Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HCN1
Description: hyperpolarization activated cyclic nucleotide gated potassium channel 1
Alias: BCNG-1, BCNG1, EIEE24, HAC-2, potassium/sodium hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated channel 1, brain cyclic nucleotide-gated channel 1
Publications192 found, 100 shown here
- Countervailing modulation of Ih by neuropeptide Y and corticotrophin-releasing factor in basolateral amygdala as a possible mechanism for their effects on stress-related behaviorsChantelle J Giesbrecht
Department of Pharmacology, School of Molecular and Systems Medicine, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2H7, Canada
J Neurosci 30:16970-82. 2010..Electrophysiological and immunocytochemical data were consistent with a major role for the HCN1 subunit...
- Role of subunit heteromerization and N-linked glycosylation in the formation of functional hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated channelsBarbara Much
Department Pharmazie Pharmakologie für Naturwissenschaften, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Butenandtstrasse 7, 81377 Munchen, Germany
J Biol Chem 278:43781-6. 2003..We also identified HCN1/HCN2 heteromers in mouse brain indicating that heteromeric channels exist in vivo...
- Genome-wide association study identifies novel breast cancer susceptibility lociDouglas F Easton
CR UK Genetic Epidemiology Unit, Department of Public Health and Primary Care, University of Cambridge, Cambridge CB1 8RN, UK
Nature 447:1087-93. 2007..05 level compared with an estimated 1,343 that would be expected by chance, indicating that many additional common susceptibility alleles may be identifiable by this approach...
- Mutation analysis of the hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated channels HCN1 and HCN2 in idiopathic generalized epilepsyBin Tang
Department of Human Genetics, Emory University, 615 Michael Street, Whitehead Building, Suite 301, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Neurobiol Dis 29:59-70. 2008Hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated (HCN1-4) channels play an important role in the regulation of neuronal rhythmicity...
- Trafficking and gating of hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated channels are regulated by interaction with tetratricopeptide repeat-containing Rab8b-interacting protein (TRIP8b) and cyclic AMP at distinct sitesYe Han
Davee Department of Neurology and Clinical Neurosciences, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Biol Chem 286:20823-34. 2011..Interaction with the last three amino acids of the HCN1 C terminus governed the effect of TRIP8b on channel trafficking, whereas TRIP8b interaction with the HCN1 cyclic ..
- TRIP8b-independent trafficking and plasticity of adult cortical presynaptic HCN1 channelsZhuo Huang
Department of Pharmacology, UCL School of Pharmacy, University College London, London, WC1N 1AX, United Kingdom
J Neurosci 32:14835-48. 2012....
- De novo mutations in HCN1 cause early infantile epileptic encephalopathyCaroline Nava
1 INSERM UMR 975, institut du cerveau et de la moelle épinière, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France 2 CNRS 7225, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris, France 3 Université Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6 UPMC, UMRS 975, Paris, France 4 Assistance Publique Hôpitaux de Paris AP HP, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Département de Génétique et de Cytogénétique, Unité Fonctionnelle de Neurogénétique Moléculaire et Cellulaire, Paris, France 5
Nat Genet 46:640-5. 2014..Studies in rat models have shown that the Hcn1 gene has a key role in epilepsy, but clinical evidence implicating HCN1 mutations in human epilepsy is lacking...
- Involvement of hyperpolarization-activated, cyclic nucleotide-gated cation channels in dorsal root ganglion in neuropathic painYou Wan
Neuroscience Research Institute and Department of Neurobiology, Peking University, Beijing 100191, China
Sheng Li Xue Bao 60:579-80. 2008..The genes encoding HCN channels have four subtypes named HCN1 to HCN4. HCN channels are permeable to both K(+) and Na(+)...
- Comparison of ion-channel subunit expression in canine cardiac Purkinje fibers and ventricular muscleWei Han
Department of Medicine and Research Center, Montreal Heart Institute and University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Circ Res 91:790-7. 2002..For the nonselective cation current, hyperpolarization-activated cation channel 1 (HCN1) expression was subquantifiable, HCN2 transcript expression was comparable in PFs and VM, and HCN4 mRNA expression ..
- HCN1 channel subunits are a molecular substrate for hypnotic actions of ketamineXiangdong Chen
Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
J Neurosci 29:600-9. 2009..Here, we present an alternative, behaviorally relevant molecular substrate for anesthetic effects of ketamine: the HCN1 pacemaker channels that underlie a neuronal hyperpolarization-activated cationic current (I(h))...
- HCN subunit-specific and cAMP-modulated effects of anesthetics on neuronal pacemaker currentsXiangdong Chen
Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Neurosci 25:5803-14. 2005..in voltage dependence of activation and a decrease in maximal current amplitude; these effects can be ascribed to HCN1 and HCN2 subunits, respectively, and both actions are recapitulated in heteromeric HCN1-HCN2 channels...
- Fission yeast APC/cyclosome subunits, Cut20/Apc4 and Cut23/Apc8, in regulating metaphase-anaphase progression and cellular stress responsesY M Yamashita
CREST Research Project, Department of Biophysics, Graduate School of Science, Japan
Genes Cells 4:445-63. 1999..The complex has been shown to contain more than 10 proteins in budding yeast and frog. In fission yeast, however, only five (Cut4, Cut9, Nuc2, Apc10, Hcn1) have been identified.
- Hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated channel mRNA and protein expression in large versus small diameter dorsal root ganglion neurons: correlation with hyperpolarization-activated current gatingE V Kouranova
Discovery Neuroscience, Wyeth Research, Princeton, NJ 08543 8000, USA
Neuroscience 153:1008-19. 2008..We studied HCN1-4 channel mRNA and protein expression and correlated these findings with I(h) functional properties in rat DRG ..
- Differential distribution and function of hyperpolarization-activated channels in sensory neurons and mechanosensitive fibersThanh N Doan
Rammelkamp Center for Education and Research, MetroHealth Medical Center, and Department of Neurosciences, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio 44109 1998, USA
J Neurosci 24:3335-43. 2004..demonstrated a differential distribution of hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated (HCN) protein (HCN1, HCN2, HCN4) in sensory neurons and peripheral terminals...
- Sensitivity to anticancer agents and resistance mechanisms in clear cell carcinoma of the ovaryHiroaki Itamochi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tottori University School of Medicine, Yonago 683 8504
Jpn J Cancer Res 93:723-8. 2002..The present study revealed several resistance mechanisms in CCC and the results suggested that PTX and CPT-11 might be effective agents to treat CCC...
- Galectin-3 may contribute to Cisplatin resistance in clear cell carcinoma of the ovaryT Oishi
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Tottori University School of Medicine, Yonago, Japan
Int J Gynecol Cancer 17:1040-6. 2007..0% vs 15.0%, P = 0.0004). The present study showed that the expression of galectin-3 in CCC might contribute to its lower cell proliferation and lead to CDDP resistance...
- Calcium-dependent binding of HCN1 channel protein to hair cell stereociliary tip link protein protocadherin 15 CD3Neeliyath A Ramakrishnan
Department of Otolaryngology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
J Biol Chem 284:3227-38. 2009The cytoplasmic amino terminus of HCN1, the primary full-length HCN isoform expressed in trout saccular hair cells, was found by yeast two-hybrid protocols to bind the cytoplasmic carboxyl-terminal domain of a protocadherin 15a-like ..
- Inward rectifying currents stabilize the membrane potential in dendrites of mouse amacrine cells: patch-clamp recordings and single-cell RT-PCRAmane Koizumi
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Massachusetts General Hospital, Wellman 429, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Mol Vis 10:328-40. 2004..To explore the possible existence of inward rectifying currents in the distal dendrites of amacrine cells...
- Environmental manipulations early in development alter seizure activity, Ih and HCN1 protein expression later in lifeUlrich Schridde
Department of Neurology, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06520 8018, USA
Eur J Neurosci 23:3346-58. 2006..might be correlated with changes in Ih and its channel subunits hyperpolarization-activated cation channel HCN1, 2 and 4...
- Diabetes alters protein expression of hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated channel subunits in rat nodose ganglion cellsH Tu
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, 68198, USA
Neuroscience 165:39-52. 2010..In the sham NG, HCN1, HCN3, and HCN4 were expressed in the A-fiber neurons; and HCN2, HCN3, and HCN4 were expressed in the C-fiber ..
- Hyperpolarization-activated and cyclic nucleotide-gated channels are differentially expressed in juxtaglomerular cells in the olfactory bulb of miceHans Ulrich Fried
Abteilung Molekulare Neurosensorik, Center of Advanced European Studies and Research, Bonn, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 339:463-79. 2010..Oscillations also appear crucial for information processing in the olfactory bulb. Four channel isoforms exist (HCN1-HCN4) that can form homo- or heteromers...
- An impaired neocortical Ih is associated with enhanced excitability and absence epilepsyUlf Strauss
Department of Neurology, University Rostock, Gehlsheimer Strasse 20, 18147 Rostock, Germany
Eur J Neurosci 19:3048-58. 2004..layer 2-3 pyramidal neurons with immunohistochemistry, Western blot and RT-PCR analysis of the h-channel subunits HCN1-4...
- Oncolytic viral therapy for cervical and ovarian cancer cells by Sindbis virus AR339 strainYouichi Unno
Department of Reproductive Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba University, Inohana, Chiba, Japan
Clin Cancer Res 11:4553-60. 2005..Sindbis virus (SIN) is an RNA virus that belongs to the Alphavirus genus in the Togaviridae virus family. The AR339 strain of SIN has not been reported to induce any serious disease to humans...
- Comparative genomics on FGF7, FGF10, FGF22 orthologs, and identification of fgf25Yuriko Katoh
M and M Medical BioInformatics, Hongo 113 0033, Japan
Int J Mol Med 16:767-70. 2005..Zebrafish fgf25 was a novel FGF family member generated by the duplication of fgf10. FGF10-MRPS30-HCN1 locus at human chromosome 5p12 and FGF22-POLRMT-HCN2 locus at 19p13...
- Voltage sensor movement and cAMP binding allosterically regulate an inherently voltage-independent closed-open transition in HCN channelsShan Chen
Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Gen Physiol 129:175-88. 2007..dual regulation for HCN2 channels, which activate with slow kinetics that are strongly accelerated by cAMP, and HCN1 channels, which activate with rapid kinetics that are weakly enhanced by cAMP...
- Characterisation of hyperpolarization-activated currents (I(h)) in the medial septum/diagonal band complex in the mouseNeil P Morris
School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Leeds, Worsley Building, Leeds LS2 9NQ, UK
Brain Res 1006:74-86. 2004..Immunofluoresence using antibodies against HCN1, 2 and 4 channel subunits revealed that all three HCN subunits are expressed in neurons in the MS/DB, including ..
- The in vivo phosphorylation sites in multiple isoforms of amphiphysin I from rat brain nerve terminalsGeorge E Craft
Cell Signalling Unit, Children s Medical Research Institute, The University of Sydney, Locked Bag 23, Wentworthville, New South Wales 2145, Australia
Mol Cell Proteomics 7:1146-61. 2008..receptor-bound 2 (Grb2)-like (endophilin)-interacting protein 1), AAK1, eps15R, MAP6, alpha/beta-adducin, and HCN1. The results reveal two sets of amphI phosphosites that are either dynamically turning over or constitutively ..
- Bradycardic and proarrhythmic properties of sinus node inhibitorsJuliane Stieber
Institut fur Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, TU Munchen, Biedersteiner Str 29, 80802 Munchen, Germany
Mol Pharmacol 69:1328-37. 2006..All three substances blocked the slow inward current through human HCN1, HCN2, HCN3, and HCN4 channels...
- Preferential localization of the hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated cation channel subunit HCN1 in basket cell terminals of the rat cerebellumRafael Lujan
Facultad de Medicina, Centro Regional de Investigaciones Biomédicas, Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, Campus Biosanitario, Avda de Almansa s n, 02006 Albacete, Spain
Eur J Neurosci 21:2073-82. 2005..and immunohistochemical techniques to reveal the developmental expression and subcellular distribution of the HCN1 subunit in the cerebellar cortex...
- Homeostatic regulation of synaptic excitability: tonic GABA(A) receptor currents replace I(h) in cortical pyramidal neurons of HCN1 knock-out miceXiangdong Chen
Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Neurosci 30:2611-22. 2010..In cortical pyramidal neurons from wild-type mice, HCN1 channels underlie a dendritic hyperpolarization-activated cationic current (I(h)) that serves to limit temporal ..
- Functional characterisation and subcellular localisation of HCN1 channels in rabbit retinal rod photoreceptorsGian Carlo Demontis
Dipartimento di Psichiatria, Neurobiologia, Farmacologia e Biotecnologie, Universita di Pisa, Via Bonanno, 6 56126 Pisa, Italy
J Physiol 542:89-97. 2002..Using immunocytochemistry we show the expression in the inner segment and cell body of the isoform 1 (HCN1)...
- Hyperpolarization-activated, cyclic AMP-gated, HCN1-like cation channel: the primary, full-length HCN isoform expressed in a saccular hair-cell layerW J Cho
Department of Otolaryngology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Lande Medical Research Building, 540 East Canfield Avenue, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Neuroscience 118:525-34. 2003..sequence, cloning of PCR products amplified with degenerate primers indicated an expression frequency of 7:2:1 (HCN1:HCN2:HCN4) for the hair-cell sheet compared with 1:1:7 for brain...
- Bioartificial sinus node constructed via in vivo gene transfer of an engineered pacemaker HCN Channel reduces the dependence on electronic pacemaker in a sick-sinus syndrome modelHung Fat Tse
Department of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Circulation 114:1000-11. 2006..We hypothesized that overexpression of an engineered HCN construct via somatic gene transfer offers a flexible approach for fine-tuning cardiac pacing in vivo...
- Inherited cortical HCN1 channel loss amplifies dendritic calcium electrogenesis and burst firing in a rat absence epilepsy modelMaarten H P Kole
Division of Neuroscience, John Curtin School of Medical Research, Australian National University, ACT, 0200, Canberra, Australia
J Physiol 578:507-25. 2007..epilepsy (WAG/Rij) that a rapid decline in expression of hyperpolarization-activated cyclic-nucleotide gated (HCN1) channels (I(h)) precedes the onset of seizures, suggesting that the loss of HCN1 channel expression is inherited ..
- L-carnosine, a substrate of carnosinase-1, influences glucose metabolismSibylle Sauerhöfer
Institute for Anatomy and Cell Biology 1, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Diabetes 56:2425-32. 2007..Recently, we have identified an allelic variant of human CN1 (hCN1) that results in increased enzyme activity and is associated with susceptibility for diabetic nephropathy in human ..
- Aldosterone modulates I(f) current through gene expression in cultured neonatal rat ventricular myocytesTakao Muto
Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, Department of Bio Information Analysis, Nagoya University, Nagoya 464 8601, Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H2710-8. 2007..3% and HCN4 mRNA by 47.2%, whereas HCN1 mRNA expression remains unaffected. Aldosterone (24-h incubation) increases the expression of HCN2 protein (by 60...
- Low-conductance HCN1 ion channels augment the frequency response of rod and cone photoreceptorsAndrew J Barrow
Department of Bioengineering, Rice University, Houston, Texas 77005, USA
J Neurosci 29:5841-53. 2009..properties of HCN channels in salamander rods and cones, from the biophysical to the functional level, showing that HCN1 is the predominant isoform in both cells, and demonstrate how HCN1 channels speed up the light response of both ..
- Regulation of HCN channel surface expression by a novel C-terminal protein-protein interactionBina Santoro
Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Columbia University, New York, New York 10032, USA
J Neurosci 24:10750-62. 2004Hyperpolarization-activated cation currents (I(h)) are carried by channels encoded by a family of four genes (HCN1-4) that are differentially expressed within the brain in specific cellular and subcellular compartments...
- Sinus node dysfunction and hyperpolarization-activated (HCN) channel subunit remodeling in a canine heart failure modelStephen Zicha
Department of Medicine and Research Center, Montreal Heart Institute and University of Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cardiovasc Res 66:472-81. 2005....
- Dendritic Ih ensures high-fidelity dendritic spike responses of motion-sensitive neurons in rat superior colliculusToshiaki Endo
Division of Behavioral Development, Department of Developmental Physiology, Center for Genetic Analysis of Behavior, National Institute for Physiological Sciences, Okazaki, Japan
J Neurophysiol 99:2066-76. 2008..Combination of whole cell recordings and immunohistochemical investigations suggested that HCN1 channels dominantly contribute to the I(h) in WFV cells among HCN isoforms expressed in the superficial superior ..
- Hyperpolarization-activated, cyclic nucleotide-gated, cation non-selective channel subunit expression pattern of guinea-pig spiral ganglion cellsG Bakondi
Department of Physiology, University of Debrecen, H 4012, Debrecen, Hungary
Neuroscience 158:1469-77. 2009..Besides determining the expression of the HCN1-HCN4 subunits by both type I and type II SGCs, the presence of possible apico-basal gradients in the expression ..
- Synergistic effects of inward rectifier (I) and pacemaker (I) currents on the induction of bioengineered cardiac automaticityYau Chi Chan
Cardiology Division, Department of Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 20:1048-54. 2009..Although the 2 strategies have been largely assumed synergistic, their complementarity has not been investigated...
- HCN channels are not required for mechanotransduction in sensory hair cells of the mouse inner earGeoffrey C Horwitz
Department of Neuroscience, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e8627. 2010..The HCN family of ion channels includes four members, HCN1-4...
- Cloning and localization of the hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated channel family in rat brainL M Monteggia
Laboratory of Molecular Psychiatry and Yale Center for Genes and Behavior, Yale University School of Medicine, 34 Park Street, New Haven, CT 06508, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 81:129-39. 2000..In this study, we report the molecular cloning and localization by in situ hybridization of HCN1-4 in adult rat brain...
- Dominant-negative suppression of HCN1- and HCN2-encoded pacemaker currents by an engineered HCN1 construct: insights into structure-function relationships and multimerizationTian Xue
Institute of Molecular Cardiobiology, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Circ Res 90:1267-73. 2002..Despite the fact that I(f) has been known for over 20 years, the encoding genes, namely HCN1 to 4, have only recently been identified...
- The effect of tertiary butylhydroperoxide and nicotinamide on human cortical neuronsManisha Sonee
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy, South Dakota State University, 57007, Brookings, SD, USA
Neurotoxicology 24:443-8. 2003..In our study, the human cortical neuronal cell line HCN1-A has been used to determine the mechanism of action of nicotinamide at the cellular level...
- Molecular and functional analysis of hyperpolarisation-activated nucleotide-gated (HCN) channels in the enteric nervous systemJ Xiao
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology and Centre for Neuroscience, University of Melbourne, Parkville, 3010 Victoria, Australia
Neuroscience 129:603-14. 2004..We investigated the expression and localization of HCN isoforms in the ENS of mice, rats and guinea-pigs. HCN1, HCN2 and HCN4 were expressed in enteric neurons...
- An arginine residue in the pore region is a key determinant of chloride dependence in cardiac pacemaker channelsChristian Wahl-Schott
Department Pharmazie Pharmakologie für Naturwissenschaften, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Butenandtstr 7 13, 81377 Munchen, Germany
J Biol Chem 280:13694-700. 2005..In contrast, the neuronal HCN1 current was reduced to only 50% under the same conditions...
- Pore-to-gate coupling of HCN channels revealed by a pore variant that contributes to gating but not permeationEzana M Azene
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 327:1131-42. 2005..Here we investigated the role of the outer pore residue A354 in HCN1 gating by systematically converting it to the equivalent residues (T, Y, and F) found in K(+)-channels...
- Hysteresis in the voltage dependence of HCN channels: conversion between two modes affects pacemaker propertiesRoope Mannikko
Department of Neuroscience, The Nobel Institute for Neurophysiology, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
J Gen Physiol 125:305-26. 2005..Mammalian HCN1 channels display similar effects in their ionic currents, suggesting that the mammalian HCN channels also undergo ..
- Modulation of cyclic nucleotide-regulated HCN channels by PIP(2) and receptors coupled to phospholipase CPhillip Pian
Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY, 10032, USA
Pflugers Arch 455:125-45. 2007..We coexpressed HCN1 or HCN2 channels in Xenopus oocytes with the PLC-coupled bradykinin BK(2) receptor, the muscarinic M1 receptor, or ..
- Novel pharmacological activity of loperamide and CP-339,818 on human HCN channels characterized with an automated electrophysiology assayYan T Lee
Discovery Neuroscience, Wyeth Research, CN 8000, Princeton, NJ 08543 8000, United States
Eur J Pharmacol 581:97-104. 2008..Using a new IonWorks HT electrophysiology assay with human HCN1 and HCN4 expressed stably in cell lines, four HCN channel blockers are characterized...
- In the ventral cochlear nucleus Kv1.1 and subunits of HCN1 are colocalized at surfaces of neurons that have low-voltage-activated and hyperpolarization-activated conductancesD Oertel
Department of Physiology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, 1300 University Avenue, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Neuroscience 154:77-86. 2008..pole, and of similar cells along the ventrolateral edge of the PVCN, were brightly labeled by an antibody against HCN1 that was colocalized with labeling for Kv1.1...
- Reciprocal modulation of I (h) and I (TASK) in thalamocortical relay neurons by halothaneThomas Budde
Institut fur Physiologie I, Westfalische Wilhelms Universitat Munster, Robert Koch Str 27a, 48149, Munster, Germany
Pflugers Arch 456:1061-73. 2008..revealed protein expression of the hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated (HCN) channel proteins HCN1, HCN2, and HCN4...
- Associated changes in HCN2 and HCN4 transcripts and I(f) pacemaker current in myocytesQi Zhang
Center for Cardiovascular and Respiratory Sciences, Department of Physiology, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, West Virginia 26506, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1788:1138-47. 2009..Four isoforms (HCN1-HCN4) have been identified...
- Declines in levels of hyperpolarization-activated cation (HCN) channels in the rat ovary after cisplatin exposureJohn Yeh
Department of Gynecology Obstetrics, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14222, USA
Reprod Sci 16:986-94. 2009..of the 4 hyperpolarization-activated cation (hyperpolarization-activated, cyclic nucleotide-gated [HCN]) channels (HCN1-4), channels associated with rhythmic electrical bursting, varies in the different cells of the ovary...
- Tanshinone IIA selectively enhances hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-modulated (HCN) channel instantaneous currentQiansheng Liang
Department of Emergency Medicine, Tongji Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
J Pharmacol Sci 110:381-8. 2009..Similar but 2.3-fold less sensitivity to tanshinone IIA was observed in the HCN1 subtype. More significant effect on HCN2 and MiRP1 co-expression was observed...
- Probing the bradycardic drug binding receptor of HCN-encoded pacemaker channelsYau Chi Chan
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Queen Mary Hospital, Li Ka Shing Faculty of Medicine, University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Pflugers Arch 459:25-38. 2009If (or Ih), encoded by the hyperpolarization-activated, cyclic nucleotide-gated (HCN1-4) channel gene family, contributes significantly to cardiac pacing...
- A transcriptomic analysis of type I-III neurons in the bed nucleus of the stria terminalisRimi Hazra
Department of Psychiatry and Division of Behavioral Neuroscience and Psychiatric Disorders, Yerkes National Primate Research Center, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 46:699-709. 2011..mRNA from single neurons was probed for the expression of transcripts for each of the α subunits of I(h) (HCN1-HCN4), I(T) (Ca(v)3.1-Ca(v)3.3), I(A) (K(v)1.4, K(v)3.4, K(v)4.1-K(v) 4.3) and I(K(IR)) (Kir2.1-Kir2.4)...
- TRIP8b splice forms act in concert to regulate the localization and expression of HCN1 channels in CA1 pyramidal neuronsRebecca Piskorowski
Department of Neuroscience, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Neuron 70:495-509. 2011b>HCN1 channel subunits, which contribute to the hyperpolarization-activated cation current (Ih), are selectively targeted to distal apical dendrites of hippocampal CA1 pyramidal neurons...
- Genetic analysis of hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated cation channels in sudden unexpected death in epilepsy casesEmily Tu
Agnes Ginges Centre for Molecular Cardiology, Centenary Institute, Newtown, Australia
Brain Pathol 21:692-8. 2011..Hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated cation (HCN1-4) channels are ion channels involved in generating spontaneous rhythmic activity in cardiac pacemaker and neuronal ..
- Corticospinal-specific HCN expression in mouse motor cortex: I(h)-dependent synaptic integration as a candidate microcircuit mechanism involved in motor controlPatrick L Sheets
Department of Physiology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Neurophysiol 106:2216-31. 2011..corticospinal neurons and low in corticostriatal and corticocortical neurons, a pattern mirrored by mRNA levels for HCN1 and Trip8b subunits...
- Novel blockers of hyperpolarization-activated current with isoform selectivity in recombinant cells and native tissueMartina Del Lungo
CIMMBA, Department of Pharmacology, University of Florence, Firenze, Italy Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 166:602-16. 2012..KEY RESULTS In HEK293 cells, EC18 was found to be significantly selective for HCN4 and MEL57A for HCN1 at physiological membrane potential...
- Role of HCN channels in neuronal hyperexcitability after subarachnoid hemorrhage in ratsBo Li
Department of Neurosurgery, College of Basic Medical Sciences, Third Military Medical University, Chongqing 400038, Peoples Republic of China
J Neurosci 32:3164-75. 2012..Additionally, Hb perfusion scavenged the production of nitric oxide and decreased the expression of HCN1 subunits in CA1 region...
- Dorsoventral differences in intrinsic properties in developing CA1 pyramidal cellsBéatrice Marcelin
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale INSERM, UMR 1106, Marseille, F 13385 France
J Neurosci 32:3736-47. 2012..Resonance responded to cAMP in ventral but not in dorsal cells. The dorsoventral distribution of HCN1 and HCN2 subunits and of the auxiliary protein tetratricopeptide repeat-containing Rab8b-interacting protein (..
- Expression and properties of hyperpolarization-activated current in rat dorsal root ganglion neurons with known sensory functionL L Gao
School of Physiology and Pharmacology, Medical Sciences Building, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, UK
J Physiol 590:4691-705. 2012..Most neurons had τ values consistent with HCN1-related I(h); others had τ values closer to HCN1+HCN2 channels, or HCN2 in the presence of cAMP...
- Enhancement of dorsal hippocampal activity by knockdown of HCN1 channels leads to anxiolytic- and antidepressant-like behaviorsChung Sub Kim
Center for Learning and Memory, The Institute for Neuroscience, and Section of Neurobiology University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
Neuron 75:503-16. 2012..TRIP8b knockout mice lacking functional HCN channels as well as both HCN1 and HCN2 knockout mice have been shown to display antidepressant-like behaviors...
- HCN1 subunits contribute to the kinetics of I(h) in neonatal cortical plate neuronsLuminita Stoenica
Institute of Cell Biology and Neurobiology, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
Dev Neurobiol 73:785-97. 2013..Our previous study implied a role for the fastest activating subunit HCN1 in the generation of Ih in rat neonatal cortical plate neurons...
- Remodeling of hyperpolarization-activated current, Ih, in Ah-type visceral ganglion neurons following ovariectomy in adult ratsGuo Fen Qiao
State Key Laboratory of Robotics and System, Harbin Institute of Technology, Harbin, Heilongjiang, China
PLoS ONE 8:e71184. 2013..Also, HCN1 mRNA levels were reduced by ∼30% in nodose ganglia from OVX rats compared with their non-OVX counterparts...
- Prefrontal cortex HCN1 channels enable intrinsic persistent neural firing and executive memory functionSébastien J Thuault
Department of Neuroscience, Columbia University, New York, NY, USA
J Neurosci 33:13583-99. 2013In many cortical neurons, HCN1 channels are the major contributors to Ih, the hyperpolarization-activated current, which regulates the intrinsic properties of neurons and shapes their integration of synaptic inputs, paces rhythmic ..
- Capsazepine concentration dependently inhibits currents in HEK 293 cells mediated by human hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated 2 and 4 channelsGuang Feng Zuo
Department of Cardiology, Nanjing First Hospital, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, 210006, China
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 238:1055-61. 2013..of currents (Ih) mediated by hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated (HCN) channels (particularly HCN1) may partly account for the antinociceptive effects of capsazepine (CPZ)...
- Cyclic nucleotide mapping of hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated (HCN) channelsStefan Möller
Department of Biochemistry, University of Kassel, Heinrich Plett Straße 40, 34132 Kassel, Germany
ACS Chem Biol 9:1128-37. 2014..with modifications in the nucleobase, ribose moiety, and cyclic phosphate was tested on the three isoforms HCN1, HCN2, and HCN4...
- Developmental increase in hyperpolarization-activated current regulates intrinsic firing properties in rat vestibular ganglion cellsR Yoshimoto
Department of Otolaryngology, Graduate School of Medical and Dental Sciences, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo, Japan
Neuroscience 284:632-42. 2015..expression of hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated cation (HCN) channels revealed that expression of HCN1 protein and its mRNA increased during the developmental period, whereas expression of HCN2-4 protein and its mRNA ..
- [Inhibition of HCN1 channels by ketamine accounts for its antidepressant actions]Jing Li
Department of Anesthesia, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban 45:888-92, 932. 2014To investigate the roles of hyperolarization-actived cyclic nucleotide-gated channels 1 (HCN1) in antidepressant actions of ketamine (KET).
- Nitric oxide selectively suppresses IH currents mediated by HCN1-containing channelsCornelia Kopp-Scheinpflug
Division of Neurobiology, Department Biology II, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Großhadernerstr 2, 82152, Planegg Martinsried, Germany
J Physiol 593:1685-700. 2015..Channel properties depend upon subunit composition (HCN1-4 and accessory subunits) as demonstrated in expression systems, but physiological relevance requires investigation ..
- Increased expression of HCN2 channel protein in L4 dorsal root ganglion neurons following axotomy of L5- and inflammation of L4-spinal nerves in ratsT Smith
Department of Molecular and Clinical Pharmacology, Sherrington Buildings, University of Liverpool, L69 3GE, UK
Neuroscience 295:90-102. 2015..Therefore, in the present study we used the mSNA model to investigate whether: (a) expression of HCN1-HCN3 channels is altered in L4 DRG neurons which, in the mSNA model, are essential for transmission of the evoked ..
- Protein kinase C bidirectionally modulates Ih and hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated (HCN) channel surface expression in hippocampal pyramidal neuronsAaron D Williams
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, University of Washington
J Physiol 593:2779-92. 2015Hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated (HCN) channels, particularly that of the HCN1 isoform, are enriched in the distal dendrites of hippocampal CA1 pyramidal neurons; these channels have physiological functions with respect ..
- Alterations in CA1 pyramidal neuronal intrinsic excitability mediated by Ih channel currents in a rat model of amyloid beta pathologyM J Eslamizade
Department of Neuroscience, School of Advanced Technologies in Medicine, Iran University of Medical Sciences, Hemmat Highway, Tehran, Iran Neuroscience Research Center and Department of Physiology, Medical School, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Evin, Tehran, Iran Shefa Neuroscience Research Center, Khatam Alanbia Hospital, Tehran, Iran
Neuroscience 305:279-92. 2015..The enhancing effect of Aβ treatment on Ih current was confirmed by showing upregulation of the mRNA of HCN1 channel in the CA1 pyramidal layer of hippocampi...
- Dopaminergic Neurons Exhibit an Age-Dependent Decline in Electrophysiological Parameters in the MitoPark Mouse Model of Parkinson's DiseaseSarah Y Branch
Departments of Physiology
J Neurosci 36:4026-37. 2016..Interestingly, expression of ion channel subunits associated with impulse activity (Cav1.2, Cav1.3, HCN1, Nav1.2, and NavB3) was upregulated in older MitoPark mice...
- GENOME-WIDE INTERACTION WITH SELECTED TYPE 2 DIABETES LOCI REVEALS NOVEL LOCI FOR TYPE 2 DIABETES IN AFRICAN AMERICANSJacob M Keaton
Molecular Genetics and Genomics Program, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC, 27157, USA2Center for Genomics and Personalized Medicine Research, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC, 27157, USA3Center for Diabetes Research, Wake Forest School of Medicine, Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC, 27157, USA
Pac Symp Biocomput 22:242-253. 2016..interactions were observed at several loci including DGKB (rs978989), CDK18 (rs12126276), CXCL12 (rs7921850), HCN1 (rs6895191), FAM98A (rs1900780), and MGMT (rs568530)...
- Essential roles of AMPA receptor GluA1 phosphorylation and presynaptic HCN channels in fast-acting antidepressant responses of ketamineKe Zhang
Department of Physiology, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, 1135 Lincoln Drive, Carbondale, IL 62901, USA
Sci Signal 9:ra123. 2016..completely occluded by inhibition or deletion of the hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated channel 1 (HCN1)...
- Characterization of the human HCN1 channel and its inhibition by capsazepineCatherine H Gill
Neurology and GI CEDD, GlaxoSmithKline, New Frontiers Science Park North, Third Avenue, Harlow, Essex CM19 5AW
Br J Pharmacol 143:411-21. 2004..The development of structural analogues of capsazepine may yield compounds that could selectively inhibit HCN channels and prove useful for the treatment of neurological disorders where a role for HCN channels has been described...
- Formation of heteromeric hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated (HCN) channels in the hippocampus is regulated by developmental seizuresAmy L Brewster
Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4475, USA
Neurobiol Dis 19:200-7. 2005..kinetic and gating properties of HCN-mediated currents are largely determined by the type of subunits--for example, HCN1 and HCN2--that assemble to form homomeric channels...
- Retinal bipolar cell types differ in their inventory of ion channelsElena Ivanova
Institut für Biologische Informationsverarbeitung 1, Forschungszentrum Julich, Julich, Germany
Vis Neurosci 23:143-54. 2006..HCN channel isoforms HCN1-4 are differentially expressed in bipolar cells...
- Hyperpolarization-activated cation channels in fast-spiking interneurons of rat hippocampusYexica Aponte
Physiologisches Institut, Universitat Freiburg, Hermann Herder Str 7, D 79104 Freiburg, Germany
J Physiol 574:229-43. 2006..analysis using reverse transcription followed by quantitative polymerase chain reaction revealed that BCs coexpress HCN1 and HCN2 subunit mRNA, suggesting the formation of heteromeric HCN1/2 channels...
- Elevation in type I interferons inhibits HCN1 and slows cortical neuronal oscillationsKonstantin Stadler
Institute of Cell Biology and Neurobiology
Cereb Cortex 24:199-210. 2014..directly exposed to type I IFNs, the hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide (HCN)-gated channel subunit HCN1 was specifically affected. The effect required an intact type I receptor (IFNAR) signaling cascade...
- Molecular mechanisms that drive estradiol-dependent burst firing of Kiss1 neurons in the rostral periventricular preoptic areaChunguang Zhang
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland Oregon
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 305:E1384-97. 2013..scPCR analysis of Kiss1 neurons revealed abundant expression of the HCN1 channel transcripts...
- Differential expression of HCN subunits alters voltage-dependent gating of h-channels in CA1 pyramidal neurons from dorsal and ventral hippocampusKelly A Dougherty
Center for Learning and Memory, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, USA
J Neurophysiol 109:1940-53. 2013..Here we investigated the hyperpolarization-activated current (I(h)) and the expression of HCN1 and HCN2 channel subunits in CA1 pyramidal neurons from the DHC and VHC...
- Embryonic stem cell-derived CD166+ precursors develop into fully functional sinoatrial-like cellsAngela Scavone
Department of Biosciences, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milano, Italy
Circ Res 113:389-98. 2013..So far, such selection has been hampered by the lack of proper markers. CD166 is specifically but transiently expressed in the mouse heart tube and sinus venosus, the prospective SAN...
- Molecular and functional analysis of hyperpolarization-activated pacemaker channels in the hippocampus after entorhinal cortex lesionA U Bräuer
Department of Cell and Neurobiology, Humboldt University Hospital, Charite, Institute of Anatomy, 10115 Berlin, Germany
FASEB J 15:2689-701. 2001..ECL) revealed decreases in mRNA encoding the neuronal hyperpolarization-activated, cyclic nucleotide-gated channel HCN1. In situ hybridization confirmed that hippocampal transcripts of HCN1, but not HCN2/3/4, are down-regulated after ..
- Hyalinized stroma in clear cell carcinoma of the ovary: how is it formed?Noriko Kato
Department of Pathology, Yamagata University School of Medicine, 2 2 2 Iida nishi, Yamagata, 990 9585, Japan
Hum Pathol 43:2041-6. 2012..All of these findings showed that clear cell carcinoma cells themselves form hyalinized stroma by depositing self-made basement membrane materials in the intercellular spaces...
- HCN1 and HCN2 proteins are expressed in cochlear hair cells: HCN1 can form a ternary complex with protocadherin 15 CD3 and F-actin-binding filamin A or can interact with HCN2Neeliyath A Ramakrishnan
Laboratory of Bio Otology, Department of Otolaryngology, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
J Biol Chem 287:37628-46. 2012A unique coupling between HCN1 and stereociliary tip-link protein protocadherin 15 has been described for a teleost vestibular hair-cell model and mammalian organ of Corti (OC) (Ramakrishnan, N. A., Drescher, M. J., Barretto, R. L...
- Two pacemaker channels from human heart with profoundly different activation kineticsA Ludwig
Institut fur Pharmakologie und Toxikologie der Technischen Universitat Munchen, Biedersteiner Strasse 29, 80802 Munchen, Germany
EMBO J 18:2323-9. 1999..Recently, three full-length cDNAs encoding hyperpolarization-activated and cyclic nucleotide-gated cation channels (HCN1-3) have been cloned from mouse brain...
- Molecular cloning of a putative voltage- and cyclic nucleotide-gated ion channel present in the antennae and eyes of Drosophila melanogasterT Marx
Ruhr Universitat Bochum, Fakultat fur Biologie, Lehrstuhl fur Zellphysiologie, ND4, Universitätsstr150, D 44780 Bochum, Germany
Invert Neurosci 4:55-63. 1999..As shown by in situ hybridization, a pronounced mRNA expression was detected in neuronal tissue, including sensory tissue like the compound eyes, and the olfactory and the auditory organs...
- Absence epilepsy and sinus dysrhythmia in mice lacking the pacemaker channel HCN2Andreas Ludwig
Institut fur Pharmakologie und Toxikologie, Technische Universitat Munchen, D 80802 München, Germany
EMBO J 22:216-24. 2003..The contributions of the four individual HCN channel isoforms (HCN1-4) to these diverse functions are not known...
- KCNE2 modulates current amplitudes and activation kinetics of HCN4: influence of KCNE family members on HCN4 currentsNiels Decher
Department of Physiology, University of Utah, Eccles Institute of Human Genetics, 15 N 2030 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
Pflugers Arch 446:633-40. 2003..description of KCNE2, which is highly expressed in the sinoatrial node, as a beta-subunit of rapidly activating HCN1 and HCN2 channels...
- Dissecting the structural and functional roles of the S3-S4 linker of pacemaker (hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-modulated) channels by systematic length alterationsSuk Ying Tsang
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Biol Chem 279:43752-9. 2004..We have recently reported that the S3-S4 linker (i.e. residues 229EKGMDSEVY237 of HCN1) prominently influences the activation phenotypes of HCN channels and that part of the linker may conform a ..
- The murine HCN3 gene encodes a hyperpolarization-activated cation channel with slow kinetics and unique response to cyclic nucleotidesPavel Mistrik
Department of Pharmazie, Pharmakologie für Naturwissenschaften, Ludwig Maximilians Universitat Munchen, Butenandtstr 7, 81377 Munchen, Germany
J Biol Chem 280:27056-61. 2005..The properties of three HCN channel isoforms (HCN1, HCN2, and HCN4) have been extensively investigated...
- HCN1 ion channel immunoreactivity in spinal cord and medulla oblongataCarol J Milligan
Institute of Membrane and Systems Biology, University of Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK
Brain Res 1081:79-91. 2006..Here, we examined the distribution of HCN1 channel subunits in the brainstem and spinal cord using immunohistochemistry...
- Quantitative analysis and subcellular distribution of mRNA and protein expression of the hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated channels throughout development in rat hippocampusAmy L Brewster
Department of Anatomy, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4475, USA
Cereb Cortex 17:702-12. 2007..HCN) cation channels, we tested the hypothesis that understanding the quantitative developmental profiles of HCN1, HCN2, and HCN4 expression, and the isoform- and age-specific progression of their subcellular distribution, should ..
- Tryptophan-scanning mutagenesis in the S1 domain of mammalian HCN channel reveals residues critical for voltage-gated activationTakahiro M Ishii
Department of Physiology, Kyoto University, Kyoto 606 8501, Japan
J Physiol 579:291-301. 2007..There are four subtypes in mammals (HCN1-4); HCN4 has the slowest activation kinetics and HCN1 the fastest...
- The Role of Neuronal Integration in Working MemoryEric R Kandel; Fiscal Year: 2010..neuronal function in the prefrontal cortex and the hippocampus using restricted deletion of the gene encoding the HCN1 (hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated, non-selective cation) channel...
- Anesthetic Action: Molecular Substrates &Neural MechanismsDouglas A Bayliss; Fiscal Year: 2013..Aim 1, which builds on recently published results from our laboratory, is that selective inhibition of dendritic HCN1 channels in cortical pyramidal neurons contributes to anesthetic-induced hypnosis...
- HCN1 channels in hippocampal function and spatial memorySteven A Siegelbaum; Fiscal Year: 2012..This proposal focuses on the contribution to spatial learning and memory of the HCN1 hyperpolarization-activated channel, which is highly expressed in the dendrites of hippocampal CA1 pyramidal ..
- Daniel Johnston; Fiscal Year: 2016..we found a significant reduction in dendritic K+ and h channels, and recently we showed that a knockdown of the HCN1 subunit for h channels in dorsal hippocampus produces anti-depression and anti-anxiety like behaviors in rats...
- DONATA OERTEL SUGDEN; Fiscal Year: 2014..Neurons that encode timing in the cochlear nuclei of mice that lack the HCN1 subunit have reductions not only in gh but also in gKL...
- Gene Therapy for Treatment of EpilepsyDane M Chetkovich; Fiscal Year: 2010..Four closely related genes (Hcn1-4) coding for distinct channel subunit proteins (HCN1-4) have been identified;these channels have been implicated ..
- Trafficking of HCN1 ion channelsRebecca A Piskorowski; Fiscal Year: 2010..In particular, I will examine the trafficking of the hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated HCN1 channel, which is targeted to distal dendrites of pyramidal neurons, and whose surface expression is regulated by ..
- Febrile Seizure Model - Neuronal Injury and MechanismsTallie Z Baram; Fiscal Year: 2012..First, in vitro systems will be used to determine how these developmental seizures lead to down-regulation of the HCN1 isoform expression and increased expression of HCN2, by testing hypotheses about seizure-evoked, calcium-mediated ..
- Dane M Chetkovich; Fiscal Year: 2016..In hippocampal pyramidal neurons, h channel subunits HCN1 and HCN2 are dramatically enriched in distal compared to proximal dendrites, a phenomenon critical for neuronal ..
- Steven A Siegelbaum; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The HCN1 hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide regulated cation channel regulates the electrical activity of several types of neurons in the brain and spinal cord...
- Regulation of HCN channel trafficking and function in the brain by TRIP8bSteven A Siegelbaum; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The HCN1 hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide regulated cation channel regulates the electrical activity of several types of neurons in the brain and spinal cord...
- Molecular Physiology of the Pacemaker ChannelsRonald A Li; Fiscal Year: 2013..If, encoded by the hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated or HCN1-4 channel gene family, figures prominently in cardiac pacing...
- The Role of TRIP8b in Neuronal HCN Channel TraffickingALAN SETH LEWIS; Fiscal Year: 2012..interactor of h channels to demonstrate pyramidal neuron DDE in both the hippocampus and cortex mimicking that of HCN1 and 2. Additionally, TRIPSb has been shown to regulate Ih density in oocytes...
- Role of TRIP8b in epilepsyDane M Chetkovich; Fiscal Year: 2012..Four subunits, HCN1-4, combine to form h channels and are expressed differentially throughout the brain...
- Sheila A Baker; Fiscal Year: 2014..proteins to the inner segment plasma membrane: the hyperpolarization-activated cyclic nucleotide-gated channel (HCN1), Na/K-ATPase and synaptophysin...
- Arie Sitthichai Mobley; Fiscal Year: 2014..HCN channels are gated by cAMP, which can affect channel kinetics depending on which of the four HCN subunits (HCN1-4) are present...
- Mechanisms of embryonic olfactory sensory neuron axon targetingArie Sitthichai Mobley; Fiscal Year: 2010..directly test the effect of HCN on axon outgrowth and branching, and finally, explore how the absence of the HCN1 subunit affects OSN convergence and targeting...
- Role of cAMP and HCN channels in stress-induced prefrontal dysfunctionNAO JENNIFER GAMO; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 3 will use novel adenoviral techniques to test whether knockdown of HCN1 channels in rat PFC will protect PFC from the cognitive and architectural changes produced by chronic stress ..
- Activity-dependent Regulation of HCN*/hippocampusAmy Brewster; Fiscal Year: 2006..Of the four HCN genes, HCN1 and HCN2 are prominently expressed in the hippocampus, with HCN1 as the dominant HCN isoform in CA1 pyramidal ..
- Modulation of h-channels in hippocampal dendritiesNICHOLAS POOLOS; Fiscal Year: 2007..If funded, this proposal will enable the PI's transition to an independent clinician-scientist with a career focus on both basic and clinical aspects of epilepsy. ..
- HIGH FREQUENCY BURST FIRING IN VISUAL CORTEXHal Blumenfeld; Fiscal Year: 2002..The information provided by these studies may yield insights into the mechanisms of normal cortical rhythmic oscillations, and suggest new therapies for the therapeutic management of epileptic seizures. ..
- Preventing spike-wave epileptogenesis: critical periods & neuroimaging biomarkersHal Blumenfeld; Fiscal Year: 2010..untreated animals. We will also investigate the anatomical basis of white matter DTI abnormalities through electron microscopy to determine changes in axons and myelin in affected regions. 2. ..