Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HDAC1
Description: histone deacetylase 1
Alias: GON-10, HD1, RPD3, RPD3L1, histone deacetylase 1, reduced potassium dependency, yeast homolog-like 1
Publications352 found, 100 shown here
- Histone deacetylases specifically down-regulate p53-dependent gene activationL J Juan
National Health Research Institutes, 128 Yen Chiu Yuan Road, Sec 2, Taipei 115, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 275:20436-43. 2000..In support of this idea, GST pull-down and immunoprecipitation assays show that p53 interacts with HDAC1 both in vitro and in vivo...
- Role of the Sin3-histone deacetylase complex in growth regulation by the candidate tumor suppressor p33(ING1)A Kuzmichev
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biochemistry, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey 08854, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:835-48. 2002Sin3 is an evolutionarily conserved corepressor that exists in different complexes with the histone deacetylases HDAC1 and HDAC2...
- Acetylation of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-1 by p300/CREB-binding protein regulates coactivation of NF-kappaB-dependent transcriptionPaul O Hassa
Institute of Veterinary Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 280:40450-64. 2005..Thus, acetylation of PARP-1 by p300/CREB-binding protein plays an important regulatory role in NF-kappaB-dependent gene activation by enhancing its functional interaction with p300 and the Mediator complex...
- Significance of DNA methyltransferase-1 and histone deacetylase-1 in pancreatic cancerWei Wang
Department of Gastroenterology, Changhai Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai 200433, P R China
Oncol Rep 21:1439-47. 2009..to examine expression levels of two critical enzymes, DNA methyltransferase-1 (DNMT1) and histone deacetylase-1 (HDAC1), by immunohistochemistry (IHC) in human pancreatic cancer and precancerous lesions: 20 foci containing normal ..
- Canonical Wnt signaling regulates Slug activity and links epithelial-mesenchymal transition with epigenetic Breast Cancer 1, Early Onset (BRCA1) repressionZhao Qiu Wu
Division of Molecular Medicine and Genetics, Department of Internal Medicine, Life Sciences Institute, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:16654-9. 2012..Together, these findings establish unique functional links between canonical Wnt signaling, Slug expression, EMT, and BRCA1 regulation...
- HIV-1 Tat and host AFF4 recruit two transcription elongation factors into a bifunctional complex for coordinated activation of HIV-1 transcriptionNanhai He
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Mol Cell 38:428-38. 2010..The ability of Tat to enable two different classes of elongation factors to cooperate and coordinate their actions on the same polymerase enzyme explains why Tat is such a powerful activator of HIV-1 transcription...
- SIRT1 promotes cell survival under stress by deacetylation-dependent deactivation of poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase 1Senthilkumar B Rajamohan
Department of Surgery, University of Chicago, 5841 S Maryland Avenue, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:4116-29. 2009..These data demonstrate that the activity of PARP1 is under the control of SIRT1, which is necessary for survival of cells under stress conditions...
- Snail mediates E-cadherin repression by the recruitment of the Sin3A/histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1)/HDAC2 complexHector Peinado
Departamento de Bioquimica, Instituto de Investigaciones Biomedicas Alberto Sols, Madrid, Spain
Mol Cell Biol 24:306-19. 2004..Most importantly, we demonstrate an interaction between Snail, histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) and HDAC2, and the corepressor mSin3A...
- Dynamic distribution of HDAC1 and HDAC2 during mitosis: association with F-actinShihua He
Manitoba Institute of Child Health, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
J Cell Physiol 228:1525-35. 2013During mitosis, histone deacetylase 2 (HDAC2) becomes highly phosphorylated through the action of CK2, and HDAC1 and 2 are displaced from mitotic chromosomes...
- Protein kinase CK2 regulates the dimerization of histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) and HDAC2 during mitosisDilshad H Khan
Manitoba Institute of Child Health, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 3P4, Canada
J Biol Chem 288:16518-28. 2013b>Histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) and HDAC2 are components of corepressor complexes that are involved in chromatin remodeling and regulation of gene expression by regulating dynamic protein acetylation...
- HIV-1 Vpr induces the degradation of ZIP and sZIP, adaptors of the NuRD chromatin remodeling complex, by hijacking DCAF1/VprBPClaire Maudet
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U1016, Institut Cochin, Paris, France CNRS UMR8104, Paris, France University Paris Descartes, Paris, France Institute for Molecular Infection Biology, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 8:e77320. 2013..Altogether our results highlight the existence of two host transcription factors inactivated by Vpr. The role of Vpr-mediated ZIP and sZIP degradation in the HIV-1 replication cycle remains to be deciphered. ..
- Histone deacetylase 1/mSin3A disrupts gamma interferon-induced CIITA function and major histocompatibility complex class II enhanceosome formationEleni Zika
Curriculum in Genetics and Molecular Biology, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:3091-102. 2003..This report examines the effects of histone deacetylases 1 and 2 (HDAC1/HDAC2) on MHC-II gene induction by gamma interferon (IFN-gamma) and CIITA...
- MEK1-dependent delayed expression of Fos-related antigen-1 counteracts c-Fos and p65 NF-kappaB-mediated interleukin-8 transcription in response to cytokines or growth factorsElke Hoffmann
Institute of Pharmacology, Medical School Hannover, Carl Neuberg Strasse 1, D 30625 Hannover, Germany
J Biol Chem 280:9706-18. 2005..Relative to c-Fos, the delayed recruitment of Fra-1 to the IL-8 promoter provides an example how AP-1 subunits may dampen excessive chemokine synthesis...
- HIV-1 transcription and latency: an updateCarine Van Lint
Universite Libre de Bruxelles ULB, Service of Molecular Virology, Institute of Molecular Biology and Medicine, 12, rue des Profs Jeener et Brachet, 6041, Gosselies, Belgium
Retrovirology 10:67. 2013....
- Transcriptional repression of oestrogen receptor by metastasis-associated protein 1 corepressorA Mazumdar
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Nat Cell Biol 3:30-7. 2001..These results identify ER-mediated transcription as a nuclear target of MTA1 and indicate that HDAC complexes associated with the MTA1 corepressor may mediate ER transcriptional repression by HRG...
- FIH-1: a novel protein that interacts with HIF-1alpha and VHL to mediate repression of HIF-1 transcriptional activityP C Mahon
Institute of Genetic Medicine, Departments of Pediatrics and Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21287 3914, USA
Genes Dev 15:2675-86. 2001..Involvement of VHL in association with FIH-1 provides a unifying mechanism for the modulation of HIF-1alpha protein stabilization and transcriptional activation in response to changes in cellular O(2) concentration...
- Methyl-CpG binding domain 1 (MBD1) interacts with the Suv39h1-HP1 heterochromatic complex for DNA methylation-based transcriptional repressionNaoyuki Fujita
Department of Regeneration Medicine, Institute of Molecular Embryology and Genetics, Kumamoto University, 2 2 1 Honjo, Kumamoto 860 0811, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:24132-8. 2003..These data indicate that MBD1 may tether the Suv39h1-HP1 complex to methylated DNA regions, suggesting the presence of a pathway from DNA methylation to the modifications of histones for epigenetic gene regulation...
- Histone deacetylases 1, 6 and 8 are critical for invasion in breast cancerSoon Young Park
Myunggok Medical Research Institute, College of Medicine, Konyang University, Daejeon 302 718, Republic of Korea
Oncol Rep 25:1677-81. 2011..Using specific siRNAs directed against HDAC1, 4, 6 and 8, we show that inhibition of HDAC1, 6 and 8, but not HDAC4, are responsible for invasion and MMP-9 ..
- DJ-1 transcriptionally up-regulates the human tyrosine hydroxylase by inhibiting the sumoylation of pyrimidine tract-binding protein-associated splicing factorNan Zhong
Department of Neurology, Caritas St Elizabeth s Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02135, USA
J Biol Chem 281:20940-8. 2006..TH expression by inhibiting the sumoylation of PSF and preventing its sumoylation-dependent recruitment of histone deacetylase 1. Furthermore, siRNA silencing of DJ-1 decreases the acetylation of TH promoter-bound histones, and histone ..
- TGIF2 interacts with histone deacetylase 1 and represses transcriptionT A Melhuish
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Biol Chem 276:32109-14. 2001..TGIF2 appears to be a context-independent transcriptional repressor, which can perform similar functions to TGIF and may play a role in processes, which, when disrupted by mutations in TGIF, cause holoprosencephaly...
- A novel nuclear receptor corepressor complex, N-CoR, contains components of the mammalian SWI/SNF complex and the corepressor KAP-1C Underhill
Departments of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Oncology, and Biochemistry, Cancer Research Laboratories, London Regional Cancer Centre, The University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
J Biol Chem 275:40463-70. 2000..In contrast, N-CoR-2 contained predominantly HDAC1 and HDAC2 as well as several other subunits that are found in the Sin3A.HDAC complex...
- Endogenous inhibition of histone deacetylase 1 by tumor-suppressive maspinXiaohua Li
Department of Pathology, School of Medicine, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Cancer Res 66:9323-9. 2006..Consistently, maspin also correlates with increased expression of Bax and p21WAF1/CIP1. Interestingly, histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1), a major HDAC responsible for histone deacetylation, was shown to interact with maspin in a yeast ..
- A novel domain in histone deacetylase 1 and 2 mediates repression of cartilage-specific genes in human chondrocytesSohee Hong
Cartilage Molecular Genetics Group, Cartilage Biology and Orthopaedics Branch, National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
FASEB J 23:3539-52. 2009The role of histone deacetylase 1 and 2 (HDAC1 and HDAC2) in regulating cartilage-specific gene expression was explored in primary human chondrocytes...
- AP-1 mediated transcriptional repression of matrix metalloproteinase-9 by recruitment of histone deacetylase 1 in response to interferon βMegan L Mittelstadt
Department of Biological Sciences, University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e42152. 2012..ChIP analysis shows that IFNβ induced HDAC1 recruitment to the MMP-9 promoter and IFNβ mediated transcriptional repression is lost when the AP-1 binding site ..
- X-radiation inhibits histone deacetylase 1 and 2, upregulates Axin expression and induces apoptosis in non-small cell lung cancerYang Han
Department of Pathology, College of Basic Medical Sciences, First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, North 2nd Road 92, Heping Ward, Shenyang, 110001, People s Republic of China
Radiat Oncol 7:183. 2012..The aims of this study were to investigate the relationships between HDAC1, HDAC2, clinicopathologic characteristics, patient prognosis and apoptosis, to clarify the mechanism of ..
- TAp73 protein stability is controlled by histone deacetylase 1 via regulation of Hsp90 chaperone functionJin Zhang
Comparative Oncology Laboratory, University of California at Davis, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Biol Chem 288:7727-37. 2013..In the current study, we sought to characterize the potential regulation of p73 by HDACs and found that histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) is a key regulator of TAp73 protein stability...
- Protein acetylation and histone deacetylase expression associated with malignant breast cancer progressionJunko Suzuki
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA
Clin Cancer Res 15:3163-71. 2009..However, HDAC expression and protein acetylation have not been studied in the context of breast cancer progression...
- Nuclear LYRIC/AEG-1 interacts with PLZF and relieves PLZF-mediated repressionH J Thirkettle
Uro Oncology Research Group, Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute, Cambridge, UK
Oncogene 28:3663-70. 2009..Our data suggest one mechanism for cells with altered LYRIC/AEG-1 expression to evade apoptosis and increase cell growth during tumourigenesis through the regulation of PLZF repression...
- Human papillomavirus E7 enhances hypoxia-inducible factor 1-mediated transcription by inhibiting binding of histone deacetylasesJason M Bodily
Department of Microbiology Immunology, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Cancer Res 71:1187-95. 2011..enhance HIF-1 activity mapped to the C-terminus and correlated with the displacement of the histone deacetylases HDAC1, HDAC4, and HDAC7 from HIF-1α by E7...
- The TRIM family protein KAP1 inhibits HIV-1 integrationAwatef Allouch
Molecular Biology Laboratory, Scuola Normale Superiore, Piazza dei Cavalieri 7, Pisa 56126, Italy
Cell Host Microbe 9:484-95. 2011..IN and induces its deacetylation through the formation of a protein complex which includes the deacetylase HDAC1. Modulation of intracellular KAP1 levels in different cell types including T cells, the primary HIV-1 target, ..
- The adenovirus protein Gam1 interferes with sumoylation of histone deacetylase 1Riccardo Colombo
European Institute of Oncology, Department of Experimental Oncology, Via Ripamonti 435, 20141 Milan, Italy
EMBO Rep 3:1062-8. 2002..gene product Gam1 is crucial for virus replication and induces certain cellular genes by inactivating histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1)...
- The histone variant mH2A1.1 interferes with transcription by down-regulating PARP-1 enzymatic activityKhalid Ouararhni
Laboratoire Epigénétique et Cancer, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique FRE 2944, 94801 Villejuif, France
Genes Dev 20:3324-36. 2006..mH2A1.1 recruits PARP-1 to the promoter, thereby inactivating it. Upon heat shock, the Hsp70.1 promoter-bound PARP-1 is released to activate transcription through ADP-ribosylation of other Hsp70.1 promoter-bound proteins...
- CCDC6 represses CREB1 activity by recruiting histone deacetylase 1 and protein phosphatase 1V Leone
Istituto di Endocrinologia ed Oncologia Sperimentale del CNR c o Dipartimento di Biologia e Patologia Cellulare e Molecolare, Facoltà di Medicina e Chirurgia di Napoli, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Naples, Italy
Oncogene 29:4341-51. 2010..Here, we report that CCDC6 interacts with CREB1 and represses its transcriptional activity by recruiting histone deacetylase 1 and protein phosphatase 1 proteins at the CRE site of the CREB1 target genes...
- Methyl-CpG-binding protein, MeCP2, is a target molecule for maintenance DNA methyltransferase, Dnmt1Hiromichi Kimura
Laboratory of Cellular Biochemistry, Department of Animal Resource Sciences Veterinary Medical Sciences, University of Tokyo, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:4806-12. 2003..Surprisingly, the MeCP2-Dnmt1 complex does not contain the histone deacetylase, HDAC1. Thus, Dnmt1 takes the place of the mSin3A-HDAC1 complex, indicating that the MeCP2-interacting Dnmt1 does not ..
- Proto-oncogene FBI-1 represses transcription of p21CIP1 by inhibition of transcription activation by p53 and Sp1Won Il Choi
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, BK21 Project, and Institute for Cancer Research, Yonsei University School of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
J Biol Chem 284:12633-44. 2009..FBI-1 is aberrantly overexpressed in many human solid tumors, particularly in adenocarcinomas and squamous carcinomas. The role of FBI-1 as a master controller of the p53 pathway therefore makes it an attractive therapeutic target...
- The E7 oncoprotein associates with Mi2 and histone deacetylase activity to promote cell growthA Brehm
Wellcome CRC Institute for Developmental and Cancer Biology, Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QR, UK
EMBO J 18:2449-58. 1999..This provides the first indication that viral oncoproteins control cell proliferation by targeting deacetylation pathways...
- DNA methyltransferase Dnmt1 associates with histone deacetylase activityF Fuks
Wellcome CRC Institute, Department of Pathology, Cambridge University, Cambridge, UK
Nat Genet 24:88-91. 2000..Consistent with this association, we find that one of the known histone deacetylases, HDAC1, has the ability to bind Dnmt1 and can purify methyltransferase activity from nuclear extracts...
- Association of class II histone deacetylases with heterochromatin protein 1: potential role for histone methylation in control of muscle differentiationChun Li Zhang
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9148, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:7302-12. 2002....
- The interaction of HTLV-1 Tax with HDAC1 negatively regulates the viral gene expressionTakeshi Ego
Department of Viral Oncology, Institute for Virus Research, Kyoto University, Sakyo ku, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Oncogene 21:7241-6. 2002..Here, we demonstrate the physical and functional interaction between Tax and HDAC1. We found that HDAC1 represses the trans-activation function of Tax in 293T and MT4 cells...
- ICBP90, an E2F-1 target, recruits HDAC1 and binds to methyl-CpG through its SRA domainMotoko Unoki
Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Human Genome Center, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, 4 6 1 Shiorokanedai, Minato ku, Tokyo 108 8639, Japan
Oncogene 23:7601-10. 2004..This protein constitutes a complex with HDAC1 also via its SRA domain, and bound to methylated promoter regions of various tumor suppressor genes, including ..
- Regulation of androgen receptor and histone deacetylase 1 by Mdm2-mediated ubiquitylationLuke Gaughan
Prostate Research Group, Northern Institute for Cancer Research Paul, O Gorman Building University of Newcastle Upon Tyne, Medical School Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 33:13-26. 2005..by alternate binding of either histone acetyltransferase (HAT)-containing co-activator proteins, or histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1)...
- Human PIRH2 enhances androgen receptor signaling through inhibition of histone deacetylase 1 and is overexpressed in prostate cancerIan R Logan
University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Northern Institute for Cancer Research, Paul O Gorman Building, Medical School, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 26:6502-10. 2006..response elements in the prostate-specific antigen (PSA) gene; (ii) hPIRH2 interacts with the AR corepressor HDAC1, leading to reduced HDAC1 protein levels and inhibition of transcriptional repression; (iii) hPIRH2 is required ..
- DJBP: a novel DJ-1-binding protein, negatively regulates the androgen receptor by recruiting histone deacetylase complex, and DJ-1 antagonizes this inhibition by abrogation of this complexTakeshi Niki
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences and College of Medical Technology, Hokkaido University, Kita ku, Sapporo, Japan
Mol Cancer Res 1:247-61. 2003..AR transactivation activity in monkey Cos1 cells by recruiting histone deacetylase (HDAC) complex, including HDAC1 and mSin3, and that DJ-1 partially restored its repressed activity by abrogating DJBP-HDAC complex...
- Expression of hypoxia-inducible factor-1alpha, histone deacetylase 1, and metastasis-associated protein 1 in pancreatic carcinoma: correlation with poor prognosis with possible regulationKotaro Miyake
Department of Surgery, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, Tokushima, Japan
Pancreas 36:e1-9. 2008..Inhibition of histone deacetylase shows a marked inhibition of HIF-1alpha expression; however, the association between HIF-1alpha and histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1), metastasis-associated protein 1 (MTA1) is not fully understood.
- Heat-shock factor 1 controls genome-wide acetylation in heat-shocked cellsSabrina Fritah
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, U823, Institut Albert Bonniot, Universite Joseph Fourier, F 38706 Grenoble, France
Mol Biol Cell 20:4976-84. 2009..Investigating the underlying mechanisms, we show that HSF1 specifically associates with and uses HDAC1 and HDAC2 to trigger this heat-shock-dependent histone deacetylation...
- Class I histone deacetylases 1, 2 and 3 are highly expressed in renal cell cancerFlorian R Fritzsche
Institute of Pathology, Charite Universitatsmedizin, Berlin, Germany
BMC Cancer 8:381. 2008..The over-expression of these proteins and their known functions in malignant neoplasms has led to the development of HDAC inhibitors (HDI) as new anti-neoplastic drugs. However, little is known about HDAC expression in renal cell cancer...
- Deacetylase recruitment by the C/H3 domain of the acetyltransferase p300Cristiano Simone
Laboratory of Gene Expression, Dulbecco Telethon Institute DTI at Fondazione A Cesalpino, University of Roma La Sapienza, Italy
Oncogene 23:2177-87. 2004..A prototype of class I histone deacetylases, HDAC1, interacts with p300 C/H3 domain in vitro and in vivo...
- BRG-1 is recruited to estrogen-responsive promoters and cooperates with factors involved in histone acetylationJ DiRenzo
Department of Adult Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:7541-9. 2000..increases BRG-1-mediated coactivation of ER signaling, and this increase is reversed by overexpression of histone deacetylase 1. These studies support a critical role for BRG-1 in ER action in which estrogen stimulates an ER-BRG-1 ..
- Negative regulation of bcl-2 expression by p53 in hematopoietic cellsY Wu
The Center for Molecular Biology in Medicine, Palo Alto Veterans Affairs Medical Center and the Department of Medicine, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305 5112, USA
Oncogene 20:240-51. 2001..Mutation of p53 may play a role in the up-regulation of bcl-2 expression in some B cell lymphomas...
- The developmental regulator protein Gon4l associates with protein YY1, co-repressor Sin3a, and histone deacetylase 1 and mediates transcriptional repressionPing Lu
Interdisciplinary Immunology Graduate Program, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Biol Chem 286:18311-9. 2011..Consistent with these results, immunoprecipitation studies showed that Gon4l associates with Sin3a, HDAC1, and YY1 as a part of complexes that form in M12 cells...
- In vivo complex formation of PU.1 with HDAC1 associated with PU.1-mediated transcriptional repressionF Kihara-Negishi
Department of Cell Genetics, Sasaki Institute, 2 2, Kanda Surugadai, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 101 0062, Japan
Oncogene 20:6039-47. 2001..Instead, it was found that the C-terminal aa 101-272 of PU.1 formed a complex with mSin3A and HDAC1 in vivo, which was speculated to be associated with the repression. The C-terminal region of PU...
- Direct association between PU.1 and MeCP2 that recruits mSin3A-HDAC complex for PU.1-mediated transcriptional repressionMitsuhiro Suzuki
Department of Cell Genetics, Sasaki Institute, 2 2 Kanda Surugadai, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 101 0062, Japan
Oncogene 22:8688-98. 2003..The complex disappeared from the region during the course of erythroid differentiation of MEL cells. Our results suggest that MeCP2 acts as a corepressor of PU.1 probably due to facilitating complex formation with mSin3A and HDACs...
- Stat3 dimerization regulated by reversible acetylation of a single lysine residueZheng Long Yuan
Department of Surgery, Brown University Medical School Rhode Island Hospital, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Science 307:269-73. 2005....
- Histone acetylation-independent effect of histone deacetylase inhibitors on Akt through the reshuffling of protein phosphatase 1 complexesChang Shi Chen
Division of Medicinal Chemistry, College of Pharmacy, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
J Biol Chem 280:38879-87. 2005....
- Modulation of glucocorticoid receptor-interacting protein 1 (GRIP1) transactivation and co-activation activities through its C-terminal repression and self-association domainsPei Yao Liu
Department of Biochemistry, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
FEBS J 273:2172-83. 2006..These are the first results to indicate that the structural components of GRIP1, especially those of the C terminus, might functionally modulate its putative transactivation activities and nuclear receptor co-activator functions...
- Breast cancer associated transcriptional repressor PLU-1/JARID1B interacts directly with histone deacetylasesAngela Barrett
Cancer Research UK Breast Cancer Biology Group, King s College London School of Medicine, Guy s Hospital, London, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 121:265-75. 2007..Significantly, the expression of both proteins is seen in breast cancers...
- Covalent conjugation of Groucho with SUMO-1 modulates its corepressor activityJang Won Ahn
Department of Biological Science, Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 379:160-5. 2009Groucho is a corepressor that forms a macromolecular complex for its corepressor activity, in which HDAC1 is an essential component for the modulation of chromatin structure and transcriptional repression of target genes...
- Double PHD fingers protein DPF2 recognizes acetylated histones and suppresses the function of estrogen-related receptor alpha through histone deacetylase 1Reiko Matsuyama
Institute of Molecular and Cellular Biosciences, University of Tokyo, Yayoi 1 1 1, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0032, Japan
J Biol Chem 285:18166-76. 2010..PGC-1alpha-dependent transactivation of ERRalpha by recognizing acetylated histone H3 and associating with HDAC1. DPF2 directly bound to ERRalpha and suppressed the transactivation function of nuclear receptors such as androgen ..
- Epigenetic regulation of E2F-1-dependent Bnip3 transcription and cell death by nuclear factor-κB and histone deacetylase-1Hongying Gang
Department of Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, The Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences, St Boniface General Hospital Research Centre, Winnipeg, MB, R2H 2A6, Canada
Pediatr Cardiol 32:263-6. 2011..This report highlights the intricate nature between the cellular factors E2F-1 and nuclear factor-κB (NF-κB) and the epigenetic regulation of Bnip3 gene transcription by HDAC1 for cell survival of ventricular myocytes.
- Expression of histone deacetylase 1 and metastasis-associated protein 1 as prognostic factors in colon cancerJun Higashijima
Department of Surgery, Institute of Health Biosciences, The University of Tokushima, Tokushima 770 8503, Japan
Oncol Rep 26:343-8. 2011b>Histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) and metastasis-associated protein 1 (MTA1) form the nucleosome remodeling and histone deacetylation (NuRD) complex and may possibly play a central role in cancer development...
- HEXIM1 down-regulates hypoxia-inducible factor-1α protein stabilityI Ju Yeh
Department of Pharmacology, Division of General Medical Science and Oncology, Case Comprehensive Cancer Center, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106, U S A
Biochem J 456:195-204. 2013..HEXIM1 also attenuated the interaction of HIF-1α with HDAC1 (histone deacetylase 1), resulting in acetylation of HIF-1α...
- LSD1 regulates pluripotency of embryonic stem/carcinoma cells through histone deacetylase 1-mediated deacetylation of histone H4 at lysine 16Feng Yin
Laboratory of Chemical Genomics, Peking University Shenzhen Graduate School, Shenzhen, China
Mol Cell Biol 34:158-79. 2014..However, the critical targets of LSD1 remain unclear. Here, we found that LSD1 interacts with histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) to regulate the proliferation of ES/EC cells through acetylation of histone H4 at lysine 16 (H4K16)..
- Inhibition of epithelial to mesenchymal transition by E-cadherin up-regulation via repression of slug transcription and inhibition of E-cadherin degradation: dual role of scaffold/matrix attachment region-binding protein 1 (SMAR1) in breast cancer cellsArghya Adhikary
From the Division of Molecular Medicine, Bose Institute, P 1 12, Calcutta Improvement Trust Scheme VII M, Kolkata 700 054, India
J Biol Chem 289:25431-44. 2014..While SMAR1-dependent transcriptional repression of Slug by direct recruitment of SMAR1/HDAC1 complex to the matrix attachment region site present in the Slug promoter restores E-cadherin expression, SMAR1 ..
- Chromatin deacetylation by an ATP-dependent nucleosome remodelling complexJ K Tong
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Nature 395:917-21. 1998..Our results establish a physical and functional link between the distinct chromatin-modifying activities of histone deacetylases and nucleosome remodelling proteins...
- Human transcription factor YY1 represses human immunodeficiency virus type 1 transcription and virion productionD M Margolis
Program in Molecular Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical Center, Worcester 01605
J Virol 68:905-10. 1994..In situ hybridization studies confirmed that YY1 reduced HIV-1 RNA expression. YY1 may play an important role in the regulation of HIV-1 LTR expression in vivo and virus production by infected cells...
- A novel EID-1 family member, EID-2, associates with histone deacetylases and inhibits muscle differentiationSatoshi Miyake
Department of Molecular Oncology, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, 1 5 45, Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8519, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:17060-5. 2003..These results indicate a new family of differentiation inhibitors, although there are several differences in the biochemical mechanisms between EID-2 and EID-1...
- Altered interaction of HDAC5 with GATA-1 during MEL cell differentiationKouichi Watamoto
Department of Molecular Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Nagoya University, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Oncogene 22:9176-84. 2003..These observations support the suggestion that control of the HDAC5 nucleocytoplasmic distribution might be associated with MEL cell differentiation, possibly through regulated GATA-1 transactivation...
- ICI182,780 induces p21Waf1 gene transcription through releasing histone deacetylase 1 and estrogen receptor alpha from Sp1 sites to induce cell cycle arrest in MCF-7 breast cancer cell lineRana Varshochi
Cancer Research UK Laboratories and Section of Cancer Cell Biology, Department of Cancer Medicine, Imperial College London, Hammersmith Hospital Campus, Du Cane Road, London W12 ONN, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 280:3185-96. 2005..immunoprecipitation experiments together showed that in cycling cells, estrogen receptor alpha and histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) are recruited to the proximal Sp1 sites of the promoter to repress p21Waf1 expression...
- Tumour necrosis factor-alpha depletes histone deacetylase 1 protein through IKK2Y N Vashisht Gopal
Department of Molecular and Cellular Oncology, Unit 079, UT M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030 4009, USA
EMBO Rep 7:291-6. 2006..cells treated with the pro-inflammatory cytokine tumour necrosis factor-alpha rapidly and substantially reduced HDAC1 protein levels without affecting other class I HDACs...
- Yin Yang 1 physically interacts with Hoxa11 and represses Hoxa11-dependent transcriptionMargaret Po shan Luke
Department of Pathology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 281:33226-32. 2006..These findings not only provide a novel insight into YY1 function but also identify a new regulation of homeotic protein-mediated transcriptional regulation in general...
- Histone deactylase 1 expression is increased in the prefrontal cortex of schizophrenia subjects: analysis of the National Brain Databank microarray collectionRajiv P Sharma
The Psychiatric Institute, Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Medicine, 912 S Wood St, Chicago, IL 60612, United States
Schizophr Res 98:111-7. 2008..b>HDAC1 expression levels were significantly higher in schizophrenia versus normal subjects...
- Histone deacetylase 1, 2, 6 and acetylated histone H4 in B- and T-cell lymphomasLena Marquard
Department of Pathology, Copenhagen University Hospital, Copenhagen N, Denmark
Histopathology 54:688-98. 2009..The aim was to determine HDAC expression in DLBCL and PTCL which has not previously been investigated...
- Polymorphism of HD and UCHL-1 genes in Huntington's diseaseEr he Xu
Department of Neurology, Xuanwu Hospital, Capital University of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100053, China
J Clin Neurosci 16:1473-7. 2009..UCHL-1 S18Y polymorphism is a modifier of HD with a modest regulatory role in the age at disease onset, suggesting that UCHL-1 may be involved in HD pathogenesis...
- Histone deacetylases 1 and 2 are phosphorylated at novel sites during varicella-zoster virus infectionMatthew S Walters
Department of Microbiology, College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, 701 W 168th St, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Virol 83:11502-13. 2009..in cells infected with VZV or an adenovirus expressing only ORF66p results in hyperphosphorylation of histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) and HDAC2...
- Class I histone deacetylases 1, 2 and 3 are highly expressed in classical Hodgkin's lymphomaHeiner Adams
Institute for Pathology, Zurich University Hospital, Schmelzbergstrasse 12, CH 8091 Zurich, Switzerland
Expert Opin Ther Targets 14:577-84. 2010..HDAC inhibitors (HDI) are anti-neoplastic drugs with preliminary successful clinical applications in Hodgkin's lymphoma (HL). Systematic investigations of HDAC expression in HL, based on histology and immunohistochemistry are yet rare...
- Increased activity and expression of histone deacetylase 1 in relation to tumor necrosis factor-alpha in synovial tissue of rheumatoid arthritisTomoko Kawabata
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Okayama City, Okayama, Japan
Arthritis Res Ther 12:R133. 2010....
- Crucial function of histone deacetylase 1 for differentiation of teratomas in mice and humansSabine Lagger
Department of Medical Biochemistry, Max F Perutz Laboratories, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna Biocenter, Vienna, Austria
EMBO J 29:3992-4007. 2010..However, the specific HDAC isoforms that mediate these effects are not yet identified. To explore the role of HDAC1 in tumourigenesis and tumour proliferation, we established an experimental teratoma model using wild-type and ..
- The significance of strong histone deacetylase 1 expression in the progression of prostate cancerYooHyun Song
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Histopathology 58:773-80. 2011Histone deacetylases (HDACs) play important roles in many types of cancer. Recently, it has been reported that HDAC1 expression in prostate cancer is significantly higher than in benign prostate cell lines and tissues...
- Mammalian histone deacetylase 1 protein is posttranslationally modified by phosphorylationR Cai
Functional Genomics, Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, Summit, New Jersey 07901, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 283:445-53. 2001b>HDAC1, a member of the histone deacetylase family, is involved in transcription regulation through the modification of chromatin structure. Several studies also implicated HDAC1 in tumorigenesis...
- E2F mediates cell cycle-dependent transcriptional repression in vivo by recruitment of an HDAC1/mSin3B corepressor complexJoseph B Rayman
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Genes Dev 16:933-47. 2002..We show that corepressor complexes consisting of histone deacetylase (HDAC1) and mSin3B were specifically recruited to endogenous E2F-regulated promoters in quiescent cells...
- Genetic dissection of histone deacetylase requirement in tumor cellsMichael Haberland
Department of Molecular Biology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9148, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:7751-5. 2009..in clinical development act by unspecifically interfering with the enzymatic activity of all class I HDACs (HDAC1, 2, 3, and 8), and it is widely believed that the development of isoform-specific HDACi could lead to better ..
- High class I HDAC activity and expression are associated with RelA/p65 activation in pancreatic cancer in vitro and in vivoAnnika Lehmann
Institute of Pathology, Charite University Hospital, Berlin, Germany
BMC Cancer 9:395. 2009..The strong association between aberrant HDAC activity and the occurrence of cancer has led to the development of a variety of HDAC inhibitors (HDIs), which emerge as promising new targeted anticancer therapeutics...
- Histone deacetylase activity is required for full transcriptional repression by mSin3AC A Hassig
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Cell 89:341-7. 1997..Two of the mSin3A-associated proteins, p50 and p55, are highly related to the histone deacetylase HDAC1. The mSin3A immunocomplexes possess histone deacetylase activity that is sensitive to the specific deacetylase ..
- Role of the histone deacetylase complex in acute promyelocytic leukaemiaR J Lin
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, The Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Nature 391:811-4. 1998..Our findings suggest that oncogenic RARs mediate leukaemogenesis through aberrant chromatin acetylation, and that pharmacological manipulation of nuclear receptor co-factors may be a useful approach in the treatment of human disease...
- Rb interacts with histone deacetylase to repress transcriptionR X Luo
Department of Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Cell 92:463-73. 1998....
- A role for histone deacetylase activity in HDAC1-mediated transcriptional repressionC A Hassig
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Chemistry, Harvard University, 12 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:3519-24. 1998..Antibodies directed against endogenous HDAC1, HDAC2, or HDAC3 immunoprecipitate histone deacetylase activity that is inhibited in vitro by the small molecule ..
- Both corepressor proteins SMRT and N-CoR exist in large protein complexes containing HDAC3J Li
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
EMBO J 19:4342-50. 2000..These findings thus establish both SMRT and N-CoR complexes as bona fide HDAC-containing complexes and shed new light on the molecular pathways by which N-CoR and SMRT function in transcriptional repression...
- CoREST is an integral component of the CoREST- human histone deacetylase complexA You
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Harvard University, 12 Oxford Street, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:1454-8. 2001..CoREST-HDAC is composed of polypeptides distinct from previously characterized HDAC1/2-containing complexes such as the mSin3 and nucleosome remodeling and deacetylating (NRD, also named NURD, NuRD) ..
- Histone deacetylase 1 phosphorylation promotes enzymatic activity and complex formationM K Pflum
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
J Biol Chem 276:47733-41. 2001..To date, the only known regulatory mechanism of HDAC1 function is via interaction with associated proteins...
- Tip60 and histone deacetylase 1 regulate androgen receptor activity through changes to the acetylation status of the receptorLuke Gaughan
Prostate Research Group, School of Surgical Sciences, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Medical School, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 277:25904-13. 2002..AR function, we demonstrate that AR activity is specifically down-regulated by the histone deacetylase activity of HDAC1. Furthermore, using both mammalian two-hybrid and immunoprecipitation experiments, we show that AR and HDAC1 ..
- Two highly related p66 proteins comprise a new family of potent transcriptional repressors interacting with MBD2 and MBD3Marc Brackertz
Institute for Genetics, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Heinrich Buff Ring 58 62, D 35392 Giessen, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:40958-66. 2002..These results demonstrate that two highly related mammalian p66 proteins display overlapping functions and are involved in methylation dependent transcriptional repression...
- Histone H4 acetylation and histone deacetylase 1 expression in esophageal squamous cell carcinomaYasushi Toh
Department of Gastroenterological Surgery, National Kyushu Cancer Center, Fukuoka 811 1395, Japan
Oncol Rep 10:333-8. 2003..In this study, we examined the status of histone H4 acetylation and the level of HDAC1 expression in surgically resected specimens of human esophageal squamous cell carcinoma by immunohistochemistry...
- Interferon-stimulated transcription and innate antiviral immunity require deacetylase activity and histone deacetylase 1Inna Nusinzon
Immunobiology Center, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, One Gustave L Levy Place, Box 1630, New York, NY 10029, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:14742-7. 2003..The HDAC1 protein associates with both signal transducer and activator of transcription (STAT) 1 and STAT2, and IFN-alpha ..
- Transcriptional regulation of a metastasis suppressor gene by Tip60 and beta-catenin complexesJung Hwa Kim
Department of Biological Sciences, College of Natural Sciences, Seoul National University, Seoul 151 742, South Korea
Nature 434:921-6. 2005....
- Components of the REST/CoREST/histone deacetylase repressor complex are disrupted, modified, and translocated in HSV-1-infected cellsHaidong Gu
Marjorie B Kovler Viral Oncology Laboratories, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:7571-6. 2005..In wild-type-virus-infected cells, HDAC1 dissociates from the CoREST/REST complex, CoREST and HDAC1 are phosphorylated by a process mediated by viral ..
- Neuroprotection by histone deacetylase-related proteinBrad E Morrison
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Texas at Dallas, 2601 N Floyd Road, Richardson, TX 75083, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:3550-64. 2006..HDRP also interacts with histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) and recruits it to the c-Jun gene promoter, resulting in an inhibition of histone H3 acetylation ..
- Phosphorylation of SATB1, a global gene regulator, acts as a molecular switch regulating its transcriptional activity in vivoP Pavan Kumar
National Centre for Cell Science, Ganeshkhind, Pune 411007, India
Mol Cell 22:231-43. 2006..We show here that phosphorylation by PKC acts as a switch to determine whether SATB1 interacts with HDAC1 or PCAF...
- c-Myc and Sp1 contribute to proviral latency by recruiting histone deacetylase 1 to the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 promoterGuochun Jiang
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 3302 Michael Hooker Research Ctr, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7435, USA
J Virol 81:10914-23. 2007..Chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) assays revealed that c-Myc and HDAC1 are coordinately resident at the HIV-1 long terminal repeat (LTR) promoter and absent from the promoter after VPA ..
- Expression profile of class I histone deacetylases in human cancer tissuesMasamune Nakagawa
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Oncol Rep 18:769-74. 2007..of class I HDACs are overexpressed in cancers, we analyzed the expression of class I HDAC isotypes composed of HDAC1, 2, 3 and 8 in several cell lines and human cancer tissues, including cancer of the stomach, esophagus, colon, ..
- Clinical significance of histone deacetylase 1 expression in patients with hepatocellular carcinomaTatsuya Rikimaru
Department of Surgery and Science, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, Japan
Oncology 72:69-74. 2007..This study was designed to clarify the role of HDAC1 expression in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC).
- Dapper1 is a nucleocytoplasmic shuttling protein that negatively modulates Wnt signaling in the nucleusXia Gao
State Key Laboratory of Biomembrane and Membrane Biotechnology, Department of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China
J Biol Chem 283:35679-88. 2008..Furthermore, Dpr1 could associate with histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) and enhance the LEF1-HDAC1 interaction...
- Using AKT1 and 2 and Rb1 to approach MyoD binding mechanisms genome-wideSandra B Sharp; Fiscal Year: 2012..If true, binding will be restored in the presence of histone deacetylase 1 inhibitors...
- The role of HDAC1 acetylation on corepressor complex activity and hematopoiesisYi Qiu; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>HDAC1 and HDAC2 are highly conserved enzymes and both are present in repressor complexes, such as Sin3, NuRD and CoREST ..
- Role of Protein Acetylation in Ncx1 ExpressionDonald R Menick; Fiscal Year: 2012..Our findings reveal a unique role for HDAC1/2/5 as required for transcriptional activation of Ncx1 in the adult heart and provide a possible molecular ..
- HUIPING ROSE ZHOU; Fiscal Year: 2015..glycocholate and deoxycholate) and S1P2 antagonist on SphK2 expression and activity as well as activities of HDAC1 and HDAC2 in the liver using an in vivo rat model of bile acid depletion...
- Hongxin Dong; Fiscal Year: 2014..will be treated with haloperidol (HAL, a typical) or clozapine (CLZ, an atypical) alone or in combination with the HDAC1-specific inhibitor entinostat (MS-275) or pan-HDAC inhibitor VPA for 14 days...
- Scott A Armstrong; Fiscal Year: 2016..combinations of HDAC inhibitors and proapototic molecules and with ploidy- specific agents, and evaluate specific HDAC1 and HDAC2 inhibitors as potential ALL-directed therapeutics...
- Epigenetic modification of endothelial progenitor cells into multipotent cellsRajasingh Johnson; Fiscal Year: 2010..3) The treated EPC showed increased AceH3K9 and decreased HDAC1 and LSD1 activity than the control cells...
- Samir S El-Dahr; Fiscal Year: 2014..we will determine if these epigenetic effects on gene expression can be rescued by conditional inactivation of HDAC1. Specific Aim 3 tests the hypothesis that p-p53Ser23, which accumulates in dysplastic BdkrB2-/- kidneys, represses ..
- Shireen Saleque; Fiscal Year: 2014..lysine specific demethylase1), CoREST/Rcor1 (REST co-repressor), other Rcor homologs and the histone deacetylases HDAC1-2, we propose to explore the role of these co-factors in establishing transcriptional and epigenetic programs in ..
- Histone Deacetylases and Kidney DevelopmentSamir S El Dahr; Fiscal Year: 2010..In the mouse, targeted inactivation of HDAC1 and HDAC2 genes causes embryonic lethality precluding the analysis of kidney development...
- Repair of oxidative DNA damage in mammalian cellsTadahide Izumi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Independently from its repair activity, APE1 interacts with histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) to suppress expression of many genes, including the parathyroid hormone gene...
- FASEB SRC on HDACs, Sirtuins and Reversible Acetylation in Signaling and DiseaseScott W Hiebert; Fiscal Year: 2013..With the identification, isolation, cloning and functional characterization of 18 human HDACs (HDAC1- 11 and SIRT1-7) and many acetyltransferases in the past decade, the coming years will see a continued dramatic ..
- Testing the role of chromatin in healthspanNikolai A Timchenko; Fiscal Year: 2012..This domain was chosen since it is bound by a large number of transcription factors as well by HDAC1, and functions as a dominant negative...
- Edward E Morrisey; Fiscal Year: 2015..The NuRD complex contains histone deacetylases 1 and 2 (Hdac1 and Hdac2) as its core deacetylase activity...
- Gene Transcription in SLEGeorge C Tsokos; Fiscal Year: 2012..CREM recruits histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) to the promoters of the IL-2 and c-fos genes which contributes to the repression of their activity...
- Sarah E Millar; Fiscal Year: 2016..proposal are to use genetic, biochemical, and global genomic approaches to delineate and compare the functions of HDAC1, HDAC2 and HDAC3 in the development and regeneration of skin epithelia, to identify transcription factors that ..
- Stephen L Helfand; Fiscal Year: 2016..of the life span extending effect of CR/DR is mediated by alterations in the activity of the histone deacetylases Rpd3 and Sir2, and the transcription factor p53...
- Molecular Genetics of Caloric Restriction in Aging FliesBlanka Rogina; Fiscal Year: 2013..In parallel, we have shown that down-regulation of the rpd3 histone deacetylase, or overexpression of dSir2 histone deacetylase genetically, or increasing dSir2 activity by ..
- James A DeCaprio; Fiscal Year: 2016..p107 but not p130 or pRB can bind to the NuRD (Nucleosome Remodeling and histone Deacetylase) complex containing HDAC1 indicating that p130 and p107 form two entirely distinct complexes to repress E2F dependent gene transcription...
- The functions of the US3 protein kinase of herpes simplex virusBernard Roizman; Fiscal Year: 2011..of AIM 3 is to verify that the helper function of the US3 protein kinase is due to the phosphorylation of HDAC1/2 and not to the phosphorylation of some unknown proteins...
- Protein-Protein Interactions of HIV-1 IntegraseGanjam V Kalpana; Fiscal Year: 2010..Components of Sin3a-HDAC1 but NOT that of SWI/SNF complex are specifically incorporated into HIV-1 virions and are required for early post-..
- Dynamics of Host-Virus Interactions During HIV-1 ReplicationGanjam V Kalpana; Fiscal Year: 2011..integrase and INI1/hSNF5 bind to SAP18 (Sin3a-associated protein 18), a component of the Sin3a-HDAC1 (histone deacetylase 1) complex, and mediate the recruitment of the components of HDAC1 complex into HIV-1 virions...
- Regulation of Cell Growth by RNA Binding ProteinsNikolai A Timchenko; Fiscal Year: 2012..We obtain evidence that CUGBP1 binds to the 5'region of mRNA coding for a histone deacetylase 1, HDAC1, and increases translation of HDAC1 protein in tumor liver...
- Tarin M Bigley; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our lab previously identified an interaction between the CMV pUL97 kinase and cellular histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1). HDAC1 acts as a repressor and is recruited to the MIE promoter at early times during infection...
- Epigenetic Regulation of Cell and Tissue AgingNikolai A Timchenko; Fiscal Year: 2013..RB complexes from senescent melanocytes contain increased levels of histone deacetylase activity and tethered HDAC1. We have found that expression of moderate levels of HDAC1 drives a sequential and cooperative activity of ..
- DISSECTION OF THE FUNCTIONS OF HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS ICPOBernard Roizman; Fiscal Year: 2012..ICPO interacts with the represser complex CoREST/REST/HDAC1-2 to dislodge HDAC1-2 from this complex...
- SANTOSH R D'MELLO; Fiscal Year: 2016..Based on recently acquired data, we propose that HDAC3 neurotoxicity requires the participation of HDAC1, another Class I HDAC with which HDAC3 interacts...
- HDAC1 Activating Compounds as Therapeutics for Neurodegenerative DisordersLi Huei Tsai; Fiscal Year: 2010..Importantly, we have recently shown that deregulation of HDAC1 may be critically involved in CNS pathology that may be relevant to stroke/ischemia and Alzheimer's disease...
- QING R LU; Fiscal Year: 2016..Recently we demonstrated the histone deacetylases HDAC1/2 are essential for oligodendrocyte myelination...
- Selective HDAC1/2 inhibitors for hemoglobinopathiesMatthew B Jarpe; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The long term goal of this project is a selective Histone Deacetylase 1 and 2 (HDAC1/2) inhibitor for the treatment of patients with the beta-hemoglobinopathies sickle cell anemia and beta- ..
- A Mitochondrial Hub for Dietary Restriction and AgingMARISSA HOLMBECK; Fiscal Year: 2013..examine the role of mito-nuclear interactions in dietary restriction (DR) and a genetic pathway related to DR;the Rpd3 pathway...
- PATRIZIA CASACCIA; Fiscal Year: 2014..Our laboratory has recently reported the involvement of cytoplasmic HDAC1 in the impairment of mitochondrial transport and the onset of axonal swellings...
- Mechanisms of p53 activation in tumorsuppressionWei Gu; Fiscal Year: 2012..Moreover, p53 is down-regulated by deacetylase complexes such as Sirt1 and HDAC1 through deacetylation...
- Jerry L Workman; Fiscal Year: 2014..Set2 functions as part of the Set2/Rpd3 pathway by which RNA polymerase II signals for histone deacetylation during transcription...
- Alvaro Puga; Fiscal Year: 2015..acute chromium treatment interferes with the assembly of productive transcriptional complexes by cross-linking HDAC1.DNMT1 complexes to promoter chromatin and inhibiting phosphorylation, acetylation and methylation epigenetic marks ..
- CHARACTERIZATION OF COREPRESSOR N-COR COMPLEXESJiemin Wong; Fiscal Year: 2005..SMRT appears to depend on histone deacetylase (HDAC) activity and involves multiple histone deacetylases including HDAC1/2, HDAC4, HDAC5 and HDAC7...
- Wei Gu; Fiscal Year: 2016..Acetylation of p53 is also reversible in the presence of deacetylases such as HDAC1 and SIRT1 and the dynamic regulation of non-histone proteins by acetylation and deacetylation is now verified in ..
- Human Histone Deacetylase ProteinsMARY KAY PFLUM; Fiscal Year: 2009..The short-term goal of this proposal is to focus on characterizing the individual functions of HDAC1. A bioorganic approach will be taken where the small molecule HDAC inhibitor trichostatin will be used to deduce ..
- Biochemical and genomic studies of histone deacetylasesBRADLEY BERNSTEIN; Fiscal Year: 2006..The yeast HDACs RPD3 and SIR2 have previously been shown to have opposite effects on silencing and aging...
- Debra J Wolgemuth; Fiscal Year: 2016..with 3 proteins we have identified as interacting with BRDT and known to have repressor function-PRMT5, HDAC1, and TRIM28...
- Dynamics of Transcriptional RegulationElena Zelin; Fiscal Year: 2011..Aim 2. Determine the functional overlap between p23, GCN5, and HDAC1 activities...
- FRANK LEO CONLON; Fiscal Year: 2016..associate with the Nucleosome Remodeling and Deacetylase (NuRD) complex including histone deacteylase-1 and 2 (HDAC1/2)...
- Molecular mechanisms of C/EBP alpha mediated growth arrestNikolai A Timchenko; Fiscal Year: 2013..S193D knockin mice have increased size and changed chromatin structure which are caused by the elevation of C/EBP1-HDAC1 complexes. These complexes occupy the promoters of cyclin D1 and D2...
- Bioorganic Mechanisms of Chromatin Modifying EnzymesDewey G McCafferty; Fiscal Year: 2010..In Aim 2 we will examine the effect on LSD1 activity by two of its key partner proteins, CoREST and HDAC1, and identify the interaction sites between CoREST, LSD1, and the nucleosome that facilitate nucleosomal ..
- QING R LU; Fiscal Year: 2016..We further demonstrated that disruption of the [unreadable]-catenin/TCF7l2 interaction by HDAC1/2 reversed Wnt signaling inhibition and promoted oligodendrocyte differentiation, suggesting that TCF7l2 functions ..
- Sarah Spiegel; Fiscal Year: 2015..We recently identified HDAC1/2 as the first direct intracellular targets of S1P, and demonstrated that S1P, produced by nuclear SphK2, is an ..
- Regulation of NF-kappaB transactivation functionBRIAN ASHBURNER; Fiscal Year: 2009..transcription is also regulated through the interaction with corepressor proteins including the Class I HDACs (HDAC1, HDAC2, and HDAC3) and the Class III HDAC, SIRT1...
- Transcriptional factor acetylation in yeastMichael Law; Fiscal Year: 2009..cerevisiae. Ume6p represses early meiotic genes (EMG) in mitosis by recruiting the Sin3-Rpd3 histone deacetylase to EMG promoters...
- The in vivo effect of HDAC Inhibitors on HIV gene expression in resting CD4+ T CeDavid Margolis; Fiscal Year: 2009..Human transcription factors recruit histone deacetylase 1 (HDAC1) to the HIV long terminal repeat (LTR) promoter...
- XIAOFENG STEVEN ZHENG; Fiscal Year: 2016..molecular mechanisms by which rapamycin represses ribosomal and other protein biosynthetic genes through Maf1 and Rpd3. Accomplishment of this proposal should provide invaluable new insights into TOR-regulated nuclear process that is ..
- Mitochondrial Genetics of Aging in DrosophilaDavid M Rand; Fiscal Year: 2013..We will exploit these mtDNA replacement strains to test this hypothesis using epistasis experiments with the Rpd3 - Sir2 and TOR pathways that play important roles in nutrient-based changes in longevity...
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF D1 DOPAMINE RECEPTOR FUNCTIONRichard Mailman; Fiscal Year: 2004..We also shall overexpress HA-D1R with and without various GRKs in HEK293 cells. The phosphorylated HA-hD1 receptor will be isolated by immunoprecipitation, cleaved with protease, and sequenced by MALDVToF, Ion Trap, and/..
- Epigenetics of Dietary and Body Fat in DrosophilaDouglas Ruden; Fiscal Year: 2006..The Aims are: 1) To identify genes with altered chromatin states (altered Rpd3 or Sir2 binding sites) in a multi-generational study in which high or low body fat isogenic strains of Drosophila ..
- "The Role of HDAC3 in Cardiac Growth and Development"Lazaros Kochilas; Fiscal Year: 2007..Experimental data from the mouse and zebrafish models suggest that HDAC1, a class I HDAC family member, plays an important role in embryonic cardiac growth and development...
- Role of O-GlcNAc transferase in insulin gene expressionSabire Ozcan; Fiscal Year: 2005..Recent data indicate that O-linked GIcNAc transferase (OGT1) in a complex with the co-repressors Hdac1 and mSin3A mediates repression of gene expression in the HepG2 liver cell line...
- Regulation of Set2p methyltransferase: Effects on chromatin and transcriptionSTEPHEN FUCHS; Fiscal Year: 2009..to determine how Set2p affects downstream functions such as binding to RNA polymerase II or the recruitment of the Rpd3(S) deacetylase complex and what role, if any, Set2p phosphorylation plays in regulating these processes...
- Lung Cancer Chemoprevention through LC-1Harikrishna Nakshatri; Fiscal Year: 2009..Additionally, altered epigenetic program, as a consequence of elevated expression of histone deacetylases such as HDAC1 and histone methyl transferases such as EZH2, is observed in early stages of lung cancer...
- METABOLIC EFFECTS OF THYROID HORMONEHerbert Samuels; Fiscal Year: 2007..protein that associates with the DBD of many NRs and acts as a repressor through its association with Sin3 and HDAC1 and HDAC2...
- Repression of HIV Transcription: from mechanism to anti-latency therapiesDavid Margolis; Fiscal Year: 2007..test these hypotheses: Specific Aim I: To establish the role of HDACs in HIV LTR repression and proviral latency: HDAC1 plays a central role in chromatin remodeling and repression of HIV LTR expression Specific Aim II; To define novel ..
- DETERMINANTS OF DOPAMINE RECEPTOR FUNCTIONClare Bergson; Fiscal Year: 2001..My strategy is to use unique sequences within the closely related hD1 and hD5 subtypes as bait for detecting interacting proteins expressed in human brain...
- HDAC1 Repression of CREB-Mediated Gene ExpressionJennifer Best; Fiscal Year: 2004..Our lab has recently uncovered a role for the histone deacetylase HDAC1 in regulating the activity of the cAMP response element binding protein (CREB)...
- MOLECULAR REGULATION OF PPAR GAMMADavid Rose; Fiscal Year: 2004..to the PPARgamma receptor of a corepressor complex which includes the mammalian homologue of the yeast deacetylase RPD3, functionally mediated by a protein referred to as Silencing Mediator of Retinoid and Thyroid receptors (SMRT) ..