Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: HLX
Description: H2.0 like homeobox
Alias: HB24, HLX1, H2.0-like homeobox protein, H2.0-like homeo box-1, H2.0-like homeobox 1, homeobox protein HB24, homeobox protein HLX1
Publications755 found, 100 shown here
- Novel murine homeo box gene on chromosome 1 expressed in specific hematopoietic lineages and during embryogenesisJ D Allen
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, PO Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia
Genes Dev 5:509-20. 1991We describe here a new murine homeo box gene, denoted Hlx, which is expressed within specific hematopoietic lineages...
- Gene-environmental interaction in the development of atopic asthma: new developmentsPETER N LE SOUEF
University of Western Australia, Perth, Australia
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 9:123-7. 2009..The aim of this review, therefore, is to provide a new perspective to the topic of the role of genes and environment in the development of symptoms in atopic asthma...
- TBX21 gene variants increase childhood asthma risk in combination with HLX1 variantsKathrin Suttner
Clinic for Paediatric Pneumology and Neonatology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
J Allergy Clin Immunol 123:1062-8, 1068.e1-8. 2009..T-box transcription factor (TBX21) plays a crucial role in the regulation of the immune system because this factor induces the differentiation of T(H)1 and blocks T(H)2 commitment together with the homeobox transcription factor HLX1.
- Homeobox gene HLX1 expression is decreased in idiopathic human fetal growth restrictionPadma Murthi
Department of Perinatal Medicine, Pregnancy Research Centre, The Royal Women s Hospital, 132 Grattan St, Carlton, Victoria 3053, Australia
Am J Pathol 168:511-8. 2006..Previously, we isolated the homeobox gene HLX1 and provided evidence for a regulatory role in normal placental development...
- Homeobox gene HLX1 is a regulator of colony stimulating factor-1 dependent trophoblast cell proliferationG Rajaraman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Melbourne, Australia
Placenta 28:991-8. 2007..Here, we use placental trophoblast cells to investigate potential downstream effector genes of CSF-1. HLX1 is a homeobox gene that controls proliferation in embryonic cell types and haematopoietic cell lineages...
- Homeodomain protein HLX is expressed primarily in cytotrophoblast cell types in the early pregnancy human placentaGayathri Rajaraman
Pregnancy Research Centre, Department of Perinatal Medicine, Royal Women s Hospital, Carlton, VIC 3053, Australia
Reprod Fertil Dev 20:357-67. 2008..Of these, the HLX homeobox gene (previously known as HLX1 and HB24) is important for normal placentation...
- HLX1 gene variants influence the development of childhood asthmaKathrin Suttner
University Children s Hospital, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Munich, Germany
J Allergy Clin Immunol 123:82-88.e6. 2009..Only recently, the homeobox transcription factor H.20-like homeobox 1 (HLX1), interacting closely with T-box transcription factor, has been identified as an important regulator of T(H)1 ..
- Homeobox gene HLX is a regulator of HGF/c-met-mediated migration of human trophoblast-derived cell linesGayathri Rajaraman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Melbourne, The Royal Women s Hospital, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Biol Reprod 83:676-83. 2010..Our previous studies demonstrated that homeobox gene HLX is expressed in proliferating and migrating (but not invading) human trophoblast cells and that HLX expression is ..
- The VEGF-regulated transcription factor HLX controls the expression of guidance cues and negatively regulates sprouting of endothelial cellsJulia Testori
Department of Vascular Biology and Thrombosis Research, Center for Physiology and Pharmacology, Medical University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
Blood 117:2735-44. 2011The HLX gene encoding a diverged homeobox transcription factor has been found to be up-regulated by vascular endothelial growth factor-A (VEGF-A) in endothelial cells...
- Construction and analysis of a sequence-ready map in 4q25: Rieger syndrome can be caused by haploinsufficiency of RIEG, but also by chromosome breaks approximately 90 kb upstream of this geneR H Flomen
School of Pharmacy, University of London, 29 39 Brunswick Square, London, WC1N 1AX, United Kingdom
Genomics 47:409-13. 1998..The map also defines restriction fragments bearing sequences with a potential key regulatory role in the control of homeobox gene expression...
- Transcription factors contributing to the pancreatic beta-cell phenotypeO D Madsen
Department of Developmental Biology, Hagedorn Research Institute, Gentofte, Denmark
Horm Metab Res 29:265-70. 1997..1 and Pax6 are required for additional features of the fully mature beta-cell phenotype...
- Scoliosis and developmental theory: adolescent idiopathic scoliosisC J Goldberg
Children s Research Center, Our Lady s Hospital for Sick Children, Dublin, Ireland
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 22:2228-37; discussion 2237-8. 1997..The differences between screening and general clinic referrals suggest the need for natural history studies, and treatment protocols also should consider the provenance of the individuals described...
- The nuclear receptor transcription factor, retinoid-related orphan receptor beta, regulates retinal progenitor proliferationL Chow
Program in Neurobiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Mech Dev 77:149-64. 1998..These data support a role for RORbeta in regulating retinal progenitor proliferation, possibly via the Chx10 gene...
- The homeobox gene MEIS1 is amplified in IMR-32 and highly expressed in other neuroblastoma cell linesT A Jones
Human Cytogenetics Laboratory, Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Lincoln's Inn Fields, London, UK
Eur J Cancer 36:2368-74. 2000..While several lines of evidence point towards a role for homeobox genes in the development of other malignancies, this is the first report showing the amplification of a homeobox gene in neuroblastoma...
- [X-linked hydrocephalus (Brickers-Adams syndrome). A case report confirmed by molecular genetic studies]F Santos
, , Porto, Portugal
Rev Neurol 31:1039-42. 2000INTRODUCTION: X-linked hydrocephalus (HLX) is a form of hydrocephalus with recessive transmission linked to the X chromosome, and a recurrence rate of 50% in male foetuses...
- Activation of the cytotactin promoter by the homeobox-containing gene Evx-1F S Jones
Laboratory of Developmental and Molecular Biology, Rockefeller University, New York, NY 10021
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:2091-5. 1992..More generally, the results support the hypothesis that the place-dependent expression of morphoregulatory molecules may depend upon local cues provided by homeobox genes and their encoded proteins...
- Expression patterns of the homeobox gene, Hox-8, in the mouse embryo suggest a role in specifying tooth initiation and shapeA Mackenzie
Department of Cell and Structural Biology, University of Manchester, UK
Development 115:403-20. 1992..This reciprocity of expression suggests an interactive role between Hox-7, Hox-8 and other genes in regulating epithelial mesenchymal interactions during dental differentiation.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- Key role of the Cdx2 homeobox gene in extracellular matrix-mediated intestinal cell differentiationO Lorentz
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Unité 381, 67200 Strasbourg, France
J Cell Biol 139:1553-65. 1997..Hence, we conclude that Cdx2 plays a key role in the extracellular matrix-mediated intestinal cell differentiation...
- The evolution of Msx gene function: expression and regulation of a sea urchin Msx class homeobox geneS L Dobias
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles 90033, USA
Mech Dev 61:37-48. 1997..These data show that the localization of SpMsx transcripts in gastrulae does not depend on interactions between germ layers, yet the activation and maintenance of SpMsx expression does require cell-cell or cell-matrix interactions...
- Immunocytochemical detection of the homeobox B3, B4, and C6 gene products in childhood medulloblastomas/primitive neuroectodermal tumorsB Bodey
Department of Pathology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles 91335, USA
Anticancer Res 20:1769-80. 2000..The value of these genes and proteins in the early diagnosis and possible treatment of various human neoplasms, including childhood brain tumors, should be assessed in further immunocytochemical and molecular biological experiments...
- Regulation of homeobox A10 expression in the primate endometrium by progesterone and embryonic stimuliG B Godbole
National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health, Indian Council of Medical Research, JM Street, Parel, Mumbai 400012, India
Reproduction 134:513-23. 2007....
- Early evolution of the LIM homeobox gene familyMansi Srivastava
Center for Integrative Genomics and Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
BMC Biol 8:4. 2010..Though genes of this family have been reported in a sponge and a cnidarian, the expression patterns and functions of the Lhx family during development in non-bilaterian phyla are not known...
- Increased CDX2 and decreased PITX1 homeobox gene expression in Barrett's esophagus and Barrett's-associated adenocarcinomaReginald V N Lord
Department of Surgery, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Surgery 138:924-31. 2005..This study was undertaken to investigate the expression pattern of these critical morphogenesis genes in the Barrett's multistage carcinogenesis model...
- Normal expression and the effects of ectopic expression of the Drosophila muscle segment homeobox (msh) gene suggest a role in differentiation and patterning of embryonic musclesP C Lord
Department of Biochemistry M C 536, University of Illinois, College of Medicine, Chicago 60612, USA
Dev Biol 171:627-40. 1995....
- A homeobox gene with potential developmental control function in the meristem of the conifer Picea abiesA Sundås-Larsson
Department of Physiological Botany, Uppsala University, Villavagen 6, S 752 36, Uppsala, Sweden
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:15118-22. 1998..The data also indicate that KNOX-gene regulation of vegetative development is an ancient feature of seed plants that was present in the last common ancestor of conifers and angiosperms...
- A homeobox gene involved in node, notochord and neural plate formation of chick embryosS Stein
Max Planck Institut fur biophysikalische Chemie, Abteilung Molekulare Zellbiologie, Gottingen, Germany
Mech Dev 49:37-48. 1995..A molecular coding of axial positions in the midline mesoderm may occur by specific homeobox genes, similar to the situation in the neural tube and the somitic mesoderm...
- Initiation of anterior head-specific gene expression in uncommitted ectoderm of Xenopus laevis by ammonium chlorideP H Mathers
Laboratory of Developmental Biology, CBER, FDA, Rockville, Maryland 20852 1448, USA
Dev Biol 171:641-54. 1995....
- Pem: a testosterone- and LH-regulated homeobox gene expressed in mouse Sertoli cells and epididymisJ S Lindsey
Molecular Microbiology and Immunology Graduate Program, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201, USA
Dev Biol 179:471-84. 1996..Collectively, the data implicate Pem as a candidate to regulate a subset of androgen-dependent genes in the male reproductive system...
- A comprehensive classification and evolutionary analysis of plant homeobox genesKrishanu Mukherjee
Genetics Institute, Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, College of Medicine, University of Florida, USA
Mol Biol Evol 26:2775-94. 2009..All 14 homeobox gene classes were represented in flowering plants, Selaginella, and moss, suggesting that they had already differentiated in the last common ancestor of moss and vascular plants...
- The homeobox genes of Encephalitozoon cuniculi (Microsporidia) reveal a putative mating-type locusThomas R Burglin
Department of Biosciences at Novum, Karolinska Institutet, Södertörns högskola, Alfred Nobels alle 7, 141 89 Huddinge, Sweden
Dev Genes Evol 213:50-2. 2003..Like in the mating-type locus of yeast and other fungi, one TALE and one typical homeobox are found in close proximity of each other on the chromosome, suggesting that Microsporidia also contain a mating-type locus...
- Expression of the chicken homeobox-containing gene GHox-8 during embryonic chick limb developmentC N Coelho
Department of Anatomy, School of Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington 06030
Mech Dev 34:143-54. 1991..abstract truncated at 400 words)..
- Pancreatic beta cells express a diverse set of homeobox genesA Rudnick
Hormone Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0534
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:12203-7. 1994..The abundance and diversity of homeodomain proteins found in beta cells illustrate the remarkable complexity and redundancy of the machinery controlling beta-cell development and differentiation...
- Aaknox1, a kn1-like homeobox gene in Acetabularia acetabulum, undergoes developmentally regulated subcellular localizationK A Serikawa
Department of Biochemistry, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Plant Mol Biol 41:785-93. 1999..These data suggest that Aaknox1 may have a role during early reproductive development and that mRNA localization may be one mechanism by which A. acetabulum regulates gene expression posttranscriptionally...
- Immunocytochemical detection of the homeobox B3, B4, and C6 gene products within the human thymic cellular microenvironmentB Bodey
Department of Pathology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
In Vivo 14:419-24. 2000..The precise role of these and other HOX gene products in the various steps of intrathymic T lymphopoieis should be elucidated through further basic molecular biological research...
- Homeodomain proteins in development and therapyA Dorn
Pharma Division, Preclinical Research, F Hoffmann La Roche Ltd, Basel, Switzerland
Pharmacol Ther 61:155-84. 1994..It has been demonstrated that chimeric peptide molecules encompassing pAntp are also captured by cultured neurons and conveyed to their nuclei. This may be of enormous interest for the internalization of drugs...
- rax, a novel paired-type homeobox gene, shows expression in the anterior neural fold and developing retinaT Furukawa
Department of Genetics and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:3088-93. 1997..These findings suggest that rax is one of the molecules that define the eye field during early development and that it has a role in the proliferation and/or differentiation of retinal cells...
- A regulatory cascade of three homeobox genes, ceh-10, ttx-3 and ceh-23, controls cell fate specification of a defined interneuron class in C. elegansZ Altun-Gultekin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics, Center for Neurobiology and Behavior, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, New York, NY 10032, USA
Development 128:1951-69. 2001..Our findings illustrate the complexity of transcriptional regulation in the nervous system and provide an example for the intricate interdependence of transcription factor action...
- Comprehensive analysis of animal TALE homeobox genes: new conserved motifs and cases of accelerated evolutionKrishanu Mukherjee
Department of Biosciences and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, and School of Life Sciences, Södertörns högskola, Huddinge, Sweden
J Mol Evol 65:137-53. 2007..In addition, several instances of gene loss were identified. In conclusion, our comprehensive analysis provides a defining framework for the classification of animal TALE homeobox genes and the understanding of their evolution...
- Homeobox genes Hoxd3 and Hoxd8 are differentially expressed in fetal mouse excisional woundsKunoor Jain
Division of Pediatric Surgery, Department of Surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University Health System, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
J Surg Res 148:45-8. 2008..We theorize that Hoxd3 and Hoxd8 will be differentially expressed in mid- and late-gestational wounds compared with normal skin...
- Dlx1, Dlx2, Pax6, Brn3b, and Chx10 homeobox gene expression defines the retinal ganglion and inner nuclear layers of the developing and adult mouse retinaJimmy de Melo
Manitoba Institute of Cell Biology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 0V9, Canada
J Comp Neurol 461:187-204. 2003....
- Regulation of the Rhox5 homeobox gene in primary granulosa cells: preovulatory expression and dependence on SP1/SP3 and GABPJames A Maclean
Department of Immunology, The University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Biol Reprod 73:1126-34. 2005....
- Bile acids directly augment caudal related homeobox gene Cdx2 expression in oesophageal keratinocytes in Barrett's epitheliumH Kazumori
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Shimane University, School of Medicine, 89 1 Enya cho, Izumo, Shimane 693 8501, Japan
Gut 55:16-25. 2006..In addition, morphological and histochemical changes in squamous cells to intestinal epithelial cells were studied in response to bile acid induced expression of Cdx2...
- Altered HBK3 expression affects glutathione and ascorbate metabolism during the early phases of Norway spruce (Picea abies) somatic embryogenesisMark F Belmonte
Dept Plant Science, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, R3T 2N2 Manitoba, Canada
Plant Physiol Biochem 47:904-11. 2009....
- The pattern of expression of the chicken homolog of HOX1I in the developing limb suggests a possible role in the ectodermal inhibition of chondrogenesisB Rogina
Department of BioStructure and Function, School of Dental Medicine, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington 06030
Dev Dyn 193:92-101. 1992..abstract truncated at 400 words)..
- Identification of a retinoic acid responsive enhancer 3' of the murine homeobox gene Hox-1.6A W Langston
Cell and Developmental Biology Program, Harvard Medical School, Boston
Mech Dev 38:217-27. 1992..6 demonstrates that RA directly controls the transcription of at least one member of a gene family that determines tissue identity in the vertebrate embryo...
- Presence of isl-1-related LIM domain homeobox genes in teleost and their similar patterns of expression in brain and spinal cordZ Gong
Research Institute, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Biol Chem 270:3335-45. 1995..Based on these observations, we speculate that the three structurally related isl genes may play similar roles in cell determination and differentiation in the developing nervous system...
- Exploring the homeoboxW J Gehring
Biozentrum, University of Basel, Switzerland
Gene 135:215-21. 1993..The homeodomain essentially consists of four alpha-helices, a helix-turn-helix motif, and a flexible N-terminal arm. Base-specific contacts are made by both the recognition helix and the N-terminal arm.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Physical linkage of the murine Hox-b cluster and nerve growth factor receptor on yeast artificial chromosomesK L Bentley
Department of Biology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06511
Genomics 18:43-53. 1993..These clones confirm the pulsed-field restriction map of uncloned mouse DNA and represent a contig of approximately 600 kb of cloned material from mouse chromosomes 11...
- Pou homeodomain protein OCT1 is implicated in the expression of the caudal-related homeobox gene Cdx-2T Jin
Division of Cell and Molecular Biology, Toronto General Research Institute, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2M1, Canada
J Biol Chem 276:14752-8. 2001....
- Mezzo, a paired-like homeobox protein is an immediate target of Nodal signalling and regulates endoderm specification in zebrafishMorgane Poulain
UMR 7009 CNRS, Universite de Paris VI, Observatoire Oceanologique, 06230 Villefranche sur Mer, France
Development 129:4901-14. 2002..They place mezzo as a new transcription factor with unique properties acting in parallel with bonnie and clyde, faust and casanova in the Nodal signalling pathway that controls specification of mesoderm and endoderm in zebrafish...
- The homeobox transcription factor Barx2 regulates chondrogenesis during limb developmentRobyn Meech
The Neurosciences Institute 10640 John Jay Hopkins Drive, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Development 132:2135-46. 2005..Based on these data, we suggest that Barx2 acts downstream of BMP signaling and in concert with Sox proteins to regulate chondrogenesis...
- Sonic hedgehog and pancreatic-duodenal homeobox 1 expression distinguish between duodenal and pancreatic gastrinomasVolker Fendrich
Department of Surgery, Philipps University Marburg, Baldingerstrasse, D 35043 Marburg, Germany
Endocr Relat Cancer 16:613-22. 2009..The expression pattern of Pdx1, Shh, and PP in resected metastases can help to locate an otherwise undetected primary gastrinoma...
- The homeobox intestinal differentiation factor CDX2 is selectively expressed in gastrointestinal adenocarcinomasVassil Kaimaktchiev
OHSU Cancer Institute and Department of Pathology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Mod Pathol 17:1392-9. 2004..CDX2 may also be helpful in distinguishing adenocarcinomas of the ampulla from those arising in the pancreas and biliary tree...
- The ascidian homolog of the vertebrate homeobox gene Rx is essential for ocellus development and functionSalvatore D'Aniello
Neurobiology Laboratory, Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn, Villa Comunale, 80121 Naples, Italy
Differentiation 74:222-34. 2006..The results suggest that a Ci-Rx "retinal" territory exists, which consists of pigment cells, photoreceptors, and neurons involved in transducing the photoreceptor signals...
- Empty spiracles, a gap gene containing a homeobox involved in Drosophila head developmentU Walldorf
Department of Cell Biology, University of Basel, Switzerland
EMBO J 11:2247-59. 1992..In addition to a homeodomain, the N-terminal portion of the predicted protein sequence is very proline-rich, whereas the C-terminus has an acidic profile consistent with the role of the ems gene product as a transcription factor...
- Characterization of the homeobox-containing gene GH6 identifies novel regions of homeobox gene expression in the developing chick embryoH S Stadler
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Iowa, Iowa City 52242
Dev Biol 161:251-62. 1994....
- Homeobox genes: potential candidates for the transcriptional control of the transformed and invasive phenotypeV Castronovo
Metastasis Research Laboratory, University of Liege, Belgium
Biochem Pharmacol 47:137-43. 1994..Further studies should determine the specific role of these four homeobox genes in the development and progression of human breast cancer and potentially determine if they might be good targets for gene therapy...
- Restricted expression of homeobox genes distinguishes fetal from adult human smooth muscle cellsJ M Miano
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 77030, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:900-5. 1996....
- Novel homeobox genes are differentially expressed in placental microvascular endothelial cells compared with macrovascular cellsP Murthi
Pregnancy Research Centre, Department of Perinatal Medicine, The Royal Women s Hospital, Carlton, Victoria, Australia
Placenta 29:624-30. 2008..We have recently shown that placental homeobox genes HLX, DLX3, DLX4, MSX2 and GAX are expressed in placental endothelial cells...
- Comprehensive survey and classification of homeobox genes in the genome of amphioxus, Branchiostoma floridaeNaohito Takatori
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Tokyo Metropolitan University, 1 1 Minamiohsawa, Hachiohji, Tokyo, Japan
Dev Genes Evol 218:579-90. 2008..The analysis reveals not only the repertoire of amphioxus homeobox genes but also gives insight into the evolution of chordate homeobox genes...
- [Research on the differently expressed homeobox genes related to adenoid cystic carcinoma]Hui Xia
State Key Laboratory of Oral Diseases, Sichuan University, Chengdu 610041, China
Hua Xi Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi 28:190-4. 2010....
- Murine Hox-1.11 homeobox gene structure and expressionD P Tan
Laboratory of Biochemical Genetics, National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 89:6280-4. 1992..Hox-1.11 poly(A)+ RNA also is expressed in the VII and VIII cranial ganglia, spinal cord, spinal ganglia, larynx, lungs, vertebrae, sternum, and intestine...
- Vax1, a novel homeobox-containing gene, directs development of the basal forebrain and visual systemM Hallonet
Department of Developmental Biochemistry, University of Gottingen, Institute for Biochemistry, 37073 Gottingen, Germany
Genes Dev 13:3106-14. 1999..On the basis of these results, we propose a model for a molecular cascade involved in the establishment of structures of the visual system...
- Persistent expression of HNF6 in islet endocrine cells causes disrupted islet architecture and loss of beta cell functionM Gannon
Department of Cell Biology, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232 2175, USA
Development 127:2883-95. 2000....
- Regulation of dharma/bozozok by the Wnt pathwayS L Ryu
Division of Molecular Oncology, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine, 2 2 Yamada oka, Suita, Osaka, 565 0871, Japan
Dev Biol 231:397-409. 2001..These data established that dharma/boz functions between the dorsal determinants-mediated Wnt signals and the formation of the Nieuwkoop center...
- Embryonic development of the Drosophila corpus cardiacum, a neuroendocrine gland with similarity to the vertebrate pituitary, is controlled by sine oculis and glassBegona De Velasco
Department of Molecular Cell and Developmental Biology, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1606, USA
Dev Biol 274:280-94. 2004..We discuss the parallels between neuroendocrine development in Drosophila and vertebrates...
- The genesis and evolution of homeobox gene clustersJordi Garcia-Fernandez
Departament de Genetica, Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Avinguda Diagonal 645, 08028 Barcelona, Espana
Nat Rev Genet 6:881-92. 2005....
- PHOX2A regulation of oculomotor complex nucleogenesisKhaleda B Hasan
Department of Neurobiology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Development 137:1205-13. 2010..These findings establish that in midbrain, a single transcription factor can both specify motoneuron cell fates and orchestrate the construction of a spatially organized motoneuron nuclear complex...
- Right-side and left-side colon cancer follow different pathways to relapseKerry M Bauer
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana 46556, USA
Mol Carcinog 51:411-21. 2012..We show that NOX4 is expressed in the SW620 cell line and that application of NOX4 siRNA causes a significant reduction in reactive oxidative species production...
- A method of utrophin up-regulation through RNAi-mediated knockdown of the transcription factor EN1Q Wang
Senior Profession College, Department of Medical Genetics, China Medical University, Shenyang, China
J Int Med Res 39:161-71. 2011..Higher utrophin mRNA levels were observed in EN1-inhibited cells compared with controls. The increase in utrophin mRNA in rhabdomyosarcoma cells and HeLa cells may have resulted from inhibition of EN1 expression...
- Lim homeobox genes in the Ctenophore Mnemiopsis leidyi: the evolution of neural cell type specificationDavid K Simmons
Kewalo Marine Laboratory, Department of Zoology, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI, USA, 96813
Evodevo 3:2. 2012..This study reports on details of the evolution of the neural cell type specifying transcription factor family of LIM homeobox containing genes (Lhx), which have highly conserved functions in neural specification in bilaterian animals...
- Lhx1 in the proximal region of the optic vesicle permits neural retina development in the chickenTakumi Kawaue
Department of Life Systems, Institute of Technology and Science, The University of Tokushima Graduate School, 2 1 Minami Josanjima cho, Tokushima 770 8506, Japan
Biol Open 1:1083-93. 2012..These results suggest that the proximal region demarcated by Lhx1 expression permits OV development, eventually dividing the two retinal domains...
- MicroRNA-214 provokes cardiac hypertrophy via repression of EZH2Tao Yang
Department of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital, School of Medicine, Zhejiang University, Qingchun Road 79, Hangzhou, 310003 Zhejiang, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 436:578-84. 2013..Having made this study it is possible to conclude that the negative regulation of EZH2 expression contributed to miR-214-mediated cardiac hypertrophy. ..
- Characterization of retinoic acid-induced neurobehavioral effects in developing zebrafishYujiang Wang
Wenzhou Medical University, Wenzhou, Zhejiang, China
Environ Toxicol Chem 33:431-7. 2014..The findings demonstrated that low-dose retinoic acid exposure perturbed the visual system and optic nerve development and caused hyperactivity in developing zebrafish...
- miR-99a/100~125b tricistrons regulate hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell homeostasis by shifting the balance between TGFβ and Wnt signalingStephan Emmrich
Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover 30625, Germany
Genes Dev 28:858-74. 2014..Hence, our study explains the high phylogenetic conservation of the miR-99a/100∼125b tricistrons controlling stem cell homeostasis, the deregulation of which contributes to the development of AMKL...
- Gsx1 expression defines neurons required for prepulse inhibitionS A Bergeron
Program in Genomics of Differentiation, Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, MD, USA
Mol Psychiatry 20:974-85. 2015..As Gsx1 has an important role in regulating interneuron development in the forebrain, these findings reveal a molecular link between control of interneuron specification and circuits that gate sensory information across brain regions. ..
- Identification of a human LIM-Hox gene, hLH-2, aberrantly expressed in chronic myelogenous leukaemia and located on 9q33-34.1H K Wu
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Oncogene 12:1205-12. 1996..The role of hLH-2 in the development or progression of leukaemia is not known. However, hLH-2 may prove useful as a marker of CML for monitoring residual disease...
- The Arabidopsis homeobox gene ATHB-7 is induced by water deficit and by abscisic acidE Soderman
Department of Physiological Botany, University of Uppsala, Sweden
Plant J 10:375-81. 1996..These results indicate that ATHB-7 is transcriptionally regulated in an ABA-dependent manner and may act in a signal transduction pathway which mediates a drought response and also includes ABI1...
- Regionalized expression of the Dbx family homeobox genes in the embryonic CNS of the mouseH Shoji
Institute for Molecular and Cellular Biology, Osaka University, Japan
Mech Dev 56:25-39. 1996..While the expression of Dbx was restricted to the CNS, Dbx2 was also expressed in some of the mesenchymal cells, such as limb buds and tooth germs...
- Muscle and nerve-specific regulation of a novel NK-2 class homeodomain factor in Caenorhabditis elegansB D Harfe
Carnegie Institution of Washington, Department of Embryology, Baltimore, MD 21210, USA
Development 125:421-9. 1998..briggsae contains a close homologue of C. elegans ceh-24 including a highly conserved and functionally equivalent set of cis-acting control signals...
- Molecular genetics of mating recognition in basidiomycete fungiL A Casselton
Department of Plant Sciences, University of Oxford, United Kingdom
Microbiol Mol Biol Rev 62:55-70. 1998....
- cDNA cloning and expression of rat homeobox gene, Hex, and functional characterization of the proteinT Tanaka
Department of Biochemistry, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Biochem J 339:111-7. 1999..These results indicate that Hex functions as a transcriptional repressor and may be involved in the differentiation and/or maintenance of the differentiated state in hepatocytes...
- HOX Pro DB: the functional genomics of hox ensemblesAlexander V Spirov
The Sechenov Institute of Evolutionary Physiology and Biochemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences, 44 Thorez Avenue, St Petersburg, 194223, Russia
Nucleic Acids Res 30:351-3. 2002..The HOX Pro now includes sections presenting data mining and data simulation issues. The DB is located at http://www.iephb.nw.ru/hoxpro...
- The GA octodinucleotide repeat binding factor BBR participates in the transcriptional regulation of the homeobox gene Bkn3Luca Santi
Max Planck Institut fur Zuchtungsforschung, Department of Plant Breeding and Yield Physiology, Carl von Linne Weg 10, 50829 Köln, Germany
Plant J 34:813-26. 2003..The data presented suggest that expression of the barley BKn3 is regulated, at least in part, by the binding of the transcription factor BBR to GA/TC repeats...
- Hox gene evolution in nematodes: novelty conservedAziz Aboobaker
Institute of Cell, Animal and Population Biology, University of Edingburgh, Edingburgh, UK
Curr Opin Genet Dev 13:593-8. 2003..Hox patterning also differs greatly between C. elegans and a second 'model' nematode, Pristionchus pacificus. The pattern of Hox gene evolution may be indicative of the move to deterministic developmental modes in nematodes...
- Compromised generation of GABAergic interneurons in the brains of Vax1-/- micePaola Taglialatela
Dulbecco Telethon Institute at CNR ITB, Via Fratelli Cervi, 93 20090 Segrate MI, Italy
Development 131:4239-49. 2004....
- Midbrain dopaminergic neurons: control of their cell fate by the engrailed transcription factorsHorst H Simon
Department of Neuroanatomy, Interdisciplinary Center of Neuroscience, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 307, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Cell Tissue Res 318:53-61. 2004..The inactivation of engrailed by RNA interference induces apoptosis in less than 24 h. These data suggest that the engrailed genes control an essential mechanism for the survival of mesDA neurons...
- Regulation of gene expression in the distal region of the Drosophila leg by the Hox11 homolog, C15Gerard Campbell
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Dev Biol 278:607-18. 2005..This results in upregulation of Notch signaling, which induces expression of the bowl gene, the product of which represses ap...
- Expression of Siamois and Twin in the blastula Chordin/Noggin signaling center is required for brain formation in Xenopus laevis embryosHideyuki Ishibashi
Faculty of Education Biology, Shizuoka University, 836 Ohya, Suruga ku, Shizuoka, Japan
Mech Dev 125:58-66. 2008..A two-step inhibition of BMP signals by Siamois and Twin-- first by transcriptional repression of Bmp4 and then by activation of the expression of the BMP inhibitors Chordin and Noggin--in the BCNE center is required for head formation...
- Multiple regulatory regions control the complex expression pattern of the mouse Cdx2 homeobox geneFairouz Benahmed
INSERM, U682, Strasbourg, France
Gastroenterology 135:1238-1247, 1247.e1-3. 2008..The aim of this study was to map genomic regions that regulate the transcription of Cdx2, with a particular interest in the gut...
- Dynamic regulation of Pdx1 enhancers by Foxa1 and Foxa2 is essential for pancreas developmentNan Gao
Department of Genetics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Genes Dev 22:3435-48. 2008..Thus, the regulation of Pdx1 expression by Foxa1 and Foxa2 is a key early event controlling the expansion and differentiation of the pancreatic primordia...
- Heterozygous orthodenticle homeobox 2 mutations are associated with variable pituitary phenotypeSumito Dateki
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, National Research Institute for Child Health and Development, 2 10 1 Ohkura, Setagaya, Tokyo 157 8535, Japan
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:756-64. 2010....
- NKX2-1 mutations leading to surfactant protein promoter dysregulation cause interstitial lung disease in "Brain-Lung-Thyroid Syndrome"Loic Guillot
INSERM UMR 938, UPMC, Universite Paris 6, France
Hum Mutat 31:E1146-62. 2010....
- A hypoplastic retinal lamination in the purpurin knock down embryo in zebrafishMikiko Nagashima
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, University of Kanazawa, Kanazawa, Japan
Adv Exp Med Biol 664:517-24. 2010..These data strongly indicate that purpurin is a key molecule for the cell differentiation during early retinal development in zebrafish under transcriptional crx regulation...
- Splitting placodes: effects of bone morphogenetic protein and Activin on the patterning and identity of mouse incisorsPauliina M Munne
Developmental Biology Program, Institute of Biotechnology, University of Helsinki, PO Box 56, FIN 00014, Helsinki, Finland
Evol Dev 12:383-92. 2010....
- The expression profile and function of Satb2 in zebrafish embryonic developmentHyun Jong Ahn
Department of Microbiology, Kyung Hee University Medical School, Seoul, 130 701, Korea
Mol Cells 30:377-82. 2010..This role may potentially be the regulation of endo-exocytic vesicle transport-dependent cell migration and/or the regulation of the development of the yolk syncytial layer...
- miR-221/222 targeting of trichorhinophalangeal 1 (TRPS1) promotes epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in breast cancerSusanna Stinson
Department of Molecular Diagnostics and Cancer Cell Biology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA, USA
Sci Signal 4:pt5. 2011..TRPS1 inhibited EMT by directly repressing expression of ZEB2 (Zinc finger E-box-binding homeobox 2). Therefore, miR-221/222 may contribute to the aggressive clinical behavior of basal-like breast cancers...
- Studies on HOXB4 expression during differentiation of human cytomegalovirus-infected hematopoietic stem cells into lymphocyte and erythrocyte progenitor cellsLiu Wen-jun
Department of Pediatrics, Affiliated Hospital of Luzhou Medical College, Luzhou 646000, Sichuan Province, China
Cell Biochem Biophys 63:133-41. 2012..ATRA, at the concentration used, significantly up-regulated HOXB4 mRNA/protein expression in normal lymphocyte and erythrocyte progenitor cells as well as in HCMV-infected cells...
- Expression and significance of homeodomain protein Cdx2 in gastric carcinoma and precancerous lesionsRong Qin
Department of Pathology, Basic Medical College, Anhui Medical University, Hefei 230032, Anhui Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 18:3296-302. 2012..To investigate the expression and significance of caudal-related homeobox transcription factor (Cdx2) in gastric carcinoma (GC) and precancerous lesions...
- Identification of a selective small-molecule inhibitor series targeting the eyes absent 2 (Eya2) phosphatase activityAaron B Krueger
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA
J Biomol Screen 18:85-96. 2013..Our studies identify the first selective Eya2 phosphatase inhibitors that can potentially be developed into chemical probes for functional studies of Eya phosphatase or into anticancer drugs in the future...
- Alterations in cardiac DNA methylation in human dilated cardiomyopathyJan Haas
Department of Internal Medicine III, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
EMBO Mol Med 5:413-29. 2013..In vivo studies of orthologous ly75 and adora2a in zebrafish demonstrate a functional role of these genes in adaptive or maladaptive pathways in heart failure...
- HOMEBOX GENES AND NEURONAL DIFFERENTIATIONGABRIEL AISEMBERG; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Soumen Paul; Fiscal Year: 2014..We will also determine whether GATA3 have differentiation stage specific target genes. ..
- VISUAL NEURONS--DEVELOPMENT AND REGENERATION IN VITROMARIA VALERIA CANTO SOLER; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Regulation and Function of the Rhox8 homeobox gene in granulosa cellsJAMES ARTHUR MACLEAN; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Stem cell manipulation via HOX gene regulationStephen G Emerson; Fiscal Year: 2010..These experiments will describe in detail the role of NF-Y in the biology of hematopoietic stem cells, and will develop two experimental therapies based directly on the biology of NF-Y, for both HSC expansion and HSC differentiation. ..
- Basis for Lymphomagenesis in Akt2 Transgenic MiceJoseph R Testa; Fiscal Year: 2013..abstract_text> ..
- Jenean O'Brien; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- WILLIAM JAMES MCGINNIS; Fiscal Year: 2015..This research will also increase our knowledge of the genetic circuitry that controls which cells in the developing head of embryos become different regions of the brain. ..
- The Role of Iroquois Homeobox Genes in VasculogenesisLeonard M Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Aim 3: Determine the Irx3 responsive target genes associated with early VSMC lineage commitment. (End of Abstract) ..
- NANCY JOAN BOUDREAU; Fiscal Year: 2014..Finally we will explore the notion that HoxA5 may act to coordinately stabilize the vasculature as well as the tumor epithelium and the pro-tumorigenic immune response thus represent a means to target the entire tumor microenvironment. ..
- Pax genes in cardiac developmentZACHARY PAUL NEEB; Fiscal Year: 2012..Thus, we will test the hypothesis that Pax7 compensates for Pax3 deficiency similarly by repressing Msx2, and that this results in normal heart development. ..
- Functional Characterization of Lung Adenocarcinoma Progression and MetastasisMONTE MEIER WINSLOW; Fiscal Year: 2011..My goals are to understand the molecular basis of metastasis and ultimately, to use this information to treat metastatic lesions and prevent metastatic spread. ..
- Joan S Jorgensen; Fiscal Year: 2016..Successful completion of these aims will uncover a novel pathway, [unreadable]catenin-Irx3/5, in the control of oocyte-granulosa cell communication whose disruption may contribute to causes of infertility and premature ovarian failure. ..
- MONTE MEIER WINSLOW; Fiscal Year: 2014..abstract_text> ..
- Alvaro Puga; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Patrick Cahan; Fiscal Year: 2016..An extensive program of formal training, course-work, meetings with the advisory committee, and dedicated supervision and mentorship by Dr. Daley will ensure that these goals are achieved. ..
- Regulation of insulins by the Rhox5 homeobox gene supports spermatogenesisJames Maclean; Fiscal Year: 2009..Thus, the characterization of Rhox5-null mice may also be useful as a model system for understanding human fertility problems. ..
- Beta-cell ProliferationFredric E Wondisford; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies of in vivo mechanisms of [unreadable]-cell proliferation may provide therapeutic approaches for diabetes mellitus in humans. ..
- Regulation of Rhox5 Transcriptional ElongationMarcy E Richardson; Fiscal Year: 2013..The control of these two phenomena will be analyzed in the developmental and tissue-specific program that allows the expression of Rhox5 Pp in the mouse testis. ..
- Inhibition of the MLL-AF4-AF9 Interaction in Pediatric LeukemiaAndrew Napper; Fiscal Year: 2012..The ultimate goal of this project is to discover targeted molecular therapies that treat these infant leukemias. ..
- Genetic Control of Axial Patterning in Drosophila EyeAmit Singh; Fiscal Year: 2010..It will also help to understand the molecular basis of developmental defects caused by mutations in the human homolog of Drosophila. ..
- Molecular Components Affecting Ocular Retinoid HomeostasisJOHANNES FRIEDERICH VONLINTIG; Fiscal Year: 2012..abstract_text> ..
- Vincent Poitout; Fiscal Year: 2015..We anticipate that these findings will serve as a basis to design novel therapeutic approaches to prevent the deterioration of [unreadable]-cell function in T2D. ..
- Regulation and Function of the Rhox5 Homeobox GeneMILES FROME WILKINSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, Rhox5 is regulated by a novel transcriptional mechanism that may significantly add to our understanding of gene regulation in general. ..
- Growth and Carcinogenic Potential in the Postnatal Mammary GlandDemetri D Spyropoulos; Fiscal Year: 2010..The practical application of this work is toward the development of high throughput identification of bioactive compounds that promote or prevent breast carcinogenesis. ..
- Justin P Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2016..In order to address these issues we will use a creative mixture of genetic, molecular and biochemical approaches along with genomic and bioinformatic methods to investigate these issues. ..
- Molecular and Genetic Regulation of Craniofacial DevelopmentBrian L Black; Fiscal Year: 2013..The goals are to place Mef2c into a transcriptional pathway and to identify the immediate transcriptional effectors of endothelin signaling in craniofacial development. ..
- Da Zhi Wang; Fiscal Year: 2015..Aim #2. To investigate the molecular events mediated by Csm, a cardiac-specific RNA helicase, in miRNA pathway. Aim #3. To define the role of Csm in cardiac development and cardiomyocyte proliferation. ..
- Mechanisms of CDX2 regulation of the IGF axisDuyen Dang; Fiscal Year: 2013..This line of investigation provides the first insights into how CDX2 can function as both a cell growth promoter and suppressor. This approach would hopefully lead to novel clinical strategies for colon cancer prevention and therapy. ..
- Function of the Six and Eya Genes in Retinal DevelopmentJUSTIN KUMAR; Fiscal Year: 2009..In order to address these issues we will use a creative mixture of genetic, molecular and biochemical approaches along with genomic and bioinformatic methods to investigate these issues. ..
- Ulrich G Steidl; Fiscal Year: 2016..We have recently reported that a non- clustered homeobox gene, HLX, is overexpressed in leukemic stem cells in a mouse AML model and in the vast majority (87%) of AML patients, ..
- Adrianna K San Roman; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- PDX-1 is a Therapeutic Target for Pancreatic CancerFRANCIS CHARLES BRUNICARDI; Fiscal Year: 2012..Preliminary data support the hypothesis that PDX-1 is a therapeutic target for PC, which could be a meaningful advance for patients with this horrible disease. ..
- Monique Bastidas; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- Role of MN1-TEL and MN1 in LeukemogenesisGerard C Grosveld; Fiscal Year: 2010..These studies should also provide leads for the development of novel therapies for AML involving these transcription factors. ..
- Mechanisms regulating hepatic specification and differentiation in zebrafishCHONG H SHIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..I expect I can answer the fundamental question how the liver and pancreas develop from common progenitors to acquire their unique and overlapping function with series of these experiments. ..
- The Role of Eya3 as a downstream target of EWS Fli1 in Ewings SarcomaTyler P Robin; Fiscal Year: 2013..Work within this proposal will allow us to determine which activities of Eya3 are important for its roles in Ewing's sarcoma, so that we can better guide our targeting of Eya3 with small molecule inhibitors. ..
- Jay L Hess; Fiscal Year: 2015..The experiments in this proposal will lay the groundwork for therapeutic targeting of the MLL-PAF axis or DOT1L in leukemias with varying mechanisms of transformation.) ..
- Mechanisms of FoxJ1 Tooth MorphogenesisBrad A Amendt; Fiscal Year: 2012..PERFORMANCE SITE(S) (organization, city, state) Texas A&M Health Science Center, Institute for Biosciences and Technology, Houston, TX PHS 398 (Rev. 04/06) Page 2 Form Page 2 ..
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL CONTROL OF PANCREATIC DEVELOPMENTKlaus H Kaestner; Fiscal Year: 2013..Therefore, we will develop and exploit new genetic tools to elucidate fundamental questions regarding the function of transcriptional regulators, or master genes, in proliferation and performance of beta-cells. ..
- Anju Vasudevan; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Iroquois Homeobox Transcription Factors in Heart Development and PhysiologyBENOIT GAETAN BRUNEAU; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results obtained will be relevant to human diseases that affect these processes, including arrhythmias after infarct and cardiac remodeling in heart failure. ..
- Genetic Basis of Congenital AnophthalmiaTHOMAS M GLASER; Fiscal Year: 2013..We aim to refine the mapping of ey2-ey4, and test this hypothesis using specific targeted mutations and conditional knockout mice. ..
- John L R Rubenstein; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- Eric D Marsh; Fiscal Year: 2014..These studies will also set the foundation of a model to be used to understand how alterations in interneuronal development lead to an early epileptic encephalopathy. ..
- ASHLEY MARIE ECKEL; Fiscal Year: 2015..0-like homeobox (Hlx), suggesting that Hlx may be involved in healthy hematopoiesis and malignant transformation...
- Shiming Chen; Fiscal Year: 2016..The new knowledge gained will have implications in developing stem cell-based cell replacement therapy as well as providing new targets for other therapeutic interventions. ..
- Tumor repressive role of Ets2 in the intestineROBERT GLEN OSHIMA; Fiscal Year: 2012..Understanding the regulation of intestinal stem cells is fundamentally important for evaluating the risk of colon cancer formation and for identifying new strategies for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Marianna Bei; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- RYAN TERRENCE WILLETT; Fiscal Year: 2014....
- Molecular control of spinal relay sensory neuron phenoypes and pain behaviorsQiufu Ma; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the fullness of time, the work may allow us to determine whether the Tlx3-mediated core transcriptional program is a valid and novel therapeutic target for pain management. ..
- A Mouse Knock-In Model for ENGRAILED 2 Autism SusceptibilityJames H Millonig; Fiscal Year: 2010..This information will be critical in the development of better diagnoses, treatments and preventions for ASD. ..
- MOLECULAR BIOLOGY OF NEUROGENESISStephen T Crews; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Rolf Bodmer; Fiscal Year: 2016..abstract_text> ..
- Genetic Control of Early Retinal DevelopmentRobert M Grainger; Fiscal Year: 2010..Third, we will examine the regulation of and interactions among a critical group of transcription factors essential for retina formation in order to ascertain their roles in the determination mechanism. ..
- CHRISTOPHER VYVIAN ERIC WRIGHT; Fiscal Year: 2015....
- Genetic analysis of dopaminergic neuron specification in C.elegansOliver Hobert; Fiscal Year: 2013..Factors found through our genetic approaches to be required for the regulation of DA fate will also be tested for whether they are sufficient to reprogram cells into a DA neuron-like state (Aim #3). ..
- GUILLERMO C OLIVER; Fiscal Year: 2015..The work proposed in this application builds on our previous findings and our generated mouse models to expand our knowledge about the processes leading to the formation of the visual system. ..
- Role of the cdx homeobox genes in the regulation of wt1 and nephron developmentAlan J Davidson; Fiscal Year: 2010..This work advances our understanding of how kidneys arise in the embryo and may be lead to new therapeutic targets to treat or prevent chronic renal failure. ..
- EFFECT OF ETHANOL ON CELL PROLIFERATIONMichael W Miller; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Functional study of novel transcriptional regulators of hematopoietic stem cellsShannon L McKinney-Freeman; Fiscal Year: 2012..By uncovering novel molecular regulators of their function and development, we can achieve a better understanding of their aberrant function and develop novel therapies to treat hematologic disease. ..
- Carolyn A Felix; Fiscal Year: 2014..The exploitation of zebrafish to model the functions of human MLL in the regulation of normal and malignant blood cell development will streamline future inroads to new molecularly targeted therapies for patients with MLL leukemia. ..
- Pem Homeobox Gene Function During SpermatogenesisJ Suzanne Lindsey; Fiscal Year: 2004..This proposal is a focused plan that will lead to the development of molecular targets to further the understanding of spermatogenesis and male fertility. ..
- NEW HOMEBOX GENES IN SCARLESS FETAL WOUND HEALINGCorey Largman; Fiscal Year: 2001..They hope these data will, in the long term, permit a type of scarless wound healing in adult tissue. ..
- HEX EXPRESSION AND REGULATION IN DEVELOPING LUNGCLIFFORD BOGUE; Fiscal Year: 2000..The additional training provided in this proposal will prepare the candidate for an independent and productive career in the biology of lung development. ..
- HOMEOBOX GENES AND CONGENITAL MALFORMATION OF THE LUNGMaryAnn Volpe; Fiscal Year: 2002..An understanding of the mechanisms involved in the development of congenital lung anomalies will permit the development of novel therapies to reduce prenatal and postnatal morbidity and mortality related to these abnormalities. ..
- Hhex-a Homeobox Gene Necessary for Liver DevelopmentClifford W Bogue; Fiscal Year: 2010..Additionally, this research will shed important insight into the pathogenesis of diseases of the biliary tract, including biliary atresia and polycystic liver disease. ..
- Hex - a Homeobox Gene Essential for Liver DevelopmentCLIFFORD BOGUE; Fiscal Year: 2007..Additionally, this research will shed important insight into the pathogenesis of diseases of the biliary tract, including biliary atresia and polycystic liver disease. ..