Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IGF2
Description: insulin like growth factor 2
Alias: C11orf43, GRDF, IGF-II, PP9974, insulin-like growth factor II, T3M-11-derived growth factor, insulin-like growth factor 2 (somatomedin A), insulin-like growth factor type 2, preptin
Publications260 found, 100 shown here
- Genome-wide association analysis of autoantibody positivity in type 1 diabetes casesVincent Plagnol
Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Wellcome Trust Diabetes and Inflammation Laboratory, Department of Medical Genetics, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, National Institute for Health Research Biomedical Research Centre, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS Genet 7:e1002216. 2011..Analysis of the TPOA-associated loci in 2,477 cases with Graves' disease identified two new AITD loci (BACH2 and UBASH3A)...
- Common genetic variation within IGFI, IGFII, IGFBP-1, and IGFBP-3 and endometrial cancer riskMonica McGrath
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Gynecol Oncol 120:174-8. 2011..Our hypothesis is that variant alleles in key genes involved in the IGF pathway will influence the development of endometrial cancer...
- Neuraminidase-1, a subunit of the cell surface elastin receptor, desialylates and functionally inactivates adjacent receptors interacting with the mitogenic growth factors PDGF-BB and IGF-2Aleksander Hinek
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Am J Pathol 173:1042-56. 2008..Furthermore, we provide direct evidence that neuraminidase caused the desialylation of both PDGF and IGF-1 receptors and diminished the intracellular signals induced by the mitogenic ligands PDGF-BB and IGF-2...
- Increased risk of type 1 diabetes in Polish children - association with INS-IGF2 5'VNTR and lack of association with HLA haplotypeWojciech Fendler
Department of Paediatrics, Oncology, Haematology and Diabetology, Medical University of Lodz, Poland
Endokrynol Pol 62:436-42. 2011Human leukocyte antigens (HLA) complex and INS-IGF2 5'VNTR loci are principal determinants of the risk of type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM). Carriage of class III allele is protective, while class I/I homozygosity increases the risk of T1DM.
- Identification of IGF2 signaling through phosphoinositide-3-kinase regulatory subunit 3 as a growth-promoting axis in glioblastomaLiliana Soroceanu
Department of Tumor Biology and Angiogenesis, Molecular Biology, Biostatistics, and Pathology, Genentech, Inc, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:3466-71. 2007..Using both expression profiling and in situ hybridization, we identified insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2) as a marker for a subset of glioblastomas (GBMs) that lack amplification or overexpression of EGF receptor...
- Insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2 ) and IGF-binding protein 1 (IGFBP1) gene variants are associated with overfeeding-induced metabolic changesO Ukkola
Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Louisiana State University, 6400 Perkins Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70808 4124, USA
Diabetologia 44:2231-6. 2001The aim of this study was to investigate the role of insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF1), IGF2, IGF binding protein 1 (IGFBP1) and IGFBP3 gene variants on the metabolic changes observed in response to a 100-day overfeeding protocol ..
- Detection of bound and free IGF-1 and IGF-2 in human plasma via biomolecular interaction analysis mass spectrometryDobrin Nedelkov
Intrinsic Bioprobes Inc, 625 S Smith Rd Suite 22, Tempe, AZ 85281, USA
FEBS Lett 536:130-4. 2003..Novel truncated IGF-2 variant, missing its N-terminal Alanine, was detected in all mass spectra...
- Insulin-like growth factor II and binding proteins 1 and 3 from second trimester human amniotic fluid are associated with infant birth weightDaniel K Tisi
School of Dietetics and Human Nutrition, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
J Nutr 135:1667-72. 2005..Our objectives were 2-fold: 1) to assess the concentration and distribution of insulin-like growth factor II (IGF II) and its binding proteins (BP) 1 and 3 in 2nd trimester amniotic fluid using ELISA, and 2) to establish whether ..
- Insulin-like growth factors mediate heterotrimeric G protein-dependent ERK1/2 activation by transactivating sphingosine 1-phosphate receptorsHesham M El-Shewy
Department of Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
J Biol Chem 281:31399-407. 2006..Given the ubiquity of SK and S1P receptor expression, S1P receptor transactivation may represent a general mechanism for G protein-dependent signaling by non-G protein-coupled receptors...
- Effect of the somatostatin analog octreotide acetate on circulating insulin-like growth factor-1 and related peptides in patients with non-metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: results of a phase II studyTerence W Friedlander
Urologic Oncology Program, Department of Medicine, Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Urol Oncol 30:408-14. 2012..In this study, the efficacy of depot octreotide acetate was prospectively evaluated in patients with CRPC...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms associated with metastatic tumour antigen 1 overexpression in patients with hepatocellular carcinomaSae Hwan Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, Soonchunhyang University College of Medicine, Cheonan, Korea
Liver Int 32:457-66. 2012..In this study, we determined single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in angiogenesis-related genes that are associated with MTA1 overexpression in HCC tissues...
- The retinoic acid-induced up-regulation of insulin-like growth factor 1 and 2 is associated with prolidase-dependent collagen synthesis in UVA-irradiated human dermal equivalentsJoong Hyun Shim
Bioscience Research Institute, AmorePacific Corporation R and D Center, Yongin, Republic of Korea
J Dermatol Sci 66:51-9. 2012..All-trans retinoic acid (ATRA) improves photo-aged human skin in vivo...
- Does insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor (IGF-1R) targeting provide new treatment options for chordomas? A retrospective clinical and immunohistochemical studySusanne Scheipl
Department of Orthopaedics and Orthopaedic Surgery, Medical University of Graz, Graz, Austria
Histopathology 60:999-1003. 2012..We investigated the expression of IGF-1R and its ligands, IGF-1 and IGF-2, in a series of 50 chordomas, in order to assess whether IGF-1R-signalling could be a potential target for specific inhibition in chordomas...
- Binding properties and distribution of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-related protein 3 (IGFBP-rP3/NovH), an additional member of the IGFBP SuperfamilyC P Burren
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 84:1096-103. 1999..The synthesis of IGFBP-rP3 by several malignant cell lines and its presence in human biological fluids suggest that this protein possesses other interesting roles, potentially in cell growth regulation...
- Peptide concentrations and mRNA expression of IGF-I, IGF-II and IGFBP-3 in breast cancer and their associations with disease characteristicsLina Mu
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale Cancer Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8034, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 115:151-62. 2009..To measure peptide concentrations and mRNA expression of the IGF Family in breast cancer and to examine their associations with the disease features...
- Diagnostic and prognostic role of the insulin growth factor pathway members insulin-like growth factor-II and insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 in serous effusionsAna Slipicevic
Division of Pathology, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Rikshospitalet Medical Center, N 0310 Oslo, Norway
Hum Pathol 40:527-37. 2009..Insulin-like growth factor-II and insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3 may be novel prognostic markers in metastatic ovarian carcinoma...
- Low circulating IGF-II concentrations predict weight gain and obesity in humansManjinder S Sandhu
Department of Public Health and Primary Care, Institute of Public Health, University of Cambridge, Strangeways Research Laboratory, Wort s Causeway, Cambridge CB1 8RN, U K
Diabetes 52:1403-8. 2003..006). Our data suggest that circulating IGF-II levels may play a role in body weight regulation and development of obesity in men and women with normal glucose tolerance...
- Amplification and overexpression of the IGF2 regulator PLAG1 in hepatoblastomaAndrea Zatkova
Institut für Medizinische Biologie, Universitat Wien, Vienna, Austria
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 39:126-37. 2004..PLAG1 has been shown be a transcriptional activator of IGF2 in other tumor types...
- Candidate genes associated with ageing and life expectancy in the Jerusalem longitudinal studyJochanan Stessman
Department of Geriatric Rehabilitation, Hadassah Hospital, Hebrew University Medical Center, Mt Scopus, Jerusalem
Mech Ageing Dev 126:333-9. 2005..MTHFR), cathepsin D (CAD), superoxide dismutase 2 (SOD2), angiotensinogen (AGT) and insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2), Leiden factor 7, p53 oncogene, dopamine D4 receptor (DRD4) and the serotonin transporter (SERT)...
- Effects of cord serum insulin, IGF-II, IGFBP-2, IL-6 and cortisol concentrations on human birth weight and length: pilot studyArianna Smerieri
Department of Paediatrics, University Hospital of Parma, Parma, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e29562. 2011..This study aimed at establishing and clarifying the effect of cord serum insulin, IGF-II, IGFBP-2, cortisol and IL-6 concentrations on birth length and weight...
- Binding characteristics of pro-insulin-like growth factor-II from cancer patients: binary and ternary complex formation with IGF binding proteins-1 to -6J J Bond
Cooperative Research Centre for Diagnostic Technologies, Brisbane, Queensland 4001, Australia
J Endocrinol 165:253-60. 2000..This may increase the tissue availability of serum pro-IGF-II, allowing its insulin-like potential to be realised...
- Insulin-like growth factor (IGF) 1 and 2 help to predict disease outcome in GIST patientsC Braconi
Centro Regionale di Genetica Oncologica Oncologia Medica, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
Ann Oncol 19:1293-8. 2008..The expression of the insulin-like growth factor (IGF) system has never been studied in gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs)...
- Mutation of three critical amino acids of the N-terminal domain of IGF-binding protein-3 essential for high affinity IGF bindingC K Buckway
Department of Pediatrics, Oregon Health Sciences University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97201, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:4943-50. 2001..The mutants provide a tool for future studies directed at IGF-dependent and IGF-independent actions of IGF-binding protein-3...
- Transferrin binds insulin-like growth factors and affects binding properties of insulin-like growth factor binding protein-3S Storch
Children s Hospital Biochemistry, University of Hamburg, Germany
FEBS Lett 509:395-8. 2001..In combination with Tf, IGFBP-3 showed a 5-fold higher affinity for IGF-II than IGFBP-3 alone. The data suggest that Tf may play an important role in regulating IGF/IGFBP-3 functions...
- Free and total insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I, -II, and IGF binding protein-1, -2, and -3 serum levels in patients with active thyroid eye diseaseG E Krassas
Department of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Panagia General Hospital, 55132 Thessaloniki, Greece
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:132-5. 2003..The increased IGF levels in retrobulbar tissues previously described, appear to be independent of serum IGFs concentration and probably represent autocrine and/or paracrine activity...
- Loss of insulin-like growth factor-II imprinting and the presence of screen-detected colorectal adenomas in womenKaren Woodson
Cancer Prevention Studies Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 96:407-10. 2004..These findings are intriguing and need to be confirmed in larger studies...
- Promoter-dependent tissue-specific expressive nature of imprinting gene, insulin-like growth factor II, in human tissuesH K Wu
Department of Molecular Pathology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 233:221-6. 1997The insulin-like growth factor II (IGF2) is a polypeptide with structure homology to insulin which possesses mitogen activity, and imprinted with paternal allele...
- Insulin-like growth factor II (IGF-II)S D O'Dell
Wessex Human Genetics Institute, Southampton University Hospitals NHS Trust, UK
Int J Biochem Cell Biol 30:767-71. 1998..Binding proteins may both localise IGFs to the receptors and regulate their activities. The IGF2 gene is maternally imprinted in mouse and human...
- Insulin-like growth factor-2 genotype, fat-free mass, and muscle performance across the adult life spanMatthew A Schrager
Dept of Kinesiology, University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 97:2176-83. 2004The influence of insulin-like growth factor-2 (IGF2) genotype on total body fat-free mass (FFM), muscle strength, and sustained power (SP) was evaluated repeatedly at approximately 2-yr intervals in two cohorts from the Baltimore ..
- Association of 11q loss, trisomy 12, and possible 16q loss with loss of imprinting of insulin-like growth factor-II in Wilms tumorNaoki Watanabe
Research Institute for Clinical Oncology, Saitama Cancer Center, Ina, Saitama, Japan
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 45:592-601. 2006We evaluated the WT1 and IGF2 status and performed chromosome and/or comparative genomic hybridization analysis in 43 tumor samples from patients with Wilms tumor...
- Placental IGF2 expression in normal and intrauterine growth restricted (IUGR) pregnanciesP Antonazzo
Placenta 29:99-101. 2008
- Structure and functional analysis of the IGF-II/IGF2R interactionJames Brown
Cancer Research UK Receptor Structure Research Group, Division of Structural Biology, Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Headington, Oxford, UK
EMBO J 27:265-76. 2008..Mutagenesis analyses confirm this IGF-II 'binding-hotspot', revealing that IGF-binding proteins and IGF2R have converged on the same high-affinity site...
- Different mechanisms cause imprinting defects at the IGF2/H19 locus in Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome and Wilms' tumourFlavia Cerrato
Dipartimento di Scienze Ambientali, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Via Vivaldi 43, 81100 Caserta, Italy
Hum Mol Genet 17:1427-35. 2008The parent of origin-dependent expression of the IGF2 and H19 genes is controlled by the imprinting centre 1 (IC1) consisting in a methylation-sensitive chromatin insulator...
- Somatically acquired hypomethylation of IGF2 in breast and colorectal cancerYoko Ito
Department of Oncology, University of Cambridge, CRUK Cambridge Research Institute, Li Ka Shing Centre, Robinson Way, Cambridge CB2 0RE, UK
Hum Mol Genet 17:2633-43. 2008The imprinted insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2) gene is expressed predominantly from the paternal allele...
- Expression of insulin-like growth factor-II and its receptor in pediatric and adult adrenocortical tumorsMadson Q Almeida
Unidade de Endocrinologia do Desenvolvimento, Laboratório de Hormônios e Genética Molecular LIM 42 da Disciplina de Endocrinologia do Hospital das Clínicas da Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:3524-31. 2008..Adrenocortical tumors are heterogeneous neoplasms with incompletely understood pathogenesis. IGF-II overexpression has been consistently demonstrated in adult adrenocortical carcinomas...
- Connective tissue growth factor is a downstream mediator for preptin-induced proliferation and differentiation in human osteoblastsYou Shuo Liu
Institute of Metabolism and Endocrinology, The Second Xiang Ya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, 410011 Hunan, People s Republic of China
Amino Acids 38:763-9. 2010b>Preptin, a newly isolated 34-amino-acid peptide hormone that is cosecreted with insulin and amylin from pancreatic beta-cells, has emerged as a regulatory element in bone metabolism, but its mechanism remains unclear...
- Aberrant epigenetic modifications in the CTCF binding domain of the IGF2/H19 gene in prostate cancer compared with benign prostate hyperplasiaAgnieszka Paradowska
Department of Urology and Pediatric Urology, Justus Liebig University, 35385 Giessen, Germany
Int J Oncol 35:87-96. 2009Expression of the imprinted genes insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2) and H19 depends on the methylation pattern of their common imprinting control region (ICR) located on chromosome 11p15...
- Specific epigenetic alterations of IGF2-H19 locus in spermatozoa from infertile menCeline Chalas Boissonnas
Biology of Reproduction CECOS, Cochin Saint Vincent de Paul Hospital, AP HP, Department of Genetics and Development, Cochin Institute, University Paris Descartes, Paris, France
Eur J Hum Genet 18:73-80. 2010..the DNA methylation status of 47 CpGs located in differentially methylated regions (DMRs), the DMR0 and DMR2 of the IGF2 gene and in the 3rd and 6th CTCF-binding sites of the H19 DMR in human sperm from men with normal semen and ..
- Racial differences in the association between body mass index and serum IGF1, IGF2, and IGFBP3Jay H Fowke
Vanderbilt Epidemiology Center, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 2525 West End Avenue, Nashville, Tennessee 37203 1738, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 17:51-60. 2010..cross-sectional analysis investigated whether BMI or BMI at age 21 years contributes to racial differences in IGF1, IGF2, IGF-binding protein 3 (IGFBP3), or free IGF1...
- Periconceptional maternal folic acid use of 400 microg per day is related to increased methylation of the IGF2 gene in the very young childRegine P Steegers-Theunissen
Obstetrics and Gynecology Division of Obstetrics and Prenatal Medicine, Erasmus MC, University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 4:e7845. 2009..mothers and children affect methylation of the insulin-like growth factor 2 gene differentially methylation region (IGF2 DMR) in the child...
- Regulation of IGF2 transcript and protein expression by altered methylation in breast cancerPreetha J Shetty
Department of Genetics, Vasavi Medical and Research Centre, Khairatabad, Hyderabad 500004, India
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 137:339-45. 2011..Present study was carried out to assess the role of methylation in regulating transcription and protein expression of Insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2), an oncogene with parental imprinting.
- Disruption of genomic neighbourhood at the imprinted IGF2-H19 locus in Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome and Silver-Russell syndromeRaffaella Nativio
Department of Oncology, Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute, University of Cambridge, LiKaShing Centre, Cambridge, UK
Hum Mol Genet 20:1363-74. 2011Hyper- and hypomethylation at the IGF2-H19 imprinting control region (ICR) result in reciprocal changes in IGF2-H19 expression and the two contrasting growth disorders, Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome (BWS) and Silver-Russell syndrome (SRS)...
- Insulin-like growth factor-2 (IGF-2) activates estrogen receptor-α and -β via the IGF-1 and the insulin receptors in breast cancer cellsA E Richardson
School of Medicine, Center for Health Disparities and Molecular Medicine, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA 92350, USA
Growth Factors 29:82-93. 2011..This novel mechanism of IGF-2 synergistic cross-talk signaling with ER-α and ER-β can promote estrogen-independent BC progression and provide new therapeutic targets for the treatment of BC patients...
- Insulin-like growth factor-2 (IGF2) loss of imprinting marks a field defect within human prostates containing cancerSachin Bhusari
Department of Urology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin, USA
Prostate 71:1621-30. 2011..A LOI for IGF2, a paracrine growth factor, has been implicated in the development of prostate and other cancers...
- Biochemical characterization of individual human glycosylated pro-insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-II and big-IGF-II isoforms associated with cancerSameer A Greenall
Division of Materials Science and Engineering, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
J Biol Chem 288:59-68. 2013..IGF-II isoforms thus possess unique biological properties that may enable them to escape normal sequestration avenues and remain bioavailable in vivo to sustain oncogenic signaling...
- HIF2A and IGF2 expression correlates in human neuroblastoma cells and normal immature sympathetic neuroblastsSofie Mohlin
Center for Molecular Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine, CREATE Health, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, Malmo, Sweden
Neoplasia 15:328-34. 2013..can, during development, be distinguished by distinct gene expression patterns, and insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2) is a marker of sympathetic chromaffin cells, whereas sympathetic neuroblasts lack IGF2 expression...
- Insulin-like growth factor 2 silencing restores taxol sensitivity in drug resistant ovarian cancerJurriaan Brouwer-Visser
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Women s Health Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e100165. 2014..The purpose of this study was to validate IGF2 as a potential therapeutic target in drug resistant ovarian cancer and to determine the efficacy of targeting IGF2 ..
- Positive associations between single nucleotide polymorphisms in the IGF2 gene region and body mass index in adult malesT R Gaunt
Human Genetics Research Division, University of Southampton School of Medicine, Duthie Building MP 808, Southampton General Hospital, Tremona Road, Southampton S016 6YD, UK
Hum Mol Genet 10:1491-501. 2001We previously demonstrated an association between the insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2) gene 3'-untranslated region (3'-UTR) ApaI polymorphism and body mass index (BMI) in over 2500 middle-aged Caucasoid males...
- Polymorphism of the IGF2 gene, birth weight and grip strength in adult menAvan Aihie Sayer
MRC Environmental Epidemiology Unit, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton SO16 6YD, UK
Age Ageing 31:468-70. 2002..b>IGF II has proliferative effects in adult muscle and is one of the major determinants of fetal growth; polymorphism in ..
- Loss of IGF2 imprinting: a potential marker of colorectal cancer riskHengmi Cui
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1064 Ross Building, 720 Rutland Avenue, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Science 299:1753-5. 2003Loss of imprinting (LOI), an epigenetic alteration affecting the insulin-like growth factor II gene (IGF2), is found in normal colonic mucosa of about 30% of colorectal cancer (CRC) patients, but it is found in only 10% of healthy ..
- An association between variants in the IGF2 gene and Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome: interaction between genotype and epigenotypeAdele Murrell
Laboratory of Developmental Genetics and Imprinting, The Babraham Institute, Cambridge, UK
Hum Mol Genet 13:247-55. 2004..syndrome (BWS) is a fetal overgrowth disorder involving the deregulation of a number of genes, including IGF2 and CDKN1C, in the imprinted gene cluster on chromosome 11p15.5...
- Structural determinants for high-affinity binding of insulin-like growth factor II to insulin receptor (IR)-A, the exon 11 minus isoform of the IRAdam Denley
School of Molecular and Biomedical Science, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide 5005, Australia
Mol Endocrinol 18:2502-12. 2004..Activation of IGF-1R by the chimeras reflected their binding affinities whereas the phosphorylation of the two IR isoforms was more complex...
- Replication of IGF2-INS-TH*5 haplotype effect on obesity in older men and study of related phenotypesSantiago Rodriguez
Human Genetics Division, University of Southampton, School of Medicine, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, UK
Eur J Hum Genet 14:109-16. 2006Interindividual variation of the IGF2-INS-TH region influences risk of a variety of diseases and complex traits...
- Association between the insulin-like growth factor 2 gene (IGF2) and scores on the Eating Attitudes Test in nonclinical subjects: a family-based studyRachel Bachner-Melman
Scheinfeld Center for Human Genetics in the Social Sciences, Department of Psychology, Hebrew University, Jerusalem 91905, Israel
Am J Psychiatry 162:2256-62. 2005An interesting candidate gene for eating disorders is the gene for insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2). Located on chromosome 11p15...
- Loss of imprinting in IGF2 in colorectal carcinoma assessed by microdissectionShiori Maenaka
Department of Laboratory Sciences, School of Health Sciences, Kanazawa University Faculty of Medicine, Kanazawa, Japan
Oncol Rep 15:791-5. 2006To ascertain the implications of loss of imprinting (LOI) of the insulin-like growth factor II gene (IGF2) for carcinogenesis, the precise frequency of LOI in colorectal carcinoma was examined using a laser capture microdissection method, ..
- Frequent IGF2/H19 domain epigenetic alterations and elevated IGF2 expression in epithelial ovarian cancerSusan K Murphy
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Duke University Medical Center, Box 91012, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Mol Cancer Res 4:283-92. 2006Overexpression of the imprinted insulin-like growth factor-II (IGF2) is a prominent characteristic of gynecologic malignancies...
- IGF2 polymorphisms are associated with hepatitis B virus clearance and hepatocellular carcinomaYoon Jun Kim
Department of Internal Medicine and Liver Research Institute, Seoul National University College of Medicine, 28 Yeongeon dong, Chongno Gu, Seoul 110 744, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 346:38-44. 2006The aim of this study was to determine whether IGF2 polymorphisms are associated with the clearance of hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection and the risk of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- IGF-II gene region polymorphisms related to exertional muscle damageJoseph M Devaney
Children s National Medical Center, Washington, District of Columbia, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 102:1815-23. 2007..In women, fewer significant associations appeared...
- LOI of IGF2 is associated with esophageal cancer and linked to methylation status of IGF2 DMRW Xu
Department of Pathology and Pathophysiology, Southeast University Medical School, Nanjing, China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 25:543-7. 2006In the present study, IGF2 mRNA expression was examined by semi-quantitative RT-PCR in 46 esophageal cancer cases...
- Heritable rather than age-related environmental and stochastic factors dominate variation in DNA methylation of the human IGF2/H19 locusBastiaan T Heijmans
Molecular Epidemiology Section, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden 2333 ZC, The Netherlands
Hum Mol Genet 16:547-54. 2007..influences and the combined effect of environmental and stochastic factors to variation in DNA methylation of the IGF2/H19 locus...
- Insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2) and IGF2 receptor gene variants are associated with fetal growthK Kaku
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chiba University Hospital, Chiba, Japan
Acta Paediatr 96:363-7. 2007..The aim of this study was to investigate the associations between the neonatal birth weight and the genotypes of polymorphic loci in the IGF2 and IGF2 receptor (IGF2R) genes.
- A novel binding site for the human insulin-like growth factor-II (IGF-II)/mannose 6-phosphate receptor on IGF-IICarlie Delaine
School of Molecular and Biomedical Science, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia 5005, Australia
J Biol Chem 282:18886-94. 2007..Furthermore, Thr(16) was identified as playing a major role in determining why IGF-II, but not IGF-I, binds with high affinity to the IGF2R...
- Study of association between common variation in the insulin-like growth factor 2 gene and indices of obesity and body size in middle-aged men and womenBarbara Heude
Medical Research Council Epidemiology Unit, Strangeways Research Laboratory, Cambridge CB1 8RN, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:2734-8. 2007The IGF2 gene (IGF2) plays a key role in growth and is a candidate for association with obesity...
- IGF-II promoter methylation and ovarian cancer prognosisA C Beeghly
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, 60 College Street, New Haven, CT, 06520 8034, USA
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 133:713-23. 2007..Thus, we sought to examine if DNA methylation varies among IGF-II promoters in ovarian cancer and if methylation patterns are related to clinical features of the disease...
- Duplication of the paternal IGF2 allele in trisomy 11 and elevated expression levels of IGF2 mRNA in congenital mesoblastic nephroma of the cellular or mixed typeNaoki Watanabe
Department of Cancer Diagnosis, Research Institute for Clinical Oncology, Saitama Cancer Center, Ina, Saitama, and Department of Pediatrics, Juntendo University, Nerima Hospital, Tokyo, Japan
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 46:929-35. 2007..All seven tumors with trisomy 11 showed duplication of the paternal IGF2 allele, and six cellular or classical type tumors with disomy 11 showed one paternal and one maternal allele of ..
- Association between paternally inherited haplotypes upstream of the insulin gene and umbilical cord IGF-II levelsRonald M Adkins
Department of Pediatrics, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee 38103, USA
Pediatr Res 62:451-5. 2007The insulin (INS) and IGF 2 (IGF2) genes are in close proximity to each other and undergo maternal imprinting during fetal growth...
- Association between small for gestational age and paternally inherited 5' insulin haplotypesR M Adkins
Department of Pediatrics, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, TN 38103, USA
Int J Obes (Lond) 32:372-80. 2008..To test the association between small for gestational age and polymorphisms in the insulin gene in newborns and their mothers, as well as the effect of the parental transmission of haplotypes...
- IGF2/H19 hypomethylation in Silver-Russell syndrome and isolated hemihypoplasiaMichael Zeschnigk
Institut fur Humangenetik, Universitatsklinikum Essen, Essen, Germany
Eur J Hum Genet 16:328-34. 2008..In 30% of patients, the differentially methylated IGF2/H19 imprinting center region (ICR1) on chromosome 11p15 was found to be hypomethylated, as determined by Southern ..
- IGF2: epigenetic regulation and role in development and diseaseWendy Chao
Schepens Eye Research Institute, 20 Staniford Street, Boston, MA 02114, United States
Cytokine Growth Factor Rev 19:111-20. 2008Insulin-like growth factor II (IGF2) is perhaps the most intricately regulated of all growth factors characterized to date...
- Aging and cancer-related loss of insulin-like growth factor 2 imprinting in the mouse and human prostateVivian X Fu
Department of Urology, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, USA
Cancer Res 68:6797-802. 2008..A LOI for Igf2, a paracrine growth factor, is important in cancer progression...
- Severe intrauterine growth retardation and atypical diabetes associated with a translocation breakpoint disrupting regulation of the insulin-like growth factor 2 geneR Murphy
Institute of Clinical and Biomedical Sciences, Peninsula Medical School, Barrack Road, Exeter EX2 5DW, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 93:4373-80. 2008..b>IGF2 gene expression is regulated by a complex system of enhancers and promoters that determine tissue-specific and ..
- Persistent epigenetic differences associated with prenatal exposure to famine in humansBastiaan T Heijmans
Departments of Molecular Epidemiology, Medical Statistics, and Gerontology and Geriatrics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:17046-9. 2008..to famine during the Dutch Hunger Winter in 1944-45 had, 6 decades later, less DNA methylation of the imprinted IGF2 gene compared with their unexposed, same-sex siblings...
- Loss of imprinting of IGF2 correlates with hypermethylation of the H19 differentially methylated region in hepatoblastomaS Honda
Department of Cancer Diagnosis, Saitama Cancer Center, Research Institute for Clinical Oncology, 818 Komuro, Ina, Saitama 362 0806, Japan
Br J Cancer 99:1891-9. 2008b>IGF2, a maternally imprinted foetal growth factor gene, is implicated in many childhood tumours including hepatoblastoma (HB); however, the genetic and epigenetic alterations have not comprehensively been studied...
- Paternal allele of IGF2 gene haplotype CTG is associated with fetal and placental growth in JapaneseKen Nagaya
Department of Pediatrics, Asahikawa Medical College, Asahikawa, Hokkaido 078 8510, Japan
Pediatr Res 66:135-9. 2009..We determined three tag-single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) to investigate haplotype frequency of IGF2 relative to size at birth in 134 healthy Japanese infants...
- Hypermethylation of the IGF2 differentially methylated region 2 is a specific event in insulinomas leading to loss-of-imprinting and overexpressionEmelyne Dejeux
Laboratory for Epigenetics CEA Institut de Génomique, Centre National de Genotypage, 91000 Evry, France
Endocr Relat Cancer 16:939-52. 2009..Particularly, overexpression of the imprinted IGF2 was caused by the hypermethylation of CpGs in the differentially methylated region 2 (DMR2)...
- Parent-of-origin specific linkage and association of the IGF2 gene region with birth weight and adult metabolic risk factorsN Y Souren
Department of Complex Genetics, Cluster of Genetics and Cell Biology, Maastricht University, Maastricht, The Netherlands
Int J Obes (Lond) 33:962-70. 2009The maternally imprinted insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2) gene is an important fetal growth factor and is also suggested to have postnatal metabolic effects...
- Loss of imprinting of the insulin-like growth factor II (IGF2) gene in esophageal normal and adenocarcinoma tissuesRonghua Zhao
Department of Surgery, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK S7N 0W8, Canada
Carcinogenesis 30:2117-22. 2009To evaluate loss of imprinting (LOI) and expression of the IGF2 gene in matched esophageal normal and adenocarcinoma tissues, we studied a prospective cohort of 77 patients who underwent esophageal resection between 1998 and 2003...
- Cohesin is required for higher-order chromatin conformation at the imprinted IGF2-H19 locusRaffaella Nativio
Department of Oncology, University of Cambridge, Cancer Research UK Cambridge Research Institute, Cambridge, United Kingdom
PLoS Genet 5:e1000739. 2009..At the imprinted IGF2-H19 locus, CTCF plays an important role in organizing allele-specific higher-order chromatin conformation and ..
- Frequent aberrant methylation of the imprinted IGF2/H19 locus and LINE1 hypomethylation in ovarian carcinomaReinhard H Dammann
Institute for Genetics, Justus Liebig University Giessen, Heinrich Buff Ring 58 62, D 35392, Giessen, Germany
Int J Oncol 36:171-9. 2010..We analyzed the aberrant methylation of a differentially methylated region (DMR0) and a CTCF binding site of the IGF2-H19 locus and methylation of LINE1 and Satellite 2 in 22 primary ovarian carcinomas (OC) and controls by a ..
- Epigenetic modulation of the IGF2/H19 imprinted domain in human embryonic and extra-embryonic compartments and its possible role in fetal growth restrictionSilvia Tabano
Department of Medicine, Surgery and Dentistry, Unit of Medical Genetics, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milano, Italy
Epigenetics 5:313-24. 2010Genomic imprinting, resulting in parent-of-origin-dependent gene expression, is mainly achieved by DNA methylation. IGF2 and H19, belonging to the same cluster of imprinted genes and regulated by ICR1, DMR2 and H19 promoter elements, play ..
- Upregulation of IGF2 is associated with an acquired resistance for cis-diamminedichloroplatinum in human head and neck squamous cell carcinomaTakenori Ogawa
Department of Molecular Pathology, Tohoku University School of Medicine, Sendai, Miyagi, 980 8575, Japan
Eur Arch Otorhinolaryngol 267:1599-606. 2010..b>IGF2 was found to be one of the candidates for acquired CDDP-resistance...
- Investigation of IGF2/ApaI and H19/RsaI polymorphisms in patients with cutaneous melanomaM R Soares
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, School of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Growth Horm IGF Res 20:295-7. 2010..The aim of our study was to verify if single polymorphic sites within IGF2 and H19 genes and their consequent haplotypes influence risk and/or prognosis of familial melanoma.
- Maternal insulin-like growth factors 1 and 2 (IGF-1, IGF-2) and IGF BP-3 and the hypertensive disorders of pregnancySharon M Cooley
Rotunda Hospital, Parnell Street, Dublin 1, Ireland
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 23:658-61. 2010....
- Targeted tumor gene therapy based on loss of IGF2 imprintingYuqin Pan
Central Laboratory of Nanjing First Hospital affiliated to Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, Jiangsu, China
Cancer Biol Ther 10:290-8. 2010Loss of imprinting (LOI) of the insulin-like growth factor 2 gene (IGF2) is one of the most common epigenetic abnormalities seen in human neoplasms...
- Association of birth weight with polymorphisms in the IGF2, H19, and IGF2R genesRonald M Adkins
Department of Pediatrics, University of Tennessee Health Science Center, Memphis, Tennessee 38103, USA
Pediatr Res 68:429-34. 2010..We tested 18 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in the IGF2, H19, and IGF2R genes for associations with birth weight variation in 342 mother-newborn pairs (birth weight 2.1-4...
- Inter- and intra-individual variation in allele-specific DNA methylation and gene expression in children conceived using assisted reproductive technologyNahid Turan
Fels Institute for Cancer Research and Molecular Biology, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS Genet 6:e1001033. 2010..intra- and inter-individual variation in DNA methylation at the differentially methylated regions (DMRs) of the IGF2/H19 and IGF2R loci in a population of children conceived in vitro or in vivo...
- Interruption of intrachromosomal looping by CCCTC binding factor decoy proteins abrogates genomic imprinting of human insulin-like growth factor IIHe Zhang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Ninth People s Hospital, Shanghai Jiaotong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200025, China
J Cell Biol 193:475-87. 2011Monoallelic expression of IGF2 is regulated by CCCTC binding factor (CTCF) binding to the imprinting control region (ICR) on the maternal allele, with subsequent formation of an intrachromosomal loop to the promoter region...
- mTOR phosphorylates IMP2 to promote IGF2 mRNA translation by internal ribosomal entryNing Dai
Department of Molecular Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA
Genes Dev 25:1159-72. 2011Variants in the IMP2 (insulin-like growth factor 2 [IGF2] mRNA-binding protein 2) gene are implicated in susceptibility to type 2 diabetes...
- Methylation variation at IGF2 differentially methylated regions and maternal folic acid use before and during pregnancyCathrine Hoyo
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Epigenetics 6:928-36. 2011..aberrant DNA methylation at two differentially methylated regions (DMRs) regulating Insulin-like Growth Factor 2 (IGF2) expression in infants...
- Liver mitochondrial dysfunction is reverted by insulin-like growth factor II (IGF-II) in aging ratsMaria Garcia-Fernandez
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, University of Malaga, 29071 Malaga, Spain
J Transl Med 9:123. 2011..Since mitochondria seem to be the most important cellular target of IGF-I, the aim of this work was to investigate whether the cytoprotective actions of IGF-II therapy are mediated by mitochondrial protection...
- Loss of imprinting and aberrant methylation of IGF2 in placentas from pregnancies complicated with fetal growth restrictionOurania Koukoura
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University Hospital of Heraklion, Heraklion, Crete, Greece
Int J Mol Med 28:481-7. 2011The objective of this study was to investigate the hypothesis that the altered epigenetic mechanisms that regulate IGF2 imprinting in placentas from fetal growth restricted (FGR) pregnancies affect IGF2 expression leading to impaired ..
- Associations between paternally transmitted fetal IGF2 variants and maternal circulating glucose concentrations in pregnancyClive J Petry
Department of Paediatrics, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
Diabetes 60:3090-6. 2011To test the hypothesis that polymorphic variation in the paternally transmitted fetal IGF2 gene is associated with maternal glucose concentrations in the third trimester of pregnancy.
- Association of cord blood methylation fractions at imprinted insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2), plasma IGF2, and birth weightCathrine Hoyo
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, 2200 West Main Street, Ste 600, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Cancer Causes Control 23:635-45. 2012Altered methylation at Insulin-like Growth Factor 2 (IGF2) regulatory regions has previously been associated with obesity, and several malignancies including colon, esophageal, and prostate adenocarcinomas, presumably via changes in ..
- Gene expression profiling of neural stem cells and their neuronal progeny reveals IGF2 as a regulator of adult hippocampal neurogenesisOliver Bracko
Institute of Molecular Health Sciences, Department of Biology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich, 8093 Zurich, Switzerland
J Neurosci 32:3376-87. 2012..significantly higher levels in DG NSCs than in immature neurons was the growth factor insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2)...
- Genetic and non-genetic influences during pregnancy on infant global and site specific DNA methylation: role for folate gene variants and vitamin B12Jill A McKay
Institute for Ageing and Health, Human Nutrition Research Centre, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 7:e33290. 2012..Global (LUMA) and gene specific (IGF2, ZNT5, IGFBP3) DNA methylation were quantified in 430 infants by Pyrosequencing®...
- Prenatal famine and genetic variation are independently and additively associated with DNA methylation at regulatory loci within IGF2/H19Elmar W Tobi
Molecular Epidemiology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
PLoS ONE 7:e37933. 2012..single nucleotide polymorphisms covering the genetic variation (tagging SNPs) with DNA methylation at the imprinted IGF2/H19 region, a model for an epigenetically regulated genomic region...
- Progression to adrenocortical tumorigenesis in mice and humans through insulin-like growth factor 2 and β-cateninJoanne H Heaton
Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Diabetes, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA
Am J Pathol 181:1017-33. 2012Dysregulation of the WNT and insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2) signaling pathways has been implicated in sporadic and syndromic forms of adrenocortical carcinoma (ACC)...
- IGF2 DNA methylation is a modulator of newborn's fetal growth and developmentJulie St-Pierre
Department of Pediatrics, Chicoutimi Hospital, Chicoutimi, QC, Canada
Epigenetics 7:1125-32. 2012The insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2) gene, located within a cluster of imprinted genes on chromosome 11p15, encodes a fetal and placental growth factor affecting birth weight...
- Altered methylation of IGF2 DMR0 is associated with neural tube defectsLihua Wu
Beijing Municipal Key Laboratory of Child Development and Nutriomics, Capital Institute of Pediatrics, No 2, YaBao Road, Chao Yang District, Beijing 100020, People s Republic of China
Mol Cell Biochem 380:33-42. 2013..The insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2) gene, maternally imprinted, has a key role in fetal development...
- Loss of imprinting of Igf2 alters intestinal maturation and tumorigenesis in miceTakashi Sakatani
Department of Medicine, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Science 307:1976-8. 2005Loss of imprinting (LOI) of the insulin-like growth factor II gene (IGF2) is an epigenetic alteration that results in a modest increase in IGF2 expression, and it is present in the normal colonic mucosa of about 30% of patients with ..
- Identification of seven new prostate cancer susceptibility loci through a genome-wide association studyRosalind A Eeles
The Institute of Cancer Research, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Nat Genet 41:1116-21. 2009..In addition to replicating previous associations, we identified seven new prostate cancer susceptibility loci on chromosomes 2, 4, 8, 11 and 22 (with P = 1.6 x 10(-8) to P = 2.7 x 10(-33))...
- MECHANISM AND FUNCTION OF GENOMIC IMPRINTINGShirley Tilghman; Fiscal Year: 2002..A model was proposed to explain the reciprocal imprinting of H19 and Igf2 in which the promoters of the two genes, which lie 90 kb apart, compete for transcriptional enhancers...
- David D Fuller; Fiscal Year: 2016..This renewal application targets optimization of adeno-associated virus (AAV) based therapies to treat respiratory neurons in Pompe disease. ..
- Nancy M Dahms; Fiscal Year: 2016..These studies will also provide the structural basis for the design of improved therapeutics for the treatment of lysosomal storage disorders, and novel inhibitors of viral infection and growth factor activation. ..
- IMPRINTING EVOLUTION AND CANCER SUSCEPTIBILITYRandy Jirtle; Fiscal Year: 2004..Dr. Jirtle will test this hypothesis by determining whether: 1) M6P/IGF2R and IGF2 are imprinted in non-placental mammals; 2) M6P/IGF2R inactivation increases cancer susceptibility; 3) M6P/IGF2R ..
- Cristina M Alberini; Fiscal Year: 2016..Results from these studies should advance our knowledge of neural mechanisms that may be employed to achieve memory enhancement and to treat cognitive impairments. ..
- INSULIN-LIKE GROWTH FACTOR II BIOLOGIC ACTIONSSAMUEL CASELLA; Fiscal Year: 1990..By examining the interaction of IGF-II with these tissues at the molecular level and by extending our observations of its actions in vitro, we hope to better understand the role of this growth factor in the human fetus...
- ROLE OF IGFS IN WILMS TUMOR DEVELOPMENTJAMES PERDUE; Fiscal Year: 1991....
- SOMATIC CELL TRANSFER TO MODEL MEDULLOBLASTOMA IN MICEDANIEL WEBSTER FULTS; Fiscal Year: 2013..Achievement of these aims will make it possible to translate the mechanistic discoveries to molecular targeted therapies for children with MB. ..
- Expansion of hematopoietic stem cells by Angiopoietin-like 2Chengcheng Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Cristina M Alberini; Fiscal Year: 2016..contextual fear conditioning types of memory in rats, we have recently found that the growth factor insulin like growth factor II (IGF-II) acts as a potent memory enhancer when administered during the consolidation or ..
- BIOSYNTHETIC ACTIVITY OF THE CHOROID PLEXUSJoseph Herbert; Fiscal Year: 1993..In all of the above, as in our previous work, classic molecular gentic techniques will be complemented by a strong emphasis on morphological techniques, including immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization...
- INTEGRATIVE ANALYSIS OF CORONARY ADAPTATIONS TO ISCHEMIAWILLIAM CHILIAN; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- Cytokine Inhibition in Hepatocellular CarcinomaJonathan Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- Effects of Albuterol on Muscle Protein SynthesisCharles Lambert; Fiscal Year: 2007..of albuterol administration (16 mg/24h) on skeletal muscle protein synthesis (MPS) and the mRNAs for insulin like growth factor II, and Ca2+ dependent proteolysis using Real Time PCR as well as the phosphorylation status of P70 S6 ..
- CONTROL OF CELL GROWTH BY MITOGEN RECEPTORSJAMES PERDUE; Fiscal Year: 1980..The binding of 125I-ILAs and 125I-insulin and the rate of incorporation of TdR were studied as functions of CEF plating density...
- GENE EFFECTS ON STRENGTH RESPONSES TO AGE AND EXERCISEBernard Hurley; Fiscal Year: 2005..Conversely, identifying persons who improve their strength and muscle mass the least with strength training would allow them to focus on interventions that might be more efficacious for them. ..
- IGF II AND CATHEPSIN D IN TUMOR GROWTH AND METASTASISDaisy De Leon; Fiscal Year: 2000..More comprehensive studies may then be warranted to assess whether additional benefit is gained from including specific forms of cathepsin D and IGF-II among the prognostic indicators for tumor cell metastasis. ..
- PRIMATE ENDOCRINE REGULATION IN THE PERINATAL PERIODRobert Jaffe; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- ANTIBODIES AND ANTIGENS IN HEPATOCELLULAR CARCINOMAENG TAN; Fiscal Year: 2005..Other studies are to determine the target genes(s) of SG2NA and potential protein binding partners. Elucidation of the properties and function of these proteins might contribute to understanding co-activating factors in carcinogenesis. ..
- Neuroprotective Drugs for Alzheimer's DiseaseTREVOR TWOSE; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- ROLE OF IGF-11 IN NERVOUS SYSTEM DEVELOPMENTDOUGLAS ISHII; Fiscal Year: 1990..These studies serve to bridge the gap between neurite growth and attempts to identify the second messenger of neuritogenic polypeptides. Mice will be employed in this study as a source of nerve growth factor...
- DEVELOPMENT OF ITOMEXOL AS A NOVEL HEPATOMA THERAPYJIFAN HU; Fiscal Year: 2000..The 5-year survival rates of hepatoma are very low, ranging from 16% to 25%. Insulin-like growth factor II (Igf2), a potent growth factor is dysregulated and overexpressed in many human tumors, including hepatoma...
- INSULIN LIKE GROWTH FACTOR II IN BREAST CANCERKevin Cullen; Fiscal Year: 1999..3. To determine loss of imprinting of IGF-II by allele specific in situ hybridization in breast tumor biopsies. 4. To examine the utility of IGF-II/M6P receptor fragments as antitumor agents in breast cancer. ..
- Role of Fibroblasts and IGF-II in Breast CarcinogenesisAndra Frost; Fiscal Year: 2003..and in vivo models to assess the effect of human fibroblasts and their cellular products, emphasizing insulin like growth factor II (IGF-II), on the growth of non-transformed and partially transformed ("pre-neoplastic") human breast ..
- OBESITY: ROLE OF NUTRITION, IGF-II AND INSULINTHOMAS LAUTERIO; Fiscal Year: 1993..Further, the work on dietary obesity resistant animals could yield information which would allow for the screening of populations and the detection of individuals at high risk for obesity...
- NEGATIVE REGULATION OF IGF-11 BY THE IGF-11R IN CANCERMatthew Ellis; Fiscal Year: 2000....
- Epigenetic Regulation of Imprinting in Mouse EmbryoMarisa S Bartolomei; Fiscal Year: 2012..enhancer blocking function and a DNA methylation-free region on the imprinting control region (ICR) of the H19/Igf2 locus...
- Marisa S Bartolomei; Fiscal Year: 2016..The studies will employ the conserved H19 and Igf2 locus...
- SEQUENCES CONTROLLING H19 GENE IMPRINTINGMarisa S Bartolomei; Fiscal Year: 2010..The imprinting of H19 and the linked and oppositely imprinted Igf2 gene, is mediated, at least in part, through the 2 kb imprinting control region (ICR) that is located 2 kb upstream ..
- Rebecca A Simmons; Fiscal Year: 2016..that BPA exposure during pregnancy results in loss of imprinting at two genes critical for development and obesity, Igf2 and Snrpn, in the embryo and placenta...
- MODULATION OF IGF-II IMPRINTING IN THE AGING PROSTATEDavid F Jarrard; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>IGF2, a paracrine and autocrine regulator of cell proliferation, is tightly regulated and maintains a strict imprinted ..
- Imprinted genes as risk and early detection markers for breast cancerKarin B Michels; Fiscal Year: 2010..genome, and all its imprinted genes govern placental and fetal growth (PHLDA2, SLC22A18, CDKN1C, KCNQ1DN, KCNQ1, IGF2 and H19)...
- Stability of epigenetic structures in ART childrenCarmen Sapienza; Fiscal Year: 2010..The incidence of abnormal epigenetic marks will be compared between the two populations to determine whether any aspect of the ART procedure results in destabilization of epigenetic structures in the genomes of early human embryos. ..
- Exploring persistent epigenetic changes after prenatal famine exposure in humansL H Lumey; Fiscal Year: 2010..1) and also the first study to show that there are persistent epigenetic differences in DNA methylation of the IGF2 gene after exposure to a prenatal famine environment (2)...
- Nutrition, Deregulation of Imprinted GenesCathrine Hoyo; Fiscal Year: 2013..Deregulation of the paternally expressed IGF2 has been associated with increased risk of obesity, overgrowth disorders and obesity-related cancers in animal and ..
- Obesity and deregulation of imprinted genes in early lifeSusan Kay Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2013..Indeed, aberrant DNA methylation at imprint regulatory elements of the paternally expressed growth factor, IGF2, have been associ- ated with increased risk of obesity and overgrowth disorders...
- Glycosylation-independent enzyme therapy of the brain in Sanfilippo B syndromePatricia I Dickson; Fiscal Year: 2013..To overcome this hurdle, we developed a fusion protein of insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2) and NAGLU (rhNAGLU-IGF2)...
- Molly L Kile; Fiscal Year: 2014..arsenic and DNA methylation of endothelial nitric oxide gene (eNOS) and the insulin-like growth factor gene (Igf2) which are well characterized and involved in fetal growth and development using umbilical cord leukocytes and ..
- Epigenetic Changes After Intrauterine Exposure to Endocrine Disrupting ChemicalsKARIN MICHELS; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Shengli Ding; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Insulin-like growth factors (IGF1 and IGF2), insulin and some insulin therapies promote intestinal growth but are also linked to colorectal cancer (CRC) and increased CRC risk in obesity or diabetes...
- Joseph Avruch; Fiscal Year: 2016..Among them is an RNA binding protein IMP2, first discovered by its ability to bind to an IGF2 mRNA expressed primarily in fetal life, whose translation is regulated by mTORC1...
- Maria Lehtinen; Fiscal Year: 2014..Since the CSF contains hundreds of proteins, I will then use biochemical and genetic approaches to examine how Igf2 (Insulin-like growth factor 2), a candidate factor identified in our preliminary mass spectrometry analyses, may be ..
- Cerebrospinal fluid proteome mediated signaling in the developing CNSMaria Lehtinen; Fiscal Year: 2011..Since the CSF contains hundreds of proteins, I will then use biochemical and genetic approaches to examine how Igf2 (Insulin-like growth factor 2), a candidate factor identified in our preliminary mass spectrometry analyses, may be ..
- Age-related epigenetic gene silencing in the RPELEONARD HJELMELAND; Fiscal Year: 2007..To test this hypothesis, we will focus our initial studies on TIMP3, BRCA1, IGF2, and GSTP1...
- Discovering Microenvironments Promoting Pathological EMT using Array TechnologyNaira Serobyan; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Susan Kay Murphy; Fiscal Year: 2014..In addition, methylation analysis of two regulatory regions controlling IGF2 expression shows deviation from normal in specimens with CIN2-CIN3 classification and more profound deviation in ..
- Cardiovascular Disease Biomarkers and Mediation of Hormone Therapy EffectsRoss L Prentice; Fiscal Year: 2012..The project has a high probability of confirming some new biomarkers of CHD and stroke risk, and for providing additional insight into observed hormone therapy effects on these diseases. ..
- Christopher A Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2016..We will also study the regulation of neurogenesis by specific proteins of the eCSF. We have identified IGF2 as one specific growth factor that is highly expressed in eCSF during neurogenesis, and down regulated postnatally...
- Insulin-like growth factor 2 receptor in CNS viral infection and inflammationHyeon Sook Suh; Fiscal Year: 2012..Since IGF2R functions to degrade IGF peptides (IGF1 and IGF2) and serum IGF levels are reduced during viral infection, we propose that over-expression of IGF2R in brain ..
- Effect of NF1 mutation on choroid plexus functionSally Temple; Fiscal Year: 2013..the CSF will be examined, focusing on CP-generated growth factors that impact brain progenitor cells such as BMP7, IGF2 and Midkine, and novel factors revealed through the CP transcriptome analysis...
- Polly A Newcomb; Fiscal Year: 2016..DNA for BRAF mutation using TaqMan PCR and CIMP using a colorectal cancer-specific MethyLight PCR panel (CACNA1G, IGF2, NEUROG1, RUNX3, and SOCS1)...
- Zhe Li; Fiscal Year: 2015..Both IGFs (IGF1 and IGF2) and IGF1R are commonly involved in human cancers, including leukemia...
- Juvenile trophic factors for the prevention and treatment of hippocampal agingJan Krzysztof Blusztajn; Fiscal Year: 2010..We have identified two such juvenile factors, bone morphogenetic protein 9 (BMP9) and insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2)...
- The LIN28b-Let7 axis in intestinal epithelial biologyAnil K Rustgi; Fiscal Year: 2013..In turn, Let-7 microRNAs have diverse mRNA targets, including what we have elaborated upon, namely Igf2 mRNA binding protein-1 (IMP-), an mRNA binding protein originally identified as a translational modulator of c-Myc ..
- Vladimir S Spiegelman; Fiscal Year: 2016..CRD-BP is a multifunctional RNA-binding protein that recognizes the mRNAs of MITF, bTrCP1, Gli1, c-myc, IGF2, tau, and other genes. We identified CRD-BP as a novel target of b-catenin/Tcf, and c-myc transcription factors...
- Anna Marie Kenney; Fiscal Year: 2016..and mouse models, we have found that Shh promotes activity of the oncogene YAP, which in turn drives expression of IGF2, contributing to enhanced proliferation and permitting tumor cells to survive radiation, which can lead to tumor ..
- Shengli Ding; Fiscal Year: 2016..Levels of IGF1, IGF2 or insulin profoundly impact lifespan, and may dictate the survival and numbers of pluripotent or tissue-restricted ..
- Clinicopathology of IGF2 loss of imprinting in colon neoplasiaMarcia Cruz Correa; Fiscal Year: 2009..Reynold Lopez (UPRCCC). This project will test the hypothesis that abnormal imprinting of the IGF2 gene is a biomarker for colorectal cancer (CRC) predisposition, with a diffuse tissue distribution, which exerts ..
- Xiaolin Zi; Fiscal Year: 2014..We will serially measure levels of IGF1, IGF2, IGFBP3, and IL6 in the blood of the patients, and measure levels of IGF1R on blood cells...
- Fibrillin 2 and Developmental Genetics of Hip Dysplasia in a Canine ModelRory Todhunter; Fiscal Year: 2009..Such discoveries will lead to new preventions and treatments. ..
- Epigentics and Female Reproductive CancersMARY COLETTE PERRIN; Fiscal Year: 2012..My research will focus on two epigenetic processes: X-chromosome inactivation and loss of imprinting at IGF2. I will investigate in hospital-based case control study, the relation between skewed X-chromosome inactivation and ..
- Functional Characterization of WTX in Renal DevelopmentMIGUEL NICOLAS RIVERA; Fiscal Year: 2011..Alterations in beta-catenin, insulin-like growth factor 2 (IGF2) and p53 have been described but there are no known specific genetic defects that account for the majority of cases...