Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: IHH
Description: indian hedgehog
Alias: BDA1, HHG2, indian hedgehog protein, Indian hedgehog homolog
Publications250 found, 100 shown here
- Parathyroid hormone receptor type 1/Indian hedgehog expression is preserved in the growth plate of human fetuses affected with fibroblast growth factor receptor type 3 activating mutationsSarah Cormier
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale U426, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Hopital Robert Debre, Paris, France
Am J Pathol 161:1325-35. 2002The fibroblast growth factor receptor type 3 (FGFR3) and Indian hedgehog (IHH)/parathyroid hormone (PTH)/PTH-related peptide receptor type 1 (PTHR1) systems are both essential regulators of endochondral ossification...
- Cholesterol modification of hedgehog signaling proteins in animal developmentJ A Porter
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Science 274:255-9. 1996..This use of cholesterol to modify embryonic signaling proteins may account for some of the effects of perturbed cholesterol biosynthesis on animal development...
- Vertebrate Hedgehog signalling modulated by induction of a Hedgehog-binding proteinP T Chuang
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, The Biolabs, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02138, USA
Nature 397:617-21. 1999..Overexpression of Hip in cartilage, where Indian hedgehog (Ihh) controls growth, leads to a shortened skeleton that resembles that seen when Ihh function is lost (B...
- Widespread requirement for Hedgehog ligand stimulation in growth of digestive tract tumoursDavid M Berman
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics and Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Nature 425:846-51. 2003..Our results identify a group of common lethal malignancies in which Hh pathway activity, essential for tumour growth, is activated not by mutation but by ligand expression...
- Activation of Indian hedgehog promotes chondrocyte hypertrophy and upregulation of MMP-13 in human osteoarthritic cartilageF Wei
Department of Orthopedics, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Osteoarthritis Cartilage 20:755-63. 2012The objectives of this study were to (1) determine the correlation between osteoarthritis (OA) and Indian hedgehog (Ihh) expression, and (2) establish the effects of Ihh on expression of markers of chondrocyte hypertrophy and matrix ..
- The human hedgehog-interacting protein gene: structure and chromosome mapping to 4q31.21-->q31.3M Bak
Department of Medical Genetics, Institute of Medical Biochemistry and Genetics, The Panum Institute, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Cytogenet Cell Genet 92:300-3. 2001..HHIP comprises 13 exons and spans >91kb encoding a protein of 700 aa which shares 94% sequence iden- tity with mouse Hhip. HHIP maps to chromosome 4q31.21--> q31.3. Additionally, we have mapped murine Hhip to chromosome 8...
- Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism due to loss of function of the KiSS1-derived peptide receptor GPR54Nicolas de Roux
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale Unité 135, Unité de Recherches Hormones Gènes et Reproduction, Hopital de Bicetre, 94275 Le Kremlin Bicetre, France
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100:10972-6. 2003..Kallmann syndrome), hypogonadotropic hypogonadism is referred to as isolated hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH)...
- Aromatase inhibition in the human male reveals a hypothalamic site of estrogen feedbackF J Hayes
Department of Medicine and National Center for Infertility Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston 02114, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 85:3027-35. 2000..Parallel studies of NL men and men with idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH), whose pituitary-gonadal axis had been normalized with long-term GnRH therapy, were performed to permit precise ..
- [The expression of basic fibroblast growth factor 1 during human embryonic yolk sac hematopoiesis]Yue Si Wang
Department of Biotech, Binzhou Medical College, Yantai 264003, China
Zhonghua Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 29:535-9. 2008..the expression of FGF1, vascular endothelial growth factor receptor (KDR), CD133, CD34 and transcription factors Ihh, SCL, GATA-1, GATA-2 and PU...
- Predictors of outcome of long-term GnRH therapy in men with idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadismNelly Pitteloud
Reproductive Endocrine Unit of the Department of Medicine, National Center for Infertility Research, General Clinical Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:4128-36. 2002..is successful in inducing virilization and spermatogenesis in men with idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH)...
- A homozygous R262Q mutation in the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor presenting as constitutional delay of growth and puberty with subsequent borderline oligospermiaLin Lin
Institute of Child Health and Department of Medicine, University College London, UK
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:5117-21. 2006..receptor plays a central role in regulating gonadotropin synthesis and release, and several mutations in the GNRHR gene have been reported in patients with idiopathic or familial forms of isolated hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH).
- A mutation in the fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 gene causes fully penetrant normosmic isolated hypogonadotropic hypogonadismNing Xu
Section of Reproductive Endocrinology, Infertility, and Genetics, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, The Medical College of Georgia, 1120 15th Street, Augusta, Georgia 30912 3360, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:1155-8. 2007Kallmann syndrome (KS) consists of idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH) and anosmia/hyposmia...
- Indian hedgehog coordinates endochondral bone growth and morphogenesis via parathyroid hormone related-protein-dependent and -independent pathwaysS J Karp
Harvard University, Department of Molecular Biology, The Biolabs, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Development 127:543-8. 2000Indian hedgehog (Ihh) and Parathyroid Hormone-related Protein (PTHrP) play a critical role in the morphogenesis of the vertebrate skeleton...
- [Relationship between TWIK-related acid-sensitive K+ channel-1 and TWIK-related acid-sensitive K+ channel-3 expression and the occurrence of central sleep apnea: experiment with rats]Cheng Zhang
Department of Respiratory Diseases, First Hospital of Peking University, Beijing 100034, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 87:2929-31. 2007..To investigate the role of the TWIK-related acid-sensitive K(+) channel-1 (TASK-1) in the occurrence of sleep apnea...
- [Kallmann syndrome. Fundamentals and two medical histories]J Hefner
Abteilung Innere Medizin VI, Psychosomatische Medizin und Psychotherapie, Universitatsklinikum Tubingen, Otfried Muller Strasse 10, 72076, Tubingen, Deutschland
Nervenarzt 80:1169-70, 1172-5. 2009Kallmann syndrome is defined as a combination of isolated hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH), hyposmia or anosmia and several optional neurological or anatomical particularities...
- Baseline inhibin B and anti-Mullerian hormone measurements for diagnosis of hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (HH) in boys with delayed pubertyRegis Coutant
Department of Pediatric Endocrinology, Center for Rare Diseases in Hormonal Receptivity, Angers University Hospital, 4 rue Larrey, 49033 Angers Cedex 01, France
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:5225-32. 2010The diagnosis of isolated hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH) in boys with delayed puberty is challenging, as may be the diagnosis of hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (HH) in boys with combined pituitary hormone deficiency (CPHD)...
- A concomitant decrease in cortical and trabecular bone mass in isolated hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and gonadal dysgenesisK H Park
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yonsei University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Yonsei Med J 40:444-9. 1999..women, comprising 22 cases of gonadal dysgenesis and 48 cases of isolated hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH)...
- Complex genetics in idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadismNelly Pitteloud
Reproductive Endocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Mass 02114, USA
Front Horm Res 39:142-53. 2010Idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH) is an important human disease model. Investigations of the genetics of IHH have facilitated insights into critical pathways regulating sexual maturation and fertility...
- Expression of indian hedgehog, bone morphogenetic protein 6 and gli during skeletal morphogenesisM Iwasaki
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California, San Francisco 94143 0514, USA
Mech Dev 69:197-202. 1997..1997. The world according to hedgehog. Trends Genet. 13, 14-21). Two potential targets of Ihh are bmp6 and gli (Johnson et al., 1995...
- Role of sequence variations of the GnRH receptor and G protein-coupled receptor 54 gene in male idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadismFabio Lanfranco
Institute of Reproductive Medicine of the University, D 48129 Munster, Germany
Eur J Endocrinol 153:845-52. 2005To determine the frequency of mutations of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor (GnRHR) and of the G protein-coupled receptor 54 (GPR54) genes in normosmic idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH).
- Expression of a truncated, kinase-defective TGF-beta type II receptor in mouse skeletal tissue promotes terminal chondrocyte differentiation and osteoarthritisR Serra
Department of Cell Biology and the Vanderbilt Cancer Center, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Cell Biol 139:541-52. 1997..Mice that express DNIIR in skeletal tissue also demonstrated increased Indian hedgehog (IHH) expression...
- Indian hedgehog signals independently of PTHrP to promote chondrocyte hypertrophyKinglun Kingston Mak
Genetic Disease Research Branch, National Human Genome Research Institute, 49 Convent Drive, MSC 4472, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Development 135:1947-56. 2008..Proper regulation of chondrocyte hypertrophy is also required in postnatal cartilage homeostasis. Indian hedgehog (Ihh) and PTHrP signaling play crucial roles in regulating the onset of chondrocyte hypertrophy by forming a negative ..
- Shh expression is required for embryonic hair follicle but not mammary gland developmentKinga Michno
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dev Biol 264:153-65. 2003..We demonstrate here that, unlike the hair follicle, both Shh and Ihh are expressed in the developing embryonic mouse mammary rudiment as early as E12.5...
- Expression profile of Xenopus banded hedgehog, a homolog of mouse Indian hedgehog, is related to the late development of endochondral ossification in Xenopus laevisTakeshi Moriishi
Division of Oral Pathology and Bone Metabolism, Department of Developmental and Reconstructive Medicine, Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, Nagasaki 852 8588, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 328:867-73. 2005..Since the Indian hedgehog (Ihh) is involved in endochondral ossification in mouse, we investigated the expression of Xenopus banded hedgehog (X-..
- PTHrP and skeletal developmentHenry M Kronenberg
Endocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1068:1-13. 2006..Indian hedgehog (Ihh) is synthesized by chondrocytes that have just stopped proliferating and is required for synthesis of PTHrP...
- Acute sex steroid withdrawal reduces insulin sensitivity in healthy men with idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadismMaria A Yialamas
Reproductive Endocrine Unit of the Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, Bartlett Hall Extension 511, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 92:4254-9. 2007..Evidence suggests that testosterone (T) influences insulin sensitivity in men. The mechanism of this effect is unclear but is thought to involve changes in body composition...
- Trps1 deficiency enlarges the proliferative zone of growth plate cartilage by upregulation of PthrpKatsuhiro Nishioka
First Department of Pathology, Wakayama Medical University School of Medicine, 811 1 Kimiidera, Wakayama 641 0012, Japan
Bone 43:64-71. 2008..Since expression of Trps1 protein was found to overlap with that of mRNAs for Indian hedgehog (Ihh), PTH/PTHrP receptor (PPR), and PTHrP, we hypothesized that Trps1 may inhibit the hypertrophic differentiation of ..
- Mutations in CHD7, encoding a chromatin-remodeling protein, cause idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and Kallmann syndromeHyung Goo Kim
Molecular Neurogenetics Unit, Center for Human Genetic Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, and Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Am J Hum Genet 83:511-9. 2008..KS is a genetically heterogeneous disorder consisting of idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH) and anosmia, and is most commonly due to KAL1 or FGFR1 mutations...
- Distribution of genes for parathyroid hormone (PTH)-related peptide, Indian hedgehog, PTH receptor and patched in the process of experimental spondylosis in miceTakanobu Nakase
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Osaka University Medical School, Suita, Japan
J Neurosurg 97:82-7. 2002..determined the extent of genetic localization of major regulators of chondrogenesis such as Indian hedgehog (Ihh) and parathyroid hormone (PTH)-related peptide (PTHrP) and their receptors during the development of spondylosis in ..
- Voice changes after androgen therapy for hypogonadotrophic hypogonadismTimur Akcam
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, Ankara, Turkey
Laryngoscope 114:1587-91. 2004Males with isolated hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH) fail to undergo normal sexual development, including the lack of masculinization of the larynx...
- The genetics of hypogonadotropic hypogonadismBalasubramanian Bhagavath
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Semin Reprod Med 25:272-86. 2007An up-to-date review of the genetic aspects of idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH)/Kallmann syndrome (KS) is presented...
- Indian hedgehog signaling pathway differences between swarm rat chondrosarcoma and native rat chondrocytesGeorge S Oji
Department of Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation, University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Iowa Orthop J 27:9-16. 2007Indian Hedgehog (Ihh)--Parathyroid related protein (PTHrP) and Fibroblast Growth Factor 3 (FGFR3) signaling pathways are important in regulating endochondral bone formation...
- Effects of different modes of intermittent hypobaric hypoxia on ischemia/reperfusion injury in developing rat heartsHao Zhang
Department of Physiology, Hebei Medical University, Shijiazhuang 050017, China Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China E mail
Sheng Li Xue Bao 59:660-6. 2007The aim of the present study was to explore the effects of two different modes of intermittent hypobaric hypoxia (IHH) on myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury in developing rat hearts...
- Synovial joint formation during mouse limb skeletogenesis: roles of Indian hedgehog signalingEiki Koyama
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Thomas Jefferson University, College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1116:100-12. 2007Indian hedgehog (Ihh) has been previously found to regulate synovial joint formation...
- Kallmann syndrome caused by mutations in the PROK2 and PROKR2 genes: pathophysiology and genotype-phenotype correlationsJulie Sarfati
Université Paris Sud 11 et INSERM U693, Faculte de Medecine Paris Sud, Paris, France
Front Horm Res 39:121-32. 2010..olfaction and complete pubertal development, (2) congenital isolated (idiopathic) hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH) but normal olfaction, (3) anosmia/hyposmia but normal pubertal development and gonadal function or (4) the two ..
- Evidence that preaxial polydactyly in the Doublefoot mutant is due to ectopic Indian Hedgehog signalingY Yang
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, The Biolabs, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Development 125:3123-32. 1998..In contrast, a second Hh family member, Indian hedgehog (Ihh) which maps close to Dbf, is ectopically expressed in the distal limb bud...
- TGFbeta2 mediates the effects of hedgehog on hypertrophic differentiation and PTHrP expressionJesus Alvarez
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0576, USA
Development 129:1913-24. 2002..A signaling cascade involving Indian hedgehog (Ihh) and parathyroid hormone related peptide (PTHrP) has been described in which hypertrophic differentiation is ..
- Novel fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 mutations in patients with congenital hypogonadotropic hypogonadism with and without anosmiaEricka Barbosa Trarbach
Hospital das Clinicas, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Disciplina de Endocrinologia e Metabologia, Av Dr Eneas de Carvalho Aguiar, 155 2o andar Bloco 6, 05403 900 Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:4006-12. 2006..To date, loss-of-function mutations in the genes encoding anosmin-1 (KAL1) and fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 (FGFR1) have been described in the X-linked and autosomal dominant forms of this syndrome, respectively...
- Clinical assessment and molecular analysis of GnRHR and KAL1 genes in males with idiopathic hypogonadotrophic hypogonadismBeatriz R Versiani
Division of Endocrinology, LIM 42 School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 66:173-9. 2007The pathogenesis of idiopathic hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism (IHH) is mostly unclear. We characterized the clinical findings and molecular analysis of GnRHR and KAL1 genes in 26 Brazilian males with IHH with and without hyposmia/anosmia...
- Changes in serotoninergic receptors 1A and 2A in the piglet brainstem after intermittent hypercapnic hypoxia (IHH) and nicotineMeichien Say
Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Brain Res 1152:17-26. 2007We studied the effects of intermittent hypercapnic hypoxia (IHH) and/or nicotine on the immunoreactivity of serotoninergic (5-HT) receptors 1A and 2A in the piglet brainstem...
- Aberrant heparan sulfate proteoglycan localization, despite normal exostosin, in central chondrosarcomaYvonne M Schrage
Department of Pathology, Leiden University Medical Center, Albinusdreef 2, 2333 ZA Leiden, The Netherlands
Am J Pathol 174:979-88. 2009..in heparan sulfate proteoglycan (HSPG) biosynthesis, which is important for signal transduction of Indian hedgehog (IHH), WNT, and transforming growth factor (TGF)-beta...
- Blood rheology adjustments in rats after a program of intermittent exposure to hypobaric hypoxiaSantiago Esteva
Departament de Fisiologia, Facultat de Biologia, Universitat de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
High Alt Med Biol 10:275-81. 2009Intermittent hypobaric hypoxia (IHH) exposure induces a rise in hemoglobin concentration and an increase in erythrocyte mass in both rats and humans...
- Impaired fibroblast growth factor receptor 1 signaling as a cause of normosmic idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadismTaneli Raivio
Reproductive Endocrine Unit, Department of Medicine, The Harvard Center for Reproductive Endocrine Sciences, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 94:4380-90. 2009FGFR1 mutations have been identified in about 10% of patients with Kallmann syndrome. Recently cases of idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH) with a normal sense of smell (nIHH) have been reported.
- Mutations of the KISS1 gene in disorders of pubertyL G Silveira
Unidade de Endocrinologia do Desenvolvimento, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP 05403 900, Brasil
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 95:2276-80. 2010..Inactivating mutations of its receptor (KISS1R) cause isolated hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH). A unique KISS1R-activating mutation was described in central precocious puberty (CPP).
- Oxidative stress in rat testis and epididymis under intermittent hypobaric hypoxia: protective role of ascorbate supplementationJorge Gonzalo Farias
Instituto de Biotecnología de Tarapacá, Universidad Arturo Prat, Av Arturo Prat 2120, Iquique, Chile
J Androl 31:314-21. 2010..The present study was conducted to evaluate the effects of intermittent HH (IHH; equivalent to 4600 m above mean sea level) on oxidative stress and the protective role of dietary ascorbic acid on ..
- [Diabetic nephropathy and isolated hyporeninemic hypoaldosteronism]J Hrnciar
Interná klinika a nemocnice F D Roosevelta, Banska Bystrica
Vnitr Lek 42:394-9. 1996..In 18.3% no response was observed (decompensated form of IHH). Diabetic hypertonics behaved like control hypertonics on long-term beta-blocker treatment...
- Hedgehog signaling regulation of insulin production by pancreatic beta-cellsM K Thomas
Laboratory of Molecular Endocrinology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston 02114, USA
Diabetes 49:2039-47. 2000..Mammalian Hhs include Sonic hedgehog (Shh), Indian hedgehog (Ihh), and Desert hedgehog (Dhh)...
- Gene expression profile of bovine bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell during spontaneous chondrogenic differentiation in pellet culture systemDarko Bosnakovski
Laboratory of Veterinary Surgery, Department of Clinical Science, Graduate School of Veterinary Medicine, Hokkaido University, Sapporo 060 0818, Japan
Jpn J Vet Res 53:127-39. 2006..protein 6 (BMP 6), insulin-like growth factors 1, parathyroid hormone related peptide and indian hedgehog (Ihh) were detected...
- Identification of clock as a mechanosensitive gene by large-scale DNA microarray analysis: downregulation in osteoarthritic cartilageKatsuaki Kanbe
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Tokyo Women s Medical University, Medical Center East, 2 1 10 Nishiogu, Arakawa ku, Tokyo, 116 8567, Japan
Mod Rheumatol 16:131-6. 2006..three mechanoresponsive genes: cartilage matrix protein (CMP, matrilin-1), type X collagen, and Indian hedgehog (Ihh). In fact, all of the genes identified in these chondrocytes are associated solely with mechanical stress...
- Experience with hemihyperplasia and Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome surveillance protocolYuri A Zarate
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, Ohio 45229, USA
Am J Med Genet A 149:1691-7. 2009Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome (BWS) and isolated hemihyperplasia (IHH) are two well known overgrowth conditions that are associated with cancer predisposition...
- Constitutive activation of smoothened leads to female infertility and altered uterine differentiation in the mouseHeather L Franco
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Department of Molecular and Human Genetics, The Dan L Duncan Cancer Center, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Biol Reprod 82:991-9. 2010Previous work has identified Indian hedgehog (Ihh) as a major mediator of progesterone signaling during embryo implantation. Ihh acts through its downstream effector smoothened (Smo) to activate the GLI family of transcription factors...
- Genetics basis for GnRH-dependent pubertal disorders in humansLeticia Ferreira Gontijo Silveira
Unidade de Endocrinologia do Desenvolvimento, Laboratório de Hormônios e Genética Molecular LIM42 da Disciplina de Endocrinologia do Hospital das Clinicas da Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Mol Cell Endocrinol 324:30-8. 2010..Mutations in GNRH1, KISS1R and GNRHR genes cause normosmic IHH, interfering with the normal synthesis, secretion or action of GnRH...
- Effects of gonadotropin and testosterone treatments on plasma leptin levels in male patients with idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and Klinefelter's syndromeM Ozata
Department of Endocrinology, Gulhane School of Medicine Etik, Ankara, Turkey
Horm Metab Res 30:266-71. 1998..leptin levels before and 3 months after treatment in 21 patients with idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH), 16 patients with Klinefelter's syndrome and 20 male controls...
- Testosterone modulates serum leptin concentrations in a male patient with hypothalamic hypogonadismT Ogura
Health and Medical Center, Okayama University, Japan
J Endocrinol Invest 23:246-50. 2000..4 kg/m2) with idiopathic hypothalamic hypogonadism (IHH). We also measured the BMI and serum concentrations of L in 99 age-matched healthy subjects...
- Up-regulation of PTHrP and Bcl-2 expression characterizes the progression of osteochondroma towards peripheral chondrosarcoma and is a late event in central chondrosarcomaJ V Bovée
Department of Pathology, Leiden University Medical Center, The Netherlands
Lab Invest 80:1925-34. 2000..diffusion leads to the hypothesis that EXT inactivation affects fibroblast growth factor (FGF) and Indian Hedgehog (IHh)/parathyroid hormone-related peptide (PTHrP) signaling, two important pathways in chondrocyte proliferation and ..
- The fertile eunuch variant of idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism: spontaneous reversal associated with a homozygous mutation in the gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptorN Pitteloud
Reproductive Endocrine Unit of the Department of Medicine and National Center for Infertility Research, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:2470-5. 2001Mutations in the GnRH receptor (GnRH-R) gene have been reported to cause idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH)...
- Immunohistochemical detection of parathyroid hormone-related peptide, Indian hedgehog, and patched in the process of endochondral ossification in the humanT Nakase
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery E3, Osaka University Medical School, 2 2, Yamadaoka, Suita 565 0871, Japan
Histochem Cell Biol 116:277-84. 2001Parathyroid hormone-related peptide (PTHrP), Indian hedgehog (Ihh), and patched (Ptc; a receptor for Ihh) were immunolocalized in tissue undergoing endochondral ossification in the human...
- Ihh enhances differentiation of CFK-2 chondrocytic cells and antagonizes PTHrP-mediated activation of PKARon A Deckelbaum
Department of Medicine and Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada H3T 1E2
J Cell Sci 115:3015-25. 2002Indian Hedgehog (Ihh), a member of the hedgehog (HH) family of secreted morphogens, and parathyroid hormone-related peptide (PTHrP) are key regulators of cartilage cell (chondrocyte) differentiation...
- Effect of x-irradiation on growth and the expression of parathyroid hormone-related peptide and Indian hedgehog in the tibial growth plate of the ratB Bakker
Department of Paediatrics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Horm Res 59:35-41. 2003To study the effect of irradiation on the longitudinal growth and the expression of parathyroid hormone-related peptide (PTHrP) and Indian hedgehog (IHh) in tibial growth plates of rats.
- Effect of stimulus cycle time on acute respiratory responses to intermittent hypercapnic hypoxia in unsedated pigletsKaren A Waters
Department of Medicine, The University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales 2006, Australia
J Appl Physiol (1985) 94:2465-74. 2003..Despite this, piglets in these intermediate intermittent HH (IHH) groups (8- and 4-min cycles) showed more severe acidosis and attenuated temperature changes (P < 0...
- Gonadotropin treatment increases homocysteine levels in idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism: an indirect effect mediated by changes in body compositionC Oktenli
Department of Internal Medicine, Gulhane Military Medical Academy, TR 06018 Etlik Ankara, Turkey
J Endocrinol 179:35-9. 2003..state and after gonadotropin treatment for 6 Months in patients with idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH). Thirty-five newly diagnosed male patients with IHH (mean age 21.34+/-1...
- Ontogeny of GnRH and olfactory neuronal systems in man: novel insights from the investigation of inherited forms of Kallmann's syndromeDavid González-Martínez
Department of Medicine, Neuroendocrinology Unit, Upper Third Floor, Royal Free and University College Medical School, University College of London, NW3 2PF, London, UK
Front Neuroendocrinol 25:108-30. 2004..neuronal ontogeny can be caused by several monogenic disorders leading to isolated hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism (IHH); these include mutations within KAL-1, GnRH-R, and FGFR1...
- Epithelial hedgehog signals pattern the intestinal crypt-villus axisBlair B Madison
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0616, USA
Development 132:279-89. 2005..Sonic (Shh) and Indian (Ihh) hedgehog are expressed in the epithelium throughout these morphogenic events, and mice lacking either factor ..
- Identification and characterization of DISP3 gene in silicoYuriko Katoh
M and M Medical BioInformatics, Hongo 113 0033, Japan
Int J Oncol 26:551-6. 2005Lipid-modified soluble proteins Hedgehog (SHH, DHH and IHH) and WNT (WNT1, WNT2, WNT2B, WNT3, etc...
- Localization of Indian hedgehog and PTH/PTHrP receptor expression in relation to chondrocyte proliferation during mouse bone developmentHelen E MacLean
Endocrine Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Dev Growth Differ 47:59-63. 2005..Using this system, we examined the expression of Indian hedgehog (Ihh) and PTH/PTHrP receptor (PPR) mRNA in relation to chondrocyte proliferation during embryonic mouse bone development...
- The prevalence of gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor mutations in a large cohort of patients with hypogonadotropic hypogonadismBalasubramanian Bhagavath
Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, Infertility, and Genetics, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia, USA
Fertil Steril 84:951-7. 2005To determine the prevalence of GNRH receptor (GNRHR) gene mutations in a large cohort of patients with idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH).
- Functional compensation in Hedgehog signaling during mouse prostate developmentJason Doles
Department of Surgery, University of Wisconsin Madison, Box 3236 Clinical Science Center G5, 600 Highland Avenue, Madison, WI 53792, USA
Dev Biol 295:13-25. 2006..These studies showed that genetic loss of Shh is accompanied by an up-regulation of Indian Hedgehog (Ihh) and maintenance of Hh pathway activity...
- Intraflagellar transport is essential for endochondral bone formationCourtney J Haycraft
Department of Cell Biology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294 0005, USA
Development 134:307-16. 2007..associated with aberrant Shh pathway activity, whereas defects in limb outgrowth were due in part to disruption of Ihh signaling during endochondral bone formation...
- The hedgehog signaling pathway in the mouse ovaryMatthew C Russell
Department of Animal Science, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, USA
Biol Reprod 77:226-36. 2007..RT-PCR analyses show developmentally regulated expression of sonic (Shh), indian (Ihh) and desert (Dhh) HH in the ovary. Expression is detected in whole ovary, granulosa cells, and corpora lutea...
- Shox2 is required for chondrocyte proliferation and maturation in proximal limb skeletonLing Yu
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70117, USA
Dev Biol 306:549-59. 2007..of Runx2 and Runx3 could account for the lack of chondrocyte hypertrophy, while a down-regulation of Ihh expression may be responsible for a significant reduction in chondrocyte proliferation in the mutant stylopod...
- Networking of WNT, FGF, Notch, BMP, and Hedgehog signaling pathways during carcinogenesisMasaru Katoh
Genetics and Cell Biology Section, National Cancer Center Research Institute, 5 1 1 Tsukiji, Chuo Ku, Tokyo 104 0045, Japan
Stem Cell Rev 3:30-8. 2007..BMP signals induce IHH upregulation in co-operation with RUNX...
- Hedgehog signaling in development and homeostasis of the gastrointestinal tractGijs R van den Brink
Center for Experimental and Molecular Medicine, Academic Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Physiol Rev 87:1343-75. 2007..Three mammalian hedgehog genes, sonic hedgehog (Shh), indian hedgehog (Ihh), and desert hedgehog (Dhh) have been identified...
- Hepatitis C virus genotype 1a growth and induction of autophagyMalika Ait-Goughoulte
Division of Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Center for Vaccine Development, Edward A Doisy Research Center, 1100 S Grand Blvd, 8th Floor, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
J Virol 82:2241-9. 2008We have previously reported that immortalized human hepatocytes (IHH) support the generation of infectious hepatitis C virus (HCV) genotype 1a (clone H77)...
- Adult-onset idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and pregnancy in a 35-year-old woman: a case reportRobert P Kauffman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center at Amarillo School of Medicine, Amarillo, USA
J Reprod Med 53:132-4. 2008Idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH) is a rare condition characterized by low gonadotropin production, absent or incomplete puberty and absence of a central nervous system tumor...
- Transcription factors GATA-4 and GATA-6 in normal and neoplastic human gastrointestinal mucosaHanna Haveri
Children s Hospital, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
BMC Gastroenterol 8:9. 2008..in detail the expression patterns of these two GATA factors and a GATA-6 down-stream target, Indian hedgehog (Ihh), in normal human gastrointestinal mucosa...
- Co-conjugating chondroitin-6-sulfate/dermatan sulfate to chitosan scaffold alters chondrocyte gene expression and signaling profilesYen Lin Chen
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan
Biotechnol Bioeng 101:821-30. 2008..pathways (as unveiled by cDNA microarray) and upregulated the expression of TGF-beta1, Sox9, BMP2, PTHrP and Ihh (as confirmed by qRT-PCR)...
- Expression of hedgehog family genes in the rat uterus during early pregnancyKaiyu Kubota
Department of Animal and Marine Bioresource Sciences, Graduate School of Agriculture, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
J Reprod Dev 54:340-5. 2008..In mammals, Hh exists in three homologs: Desert hedgehog (Dhh), Indian hedgehog (Ihh) and Sonic hedgehog (Shh). In this study, we cloned full-length cDNAs encoding Dhh and Ihh from the rat uterus...
- Indian hedgehog (Ihh) both promotes and restricts thymocyte differentiationSusan V Outram
Immunobiology Unit, University College London Institute of Child Health, London, United Kingdom
Blood 113:2217-28. 2009We show that Indian Hedgehog (Ihh) regulates T-cell development and homeostasis in both fetal and adult thymus, controlling thymocyte number...
- Prediction of testosterone response to human chorionic gonadotrophin in idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism patientsMahmut Yazici
Department of Endocrinology, Gulhane School of Medicine, Etlik, Ankara, Turkey
J Natl Med Assoc 101:71-6. 2009..inhibin B levels are able to predict testosterone response to hCG in idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH) patients and to evaluate the correlation between inhibin B and gonadotropins in these patients and controls...
- Morphology and physiology of the epiphyseal growth plateFranciszek Burdan
Experimental Teratology Unit of the Human Anatomy Department, Medical University of Lublin, Lublin, Poland
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 47:5-16. 2009..When proliferation is completed, chondrocytes release Indian hedgehog (Ihh), which stimulates PTHrP synthesis via a feedback loop...
- Loss of Indian Hedgehog activates multiple aspects of a wound healing response in the mouse intestineWillemijn A van Dop
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
Gastroenterology 139:1665-76, 1676.e1-10. 2010Indian Hedgehog (Ihh) is expressed by the differentiated epithelial cells of the small intestine and signals to the mesenchyme where it induces unidentified factors that negatively regulate intestinal epithelial precursor cell fate...
- Endoglin is a novel endothelial cell specification geneSaswati Banerjee
Cardiovascular Research Institute, Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30310, USA
Stem Cell Res 8:85-96. 2012..The Eng-induced EC differentiation was independent of known mediators of EC specification such as Indian Hedgehog (IHH) and BMP4 or of BMP4/Smad1/5/8 signaling. These studies suggest that Eng is a novel EC specification gene.
- [Clinical and molecular aspects of congenital isolated hypogonadotropic hypogonadism]Cintia Tusset
Unidade de Endocrinologia do Desenvolvimento, Laboratorio de Hormonios e Genetica Molecular, Divisão de Endocrinologia e Metabologia, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Basil
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 55:501-11. 2011Congenital isolated hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH) is characterized by partial or complete lack of pubertal development due to defects in migration, synthesis, secretion or action of gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH)...
- A large duplication involving the IHH locus mimics acrocallosal syndromeMemnune Yuksel-Apak
Department of Medical Genetics, Istanbul Medical Faculty, Istanbul University, Istanbul, Turkey
Eur J Hum Genet 20:639-44. 2012Indian hedgehog (Ihh) signaling is a major determinant of various processes during embryonic development and has a pivotal role in embryonic skeletal development...
- Estrogen receptor α and hedgehog signal pathway developmental biology of gastric adenocarcinomaChaoyang Xu
Department of Breast and Thyroid Surgery, Shaoxing People s Hospital, Shaoxing, China
Hepatogastroenterology 59:1319-22. 2012..Hedgehog family which includes Sonic (Shh), Indian (Ihh) and Desert (Dhh) hedgehogs, is involved in the vast majority of cellular processes and is fundamentally important ..
- Muenke syndrome mutation, FgfR3P²⁴⁴R, causes TMJ defectsT Yasuda
Division of Orthopaedic Surgery, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Abramson Research Center, 3516 Civic Center Blvd, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
J Dent Res 91:683-9. 2012..was expressed in condylar chondroprogenitors and maturing chondrocytes that also expressed the Indian hedgehog (Ihh) receptor and transcriptional target Patched 1(Ptch1)...
- Ihh and Runx2/Runx3 signaling interact to coordinate early chondrogenesis: a mouse modelEun Jung Kim
Division in Anatomy and Developmental Biology, Department of Oral Biology, Research Center for Orofacial Hard Tissue Regeneration, Brain Korea 21 Project, Oral Science Research Center, College of Dentistry, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea
PLoS ONE 8:e55296. 2013..Indian hedgehog (Ihh), one of the hedgehog signaling molecules, is known to control both the hypertrophy of chondrocytes and bone ..
- Targeted disruption of Shp2 in chondrocytes leads to metachondromatosis with multiple cartilaginous protrusionsHarry K W Kim
Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, Dallas, TX, USA Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
J Bone Miner Res 29:761-9. 2014..At molecular levels, we observed an abundant expression of Indian hedgehog protein (IHH) and fibroblast growth factor 2 (FGF2) and impaired expression of mitogen-activated protein kinases (..
- A GDF5 point mutation strikes twice--causing BDA1 and SYNS2Elisa Degenkolbe
Berlin Brandenburg Center for Regenerative Therapies BCRT, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany Berlin Brandenburg School for Regenerative Therapies BSRT, Charite Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany
PLoS Genet 9:e1003846. 2013..report on a family with an autosomal dominant inherited combination of SYNS2 and additional brachydactyly type A1 (BDA1) caused by a single point mutation in GDF5 (p.W414R)...
- [Identification of osteogenic signal and the development of artificial bones]Shinsuke Ohba
Department of Bioengineering, The University of Tokyo Graduate School of Engineering, Japan
Clin Calcium 23:1723-9. 2013..During the endochondral ossification, indian hedgehog (Ihh) /parathyroid hormone-related protein (PTHrP) negative-feedback loop regulates the distance between epiphysis and ..
- Modulation of cardiac mitochondrial permeability transition and apoptotic signaling by endurance training and intermittent hypobaric hypoxiaJ Magalhaes
Research Centre in Physical Activity, Health and Leisure, Faculty of Sport, University of Porto, Portugal Electronic address
Int J Cardiol 173:40-5. 2014..are critically associated with the cardioprotective phenotypes afforded by both intermittent hypobaric-hypoxia (IHH) and endurance-training (ET)...
- Critical hepatic hemangioma in infants: recent nationwide survey in JapanTatsuo Kuroda
Infantile Hepatic Hemangioma Study Group, Department of Pediatric Surgery, Keio University, School of Medicine, National Center for Child Health and Development, Tokyo, Japan
Pediatr Int 56:304-8. 2014..little has been established regarding vascular lesions in deep organs, such as infantile hepatic hemangioma (IHH). The current nationwide survey identified 19 critical infantile hemangiomas during the most recent 5 years...
- Tissue-specific Gene Expression in Rat Hearts and Aortas in a Model of Vascular Nitrate ToleranceTamas Csont
Department of Biochemistry, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary Pharmahungary Group, Szeged, Hungary Institute of Genetics, Biological Research Center, Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Szeged, Hungary and Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapy, Semmelweis University, Budapest, Hungary
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 65:485-93. 2015..the heart (increased: Tas2r119, Map6, Cd59, Kcnh2, Kcnh3, Senp6, Mcpt1, Tshb, Haus1, Vipr1, Lrn3, Lifr; decreased: Ihh, Fgfr1, Cryge, Krt9, Agrn, C4bpb, Fcer1a, Csf3, Hsd17b11, Hsd11b2, Ctnnbl1, Prpg1, Hsf1), only 14 genes were ..
- Anti-TNFα treatment decreases the previously increased serum Indian Hedgehog levels in patients with ankylosing spondylitis and affects the expression of functional Hedgehog pathway target genesDimitrios Daoussis
Department of Rheumatology, University of Patras Medical School, Patras University Hospital, Rion 26504, Patras, Greece Electronic address
Semin Arthritis Rheum 44:646-51. 2015Indian Hedgehog (Ihh) is the ligand that activates the Hedgehog pathway (HH) in the skeleton-the main controller of endochondral ossification...
- The Hedgehog signalling pathway mediates drug response of MCF-7 mammosphere cells in breast cancer patientsMiao He
Department of Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, China Medical University, Shenyang, Liaoning Province, China
Clin Sci (Lond) 129:809-22. 2015....
- Differential effects of tyrosine-rich amelogenin peptide on chondrogenic and osteogenic differentiation of adult chondrocytesH D Amin
Department of Bioengineering, Imperial College London, London, UK
Cell Tissue Res 364:219-24. 2016..for Ca(+2)-rich bone nodules; (3) OC immunostaining; and (4) expression of the osteogenic/hypertrophic genes Ihh and BSP...
- Flavin-Containing Monooxygenase 3 Reduces Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress in Lipid-Treated HepatocytesBing M Liao
Diabetes and Metabolism Division B M L, S A M, W E H, C S P, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, New South Wales 2010, Australia and St Vincent s Hospital Clinical School W E H, C S P, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales 2052, Australia
Mol Endocrinol 30:417-28. 2016..HepG2 and IHH hepatocytes were transfected with FMO3 cDNA for overexpression, or small interfering RNA for knockdown...
- Pharmacological rescue of diabetic skeletal stem cell nichesRuth Tevlin
Hagey Laboratory for Pediatric Regenerative Medicine and Department of Surgery, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA 94305, USA
Sci Transl Med 9:. 2017..that high serum concentrations of tumor necrosis factor-α directly repressed the expression of Indian hedgehog (Ihh) in mSSCs and in their downstream skeletogenic progenitors in Db mice...
- The nature of the gonadotropin-releasing hormone stimulus-luteinizing hormone secretory response of human gonadotrophs in vivoJ D Veldhuis
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville 22908
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 68:661-70. 1989..analyze (1) exogenous GnRH-stimulated LH secretory responses in 10 men with isolated hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH), and (2) endogenous and exogenous GnRH-stimulated LH secretory responses in 8 normal men...
- Does adult fracture repair recapitulate embryonic skeletal formation?C Ferguson
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of California at San Francisco, 533 Parnassus Ave, San Francisco, USA
Mech Dev 87:57-66. 1999..They included genes in the indian hedgehog (ihh) and core binding factor 1 (cbfa1) pathways, and genes associated with extracellular matrix remodeling and vascular ..
- The importance of autosomal genes in Kallmann syndrome: genotype-phenotype correlations and neuroendocrine characteristicsL M Oliveira
Reproductive Endocrine Sciences Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 86:1532-8. 2001Kallmann syndrome (KS) consists of congenital, isolated, idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH) and anosmia...
- Lawrence C Layman; Fiscal Year: 2014..Idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH) represents a naturally occurring human model of impaired GnRH action which provides insight into hypothalamic-..
- Transcriptional Regulation of Indian Hedgehog Expression in ChondrocytesXiangli Yang; Fiscal Year: 2012..is directed at improving understanding of the transcriptional control of the Hedgehog pathway, and specifically of Ihh, during chondrogenesis and how it may be linked to osteogenesis...
- JUAN MANUEL TABOAS; Fiscal Year: 2016..The growth factors parathyroid hormone related peptide (PTHrP) and indian hedgehog (IHH) are major effectors of GP development via a negative feedback gradient loop...
- ANDREW BRUCE LASSAR; Fiscal Year: 2014..e., Ihh and Collagen X) only if these cells are first induced to become chondrocytes by a variety of treatments, suggesting ..
- GENETICS OF DELAYED PUBERTYLAWRENCE LAYMAN; Fiscal Year: 2001DESCRIPTION (Adapted from the Investigator's Abstract): Idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH) is due to a deficiency of GnRH. The major goal of this proposal is to isolate the gene(s) important in the genesis of IHH...
- ANA PAULA DE ABREU E SILVA METZGER; Fiscal Year: 2014..My first aim is to define the role of the PROKR2 heterozygous mutations in isolated hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH), testing the hypothesis that heterozygous mutations in PROKR2 in patients with GnRH deficiency are not sufficient ..
- ANDREW BRUCE LASSAR; Fiscal Year: 2016..PTHrP expression is itself dependent upon Ihh expression in prehypertrophic chondrocytes in the growth plate...
- Maurizio Pacifici; Fiscal Year: 2015..In ongoing studies, we found that HS deficiency in growth plate leads to re-distribution of Indian hedgehog (Ihh), its infiltration over the entire perichondrium and formation of exostosis-like cartilaginous masses within ..
- Migration of early olfactory neuronal progenitorsGERALD SCHWARTING; Fiscal Year: 2009..These mice may represent an ideal model for Kallmann Syndrome (KS) or Idiopathic Hypogonadotropic Hypogonadism (IHH)...
- Karen M Lyons; Fiscal Year: 2016..1, we investigate how Smad1/5-dependent, Smad4-independent mechanisms transcriptionally regulate the expression of Ihh, a key direct target of BMP pathways in chondrocytes...
- The role of FGF signaling in neuroendocrine control of reproductionNelly Pitteloud; Fiscal Year: 2012..critical for GnRH ontology 2) Perform genotype-phenotype correlations for mutations in the FGF pathways causing IHH, and 3) Study mutant FGF protein using crystallography and molecular and cell biology techniques...
- Role of Trps1 in endochondral bone formationDobrawa Napierala; Fiscal Year: 2011..These abnormalities are accompanied by increased Indian hedgehog (Ihh) expression and elevated Ihh and BMP signaling...
- GFP Reporters for the chondrocyte lineageDavid Rowe; Fiscal Year: 2009..condensation), Sox9 and Col1a1;proliferating chondrocytes, Sox9 and Col2a1;prehypertrophic chondrocytes, IHH;hypertrophic chondrocytes, Col10a1...
- BC12 AND PTHRP REGULATED CHONDROCYTE MATURATIONRoland Baron; Fiscal Year: 2001..Bcl-2 is transcriptional or not; and (3) determine whether other molecules known to affect chondrocyte maturation (Ihh, the FGFs, and the BMPs) affect Bcl-2 expression and whether they intervene between PTHrP and Bcl-2 on the same ..
- TESTOSTERONE EFFECTS ON GONADOTROPINS AND LIPIDS IN MENCARRIE BAGATELL; Fiscal Year: 1992..We will study men with idiopathic hypothalamic hypogonadism (IHH) who receive pulsatile GnRH infusions...
- Clifford J Tabin; Fiscal Year: 2015..PTHrP works in a feedback loop with a second secreted protein;Indian hedgehog (Ihh)...
- Cyclooxygenases in Skeletal RepairXinping Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2013..In addition, we will also define the signaling mechanisms downstream of COX-2 by which Indian Hedgehog (Ihh) is induced by COX-2/PGE2 via activation of ATF4 phosphorylation...
- Shuying Yang; Fiscal Year: 2014..the expression of osteoblast marker genes- Runx2 and osteocalcin, and hedgehog signaling (Hh) related genes -shh, Ihh and Gli2...
- Neuronal Specification and Developmental Regulation of GnRH Gene Expression.Anita Iyer; Fiscal Year: 2009..for proper reproductive function as dysregulation of GnRH leads to idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (IHH), Kallmann's Syndrome, and infertility...
- Matthew J Hilton; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Signaling pathway components such as Ihh/Pthrp, TGF[unreadable], BMPs, Wnt/[unreadable]-catenin, FGFs, and Sox-related proteins represent important regulators of cartilage formation and development...
- The role of pRb-dependent Ihh in osteogenesis and osteosarcomaCRYSTAL BRYAN; Fiscal Year: 2013..The lab also found more recently that Indian hedgehog (Ihh) is downregulated in Rb1-/- calvarial cells during differentiation, implicating this factor as a potential mediator ..
- T Rajendra Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2016..Our central hypothesis is that both estrogen receptor-1 (ESR1) and Indian hedgehog (IHH) contribute to growth of pituitary gonadotrope adenomas and inhibiting their expression leads to clinical benefit...
- Nancy B Schwartz; Fiscal Year: 2014..broad goal of this proposal is to understand the influence of matrix chondroitin sulfate proteoglycans (CSPGs) on IHH and FGF signaling in the developing limb growth plate...
- ENDOCHONDRAL BONE FORMATION IN RENAL FAILUREISIDRO SALUSKY; Fiscal Year: 1999..the critical roles of parathyroid hormone related protein (PTHrP), PTH/PTHrP receptor, and the Indian hedgehog (Ihh) in the regulation of endochondral bone formation; PTH/PTHrP receptor mRNA expression is downregulated in bone and ..
- A high-throughput screen for small-molecule antagonists of Gli functionJames K Chen; Fiscal Year: 2012..that regulate Hh target gene expression, which in mammals include the Sonic, Indian, and Desert Hh ligands (Shh, Ihh, and Dhh), the Hh receptor Patched1 (Ptch1), the transmembrane protein Smoothened (Smo), the Gli family of ..
- John P Lydon; Fiscal Year: 2016..During the last funding period, we have demonstrated that conditional ablation of Ihh in the murine uterus results in loss of stroma cell proliferation, vascularization, and differentiation...
- Role of Indian hedgehog in Endochondral Bone FormationBeate Lanske; Fiscal Year: 2009Indian hedgehog (Ihh) has multiple functions during skeletogenesis...
- NATALIA ANDREA RIOBO-DEL GALDO; Fiscal Year: 2014DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The Hedgehog (Hh) ligands (Shh, Ihh, and Dhh) signal through two membrane receptors (Ptc1 and Ptc2), the regulatory membrane protein Smoothened (SMO), and the Gli transcription factors...
- FUNCTIONS OF PTH/PTHRP RECEPTOR--PTHRP AND PTH IN VIVOHenry Kronenberg; Fiscal Year: 1999..This signaling system interacts with other signaling systems-including those triggered by Indian hedgehog (Ihh), bone morphogenic proteins (BMPs), and cytokines that activate gpl30-to assure normal growth and calcium ..
- Indian Hedgehog Signaling in Osteoblast DifferentiationFanxin Long; Fiscal Year: 2013..Work from our laboratory and others has firmly established Indian hedgehog (Ihh), a member of the Hedgehog (Hh) family, as an essential regulator for osteoblast differentiation, chondrocyte ..
- Hedgehog Signaling in Intestinal Tolerance and InflammationMichelle M Muza-Moons; Fiscal Year: 2013..Hedgehog paralogs Sonic (Shh) and Indian (Ihh) are expressed at low levels in intestinal epithelium into adulthood, although their role in intestinal homeostasis ..
- Benjamin D Humphreys; Fiscal Year: 2014..Two Hh ligands are expressed in kidney, Indian hedgehog (Ihh) and Sonic hedgehog (Shh), and these are expressed by tubular epithelial cells...
- Human Endothelial Cell DifferentiationKaren K Hirschi; Fiscal Year: 2013..Using a hES cell culture system, we found that Indian Hedgehog (Ihh) promoted endothelial cell differentiation, as evidenced by gene/protein expression, morphology and DiI-AcLDL ..
- Developing an in vitro system for HCV propagationRatna Ray; Fiscal Year: 2009..We have developed growth of HCV genotype 1a (H77 strain) in immortalized human hepatocytes (IHH)...
- The Melanocortin-3 Receptor and Linear GrowthJames Yeh; Fiscal Year: 2004..2) To determine the effect of elevated endogenous ACTH and/or exogenous gamma2-MSH on Indian hedgehog (Ihh) and parathyroid related protein (PTHrP) regulation of linear growth in the context of low glucocorticoid...
- The Role of the Hedgehog Signaling Pathway in Ovarian Follicle DevelopmentSUSAN QUIRK; Fiscal Year: 2009..There are three mammalian hh proteins, sonic (shh), indian (ihh) and desert (dhh), and each of them signals through the receptor smoothened (smo)...
- Genetic and Morphologic Basis of Bat Wing DevelopmentKAREN SEARS; Fiscal Year: 2007..In addition, understanding the normal roles of genes that also play a role in abnormal developmental events such as cancer (i.e., Ihh and BMP) will provide a knowledge base for additional healthcare-related biomedical research.
- Molecular Analysis of Uterine ReceptivityFrancesco DeMayo; Fiscal Year: 2006..mouse in combination with DNA microarray technology, we recently demonstrated that the morphogen, Indian hedgehog, Ihh, is expressed in the murine uterus and, importantly, regulated by progesterone via its nuclear receptor...
- Molecular Mechanisms in Vertebrate Midbrain DevelopmentSeema Agarwala; Fiscal Year: 2010..the role of individual HHgenes and all HH signaling by gene expression analyses of the shh-/-, Indian Hedgehog (ihh-/-), shh:ihh-l- and smoothened (smo-/-) mice (where all HHsignal is lost)...
- Role of Ptchd3 in SpermatogenesisGuo Zhang Zhu; Fiscal Year: 2010..In vertebrates, there are three members of the Hh family, Sonic hedgehog (Shh), Indian hedgehog (Ihh) and Desert hedgehog (Dhh)...
- Hedgehog signaling in human hepatocellular carcinomaXin Chen; Fiscal Year: 2006..In our preliminary studies, we found that signaling molecules in hedgehog pathways, including, shh, ihh, ptch, smo, Gli1 and hip1, are expressed in both HCC cell lines and tissues...
- Modulation of Insulin Action by Testosterone in MenNelly Pitteloud; Fiscal Year: 2010..Therefore, if low T levels are shown to play a role in the pathogenesis of insulin resistance, T may well represent an important therapeutic modality for both preventing and treating the metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes in men. ..
- Individual Predoctoral Dental Scientist FellowshipSCOTT BAUR; Fiscal Year: 2004..to identify, a new skeletogenic factor and to study its interaction with known bone regulators such as BMPs, Wnts, Ihh, PThrP; and Gli transcription factors...
- Genotype /phenotype correlations in infertilityLAWRENCE LAYMAN; Fiscal Year: 2006..Patients with IHH constitute a severe reproductive-deficient phenotype with absent puberty, low serum gonadotropins, and infertility...
- Regulation of Parietal Endoderm MigrationLaura Grabel; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will therefore examine PE outgrowth on Matrigel, plus and minus fibronectin, with a particular focus on examining the role of integrins in promoting directed versus random migration. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Small RNAs in skeletogenesisTatsuya Kobayashi; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FUNCTION OF STIMULATORY G PROTEIN (GS) IN BONE IN VIVOHenry Kronenberg; Fiscal Year: 2003..system with parathyroid hormone (PTH)/parathyroid hormone-related peptide (PTHrP) receptor and Indian hedgehog (Ihh) signaling pathways...
- TYPE III COLLAGEN GENE EXPRESSION IN CARTILAGESHERRILL ADAMS; Fiscal Year: 2007..Finally, these studies will provide unique insights into the regulation of a complex locus which is, in essence, a gene within a gene. ..
- Methods for Modulating Hemato-Vascular DevelopmentMARGARET BARON; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- 2007 CARTILAGE BIOLOGY & PATHOLOGY GORDON RESEARCH CONFERENCEHenry Kronenberg; Fiscal Year: 2007..Special attention has been given to assure that the meeting takes full advantage of substantial representation of woman scientists as speakers and session chairs. ..
- NEUROENDOCRINE CONTROL OF PUBERTYCarol Foster; Fiscal Year: 2001..Puberty results in remarkable changes in the neuroendocrine control of the reproductive hormones, and study of these changes should lead to a better understanding of the pathophysiology of reproductive abnormalities and infertility. ..
- SONIC HEDGEHOG SIGNALING IN ODONTOGENESISEiki Koyama; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of the project will provide key information on morphogenetic and cellular signals responsible for initiation and progression of odontogenesis. ..
- Gene Expression Core FacilityHenry Kronenberg; Fiscal Year: 2003..lectures given by Core Facility Scientific directors to explain the technology and its uses; D. a lecture series involving invited speakers from the Boston area using the technology in imaginative ways. ..
- PTHrP on normal osteoblast differentiation and functionRAMIRO TORIBIO; Fiscal Year: 2008..Dr. Thomas Rosol's laboratory will provide an excellent environment for developing the skills necessary to become a successful independent researcher. ..
- Functional Activities of HCV Core ProteinRanjit Ray; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- HCV ENVELOPE GLYCOPROTEINS AND VACCINE DEVELOPMENTRanjit Ray; Fiscal Year: 2003....
- QUALITATIVE NATURE OF ANTIBODIES TO HCV GLYCOPROTEIN SUBUNIT VACCINE IN HUMANSRanjit Ray; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our proposed complimentary experimental approaches in this vaccinated cohort will help in developing successful vaccine strategies for the intervention of the first crucial step of the HCV life cycle. ..
- Regulation of Mandibular Condylar Cartialage GrowthRobert Hinton; Fiscal Year: 2006..If the perichondrial cells in MCC share regulatory features with cells in SUT rather than in SOS, this assumption is not only erroneous but may lead to inappropriate treatment strategies. ..
- Integration of Signaling Pathways Regulating Chondrocyte DifferentiationSherrill L Adams; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed experiments will provide significant insights into the roles these growth factors and hormones play in failure of normal skeletal growth, resulting in short stature. ..
- REGULATION OF CHONDROCYTE PROLIFERATIONMaurizio Pacifici; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Signaling Molecules and Long Bone FormationMaurizio Pacifici; Fiscal Year: 2005..It is far from clear how all these processes and events are regulated. Indian hedgehog (IHH) and retinoids are powerful signaling molecules...
- Mechanisms of Synovial Joint FormationMaurizio Pacifici; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results will be invaluable in conceiving novel, directed and specific therapies to repair and restore malfunctioning joints common to aging individuals and otherwise affected patients. ..
- TRANCE REGULATION OF CHONDROCYTE MATURATIONPAUL ODGREN; Fiscal Year: 2005..is in fact a naturally-occurring TRANCE loss-of-function mutation, and that TRANCE signaling is independent of the Ihh/PTHrP cascade of growth regulation. Three specific aims are presented to test these hypotheses...
- Small Laboratory Animal Imaging: High Resolution Microcomputed Tomography SystemRAMIRO TORIBIO; Fiscal Year: 2006..Salary and benefits for the Supervisor and Space and utilities for the instrument will be provided by Department of Veterinary Biosciences and the College of Veterinary Medicine. [unreadable] [unreadable]..