Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: KRT23
Description: keratin 23
Alias: CK23, HAIK1, K23, keratin, type I cytoskeletal 23, CK-23, cytokeratin 23, histone deacetylase inducible keratin 23, hyperacetylation-inducible type I keratin, keratin 23 (histone deacetylase inducible), keratin 23, type I, type I intermediate filament cytokeratin
- Keratin 23 (K23), a novel acidic keratin, is highly induced by histone deacetylase inhibitors during differentiation of pancreatic cancer cellsJ S Zhang
Division of Experimental Pathology, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Foundation, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 30:123-35. 2001..The gene is named K23 (for human type I Keratin 23, KRT23). K23 mRNA was highly induced by NaBu in different pancreatic cancer cells...
- Genes for intermediate filament proteins and the draft sequence of the human genome: novel keratin genes and a surprisingly high number of pseudogenes related to keratin genes 8 and 18M Hesse
Institute of Genetics, Division of Molecular Genetics and Bonner Forum Biomedizin, University of Bonn, Germany
J Cell Sci 114:2569-75. 2001..We describe the limits of our analysis and discuss the striking unevenness of pseudogene derivation in the IF multigene family. Finally, we propose to extend the nomenclature of Moll and colleagues to any novel keratin...
- Phosphoprotein Keratin 23 accumulates in MSS but not MSI colon cancers in vivo and impacts viability and proliferation in vitroKarin Birkenkamp-Demtroder
Molecular Diagnostic Laboratory, Department of Clinical Biochemistry, Aarhus University Hospital Skejby, Brendstrupgaardsvej, DK 8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
Mol Oncol 1:181-95. 2007..Keratin23 expression correlated significantly with transcription factor CEBPB. In conclusion, Keratin23 expression is a novel and important difference between microsatellite-stable and microsatellite-instable colon cancers...
- Cytoplasmic intermediate filaments are stably associated with nuclear matrices and potentially modulate their DNA-binding functionGenrich V Tolstonog
Max Planck Institut für Zellbiologie, Rosenhof, 68526 Ladenburg, Germany
DNA Cell Biol 21:213-39. 2002....
- Keratin 23, a novel DPC4/Smad4 target gene which binds 14-3-3εSven T Liffers
Medizinisches Proteom Center, Ruhr University Bochum Zentrum fuer Klinische Forschung, Universitaetsstr 150, 44780 Bochum, Germany
BMC Cancer 11:137. 2011..Using this cellular model system, we searched for new Smad4 targets comparing nuclear subproteomes derived from Smad4 re-expressing and Smad4 negative SW480 cells...
- Integrin-linked Kinase Controls Renal Branching Morphogenesis via Dual Specificity Phosphatase 8Joanna Smeeton
Program in Developmental and Stem Cell Biology, and Departments of Paediatrics, and Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Am Soc Nephrol 27:1465-77. 2016..of p38MAPK activity in murine inner medullary collecting duct 3 (mIMCD3) cells decreased expression of Wnt11, Krt23, and Slo4c1 DUSP8 overexpression in mIMCD3 cells significantly inhibited p38MAPK activation and the expression of ..
- Hematology grants K08 and K23David M Bodine
National Institutes of Health, 49 Convent Drive, Building 49, Room 3A14, MSC4442, Bethesda, MD 20892 4442, USA
Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program . 2005The first National Institutes of Health (NIH) grant awarded to physician scientists is often a K08 or K23 award. This chapter is designed for the Hematology Fellow who is preparing for an independent faculty position in 3-5 years...
- Large plasmid pCAR2 and class II transposon Tn4676 are functional mobile genetic elements to distribute the carbazole/dioxin-degradative car gene cluster in different bacteriaMasaki Shintani
Biotechnology Research Center, The University of Tokyo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 67:370-82. 2005..putida strain HS01 that was a transconjugant from mating between the carbazole-degrader Pseudomonas sp. strain K23 and P. putida strain DS1...
- Multiplexed parallel reaction monitoring targeting histone modifications on the QExactive mass spectrometerHui Tang
Department of Pharmacology, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555, United States
Anal Chem 86:5526-34. 2014..tryptic peptides, we identified novel H3 K18 methylation, H3 K27 monomethyl/acetyl duel modifications, H2B K23 acetylation, and H4 K20 acetylation in mammalian histones...
- Microarray-based detection and expression analysis of extracellular matrix proteins in drug‑resistant ovarian cancer cell linesRadosław Januchowski
Department of Histology and Embryology, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poznań 61 781, Poland
Oncol Rep 32:1981-90. 2014..The expression of seven genes decreased very significantly: ITGA1, COL1A2, LAMA2, GPC3, KRT23, VIT and HMCN1...
- Prox1 regulates Olig2 expression to modulate binary fate decisions in spinal cord neuronsValeria Kaltezioti
Center for Basic Research, Biomedical Research Foundation of the Academy of Athens BRFAA, 115 27, Athens, Greece and
J Neurosci 34:15816-31. 2014..showed that endogenous Prox1 directly binds to the proximal promoter of the Olig2 gene locus, as well as to the K23 enhancer, which drives Olig2 expression in the pMN domain...
- The vascular surgeon-scientist: a 15-year report of the Society for Vascular Surgery Foundation/National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute-mentored Career Development Award ProgramMelina R Kibbe
Division of Vascular Surgery, Northwestern University, Chicago, Ill Electronic address
J Vasc Surg 61:1050-7. 2015..career development program that provides a financial supplement to surgeon-scientists receiving NIH K08 or K23 career development awards...
- Comparison of Two Commercial Tick-Borne Encephalitis Virus IgG Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent AssaysFabian H Weissbach
Transplantation and Clinical Virology, Department of Biomedicine, University of Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Clin Vaccine Immunol 22:754-60. 2015..Both assays use whole TBEV antigens, but they differ in viral strains (Neudoerfl for ELISA-1 and K23 for ELISA-2) and cutoff values...
- Molecular Basis of the Divergent Immunogenicity of Two Pediatric Tick-Borne Encephalitis Virus VaccinesYvonne Beck
Vaccine R and D, Baxter BioScience, Orth an der Donau, Austria Pfizer Biotech, Dublin, Ireland
J Virol 90:1964-72. 2015..FSME-Immun Junior is based on the Neudörfl (Nd) strain, whereas Encepur Children is based on the Karlsruhe (K23) strain...
- Simple Epithelial KeratinsPavel Strnad
Department of Internal Medicine III and IZKF, University Hospital Aachen, Aachen, Germany Electronic address
Methods Enzymol 568:351-88. 2016..SEK filaments are composed of obligate heteropolymers of type II (K7, K8) and type I (K18-K20, K23) keratins...
- Sister Dehalobacter Genomes Reveal Specialization in Organohalide Respiration and Recent Strain Differentiation Likely Driven by Chlorinated SubstratesShuiquan Tang
Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry, University of Toronto Toronto, ON, Canada
Front Microbiol 7:100. 2016..compared to three other available organohalide-respiring Dehalobacter genomes (Dehalobacter restrictus strain PER-K23, Dehalobacter sp. strain E1 and Dehalobacter sp...
- Keratin 23 is a stress-inducible marker of mouse and human ductular reaction in liver diseaseNurdan Guldiken
Department of Internal Medicine III, RWTH University Hospital Aachen, Germany Interdisciplinary Center for Clinical Research IZKF, RWTH University Hospital Aachen, Germany
J Hepatol 65:552-9. 2016..In the present study we aimed to characterize K23 in the liver.
- Initial Molecular Recognition Steps of McjA Precursor during Microcin J25 Lasso Peptide MaturationNadine Assrir
Institut de Chimie des Substances Naturelles, CNRS UPR 2301, Universite Paris Sud, Université Paris Saclay, 1 Avenue de la Terrasse, 91190, Gif sur Yvette, France
Chembiochem 17:1851-1858. 2016..Moreover, we demonstrated that residues K23-Q34 in the N-terminal McjA leader peptide tend to adopt a helical conformation in the presence of membrane mimics, ..
- LPS-TLR4 Pathway Mediates Ductular Cell Expansion in Alcoholic HepatitisGemma Odena
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Departments of Medicine and Nutrition, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Sci Rep 6:35610. 2016..We performed transcriptome studies and identified keratin 23 (KRT23) as a new ductular cell marker. KRT23 expression correlated with mortality and LPS serum levels...
- Refined experimental annotation reveals conserved corrinoid autotrophy in chloroform-respiring Dehalobacter isolatesPo Hsiang Wang
Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
ISME J . 2016..Similar to D. restrictus strain PER-K23, strains CF and DCA require arginine, histidine and threonine for growth, although the corresponding biosynthesis ..
- Interaction with the DNA Repair Protein Thymine DNA Glycosylase Regulates Histone Acetylation by p300Ryan A Henry
Cancer Epigenetics and Cancer Biology Programs, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, United States
Biochemistry 55:6766-6775. 2016..with the CH3 domain of p300 to allosterically promote p300 activity to specific lysines on histone H3 (K18 and K23)...
- Absolute bioavailability and pharmacokinetics of linezolid in hospitalized patients given enteral feedingsPaul Beringer
School of Pharmacy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 49:3676-81. 2005..analysis incorporating linear and nonlinear elimination pathways were compared between groups: F, Ka, Vs, K23, K32, Vmax, Km, and K20 (bioavailability, absorption rate constant, volume of central compartment normalized to ..
- Chaperone-mediated acetylation of histones by Rtt109 identified by quantitative proteomicsNebiyu Abshiru
Institute for Research in Immunology and Cancer, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
J Proteomics 81:80-90. 2013..Our analyses showed that Rtt109-Vps75 preferentially acetylates H3 K9 and K23, the former residue being the major acetylation site...
- Outcome evaluation of the National Cancer Institute career development awards programJulie L Mason
National Cancer Institute, Rockville, MD, USA
J Cancer Educ 28:9-17. 2013..The evaluation covered seven NCI mechanisms (K01, K07, K08, K11, K22, K23, and K25) between 1980 and 2008...
- Identification of putative immunologic targets for colon cancer prevention based on conserved gene upregulation from preinvasive to malignant lesionsElizabeth K Broussard
Tumor Vaccine Group, Center for Translational Medicine in Women s Health, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 6:666-74. 2013..Silencing the most highly upregulated genes, CDH3, CLDN1, KRT23, and MMP7, in adenoma and CRC cell lines resulted in a significant decrease in viability (P < 0...
- Keratin 5 knockout mice reveal plasticity of keratin expression in the corneal epitheliumHong Lu
Institut fur Physiologische Chemie, Abteilung für Zellbiochemie, Bonner Forum Biomedizin and LIMES, Rheinische Friedrich Wilhelms Universitat, Nussallee 11, D 53115 Bonn, Germany
Eur J Cell Biol 85:803-11. 2006..a combination of antibodies and RT-PCR, we identified additional keratins expressed in the mouse cornea including K23 which was previously thought to be specific for pancreatic carcinomas...
- K4, K9 and K18 in human histone H3 are targets for biotinylation by biotinidaseKeyna Kobza
Department of Nutrition and Health Sciences, University of Nebraska Lincoln, Lincoln, NE 68583 0806, USA
FEBS J 272:4249-59. 2005..These studies provided evidence that K4, K9 and K18 in histone H3 are good targets for biotinylation; K14 and K23 are relatively poor targets. Antibodies were generated to histone H3, biotinylated either at K4, K9 or K18...
- Structural insights for activation of retinal guanylate cyclase by GCAP1Sunghyuk Lim
Department of Chemistry, University of California Davis, Davis, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e81822. 2013..A few GCAP1 residues in EF-hand 1 (K23, T27, G32) also show large chemical shift differences, and two of the mutations (K23D and G32N) each decrease the ..
- Divergent structures of carbazole degradative car operons isolated from gram-negative bacteriaKengo Inoue
Biotechnology Research Center, The University of Tokyo, 1 1 1 Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 68:1467-80. 2004..Sequencing analysis showed that two car operons and the neighboring regions of Pseudomonas sp. strain K23 are nearly identical to that of strain CA10...
- Development of degenerate and specific PCR primers for the detection and isolation of known and putative chloroethene reductive dehalogenase genesChristophe Regeard
Laboratory for Environmental Biotechnology, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne EPFL, ENAC ISTE, Bâtiment CH B Ecublens, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
J Microbiol Methods 56:107-18. 2004..the degenerate primers to genomic DNA of Sulfurospirillum multivorans strain K, Dehalobacter restrictus strain PER-K23, and Desulfitobacterium sp...
- Keratin23 (KRT23) knockdown decreases proliferation and affects the DNA damage response of colon cancer cellsKarin Birkenkamp-Demtroder
Department of Molecular Medicine MOMA, Aarhus University Hospital, Skejby, Aarhus N, Denmark
PLoS ONE 8:e73593. 2013Keratin 23 (KRT23) is strongly expressed in colon adenocarcinomas but absent in normal colon mucosa...
- The restricted metabolism of the obligate organohalide respiring bacterium Dehalobacter restrictus: lessons from tiered functional genomicsAamani Rupakula
Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne EPFL, School of Architecture, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Laboratory for Environmental Biotechnology, Station 6, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci 368:20120325. 2013Dehalobacter restrictus strain PER-K23 is an obligate organohalide respiring bacterium, which displays extremely narrow metabolic capabilities...
- Quantitating the specificity and selectivity of Gcn5-mediated acetylation of histone H3Yin Ming Kuo
Department of Cancer Biology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e54896. 2013..In doing so, we measured Gcn5-mediated acetylation at six residues (K14>K9 ≈ K23> K18> K27 ≈ K36) and the catalytic efficiency (k(cat)/K(m)) for K9, K14, K18, and K23 as well as the ..
- The innate reactivity of a membrane associated peptide towards lipids: acyl transfer to melittin without enzyme catalysisRobert H Dods
Department of Chemistry, Biophysical Sciences Institute, Durham University, Durham, United Kingdom
Org Biomol Chem 10:5371-8. 2012..The order of reactivity for amino groups on the peptide was N-terminus > K23 ≫ K21 > K7...
- Evidence for nonhydrogen bonded compound II in cyclic reaction of hemoglobin I from Lucina pectinata with hydrogen peroxideWalleska De Jesus-Bonilla
Chemistry Department, University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez Campus, P O Box 9019, Mayaguez, Puerto Rico 00681 9019, USA
Biopolymers 67:178-85. 2002..The rate constants ratio (k23/k41) between the formation of compound II from compound I (k23) and the oxidation of the ferrous HbI (k41, i.e...
- Targeted proteomics for quantification of histone acetylation in Alzheimer's diseaseKangling Zhang
Department of Basic Sciences, School of Medicine, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA 92350, USA
Proteomics 12:1261-8. 2012..reliably quantify specific histone acetylations in both AD and control brain by identifying the patterns of H3 K18/K23 acetylations Results of targeted proteomics assays have been validated by Western blot (WB) analysis...
- Selenocompounds in juvenile white sturgeon: estimating absorption, disposition, and elimination of selenium using Bayesian hierarchical modelingSusie Shih Yin Huang
Department of Animal Science, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Aquat Toxicol 109:150-7. 2012..the fractional rates [1/h] of absorption, tissue disposition, tissue release, and urinary elimination (k12, k23, k32, and k20), the proportion of the absorbed dose eliminated through the urine (f20), and the distribution blood ..
- Pharmacogenomic analysis of ATP-sensitive potassium channels coexpressing the common type 2 diabetes risk variants E23K and S1369AVeronica Y Lang
Department of Pharmacology, Alberta Diabetes Institute, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Pharmacogenet Genomics 22:206-14. 2012..Our previous studies showed that KATP channel inhibition by the A-site sulfonylurea gliclazide was increased in the K23/A1369 haplotype...
- Coordination of Cu(2+)and Ni(2+) with the histone model peptide of H2B N-terminal tail (1-31 residues): A spectroscopic studyAna Mónica Nunes
University of Ioannina, Department of Chemistry, 45110, Ioannina, Greece
Dalton Trans 39:4369-81. 2010..spectroscopy supported by CD spectroscopy indicated that Ni(2+) coordination takes place most likely through Q22-K23-K24-D25 peptide fragment...
- The ATP-sensitive K(+) channel ABCC8 S1369A type 2 diabetes risk variant increases MgATPase activityMohammad Fatehi
Alberta Diabetes Institute, Department of Pharmacology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Diabetes 61:241-9. 2012..human K(ATP) channels or glutathione S-transferase and NBD2 fusion proteins containing the E23/S1369 (nonrisk) or K23/A1369 (risk) variant haplotypes...
- Renal failure increases cardiac histone h3 acetylation, dimethylation, and phosphorylation and the induction of cardiomyopathy-related genes in type 2 diabetesAnil Bhanudas Gaikwad
Department of Nephrology, Medizinische Poliklinik, University of Munich, Munchen, Germany
Am J Pathol 176:1079-83. 2010..mice with glomerulosclerosis, albuminuria, and reduced glomerular filtration rate revealed increased acetylation (K23 and 9), phosphorylation (Ser 10), dimethylation (K4), and reduced dimethylation of (K9) of cardiac histone H3 as ..
- Synthesis, biological activity, and hologram quantitative structure-activity relationships of novel allatostatin analoguesZhen peng Kai
Department of Applied Chemistry, College of Science, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100193, People s Republic of China
J Agric Food Chem 58:2652-8. 2010..Their bioactivities in vitro were determined, and the results showed that eight analogues (K14, K15, K17, K18, K19, K23, K24, and K25) were more active than the lead, core region pentapeptide...
- Sex differences in attainment of independent funding by career development awardeesReshma Jagsi
University of Michigan and Ann Arbor Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Ann Intern Med 151:804-11. 2009..Concerns have been raised about the career pipeline in academic medicine, including whether women with a demonstrated commitment to research succeed at the same rate as male colleagues...
- Synchronous behaviors of CBP and acetylations of lysine 18 and lysine 23 on histone H3 during porcine oocyte first meiotic divisionKai Xue
State Key Laboratories for Agrobiotechnology, College of Biological Sciences, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100193, PR China
Mol Reprod Dev 77:605-14. 2010..domains is temporally coincident with the establishments of acetylated lysine 18 (AcH3/K18), lysine 23 (AcH3/K23) and dimethylated arginine 17 (dime-H3/R17) of histone H3 at meiotic stages from germinal vesicle breakdown (GVBD) ..
- Biochemical characterization of the novel rice kinesin K23 and its kinetic study using fluorescence resonance energy transfer between an intrinsic tryptophan residue and a fluorescent ATP analogueNozomi Umezu
Division of Bioengineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Soka University, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 8577, Japan
J Biochem 149:539-50. 2011..In this study, we focused on a novel rice plant kinesin, K23, which also belongs to the kinesin-7 subfamily...
- Characterization of a novel porcine enterovirus in domestic pig in HungaryAkos Boros
Regional Laboratory of Virology, National Reference Laboratory of Gastroenteric Viruses, ANTSZ Regional Institute of State Public Health Service, Pecs, Hungary
Infect Genet Evol 11:1096-102. 2011..PEV was not detected in serum samples. Sequence- and phylogenetic analysis of the complete genome of swine/K23/2008/HUN (HQ702854) show relationship to PEV strains but it is separated from the PEV9 and 10, especially in ..
- Insight into mechanism of small molecule inhibitors of the MDM2-p53 interaction: molecular dynamics simulation and free energy analysisJianzhong Chen
Laboratory of Molecular Modeling and Design, State Kay Laboratory of Molecular Reaction Dynamics, Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Science, 116011 China
J Mol Graph Model 30:46-53. 2011..surface area (MM-GBSA) analyses were used to study the inhibitory mechanisms of four small molecule inhibitors, K23, YIN, DIZ and IMZ on the p53-MDM2 interaction...
- Substitutions in the amino-terminal tail of neurospora histone H3 have varied effects on DNA methylationKeyur K Adhvaryu
Institute of Molecular Biology, University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon, United States of America
PLoS Genet 7:e1002423. 2011..In contrast, mutants bearing substitutions of R2, A7, R8, S10, A15, P16, R17, K18, and K23 were viable...
- Cytokeratin-related loss of cellular integrity is not a major driving force of human intrinsic skin agingKamil Oender
Department of Dermatology, Muellner Hauptstrasse 48, A 5020 Salzburg, Austria
Mech Ageing Dev 129:563-71. 2008..Therefore, we compared the expression of the constituents of the cytoskeleton, keratins 1-23 (K1-K23) as well as junction-plakoglobin (JUP), alpha-tubulin (TUBA), and beta-actin (ACTB) in human foreskins of both ..
- Crosstalk between CARM1 methylation and CBP acetylation on histone H3Sylvain Daujat
Wellcome Cancer Research UK Institute and Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QR, United Kingdom
Curr Biol 12:2090-7. 2002....
- Compensation of type I and type II cytokeratin pools in lung cancerNobuhiro Kanaji
First Department of Internal Medicine, Kagawa University, Kagawa, Japan
Lung Cancer 55:295-302. 2007..CKs) constitute the largest family of intermediate filament proteins, and are subdivided into type I (CK9-CK23) and type II (CK1-CK8) subclasses...
- Mass spectrometric characterization of human histone H3: a bird's eye viewC Eric Thomas
Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, Illinois 61801, USA
J Proteome Res 5:240-7. 2006..K14 and K23 were major sites of acetylation. H3...
- A novel simultaneous modeling approach to estimate linearity of pharmacokinetic parameters, including saturation of intestinal efflux, in the ratJ Andrew Williams
Department of Pharmacokinetics, Dynamics, and Metabolism, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Ann Arbor Laboratories, 2800 Plymouth Road, MI 48105, USA
J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods 52:307-13. 2005....
- GCN5: a supervisor in all-inclusive control of vertebrate cell cycle progression through transcription regulation of various cell cycle-related genesHidehiko Kikuchi
Department of Life Science, Frontier Science Research Center, Miyazaki Medical College, University of Miyazaki, 5200, Kihara, Kiyotake, Miyazaki 889 1692, Japan
Gene 347:83-97. 2005..GCN5-deficiency led to decreased acetylation levels of K16/H2B and K9/H3, and increased those of K7/H2A, K18/H3, K23/H3, K27/H3, K8/H4 and K12/H4...
- The human type I keratin gene family: characterization of new hair follicle specific members and evaluation of the chromosome 17q21.2 gene domainMichael A Rogers
Section of Normal and Neoplastic Epidermal Differentiation, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 280, 69210 Heidelberg, Germany
Differentiation 72:527-40. 2004..In contrast, K23 and K24 appear to be epithelial keratins associated with simple/glandular or stratified, non-cornified epithelia, ..
- Physical mapping and putative candidate gene identification of a quantitative trait locus Ctb1 for cold tolerance at the booting stage of riceK Saito
National Agricultural Research Center for Hokkaido Region, Hitsujigaoka 1, Toyohira, Sapporo, Hokkaido, Japan
Theor Appl Genet 109:515-22. 2004..indicated that Ctb1 is located in the 56-kb region covered by a bacterial artificial chromosome clone, OSJNBa0058 K23, that had been sequenced by the International Rice Genome Sequence Project...
- Single nucleotide polymorphisms associated with aggressive periodontitis and severe chronic periodontitis in JapaneseAsami Suzuki
General Dentistry, The Nippon Dental University Hospital at Tokyo, 2 3 16 Fujimi, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo 102 8158, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 317:887-92. 2004..with severe chronic periodontitis), but also in structural factors of periodontal tissues (COL4A1, COL1A1, and KRT23, associated with aggressive periodontitis; and HSPG2, COL17A1, and EGF, associated with severe chronic ..
- Evolution of trypsinogen activation peptidesJian Min Chen
Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Génétique Moléculaire et Génétique Epidémiologique, Universite de Bretagne Occidentale, Établissement Français du sang Bretagne, Brest, France
Mol Biol Evol 20:1767-77. 2003..of mammalian trypsinogens contains a highly conserved tetra-aspartate sequence (D19-D20-D21-D22) preceding the K23-I24 scissile peptide bond, which is hydrolyzed as the first step in the activation process...
- Training future generations of mental health researchers: devising strategies for tough timesCharles F Reynolds
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Acad Psychiatry 31:152-9. 2007....
- Clinical research career development: the individual perspectiveMyles Wolf
Renal Unit, Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, USA
Acad Med 77:1084-8. 2002..Finally, potential solutions are presented. These include a description of the National Institutes of Health K23, K24, and K30 programs and its new extramural Loan Repayment Program for clinical researchers...
- Cathepsin B cleavage of the trypsinogen activation peptideNiels Teich
Universitatsklinikum Leipzig, Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II, Gastroenterologie und Hepatologie, Philipp Rosenthal Str, 27 04103 Leipzig, Germany
BMC Gastroenterol 2:16. 2002..This action seems to be restricted to the K23-I24 peptide bond, which is the trypsinogen activation bond...
- A unique type I keratin intermediate filament gene family is abundantly expressed in the inner root sheaths of sheep and human hair folliclesC S Bawden
Department of Animal Science, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia
J Invest Dermatol 116:157-66. 2001..142_H_19), is likely to lie near the type I intermediate filament cytokeratin and hair keratin gene loci at 17q12-q21...
- Type B histone acetyltransferase Hat1p participates in telomeric silencingT J Kelly
The Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, Cellular and Developmental Biology Program, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Mol Cell Biol 20:7051-8. 2000..However, K14 was the best at preserving silencing, followed by K23 and then K27; K9 and K18 alone were insufficient...
- The future of clinical researchD Robertson
Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tenn, USA
J Investig Med 48:309-11. 2000..Research Enhancement Act, which most believe stimulated the National Institutes of Health to establish the K30, K23, and K24 Awards referred to by Dr. Robertson...
- Genomic characterization of human astrovirus type 6 Katano virus and the establishment of a rapid and effective reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction to detect all serotypes of human astrovirusN Sakon
Laboratory of Virology, Osaka Prefectural Institute of Public Health, Osaka, Japan
J Med Virol 61:125-31. 2000..1994]. The two representative strains, Katano virus K23 and K24, have been analyzed by sequencing the open reading frame 2 (ORF2) region after amplification by reverse ..
- Yeast HOS3 forms a novel trichostatin A-insensitive homodimer with intrinsic histone deacetylase activityA A Carmen
Department of Biological Chemistry, UCLA School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:12356-61. 1999..that recombinant HOS3 has a distinct specificity in vitro for histone H4 sites K5 and K8, H3 sites K14 and K23, H2A site K7, and H2B site K11...
- Dehalobacter restrictus gen. nov. and sp. nov., a strictly anaerobic bacterium that reductively dechlorinates tetra- and trichloroethene in an anaerobic respirationC Holliger
Swiss Federal Institute for Environmental Science and Technology EAWAG, Limnological Research Center, CH 6047 Kastanienbaum, Switzerland
Arch Microbiol 169:313-21. 1998..bacterium that couples the reductive dechlorination of tetrachloroethene to growth, previously referred to as PER-K23, was obtained in pure culture and characterized...
- K(ATP) channel polymorphism is associated with left ventricular size in hypertensive individuals: a large-scale community-based studySantiago Reyes
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Department of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Hum Genet 123:665-7. 2008..These findings implicate Kir6.2 K23 as a risk factor for adverse subclinical myocardial remodeling, and underscore the significance of cardiac K(ATP) ..
- Toward unraveling the complexity of simple epithelial keratins in human diseaseM Bishr Omary
Department of Molecular and Integrative Physiology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Clin Invest 119:1794-805. 2009..keratins (SEKs) are found primarily in single-layered simple epithelia and include keratin 7 (K7), K8, K18-K20, and K23. Genetically engineered mice that lack SEKs or overexpress mutant SEKs have helped illuminate several keratin ..
- Coexpression of the type 2 diabetes susceptibility gene variants KCNJ11 E23K and ABCC8 S1369A alter the ATP and sulfonylurea sensitivities of the ATP-sensitive K(+) channelKevin S C Hamming
Department of Pharmacology, Alberta Diabetes Institute, University of Alberta, Alberta, Canada
Diabetes 58:2419-24. 2009..Furthermore, there have been no studies of the S1369A variant or the combined effect of the two on K(ATP) channel function...
- Identification of tumor-associated antigens by using SEREX in hepatocellular carcinomaKaijuan Wang
Department of Epidemiology, Zhengzhou University, China
Cancer Lett 281:144-50. 2009..To identify biomarkers for diagnosis and prognosis of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Identification of a novel gene K23 over-expressed in fish cross-subfamily cloned embryosDe Sheng Pei
State Key Laboratory of Freshwater Ecology and Biotechnology, Institute of Hydrobiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, 430072, China
Mol Biol Rep 36:1375-80. 2009A novel gene-K23, differentially expressed in cross-subfamily cloned embryos, was isolated by RACE-PCR technique...
- Energetics and kinetics of radical pairs in reaction centers from Rhodobacter sphaeroides. A femtosecond transient absorption studyA R Holzwarth
Max Planck Institut für Strahlenchemie, Mulheim a d Ruhr, Germany
Biochemistry 35:11820-31. 1996..48 ps)-1] than for the second step P+B-H-->P+BH- [k23 approximately equal to (2.53 ps)-1], in contrast to the pure forward model...
- Isolation and partial characterization of a bacteriocin produced by Pediococcus pentosaceus K23-2 isolated from KimchiM S Shin
Korea Bio Science Research Institute of Organic Bio Tech Co Ltd, Jincheon, Korea
J Appl Microbiol 105:331-9. 2008Screening and partial characterization of a bacteriocin produced by Pediococcus pentosaceus K23-2 isolated from Kimchi, a traditional Korean fermented vegetable.
- A population pharmacokinetic model of epidural lidocaine in geriatric patients: effects of low-dose dopamineAndrea Kwa
Department of Pharmacy, Singapore General Hospital, Singapore
Ther Drug Monit 30:379-89. 2008..7% by dopamine. The mean rate constant for drug movement from central to peripheral compartment (K23) was increased by 47% in the patients receiving dopamine...
- Spectroscopic and kinetic study of the gas-phase CH3I-Cl and C2H5I-Cl adductsV Dookwah-Roberts
School of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia 30332, USA
J Phys Chem A 112:9535-43. 2008..for CH3I-Cl reactions with CH3I-Cl (k9), NO (k22), and NO2 (k24), and C2H5I-Cl reactions with C2H5I-Cl (k14), NO (k23), and NO2 (k25) were measured at 250 K...
- KATP channel Kir6.2 E23K variant overrepresented in human heart failure is associated with impaired exercise stress responseSantiago Reyes
Marriott Heart Disease Research Program, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Hum Genet 126:779-89. 2009..Here, the frequency of the minor K23 allele of the common functional Kir6...
- Pathways for the anaerobic microbial debromination of polybrominated diphenyl ethersKristin R Robrock
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, California, USA
Environ Sci Technol 42:2845-52. 2008..consortium containing multiple Dehalococcoides species, and two pure cultures, Dehalobacter restrictus PER-K23 and Desulfitobacterium hafniense PCP-1...
- Prokaryotic BirA ligase biotinylates K4, K9, K18 and K23 in histone H3Keyna Kobza
Departments of Nutrition and Health Sciences, University of Nebraska at Lincoln, Lincoln, NE, USA
BMB Rep 41:310-5. 2008..Moreover the biotinylation of histones by BirA ligase is consistent with the proposed role of human HCS in chromatin...
- Twentieth anniversary of American Vascular Association/Lifeline Foundation: a celebrationWilliam H Pearce
Division of Vascular Surgery, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Vasc Surg 47:1351-5. 2008..Clinical Scientist Development (K08) Awards, and three Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development (K23) Awards...
- Drosophila parthenogenesis: a tool to decipher centrosomal vs acentrosomal spindle assembly pathwaysMaria Giovanna Riparbelli
University of Siena, Department of Evolutionary Biology, Via A Moro 4, I 53100 Siena, Italy
Exp Cell Res 314:1617-25. 2008Development of unfertilized eggs in the parthenogenetic strain K23-O-im of Drosophila mercatorum requires the stochastic interactions of self-assembled centrosomes with the female chromatin...
- The Kazal motifs of RECK protein inhibit MMP-9 secretion and activity and reduce metastasis of lung cancer cells in vitro and in vivoChong Keng Chang
Institute of Biomedical Sciences, National Sun Yat Sen University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan
J Cell Mol Med 12:2781-9. 2008..which contained cysteine knot motif), 605-799 (named as K123 which contained three Kazal motifs), 676-799 (named as K23 which contained the last two Kazal motifs) and full-length RECK were produced and their anti-cancer effects were ..
- Regulation of Cidea protein stability by the ubiquitin-mediated proteasomal degradation pathwaySiu Chiu Chan
Department of Biology, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Clear Water Bay, Kowloon, Hong Kong, People s Republic of China
Biochem J 408:259-66. 2007..Furthermore, K23 (Lys23) within the N-terminus of the Cidea was identified as the major contributor to its polyubiquitination signal ..
- Stable carbon isotope fractionation of chloroethenes by dehalorespiring isolatesPatrick K H Lee
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Environ Sci Technol 41:4277-85. 2007..strain BAV1 as well as Sulfurospirillum multivorans and Dehalobacter restrictus strain PER-K23, isolates that do not dechlorinate past DCE, are reported...
- Research funding and mentoring in family medicine residenciesRichard A Young
John Peter Smith Family Medicine Residency Program, Fort Worth, Texas 76104, USA
Fam Med 39:410-8. 2007..This study's purpose was to measure the current status of research funding and mentoring in family medicine residencies and to ascertain what resources are needed to increase residencies' research output...
- Understanding/ Treating Neuropsychiatric Symptoms of Pediatric Physical IllnessEva Szigethy; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Shervin Assassi; Fiscal Year: 2014..These productive mentor-mentee relationships will build the basis for the success of this K23 proposal. Environment: UTHSC-H is one of the largest systemic sclerosis centers in the nation...
- BRIAN JAMES MICKEY; Fiscal Year: 2015DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The proposed K23 career development award aims to train a promising candidate to become an independent investigator in neuroimaging, genetics, and mood disorders while characterizing neurobiological ..
- CYNTHIA T MCEVOY; Fiscal Year: 2016..Success of this study is supported by strong pilot data from Dr. McEvoy's K23 showing statistically significant improvements in pulmonary function tests in infants born to smoking mothers who ..
- Enrico M Novelli; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This is an application for a K23 award for Dr...
- Renée A Shellhaas; Fiscal Year: 2014..With the expertise obtained through this K23 award, the PI will position herself as a clinical scientist uniquely able to pursue critical questions at the ..
- Cynthia D Morris; Fiscal Year: 2016..Success of this study is supported by strong pilot data from Dr. McEvoy's K23 showing statistically significant improvements in pulmonary function tests in infants born to smoking mothers who ..
- ANGELA MEI TIN LEUNG; Fiscal Year: 2015..During the K23 award period, my career development plans include participation in research-oriented seminars, presenting at ..
- Brian Till; Fiscal Year: 2016..During the K23 career development period, he intends to address areas of deficiency in laboratory experience, regulatory ..
- KELLY VICTORIA LIANG; Fiscal Year: 2016..Her track record suggests that mentorship and research activities from the K23 Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award would enable her to develop a research career that will ..
- Katherine M Sharkey; Fiscal Year: 2015DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award (K23) proposal outlines 5 years of training and research to equip the candidate to examine neurobehavioral and genetic aspects of mood ..
- NESTOR RAUL GONZALEZ; Fiscal Year: 2016..He will be relieved of a significant portion of his teaching and clinical activities during the K23 award, to allow a dedication of at least 50%...
- Samay Jain; Fiscal Year: 2015..of this program, he has completed a Masters of Science in Clinical Research and generated preliminary data for this K23 application...
- Gabriela Schmajuk; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This is an application for a K23 award for Dr...
- Jessica B Kendrick; Fiscal Year: 2015..Dr. Kendrick will have 75-85% protected time to devote to the proposed research activities of the K23 award...
- Ann E Tilley; Fiscal Year: 2014..I am seeking the K23 award to gain the mentored, practical experience that I need to attain my long-term goal of being an independent ..
- Wei Ding; Fiscal Year: 2015..Both have a track record of developing junior faculties to independent investigators. With the assistance of this K23 award, Dr...
- Lipika Samal; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This is an application for a K23 Career Development Award for Dr. Lipika Samal, a general internist at Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH) in Boston, Massachusetts. Dr...
- Kelly A Birdwell; Fiscal Year: 2015Project Summary/Abstract The purpose of the K23 application is to develop myself into a successful independent investigator conducting patient-oriented research in transplant pharmacogenomics...
- HEATHER HERSON BURRIS; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This application for a K23 Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award includes a 5-year plan for training and research activities that will provide the skills and experience needed ..
- Shonni J Silverberg; Fiscal Year: 2016..Of those I have mentored, 3 currently hold and 1 recently completed NIH K23 Awards, 3 completed Masters in POR (2 under my mentorship) and 2 received Endocrine Fellows Foundations grants...
- Julie Paik; Fiscal Year: 2016..This K23 proposal will investigate novel modifiable risk factors for VF and explore the potential role of non- invasive ..
- JASON PERRY BLOCK; Fiscal Year: 2016..This K23 Research Career Development Award will build upon his strong methodological skills obtained during a recently-..
- Gregory Chang; Fiscal Year: 2015DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The goal of this K23 Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award proposal is to provide Gregory Chang, M.D...
- ROBERT SCHONBERGER; Fiscal Year: 2016..S. Veterans Administration. Research: This K23 Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award proposes a series of three studies to establish the ..
- Peter C Chien; Fiscal Year: 2015..The K23 mechanism is appropriate for this goal and also in a mentored environment serves to aid the transition of the PI&..
- MONIQUE EVANGELINE HINCHCLIFF; Fiscal Year: 2015..Hinchcliff's goals for career development: 1) a strong K23 mentorship committee composed of three NIH-funded investigators (Drs. Rowland W...
- JOSEPH ABIODUN LADAPO; Fiscal Year: 2016..The NHLBI K23 Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award will provide me with the additional training I need to ..
- The Role of Lung Volumes in Nocturnal AsthmaROBERT LLEWELLYN OWENS; Fiscal Year: 2013..A mentored K23 grant will provide the support necessary to pursue the ongoing training and research...
- Jennifer Jao; Fiscal Year: 2016..their support through clinic staff and faculty who have collaborated successfully on the pilot project of this K23 Award...
- Corinne Keet; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This K23 award will provide Corinne Keet, MD, MS, with the necessary training and experience to become an independent investigator performing patient-oriented research in the field of allergy and ..
- JASON J HASSENSTAB; Fiscal Year: 2016..provided by applicant): This is an application for a Mentored Patient-Oriented Career Development Award (K23)...
- NICOLE LENORE MIHALOPOULOS; Fiscal Year: 2014..This K23 award investigates why some obese children, adolescents and adults exhibit evidence of metabolic dysfunction (..
- The Ethics of Fragile X Genetic Screening and Testing Across the LifespanKruti Acharya; Fiscal Year: 2012..The career development plans outlined in this K23 application will enhance the training and experience I have had to date and will provide additional guidance and ..
- Jay C Fournier; Fiscal Year: 2016..DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The aim of this proposed Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development (K23) Award is to provide the candidate with the training in affective neuroscience necessary to examine the functional ..
- Randy Patrick Auerbach; Fiscal Year: 2016..Throughout the five-year K23 Mentor Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award, the applicant will pursue an innovative line of research ..
- BETH YVONNE BESECKER; Fiscal Year: 2016..Support from a K23 Mentored Career Development Award would provide the foundation to attain these goals. Career Development: Dr...
- Alexis A Topjian; Fiscal Year: 2016..CHOP), is resubmitting her application for the Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award (K23)...
- ANNE MARIE M SINGH; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This is an application for a K23 award for Dr. Anne Marie Singh, a pediatric allergist-immunologist at Northwestern Feinberg School of Medicine. Dr...
- NATALIE DARA SHAW; Fiscal Year: 2015..Under a K23, I will gain the additional training in clinical research and sleep medicine that I need to attain my ultimate ..
- Andrew M Busch; Fiscal Year: 2015DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This K23 career development award will help the PI achieve his long-term career goal to become an independent clinical investigator developing innovative treatments to address health behavior change (..
- Ellen A Lipstein; Fiscal Year: 2016..The proposed K23 career development plan will build upon her fellowship training and early career development to focus on three ..
- Chamindi Seneviratne; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The scientific goal of the K23 application is to develop a novel genomic biomarker combination (Serotonin transporter gene (SERT) mRNA expression levels in 5'-HTTLPR-LL genotype carriers) for ..
- Erika Litvin Bloom; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The goal of this K23 Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award is to provide the candidate, Dr...
- Rachel Saunders-Pullman; Fiscal Year: 2015..This research builds on studies conducted during my K23 and capitalizes on two current studies funded by the Fox Foundation, the Consortium study of PD in Ashkenazi Jews (..
- Kimberly Driscoll; Fiscal Year: 2015..This K23 study is significant because it addresses the critical need for improving insulin pump adherence where non-..
- BENJAMIN FRANKLIN CHONG; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The NIH K23 mentored award provides the necessary foundation for me to fulfill my career goals of being an independently-funded clinical investigator focusing on the gene and immunologic profiles of ..
- REBECCA ASHARE; Fiscal Year: 2016..The K23 mechanism will enable me to focus at least 90% of my time and effort to develop a career as an independent clinical ..
- The Overlap Syndrome of COPD and OSA: Determinants of Health Status and OutcomesTheodore A Omachi; Fiscal Year: 2012DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This is an application for a K23 award for Dr. Theodore Omachi, a pulmonologist at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF). Dr...
- James J Chen; Fiscal Year: 2016Abstract This is an application for a K23 Mentored Research Career Development Award for Dr. James Chen, an Assistant Professor and Orthodontist at UCSF. Dr...
- Motivational Interviewing and Physical Activity Behavior Change in ArthritisLinda Ehrlich-Jones; Fiscal Year: 2012..The objectives of this K23 award application are 1) to increase my theoretical knowledge in behavior change, 2) to increase my methodological ..
- Heathy Bodies, Healthy Minds: Helping Adolescents with PCOSDana L Rofey; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award (K23) will enable Dr...
- John Koethe; Fiscal Year: 2016..He is applyin for a K23 career development award to achieve his short-term goal of acquiring expertise in immunology and laboratory ..
- JAMES JOSEPH PRISCIANDARO; Fiscal Year: 2016..Dr. Prisciandaro seeks a Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award (K23), through the National Institutes of Health-National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIH/NIAAA), to ..
- Bret R Rutherford; Fiscal Year: 2014Project Summary/Abstract This Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award (K23) application describes a five year training and research program that supports the candidate to become an expert in the cognitive and neural ..
- VIRGINIA EMILY STURM; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This is an application for a K23 award for Dr. Virginia Sturm, a neuropsychology fellow at the University of California, San Francisco Memory and Aging Center (MAC). Dr...
- Gregory L Stuart; Fiscal Year: 2015..mentoring at least 10 faculty mentees, including at minimum, one NIAAA-funded K01 award recipient, one NICHD-funded K23 recipient, one NIAAA-funded F-32 recipient, and 7 additional assistant or associate professors who have recently or ..
- Addressing Oral Health Disparities in Individuals with Mental Health ProblemsLisa J Heaton; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This proposal for a K23 Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award will provide the candidate with five years of continuous mentored support and additional training in the ..
- Physiological Disturbances Associated with Neonatal Intraventricular HemorrhageJEFFREY RADIN KAISER; Fiscal Year: 2012..We will use our continuous physiological monitoring system developed during our K23 studies to determine cerebral autoregulatory capacity...
- Pharmacoepidemiology of Atypical Antipsychotic DrugsWilliam V Bobo; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): I am applying for a National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) K23 Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award to receive the training and research experience needed to become an ..
- Musculoskeletal Disorder in Dialysis PatientsSharon M Moe; Fiscal Year: 2010..Moe has or is mentoring 13 individuals, 4 faculty (one with a K01, one with a pending K23, and one with an ADA career development award), 1 internal medicine housestaff (now a Nephrologist), and 8 ..
- Kirsten Neudoerffer Kangelaris; Fiscal Year: 2016DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This is an application for a K23 award for Dr. Kirsten Kangelaris, a hospitalist at the University of California, San Francisco. Dr...
- Aspiration Pneumonia in Children with Neurological ImpairmentRajendu Srivastava; Fiscal Year: 2009..This has led to wide variation in treatments offered to these children. The research plan of this K23 proposal consists of two studies that will compare the outcomes of these two treatments (SF or JT) for children ..
- Novel Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Preventive TherapiesCarine M Lenders; Fiscal Year: 2010..Few therapies have demonstrated long term efficacy in combating obesity and risk of T2DM in youth. This K23 Award application outlines a mentored 5-year education and research plan, centered on the use of amino acids as ..
- NEURONAL DYSFUNCTION IN PREMENSTRUAL DYSPHORIC DISORDERC Epperson; Fiscal Year: 2004..I have designed the K23 award to enable me to pursue a five-year comprehensive research-training plan...
- Situational Problem Solving in Adolescents with Type 2 Diabetes: Enhancing an RCTRussell Rothman; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our initial research from the K23 award has examined barriers to the optimal management of adolescents with T2DM...
- RCR Multi-Component Mentoring ModelELIZABETH RIPLEY; Fiscal Year: 2009..There are four K awards offered through the NIH, (K01, K08, K23, and K25) that are designed to provide mentored training for new researchers with the goal of developing them into ..
- Cost and Adherence in Drug Abuse TreatmentKENNETH STOLLER; Fiscal Year: 2007..by applicant): [unreadable] This is a proposal for a Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award (K23)...
- Effect of temporal lobectomy on sensory deficits in TLEArthur Grant; Fiscal Year: 2007DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This application is for a Mentored Patient-Oriented RCDA (K23). The candidate is trained in clinical neurology and neurophysiology, and completed a Ph.D. thesis in basic visual neurophysiology...
- Dynamic ECG Predictors of Sudden Cardiac Death in Ischemia CardiomyopathyMary Carey; Fiscal Year: 2007..provided by applicant): This application for a Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award (K23) is designed to support a period of training to the candidate, a doctorally-prepared nurse who is an Assistant ..
- Neurophysiology of Working Memory in Bipolar DisorderCaleb Adler; Fiscal Year: 2007unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): This NIMH Mentored Patient-Oriented Career Development (K23) Award application is to support Dr. Caleb M. Adler's developing expertise in neuroimaging and bipolar disorder...
- Heart Failure and Beta-Blocker Use in Older AdultsAli Ahmed; Fiscal Year: 2006DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The purpose of this revised NIA K23 award application (1 K23 AG19211-01A1) is to provide the candidate, Ali Ahmed, MD, MPH, a fellowship trained geriatrician with additional training and research ..