostate carcinoma and in 154 controls...
- Are GSTM1, GSTT1 and CAG repeat length of androgen receptor gene polymorphisms associated with risk of prostate cancer in Iranian patients?Zahra Ousati Ashtiani
Department of Medical Genetics, School of Medicine, Tehran University of Medical Science, Tehran, Iran
Pathol Oncol Res 17:269-75. 2011We conducted this study to investigate whether CAG repeat length in androgen receptor gene and GSTM1 and GSTT1 polymorphisms influence prostate cancer risk in Iranian newly diagnosed cancer patients compared to age-matched BPH group and ..
- Glutathione S-transferase gene polymorphisms (GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1) and prostate cancer: a case-control study in Tehran, IranM R Safarinejad
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 14:105-13. 2011We evaluated the relationship between polymorphisms in the glutathione S-transferases (GSTs) GSTM1, GSTT1 and GSTP1 genes and prostate cancer (PCa)...
- The polymorphisms of GSTM1, GSTT1, HYL1*2, and XRCC1, and aflatoxin B1-related hepatocellular carcinoma in Guangxi population, ChinaXi Dai Long
Department of Pathology, Youjiang Medical College for Nationalitics, Baise 533000, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, China
Hepatol Res 36:48-55. 2006..study was designed to examine the polymorphisms associated of three carcinogen-metabolizing genes (namely: GSTM1, GSTT1, and HYL1*2) and one DNA-repair gene (namely: XRCC1), and investigate their role as susceptibility markers for HCC.
- Null genotypes of GSTM1 and GSTT1 contribute to hepatocellular carcinoma risk: evidence from an updated meta-analysisBin Wang
The Third Department of Hepatic Surgery, Eastern Hepatobiliary Surgery Hospital, Shanghai 200438, China
J Hepatol 53:508-18. 2010..Thus, a meta-analysis was performed to clarify the effects of GSTM1 and GSTT1 polymorphisms on HCC risk.
- Tumor necrosis factor alpha polymorphism associated with increased susceptibility to development of adult T-cell leukemia/lymphoma in human T-lymphotropic virus type 1 carriersK Tsukasaki
Division of Hematology Oncology, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine, 90024, USA
Cancer Res 61:3770-4. 2001..between susceptibility to ATL and several polymorphisms: the three "decreased-detoxifying" polymorphisms in GSTM1, GSTT1, and CYP1A1, the "proapoptotic" polymorphism in BCL2, and the five "high-production" polymorphisms in tumor ..
- Polymorphisms of GSTT1 and related genes in head and neck cancer riskAdam J Evans
Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Oregon Health and Science University, Mail Code L586, Portland, Oregon 97201, USA
Head Neck 26:63-70. 2004..We sought to determine whether GSTT1 genotype and genotypes of several related genes are associated with risk of squamous cell carcinoma of the head ..
- Relationship among metabolizing genes, smoking and alcohol used as modifier factors on prostate cancer risk: exploring some gene-gene and gene-environment interactionsDante D Caceres
Environmental and Occupational Health Division, School of Public Health, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile
Eur J Epidemiol 20:79-88. 2005..The role of susceptibility low penetrance genes and environmental factors in the etiology of (PCa) is unclear, but may involve, in some cases, multiple alleles at multiple loci and environmental factors...
- Polymorphisms in genes involved in xenobiotic metabolism and lung cancer risk under the age of 60 years. A pooled study of lung cancer patients in Denmark and NorwayHalla Skuladottir
Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, Danish Cancer Society, Strandboulevarden 49, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
Lung Cancer 48:187-99. 2005..and lifestyle characteristics, and polymorphisms in following genotypes were determined GSTM1, GSTM3, GSTP1, GSTT1, GPX1, MPO, NQO1 and NAT2...
- Polymorphisms of CYP1A1, GSTM1, GSTT1, and prostate cancer risk in Turkish populationYavuz Silig
Cumhuriyet University, Science and Art Faculty, Department of Biochemistry, Sivas, Turkey
Cancer Invest 24:41-5. 2006..association of the prostate cancer risk with genotype frequencies of the Phase I (CYP1A1) and Phase II (GSTM1 and GSTT1) biotransformation enzymes was investigated in 321 Turkish individuals (152 prostate cancer patients and 169 age-..
- Glutathione S-transferase T1 null polymorphism and the risk for head and neck cancerMichel B Oude Ophuis
Dept of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital Maastricht, The Netherlands
Acta Otolaryngol 126:311-7. 2006..The GSTT1 null genotype appears to be involved in modulation of the risk for head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC).
- Genetic polymorphism at GSTM1 and GSTT1 gene loci and susceptibility to oral cancerA Sharma
Division of Molecular Genetics, Institute of Cytology and Preventive Oncology, ICMR, I 7, Noida 201301, Uttar Pradesh, India
Neoplasma 53:309-15. 2006..This study evaluates the influence of genetic polymorphisms of GSTM1 and GSTT1 gene loci on susceptibility to oral cancer...
- Evaluating polymorphic status of glutathione-S-transferase genes in blood and tissue samples of prostate cancer patientsRama Devi Mittal
Department of Urology, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow 226014, India
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 7:444-6. 2006..of different genes in tissues, we hypothesize that polymorphic status may be differently expressed for GSTM1, GSTT1 and GSTP1 gene in blood and tissues of prostate cancer patients and BPH controls, impacting on the development of ..
- Polymorphisms in metabolizing enzymes and the risk of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma in the Slavic population of the central EuropeP Soucek
National Institute of Public Health, Prague, Czech Republic
Neoplasma 57:415-21. 2010..in enzymes metabolizing smoke constituents and/or alcohol (CYP2A13, CYP1B1, EPHX1, NQO1, GSTM1, GSTP1, GSTT1, ADH1B and ADH1C)...
- Association of GSTM1 and GSTT1 polymorphism with lipid peroxidation in benign prostate hyperplasia and prostate cancer: a pilot studyVivek Kumar
Department of Biochemistry, University College of Medical Sciences and GTB Hospital, University of Delhi, Dilshad Garden, Delhi, India
Dis Markers 30:163-9. 2011..Based on genotyping, subjects were categorized into: GSTM1+/GSTT1+, GSTM1-/GSTT1+, GSTM1+/GSTT1- and GSTM1-/GSTT1-...
- GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1, GSTA1 and colorectal cancer risk: a comprehensive meta-analysisKonstantinos P Economopoulos
School of Medicine, National University of Athens, Greece
Eur J Cancer 46:1617-31. 2010..Controversy exists about whether GST polymorphisms (GSTM1 null/present genotype, GSTT1 null/present genotype, GSTP1 Ile105Val and GSTA1 *A/*B) represent risk factors for colorectal cancer...
- Genetic polymorphisms in cytochrome P450 (CYP) 1A1, CYP1A2, CYP2E1, glutathione S-transferase (GST) M1 and GSTT1 and susceptibility to prostate cancer in the Japanese populationM Murata
Second Department of Pathology, Mie University School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu, 514, Mie, Japan
Cancer Lett 165:171-7. 2001Associations between genetic polymorphisms of CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP2E1, GSTM1 and GSTT1 and prostate cancer (PCa) were analyzed in a case-control study of 315 individuals...
- Microsomal epoxide hydrolase and glutathione S-transferase polymorphisms in relation to laryngeal carcinoma riskJordi To-Figueras
Toxicology Unit, ORL Unit, Hospital Clinic, IDIBAPS, Ciutat Sanitaria de Bellvitge, Departament de Salut Publica, University of Barcelona, Villarroel 170, 08036 Barcelona, Spain
Cancer Lett 187:95-101. 2002..EPHX1, 113Tyr-->113His, 139His-->139Arg) and four glutathione S-transferase genes (GSTM1, GSTM3, GSTP1, GSTT1) were genotyped in a group of patients with larynx cancer (N=204) and in a group of healthy controls (N=203), all ..
- Arsenic methylation, GSTT1, GSTM1, GSTP1 polymorphisms, and skin lesionsKathleen M McCarty
Yale University School of Medicine, Epidemiology and Public Health, Division of Environmental Health Sciences, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Environ Health Perspect 115:341-5. 2007We investigated whether primary and secondary arsenic methylation ratios were associated with skin lesions and whether GSTT1, GSTP1, and GSTM1 polymorphisms modify these relationships.
- Relationship between glutathione S-transferase M1, P1 and T1 polymorphisms and early onset prostate cancerZ Kote-Jarai
Section of Cancer Genetics, The Institute of Cancer Research and Royal Marsden NHS Trust, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Pharmacogenetics 11:325-30. 2001..Caucasian population are homozygous for deletions in GSTM1 and approximately 20% are homozygous for deletions in GSTT1, resulting in conjugation deficiency of mutagenic electrophiles to glutathione...
- Meta- and pooled analyses of GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1, and CYP1A1 genotypes and risk of head and neck cancerMia Hashibe
International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:1509-17. 2003Sequence variation in the GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1, and CYP1A1 genes may potentially alter susceptibility to head and neck cancers, although evidence from previous studies has not been consistent...
- Dietary isothiocyanates, glutathione S-transferase -M1, -T1 polymorphisms and lung cancer risk among Chinese women in SingaporeB Zhao
Department of Community, Occupational and Family Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore, Singapore 117597
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 10:1063-7. 2001..We evaluated the association between dietary isothiocyanate intake, GSTM1 and GSTT1 polymorphisms, and lung cancer risk in 420 Chinese women: 233 histologically confirmed lung cancer patients and ..
- Genetic polymorphisms of cytochrome p450 2E1, glutathione S-transferase M1 and T1, and susceptibility to gastric carcinoma in TaiwanMing Shiang Wu
Department of Internal Medicine, National Taiwan University Hospital, No 7 Chung Shan S Rd, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Colorectal Dis 17:338-43. 2002..and detoxification of N-nitrosamines and related compound, studies on the relationship between genetic polymorphisms of CYP2E1, GSTT1, and GSTM1 and the risk of gastric carcinoma (GC) are few, and the results have been conflicting.
- Gene polymorphisms in detoxification enzymes as susceptibility factor for head and neck cancer?S Gronau
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, University Ulm, Prittwitzstr 45, D 89075, Ulm, Germany
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 128:674-80. 2003..The objective of this study was to investigate concomitant polymorphisms in genes encoding for various detoxification enzymes in patients with head and neck squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC)...
- Null genotype of glutathione S-transferase M1 is associated with senile cataract susceptibility in non-smoker femalesMostafa Saadat
Department of Biology, College of Sciences, Shiraz University, Shiraz 71454, Iran
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 319:1287-91. 2004In the present study, we investigated whether the polymorphisms of glutathione S-transferase M1 (GSTM1) and T1 (GSTT1) genes are risk factors of cataract among Iranian population in a molecular epidemiological way...
- [Studies of the genes related to lung cancer susceptibility in Nanjing Han population, China]Ge Yu Liang
School of Public Health, Southeast University, Nanjing 210009, China
Yi Chuan 26:584-8. 2004..The polymorphisms of CYP1A1, CYP2E1, GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1, mEH and NQO1 genes were analyzed by PCRjRFLP assay...
- Genetic polymorphism of the CYP1A1, CYP2E1, GSTM1 and GSTT1 genes and lung cancer susceptibility in a north indian populationR C Sobti
Department of Biotechnology, Punjab University, Chandigarh, India
Mol Cell Biochem 266:1-9. 2004CYP1A1, CYP2E1, GSTM1 and GSTT1 polymorphisms were evaluated in north Indian lung cancer patients and controls. The estimated relative risk for lung cancer associated with the CYP1A1*2C allele was 2.68...
- Association between GSTT-1 gene deletion and the susceptibility to oral squamous cell carcinoma in cigarette-smoking subjectsSergio Neves Drummond
Department of Oral Pathology, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte 31270 901, Brazil
Oral Oncol 41:515-9. 2005..Glutathione S-transferase Theta-1 (GSTT1) is a phase II metabolic enzyme that catalyzes detoxification reactions of carcinogenic compounds...
- CYP1A1 polymorphisms and risk of lung cancer in non-smoking Chinese women: influence of environmental tobacco smoke exposure and GSTM1/T1 genetic variationDaniel P K Ng
Department of Community, Occupational and Family Medicine, National University of Singapore, 16 Medical Drive MD3, Singapore 117597
Cancer Causes Control 16:399-405. 2005..We examined whether polymorphisms of CYP1A1, which plays a role in the metabolic activation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), confer an increased risk of lung cancer in lifetime non-smoking Chinese women...
- [Study on the detoxication gene gstM1-gstT1-null and susceptibility to aflatoxin B1 related hepatocellular carcinoma in Guangxi]Xi Dai Long
Pathology Department, Guangxi Medical University, Naning 530021, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 26:777-81. 2005To study the association between susceptibility to aflatoxin B1 (AFB1)-related hepatocellular carcinoma(HCC) and the null genotypes of detoxication gene gstM1 and gstT1.
- Polymorphisms in glutathione-related genes affect methylmercury retentionHipolito M Custodio
Department of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Lund University Hospital, Lund, Sweden
Arch Environ Health 59:588-95. 2004..EryHg), plasma polyunsaturated fatty acids (PPUFA), and genotype for GCLC, GCLM, GSTA1, GSTM1, GSTP1, and GSTT1 were determined in 365 individuals...
- Susceptibility to oral cancer by genetic polymorphisms at CYP1A1, GSTM1 and GSTT1 loci among Indians: tobacco exposure as a risk modulatorDevasena Anantharaman
Cancer Research Institute, Advanced Center for Treatment, Research and Education in Cancer, Tata Memorial Center, Kharghar, Navi Mumbai 410 208, India
Carcinogenesis 28:1455-62. 2007..This study investigates the role of polymorphisms at CYP1A1, GSTM1 and GSTT1 to oral squamous cell carcinoma (OSCC) in a case-control study involving 155 patients with precancerous lesions, ..
- Glutathione S-transferase polymorphisms and oral cancer: a case-control study in Rio de Janeiro, BrazilAna Hatagima
Departamento de Genetica, Laboratório de Genética Humana IOC FIOCRUZ, Pavilhão Leônidas Deane 6 Andar Sala 611, Avenida Brasil, 4365 Manguinhos, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro 21045 900, Brazil
Oral Oncol 44:200-7. 2008This study evaluates the influence of genetic polymorphisms at GSTM1, GSTT1 and GSTP1 gene loci on oral cancer susceptibility among Brazilians from Rio de Janeiro...
- A case-control study of CYP1A1, GSTT1 and GSTM1 gene polymorphisms, pregnancy smoking and fetal growth restrictionAli Delpisheh
Child and Reproductive Health Group, Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine, UK
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 143:38-42. 2009To determine the role of maternal CYP1A1, GSTT1, and GSTM1 metabolic gene polymorphisms in modulating the association between pregnancy smoking exposure and fetal growth restriction.
- GSTM1, GSTT1 and CYP1A1 polymorphisms and risk of oral cancer: a case-control study in Jakarta, IndonesiaRahmi Amtha
Oral Cancer Research and Coordinating Center, University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 10:21-6. 2009to investigate genetic polymorphisms in GSTM1, GSTT1 and CYP1A1 and the association with the risk of oral cancer in the Jakarta population.
- GSTT1 and GSTP1 polymorphisms and breast cancer risk: a meta-analysisTheodoros N Sergentanis
School of Medicine, National University of Athens, Athens, Greece
Breast Cancer Res Treat 121:195-202. 2010..comprises multiple isoenzymes; studies have principally examined mu-1 (GSTM1: null/present), theta-1 (GSTT1: null/present) and pi-1 (GSTP1 Ile105Val) gene polymorphisms concerning breast cancer risk...
- Dietary glucosinolate intake, polymorphisms in selected biotransformation enzymes, and risk of prostate cancerAstrid Steinbrecher
Division of Cancer Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:135-43. 2010..a possible association between glucosinolate intake and prostate cancer risk is modified by polymorphisms in GSTT1, GSTM1, GSTA1, GSTP1, or NOQ1 genes...
- Interaction between GSTM1/GSTT1 polymorphism and blood mercury on birth weightBo Eun Lee
Department of Preventive Medicine, School of Medicine, Ewha Woman s University, Seoul, Korea
Environ Health Perspect 118:437-43. 2010..Mercury (Hg) is toxic to both the reproductive and nervous systems. In addition, glutathione S-transferases (GSTs), which conjugate glutathione to a variety of electrophilic compounds, are involved in the detoxification of Hg...
- Copy number variation in glutathione-S-transferase T1 and M1 predicts incidence and 5-year survival from prostate and bladder cancer, and incidence of corpus uteri cancer in the general populationM S Nørskov
Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospitals and Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Pharmacogenomics J 11:292-9. 2011Glutathione-S-transferase T1 (GSTT1) and GSTM1 detoxify carcinogens and thus potentially contribute to inter-individual susceptibility to cancer...
- Glutathione-S-transferase M1 and T1 genetic polymorphisms and the risk of cataract development: a study in the Turkish populationMehmet Guven
Department of Medical Biology, Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine, University of Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
Curr Eye Res 32:447-54. 2007..the effects of genetic polymorphisms of glutathione-S-transferase M1 (GSTM1) and glutathione-S-transferase T1 (GSTT1) on risk of developing different subtypes of age-related cataract in the Turkish population...
- Polymorphisms at GSTM1 and GSTT1 gene loci and susceptibility to cervical cancer in Indian populationA Sharma
Division of Molecular Genetics, Institute of Cytology and Preventive Oncology, Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg, New Delhi, India
Neoplasma 51:12-6. 2004..A multiplex polymerase chain reaction method was used to detect the presence or absence of the GSTM1 and GSTT1 genes in genomic DNA isolated from cases with cervical cancer (n=142) and normal controls (n=96)...
- Genetic polymorphisms of GSTM1, p21, p53 and HPV infection with cervical cancer in Korean womenSang Ah Lee
Department of Preventive Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, South Korea
Gynecol Oncol 93:14-8. 2004The aim of this study was to determine whether GSTM1 or GSTT1 might be associated with risk of cervical cancer development in Korean women...
- Germline genetic polymorphisms of CYP1A1, GSTM1 and GSTT1 genes in Indian cervical cancer: associations with tumor progression, age and human papillomavirus infectionThomas Joseph
Department of Molecular Medicine, Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum, India
Gynecol Oncol 101:411-7. 2006..This study looked into possible relationships among these factors...
- Glutathione-S-transferase polymorphism, metallothionein expression, and mercury levels among students in AustriaClaudia Gundacker
Medical University of Vienna, Center for Public Health, Dept of Ecotoxicology, Waehringer Strasse 10, A 1090 Vienna, Austria
Sci Total Environ 385:37-47. 2007..Humans accumulate heavy metals primarily as a result of lifestyle and environmental contamination. However, not all humans experience the estimated individual exposure. This suggests the presence of genetic regulatory mechanisms...
- SNPs of GSTM1, T1, P1, epoxide hydrolase and DNA repair enzyme XRCC1 and risk of urinary transitional cell carcinoma in southwestern TaiwanLing I Hsu
Genomics Research Center, Academia Sinica, 128 Academia Road Section 2, Nankang, Taipei, Taiwan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 228:144-55. 2008..The modulating effect of the GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1 Ile105Val, EPHX Tyr113His and XRCC1 Arg280His on arsenic-related TCC risk was also suggestive...
- Genetic polymorphisms in glutathione S-transferase (GST) superfamily and arsenic metabolism in residents of the Red River Delta, VietnamTetsuro Agusa
Department of Legal Medicine, Shimane University Faculty of Medicine, Enya 89 1, Izumo 693 8501, Japan Center for Marine Environmental Studies CMES, Ehime University, Bunkyo cho 2 5, Matsuyama 790 8577, Japan
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 242:352-62. 2010..and Ala236Val, GST omega2 (GSTO2) Asn142Asp, GST pi1 (GSTP1) Ile105Val, GST mu1 (GSTM1) wild/null, and GST theta1 (GSTT1) wild/null. There were no mutation alleles for GSTO1 Glu208Lys, Thr217Asn, and Ala236Val in this population...
- CYP1A1, CYP2E1, GSTM1, GSTT1, EPHX1 exons 3 and 4, and NAT2 polymorphisms, smoking, consumption of alcohol and fruit and vegetables and risk of head and neck cancerStefania Boccia
Genetic Epidemiology and Molecular Biology Unit, Institute of Hygiene, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Largo Francesco Vito 1, 00168 Rome, Italy
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 134:93-100. 2008..As risk-modifiers of alcohol and tobacco effects, metabolic genes polymorphisms were investigated as susceptibility candidates for squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck (SCCHN)...
- An updating meta-analysis of the GSTM1, GSTT1, and GSTP1 polymorphisms and prostate cancer: a HuGE reviewZengnan Mo
Department of Urology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, People s Republic of China
Prostate 69:662-88. 2009It has been postulated that individuals with GSTM1, GSTT1 deficiency and, GSTP1 (105Ile/Val transition) have increased susceptibility to carcinogens and are more likely to develop prostate cancer...
- Increased risk for myelodysplastic syndromes in individuals with glutathione transferase theta 1 (GSTT1) gene defectH Chen
National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Lancet 347:295-7. 1996..Both GST M1 (GSTM1) and GST theta 1 (GSTT1) genes have a "null" variant allele, in which the entire gene is absent...
- Glutathione S-transferase M1, T1 and P1 polymorphisms: susceptibility and outcome in lung cancer patientsLeelakumari Sreeja
Division of Cancer Research, Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum 695011, India
J Exp Ther Oncol 7:73-85. 2008..We investigated whether genetic polymorphisms of GSTM1, GSTP1 and GSTT1 genes modulated lung cancer risk and affect survival among lung cancer patients...
- GSTT1 polymorphism and oral leukoplakiaEliza Carla Barroso Duarte
Department of Oral Pathology and Surgery, School of Dentistry, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Brazil
Anticancer Res 26:427-30. 2006..cancer and that oral leukoplakia is the most prevalent potentially malignant lesion, together with the fact that GSTT1 polymorphism increases the risk of oral squamous cell carcinoma, the purpose of this study was to investigate the ..
- The influence of metabolic gene polymorphisms on urinary 1-hydroxypyrene concentrations in Chinese coke oven workersBo Chen
Department of Occupational Health and Toxicology, School of Public Health, Fudan University, Shanghai, 200032, PR China
Sci Total Environ 381:38-46. 2007..20 and 5.12, 5.11 and 3.92, 4.93 and 2.91, respectively. GSTT1 present carriers had a significantly higher urinary 1-OHP level than that in null carriers in the case with AhR ..
- Glutathione S-transferase theta 1 expressed in granulosa cells as a biomarker for oocyte quality in age-related infertilityMegumu Ito
Department of Perinatal Medicine and Maternal Care, Division of Reproductive Medicine, National Center for Child Health and Development, Tokyo, Japan
Fertil Steril 90:1026-35. 2008..The goal of this study was to identify a reliable biomarker for age-related infertility...
- Influence of some detoxification enzyme polymorphisms on cytogenetic biomarkers between individuals exposed to very low doses of 1,3-butadieneNenad Bukvic
Department of Internal and Public Medicine, Section of Medical Genetics, University of Bari, Bari, Italy
J Occup Environ Med 51:811-21. 2009..To evaluate the variation of some biomarkers related to the level of enzymatic activity dependent on the different polymorphisms...
- Influence of genetic polymorphisms of glutathione S-transferase T1 (GSTT1) and M1 (GSTM1) on hematological parametersIraj Saadat
Department of Biology, College of Sciences, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran
Mol Biol Rep 37:249-53. 2010To find the influence of genetic polymorphisms of glutathione S-transferases M1 (GSTM1) and T1 (GSTT1) on hematological parameters in smoker and non-smoker subjects, the present study was done...
- Polymorphisms of glutathione S-transferase mu 1, theta 1, and pi 1 genes and prognosis in Hodgkin lymphomaGustavo J Lourenco
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, State University of Campinas, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Leuk Lymphoma 51:2215-21. 2010We examined the influence of the glutathione S-transferase mu 1 (GSTM1), theta 1 (GSTT1), and pi 1 (GSTP1) polymorphisms, which are involved in the metabolism of alkylating agents and anthracyclines, on the outcome of patients with ..
- Chromosomal localization of the gene for the human theta class glutathione transferase (GSTT1)G Webb
Genetics Department, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Genomics 33:121-3. 1996..In situ hybridization studies have localized the GSTT1 gene to 22q11.2. This is the same band to which we previously localized the GSTT2 gene...
- Direct comparison of the nature of mouse and human GST T1-1 and the implications on dichloromethane carcinogenicityPhilip J Sherratt
Biomedical Research Centre, University of Dundee, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee, Scotland, DD1 9SY, United Kingdom
Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 179:89-97. 2002..Taking this information into account, it is unlikely that humans have a sufficiently high capacity to activate DCM for this compound to be considered to represent a carcinogenic risk...
- A population-based study of glutathione S-transferase M1, T1 and P1 genotypes and risk for lung cancerValle Nazar-Stewart
Center for Research on Occupational and Environmental Toxicology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Lung Cancer 40:247-58. 2003..We examined GSTM1, a GSTT1 deletion polymorphism and a common GSTP1 gene variant (iso-->val), as risk factors for lung cancer in a ..
- Glutathione S-transferase M1 or T1 null genotype as a risk factor for developing multiple primary neoplasms in the upper aero-digestive tract, in Indian males using tobaccoSameer Jhavar
Department of Radiation Oncology, Tata Memorial Hospital, Parel, Mumbai, India
Oral Oncol 40:84-91. 2004..of tobacco use, alcohol, radiotherapy for index cancer) and genetic parameters (family history of UADT cancers and GSTT1/GSTM1 genotype). The GSTM1/T1 null genotype, seen in 60% patients with MPN versus 33% patients with SPN (P=0...
- Association of the NAD(P)H: quinone oxidoreductase C609T polymorphism and the risk of cervical cancer in Japanese subjectsYoshimitsu Niwa
Department of Preventive Medicine Biostatistics and Medical Decision Making, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Gynecol Oncol 96:423-9. 2005In this study, genetic polymorphisms, NQO1 C609T, GSTM1 positive/null, and GSTT1 positive/null, were examined with reference to cervical cancer risk in a population-based incident case-control study in Japanese.
- Polymorphisms of p53, GSTM1 and GSTT1, and HPV in uterine cervix adenocarcinomaC R Nogueira de Carvalho
Department of Gynecology, Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo Escola Paulista de Medicina, Brazil
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 29:590-3. 2008..To analyze the participation of glutathione-S-transferase (GST) M1 and T1 polymorphisms associated or not with protein p53 polymorphism at codon 72 and in the presence of HPV in the carcinogenesis of uterine cervix adenocarcinoma...
- GSTM1 and GSTT1 polymorphisms and nasopharyngeal cancer risk: an evidence-based meta-analysisXianlu Zhuo
Department of Otolaryngology, Southwest Hospital, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, PR China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 28:46. 2009Previous evidence implicates polymorphisms of GSTM1 and GSTT1, candidates of phase II enzymes, as risk factors for various cancers...
- Gene-smoking interaction on colorectal adenoma and cancer risk: review and meta-analysisSara Raimondi
Division of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Mutat Res 670:6-14. 2009..evidence from the literature on the interaction of smoking with the five most studied gene polymorphisms (GSTM1, GSTT1, mEH3, mEH4, NAT2)...
- Glutathione S-transferase (GSTM1 and GSTT1) polymorphisms in cervical cancer in Northeastern ThailandWannapa Settheetham-Ishida
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 10:365-8. 2009To evaluate the relationships between genetic polymorphisms of the GSTs (GSTM1 and GSTT1) and cervical cancer, the null genotype of each gene was studied in squamous cell cervical cancer (SCCA) patients (n=90) and controls (n=94) in ..
- Genetic polymorphisms in genes encoding antioxidant enzymes are associated with diabetic retinopathy in type 1 diabetesTinka Hovnik
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, University Children s Hospital, University Medical Centre, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Diabetes Care 32:2258-62. 2009..We investigated polymorphic markers in genes encoding enzymes regulating production of reactive oxygen species in association with diabetic retinopathy or diabetic nephropathy...
- Meta-analysis study of glutathione-S-transferases (GSTM1, GSTP1, and GSTT1) gene polymorphisms and risk of acute myeloid leukemiaPrabhavathy Das
Mahavir Hospital and Research Centre, Masab tank, Andhra Pradesh, India
Leuk Lymphoma 50:1345-51. 2009..Overall, the random-effects OR with GSTM1 null genotype, GSTP1 Val105 allele and GSTT1 null genotype were 1.30 (95% confidence intervals (CI) 1.04-1.62, p = 0.018), 1.03 (95% CI 0.80-1.33, p = 0...
- Interaction between glutathione-S-transferase polymorphisms, smoking habit, and HPV infection in cervical cancer riskSelena Palma
Section Toxicology and Biomedical Sciences, C R ENEA Casaccia, Via Anguillarese 301, 00123 Rome, Italy
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 136:1101-9. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate whether some GST polymorphisms could influence the risk to develop CC, either by themselves or in combination with smoking habit, in a cohort of high-risk HPV (HR-HPV) infected Italian women...
- Distribution of p53, GST, and MTHFR polymorphisms and risk of cervical intraepithelial lesions in sicilyAntonella Agodi
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Catania, Catania, Italy, Via S Sofia n 87, 95123 Catania, Italy
Int J Gynecol Cancer 20:141-6. 2010..the role of p53 codon 72, glutathione S-transferase class mu (GSTM1), glutathione S-transferase class theta (GSTT1), and methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR) C677T polymorphisms on the risk for infection and/or of cervical ..
- GSTM1 polymorphism, GSTT1 polymorphism, and cervical cancer risk: a meta-analysisKonstantinos P Economopoulos
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Aretaieio University Hospital, Athens, Greece
Int J Gynecol Cancer 20:1576-80. 2010..whether glutathione S-transferase (GST) polymorphisms (GST mu-1 [GSTM1] null/present genotype and GST theta-1 [GSTT1] null/present genotype) confer additional risk for cervical cancer...
- Effect of glutathione-S-transferase M1 and P1 genotypes on xenobiotic enhancement of allergic responses: randomised, placebo-controlled crossover studyFrank D Gilliland
Department of Preventive Medicine, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Lancet 363:119-25. 2004..We tested the hypothesis that null genotypes for GSTM1 and GSTT1, and GSTP1 codon 105 variants (I105 and V105) are key regulators of the adjuvant effects of diesel exhaust ..
- Polymorphisms of drug-metabolizing enzymes and risk of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemiaS Pakakasama
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine, Ramathibodi Hospital, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
Am J Hematol 79:202-5. 2005..CYP 1A1, CYP 3A4*1B, CYP 3A5*3, CYP 3A5*6, GSTM1, and GSTT1 polymorphisms were genotyped by using PCR-RFLP in 107 children with ALL and 320 healthy controls...
- Genetic polymorphisms of glutathione S-transferase T1 (GSTT1) and susceptibility to gastric cancer: a meta-analysisMostafa Saadat
Department of Biology, College of Sciences, Shiraz University, Shiraz 71454, Iran
Cancer Sci 97:505-9. 2006The association between glutathione S-transferase T1 (GSTT1) polymorphism and gastric cancer risk has been both confirmed and refuted in a number of published studies. Most of these studies were based on small sample sizes...
- Glutathione S-transferase polymorphisms and colorectal cancer: a HuGE reviewS C Cotton
Department of Medicine and Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine and Medical Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Scotland
Am J Epidemiol 151:7-32. 2000The genes glutathione S-transferase M1 (GSTM1) (chromosome 1p13.3) and glutathione S-transferase T1 (GSTT1) (22q11...
- Expression of glutathione S-transferase alpha, P1-1 and T1-1 in the human gastrointestinal tractW C de Bruin
Department of Gastroenterology, St Radboud University Hospital, PO Box HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Jpn J Cancer Res 91:310-6. 2000..sections of different gastrointestinal tissues were analyzed immunohistochemically for GSTalpha, GSTP1-1 and GSTT1-1 expression using specific antibodies...
- Detection and characterization of a novel functional polymorphism in the GSTT1 geneAnna Karin Alexandrie
Unit of Work Environment Toxicology, Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
Pharmacogenetics 12:613-9. 2002A novel functional polymorphism in the GSTT1 gene associated with the non-conjugator phenotype has been identified...
- GSTM1, GSTT1, and GSTP1 polymorphism and lung cancer risk in relation to tobacco smokingJoachim Schneider
Priv Doz Dr med Joachim Schneider, Institut und Poliklinik für Arbeits und Sozialmedizin, der Justus Liebig Universität, Aulweg 129 III, D 35385 Giessen, Germany
Cancer Lett 208:65-74. 2004The impact of genetic polymorphisms in GSTM1, GSTP1 or GSTT1 on susceptibility to lung cancer has received particular interest since these enzymes play a central role in detoxification of major classes of tobacco carcinogens...
- GSTT1, GSTM1 and CYP2E1 genetic polymorphisms in gastric cancer and chronic gastritis in a Brazilian populationJucimara Colombo
Departamento de Biologia, UNESP Campus de São José do Rio Preto SP, Brazil
World J Gastroenterol 10:1240-5. 2004To test the hypothesis that, in the Southeastern Brazilian population, the GSTT1, GSTM1 and CYP2E1 polymorphisms and putative risk factors are associated with an increased risk for gastric cancer.
- Glutathione pathway genes and lung cancer risk in young and old populationsP Yang
Division of Epidemiology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Carcinogenesis 25:1935-44. 2004..Using PCR amplification of genomic DNA, polymorphic markers for gammaGCS, GPX1, GSTP1 (I105V and A114V), GSTM1 and GSTT1 were genotyped...
- Glutathione S-transferases M1, T1, and P1 and breast cancer: a pooled analysisFlorian D Vogl
IARC, Lyon, France
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 13:1473-9. 2004..Deletion polymorphisms in the genes GSTM1 and GSTT1 and a base transition polymorphism at codon 105 (Ile-->Val) in GSTP1 were investigated in relation to breast ..
- Glutathione-S-transferase gene polymorphisms (GSTT1, GSTM1, GSTP1) as increased risk factors for asthmaLulufer Tamer
Deparment of Biochemistry, Medical Faculty, Mersin University, Mersin, Turkey
Respirology 9:493-8. 2004..In the present study, the hypothesis that polymorphisms in the GSTT1, GSTM1 and GSTP1 genes are associated with atopic and nonatopic asthma was examined.
- Gender, smoking, glutathione-S-transferase variants and bladder cancer incidence: a population-based studyMargaret R Karagas
Section of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, Dartmouth Medical School, 7927 Rubin Building One Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756, USA
Cancer Lett 219:63-9. 2005..Recent work further suggests that susceptibility to the carcinogenic effects of tobacco on the bladder may differ among men and women...
- Oxidative stress-related gene polymorphism and the risk of preeclampsiaYoung Ju Kim
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ewha Womans University, 911 1 MokDong Yangcheonku, Seoul 151 070, Korea
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 119:42-6. 2005..The purpose of this study was to determine whether genetic variability in oxidative stress-related enzymes contributes to individual preeclampsia susceptibility differences...
- Glutathione s-transferase polymorphisms (GSTM1, GSTP1 and GSTT1) and the risk of acute leukaemia: a systematic review and meta-analysisZheng Ye
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Institute of Public Health, University of Cambridge, Strangeways Research Laboratory, Worts Causeway, Cambridge CB1 8RN, UK
Eur J Cancer 41:980-9. 2005Glutathione s-transferase (GST) polymorphisms (GSTM1, GSTP1 and GSTT1) have been considered as risk factors for developing acute leukaemia in a number of studies; however the overall results of such studies are inconsistent...
- GSTT1, GSTM1 and GSTP1 genetic polymorphisms and interaction with tobacco, alcohol and occupational exposure in esophageal cancer patients from North IndiaMeenu Jain
Department of Medical Genetics, Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Raebareily Road, Lucknow 226014, India
Cancer Lett 242:60-7. 2006..Frequencies of GSTT1 null, GSTM1 null and GSTP1 genotypes did not differ between patients and controls...
- Lack of association between the glutathione-s-transferase genes (GSTT1 and GSTM1) and nasal polyposisHamdi Arbag
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Selcuk, Meram Medical School, Konya, Turkey
Rhinology 44:14-8. 2006To evaluate the glutation-S-transferase (GST) polymorphisms (GSTM1 and GSTT1) in nasal polyposis (NP).
- [Genetic polymorphism of gluthation-S transferases and N-acetyl transferases 2 and nasopharyngeal carcinoma: the Tunisia experience]Katia Bendjemana
Laboratoire de Biologie Clinique, Institut de carcinologie Salah Azaiez, Bab Saadoun, 1007 Tunis, Tunisie
Bull Cancer 93:297-302. 2006..The presence of the GSTM1 null and GSTT1 null polymorphism was screened by using a multiplex PCR procedure...
- Polymorphisms in metabolic genes related to tobacco smoke and the risk of gastric cancer in the European prospective investigation into cancer and nutritionAntonio Agudo
Unit of Epidemiology, Catalan Institute of Oncology, L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Av Gran Via s n km 2 7, 08907 Barcelona, Spain
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 15:2427-34. 2006..at the association between risk of gastric adenocarcinoma and polymorphisms in genes CYP1A1, CYP1A2, EPHX1, and GSTT1. A nested case-control study was carried out within the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and ..
- Variable drug metabolism genes in Arab populationR Bu
King Fahad National Center for Children s Cancer and Research, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Pharmacogenomics J 4:260-6. 2004..The frequencies of alleles and/or genotypes for CYP1A1*2A, GSTT1 null, GSTT1 and GSTM1 double null, and GSTP1 A1578G in Arabs were significantly higher than those reported in ..
- Pharmacogenetic profiling in patients with advanced colorectal cancer treated with first-line FOLFOX-4 chemotherapyAnnamaria Ruzzo
Institute of Biochemistry G Fornaini, University of Urbino, Urbino, Italy
J Clin Oncol 25:1247-54. 2007....
- Association of CYP1B1 codon 432 mutant allele in head and neck squamous cell cancer is reflected by somatic mutations of p53 in tumor tissueY Ko
Department of Internal Medicine Medizinische Universitäts Poliklinik, University of Bonn, 53111 Bonn, Germany
Cancer Res 61:4398-404. 2001..the effects that the genetic variants of the cytochrome (CYP)1A1, CYP1B1, glutathione-S-transferase (GST)M1, GSTT1, and GSTP1 genes have on modifying the risk of smoking-related HNSCC...
- Glutathione S-transferase genotypes and allergic responses to diisocyanate exposureP Piirilä
Departments of Occupational Medicine, Finnish Institute of Occupational Health, Helsinki, Finland
Pharmacogenetics 11:437-45. 2001..We examined whether polymorphisms in the GSTM1, GSTM3, GSTP1 and GSTT1 genes modify allergic responses to diisocyanate exposure...
- Glutathione S-transferase T1-null genotype interacts synergistically with heavy smoking on lung cancer riskS M Hou
Environmental Medicine Unit, Department of Biosciences, The Karolinska Institute, Center for Nutrition and Toxicology CNT NOVUM, Huddinge, Sweden
Environ Mol Mutagen 38:83-6. 2001We studied the influence of genotype for glutathione S-transferase T1 (GSTT1) on susceptibility to lung cancer among 184 Swedish lung cancer patients (88 never-smokers and 96 ever-smokers) and 162 matched population controls (79 never-..
- Randomized trial of PEITC as a modifier of NNK metabolism in smokersJian Min Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2012..The protective effect is confined to individuals with glutathione S-transferase (GST) M1 null-null or GSTT1 null-null genotype, and is particularly evident among those with the null genotypes of both GSTM1 and GSTT1...
- Genetic Susceptibility Factors in Porphyria Cutanea Tarda (PCT)Karl Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2009..samples will be prepared from patients and controls and genotyped for specific CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP2E1, GSTM1 and GSTT1 polymorphisms, and the results analyzed as related to phenotype (e.g...
- Investigating gene x environment interaction using human exposures to O3 & LPSDavid B Peden; Fiscal Year: 2010..Other common single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of interest exist in NF-E2, related factor 2 (NRF2), GSTP1, GSTT1, glutathione peroxdiase (GPX1), Heme oxygenase-1 (HO-1), and Superoxidase dismutase 2 (SOD2), theCD14 gene ..
- Epidemiological Research on Autism in JamaicaMohammad H Rahbar; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, we will assess the role of select polymorphisms in glutathione-S-transferase genes (GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1), and their potential interactions with these heavy metals in relation to ASD...
- Mohammad H Rahbar; Fiscal Year: 2016..Furthermore, we will assess the role of select polymorphisms in GST genes (GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1), and their potential interactions with these OCs in relation to ASD...
- GLUTATHIONE TRANSFERASES IN HUMANS: DIETARY INFLUENCESJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2006..a randomized crossover feeding trial to identify effects of CYP1A2C734A genotypes and variants of GSTM1 and GSTT1 and cruciferous and apiaceous (i.e...
- Beverly H Koller; Fiscal Year: 2014..with the majority of genetic studies focused on polymorphisms in GSTP1, a member of the pi family and GSTM1 and GSTT1, members of the mu and theta families...
- Allergies, Genetic Susceptibility and Adult Glioma RiskDominique S Michaud; Fiscal Year: 2011..Studies have also reported associations with detoxification genes, especially GSTT1 and GSTP1...
- Pharmacogenetics of Tamoxifen and Chemotherapies and Risk of Contralateral BreastJane C Figueiredo; Fiscal Year: 2010..e., CYP3A5, GSTM1, GSTP1, GSTT1);anthracyclines (i.e., CYP3A5, MDR1, GSTM1, GSTP1, GSTT1) and antimetabolites (i.e., DHFR, TS, MTHFR) ...
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and birth outcomes in Mexico CityMARIE SYLVIA O'NEILL; Fiscal Year: 2013..DNA samples from mother and infant will be used to type genetic polymorphisms (CYP1A1, GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1, Xrcc1, XPD) relevant to the hypothesized mechanisms...
- EPIDEMIOLOGY OF INFANT LEUKEMIAJulie Ross; Fiscal Year: 2007..leukemia; b) obtain DNA from infant cases to investigate genetic polymorphisms (including NQ01, MTHFR, GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTPi, MPO, COMT, IGF1) associated with infant leukemia; c) obtain DNA from case mothers and investigate the ..
- DIET AND GENETIC RISKS FOR LUNG CANCERRuth Patterson; Fiscal Year: 2002..e., CYP2D6, CYP2El, CYP1Al, GSTM1, GSTT1, and EH)...
- GST, ENVIRONMENT FACTORS AND BREAST CANCER RISKTongzhang Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2000..case-control study is to examine the association between genetic variability in three major GSTs, namely, GSTM1, GSTT1, and GSTP1 and the susceptibility to breast cancer...
- Molecular Analysis of Esophageal Cancer SurvivalMatthew Kulke; Fiscal Year: 2007..the association between overall survival and the presence of specific genetic polymorphisms (GSTP1, GSTM1, GSTT1, CYP1A1, CYP3A5, p53, XRCC1 and ERCC2) in patients with esophageal cancer...
- Genetic Susceptibilty to Cardiovascular Effects of Arsenic ExposureYu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..the cardiovascular effects of As exposure differ by polymorphisms in genes related to As methylation (GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTO1, GSTP1, MTHFR, and AS3MT genes) and genes related to oxidative stress (NOS3, SOD2, and CYBA) and ..
- Oxidative Stress, DNA Repair & Colorectal Adenoma RiskMichael Goodman; Fiscal Year: 2009..marker of potentially pro- oxidant iron intake), and genotyping for polymorphisms of five antioxidant genes (GSTT1, GSTM1, MnSOD, EC-SOD, and GPX1) and five arachidonic acid-metabolizing genes (COX-2, LOX-5, LOX-12, LOX15 and ..
- GENE-ENVIRONMENT EFFECTS AND COLON ADENOMASHenry Lin; Fiscal Year: 2000..The project will characterize polymorphic genes for NAT1, NAT2, GSTM1, GSTM3, GSTT1, PGHS-1, PGHS-2, and cPLA2 in all subjects...
- Pharmacogenetics: Breast Cancer Treatment and PrognosisChristine Ambrosone; Fiscal Year: 2005..cancer cell death, and those in the secondary line of defense against products of oxidative stress (GSTM1, GSTT1), may also impact disease-free survival after treatment for breast cancer...
- Exploring Gene-Environment Factors in Child Brain TumorsBeth Mueller; Fiscal Year: 2004..nitrosamines and other chemicals into cancer-causing intermediates; 2) Glutathione S-transferase (GST) (GSTP1, GSTT1, and GSTM1), which code for Phase II enzymes that detoxify organochlorine pesticides, nitrosoureas, CYP-activated ..
- Metabolic Polymorphisms and Survival from Brain TumorsMelissa Bondy; Fiscal Year: 2004..We will determine the frequencies of GSTM1, GSTT1, and GSTP1 polymorphisms in 350 cases by polymerase chain reaction and restriction fragment length polymorphisms...
- ENDOMETRIAL CANCER AND CYP1A1, GSTM1 AND POLYMORPHISMSNoel Weiss; Fiscal Year: 1999..The genes of interest are: cytochrome P450 1A1 (CYP1A1), glutathione-S-transferases M1 (GSTM1) and T1 (GSTT1), and catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT)...
- ETS Exposure and Genetics: Youth at Risk for CV DiseaseMartha Tingen; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specific candidate genes involved in these biotransformation reactions include CYP1A1, GSTM1, GSTT1, and CYP2A6...
- PHARMACOGENETIC DETERMINANTS OF FETAL SOMATIC MUTATIONMarjorie Romkes; Fiscal Year: 2002..enzymes involved in the metabolism of chemicals found in cigarette smoke, specifically CYP1A1, CYP2E1, GSTM1, GSTT1, NAT1*, and NAT2*...
- Pancreas cancer analysis-SF Bay Area case-control studyELIZABETH HOLLY; Fiscal Year: 2005..to PC; and 2) to evaluate the relationships between factors in Aim 1 and previously determined polymorphisms (GSTT1, GSTM1, CYPIA1, XRCC1). Detailed data were collected for this study about each factor of interest...
- Prostate Microenvironmental & Prostate Cancer ProgressionJune Chan; Fiscal Year: 2009..lycopene, total carotenoids, alpha- &gamma- tocopherol, and selenium) and genotypes (i.e. MnSOD, GPX1, GSTM1, GSTT1, XRCC1, OGG1) are associated with: (Aim 1) prostate cancer clinical phenotype: (Aim 2) prostate tumor genomic ..
- Determinants of Breast Cancer SurvivalMelissa Bondy; Fiscal Year: 2006..that modulate host sensitivity to therapeutic agents, including the glutathione sulfotransferase (GSTpi, GSTM1, GSTT1); enzymes important in defending against chemical injury by catalyzing conjugation of reactive electrophilic ..
- Using Tobacco Biomarkers to Improve Smoking Cessation RatesStephen Wilson; Fiscal Year: 2009..influence racial differences in DNA adducts, we will explore whether polymorphisms in 4 candidate genes (GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1, and NAT2) modify the relationship between African American race and WBC DNA adducts...
- Drug Metabolism, DNA Repair & Second CancersDebra Friedman; Fiscal Year: 2003..The genes chosen for study include methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR), Glutathione-S-transferase (GST), GSTT1, GSTM1, GSTM3, GSTP1, Cytochrome P-450 (CYP) CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP3A4, thiopurine methyltransferase, methylguanine ..
- Molecular Epidemiology of Myelodysplastic SyndromesSara Strom; Fiscal Year: 2002..following markers associated with activation and detoxification of chemical carcinogens (CYP2E1, CYP1A1, CYP1B1, GSTT1, GSTM1, GSTP1, NQO1, and MPO)...
- Gene-gene interaction in nasopharyngeal carcinomaYIN YAO; Fiscal Year: 2005..and function of 5 CYP genes (CYP1A1, CYP1A2, CYP2D6, CYP2E1, CYP1B1) and a few other polymorphisms (GSTM1, GSTT1, NQO1, NAT1 and NAT2) contribute to the development of NPC and to test for the interaction with high risk ..
- TOBACCO METABOLISM GENES AND GASTRIC CANCERAnna Wu; Fiscal Year: 1999..the hypotheses that the risk of gastric cancer is increased among individuals who: a) possess the GSTM1 null, the GSTT1 null and/or the GSTP1 GG genotypes; and b) carry mutant CYP1A1 alleles...
- GENE-ENVIRONMENT INTERACTIONS: THE ODYSSEY COHORTSandra Hoffman; Fiscal Year: 2003..nutrients and hormones (MTHFR, VDR, CYP17, CYP1B1, COMT, CYP3A4 ); 2) metabolize carcinogens (ADH, GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1, NAT1 and NAT2, NOS, CYP1A1, CYP1B1, EH); and 3) control DNA repair processes (XRCC1, XRCC3, XPD)...
- Carcinogen Metabolism Enzyme Expression in Buccal CellsSIMON SPIVACK; Fiscal Year: 2003..panel of carcinogen metabolizing enzymes in buccal mucosa, including Ahr, ER, CYP1B1, CYP1A1, GSTM1, GSTM3, GSTP1, GSTT1, NQO1...
- Alpha-1 AD Carriers and Lung Cancer RiskPing Yang; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Health and QOL among Long-Term Lung Cancer SurvivorsPing Yang; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Individual Promoter SNP and CpG Methylation SignaturesSIMON SPIVACK; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- CASE CONTROL STUDY OF RISK FACTORS FOR WILMS TUMORAndrew Olshan; Fiscal Year: 2002..This study will provide important new advances in our understanding of Wilms tumor given the study size, quality of exposure assessment, and incorporation of clinical and biological markers of etiologic heterogeneity. ..
- Inflammatory Biomarkers and Colorectal Cancer RiskGong Yang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Overall, this study will contribute significantly to the understanding of the role of inflammation in the etiology of CRC and to the development of new strategies for the assessment of CRC risk. ..
- Implications of Genomics Research on Racial DefinitionSeymour Garte; Fiscal Year: 2003..A new paradigm of gene-specific variation will be developed for a biomedically useful method of division of the human population into groups based on criteria different from current definitions of race. ..
- Air Pollution, Inflammation and New Onset AsthmaFrank Gilliland; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- FACTORS IN CHILDHOOD LUNG SUSCEPTIBILITY TO POLLUTIONFrank Gilliland; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Gene Environment Interaction in Head and Neck CancerAndrew Olshan; Fiscal Year: 2005..The proposed study should contribute knowledge on gene-environment interactions for cancer of the head and neck, but also for other tobacco- and alcohol-related cancers and possibly cancers of unknown etiology. ..
- THERAPY-RELATED LEUKEMIA--CLINICAL/BIOLOGIC PREDICTORSStella Davies; Fiscal Year: 2002..The identification of markers of early progression to t-MDS/AML during or after therapy will also allow modification of therapy and/or the development of treatment with chemopreventive agents such as retinoids. ..
- Resistance and Response Mechanisms to Prostate Cancer TherapyTOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will test the effectiveness of novel treatments that exploit newly discovered targets in the laboratory and lay the foundation for human trials to develop effective prostate cancer treatment. ..
- Glucuronidation in Humans--Genotypes and PhenotypesJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2004..The randomized cross-over design will allow us to test efficiently for diet effects within individuals, as well as for gene-by-diet and sex-by-diet interactions. ..
- Acupuncture for hot flashes in prostate cancer patientsTOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2004..The overall goal is to provide prostate cancer patients an effective, low toxicity, non-pharmacologic treatment modality for hot flashes. ..
- ADDUCTS AS QUANTITATIVE MARKERS OF BUTADIENE MUTAGENESISJames Swenberg; Fiscal Year: 2009..Ultimately these data will improve our understanding of critical mechanisms of toxicity and ability to accurately assess the risk of BD to humans. ..
- LIPID PEROXIDATION IN COLORECTAL CANCERManuela Gago Dominguez; Fiscal Year: 2009..CAT), glutathione S- transferase A1 (GSTA1), glutathione S-transferase M1 (GSTM1), glutathione S-transferase T1 (GSTT1), glutathione S-transferase P1 (GSTP1), NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase (NQ01), catechol-O-methyl transferase (COMT)..
- COMMUNITY BASED STUDY ON OCCUPATIONAL ASTHMA, ECRHS-OAManolis Kogevinas; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- UGT Polymorphisms and Hormonally-Mediated Biomarkers in Premenopausal WomenJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Gene-Nutrient Interactions and Breast CancerSUSAN STECK; Fiscal Year: 2007..between cruciferous vegetable intake, urinary isothiocyanate (ITC) excretion, and polymorphisms in GSTM1, GSTT1 and GSTP1 in control subjects to determine whether having the non-null or active genotype for GSTM1, GSTT1 and/or ..
- MAMMARY ESTROGEN METABOLISM AND BREAST CANCER RISKFritz Parl; Fiscal Year: 2004..The applicants will measure catechol estrogens in tissues selected by genotype and matched by menopausal status and body mass index and compare the results to those in their in vitro and cell line experiments. ..
- International Lung Cancer Consortium: Pooled analysis o*Paul Brennan; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Breast Cancer, Benign Breast Disease, and Isoflavone Metabolism in Chinese WomenJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- The Risk of Cancer in Fanconi Anemia HeterozygotesMarianne Berwick; Fiscal Year: 2005..Analyses will be undertaken to evaluate the role of Fanconi anemia heterozygosity for cancer. If carriers are found to be at increased risk, this information can be used to target individuals for cancer prevention strategies. ..
- ANTIOXIDANTS AND FEMALE HORMONES IN THE ETIOLOGY OF RAElizabeth Karlson; Fiscal Year: 2002..RA will be confirmed by a screening questionnaire regarding rheumatic symptoms and review of medical records. The study will identify potentially modifiable risk factors for primary prevention of RA. ..
- Hormone Status Postmenopause: Colonic Bacterial EffectsJohanna Lampe; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of this study will provide novel data regarding the relationship of the equol-producer phenotype, a marker of colonic nticrofloral environment, to lifetime estrogen exposure. ..
- Glutathione S-transferase polymorphisms in PARK1 parkin*Lawrence Golbe; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Oxidative Damage in Smokers and Passive SmokersGladys Block; Fiscal Year: 2003..smokers 6) To determine the level of vitamin C required by smokers to attain the plasma vitamin C levels of non-smokers 7) To study the effect of supplemental vitamin C or antioxidant cocktail on other plasma antioxidants ..
- LC-MS/MS FOR HIGHLY SENSITIVE BIOMARKER DETECTIONJames Swenberg; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- THE SINGAPORE COHORT STUDY OF DIET AND CANCERJian Min Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Disruption of Glutathione S-Transferase M1 in MiceMARGIE CLAPPER; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- A Genome-Wide Association Study of Non-Hodgkin LymphomaChristine F Skibola; Fiscal Year: 2010..The data generated from this study will provide a framework for further investigation within the NHL consortium, InterLymph. Results will later be combined with that from other InterLymph case-control studies in pooled analyses. ..
- 2006 Drinking Water Disinection By-Product (DBP) Gordon ConferenceSusan Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2006..Issues to be covered include new reproductive/developmental toxicological issues, human exposure, chemistry of formation, and remaining cancer issues. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MELANOMA AND ALLELIC VARIATION IN THE MCIR GENEPeter Kanetsky; Fiscal Year: 2005..Result from this project may provide valuable insight into the genetic predisposition to melanoma seen in some families, and may lead to more efficient mechanisms of primary prevention and clinical follow-up within these families. ..
- Conotruncal defects: genetic and nutritional riskEDWARD JAMES LAMMER; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- A Novel Vitamin D Target in Human Prostate CancerTOMASZ BEER; Fiscal Year: 2007..New treatment targets are needed to develop new drugs to treat prostate cancer, the most commonly diagnosed cancer and the second-leading cancer killer in US men. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Isothiocyanates as specific antagonists of human SXRDavid Eaton; Fiscal Year: 2009..Finally, they could help to further elucidate the risks and benefits of sulforaphane, a potential dietary phytochemical that has been proposed as a safe 'nutraceutical'compound to reduce cancer risk. ..
- Metabolism and Pharmacogenetics in MDMA-Induced ToxicityRafael de la Torre; Fiscal Year: 2009..A study will compare MDMA toxicity when co-adminsitered with the MRP1 inhibitor probenecid. ..
- CLINICAL AND EPIDEMIOLOGIC CENTER FOR BIOMARKERS OF UPPEMargaret Spitz; Fiscal Year: 2004..The team of investigators is multi-disciplinary and will be able to respond in a timely and flexible manner to network directives, and to enhance and augment the network's research capabilities. ..
- Allergic Condition Biomarkers and Glioma RiskJudith Schwartzbaum; Fiscal Year: 2004..Assuming a 0.05 significance level and 80 percent power, depending on the polymorphism, the proposed sample is large enough to detect a confounding-adjusted odds ratios of 0.6. ..
- Biobehavioral-Smoking Profiles in Mexican-American YouthMargaret Spitz; Fiscal Year: 2008..These findings will enable us to develop culturally and age-appropriate school- and community-based smoking cessation interventions. ..
- DIET AND DURATION OF CERVICAL HPV INFECTIONMARC GOODMAN; Fiscal Year: 2009....